star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile watching and listening....

Report bad ads?

Watching t.v and listening to songs is it haram?

I listen to Hip hop, bollywood songs etc... are they haram?
    Am just curious... same goes with t.v and movies,
    I watch them someone once told me t.v itself is haram or sumat?

What do you all think?

I personally think its ok cause its doing no harm apart from influence and propaganda lol
    watching and listening....

"Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become character.
    Watch your character, they become destiny
    "

<(Am not a terrorist cause i got a beard) :crickey:
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: watching and listening....

Music is haraaamm and we have some threads on this bro. Just look for it
    Anything that leads you away from Allah would be considered haraam. That includes music as well.

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

SirDemonic's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Re: watching and listening....

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba View Post
    Music is haraaamm and we have some threads on this bro. Just look for it
    Anything that leads you away from Allah would be considered haraam. That includes music as well.

But it doesnt lead me away actually

Ok ill go look... directions? kay:

I need a sat nav here

"

chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Music is without a doubt Haram, and you can look at the reasons here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...an-sunnah.html

As for TV:

Question:
    Is watching TV permitted in Islaam ? If so under what conditions ?
    Answer:
    Praise be to Allaah.

The issue of watching films is not free from numerous reservations from a shar’i point of view, such as uncovering ‘awraat, listening to music, spreading corrupt beliefs and calling for imitation of the kuffaar. Allaah has commanded us to lower our gaze, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts)” [al-Noor 24:30-31].

Since lowering the gaze is the basis of protecting the private parts, it is mentioned first. Allaah has made the eyes the reflection of the heart: if a person lowers his gaze, the desire in his heart will be reduced, but if a person looks and stares, the desire in his heart will be provoked.

In Saheeh Muslim (1218) it is reported that Al-Fadl ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) was riding behind the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on the Day of Sacrifice (Yawm al-Nahr) from Muzdalifah to Mina, when some women riding on camel-borne sedan chairs passed by. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned his [al-Fadl’s] head away. This was prevention and denunciation through action, for if looking were permissible he would have approved of what he did.

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (6343) it is reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every son of Adam has his share of zinaa decreed for him, and he will undoubtedly get his share. The eye commits zinaa and its zinaa is looking. The tongue commits zinaa and its zinaa is speaking; the feet commit zinaa and their zinaa is walking; the hands commit zinaa and their zinaa is touching. The heart longs and desires for something and the private parts confirm that or deny it.”

He began by mentioning the eye because this is how the zinaa of the hand, foot, heart and private parts begins. By mentioning the zinaa of the tongue, he pointed out that the mouth can commit zinaa by speaking. And he stated that the private parts can confirm that if they make the deed happen, or deny it if that does not happen.

This hadeeth gives the clearest indication that the eye can sin by looking and that this is its zinaa. This is a refutation to those who say that looking is allowed in all circumstances.

It was also reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O ‘Ali, do not follow a look with a second, for the first look is allowable but not the second.”

A look has the same effect on the heart as an arrow has on its victim. If it does not kill him, it will wound him. It is like a spark of fire in dried grass; if it does not burn all of it, it will still burn some of it. May Allaah have mercy on the one who said:

“Everything starts with a look, and big fires start from little sparks.

How often has a heart been dealt a fatal blow like that of an arrow, with no need for a bow.

As long as a man’s eyes are looking around, looking into the eyes of others, he is in a state of danger.

His eye delights in that which could destroy his heart. The joy that may lead to harm is not welcome.”

Hence Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Fataawa 3/227:

With regard to television, it is a dangerous device and its harmful effects are very great, like those of the cinema, or even worse. We know from the research that has been written about it and from the words of experts in Arab countries and elsewhere enough to indicate that it is dangerous and very harmful to Islamic beliefs (‘aqeedah), morals and the state of society. This is because it includes the presentation of bad morals, tempting scenes, immoral pictures, semi-nakedness, destructive speech, and Kufr. It encourages imitation of their conduct and ways of dressing, respect for their leaders, neglect of Islamic conduct and ways of dressing, and looking down on the scholars and heroes of Islam. It damages their image by portraying them in an off-putting manner that makes people despise them and ignore them. It shows people how to cheat, steal, hatch plots and commit acts of violence against others. Undoubtedly anything that produces so many bad results should be stopped and shunned, and we have to close all the doors that could lead to it. If some of our brothers denounce it and speak out against it, we cannot blame them, because this is a part of sincerity towards Allaah and towards other people.

Whoever thinks that this device (TV) can be free of these evils and can be used only for good purposes if it is censored properly is exaggerating and is making a big mistake, because the censor may miss things and most people nowadays want to imitate the foreigners. It is very rare to find censors who are doing their job properly, especially nowadays when most people are only interested in time-wasting entertainment and things that turn people away from true guidance. Reality bears witness to that.

We ask Allaah to keep us safe from all evil for He is the Most Generous.

Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=36...txt=television
    I personally think its ok cause its doing no harm apart from influence and propaganda lol
    That is the greatest harm that it is doing! It is influencing the minds of Muslim to have a western lifestyle and it is encouraging many evils as mentioned in the Fatwa above.
    Last edited by Ibn Abi Ahmed; 12-17-2006 at 01:06 AM.

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SirDemonic View Post
    But it doesnt lead me away actually

Ok ill go look... directions? kay:

I need a sat nav here
    ^^ lol. You should just stay away from anything you are doubtful of. There are many threads here that u can check out, InshAllah To be honest, I have a bit of a problem with music myself, especially growing up with it and finding out recently that its haraam...i go on and off =|. Still trying tho, InshAllah.

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Re: watching and listening....

I never knew it was haraam

Feel gutted,

I listen music everyday, earphones go my ears... boom boom... in my own world....

I got islamic songs but they got beats in them as in bass

"

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yea... i have an ipod and i just recently started trying to stop...so im filling up my ipod wit nasheeds and recitation of Surahs. If i feel like listening to somethin, i'll listen to those instead. Its gunna be a slow process, but its better than nuthing. I used to listen to loud music as well, but now i cant stand it at all. So there's a start. If u want to truly stop, itll happen, InshAllah

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba View Post
    yea... i have an ipod and i just recently started trying to stop...so im filling up my ipod wit nasheeds and recitation of Surahs. If i feel like listening to somethin, i'll listen to those instead. Its gunna be a slow process, but its better than nuthing. I used to listen to loud music as well, but now i cant stand it at all. So there's a start. If u want to truly stop, itll happen, InshAllah
    I got nokia n91 filled with hip hop songs etc, from all kind of genres
    Got only few islamic songs but for some reasons i skip them
    But i know i cant start the way you did i'll find it hard to delete the songs i got

"

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jus to let u know, i had it mixed too. it took me some time till i got that far so yea it was hard at first. like i said, its better than nothing lol.

chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! watching and listening.... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. watching and listening....