× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 1511

Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]

Simply_Logical's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mithai (Indian Sweets) Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhi

hey peeps, so who else lurved mithai (Indian Sweets)?

I know it's full of sugar and unhealthy so the no sugar lot are going to hate me for this thread lool Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]

anyways I lurve mithai, I like the taste of the Indian ones best and I think they have more variety but I like the size and portions of the Pakistani mithai.

p.s sorry if it's in the wrong section Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]IMG_20201230_110420_compress97.jpgIMG_20201230_110417_compress42.jpgIMG_20201230_110412_compress74.jpgIMG_20201230_110351_compress24.jpgIMG_20201230_110402_compress58.jpg
    | Likes BeTheChange, Imraan liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Islami.Mu'mina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Mithai (Indian Sweets) Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]

I haven't heard of those. They look awfully interesting though, I usually don't explore other cultural food. The pictures want to make me try some exotic sweets now!
    | Likes Simply_Logical, Imraan liked this post
    chat Quote

BeTheChange's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Mithai (Indian Sweets) Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]

Walaikumasalaam

Yes they very nice Alhamdulillah. My favourites are the green ones with pistachios and the creamy plain whites ones. Sorry i don't know the official names lol!
    | Likes Simply_Logical, Imraan liked this post
    Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]

Pain and hardships allow you to grow spiritually Alhamdulilah so smile when a so called calamity befalls upon you.
    Alhamdulilah Allah swt is the greatest.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina View Post
    I haven't heard of those. They look awfully interesting though, I usually don't explore other cultural food. The pictures want to make me try some exotic sweets now!
    you need to try them, theyre awesome especially if youve got a sweet tooth

go to your look asian area and ask for mithai just make sure you get it off muslims though
    | Likes Islami.Mu'mina, Imraan liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange View Post
    Walaikumasalaam

Yes they very nice Alhamdulillah. My favourites are the green ones with pistachios and the creamy plain whites ones. Sorry i don't know the official names lol!
    which pic sis? theres quite a few green ones so youll have to narrow it down! lol

i dont discriminate give me anything sweet and i'll thank Allah swt lol
    | Likes Islami.Mu'mina, Imraan liked this post
    chat Quote

SoldierAmatUllah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sub continent peeps like it very much on Eid& on weddings.
    Last edited by SoldierAmatUllah; 12-31-2020 at 06:03 AM.
    | Likes Imraan, Islami.Mu'mina liked this post
    chat Quote

Imraan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhi

hey peeps, so who else lurved mithai (Indian Sweets)?

I know it's full of sugar and unhealthy so the no sugar lot are going to hate me for this thread lool Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]

anyways I lurve mithai, I like the taste of the Indian ones best and I think they have more variety but I like the size and portions of the Pakistani mithai.

p.s sorry if it's in the wrong section Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]IMG_20201230_110420_compress97.jpgIMG_20201230_110417_compress42.jpgIMG_20201230_110412_compress74.jpgIMG_20201230_110351_compress24.jpgIMG_20201230_110402_compress58.jpg
    Walaikum salaam

The green ones with pistachio are from the 'barfi' range

I like mitai too, I'm always sampling, not too much though due to my age.

I like the coconut covered ones especially. Try the Bangladeshi ones it's a bit more drier, plenty of bengali sweet shops in UK.

I do wonder what ingredients go into these, the Confectioners are out to make a profit, so they may use substitutes and cheaper ingredients like palm oil etc, which may not be the best for our health. Though eating it in moderation is OK I guess.

I am hungry right now! And fasting!

Question to all, What kind of sweet treats are part of your culture/geographic region if not south Asian..?
    Last edited by Imraan; 12-31-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    | Likes Islami.Mu'mina, Simply_Logical liked this post
    chat Quote

Islami.Mu'mina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan View Post
    Walaikum salaam

The green ones with pistachio are from the 'barfi' range

I like mitai too, I'm always sampling, not too much though due to my age.

I like the coconut covered ones especially. Try the Bangladeshi ones it's a bit more drier, plenty of bengali sweet shops in UK.

I do wonder what ingredients go into these, the Confectioners are out to make a profit, so they may use substitutes and cheaper ingredients like palm oil etc, which may not be the best for our health. Though eating it in moderation is OK I guess.

I am hungry right now! And fasting!

Question to all, What kind of sweet treats are part of your culture/geographic region if not south Asian..?
    I can't think of many sweets from Chechnya but there are two things I know about

My brother travelled to Chechnya. He eats very little but when he went there, he ate so much non stop because they make a lot of good fatty, doughy food.

There is this thing called Hingalsh. You make the dough and flatten and fill it with sweet pumpkin filling, and fold it closed. Then you have to keep stacking them into a cake! Added butter makes it good. You could imagine it as buttery pancakes stacked and filled with pumpkin except it is made out of dough

Crepes are commonly used in sweets as well

And there are different cakes. My mom used to be really good with cakes, including tough thinly layered ones that would take the whole day to make. She made many cakes that she remembered from her time living in Russia when she was younger
    | Likes Imraan, Simply_Logical liked this post
    chat Quote

SoldierAmatUllah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Baklawa -Fav them
    | Likes Islami.Mu'mina, Imraan, Simply_Logical liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    MazharShafiq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

continental peeps like it very much on Eid& on weddings or every festival.
    chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504] Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]