star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question About A Miracle

Report bad ads?

I'm new to this, and I apologize in advance if this is not the proper forum.

I was reading a really old (200 years old) French book and it mentioned the word "souad". I'll get to this later.

Curious about this word, I read further about the Miracle of the Mi'raj and followed that reading to yet another miracle. According to Hadith, the Angel Gabriel (as) came to The Prophet (saws) when he was a young boy and opened his chest. He took out a dark spot from The Prophet's (saws) heart, washed his heart with the water of Zam-Zam and put it back.

So back to the original word I saw, "souad". According to this old French book the word "souad" is the specific word for the dark spot the Angel Gabriel (as) removed from The Prophet's (saws) heart. I am almost 100% certain this word is incorrect, but I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to help me discover what the real word should be?

Thank you
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    MuslimInshallah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Question About A Miracle

Hello Curious,

The Arabic word for black or blackness is sawaad. I suspect it's a transliteration of this. I have not heard of there being a specific name for this dark spot, but perhaps someone else has some knowledge which I do not.

I hope this helps.

May God Bless you in your search.
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    Question About A Miracle

Our finitude is our distance from Him. His infinitude is His closeness to us. Abdal-Hakim Murad @Contentions

chat Quote

Signor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes,Angel Gabriel (AS) lay Muhammad(SAAWS) down and removed his heart, which he then washed of its black blood-clot or the dark spot i.e the nucleus/tendency of sin in a man’s heart. This purification made it possible for Muhammad(SAAWS) to later receive God’s revelation and preach to the people.
    Question About A Miracle

chat Quote

Curious1's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah View Post
    Hello Curious,

The Arabic word for black or blackness is sawaad. I suspect it's a transliteration of this. I have not heard of there being a specific name for this dark spot, but perhaps someone else has some knowledge which I do not.

I hope this helps.

May God Bless you in your search.
    Thank you MuslimInshallah, your answer is exactly right and much better than anything I was able to find. The French author of this book transliterated everything into French and he did a less-than-stellar job. He was also quite ignorant of his subject matter and it appears he was quite unwilling to learn. I truly appreciate your taking the time to answer!

Thank you, peace and blessings.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Curious1's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Signor View Post
    Yes,Angel Gabriel (AS) lay Muhammad(SAAWS) down and removed his heart, which he then washed of its black blood-clot or the dark spot i.e the nucleus/tendency of sin in a man’s heart. This purification made it possible for Muhammad(SAAWS) to later receive God’s revelation and preach to the people.
    Thank you for the additional clarifications Signor, your response is appreciated and helpful to my understanding.

Thank you, peace and blessings.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Question About A Miracle Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Question About A Miracle