Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

New Convert

Report bad ads?

As Salamu Allaykum

I am a new convert. I just want to ask something which is really bothering me after converting to Islam. Is it really important to be circumcised when embracing Islam? I have a blood abnormality called Hemophilia wherein there is an abnormal clotting of the blood, that is the reason why I am not circumcised.Please help me, shall I admit it to our Imam? Please help I am really bothered by this.

2. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: New Convert

Wa'alaikum salam.

Welcome to Islamicboard forum.

Unfortunately I'm not capable to answer your question. But Insha Allah, someone here can give you an answer.

Hulk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Part-time Avenger
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaykum salam

I would advice you to seek an unbiased medical expert to confirm that circumcision might be dangerous for you then after that you can consult a knowledgable Imam to let him know of the situation. It's quite a private matter and it should be kept that way InshaaAllah.
    | Likes Thomasg liked this post
    New Convert

RE0IROm 1 - New Convert

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to Islam.

It's not compulsory but recommended . If u are old or have problem on medical ground , then first talk to a Muslim doctor. If he says it's not safe for u , then don't do it.

And Allah knows best.
    New Convert

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com

6. Report bad ads?
    Urban Turban's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome brother.

Circumcision is a sunnah [a practice of the Final Prophet of God, Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him] not fardh meaning obligatory, so if you don't wish to perform circumcision...please read this:

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/21485

As you are a revert, I strongly suggest you keep in touch with senior Scholars and not Islamic forums if you wish to seek any answers and clarify your doubts. There are more anti-Islam / deviant sites in the name of Islam on the web than authentic sites, so I hope you understand.

Let me know if you wish to keep in touch with a Scholar and I'll forward the details.

Plus there are professionals in every field, so if you have any questions on Islam, its only prudent to ask an Islamic scholar and not random people. Humble advice.
    Last edited by Urban Turban; 02-03-2013 at 05:11 AM.
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    New Convert

Imam ash-Shafi`i said:

"Whoever takes knowledge from books loses the regulations."
    (man akhadha al-`ilma min al-kutubi Dayya`a al-aHkaama). [Reported by Nawawi in the introduction to "al-Majmu"]

www.theijtema.com

Because Inconvenience is Sacrifice®

8. Hide
Hey there! New Convert Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. New Convert