As salaamu alai kumm wa rahmatullahi wa barakath,

One of life’s little pleasures is reading a good old book or better still a hardcover on a rainy wintry evening…the smell of its ink is a big part of that experience, which is why I feel eBooks will never be able to match that feel, let alone replacing the actual book.
eBook’s, my dear readers, are but a compromise.

And if the book happens to be on one of the greatest Islamic personalities of the last century, the joy only multiplies.
This morning I experienced the above when by the grace of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, I finally laid my hands on a biographical on Hazrath Shaikh Maulana Sayyid Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (may Allah have mercy on him) – by far one of the greatest scholars of the Muslim ummah of the past century from India.

The book is titled ‘Sayyid Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi: Life and Works’ by Abdul Kadar Choughley, all this while I thought the only biography on the great Shaikh was written by Shaikh Akram Nadwi (damath baraka tuhum) but I was wrong. This book precedes the one written by Shaikh Akram Nadwi.

UPDATE: This book was published in December 2011 while Shaikh Akram Nadwi’s book was released in March 2013.
Title: Sayyid Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi: Life and WorksAuthor: Abdul Kadar Choughley
Publisher: D. K. Printworld

Continue reading:

http://theijtema.com/2013/07/19/ali-miyan-nadwi-biography/

(Index of the contents of the book has been provided after the photos)

20130719124733jpgw611h814 1 - Book Preview & Unboxing of 'Sayyid Abul Hasan Ali Miyan Nadwi: Life & Works' by AKC