× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 152 visibility 12554

Do you hate Americans?

tomtomsmom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you hate Americans?

Report bad ads?

Ok so in another thread the statement "I hate Americans" has been brought up several times. With the moderators permission I would like to discuss this further. Anyone who posts in this thread please leave your anger outside because I really want this to be a civilized discussion.

I realize that there is great hatred in the world for the action of the USA over the years. I as an american hate that too. But to generalize that all american are evil sits wrong for me. Is it not the same as saying all mulisms are terrorists?

2. Report bad ads?
    Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do you hate Americans?

The folks who hate America really just hate American foreign policy and domestic behavior (ultra-liberalism, ultra-conservatism, isolationism, etc.). The problem that lies therein is that they usually cannot word their 'hatred' very well, so they give a general dislike of America. Its not really that big of a deal. Americans felt the same way about Soviets/Russians, Germans, Japanese folks, the Vietnamese, and countless other folks/nations.

The newest fear, probably public since the Reagan era, and especially since after 9/11, is that the neo-conservatives -- who are seen by some and see themselves as the most hardcore defenders of Western civilization -- might actually end all civilizations in this newest chapter in American history.

Many Europeans thought Germany would end the world with its end-of-days foreign policy, and that same fear is now carried over to the United States; a 100% unilateral nation that has even more power and control over the way of the world. I'm not comparing the US to Nazi Germany or any other self-titled Messianic empire, but its fairly easy to see where the lines meet up.

I'm not an expert on anti-Americanism, but my theory is a lot more accurate than what you'll get from mine and your own brethren -- the cliche "they're jealous of our power" reply.

I hope it helps.
    Do you hate Americans?

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir

lyesh's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

American, Palasteinian, Indian... for me the nationality is not important. We are all human! And there are the good and bad among them everywhere. So blaming a certain country only because of a few people doesnt make sense. No I dont hate Americans.... not all.. only the wrong people among them

May Allah Guide them... Ameen!
    Do you hate Americans?

lYeSh

Zulkiflim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

We i do hate americans,and isrealis.

All americans.

That is until we get to know each other.

LOL..

Until then if i do not kow you and you are an american,i will just distance myself.
    Here in Singapore,the whites or Americans are fearful to be seen outside and where ever they go they go in groups for protection.

As i would say that muslim in the US would go in groups for protection especially when whites are around,especially for men and women who wear the hijab or have a beard.

Perhaps it is not your individual fault that the world is the way it is to day,but you are part of it.

As it is not the individual fault of any Lebanese whom are bombed by US made bombs nor any individual Iraqis who are bombed by Shock and Awe and so on.

You cna shrug and say,hey it got nothing to do with me.
    As can the Iraqis,the Lebanese,The Somalis,The Palestinains.

Some would say,it is a goverment policy,but you are first and foremost ,US citizens,and when push come to shove,you will be treated likewise.

6. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are parallels to the Roman Empire and any other powerful nation in history. Once a nation grows in power and influence its interest lies in protecting that status and the way of life of its people. That will always lead to animosity among other groups and nations who find it easy, and sometimes justifiable, to blame the U.S. for the state of its affairs. I also think in many ways it has become pop culture in non-American circles to "hate" the U.S. Sort of like rebellious children flipping off the principle behind his back at school. Not saying people don't have proper arguments to make in many cases, but its all a matter of worldview and one's national allegiances.
    Last edited by Keltoi; 01-31-2007 at 12:15 PM.
    Do you hate Americans?

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i hate the american goverment, not the individuals
    Do you hate Americans?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If I meet an American I wouldn't hate him/her just because he/she is American...

There is much I dislike about the country itself as a whole, but to be honest that isn't something unique to only America, I feel the same way about many other places, although America does seem to be very close to the top of the list.

At the same time, Americans themselves are too diverse to generalise...
    Do you hate Americans?

wwwislamicboardcom - Do you hate Americans?

MTAFFI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim View Post
    Salaam

We i do hate americans,and isrealis.

All americans.

That is until we get to know each other.

LOL..

Until then if i do not kow you and you are an american,i will just distance myself.
    Here in Singapore,the whites or Americans are fearful to be seen outside and where ever they go they go in groups for protection.

