star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nonviolent Growth of Islam

Report bad ads?

Does the West really have nothing to fear from Islamic growth?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    moujahid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Nonviolent Growth of Islam

format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul View Post
    No.
    Islam is nothing to fear from. It is a beautiful way of life that helps you solve all the problems. It has been sent down to mankind to make their life and afterlife easy. It is a blessing but most of us are heedless and ungreatful.

And When My servants ask you about Me, I am indeed close: I
    listen to the prayer of every praying person when he calls on
    Me: So let them also, listen to My call, and believe in Me, so
    that they may walk straight.
    Surat AlBaqarah 2:186
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aslam alaikum
    yes it's confusing why they make so much propaganda against us, as if we done antyhign wrong

it's not us who done nagasaki bombing
    salam alaikum
    chat Quote

searchingsoul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by saidaharther View Post
    aslam alaikum
    yes it's confusing why they make so much propaganda against us, as if we done antyhign wrong

it's not us who done nagasaki bombing
    salam alaikum
    It's true that Muslims didn't do the nagasaki bombing. The USA government is responsible for this atrocity. The citizens of the USA weren't consulted before the bombs fell. I DO hear many Muslims suggesting that the USA needs to be invaded, the USA culture is evil, the kaffurs are evil and shouldn't be trusted, the terrorists are heroes, etc....I proposed a valid question.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Please take a moment to view this:

http://media.putfile.com/This-is-Islam-flash-video

Herman 1 - Nonviolent Growth of Islam

chat Quote

searchingsoul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Please take a moment to view this:

http://media.putfile.com/This-is-Islam-flash-video
    It's a nice video.
    Last edited by searchingsoul; 05-20-2006 at 04:08 AM.
    chat Quote

KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

From a political point of view I believe we do. Muslim political theory in many ways run contrary to many Western political principles regarding freedom and equality.

The two are therefor not fully compatible. But perhaps a mix is possible, but I doubt either side is interested in such a compromise.
    chat Quote

HeiGou's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by moujahid View Post
    No.
    Islam is nothing to fear from. It is a beautiful way of life that helps you solve all the problems. It has been sent down to mankind to make their life and afterlife easy. It is a blessing but most of us are heedless and ungreatful.
    Well let me re-phrase the question: Do people who like the Western way of life and wish it to continue have any reason to suspect it may be destroyed if Islam continues to grow?

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connait pas. - Blaise Pascal
    chat Quote

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou View Post
    Well let me re-phrase the question: Do people who like the Western way of life and wish it to continue have any reason to suspect it may be destroyed if Islam continues to grow?
    I see a potential threat to one of the things I value most, religious freedom. There is very little so fundamental to the happiness of an individual. While such freedom is still welcomed in many primarily muslim societies, in others it seems tolerance is much less.

Islam may well be a beautiful way of life, but I happen to follow an alternative way of life I believe to more more beautiful, more intellectually coherent, and simply more to do with Reality as it is. My perception of Islam is that it cannot offer equality for such people within an Islamic society, particularly if they are also outside the Judeo-Christian tradition.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi

nope not really

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    I think simplistic and frankly, childish, analyses of "freedom vs. oppression", "good vs. evil", "justice vs. injustice", "us vs. them" will only delude people and create more conflict. Its not that Muslims don't value freedom - every society places restrictions and what they believe are reasonable limits on an individual's freedoms. Freedom is never absolute.

And terrorism has been unanimously condemned by all Muslim scholars because Islam itself condemns it.

Regards

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.
    chat Quote

Muslim Soldier's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The west has many things to lose.
    1 Power
    2.Way of living.
    Many pleasures of this world are forbidden in Islam.

Don't Click Me (Updated)
    Updated 24/7

I am but a student. Please correct me if I am wrong. May Allah forgive my lapses.

If you want to see the rainbow,
    you have to survive the storm.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl View Post
    Its not that Muslims don't value freedom - every society places restrictions and what they believe are reasonable limits on an individual's freedoms. Freedom is never absolute.
    Freedom can never be absolute in any society, unless you are convinced by Rousseau, anyway. It should, however, apply equally to all within that society regardless of religious belief, the one exception being in matters directly related to religion. For example, a non-muslim living in a muslim state should have equal rights under the judicial system and taxation system, and have equal employment opportunities etc, but there is no associated "right" to enter areas forbidden to non-muslims for religious reasons.
    chat Quote

KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl View Post
    Greetings,
    I think simplistic and frankly, childish, analyses of "freedom vs. oppression", "good vs. evil", "justice vs. injustice", "us vs. them" will only delude people and create more conflict.
    Simplistic? Childish? How so?

Its not that Muslims don't value freedom - every society places restrictions and what they believe are reasonable limits on an individual's freedoms. Freedom is never absolute.
    True. But surely you agree how the Islamic world and how the West conceptualize freedom or equality is different?
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Sioldier
    Many pleasures of this world are forbidden in Islam.
    Yes, like sex, drugs, alcohol, and homosexuality. Sound good to me.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Perhaps, we can also reword this another way. Do Muslim's have anything to fear from the "Nonviolent Growth of Christianity?"

