star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

understanding forgiveness ,help me please

Report bad ads?

i am taking only about muslim here .i know forgiveness of allah required 4 conditions
    if a muslim person do all sins such as gambling ,fornication ,not obeying parents, eating riba ,alcohol ,and all other major sins till the age of 40 ,...now if he repents and turn towards allah and he die one day without repeating any sin ,i know allah forgive all his sins ,
    but here ,does allah 100% forgive all his sins .
    case 2:
    if the same person after 4 years of turning towards allah ,repeats the all sins and die without repents again ,how many years of sins allah take in his account 40 years or total 44 years .
    case3
    how this phenomenon of forgiveness differs in ramzan .
    how this differs in laylatul qadr night ,do we not required that 4 conditions to be fullfilled in that night

The Bible, John 10:29, Mathew 12:28I , Luke 11:20By myself I can do nothing as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.", John 5:30
    Leviticus 11:7-8 Deuteronomy 14:8 Isaiah 65:2-5[, John 5:30][, Acts 2:22]
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: understanding forgiveness ,help me please

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
    Brother, i don't have a clue why you are splitting hairs on the issue when it's been made so simple.
    Almost feels like you expect there to be a special calculator machine or software or something to bargain with Allah.

First of all you mentioned a Muslim's repentance - all children of Adam and jinn are equally commanded to submit to God, and all are advised to repent continiously.

O mankind! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;

Quran 2:21

Sahih International
    Be patient over what they say and remember Our servant, David, the possessor of strength; indeed, he was one who repeatedly turned back [to Allah ].
    Muhsin Khan
    Be patient (O Muhammad SAW) of what they say, and remember Our slave Dawud (David), endued with power. Verily, he was ever oft-returning in all matters and in repentance (toward Allah).
    Pickthall
    Bear with what they say, and remember Our bondman David, lord of might, Lo! he was ever turning in repentance (toward Allah).

Quran 38:17

If Allah sees sincere intention to rectify one's deeds and walk aright again - none can stand between His will to forgive.
    It's also not just a question of being forgiven and then that's it, we are graded and rewarded according to intention, ignorance, effort, sincerity, sacrifice and many more factors which Allah knows best.

2. You can't calculate sins in years, one may reach the peak with one deed and reach the depths with one deed.
    You may refer to the story of barseesah the 'abid from bani israil to ponder on the evil ending.

3. I'll leave that to someone who knows more.
    If you've ever played mario bros you'll know that when you get certain bubbles the speed of ring accumulation increases and with certain other bubbles the points get multiplied manifold (what an age we live in )

If you're concerned about a slate totally clear of sins, then know that acceptance of Islam does away with past sins, hijrah feesabeelillah does away with past sins, and continious jihad in the path of Allah does away with past sins.

يَوْمَ يَجْمَعُ اللّهُ الرُّسُلَ فَيَقُولُ مَاذَا أُجِبْتُمْ قَالُواْ لاَ عِلْمَ لَنَا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوبِ
    On the day when God will bring all the Messengers together and ask them, "What was the response you received?" They will reply, "We have no knowledge. You are the only One who has knowledge of the unseen."

Quran 5:109

إِن تُعَذِّبْهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ عِبَادُكَ وَإِن تَغْفِرْ لَهُمْ فَإِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ
    "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."

Quran 5:118
    Last edited by Abz2000; 07-19-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post

2dvls74 1 - understanding forgiveness ,help me please

2vw9341 1 - understanding forgiveness ,help me please

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was wondering the age 40 in your question. Here is something about it:

When someone dies under the age of 40, will he go to Paradise?

http://islamqa.info/en/7480

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

legendaryman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i know the mercy of allah is far grater but i just want to know ,some people repeated sin and repeat again and ask forgiveness again

The Bible, John 10:29, Mathew 12:28I , Luke 11:20By myself I can do nothing as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.", John 5:30
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Repeatedly Committing a Sin and Repenting from it

For how long does Allah forgive a person’s sin? If he repents and seeks forgiveness from his sin, then goes and commits the same sin again, then he seeks forgiveness again then commits the same sin again, and so on – does Allah forgive him or does that mean that he is not sincere towards Allah, especially if he repeats that sin after a short while, but he does not stop seeking forgiveness?

http://islamqa.info/en/45887

Also:

http://islamqa.info/en/9231
    | Likes legendaryman, Abz2000 liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Repeatedly Committing a Sin and Repenting from it

For how long does Allah forgive a person’s sin? If he repents and seeks forgiveness from his sin, then goes and commits the same sin again, then he seeks forgiveness again then commits the same sin again, and so on – does Allah forgive him or does that mean that he is not sincere towards Allah, especially if he repeats that sin after a short while, but he does not stop seeking forgiveness?

http://islamqa.info/en/45887

Also:

http://islamqa.info/en/9231
    i already know that ,allah forgive his slaves ,when some ask but what about if death comes to him ,in the way as i asked above ,...it would be better if any one could any local schoolar on my behalf .

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Who knows? Your soul will be weighed on judgement day. If you are being good only to be a sycophant to Allah and your heart is really full of hate and avarice and you are truly evil, you will be cast into the pit with others of your ilk. Paradise wouldn't be paradise if evil was let in.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    If you are being good only to be a sycophant to Allah
    for that thing ,allah already said in quran "
    Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!
    "

chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I came across this website on the matter. A bit long to cut and paste. Hope it works.

http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/islamicways/id4.html

But it does end with sincere repentance and not repeating it.

The point is, 1) don't ever despair of Allah's mercy (and always be grateful) 2) always seek forgiveness (even if it is a repeat offence). Acknowledge that we are week but we try. And keep trying. In syaa Allah one day we will be successful, rather than despair, negativity and gain no profit for the hereafter.

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! understanding forgiveness ,help me please Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. understanding forgiveness ,help me please