star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is not a very welcoming gathering place

Report bad ads?

Joining this site has not yet been a rewarding experience and this is a serious matter because the rewards I seek are noble ones called "Knowledge" and "Understanding"

Some of my posts here have been deleted

Other posts have been moved

Threads I have opened have been closed

I have been accused of having an agenda but the accusers do not say what the agenda is.

The constraints and censorship placed upon me here have not been properly explained and my requests for information on the matter have been "punished" and then ignored.

There has been nothing offensive or inappropriate in my participation on this board and the treatment I have experienced here has been authoritarian and misguided. When people are treated like this they feel roughed up and violated.

This is supposed to be an enlightened place.

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: This is not a very welcoming gathering place

Normally guests who want a warm welcome, they go to reception area and exchange pleasantries, they do not attack beliefs of the host nor do they endeavor to "reform" him, especially trying to play clever and making up statistics to impress. for example attempt to prove that Ramadhan caused accidents and diabetes, or starting thread number umpteenth on already existing topics.

how bright is that?
    Last edited by NoName55; 09-27-2007 at 08:16 PM.

hasbinistal's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No beliefs have been attacked. Just explanations sought. And empirical knowledge shared. If you believe that this is an attack on you then we should talk about it and use reason in a dignified and noble manner. Using intellectual voilence by moving and deleting threads is not acceptable.

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I did read the rules

And then I opened a thread to ask whether the eating of pork was forbidden beause of health reasons or because of spiritual reasons.

The thread was moved and closed

I had broken no rules

My question stands unanswered.

6. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

your question was answered:
    Forbidden to you are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than God; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been eaten by a wild animal; unless you are able to slaughter it; that which is sacrificed on stone; also is the division by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, God is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - This is not a very welcoming gathering place

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

NO!

The question was not answered in the way I had expected.

I already know that there is a prohibition. What I want to know is the reason for it.

Can anybody offer the answer?

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it is forbidden because god says so. end of discussion.
    but since there was nothing else to say on the subject, the thread was closed. so i don't think we need to go over it again here.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - This is not a very welcoming gathering place

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hiiii welcome!!! BE GOOD and read snakelegs post ^^ a few times! if not more

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It strikes me that the messenger was a wise man who asked questions and sought knowledge and reason. Does the messenger not expect this of us too? Are we not expected to strive for this and to question ourselves and out teachers so that we understand fully?

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ask away, sis wasup?

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks,

Have to break my fast right now and people are waiting for me and I'm late already.

I rather hope that the thread is not blocked or deleted before I get back

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by hasbinistal View Post
    NO!

The question was not answered in the way I had expected.

I already know that there is a prohibition. What I want to know is the reason for it.

Can anybody offer the answer?
    quite simply put, it's a garbage can of mother nature that eats anything and everything. Besides, you are what you eat, so do you want to be called a pig?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dawaah/message/347

http://www.webziner.com/islam/whypork.htm

http://www.realtruth.org/articles/263-apt.html

critter fact - This is not a very welcoming gathering place

Pigs don't have sweat glands; they wallow in mud or water to maintain a comfortable body temperature. Wallowing also protects them from sunburn and insect bites. They have been known to wallow in their own urine to keep cool.
    Last edited by islamirama; 09-27-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello,

It strikes me that the messenger was a wise man who asked questions and sought knowledge and reason. Does the messenger not expect this of us too? Are we not expected to strive for this and to question ourselves and out teachers so that we understand fully?
    The last Prophet was indeed that, mashaAllah, salallahu aleyhi waselam.

But see, he didn't question the prohibition of pork. Exact reasons weren't given, but he trusted in God's command. The messenger does expect us to question, so that we will gain knowledge, but it is also expected from us who can't know more than what Allah has shown to us, to trust in God, in whatever situation possible and accept His commands and words as they are explained to us.

Allah knows best of the reasons.

I hope I helped somewhat.. If I said something wrong, then please correct me someone inshaAllah.

