Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How is it to live in Birmingham

Report bad ads?

Assalamo Aleikom,

My question is..

How is it for Muslims in Birmingham. I really want to move to England, but first asking arround. (Not that i have serious plans).

I will hear!

Wassalam

wwwislamicboardcom - How is it to live in Birmingham

Every Unbeliever is a potential Muslim
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    DaNgErOuS MiNdS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How is it to live in Birmingham

Living in Birmingham has its good and bad points, there are many differnt communities here.

There are plenty of Muslims, Masjids, asian clothes shops, resturants etc

I like it here but things can improve...any specific things you want to know?

Take a Visit

Madarak 1 - How is it to live in BirminghamWe'll make you dizzy
    chat Quote

netprince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda View Post
    Assalamo Aleikom,

My question is..

How is it for Muslims in Birmingham. I really want to move to England, but first asking arround. (Not that i have serious plans).

I will hear!

Wassalam
    Birmingham does have a very sizable muslim population of varying nationalities as well as many converts. You would be able to find masjids, madrassas, bookshops and halal food outlets and all manner of 'islamic' things.

I dont actually live in birmingham but just outside so cant really comment as to how it is to live in birmingham, but i will add that as with all major cities, it has its good as well as bad points.

I believe you yourself are from the Netherlands. I also lived there for about six months and too be honest i kinda preferred it there. The natives seemed a lot friendlier, but then again i wasnt in any of the major cities so those might be different. I lived in a small town/village called something like etten-leur i think.
    Last edited by netprince; 12-27-2006 at 05:56 PM.

BLOG

The company of good people breeds good opinions, even of bad people, whereas, the company of bad people breeds bad opinions even of good people
    Imam Shaf'i said "I never debated anyone except that I made a dua that the truth would be manifested on their tongue, so that I could submit to it''
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalmualikum Warhmathulahi Warbarakathuhu
    i have my cousins (step) living in brummy, brummy is kinda same as bradford many bad points there, you get called "terriorist" everywhere!
    u.s all ze way!
    Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    netprince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal View Post
    Assalmualikum Warhmathulahi Warbarakathuhu
    i have my cousins (step) living in brummy, brummy is kinda same as bradford many bad points there, you get called "terriorist" everywhere!
    u.s all ze way!
    Ma'assalama

Racism is a big issue wherever you are in the UK, but i dont recall ever having been called a terrorist to my face. Dont know who told you about being called terrorist everywhere in birmingham, but from my experience it isnt at all common.

Your correct in that birmingham is like bradford in a lot of ways. There are muslim 'ghettos', just as there are sikh Ghetto's and white ghetto's. I've also lived in Leicester, and it was the same thing there as well. You had Gujrati muslims areas, then you had indian hindu areas etc. Unfortunately, that again is a feature of most major cities that have immigrant populations. The immigrants arrive to the area and settle in the inner cities normally, the white populations move out (for whatever reasons) and what your left with are ghettos.

If you go to London, you will find the same thing, manchester same thing, sheffield...wherever you go its the same.

America...look at the major cities with sizable immigrant populations, you will see areas where theres mainly black african americas, latinos, asians and so on. Dont a lot of the cities have areas such as 'little italy', 'China Town' etc

This is a universal phenomenon......
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by netprince View Post
    Racism is a big issue wherever you are in the UK, but i dont recall ever having been called a terrorist to my face. Dont know who told you about being called terrorist everywhere in birmingham, but from my experience it isnt at all common.

Your correct in that birmingham is like bradford in a lot of ways. There are muslim 'ghettos', just as there are sikh Ghetto's and white ghetto's. I've also lived in Leicester, and it was the same thing there as well. You had Gujrati muslims areas, then you had indian hindu areas etc. Unfortunately, that again is a feature of most major cities that have immigrant populations. The immigrants arrive to the area and settle in the inner cities normally, the white populations move out (for whatever reasons) and what your left with are ghettos.

If you go to London, you will find the same thing, manchester same thing, sheffield...wherever you go its the same.

America...look at the major cities with sizable immigrant populations, you will see areas where theres mainly black african americas, latinos, asians and so on. Dont a lot of the cities have areas such as 'little italy', 'China Town' etc

This is a universal phenomenon......
    Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu
    well what i meant about "terriorist" is thats a bad thing everywhere people call you terriorist i mean they call you in brady, brummy, when ever they see a muslim "not" everytime but what am trying to say is thats a mojor problem, but hence there silly people && there's ONLY few who say it!
    Ma'assalama

P.S BETTA GO NOW TAKE CARE DUDE
    chat Quote

FollowingAlhuda's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oke thanks for the information guys.

Netprince: etten-leur is a small town. I live in Amsterdam. We have a lot of muslims here, and a lot of muslim stores, mosques etc etc. Not a lot of racism, but it startes (the racism).

Dangerous minds: I really want to know if there are a lot of sects. I want to stay on the right manhadj offcourse (according to the salaf). I heard in Engalnd their are a lot of Jihaadies (in a bad context way) an a lot of Takfier people (who just call muslim kuffar). Could you maybe clear this out for me?

Kittygal: Thanks for the info. Do tou live their?

Wassalam

chat Quote

Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Netprince: etten-leur is a small town. I live in Amsterdam. We have a lot of muslims here, and a lot of muslim stores, mosques etc etc. Not a lot of racism, but it startes (the racism).

Dangerous minds: I really want to know if there are a lot of sects. I want to stay on the right manhadj offcourse (according to the salaf). I heard in Engalnd their are a lot of Jihaadies (in a bad context way) an a lot of Takfier people (who just call muslim kuffar). Could you maybe clear this out for me?

