× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 50 visibility 7519

Request to be deleted

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Request to be deleted

Report bad ads?

I Request to be deleted because I am sick and tired of my posts being deleted by kiddie MODs repeatedly as being off topic.

Latest example being deleted from Is it allowed to see the face of a niqaabi?

P.S. It was NOT off topic (One had to give proof of nikaab being fardh or otherwise, before one could reply to the question and that is what I did).
    Last edited by NoName55; 05-02-2007 at 02:13 PM.

2. Report bad ads?
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Request to be deleted

Why don't you take your requests and complaints to moderators or Admins, and inshaAllah they will get back to you ASAP. There's no need to speak so harshly about others.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No one is speakly harshly. The fact is that there are some immature moderators in this forum does not help. Not referring to anyone in particular btw.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why don't you take your requests and complaints to moderators or Admins, and inshaAllah they will get back to you ASAP. There's no need to speak so harshly about others.

Then no one else would see the abuse that is being perpetrated against Innocent Muslim posters. Since this is my final thread I have nothing more to fear.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeh well, no names mentioned, lets respect their privacy Inshaa Allaah.

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What amazes me is that forget who is Mod or not, for all I care the Mods could be the worst people ever, but for real I dont get this whole outcry.

I've had people take not just a forum post, but take ajr from me.

But lets try keep it between ourself and Allah and if we want then the person involved.

Seriously, guys if anything pm me noone of this 'Delete this..' and then putting a smiley, what's the point?

In the end if the mods are the worst misguided people then we should help them and if they are right then we should be helped by them.

I do speak to some mods and they do make mistakes but guys maybe that mistake is a way for you to ern ajr by being patient and talking nicely?

I dont know, dont end up firing at me too now!
    Request to be deleted

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When a person disagrees with the decision of a moderator the best option is to PM the moderator and explain your concern. Nearly always an understanding will be reached.

On the rare occasion, that does not resolve the problem PM any of the Super Mods that may be on line. Those are the Blue People. Rarely will it ever need to go beyond that.

Each moderator here is very dedicated and does have a very strong sense of fair play. I do not know of any moderator that has any personal grudges against any member. The simple truth is that for the benefit of all, some posts are not beneficial, no matter how good we personally may believe them to be.

Finally, in the event of disagreement it is always best to handle it inter-personally than to publicly post it.
    Request to be deleted

Herman 1 - Request to be deleted

DaNgErOuS MiNdS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The one big problem here is the 'If you aint Salaaafi, you aint right' attitude, now I dont mind being corrected but atleat give us the reasons why a post/thread has been deleted, rather then and automated messasge that we shouldn't reply back to. If someone has anything at all against a salafi view they'll be deleted.

like this post will be I bet.
    Request to be deleted

Take a Visit

Madarak 1 - Request to be deletedWe'll make you dizzy

siFilam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

I don't like the fact many threads are closed so often. this is a forum, so lets have discussions without crossing the line set by Qur'an and Sunnah.

wasalam
    -SI-

12. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS View Post
    The one big problem here is the 'If you aint Salaaafi, you aint right' attitude, now I dont mind being corrected but atleat give us the reasons why a post/thread has been deleted, rather then and automated messasge that we shouldn't reply back to. If someone has anything at all against a salafi view they'll be deleted.

like this post will be I bet.
    I dont totally agree with that, I remember there was some proper illogical views and I spoke to the brother in an open thread, he showed his evidence I showed mine and so forth, that thread if I am not mistaken still lives today, the brother left without answering, and is posting other stuff on the forum.

I dont agree with clsoing a thread without providing a reason and so forth, but it can be time consuming brother let's be honest right? Sometimes Mods even ask before deleting posts taht the person posting edits it.

