× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 33 visibility 2949

Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks

guyabano's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Washington DC, Aug. 03, 2006 (CNA) - Recent reports indicate that Hezbollah is using Christian villages to shield its attacks against Israel.

According to Christian Solidarity International, Hezbollah is hiding among civilian populations, mostly in southern Lebanese towns, such as Ain Ebel, Rmeish, Alma Alshaab.

Launching attacks behind human shields is in violation of the Geneva Convention's provision for the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts, which prohibits the use of civilians as military shields.

This is not a new strategy for Hezbollah. Col. Charbel Barka, a former South Lebanese Army commander, says Hezbollah is repeating what it did in attacks against Israel in 1996.

A Christian from the village of Ain Ebel, who requested to remain nameless for fear of a reprisal from Hezbollah, reported that he found Hezbollah fighters setting up a launcher on his rooftop. Hezbollah fighters ignored his pleas to stop and fired the missiles. He immediately gathered his family and fled his home, which was bombed 15 minutes later by an Israeli air strike.

Hezbollah has also attempted to stop Christians from fleeing their villages. According to Christian Solidarity International, on July 28, Hezbollah fighters fired upon several Christians fleeing Rmeish with their families, wounding two.

Sami El-Khoury, president of the World Maronite Union, adds that media reports about Christian support for Hezbollah are inaccurate.

"Contrary to Western press reports, indicating high percentages of Christian support for Hezbollah, 90 percent of Christians, 80 percent of Sunni and 40 percent of Shiites in Lebanon oppose Hezbollah," El-Khoury told Christian Solidarity International.

Christian Solidarity International has called for the United Nations to establish a politically independent commission to investigate Hezbollah's contravention of international law. The group has also urged the UN Security Council to deploy immediately an international force in Lebanon to facilitate a ceasefire, to stop the flow of arms from Syria to Hezbollah, and to assist the Lebanese government in fulfilling its obligation to disarm Hezbollah.

Hezbollah has been the ruling power in the south since Israel withdrew from Lebanon six years ago. Christian villages suffer from extensive neglect of infrastructure under Hezbollah rule. Once the majority, the Christian population in Lebanon has declined to under 40 percent due to pressures by Islamic militias supported by Iran and Syria.

Source
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks

Any Lebanese to say about it...?

Actually I was quite angry to know that Christian towns like Jbeil, Jounie and Achrafiye attacked by Israelis.

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wink Re: Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks

Actually I was quite angry to know that Christian towns like Jbeil, Jounie and Achrafiye attacked by Israelis.
    They let Hezbollah roost in their cabin! Bad mistake, should've at least let the Syrian army take care of them.

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir View Post
    They let Hezbollah roost in their cabin! Bad mistake, should've at least let the Syrian army take care of them.
    Syrian army? That the last thing which the Christians, Sunnis and Druzes want.

MAy Allah bless Rafic Hariri ...Allah yarhamu!!!

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    Syrian army? That the last thing which the Christians, Sunnis and Druzes want.

MAy Allah bless Rafic Hariri ...Allah yarhamu!!!
    The Syrian army was a blessing to Lebanon - look at them now.

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dont know.......

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    Dont know.......
    Turn on the news; look at post-Syria Lebanon. Now you see.

chat Quote

Silver's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Excuse me?I'd rather die than see a syrian soldier in Lebanon.We can't stand them here after all they've done to us.We were living a nightmare when they were here.We had to follow their orders in everything,they treated us like slaves.It was awful.It's a blessing that they're gone...!!!!!!!

And by the way,yes it is true that Hezbollah are hiding in christian villages.A lot of villagers have begged them on local TV stations not to do it,but it's unfortunately happening.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Excuse me?I'd rather die than see a syrian soldier in Lebanon.We can't stand them here after all they've done to us.We were living a nightmare when they were here.We had to follow their orders in everything,they treated us like slaves.It was awful.It's a blessing that they're gone...!!!!!!!

