× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 28 visibility 8742

Dalai Lama Decries Buddhist Attacks On Muslims In Myanmar

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Tuesday decried Buddhist monks’ attacks on Muslims in Myanmar, saying killing in the name of religion was “unthinkable.”

The Dalai Lama, a foremost Buddhist leader, told an audience at the University of Maryland at the start of a U.S. tour that the root of seemingly sectarian conflict was political, not spiritual.

“Really, killing people in the name of religion is unthinkable, very sad. Nowadays even Buddhists are involved in Burma,” another name for Myanmar, with monks attacking Muslim mosques, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate said after delivering the Anwar Sadat Lecture for Peace at the university.

“I think it is very sad,” he said, adding, “I pray for them (the monks) to think of the face of Buddha,” who had been a protector of Muslims.

[...]

“You have the responsibility to create a new world based on the concept of one humanity.”
    http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/201...ms-in-myanmar/

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Dalai Lama Decries Buddhist Attacks On Muslims In Myanmar

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Sir Fluffy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Dalai Lama Decries Buddhist Attacks On Muslims In Myanmar

The Burmese government is well known for inciting violence against those it hates. The odds of Buddhist killing are quite rare after all The story if I remember right was that some alleged rapes and murders were attributed to a local masjid or mosque which lead to its raide by a crowd of Buddhists. Such ploys have been used before by the Myanmar government to get rid of anything it feels as threatening. Most Burmese feel highly threatened by Islam as do most South Asians as they are not known for being extremely pious. This is just another case of a Government fearing attack from a people who will not tolerate its corruption. Many negative things have been associated to Muslims in South Asia and this often leads to lies circulating in order to "stamp out" any Islamic influence. The only difference is that Burma has mastered this tactic.
    | Likes جوري liked this post
    chat Quote

Independent's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Rohingya are not the only community in Myanmar who are suffering. The Karen are a very much larger group (perhaps as many as 7 million) who have been equally afflicted. As a result many of them have fled to Thailand as refugees.

For this reason, the Myanmar situation should be seen as nationalistic rather than anti-Muslim specifically. The Karen are of mixed religion - not Islamic - but the majority are Buddhist (same as the government) plus many Christians and animists. Sharing the same religion hasn't helped them.

The Myanmar government has tried to carve out a new nationalist identity since WW2 which has, in practice, excluded groups like the Rohingya and the Karen.
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi ,

did he protest earlier ? Anyway better late than never .

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dalai Lama talked about situation of Myanmar earlier at the autumn of 2012.

Source: http://www.rohingyablogger.com/2012/...n-over_23.html
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post
    Hi ,

did he protest earlier ? Anyway better late than never .
    Apparently he did speak out earlier:
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...8#.UZIsPLXfCvE
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Leave it to that guy to take a genocide and water it down and by same token take a situation where practically all the facts are either missing or concocted and blow it out of proportion!
    By the way so what the Dali crap spoke against said genocide so what? Does that make it all better?
    Maybe if it were one of these kaffirs seeing their mothers raped before their eyes and torched alive they'd make a holocaust out of it - what a bunch of sick hypocrites!
    Truly reading posts by the lot of them makes an already heinous situation that much worse!
    They'd be better off just shutting up so people aren't seeing all the hiqd they've inside and what they do to cover it up ugh!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Dalai Lama Decries Buddhist Attacks On Muslims In Myanmar

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    As far away from civilization as possible
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am curious about his statement regarding Buddha being a protector of Muslims. After all, Islam was not founded until about 1000 years after his death.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by العنود View Post
    Leave it to that guy to take a genocide and water it down and by same token take a situation where practically all the facts are either missing or concocted and blow it out of proportion!
    By the way so what the Dali crap spoke against said genocide so what? Does that make it all better?
    Maybe if it were one of these kaffirs seeing their mothers raped before their eyes and torched alive they'd make a holocaust out of it - what a bunch of sick hypocrites!
    Truly reading posts by the lot of them makes an already heinous situation that much worse!
    They'd be better off just shutting up so people aren't seeing all the hiqd they've inside and what they do to cover it up ugh!
    Huh? He decries violent in the name of religion, he decries violence against muslims in particular and calls for peace, and you somehow find something to be offended about in that? Is there an additional article linked to that I missed?
    | Likes glo, sister herb, Sir Fluffy liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll View Post
    I am curious about his statement regarding Buddha being a protector of Muslims. After all, Islam was not founded until about 1000 years after his death.
    LOL Good point.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    As far away from civilization as possible
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    LOL Good point.
    Maybe some memory gets lost in the reincarnation process....I dunno.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    Huh? He decries violent in the name of religion, he decries violence against muslims in particular and calls for peace, and you somehow find something to be offended about in that? Is there an additional article linked to that I missed?
    Are his cries bringing back the dead? giving security to the Muslims there? preventing further rapes from taking place? I really think he should shut up. It isn't a matter of words, reminds me of when the U.S was dropping bombs and food on Afghanistan in different colored packages, just so they can pretend they're such god samaritans.. you and your luck red get bombed yellow have lunch... If you fail to see the insult to injury then I can't help you there!

