Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation If Jesus was GOD

Report bad ads?

hello here

If Jesus was GOD

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him. Jesus didn't say "Your God". He said "our God" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 Jesus said I ascend to my God and your God? This tells us that we and Jesus have a common GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 19:16 Jesus said "Why call me good, there is none good but One, that is GOD"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus begged his GOD to have mercy on him and to pass the cup to death (kill Jesus in another words) before Jesus goes through the pain of
    crucifixion? Also see: Jesus's crucifixion in Islam

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 18:38 he didn't reply when he was asked about the truth?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 24:36 Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows?
    If Jesus was GOD, then why in Isiah 11:2-3 GOD had put the spirit of fearing GOD in Jesus?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:31 Jesus told his followers that if he (Jesus) bears witness of himself, then his record is not true?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:30 Jesus told his followers that he can't do a single thing of his own initiative?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:36-38 Jesus said that GOD had assigned him (Jesus) work and GOD is a witness on Jesus?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:32 Jesus told his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice?

If Jesus was GOD, then why did he pray to his GOD in Luke 5:16?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus fell on his face and prayed to his GOD?

The "God" Title:
    How come Christians take the "God" (theos in Greek) title literally with Jesus in Isiah 9:6 and they don't take it literally for the rest of the prophets and people who were called Gods ?
    The Prophets who were called "God" in the Bible are as follows:
    Prophet Moses in Exodus 7:1
    The Devil in Corinthians 4:4 (the word for God in this verse is theos in Greek, the same used for Jesus that was translated as "God")
    Multiple Prophets in Psalms 82:6
    King David in Psalm 45:3
    Note: The only unique title given to GOD in the Bible that was not given to others at all are Jehova, GOD, and GOD LORD. "God", "Most Mighty" and "Almighty One" are titles that were given to Jesus, other Prophets and to Satan himself in the Bible.

Very important note: Did you know that in the languages of Arabic and Hebrew the father of the house can be called the God of the house? Jesus was the God (father or leader) of his people and their father according to Isiah 9:6. Jesus being the leader and the king, it is normal for him to be called the father of his people (Father in Isiah 9:6), and because he is their father he automatically becomes their God. My father is my God in Arabic and Hebrew.

The "Son" Title:
    How come Christians take the "God's Son" title literally with Jesus and they don't take it literally for the rest of the prophets and people who were called the Sons of God?
    In John 3:16 Jesus was called God's only Begotten Son.
    In Exodus 4:22 "Thus saith Jehova, Isreal is my son, even my firstborn." Isreal was called God's First Son.
    In Jeremiah 31:9 "I am a father to Isreal, and Ephraim is my firstborn." Ephraim is God's First Son and First Born.In Psalm 2:7 "... Jehova had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." David was called God's Begotten Son.

Were Jesus's Miracle's Unique?
    If Jesus is believed to be GOD because he could do miracles, he could heal leprosy, he could cause blind men to see, or raise the dead, then what about the others who performed the same miracles?

Elisha and Elijah fed a hundred people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn (2 Kings 4:44).

[Elisha told Naaman, who was a leper, to wash in the river Jordan (2 Kings 5:14) and he was healed. Elisha caused a blind man to see in (2 Kings 6:17,20).

Elijah and Elisha raised the dead in (1 Kings 17:22, and 2 Kings 4:34). Even Elisha's dead bones restored a dead body in (2 Kings 13:21).
    Indeed Jesus had prophesied that people will worship him uselessly and will believe in doctrines not made by GOD but by men "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:9)"

In Matthew 15:9 above, we see Jesus warning that Trinity (the bogus lie) will dominate, and people will take Jesus as GOD and worship him, which is a total sin according to what Jesus said !!
    Allah Almighty (GOD) in the Noble Quran (The Muslims' Holy Scripture) states in Verse 5:72 "They do blaspheme who say: 'God is Christ the son of Mary.' But said Christ: 'O Children of Isreal ! worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' "

Also in Noble Verse 5:73 "They do blaspheme who say God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them."
    And also in Noble Verse 4:171 "O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, ..."

The Point that I am trying to prove:

Muslims believe that Prophet Jesus peace be upon him is a messenger from God. He was sent from God Almighty to deliver God's words to his people. Jesus was never God, nor ever claimed to be God. Jesus was a humble wonderful human being just like the rest of the Prophets and Messengers of God. Muslims also believe that Jesus was never crucified, nor ever died on the cross, nor ever wanted to die on the cross, nor ever was sent to earth to die on the cross .

<wasalam alaykum>
    If Jesus was GOD

wwwislamicboardcom - If Jesus was GOD
    good deeds brings light to the heart and a glow to the face.
    free islamic books 4 download here
    l'Islam

Grundlagen des Islam

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    therebbe's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: If Jesus was GOD

"Hear O' Israel, the L-rd is our G-d, the L-rd is one!

Shema Yisrael Hashem Eloyhenu, Hashem Echad!

The most important prayer of the Jewish people. It is followed by chanting of three paragraphs of the most important commandements we are given. Shema Yisrael comprises of Deuteronomy 6:4-9, 11:13-21, and Numbers 15:37-41.

Mezuzahklaf 2 - If Jesus was GOD
    chat Quote

akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

care to translate?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by akulion View Post
    care to translate?
    http://www.jewfaq.org/prayer/shema.htm

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thanks
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow, another thread about telling Christians what they believe is wrong...who could have thunk it.
    chat Quote

islamicfajr's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hello..

wow, another thread about telling Christians what they believe is wrong...who could have thunk it.

mmmm...