As i would say that muslim in the US would go in groups for protection especially when whites are around,especially for men and women who wear the hijab or have a beard.

Perhaps it is not your individual fault that the world is the way it is to day,but you are part of it.

As it is not the individual fault of any Lebanese whom are bombed by US made bombs nor any individual Iraqis who are bombed by Shock and Awe and so on.

You cna shrug and say,hey it got nothing to do with me.
    As can the Iraqis,the Lebanese,The Somalis,The Palestinains.

Some would say,it is a goverment policy,but you are first and foremost ,US citizens,and when push come to shove,you will be treated likewise.
    So you wouldnt mind then if I say I hate all Muslims until I meet them? Or that you may not be directly responsible for certain Muslim terrorist attacks but you are a part of it. Seems a little sick to me
    Do you hate Americans?

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    - Bertrand Russell

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the
    enemy." - George Washington

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have no control over where I was born. Just like I have no control over who my parents are or the color of my skin. I don't think that gives anyone the right to hate me.
    The way I see it fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    I will give anyone a first chance without bias because of your culture or religion. Everyone is different and if not given the chance you can never see that. But if you do prove yourself to be a bad person you will not get a second chance with me. Period.

12. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom View Post
    I have no control over where I was born. Just like I have no control over who my parents are or the color of my skin. I don't think that gives anyone the right to hate me.
    The way I see it fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    I will give anyone a first chance without bias because of your culture or religion. Everyone is different and if not given the chance you can never see that. But if you do prove yourself to be a bad person you will not get a second chance with me. Period.
    I agree, tomtomsmum.

Unfortunately, believing in stereotypes tends to be what people do ... until we meet people of other nationalities/races/religons face-to-face (well said, Zulkiflim)
    That's when stereotypes start to erode and crumble, because suddenly we see another human being, we share the same feelings, experiences, situations ... and it becomes impossible to hate each other!
    That's why interaction and communication between differing groups is so vital!

If it makes you feel any better, I am a white Christian German - and I receive my fair share of criticism and judgement for it (although not necessarily here in LI).
    I'm afraid I just had to learn to grow a thicker skin!

Like you said I cannot possibly be responsible for any atrocities/mistakes committed by anybody I share my nationality/race/religion with ...
    I am , however, responsible for teaching others that their steretypical views of me are unfounded - by the very way I react to their accusations.

peace
    Do you hate Americans?

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Do you hate Americans?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I found this article, which may be of interest. (It is from a Christian website, so I prefer not to post a link, unless mods request so specifically ...):
    People are different. Some have dark skin, and some have light skin. Some are short, some are tall, some have straight hair, some have long hair, some have blue eyes, and some have brown. But the amazing thing that the world seems to miss is the transcendent and obvious reality that we are all human; we are all strikingly similar. We all have skin, eyes, hair, and so on. We all have minds to think, wills to act, emotions to feel, and bodies to live in. The similarities go far beyond the differences. The problem for humanity, however, is that something has gone wrong. We have a sin problem; thus, we maximize the differences, rank and judge them, and do whatever we can to exalt ourselves at the expense of others. We, for whatever silly reason, think that our nuances of appearance are superior to somebody else’s. This leads to degrading comments, racism, destruction, division, and hate.

But there is good news. God is not racist, for God is love. God is not partial, for God has made all people.
    [...]
    Rather than get caught up on the differences, we could see that we are all His creation. We could see that we are all fearfully and wonderfully made. All people groups, tribes, and tongues are His masterpieces. [...]

In other words, we are all one race- human.
    Peace
    Do you hate Americans?

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Do you hate Americans?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't hate Americans,

Nope

Erm...

Yeah tc Peace!
    Do you hate Americans?

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That is very nice Glo thank you.

I think what upsets me the most are the parents that teach their children hate. Every single one of us have grown up with hatred all around us. I am sorry but I want something better for my son, my grandchildren, my great gradchildren, and every generation after that. I don't want my legacy in this world to be hate. If parents would start teaching their children love and understanding then eventually all the hate would die off and the only thing left would be peace. I try very hard to teach my son this. He is only 5 yet he knows that all people are different. Some have white skin and some have brown. Some are tall and some will never be as tall as he is now. Some can walk just fine but some need a wheel chair to be able to move. I teach him that the differences on the outside isn't what matters, it is the similarites on the inside that count. He knows that we all can love, we all can hurt, we all bleed the same blood. He may not fully understand this now at such a young age, but it is the seeds that I plant now that will help him grow into an honest and caring man. I ask all of you, what kind of seed do you want your children to grow in to??