Wassalam
    Well I can't be sure about birmingham, but as far as I am aware their is not many takferier people or Jihadees (in bad context), in england. Their maybe lot of poor example of muslim, but you get that nearly everywhere.
    Well I live in London.

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - How is it to live in Birmingham atomicth4 1 - How is it to live in Birmingham atomicth3 1 - How is it to live in Birmingham
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon View Post
    Well I can't be sure about birmingham, but as far as I am aware their is not many takferier people or Jihadees (in bad context), in england. Their maybe lot of poor example of muslim, but you get that nearly everywhere.
    Well I live in London.
    Oke,

No i just heard it. But Allahu a3lem.

And how is it in London? I will Insha Allah go with my (girl)friend to a family of her in london for a weekend. What do you prever yourself Birmigham of London.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by netprince View Post
    The immigrants arrive to the area and settle in the inner cities normally, the white populations move out (for whatever reasons) and what your left with are ghettos.

It is because the white British people are put behind the immigrants when it comes to houses. I'm not lying. We have to wait years to be given a house but immigrants get them straight away. What has also been apparent is that where I live there's a province where it used to be asian or black people, no whites at all but now you will find that the polish are starting to take it from them and it's starting to become white again, but still no British apart from these little babies these Polish are having. British citizens aren't given a chance.

Referring to Birmingham I don't know what it's like but I don't think I could live there. I have been there a few times to a meet a gal I knew. It looks really rough.
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you're going to move, why don't you consider moving to a good Muslim country instead of the UK?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah View Post

If you're going to move, why don't you consider moving to a good Muslim country instead of the UK?

I know, that's why i asked. I want to move to a Muslim country. But i heard so many stories about birmingham. Many scolars say it is a good place to move to. Better than where i live now!

Ghair Insha Allah, just gathering some info!

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know, that's why i asked. I want to move to a Muslim country. But i heard so many stories about birmingham. Many scolars say it is a good place to move to. Better than where i live now!

Ghair Insha Allah, just gathering some info!

You're better off moving to a good muslim country. Did you know there was riots in Birmingham not so long ago between the muslims and blacks? The blacks desecrated the muslims gravestones.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by England View Post
    You're better off moving to a good muslim country. Did you know there was riots in Birmingham not so long ago between the muslims and blacks? The blacks desecratedthe muslims gravestones.

Is that so?

Again, this is a research! But i have never heard of that! Well Insha Allah i will take a look at london. And i will see.
    Last edited by FollowingAlhuda; 12-28-2006 at 12:45 PM.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    DaNgErOuS MiNdS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wassalam
    Well unfortunately there are alot of sects here, we'll have a sect to meet everyones needs here lol. What you believe is the true path you will also find here and at the end of the day Birmingham is so diverse in terms of people you'll find allsorts here and it all depends who you with and which part of b'ham you're going to. The takfiris are rare around here but get all the attention.

The riots were just a small number of youths spreading rumours around and causing trouble, it did esculate abt but was under control by the Police.

Take a Visit

Madarak 1 - How is it to live in BirminghamWe'll make you dizzy
    chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

assalaamu alaykum,

small heath in birmingham is the really islamic part, there are a lot of good muslims there and also some errrhhh weird ones also. there is even a shi'a masjid there.

but there is also green lane masjid,
    http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/

which is upon the sunnah and correct manhaj and well worth a visit as well as several islamic bookshops where you can get good information from authentic sources.

yes there were riots a few months ago in birmingham, but there is a lot tension everywhere. i do however agree that moving to a muslim country would be better, especially as the dutch seem to be getting very anti islam at the moment.

i am expecting another influx of immigrants into the UK though, just like we got when the french banned hijab, loads of french muslims moved, some to the uk.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS View Post
    Well unfortunately there are alot of sects here, we'll have a sect to meet everyones needs here lol. What you believe is the true path you will also find here and at the end of the day Birmingham is so diverse in terms of people you'll find allsorts here and it all depends who you with and which part of b'ham you're going to. The takfiris are rare around here but get all the attention.

The riots were just a small number of youths spreading rumours around and causing trouble, it did esculate abt but was under control by the Police.
    Oke this is information that comes furmiliour (i do not know how to whrite it)
    This is what i also hear. Ghair Insha Allah, may Allah lead them to becomming one Umma.

We have the same problem in Holland. Subhanna Allah, just going to live Insha Allah in a Muslim country.

Baraka Allaho fiek for the information!

Wassalam

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post
    assalaamu alaykum,

but there is also green lane masjid,
    http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/

which is upon the sunnah and correct manhaj and well worth a visit as well as several islamic bookshops where you can get good information from authentic sources.

yes there were riots a few months ago in birmingham, but there is a lot tension everywhere. i do however agree that moving to a muslim country would be better, especially as the dutch seem to be getting very anti islam at the moment.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah
    Salaamo Aleikom,

Yes i agree a Muslim country is better. But i have to say i can Alhamdolilah practise my faith in Amsterdam very well. In other cities it's a big problem. Here their are many sisters walking with a niqaab in the public transport.

There are here many bookstores, but the most Dutch Islamic books arent that great. I always read English or Arabic books bcz the English has been directly translated from the Arabic (also in our bookstores).

May Allah reward you for your information!
    You all have made it somewhat clear for me!

Wassalamo Aleikom

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A muslim country is your best option. Many muslims believe the veil is under threat of being banned here. You'll be able to get the best out of your faith in a true muslim country. The UK is proof that multiculturalism doesn't work. The different cultures clash with each other which does tend to cause a problem.

But at the same time the worst place to go is a muslim country that is ruled by a dictator that spreads hatred, ie. Iran.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    aby5y's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LOL..I cant tell you about Birmingham sister...How about Glasgow???
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! How is it to live in Birmingham Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How is it to live in Birmingham