The reality is this, if there are some concepts which I might think are wrong, lets say this concepts appear am I gonna have to pm every person every reason why I deleted things, maybe I will but it takes time, lets come to agree then that deleting something isnt done out of hate but out of love, you correct the person you love and leave astray the person you are not bothered about thats the truth.

format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam View Post

I don't like the fact many threads are closed so often. this is a forum, so lets have discussions without crossing the line set by Qur'an and Sunnah.

wasalam
    -SI-
    Sometimes topics involve matters which are not clear cut though.
    Request to be deleted

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam View Post

wasalam
    -SI-

agreed
    Request to be deleted

Take a Visit

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Maybe threads wouldn't get closed so often if people could debate politely? Please see the FAQ, this is not a fiqh board.

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think we might just get more mods to respond to all the posts we have to delete.. seriosly its hard work to delete every single post and give a detailed explanation for it.

Because usually when we delete alot of posts, we delete alot of posts 'together' because 1) We know it will cause more chaos and arguments if we leave it there i.e. if its a sectarian issue, or 2) It's an issue which scholars differ on i.e. whether niqaab is waajib or not for example.

The amount of threads made in a day are alot, and we also have lives aswell init? So we gota sometimes delete alot of things together, and even if we are kids, who else is going to run the place? Most adults usually have a full time job and family to support - so they can't really work full time on the forum anyway.

If the aim of the forum is to teach people the way of Ahlus Sunnah - should we actually allow people to post things which contradict that? If we do - we are blameworthy of it because there are also people on the forum who may not be sure of the answers. So we allow you to PM us for info related to that if you're unsure, we don't stop you from PM'ing to discuss the issue, we just don't want to be blameworthy of allowing something which may cause harm to others viewing it.

Think about it - if we don't follow Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah, who's interpretation do we really follow? Weren't they the most guided people? Again - if you have a response, just PM and we can discuss it inshaa Allaah.

I hope you all understand that we don't get payed for this, and we don't want to cause ourselves and others to be misguided either. So we stick to the original teachings of the 3 best generations of muslims [the sahabah, their students and their students.]

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You mean debate with an open mind.

So we stick to the original teachings of the 3 best generations of muslims [the sahabah, their students and their students.]
    Ur right akhee.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah View Post

Maybe threads wouldn't get closed so often if people could debate politely? Please see the FAQ, this is not a fiqh board.
    so nobody should post anything to do with fiqh?
    Request to be deleted

Take a Visit

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, that's not what I meant. On-going debates about fiqh should not go on.

This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources. 8% warning

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Moderators of this forum are doing their best to ensure that the rules are being abided by. This means that threads and posts are inevitably going to be deleted, moved, merged or whatever else is seen as necessary; but please bear in mind that it is not an "abuse" or attack on any member.

format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
    Your whole premise is based on this vague notion that this forum does not welcome every sincere who wish to learn more about Islaam. What you're advocating is a discussion group where we discuss and debate with the people who do not adhere to the way of Ahlus Sunnah (such as the Raafis,Qadianis, etc).

In addition, you're holding this perception that we are harsh against individuals who belong to certain groups and sects and for that I have never come across a statement from the staff of this forum where we banned members because they belonged to a different group. Rather, we do not wish to engage in to sectarian discussions and have opened a separate section for that lest fitnah should arise. If you're filled with motivation to engage in sectarian talks, then there are plenty of forums where they allow this type of discussions.

One should understand that this is a forum based on the adherence of the way of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah which is the creed of the companions, their successors and their followers' followers, the four imaams and those who followed them exactly in faith. We do not affliate with any ahzaab, sect, groups or ideologies. Your frustration lies in with the ghulaat who masquerade with the affiliation with the maddhab of the salaf such as salafipublications.

The problem with the lack of unity in the contempary world is due the gross lack of understanding of what Allaah (Exalted is He) has commanded the believers.

Allaah (Exalted is He) did not use the word 'unite' in the aayah:

"And hold fast to the Rope of Allaah and do not be divided", he uses the word 'hold fast' as in clinging to an object which is our 'Aqeedah. Once we hold fast to the 'Aqeedah of Ahlul Sunnah, we can come together and unite. And hence, we are trying to instill the correct 'Aqeedah and fundamentals of this Deen so that the believers are united.
    It isn't about the word "salafi", it is about the authentic teachings of Islaam according to the Qur'an, the Sunnah and the understanding of the foremost generations.