And by the way,yes it is true that Hezbollah are hiding in christian villages.A lot of villagers have begged them on local TV stations not to do it,but it's unfortunately happening.
    Oh, please, make sentofjannah see this post !
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano View Post
    Oh, please, make sentofjannah see this post !
    Why's that?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Because she will post us loooong copy/paste texts which will proove that all this is a conspiracy and nothing is true about this and we just got again brainwashed ! hmmm, curious, seems to be the top word in this Forum !
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh so big wow

so what if they are in non muslim villages. wait a minute.. is israel only targetting MUSLIM places?

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

scentsofjannah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano View Post
    Because she will post us loooong copy/paste texts which will proove that all this is a conspiracy and nothing is true about this and we just got again brainwashed ! hmmm, curious, seems to be the top word in this Forum !
    look 'catholic' guyabano..YOU were the one JUSTIFING what happened in Qana by posting videos of ' hezbollah firing from there'

then i posted this article from Haaretz to you and you dismissed it more than 4 times as a 'ridiculous link' http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/745185.html

It now appears that the military had no information on rockets launched from the site of the building, or the presence of Hezbollah men at the time.

The Israel Defense Forces had said after the deadly air-strike that many rockets had been launched from Qana. However, it changed its version on Monday.

The site was included in an IAF plan to strike at several buildings in proximity to a previous launching site. Similar strikes were carried out in the past. However, there were no rocket launches from Qana on the day of the strike.

you SHOULD admit you're wrong regarding Qana...and i dont see that happening any time soon...till then munch on your nachos.

Apparently Israel doesnt care about Hezbollah launchers..if it did it would destroy them check this link from CNN

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../06/rs.01.html

THOMAS RICKS, REPORTER, "THE WASHINGTON POST": I think it will be. But I think civilian casualties are also part of the battlefield play for both sides here. One of the things that is going on, according to some U.S. military analysts, is that Israel purposely has left pockets of Hezbollah rockets in Lebanon, because as long as they're being rocketed, they can continue to have a sort of moral equivalency in their operations in Lebanon.

All of them worship out of fear of fire
    and consider deliverance abundant good fortune
    or so they may dwell in the gardens , and reach to the meadows of paradise and there drink from its rivers
    of gardens or fire i have no opinion
    I seek no exchange for my Dearest Love

Rabia Al Adawiya
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is it true?.... that's wicked!!!! Why it's not reported in Al Jazeera?

For innocent civilians of Lebanon - Allah Ma3akon!!!

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

North Malaysian “Is it true? (I don’t see any reason to doubt what Lara said, do you?) that's wicked!!!!
    Why it's not reported in Al Jazeera? (A very good question, perhaps Scents of Jannah will provide the answer)

Thanks
    Nimrod
    chat Quote

Looking4Peace's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lara please stay safe thats all I will say to you instead of engaging in useless arguement on such a serious issue.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
    North Malaysian “Is it true? (I don’t see any reason to doubt what Lara said, do you?) that's wicked!!!!
    Why it's not reported in Al Jazeera? (A very good question, perhaps Scents of Jannah will provide the answer)

Thanks
    Nimrod
    I cant watch local lebanese tv stations in Malaysia....only Al Jazeera and ART available.....:'(

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace View Post
    Lara please stay safe thats all I will say to you instead of engaging in useless arguement on such a serious issue.
    It is a serious issue but I'm only saying what i know,I am not lying...christians form southern Lebanon really are starting to complain...I don't wanna argue about who's right or who's wrong.I'm just saying that according to those christians who live in the south that's what's happening.Where did I go wrong?
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace View Post
    thank you for some sanity.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is a serious issue but I'm only saying what i know,I am not lying...christians form southern Lebanon really are starting to complain...I don't wanna argue about who's right or who's wrong.I'm just saying that according to those christians who live in the south that's what's happening.Where did I go wrong?
    Ok...that's about Christians in South Lebanon...

How about Christians in Achrafiye, Jubayl, Jounie? Hezballah hiding there too?

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks