× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 88 visibility 8324

Younger Muslims 'radical' - heated debate

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

29 January 2007
    YOUNGER MUSLIMS 'RADICAL'
    GROWING numbers of young British muslims are embracing radical Islam, a new poll shows.

Those aged between 16 and 24 feel they have less in common with non-muslims than their parents.

More than one in three youngsters would send children to Islamic schools, compared to 19 per cent of over 55-year-olds.

And 37 per cent of 16- 24-year-olds want to live under strict Islamic laws instead of the British system, compared to 17 per cent of over 55s.

Three-quarters of youngsters want women to be veiled.

It is supported by just over one-in-four of the older generation.

Munira Mirza, who helped compile the report for think-tank Policy Exchange, said: "There is clearly a conflict within British Islam."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Government Blamed For Divisions

Govt Blamed For Divisions
    Updated: 09:50, Monday January 29, 2007

A growing number of young Muslims want Islamic schools and Sharia law brought into Britain, according to a poll.

The survey found more young Muslims want women to wear the veil in public compared to the feeling gauged among their parents.

The majority of Muslims feel they have as much, if not more, in common with non-Muslims in the UK than with Muslims abroad.

But this figure fell from 71% among over-55s to 62% among 16-24 year olds, the survey for independent think-tank Policy Exchange found.

The percentage who said they would prefer to send their children to Islamic state schools increased from 19% for older people to 37% of the younger group.

The number who said they would prefer to live under Sharia law than British law increased from 17% of over-55s to 37% of 16-24-year-olds.

Munira Mirza, the lead author of the report, said the results suggested Government policy was to blame for sharpening divisions between Muslims and non-Muslims.

She said: "The emergence of a strong Muslim identity in Britain is, in part, a result of multicultural policies implemented since the 1980s which have emphasised difference at the expense of shared national identity and divided people along ethnic, religious and cultural lines."

According to the poll, 74% of 16-24-year-olds prefer Muslim women to choose to wear the hijab compared with only 28% of over 55s.

And while 7% of all those surveyed "admire organisations like al Qaeda that are prepared to fight the West", the figure increased from 3% of over-55s to 13% among the younger group.

Ms Mirza said: "There is clearly a conflict within British Islam between a moderate majority that accepts the norms of Western democracy and a growing minority that does not."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...565113,00.html
    Last edited by Muezzin; 01-29-2007 at 10:23 PM.
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Younger Muslims 'radical'

This what you'd call a 'hot topic'. I urge members replying to this thread to calm down and think before they post.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    This what you'd call a 'hot topic'. I urge members replying to this thread to calm down and think before they post.
    The 2nd article I posted was a bit more informative and interesting than this one
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Abdul Fattah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a.k.a. steve
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think in general over the whole world in all differnt cultures and religions that young people will be more "radical" as opposed to older people who have more expierience and wisdom and learned to put things in perspective. This is yet another attempt to induce fear with non-mulims if you ask me: "look what's happening, they're growing worse"

Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think this is a fairly typical reaction among young adults in all faiths and cultures. There always seems to be swinging extremes from one generation to the next.

My parents were quite radical and extremists in their beliefs. My generation was more conservative and pushed for slower more peaceful changes. My children reverted to being extreme radicals and now I see my grandchildren as being more sedate.

Sadly it seems it is the radical extreme generations that set the wheels in motion for war, but it is the moderate generation that gets called upon to fight the wars.

a positive sign I see is that while the pendulm does still swing from generation to generation, it does not reach the extremes it had in earlier generations.

Herman 1 - Younger Muslims 'radical' - heated debate

chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thanks, its nice to see 37% accepting strict islamic laws, lets hope this rises inshaAllaah.

Man what a nice article, 75% wanting women to be veiled, mashaAllaah, lol biiig smile on my face, biiig fat smile

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Jayda's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hola,

i think maybe you should consider the polls about muslims preferring to live under islam from another perspective... i think if you asked any Catholic whether they would prefer to live under Catholic rule exclusively they would say yes... or any relious person for this matter... because that is what you believe is the best.

but if you ask me "do you want to overthrow the government and establish a Catholic theocrasy" i would say no because i do not want to do violence or hurt people to establish pure justice... i only meant to say before that i would prefer living in such a society...

so maybe that is all those muslims answering those polls were saying... but i think muslims should answer this question. fi_sabilillah justified the islamic conquest of spain by saying muslims are supposed to go into a country and offer only three choices, paying a tax, converting to islam or war... so... i am not sure what this means...

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...ml?#post637500

it has been on my thoughts.

Dios te bendiga
    Last edited by Jayda; 01-29-2007 at 10:55 PM.
    chat Quote

Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The term radical and extreme attribute to muslim by the non-muslim is not necessarily be something radical or extreme in Islam.

I also find it strange that they never went out to ask the Hijab wearing women if they prefer for themself, other muslim women and their daughters to wear their Hijab.

I also don't get the part of bringing al-qaeda into the poll, as Al-Qaeda is not a creed in Islam or amount to any kind of belief that is required in Islam.

Why not go ask some british non-muslim and try to pass of admiration of Bush as somekind of radicalisation, which actually will be more true in essence.

If you look carefully you can see the attempt of bluring the image.
    Last edited by Skillganon; 01-30-2007 at 01:34 AM.

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - Younger Muslims 'radical' - heated debate atomicth4 1 - Younger Muslims 'radical' - heated debate atomicth3 1 - Younger Muslims 'radical' - heated debate
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
    thanks, its nice to see 37% accepting strict islamic laws, lets hope this rises inshaAllaah.

Man what a nice article, 75% wanting women to be veiled, mashaAllaah, lol biiig smile on my face, biiig fat smile
    It won't happen
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sorry? what wont happen ?

-
    -
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think he means the rise.

Anyhow, interesting figures.

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by England View Post
    It won't happen
    ffended:

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by England View Post
    It won't happen
    we shall see about that nationalistic dude, we shall see

the more attention islam gets, the more people will research on islam, the more they will see the beauty of its truth, the more people will accept, the more islam will be practised AAAAAND the more you mr england wil be unhappy

-
    -
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol i didnt know going to islamic schools and wanting to be veiled was "radical."
    I guess that makes me one. Weird people...:X

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

Agnostic's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba View Post
    lol i didnt know going to islamic schools and wanting to be veiled was "radical."
    Agree, I dont see what is so "radical" about them wanting their children to got to a Muslim school or their women wearing a hijab and the part about Al Queda... Well it was a low percent anyway.
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslims wishing to adhere to specific requirements of their faith isn't "extreme". Wearing the veil or attending an Islamic school isn't extreme, unless the education they are getting is blatantly directed at provoking radicalism and violence. I'm sure these places exist, but I would wager the majority of Islamic schools are focused on an Islamic education, period.

I think Jayda made a good point in relation to those who said they wished to live under Islamic law. Most religious people would tell you they like the idea of living in a country devoted to their particular religious view, but that doesn't necessarily mean they would support a violence to achieve that end. I do think the debate about what is expected of Muslims who choose to live in an non-Muslim country is interesting, and should probably be explored more by both sides of the issue.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

Bittersteel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

please England define Radical Islam.
    chat Quote

Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba View Post
    Its 2007, catch up with the new trends in Vocabulary.

Radical = Orthodox

EXAMPLE: Man, look at that radical rabbi. He's got the long beard, and the ya'ma'ka, and the robe, and the hat -- man, lets call Homeland Security, he's gonna bomb that Synagogue!! :rant:

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I must have missed something... what is so radical about that??

wwwislamicboardcom - Younger Muslims 'radical' - heated debate
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Younger Muslims 'radical' - heated debate Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Younger Muslims 'radical' - heated debate