Muslims do have the same type of fears when Christianity expands into Islamic areas

So I think a fair answer would be is that a Christian would have the exact same things to fear as he/she would expect a Muslim to fear from the growth of Christianity.

My own personal believe is that Muslims have much more to fear from Christians then Christians have from Muslims. Christianity does have a long viloent history of using any means possible to spread it's self into new areas.

Going back to the Crusades. Keep in mind the crusades were not just into the Mid-east. You also had the crusades into Eastern Europe and Western Russia. The Baltic countries fought them for many years. Poland and some others succumbed fairly fast. Lithuania fought for centuries.

Then the spread through colonization and enforced Christianity.

What was done in the Americas totaly wiping out native tribes that did not become Christian.

Current unethical prostyizing methods ranging from hate mongering to even producing false Qur'ans to mislead Muslims. Unethical money raising techniques via TV Evangelists. Shunning of non-Christians in the work force and society.

A non-Christian does suffer from prejudice anytime Christianity grows and dominates their country.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Muslims do have the same type of fears when Christianity expands into Islamic areas

So I think a fair answer would be is that a Christian would have the exact same things to fear as he/she would expect a Muslim to fear from the growth of Christianity.

My own personal believe is that Muslims have much more to fear from Christians then Christians have from Muslims. Christianity does have a long viloent history of using any means possible to spread it's self into new areas.

Going back to the Crusades. Keep in mind the crusades were not just into the Mid-east. You also had the crusades into Eastern Europe and Western Russia. The Baltic countries fought them for many years. Poland and some others succumbed fairly fast. Lithuania fought for centuries.
    If you back as far as the crusades, you might as well go back to the muslim conquest of North Africa and Spain. In the 21st century neither faith attempts to spread itself by force - when it may appear that way, there is an underlying political rather than religious region for conflict. There were significant political factors (mostly to do with a land-grab) in both the Crusades and Muslim Conquest, incidentally, as well as most other instances you could think of. In the Americas in particular, the appalling behaviour of the Europeans had far more to do with getting rich than spreading Christianity. Like today, religion was just an excuse. In the context of this discussion, though "violent history" in both cases is irrelevant.

The difference between the two, I think, is that by its very nature Islam combines everyday life with devotional religion in a way that Christianity does not. There is no Christian equivalent of sharia law. Much Western law originates from Christian and Jewish moral teaching, and even some Church law, but it has been essentially secular in form for centuries. The Bible does not set out rules for everyday life, personal relationships or the judicial system in anything like the detail of the Qur'an. It is perfectly possible, and indeed is (almost) the case in most 'Christian' countries for civil law and religious 'law' to remain totally independent. As I understand it, that is not possible in a 'perfect' Islamic society. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Trumble; 05-20-2006 at 06:07 PM.
    chat Quote

mujahedeen2087's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture View Post
    Yes, like sex, drugs, alcohol, and homosexuality. Sound good to me.
    yeah i wish i could do those things

undefined

In the heavens and the earth there are certainly signs for the believers. And in your creation and all the creatures He has scattered about there are signs for people with certainty.
    (Surat al-Jathiyah: 3-4)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Trumble,
    I will agree you bring up some excellent points that do deserve to be addressed. I hope you will bear with me. I'm a bit brain dead today. I would like to just address one area at the moment.

"The difference between the two, I think, is that by its very nature Islam combines everyday life with devotional religion in a way that Christianity does not. There is no Christian equivalent of sharia law. Much Western law originates from Christian and Jewish moral teaching, and even some Church law, but it has been essentially secular in form for centuries. The Bible does not set out rules for everyday life, personal relationships or the judicial system in anything like the detail of the Qur'an. It is perfectly possible, and indeed is (almost) the case in most 'Christian' countries for civil law and religious 'law' to remain totally independent. As I understand it, that is not possible in a 'perfect' Islamic society. Please correct me if I am wrong."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually Christianity does attach religious believs in all areas. In the countries were the religious influence is being reduced you see moral decay.

The Bible does set out rules for everyday living. Any true Christian will tell you that Christianity has to affect every aspect of their life. A person can not be a Christian just in worship only, the Bible is a guide for daily living.

The problem with Sharia law is what is often times portrayed as Sharia Law is not Islamic, it is a cultural aspect of the country. True Sharia law would not apply to non-Muslims. The Muslim would be subject to both laws the Sharia laws and the Laws of the country. While the non-Muslim would only be subject to the country laws.

Now for Christian Equivlencies of Sharia Law. Some countries do have their legalistic teachings based on doctrine and not seperated from the Church. Unfair example:Vatican City, but there are others that the country laws are not seperated from the church. Italy, Spain, Greece, Guatamala and a few others.

Now a "Perfect" Islamic country would by definition have to be 100% Muslim. Like wise a "Perfect" Christian country would have to be 100% Christian. Few countries are 100% anything.

So yes in a "perfect" Muslim country all laws would be in compliance with Islam. At the same time in a "perfect" Christian country all laws would be compliant with Christian doctrine.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Islamicboy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Which muslim says terriost are good people? We say Mujahadeen are good people.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Nonviolent Growth of Islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Nonviolent Growth of Islam