× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 44 visibility 5561

To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them

Dhulqarnaeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Lets share the stories of ulama. Maybe one of you ever sit in their majlis and something funny happen, or something that show their karomah, or whatever happen when youre with them. Or maybe to whom never meet them, maybe you hear the stories from your teacher or someone. Ok...insha Allah, we can take ibrah from their glorious level. May Allah collected us in yaumul Qiyamah in Rasulullahs group and collected with all ulama, amin.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny? Woe unto the repudiators on that day!

Wanna know more sunnah: Go to http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...do-u-know.html. No muslims can life without sunnah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them

I ever heard this story from my ustadh, his name is ustadh Badrusalam -hafidhahullah-. And he graduated from Madinah university in ilmun hadith. He said: "one day syaikh Al Uthaymeen rahimahullah giving lectures in his majlis. And he explained about Ramadhan (or some ruling of one matter). And while he was talking, theres an old baduwy man who enter the masjid. He walked straight to the sheikh and walked on the peoples shoulders. Its so unpolite in majlis, and its not the adab in majlis. So the sheikh told him "yaa sheikh, sit down", but this man just kept walking to the sheikh. The sheikh warned him almost three times. And the people just wondering what this sheikh wanted to do. And some of the students prepared to protect the sheikh if this man wanted do something bad. And then when he stood up in front of the sheikh, this old man said "yaa sheikh, what is the hukm in using the sexual medicine that can make us stronger", suddenly the people were laughing and the sheikh smiled so wide . And the sheikh answered "jaeez". And then this baduwi old man went straight out of the masjid".

Is Arabian Baduwi always like that Im wondering?
    Last edited by Dhulqarnaeen; 09-29-2006 at 03:59 AM.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny? Woe unto the repudiators on that day!

Wanna know more sunnah: Go to http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...do-u-know.html. No muslims can life without sunnah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I heard it from someone who ever study in Dammaj Yemen with sheikh Muqbil rahimahullah.
    "While the sheikh gave khutbah eid al adha, he read some Quranic verses. And then suddenly from the audience heard one screaming voices. In fact the Quranic recitation of the sheikh had made one of the audience who had jinn in him felt disturbed and hurted"

My comment: This is the karomah of one of waliullah I think. If the taqwa man doing ruqyah to someone who got opposed by jinn, then they can do it easier than usual muslim. And Al Muhaddith Al Allamah Asy Syaikh Muqbil bin Hadi is a well known (masyhur) scholar from Yemen. Even syaikh Uthaymeen said He is the Mujadid in Yemen. And with the quality he had in him, he can make the jinn scared only by hearing him reading the verse of Quran...and in khutbah eid too...wow. Even I ever came with one of my friend who was going to do ruqyah to someone, and then he read Quran but the jinn wouldnt showed up....lol. Its depend to the quality of someone one.
    Just like I ever read in Imam Ahmad Al Hambali's story. Oneday theres someone who came to Imam Ahmad telling him that someone got opposed by jinn. And then Imam Ahmad just sent his sandal to cure him Masha Allah, just because of IMam Ahmads sandal jinn already so scared. Rahimahullah. And when Imam Ahmad dead, the jinn back to the mans body.

I read the biography of syaikh Albani rahimahullah. Just after he dead, theres some a lot of strangers to syaikh Albanis house. The wife of the sheikh confuces and wondered "who is these people?". And when they were asked, they answered "the syaikh always give them some money to afford their life everyday".

My comment: Look at this Al muhaddith Al Mujtahid Al Imam Asy Syaikh Al Albani rahimahullah, even his own wife who sleep with him everyday, sharing happines and sadness in lifes, but she didnt know what the sheikh did for these masakeen. Wallahi, the man who have the right intention in doing his amal, will make the left hand really dont know what the right hand doing. Just like Ash Shiddiqul akbar Abu Bakr Ash Shiddiq and Al Farooq Umar bin Khattab radhiallahu anhuma, they walked in the middle of the night just to do their amal. Abu Bakr made bread for an old blind woman, and so did Umar. They do this all in order to amal without someone know. Where is our position compared with them?

