Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Just a little help please

Report bad ads?

As-salam Aleikum wa rahmatullah,

So just to be very brief, does anyone have any practical steps to killing ego? I'm just a little paranoid because there was a hadith that whoever has a atoms weight of pride will not enter Paradise. An example in my situation would be if were playing basketball and I would get blocked or something (happens sometimes!) I just have this ill feeling in my gut that's saying, "You dare block me?!" Thank God this never manifested outwardly but I usually just knock it off and continue with life. I just want to know some ways to just never have this feeling in the first place. I'm also very paranoid (I'm just a mess) :\ because I care WAY too much what people think of me. I just eventually want to have peace of mind and completely surrender to Allah (SWT) with my actions and my mind.

Barakallahu feek
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    *charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Just a little help please

Assalamu Alaikum

The basketball feeling you get sounds more like a competitive thing, not a prideful thing lol. As long as you don't harm anyone, get angry, and forget that it's a game, you should be fine inshallah. Wa allahu alem.

The type of pride that's not good is arrogance. It's when you don't have the humility to humble yourself to do something right or to better yourself in the deen. It's when you see yourself better than others and you look down upon them.

There's a hadith I believe that says you should compare yourself to those who have less than you instead of comparing yourself with those who have more than you (in wealth), so that you don't become envious and learn to appreciate what you have; and not to compare yourself to those who are less religious than you, but to compare yourself with those who are more religious than you are so that you do have the right kind of jealousy and strive to become better in iman.

Also it's not wrong to be prideful about your religion as long as you are god fearing. Sometimes muslims are ashamed to be muslims, so they try to hide it and blend in more with the culture surrounding them, not realizing this is just ruining them.

fi aman allah
    w'salaam
    Just a little help please

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Just a little help please

the worst type of pride is when you tell someone to obey Allaah and his prophet and they talk back.

thats when you should be worried.

sallallahi alaihi wasallaam
    Just a little help please

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Just a little help please Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Just a little help please