Ninth_Scribe's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir View Post
    The folks who hate America really just hate American foreign policy and domestic behavior (ultra-liberalism, ultra-conservatism, isolationism, etc.). The problem that lies therein is that they usually cannot word their 'hatred' very well, so they give a general dislike of America. Its not really that big of a deal.
    I think that's right on the money. Most of the people I've communicated with have really gone out of their way to explain they don't hate me... but they don't understand how we, as American people, could be so blind to what our government has been up to. I told them we thought we had watch-dog groups in place to keep em' honest (politicians), but something went very wrong. We're all over it now, but look at what it took to bring the issues to our attention!? That's sad.

Personally, I think all the countries should take a step back from what I call the point of impact and split the difference on who's to blame for it - you know, fix this mess. That would please me. At this point, I think that would please everyone.

Ninth Scribe
    Do you hate Americans?

18. Report bad ads?
    FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I love americans, espcially the dudes who made halo.
    Do you hate Americans?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

cihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    on a little uninhabited island called my bed
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

all of our blood is the same colour
    ie:we're all human

"We made you into nations and tribes so that you could come to know one another"
    Do you hate Americans?

READ THE QURAN

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

One of the most painful lessons we ever learn in life is that not everybody loves us. Not everybody loves me, Not everybody loves you and not everybody loves the guy across the street or on the opposite side of the world.

Oddly enough, with each and everyone, anybody and everybody we hate; somebody someplace hates us for the same reason.

Every person that hates Americans because we have a secular, imperialistic country, a corrupt government, an aggresive leader etc. Has somebody else that see's them as being the same. For every stereotype I or you have about others there are people that have the same stereotype about us.

the reality is that to some extent each and everyone of us is guilty of the same crimes we condemn in others.

Perhaps this is the reason we as Humans have no right to Judge any other human.
    Do you hate Americans?

Herman 1 - Do you hate Americans?

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom View Post
    I think what upsets me the most are the parents that teach their children hate. Every single one of us have grown up with hatred all around us.
    Not in my household... my mother would slap my face (hard) if she heard me speak out of line against someone else. She's Sicilian, but in her nest, Lashon Hara is a very serious sin! You can doubt a person. To her, doubt is just a misunderstanding, usually caused when the facts are poorly presented. But you can't diss a person just because you don't understand them (or what planet they're from).

Hmm... maybe a burst of the divine feminine is what's needed here, lol. Yea, we'll empower the mothers of the world to rein in the kids, especially the males!

Ninth Scribe
    Last edited by Ninth_Scribe; 01-31-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    Do you hate Americans?

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Perhaps this is the reason we as Humans have no right to Judge any other human.
    I thought we were denied the right of Judgement as a Mercy. The thought is buried somewhere in my mind so deeply, I can't seem to form it, but it went something like this:

No matter who it is, no one is an island. No one can survive the Earth on their own power. It requires a team effort, combined force. Therefore no matter what your station in life may be, you are only as powerful as the ones to the right of you, the ones to the left, those before you and from behind. With this in mind, whatever your success becomes a shared blessing. Likewise, whatever your failure, it becomes a shared burden.

It went something like that. I guess, we're all failing eachother.

The Ninth Scribe
    Last edited by Ninth_Scribe; 01-31-2007 at 05:53 PM.
    Do you hate Americans?

24. Report bad ads?
    MTAFFI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FBI View Post

I love americans, espcially the dudes who made halo.
    HALO IS AWESOME, I dont play video games but I do get on that with the xbox360 and whoop up on some youngsters when i get a chance, what is your gamertag, maybe i will whoop up on you sometime
    Do you hate Americans?

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    - Bertrand Russell

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the
    enemy." - George Washington

26. Hide
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Do you hate Americans? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Do you hate Americans?