SO POST UP YOUR STORIES GUYS...insha Allah manfaat.
    Last edited by Dhulqarnaeen; 09-29-2006 at 04:22 AM.

chat Quote

i_m_tipu's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen View Post
    I ever heard this story from my ustadh, his name is ustadh Badrusalam -hafidhahullah-. And he graduated from Madinah university in ilmun hadith. He said: "one day syaikh Al Uthaymeen rahimahullah giving lectures in his majlis. And he explained about Ramadhan (or some ruling of one matter). And while he was talking, theres an old baduwy man who enter the masjid. He walked straight to the sheikh and walked on the peoples shoulders. Its so unpolite in majlis, and its not the adab in majlis. So the sheikh told him "yaa sheikh, sit down", but this man just kept walking to the sheikh. The sheikh warned him almost three times. And the people just wondering what this sheikh wanted to do. And some of the students prepared to protect the sheikh if this man wanted do something bad. And then when he stood up in front of the sheikh, this old man said "yaa sheikh, what is the hukm in using the sexual medicine that can make us stronger", suddenly the people were laughing and the sheikh smiled so wide . And the sheikh answered "jaeez". And then this baduwi old man went straight out of the masjid".

Is Arabian Baduwi always like that Im wondering?

haahaaa........

Baduwi who r they

Here i am, God! wwwislamicboardcom - To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them i'm at your service
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by i_m_tipu View Post
    haahaaa........

Baduwi who r they

Its the villagers, who life in the desert and life moving from one place to another place. But i heard baduwi these days is more modern Allahu A'lam

chat Quote

i_m_tipu's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Its the villagers, who life in the desert and life moving from one place to another place. But i heard baduwi these days is more modern Allahu A'lam
    jajakAllah for sharing

Here i am, God! wwwislamicboardcom - To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them i'm at your service
    chat Quote

Abu Zakariya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Here are great stories about the 'ulema:

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...baaz/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...aree/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...anee/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...meen/index.htm

Here's an example:

“One of his (Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen's) students informed me that he slept very little at night during the times of major crises within the Ummah, especially during the days of the Gulf War and the tragedy of our brothers (and sisters) in Bosnia and Chechnya; Whereby he would stand the night (in prayer) beseeching His Lord for their victory (against their enemies) and firmness (upon Islaam) and to repel the plans of the enemies of the religion against them; He also prayed for the Muslims (in general) and encouraged them to stand by (support) them (in their hardship against their enemies).”
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya View Post
    Here are great stories about the 'ulema:

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...baaz/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...aree/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...anee/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...meen/index.htm

Here's an example:

“One of his (Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen's) students informed me that he slept very little at night during the times of major crises within the Ummah, especially during the days of the Gulf War and the tragedy of our brothers (and sisters) in Bosnia and Chechnya; Whereby he would stand the night (in prayer) beseeching His Lord for their victory (against their enemies) and firmness (upon Islaam) and to repel the plans of the enemies of the religion against them; He also prayed for the Muslims (in general) and encouraged them to stand by (support) them (in their hardship against their enemies).”

Mmm...nice info alhamdulillah. But maybe it would be nicer if we hear from the direct sources that exprience their moment with ulama, mmmm...more thoucy I think. And not all the experience copied into the website right? But jazakallah khair for the info akhil kareem.
    Mmmm I remember I ever read these websites and it made me cried...such a encouragable stories masha Allah. Especially about those dreams the students had about the sheikh in heaven and upon the right path...subhanallah. May Allah collect us in Yaumul qiyamah with them behind Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam, amin.
    Last edited by Dhulqarnaeen; 09-29-2006 at 09:42 AM.

chat Quote

al Amaanah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ♥ MakkahwalMadinah ♥
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allahoema ameen!
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lovely stories, please do share some more

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them

Abu Jafar al-Hanbali told me about the time when he brought a chipped cup into his parent's house. They were like 'ASTAGFIRULLAH! A CIPPED CUP! WHY DID YOU BRING THIS EVIL INTO OUR HOUSE!'
    He also told us about the time at customs when he came into the UK from America. Behind him in the queue there was this guy wearing a big brown cloak with huge hood, with a huge metal chain round his neck, and was carrying a log. And guess who the airport security dragged into the back room for questioning? Abu Jafar!

wwwislamicboardcom - To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

Abu Jafar al-Hanbali told me about the time when he brought a chipped cup into his parent's house. They were like 'ASTAGFIRULLAH! A CIPPED CUP! WHY DID YOU BRING THIS EVIL INTO OUR HOUSE!'
    He also told us about the time at customs when he came into the UK from America. Behind him in the queue there was this guy wearing a big brown cloak with huge hood, with a huge metal chain round his neck, and was carrying a log. And guess who the airport security dragged into the back room for questioning? Abu Jafar!

