× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 20 of 20 visibility 3100

Difference amongst blacks

limitless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I read and heard that there is a major difference when comparing black individuals (both gender) to whites and brown individuals. To demonstrate, black's bone structure of skull and jaw is different to whites and brown people. The black lack some sort of nutrition, I think it's glucose or something.

Is all of this true, or just made up to downgrade the black race, make them feel low and different?

The Possibilities in Islam are limitless.

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. -Ben Stein

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. -Andy Warhol
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    MuslimahBlue's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Difference amongst blacks

I've never heard of this.
    chat Quote

akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

here u go u can find all the information you need here:

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_...9/Race.html#p3
    chat Quote

~Juwairiyah~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wr wb,

What's the difference between black and brown? Isn't a person with a brown skin colour is still considered to be black?

Anyhu, doubt the information you have read is true though because what does your skin colour have to do with your health? For example, can we say a person lacks nutrition because they were born with white hair? It just does not make sense! wallahu a'alam

wr wb
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Hayaat's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no offense, but what exactly is the point of this
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Of course there are differences. But, no more differences than what one expect to find between any 2 individuals. Unless people are geneticaly identical twins, there are going to be differences between people.

You will find about the some number of differences between two members of the same race as you will find between two people of different races. I have yet to meet a forensic scientist who has been able to identify the race of an individual based on skeletal evidence. If you ever watch the news you may notice that when only a skeleton is found of a victim, it is virtualy always identified as being "race unknown" I guess somebody has forgotten to point out those "facts" to the poor ignorant uneducated pathologists.

All traits found to be dominate in any race will occur in some individuals of different races.

The only race people belong to is the human race. We just happen to be very individualistic.

Herman 1 - Difference amongst blacks

chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are differences in the way you manage patients for instance... the way you'd manage Blood pressure in blacks as opposed to whites....... as each group responds better to a different set of meds..... blacks for instance don't respond well to beta blockers as whites do.... but respond very well to diuretics....... but then again dibetic patients don't respond well to the same type of diuretic and a beta blocker might mask the sympathetic responses in the face of hypoglycemia..... so in medicine it isn't one size fits all.... and that is something your doctor has to decide with you which is best..... but I am not sure what facial structures have to do with anything other than for forensic file cases where you are trying to idenitfy someone post mortum... in fact even the teeth would be an indicator of race as, native indians, mexicans, whites blacks and everything in between, have phenotypic and genotypic features different from the others......
    Now I don't understand the Glucose thing?
    unless you are talking about "Galactosemia"
    which is a rare genetic metabolic disorder, any race can be affected..... it isn't exclusive for blacks..... but it is rare and it is one of the things they screen newborns for in the hospital........
    Rest at ease..... all of humanity has its health woes.......

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Difference amongst blacks

chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Difference amongst blacks

format_quote Originally Posted by limitless View Post

I read and heard that there is a major difference when comparing black individuals (both gender) to whites and brown individuals. To demonstrate, black's bone structure of skull and jaw is different to whites and brown people. The black lack some sort of nutrition, I think it's glucose or something.

Is all of this true, or just made up to downgrade the black race, make them feel low and different?

If there are differences in the shape of the jaw bone it does not mean that black people are inherently superior or inferior to anybody. Physical differences like that do not make any difference to character or intelligence or anything like that.

wwwislamicboardcom - Difference amongst blacks
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Major? No! Minor? Yes.
    Anything to do with superiority? No.

The concept of superiority is the easiest sell in the world and there are millions that are willing to buy it.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    blackgirlizzi's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i really dont see the point of this, anyway no there aint any difference between black and brown because brown people are still considered as black, i am considered as black and i am still brown.
    chat Quote

muzna's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brown people are south asians i guess....we're not all black..we're all coloured..labels..hmpf
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Black people have different facial structures to south Asian people, who have different facial structures to east Asian people, who have different facial structures to caucasian people.

As everyone has said, they are just differences, not 'evidence' of any superiority or inferiority as some annoying BNP members claim. All the various ethnicities simply mark the diversity of humanity.