If anyone wishes to receive a more detailed reply as to why their post was deleted, they simply have to pm the Moderator in question. Sometimes it isn't possible to write a full reason in an automated reply or when dozens of other posts are deleted alongside your own.

This is where the problem lies: "without crossing the line". Discussions where people are not observing Islamic etiquettes of respect are unacceptable, and neither are those where people are arguing over detailed issues of Islam that nobody is qualified to discuss. Please bear in mind the following forum rule:

12. This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.

Lastly, we all make mistakes and we are all open to correction, so please forgive and excuse any mistakes we have made.

format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
    Remember that if one detects a hint of harshness from his fellow Muslim, he should give him naseeha for the sake of Allaah and not rebuke him publically and accuse him since these are all basic foundations of manners in Islaam.
    Request to be deleted

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah View Post

I think we might just get more mods to respond to all the posts we have to delete.. seriosly its hard work to delete every single post and give a detailed explanation for it.

Because usually when we delete alot of posts, we delete alot of posts 'together' because 1) We know it will cause more chaos and arguments if we leave it there i.e. if its a sectarian issue, or 2) It's an issue which scholars differ on i.e. whether niqaab is waajib or not for example.

The amount of threads made in a day are alot, and we also have lives aswell init? So we gota sometimes delete alot of things together, and even if we are kids, who else is going to run the place? Most adults usually have a full time job and family to support - so they can't really work full time on the forum anyway.

If the aim of the forum is to teach people the way of Ahlus Sunnah - should we actually allow people to post things which contradict that? If we do - we are blameworthy of it because there are also people on the forum who may not be sure of the answers. So we allow you to PM us for info related to that if you're unsure, we don't stop you from PM'ing to discuss the issue, we just don't want to be blameworthy of allowing something which may cause harm to others viewing it.

Think about it - if we don't follow Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah, who's interpretation do we really follow? Weren't they the most guided people? Again - if you have a response, just PM and we can discuss it inshaa Allaah.

I hope you all understand that we don't get payed for this, and we don't want to cause ourselves and others to be misguided either. So we stick to the original teachings of the 3 best generations of muslims [the sahabah, their students and their students.]

I see what your saying but we wouldn't even be having this discussion if there wasn't a problem with the way most people are being treated.

If the aim of the forum is to teach people the way of Ahlus Sunnah - should we actually allow people to post things which contradict that? If we do - we are blameworthy of it because there are also people on the forum who may not be sure of the answers.
    How do we know it contradicts ahlus sunnah when it is deleted straight away without anybody giving reasosn for or against it? I would much rather see a discussion for a bit and then the mods closing the thread if it gets too out of hand. Atleast i'll be able to make my own view rather then think I'm being dictated against.
    Request to be deleted

Take a Visit

tomtomsmom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Perhaps if more members followed the rules set forth on this board then posts/threads wouldn't need to be deleted or closed. I think the mods are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. We are all human and not one of us are perfect. Cut them some slack and if you have a problem then take it to them in private instead of having an open blame game! It isn't fair to them. They aren't paid for this. If it werent' for our mods this forum wouldn't be here. So lets all try to show a little appreciation. I would like to personally thank each and every one of the mods, super mods, and admins for running this site and giving me a place to learn and ask the dumb questions!!!

Let us all remember the old saying -People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!!!
    Request to be deleted

"The only thing neccesary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - E. Burke

"We have just enough religion to hate but not enough to love one another" -Jonathan Swift

24. Report bad ads?
    siFilam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS View Post
    How do we know it contradicts ahlus sunnah when it is deleted straight away without anybody giving reasosn for or against it? I would much rather see a discussion for a bit and then the mods closing the thread if it gets too out of hand. Atleast i'll be able to make my own view rather then think I'm being dictated against.
    true, y not keep those types of post. instead of just deleting them the mods can add a comment that this is not according to the ways of Ahuls Sunnah.
    To understand whats good you have to know what is the evil.

then again, people with sick motivations will use them to misguide others.

wasalam
    -SI-

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Request to be deleted Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Request to be deleted