star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Youtube

Report bad ads?

Is it halal to watch anything on yotube whether copyrighted or not (except ofcourse, the obvious half naked women)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    moinudin's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Youtube

There are many more restrictions than nude women. The Islamic definition of nudity is stricter than "Western society", so if you truly fear Allah’s punishment (which you should) you'd be very cautious. I'd guess the majority of YouTube videos contain some element of haraam. Other things that come to mind include music and bad language. Then there's the matter of listening to kuffars: while you don't have to abstain, you should be careful of being misguided.
    chat Quote

m4rouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by A'aziz_mohamed View Post
    Is it halal to watch anything on yotube whether copyrighted or not (except ofcourse, the obvious half naked women)
    In Ramadan I unsubscribed from all the junk channels I was subscribed to (about 30 channels - I watch a lot of YouTube) and instead subscribed only to Islamic channels. The only thing I regret is not doing this sooner.

Channels like Mufti Menk, Smile2Jannah, Ali Dawah, MercifulServant, I Love U Allah, WayifLifeSQ, among a few others are really good. These channels don’t really have any haram content - no music, no nudity, etc. They give you Islamic knowledge, inspiration and entertainment.

I deleted all my music too and now only listen to vocal-only Nasheeds and Quran recitations which you’ll find lots of on YouTube.

Just one thing to be careful about - if any women do appear on the screen I think it’s good to still lower your gaze in the same way that you would in the real world.

So yeah, YouTube doesn’t have to be haram. Quite the opposite actually .
    | Likes Avis liked this post
    chat Quote

keiv's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are lots of beneficial videos on youtube other than religious content. Plenty of "how to" videos and educational videos on many different topics. The more junk channels you subscribe to, the more junk videos are going to be suggested to you.
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Youtube Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Youtube