If everybody looked the same
    We'd get tired lookin' at each other...
    chat Quote

Ur_Sister's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why do people care so much about skin colour, we are all human being whether we are white, brown or black. Muezzin is right "If everybody looked the same. We'd get bored lookin' at each other."
    chat Quote

blackgirlizzi's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i am not asian i am african and i am still brown, people are different if u'r african you can still become brown not just asians r brown
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ur_Sister View Post
    Why do people care so much about skin colour, we are all human being whether we are white, brown or black. Muezzin is right "If everybody looked the same. We'd get bored lookin' at each other."
    Some people care. Ususally because they think there color is superior. People who judge people by there actions and nothing else don't care.
    chat Quote

cihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    on a little uninhabited island called my bed
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

so what if their skull structure is a bit different ?
    southern africans and northern africans so have diff. face structures

like i notice in the north a lot have high cheek bones

i think that maybe over generations people begin to adapt to their environment

like "white" people who live in really cold and snowy counries can hardly tan
    but if they live in a hot place, over the generations they will begin to tan

well, this is just my observations
    people are different-just accept that

READ THE QURAN
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The only difference medically that I know of is the increased cases of colon cancer in black males. I'm not sure what the reason is. Just as some other races have increased cases of other diseases.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To a blind man all people look alike. Perhaps those of us with eyesight were born handicaped.

Herman 1 - Difference amongst blacks

chat Quote

Curaezipirid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalam Alaikum

when we can get past the racial discrimination matter and into the actual biology only (by challenging every aspect of each our own behaviour and mental attitude that could manifest negatively toward difference) . . .
    then we can realise that the real knowledge is truly informative and quite awe inspiring.

I like this sort of straight clinical data approach:

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia View Post
    There are differences in the way you manage patients for instance... the way you'd manage Blood pressure in blacks as opposed to whites....... as each group responds better to a different set of meds..... blacks for instance don't respond well to beta blockers as whites do.... but respond very well to diuretics....... but then again dibetic patients don't respond well to the same type of diuretic and a beta blocker might mask the sympathetic responses in the face of hypoglycemia..... so in medicine it isn't one size fits all.... and that is something your doctor has to decide with you which is best..... but I am not sure what facial structures have to do with anything other than for forensic file cases where you are trying to idenitfy someone post mortum... in fact even the teeth would be an indicator of race as, native indians, mexicans, whites blacks and everything in between, have phenotypic and genotypic features different from the others......
    Now I don't understand the Glucose thing?
    unless you are talking about "Galactosemia"
    which is a rare genetic metabolic disorder, any race can be affected..... it isn't exclusive for blacks..... but it is rare and it is one of the things they screen newborns for in the hospital........
    Rest at ease..... all of humanity has its health woes.......
    One thing I learned is that most darker skin folk have a larger proportion of cerebro-spinal fluid; and that is a significant fact. But it connects with liver function in the information I received, rather than any other noticed functional difference.

format_quote Originally Posted by muzna View Post
    brown people are south asians i guess....we're not all black..we're all coloured..labels..hmpf
    In Australia, East Asians alternative assume a black and then a white identity depending upon the skin colour and identification of whom they are in communication with: what ever way there is an advantage is their culture. Mostly in China nobody lets such easy advantages, while Aussies just seem not to notice.

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    The only difference medically that I know of is the increased cases of colon cancer in black males. I'm not sure what the reason is. Just as some other races have increased cases of other diseases.
    Now that is a point which needs to be clarified as not belonging in this discussion. There are folk in Australia whom promote such information as though evidence that black skin men want to be sodomised. I hear that eating brassica's is the most effective methodology most often used to reduce incidence of colon cancer. But I have no raw data about what amount of brassica vegetables (and wasabi etc) that black men are consuming.

Also please remember that there are different biological causes of black skin. Among Africans there is a difference in the blood that has a dominent genetic. It is a strong kidney function thing.

While among Aboriginal Australians the black skin is the biological equivalence of a dark sun tan; but our kidney's get it younger.

Of course there are heaps of biological differences that are real; but the fact is that the shape of bones is determined far more strongly by the location of conception and birth and is not at all causally determined by colour of skin. Shouldn't it be clear that colour of skin is related to location also; and that location is the causal factor rather than . . . .. (or is it what is happening at that location? etc.)

The whole debate in anthropology between environment and human impact upon the environment is applicable. And medical anthropology is one of Earths most important areas of study.

wasalam

Within the Realm of King Solomon
    Who could have known I was home grown
    An accuser's false allegation
    Did warrant only my Nation
    in apology for inconveniences
    its shaytan leeches
    who accuse
    my unconscious sleep
    of accusing you too cheep
    I will be selling for five times three
    centsiblity
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Perhaps I should have clarified. My statement should have been African American males in the U.S. have higher instances of colon cancer and is considered a major problem within that community. Sodomy doesn't even belong in the equation, so I'm not sure what that was all about. Must be an Australian thing or something.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Hey there! Difference amongst blacks Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Difference amongst blacks