. Who is Abu Jafar? Afwan. And why Abu JAfar was the one who the security arrested? . Youre with him when this story happen or you heard it from someone else?

chat Quote

Sal3ma 7's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wonderful stories..keep them comin'..
    chat Quote

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can't really recall many incidents that happened in Yemen whilst I was there.....

And Akhi Dhul that incident with the man screaming out whilst in Eid prayer was with Sheikh Yahya and not with Sheikh Muqbil

But there was one time, when Sheikh Muqbil had some guests over at his house, and then someone came up to the room and knocked on the door and told the Sheikh that there was a person outside who was possessed with Jinn, and so the Sheikh said " Allow him to enter " When the person entered, The Sheikh only began speaking and this man began having fits....the Jinn was apparently very afraid and promised not to bother his victim anymore......The Jinn left

Sheikh Muqbil was such a wonderful scholar Subhanallah!! :'( :'( He was soooooo kind and used to joke around with his students duringst class and everything....his classes used to be made up of more than a thousand students in one sitting Subhanallah.

I remember one time when I and my family had first moved to Dammaj, Yemen, My father took my little brother (at that time he was 6 ) to the Masjid to attend the Sheikhs classes......and apparently at that time the Sheikh was in the mood to have a laugh So he called my little brother up onto the platform where the Microphone was and he asked him " Ya Bunay (O my son ) Do you speak Arabic? " And so my Brother said " Yes Ya Sheikh " ( but actually he coudlnt' speak it very well ) And so Sheikh Muqbil said " Khayr Insha'allah, let me ask you a question, Where is your Anf (nose) ? "
    My Brother was very confused because he had no idea what "Anf" was at that time and so he just took a random guess and pointed to his back , Needless to say the whole congregation began laughing, and the Sheikh said " Khalaas Khalaas, Give the Bunay a little time and he will soon speak Arabic perfectly "

And there was another time, When I had made some chocolate cake and I walked over to the Sheikh Muqbils house and gave it to his wife Umm Abdurrahmaan, and she was extreeeeeeemely impressed and she fell over me kissing me and all of that masha'allah.....and apparently she gave some to Sheikh Muqbil and told the Sheikh about it
    So when it was time for the mens class after 'Asr , The sheikh went to his chair and called out on the Microphone " Yaa ________ (my dad) I am happy with your family today so I will give you a special question to answer!! " And my dad said that He felt like he just wanted to sink into the ground because it was on that day that he hadn't revised his lesson lol.....And so he had to tell the Sheikh that he hadn't done his lesson lol....

They are all very simple stories but I treasure them so much in my memory Subhanallah......May Allah Grant the Sheikh Jannatul Firdaus Ameen..... :'(

When I think of some more I will put them up here Insha'allah
    Last edited by Mawaddah; 10-04-2006 at 02:03 PM.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Nawal89's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well mines arent stories..more like memories from when i was younger..

I remember when we used to have classes in sheikh muqbils house rahimahullah I always used to be jealous of his grand daughter, because she was always eating when she wasnt supposed to, and i used to be hungry in class. And how did she get that food, she mooched it off her grandfather of course. He was always passing around carrots and cucumbers to the younger children. lolz he really loved his grand children mashaAllah.

Another time after calss we were all sitting out in the porch, and he had to pass thru..so he said tareeeeeeq tareeeeq..make way make way..and well..the elder girls made way put down their niqabs whatever but the younger ones (Like me) just sat there..and he passed us adn didnt even look our way mashaAllah..thats the first tiem i saw sheikh muqbil rahimahullah..I remember he said "how long are you girls going to crowd my porch? " In a nice way. Made everyone feel soo good.

