Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Only God saves so says the Bible

Report bad ads?

Isaih 43:11

I am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

so why do christians say its Jesus??
    Last edited by zAk; 08-02-2006 at 05:22 AM.
    Only God saves so says the Bible

Come and Visit our Forumwww.myislamweb.com
    wwwislamicboardcom - Only God saves so says the Bible
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    lavikor201's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Only God saves so says the Bible

Chrsians say Jesus was God. They say that God had three parts.

The Father
    The Son
    The Holy Ghost.

Of course I completly reject this idea as an Orthodox Jew, but it is the foundation of Chrsitian belief.

Therefore when someone says Jesus saves... they mean God saves.

wwwislamicboardcom - Only God saves so says the Bible
    chat Quote

Phil12123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201 View Post
    Christians say Jesus was God. They say that God had three parts.

The Father
    The Son
    The Holy Ghost.

Of course I completly reject this idea as an Orthodox Jew, but it is the foundation of Chrsitian belief.

Not sure I, as a Christian, would say God has three "parts" but rather "Persons". But you have the right idea. Actually, "Persons" causes many to think of three Gods, which is not so. To say God is Savior, the ONLY Savior, is to say The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit IS the only Savior.

And all three are essential to our salvation:

1. The Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world (1 John 4:14).

2. The Son (the "Word") took upon Himself mortal flesh and went and died for our sins (John 1:1,14; Rom. 5:8; 1 Cor. 15:1-3).

3. The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins and shows us our need for a Savior and, upon our placing our faith in Jesus and what He did at Calvary for our sins, regenerates us and gives us LIFE, eternal life.

This may have been answered in your thread of questions answered by a Jew, but since the original question of this thread was from Isaiah and you answered the question, would you please tell me WHO Isaiah was referring to in Isaiah 53:

3. He is despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
    4. Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
    5. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.
    6. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
    7. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He opened not his mouth.
    8. He was taken from prison and from judgment, and who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
    9. And they made His grave with the wicked but with the rich at His death, because He had done no violence, nor was any deceit in His mouth.
    10. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
    11. He shall see the travail of His soul, and be satisfied. by His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, for He shall bear their iniquities.
    12. Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

If you've already answered that, perhaps you can give me a link to your answer, or just copy and paste it. Thanks.

Peace
    chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the athenian creed always made no sense to me what-so-ever!

i mean,
    1st person = God the father
    2nd person = God the son
    3rd person = God the holy Spirit

now that is 1 + 1 + 1 and somehow that equals 1 in the minds of the modern christians, absolutely crazy!

1 + 1 + 1 = 3 not 1

when i used to question vicars and priests before i came to islam they would go around and around and eventually just say that i had to accept it blindly to be saved even though it didnt make sense.

this is why islam is superior and shown to be the true faith of God, it combines faith and reason together and uses logical sources and evidence to back up its ideas.

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
    Daw'ud
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post

i mean,
    2nd person = God the son

now that is 1 + 1 + 1 and somehow that equals 1 in the minds of the modern christians, absolutely crazy!

1 + 1 + 1 = 3 not 1

when i used to question vicars and priests before i came to islam they would go around and around and eventually just say that i had to accept it blindly to be saved even though it didnt make sense.

this is why islam is superior and shown to be the true faith of God, it combines faith and reason together and uses logical sources and evidence to back up its ideas.
    I think you mean the Athanasian Creed, named after Athanasius (c. 296-373 A.D.). Well, you are half right. 1 Person + 1 Person + 1 Person does equal 3 Persons, not 1 Person. But they do equal the ONE God.

What I would like to know from you is, after knowing Jesus died for your sins, are you going to forsake that and risk paying for them yourself throughout all eternity? Payment MUST be made for ALL sin. If HE didn't make that payment, YOU have to. It is as simple as that. How does your "true faith of God" deal with that FACT? Simply overlook sin, or forgive it without any payment? God would not be a just Judge if He did that.

Peace
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Phil12123 View Post
    I think you mean the Athanasian Creed, named after Athanasius (c. 296-373 A.D.). Well, you are half right. 1 Person + 1 Person + 1 Person does equal 3 Persons, not 1 Person. But they do equal the ONE God.

What I would like to know from you is, after knowing Jesus died for your sins, are you going to forsake that and risk paying for them yourself throughout all eternity? Payment MUST be made for ALL sin. If HE didn't make that payment, YOU have to. It is as simple as that. How does your "true faith of God" deal with that FACT? Simply overlook sin, or forgive it without any payment? God would not be a just Judge if He did that.

Peace
    because [Byou[/B] "know" jesus died for you sins, that is true for you
    as a christian. he did die for your sins in your religion. obviously, that is not truth to the majority of the world's population, including me.
    so as for me, i am not forsaking anything whatsoever. how can i forsake something that is a matter of belief only, if i do not share the belief?
    what is says in your holy book is not FACT - it is only fact for those who believe in it. and accept that as their starting premise i've had arguments like this with before - with both christians and muslims.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Only God saves so says the Bible
    chat Quote

PrIM3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    because [Byou[/B] "know" jesus died for you sins, that is true for you
    as a christian. he did die for your sins in your religion. obviously, that is not truth to the majority of the world's population, including me.
    so as for me, i am not forsaking anything whatsoever. how can i forsake something that is a matter of belief only, if i do not share the belief?
    what is says in your holy book is not FACT - it is only fact for those who believe in it. and accept that as their starting premise i've had arguments like this with before - with both christians and muslims.

your forsaking it if its part of history.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you snakelegs;

it is only fact for those who believe in it
    I agree with you although, I would say it is only a fact if it is a fact, otherwise it is fiction. I don’t think I will ever understand the power of beliefs, our beliefs can inspire life and death.

Life is a journey always one day at a time, and as we grow in faith our beliefs seem to become our facts that we forge our destiny on.

I believe there is a great need to build relationships with people who have equally sincere but different beliefs to our own.

In the spirit of striving for peace

Eric
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Originally Posted by Dawud_uk

Originally Posted by Phil12123
    format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    because you "know" jesus died for you sins, that is true for you as a christian. he did die for your sins in your religion. obviously, that is not truth to the majority of the world's population, including me.
    Snakelegs, I was addressing my comments and questions to Dawud_uk who, I guess was once a Christian, at least nominally, and then became a Muslim, not to you, an agnostic. I realize you never forsook anything, not having ever believed it.

You are correct, though, that Jesus did NOT die for YOUR sins, in effect, if you reject that death for your sins. Your sins then remain unpaid for and you will have to pay for them yourself.

Peace
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Snakelegs, I was addressing my comments and questions to Dawud_uk who, I guess was once a Christian, at least nominally, and then became a Muslim, not to you, an agnostic. I realize you never forsook anything, not having ever believed it.

You are correct, though, that Jesus did NOT die for YOUR sins, in effect, if you reject that death for your sins. Your sins then remain unpaid for and you will have to pay for them yourself.

Peace
    oh.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Only God saves so says the Bible
    chat Quote

searchingsoul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post

i mean,
    2nd person = God the son

1 + 1 + 1 = 3 not 1

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
    Daw'ud
    Here's an analogy:

I am a
    1. mother
    2. wife
    3. daughter
    1+1+1=3

Am I three people? No. I'm still just one person.

Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends.
    chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201 View Post
    Chrsians say Jesus was God. They say that God had three parts.

The Father
    The Son
    The Holy Ghost.

WHATS THE JEWS BELIEF ABOUT GOD........
    chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Re: Only God saves so says the Bible

format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul View Post
    Here's an analogy:

I am a
    1. mother
    2. wife
    3. daughter
    1+1+1=3

Am I three people? No. I'm still just one person.
    BUT U CANT BECOME MOTHER AND WIFE AND DAUGHTER..... TO THE SAME PERSON...... poor example

And u say that holy spirit, son, God.... all are the one ???????
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil View Post
    BUT U CANT BECOME MOTHER AND WIFE AND DAUGHTER..... TO THE SAME PERSON...... poor example

And u say that holy spirit, son, God.... all are the one ???????
    Is God capable of anything? Or does he have limitations?

Christianity teaches that God is capable of anything.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is God capable of anything? Or does he have limitations?

Christianity teaches that God is capable of anything.
    The same God(swt) who is capable of revealing the Qur'an to Muhammad, so that it would be seen by all nations. The same God(swt) who is cabable of forgiving sins with just a thought.

Herman 1 - Only God saves so says the Bible

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    The same God(swt) who is capable of revealing the Qur'an to Muhammad, so that it would be seen by all nations. The same God(swt) who is cabable of forgiving sins with just a thought.
    This is my point. If muslims can believe in the awesome event of the Quran being revealed, they can surely understand why Christians would believe in something as complex as the trinity.

chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is my point. If muslims can believe in the awesome event of the Quran being revealed, they can surely understand why Christians would believe in something as complex as the trinity.
    On a personal note I can understand why a Christian would believe so. I believed so for many years myself. It was only after I sought evidence as to why we were taught about the Trinity, when I could find no reference prior to the Nicene Counsel. Then it struck me as even odder that since the Nicene Council was composed of the Catholic Church, why do so many who consider themselves Christian deny other teachings of the Catholic Church. Seems like it is a belief brought about through selective "evidence".

I don't think many would not believe in God's(swt) ability to create a trinity. I just do not think we have seen any evidence that he has done so.

Herman 1 - Only God saves so says the Bible

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    On a personal note I can understand why a Christian would believe so. I believed so for many years myself. It was only after I sought evidence as to why we were taught about the Trinity, when I could find no reference prior to the Nicene Counsel. Then it struck me as even odder that since the Nicene Council was composed of the Catholic Church, why do so many who consider themselves Christian deny other teachings of the Catholic Church. Seems like it is a belief brought about through selective "evidence".

I don't think many would not believe in God's(swt) ability to create a trinity. I just do not think we have seen any evidence that he has done so.
    That's fair enough. There are some good refutations about the trinity. But to me it comes down to faith, like any other religious belief.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace
    look you see all mankind as sinful, i simply do not.

every person is capable of repentence to God, to seek their salvation and knowing God is most merciful,

you are denying God's mercy when you say we must go through another person to get mercy.

peace,
    Daw'ud
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace
    actually i was never a christian, was never christened and only ever turned up at church when forced into it for family christenings, weddings and funerals.

i have had this discussion with christian missionaries, vicars and priests and none of them could make me believe 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 or that we are all born sinful.

peace,

Daw'ud
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Only God saves so says the Bible Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Only God saves so says the Bible