× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 9185

Hearing music during prayer..

muslimah_B's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Asalam alaykum warahmatullahi wabrakatahu

In sha Allah everyones ramadan is going wonderful

Basically downstairs and both next door neighbors and across the road play music throughout most of the day and it is extremely distracting for me especially during prayer (as I'm still finding letting go of music completely very hard)(i dont intentionally listen to it but if i hear it i can become very distracted)

I usually put headphones in to block it out but sometimes it doesnt help at all.

I just wanted to know if i could possibly play quran through my headfones while praying so atleast im hearing/being distracted by quran and not music ?

(I do know what invalidates prayer and that full concentration should be on prayer, but having music from all angles really really does not help me to concentrate at all and puts me off and then i forget what i have said or have done and what is next) *sigh* (it happens every ramadan, as soon as some sun comes out its like a sign for everyone to blaze music the loudest they can !)

Narrated Jubair ibn Mut’im: The Messenger of Allah (S.A.W), said: "He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for `Asabiyah or who dies for `Asabiyah." [Sunan Abu Dawud (Vol. 2, pg. 753) No. 5121]
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hearing music during prayer..

@Aisha

Could you please answer this as its getting really bad now and it lasts all day, its really off putting and making me forget where i am in prayer sometimes
    *sigh*

Narrated Jubair ibn Mut’im: The Messenger of Allah (S.A.W), said: "He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for `Asabiyah or who dies for `Asabiyah." [Sunan Abu Dawud (Vol. 2, pg. 753) No. 5121]
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

From what I know you're not allowed to intentionally listen to anything during salaah, even Quran (excluding congregation). Even if you were to listen to Quran though, you'd still get just as distracted. When I could hear someone else reciting Quran, it throws me off cuz I'm reciting it in salaah lol. Allahu a'lem though, inshallah someone more knowledgable can confirm.

My suggestion is just to build your khushoo' so that your focus on salaah is much stronger regardless of what's around you. You should also find a quieter place to pray in your house..like maybe the closet where there's no windows, or even go somewhere outside away from sounds like at a park behind a tree? lool

I found this in regards to background sounds during salaah: https://islamqa.info/en/193559
    | Likes muslimah_B, noraina liked this post

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

From what I know you're not allowed to intentionally listen to anything during salaah, even Quran (excluding congregation). Even if you were to listen to Quran though, you'd still get just as distracted. When I could hear someone else reciting Quran, it throws me off cuz I'm reciting it in salaah lol. Allahu a'lem though, inshallah someone more knowledgable can confirm.

My suggestion is just to build your khushoo' so that your focus on salaah is much stronger regardless of what's around you. You should also find a quieter place to pray in your house..like maybe the closet where there's no windows, or even go somewhere outside away from sounds like at a park behind a tree? lool

I found this in regards to background sounds during salaah: https://islamqa.info/en/193559
    I can usually drown out sounds, but when like 3-4 people are playing different music same time extremely loud its hard to concentrate on anything at all

There are no closets, i share a room and everywhere else in the house is just not a prayer area at all, praying behind a tree sounds fun lol, the nearest park to me is full of dog people so highly unlikely theres a place that hasnt been popped on LOL
    (Although it could be my excuse to go and make friends with the dogs since i cant have one of my own lol)

Thanks sis, lets hope there is a way im able to pray at home if not i will have to go back to praying in my car, which tbh wasnt nice or great
    | Likes noraina liked this post

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaykum assalam,

Could you try complaining to the council? Our neighbours if they had their way would blast Coldplay from dawn till dusk but my parents anonymously phoned the council, who then sent them a letter warning them about noise levels.

It really does work, our neighbours aren't particularly the law-abiding type of people lol but especially as they're council tenants they have no choice but to listen. I mean they do 'forget' every year but a quick reminder shuts them up pretty fast.

If that fails, then as sis Charisma said try to build up your khushoo in salah inshaAllah. It is something I am working hard on myself, to be able to concentrate to much on the Arabic words, their meanings and the postures that all the dunya and its distractions are shut out. I mean we should always strive for excellence in worship anyway, and this is like an added incentive for you, lol. Read up some of the stories of the Sahaba (ra) and the concentration they had contained ma'sha'Allah, it really is something to aspire to.

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Hearing music during prayer..

chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Hearing music during prayer.. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hearing music during prayer..