He really was a wonderful man mashaAllah. May Allah have mercy and bless him ameen.
    Last edited by Nawal89; 10-04-2006 at 02:37 PM.
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aaah these stories are so sweet! 1000 students mashaAllah

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them

. Who is Abu Jafar? Afwan. And why Abu JAfar was the one who the security arrested? . Youre with him when this story happen or you heard it from someone else?

Abu Jafar is my teacher at the Masjid. He's a scholar, is trained in comparative religion and can speak Arabic, Hebrew, and many other languages. He's really nice, and really knowledgeable, but is extremely hard to contact, especially when I need to talk to him most...

wwwislamicboardcom - To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them
    chat Quote

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by amani View Post

aaah these stories are so sweet! 1000 students mashaAllah
    Over 1000 sis!! and now it's triple that amount!! Subhanallah

But it's with Sheikh Yahya now of course, May Allah have mercy upon Sheikh Muqbil Ameen.....

Sheikh Muqbil was a very small man Subhanallah, and he had brown skin and a small beard which used to have stains of Henna in it, but for some reason the Henna was never fully distributed around and there would be patches of white all over
    I remember I was at his house one day when he woke up from sleep and he walked out into his porch calling " Ya Maimoonah!!! " (his granddaughter) and his Granddaughter came running saying " Haa Ya Jedd!! " (yes Grandfather!! ) and when she saw me there in the porch she got all protective and said " Go!! Dont look at him!! "

The Sheikh had a Pomegranate Tree in his Porch, and everytime there was fruit, he would pick some for the Children and give it out to them

When I used to go there for lessons, it would still be early morning, and the Sheikh's wives would be preparing breakfast in the kitchen, and then one of them would go and call him, and then he would come out to walk across to the kitchen (it was separated from the house in common badawi style ) and have breakfast there with all three of his wives together and the children used to peep around the door at him and then his second wife (umm Shu3aib, Safiyyah) would say " Leave the Shaykh to eat in peace!! " and then the Shaikh would say " Haah Haah Ya Safiyyah.....Addi lahum Khubz " ( Now Now Safiyyah.....give them some bread ) I was always too shy to go and peep though

There's another funny story about a U.S. ambassador

So after 9/11 this man came up to inspect the place......because of course they said that Dammaj was a military camp and a place of training for Jihaadis which was a lie of course . So the Imaam of Dammaj, Sheikh Ahmad al-Wusaabi invited this man over to his house for lunch.
    When lunch arrived, it was served in the typical Yemeni style, Trays of Rice with a Whole Chicken on top. So there was one tray for 3 people with the chicken on top. And this American Guy is so rude, He just reaches right over the tray and Picks up the WHOLE chicken and starts eating it for himself........Everyone else was like
    Because now they got no chicken!!
    Talk about rude guests ey?

When I remember more I'll post up More Insha'allah
    chat Quote

Nawal89's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I remember once i went to the shop for my mom, And i bumped right into sheikh yahya hafidhahullah. He was buying...aaah lemme see..eggs and tomatoes. I remmeber thinking "He's so pink!" lololol. He's really fair skinned and short too .
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    umm-sulaim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ooooh wow masha Allah what wonderful thread...

yeah mine are like memories too...

First sheikh i saw was sh.'Ali 'halabee he came to London one time ages ago like 96/97 i went with my mum to his lecture... i was sitting infront of him (there was no screen infront of the shiekh, but there was one between the brothers and sisters) i remember thinking wow can't wait to understand what his sayin all i remember from his lecture was 'kadhaa wa kadhaa', like this and like that....cos he repeated it a lot...

When we were going to Yemen we knew that sh.Abdul Azeez al bura'ee was going to be on the same plane as us...of course we weren't covering our faces lol...so my freind was like ya Allah the sheikh is going to be on the same plane as us...when he stood to pass us on the plane i didn't look away...i was like yaay i saw a sheikh, then we got directions to masjid khayr to prepare our trip to Dammaaj and he was soo kind masha Allah he gave us good advice...none of us knew arabic except my mum then we were like mum what he say!!??
    I saw him again in Dammaaj last year in the Ahmed Wasaabi's the imaams house , we were getting drinking water when we saw him...i was sooo happy!!

wassalaam

[

ليس من مات استراحا بميت * انما الميت ميتة اﻻحياء

انما الميت من يعيش كئيبا * كاسفا باله قليل الرجاء
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them