Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Proof of God

Report bad ads?

Peace be upon you,

an atheist has challenged me saying: "if you can give me really strong and logical arguments or proof of the existence of God, then I will become a believer"

So I was wondering how I could respond to this.
    Please note that l know this person well and I know that he's not just trying to disprove my beliefs. He accepts logic and I might actually be able to get him to enter Islam, if I give a good answer.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ümit's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Proof of God

He doesn't understand it, because he does not know what his purpose is on this Earth.

We are here for a test. To pass this test, we need to find God on our own..we need to see the miracles of life and understand that this all cannot be possible on its own...so the only logical solution is: an intelligent creator.

Asking for proof of God would be like demanding the answers during your exams...also not logical at all.
    I mean, from chaos does not come order.

glass is made from silica, which is basically molten sand. how often did they find a perfectly formed (on its own) marmelade jar out in the desert?
    how many pieces of clay pots and vases did archelogs find which formed on their own and did not belong to a certain ancient civilisation?

Both all the needed material as the right environment were there all along.

Surely marmelade jars, pots and vases are much easier to make than perfectly formed enzymes and DNA strings in some sort of primordial soup?
    it just doesn't make any sense.
    There is no way that some enzymes formed equally, found each other clumped together slowly creating the building blocks for life...
    even if it WERE possible, it still doesn't explain life itself.
    saying that such building blocks were hardly alive, and from them more complicated life started to evolve is still a few briges too far.
    between "zero" and "infinitely small" is still infinite, which means
    the step from "dead material" to "hardly alive material" is still way too big.
    | Likes Euphorium, eesa the kiwi liked this post
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! Proof of God Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Proof of God