best,

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Dalai Lama Decries Buddhist Attacks On Muslims In Myanmar

chat Quote

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Are his cries bringing back the dead? giving security to the Muslims there? preventing further rapes from taking place? I really think he should shut up. It isn't a matter of words, reminds me of when the U.S was dropping bombs and food on Afghanistan in different colored packages, just so they can pretend they're such god samaritans.. you and your luck red get bombed yellow have lunch... If you fail to see the insult to injury then I can't help you there!

best,
    And if he hadn't of said anything it would have been: "Why is no one speaking out against these attacks?" I see no reason why the Dalai Lama should keep his mouth shut.

If people don't speak out it's bad, if they do they should just keep their mouths shut? The fact is you're bitter against the non-Muslim world. You don't accept non-Muslim friendship or sympathy- you told me once you consider non-Muslims filth. It's quite sad really. It's just a good not all Muslims share you're dislike or it would be an even more divided world than it already is. Not every non-Muslim is bad or immoral and they're not all your enemy.

Will this get removed for a "personal attack"......who knows........
    | Likes joedawun liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    And if he hadn't of said anything it would have been: "Why is no one speaking out against these attacks?" I see no reason why the Dalai Lama should keep his mouth shut.
    No, I couldn't give a fig what he decries or doesn't if he lights himself on fire in protest it is meaningless as is what you write here- and if you followed any of my posts, all I have ever said in regards to this matter is that all those Muslims should fight back by any means available to them not seek someone to decry or look for aid from another nation. Let's face it San Suu Kyi gets a noble prize while killing on the side.. what should we make of that exactly? we should applaud it and not be bitter!
    In closure didn't elect you to speak on my behalf!

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    or sympathy
    Sympathy? if it is anyone's goal to get sympathy then how pitiable!
    How about you find me my actual quotes and post it here otherwise?
    Don't feign to know what I am thinking, what I am feeling, or what I'd expressed unless by direct quote!

I wouldn't worry about the mods if you were throwing that in there for good measure- hypocrisy & double speak gets the other cheek around here so you'll be good on everything you concoct and accuse with!
    Last edited by جوري; 05-14-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    | Likes Sir Fluffy liked this post

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I find it most bizarre that the Dalai Lama speaks on behave of Buddhists in general when most Buddhist do no adhere to Tibetan Buddhism. Out of all the Buddhist I have known not a single one adheres to it and I am unfamiliar it there are adherents in Myanmar. So in all reality the Dalai Lam's word do not truly matter if Myanmar has no adherents to this brand.
    Burmese government has been trying to stamp out Karen and they will now concoct lies to stamp out Muslims. I know this will sound bizarre because I am not a Muslim but I personally would not mind acts of Jihad being performed on the Burmese militia. This is a government that commits acts of genocide on its own people after all. . I also believe this is why Burma will not tolerate Muslims because they are afraid that Muslims have a tendency not to tolerate political corruption than most groups.
    | Likes جوري liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffy View Post
    I know this will sound bizarre because I am not a Muslim but I personally would not mind acts of Jihad being performed on the Burmese militia
    You're not Muslim or was that a typo akhi?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You're not Muslim or was that a typo akhi?

Um, my religion says other so I thought it was already known. I have quite a few Muslim friends as I do not live that far from a masjid though and I am very knowledge about Islam from interacting with these guys. Main reason I am here actually is because of me being around them.

I hope this does not bother you
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffy View Post
    Um, my religion says other so I thought it was already known. I have quite a few Muslim friends as I do not live that far from a masjid though and I am very knowledge about Islam from interacting with these guys. Main reason I am here actually is because of me being around them.

I hope this does not bother you
    It doesn't bother me at all, but I could have sworn you'd it down as Muslim hence the confusion.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It doesn't bother me at all, but I could have sworn you'd it down as Muslim hence the confusion.

I mean no offense by this, but does Islam wear off on people after 5 years of interactive exposure to it? Perhaps that could have been why Iconfused you
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I meant "rub on" not "wear off"
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Dalai Lama Decries Buddhist Attacks On Muslims In Myanmar Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dalai Lama Decries Buddhist Attacks On Muslims In Myanmar