× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 1458

how often do you think of death?

Simply_Logical's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

assalamu alaykum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

i know not thinking about death at all is an issue imho but do you think there could be such a thing as overthinking about death?

jazakAllah khayran
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    keiv's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: how often do you think of death?

Wa alaykum asalam,

I think it could be a problem if it gets to a point of paranoia or where you become suicidal.

I think about it more as I continue to age. Feeling the effects of getting older myself, seeing friends and family aging, getting more frail, or even passing away.

I still have a long way to go in terms of bettering myself, but thinking about it has helped me slow down in life and to see things differently than I used to. It also helped me detach myself from things that are of no benefit.

What about you brother? Everything ok?
    Last edited by keiv; 10-31-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    | Likes Simply_Logical liked this post
    chat Quote

FarTaha Theory's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalam!

If someone told me they were overthinking about death, I would suggest them to switch from thinking of "death" to thinking of "the Hereafter". Because DEATH itself it simply a transportation to the Afterlife (May Allah protect us all from His Wrath and any punishments of this life & the Hereafter ameen).

So THEN I would answer - I don't think there's anything wrong with "overthinking" about death (if thinking of death = Day of Judgment/Afterlife, astaghfirallah) because then one will watch every step he does while seeking the forgiveness of Allah by reciting "astaghfirallah" all throughout the days.
    With that being said, STILL a Muslim should think positively and optimistically about all aspects in regards to Allah. So when thinking of the Day of Judgement, understanding initially that that Day is a frightening Day for those who are wrongdoers, we have to be hopeful of Allah's Mercy and think of our blessed, easy steps towards Jannah (may Allah protect us so we are not amongst the wrongdoers, ameen and may Allah make us among the Righteous who run towards Jannah happily and eagerly, ameen)

My thoughts! Love everyone, Salam!

-Faraz from "FarTaha Theory"
    https://linktr.ee/FarTaha_Theory
    | Likes Eric H, Simply_Logical liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I suppose we have an eternal soul so that would mean in both directions of time from the beginning of time to now? Maybe death is just a transition to another form ... nobody knows. Ignorance is bliss.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by keiv View Post
    Wa alaykum asalam,

I think it could be a problem if it gets to a point of paranoia or where you become suicidal.

I think about it more as I continue to age. Feeling the effects of getting older myself, seeing friends and family aging, getting more frail, or even passing away.

I still have a long way to go in terms of bettering myself, but thinking about it has helped me slow down in life and to see things differently than I used to. It also helped me detach myself from things that are of no benefit.

What about you brother? Everything ok?
    Yea if you're pondering over death is fine but wanting death as in being suicidal is obviously not good
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FarTaha Theory View Post
    Assalam!

If someone told me they were overthinking about death, I would suggest them to switch from thinking of "death" to thinking of "the Hereafter". Because DEATH itself it simply a transportation to the Afterlife (May Allah protect us all from His Wrath and any punishments of this life & the Hereafter ameen).

So THEN I would answer - I don't think there's anything wrong with "overthinking" about death (if thinking of death = Day of Judgment/Afterlife, astaghfirallah) because then one will watch every step he does while seeking the forgiveness of Allah by reciting "astaghfirallah" all throughout the days.
    With that being said, STILL a Muslim should think positively and optimistically about all aspects in regards to Allah. So when thinking of the Day of Judgement, understanding initially that that Day is a frightening Day for those who are wrongdoers, we have to be hopeful of Allah's Mercy and think of our blessed, easy steps towards Jannah (may Allah protect us so we are not amongst the wrongdoers, ameen and may Allah make us among the Righteous who run towards Jannah happily and eagerly, ameen)

Aren't we meant to be balanced though in terms of deen obviously I don't mean in terms of raqwa because surely the more the better for taqwa Allah knows best
    chat Quote

Ümit's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FarTaha Theory View Post
    Assalam!

I agree with you. however, for some people this won't take the fear away.
    Think about ones student time...there are always students who have been studying really hard for their test...who have been working day and night to understand everything, but still they are terrified of the test...because the fear of failing the test remains no matter how hard you worked for it.

The same with death and afterlife...we do not know how tough judgement day will be for us. We don't know whether the things we've done in our lives will be anough to take us into Jannah...and that exactly terrifies us.
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! how often do you think of death? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. how often do you think of death?