...could u Calculate 1+1+1 ?? ...don't close ur eyes about the truth

Christ in Islam

The "God" That Never Was

if u have a time Let the Bible Speak

May Allah direct u to the rigith path...

<wasalam>
    If Jesus was GOD

l'Islam

Grundlagen des Islam

chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    Actually it would seem that some pretty solid evidence was presented, it appears to be your own bible telling you that you are wrong.

Rather than just complaining that someone is telling you that you are wrong, perhaps you would care to explain any misconceptions you believe may have been communicated by the post or why those references dont stop billions of christians from believing that Jesus is the son of God?

Afterall, this is the comparative religion section.
    If Jesus was GOD

chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    Actually it would seem that some pretty solid evidence was presented, it appears to be your own bible telling you that you are wrong.

Rather than just complaining that someone is telling you that you are wrong, perhaps you would care to explain any misconceptions you believe may have been communicated by the post or why those references dont stop billions of christians from believing that Jesus is the son of God?

Afterall, this is the comparative religion section.
    There have been numerous threads on this issue for quite some time. I don't feel the need to respond to a repeating thread. You are right, this is a comparative religion section, not a "Christians must justify their beliefs because they are wrong" section.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I assume I would be susceptible to fall prey to this argument if I did not study Tanakh a lot and know Hebrew to realize that Muslim writers are mistranslated and taking verses out of context.
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

actually, i am getting tired of all the "my religion is better than yours" and the "what's wrong with your religion" threads.
    seems a silly waste of time to me. i've seen this type of thing from christians as well as muslims, tho naturally, being an islamic forum, it is more common from muslims.
    can't you just acknowledge that you follow different paths and even if you can't understand each other, learn to respect that these beliefs are important to people. you are not going to convince each other anyway - and why should you?
    If Jesus was GOD

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - If Jesus was GOD
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The problem is that the bickering between Muslims and Christians are so big is because there paths contradict. Both cannot be right... and one has to be lieing.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hello...Keltoi..

There have been numerous threads on this issue for quite some time. I don't feel the need to respond to a repeating thread. You are right, this is a comparative religion section, not a "Christians must justify their beliefs because they are wrong" section
    No i do'nt think that..u wellcome here..any time...feel free..just ask..
    i'm here 4 u and also these section 4 u....

u know why...if u know reality of islam...and put ur hand on the Turth..
    i'm sure if u find someone show u it ...in the right way i'm sure u don't Lie ur eyes..

some days ...insha` Allah..i'll say to u...May brother in islam..

u know i know ....u love Allah so much....but u should be Turthseeker..

u sould looking 4 the right way to warship Allah...
    any Question All my time 4 u...

May Allah direst u to the right path and All us meet in paradise ...

<wasalam>
    If Jesus was GOD

l'Islam

Grundlagen des Islam

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe View Post
    The problem is that the bickering between Muslims and Christians are so big is because there paths contradict. Both cannot be right... and one has to be lieing.
    Lieing? I think not. Both are stating what they believe.

But still it is a Straw Man type statement.
    You leave out the posibility, and I think probability, both are wrong.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum View Post
    Lieing? I think not. Both are stating what they believe.

But still it is a Straw Man type statement.
    You leave out the posibility, and I think probability, both are wrong.

Maybe Lieing is not the word.... One has to be false, for the other to be true...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe View Post
    Maybe Lieing is not the word.... One has to be false, for the other to be true...
    I like that much better, but still both can be wrong.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it is lying for goodness sake!
    one day God will judge amongst us in that which we differ........
    If Jesus was GOD

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - If Jesus was GOD

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I assume I would be susceptible to fall prey to this argument if I did not study Tanakh a lot and know Hebrew to realize that Muslim writers are mistranslated and taking verses out of context..
    I did not study Tanakh a lot
    it's k study it and come and feel free...

know Hebrew to realize that Muslim writers are mistranslated and taking verses out of context..
    who's the translate it..??

All these translate by ur hand ....

any way....do'nt say mistranslated...agian...feel free u have ...verses No.
    see the truth by ur eyes by any lang...even Hebrew....

islamicfajr
    If Jesus was GOD

l'Islam

Grundlagen des Islam

chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dear islamfajr

Thank you for your friendly welcome here. May I welcome you too as a new member to this forum!

This site is fabulous and has taught me no end of things about Islam.
    As you say, I only have to ask, and people are more than happy to explain their religion to me!

There is one thing I have learned about evangelising/dawah - and that's that is can only ever be that: the explaining of one's faith to a willing ear.
    Anything else - repeatedly talking about one's faith despite people not being interested, or aggressively trying to undermine other people's faith - is just counterproductive, will only lead to division and tension between faiths, and will never ever lead people to the religion in question!

Your approach here may make for lengthy threads and many replies, but if your intention is truly to show people true Islam, you are going the wrong way about it!
    It is the quiet and peaceful members in this forum who gain my respect and prick my interest in thei religion - they are the ones more likely to turn people towards Islam than people like you ever will!

I wish you peace, and hope that you will learn much here.

In the meantime, I will continue to follow Jesus Christ as the risen Son of God, and my personal saviour.
    The Bible tells me so!

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    peace
    If Jesus was GOD

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - If Jesus was GOD

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum View Post
    I like that much better, but still both can be wrong.

Oh for sure. I believe that they are both wrong.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! If Jesus was GOD Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. If Jesus was GOD