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Here is a very simplified answer:

That which is haram (unlawful, forbidden) is such simply because it is harmful.
    Example 1; animals are killed quickly, for food, and not via electrical shocks since this causes MOST pain to the animal, thus is harmful.

Example 2; pig's roll around in their own feacal matter...I sure as heck wouldn't want to eat an animal that rolls around in it's own feacal matter. Feacal matter can cause illnesses - I'd rather die of hunger than dying due to consumption of pig crap, thank you very much.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

18. Report bad ads?
    Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings.

Sister/brother you can't have everything how you want it to be. There's not only you but many more people on site which means PATIENCE!
    Things like these do happen such as 'post deleted', many of mine have been deleted i don't start winging about unless there is a propper reason for why. Just go along with it and in your inbox the post you get saying your post been deleted you delete then p'ms and get over them.
    It's month of Ramdan and muslims are focusing more on Islam instead of useless sections open also the admins/mods are fasting feel sorry for them man!

Just have fun and be happy. After all this is only a site man.

Sowiee if im being narky or something but it's true. so Soz

Peace

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nice answers IslamiRama Al Zaara and AamirSaab, i hope shes happier whe she gets back and see's your replies, she sure hates us

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No beliefs have been attacked. Just explanations sought. And empirical knowledge shared. If you believe that this is an attack on you then we should talk about it and use reason in a dignified and noble manner. Using intellectual voilence by moving and deleting threads is not acceptable.
    what was all this then?
    http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...tml#post834399

When my Muslim friends were complaining about the length of their fast it did occur to me that they had missed one of the main points of Ramadan, which is to experience the hunger of others. I found the complaining distasteful and it showed an inadequacy of spirit.

It is not useful however, to make absolute and concrete statements that there is nothing "...unreasonable AT ALL about fasting.." Such statements are not supported by complete explanations of how the human body maintains its energy supply and the costs of depivation. There are many, many reasons why fasting can also be detrimental to health. I have given three illustrative examples below and all of them apply to healthy people.

1) Lower blood sugar causes tiredness, lack of concentration, irritability etc. Just consider how many extra accidents at work and on the road are being caused by tired and hungry motorists who drive while fasting.

2) Fasting causes raised levels of acid in the stomach and it increases the volume of gastric juices. This can lead to gastric and oesophageal irritation and or/errosion.

3) Fasting followed by feasting causes wide swings in glucose levels. Swinging these levels over extended periods of time has been shown to be a contributing factor to the onset of adult diabetes.

The point I am making is that fasting is not 100% safe and practicable even for healthy people. For those of us living in the North or South, far from the equator, the negative effects become more apparent because the fast is longer. We must consider whether the prophet would have found this unreasonable.

For this reason, Muslims should consider effecting a flexible and balanced approach to the fast while maintaining a duty to carry the spirit of Ramadan through the reaches of the Earth We must remember the original reasons for the fast but we should remember that this tradition was given to the people of Mecca and Medina in the time of the first believers and before there were Muslims dispersed through the World.

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was the one who deleted and moved most of the posts in question. I will gladly answer any questions about my reasons through PMs..

This thread will be closed as soon as I know the OP has read this post.
    I can be reached by PM simply by clicking on my name and clicking send Personal Message.

Herman 1 - This is not a very welcoming gathering place

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

Here is a very simplified answer:

That which is haram (unlawful, forbidden) is such simply because it is harmful.
    Example 1; animals are killed quickly, for food, and not via electrical shocks since this causes MOST pain to the animal, thus is harmful.

Example 2; pig's roll around in their own feacal matter...I sure as heck wouldn't want to eat an animal that rolls around in it's own feacal matter. Faecal matter can cause illnesses - I'd rather die of hunger than dying due to consumption of pig crap, thank you very much.

I bet you have not been near a farm then, we had a few buffalos for milk and around a hundred free range hens for a few decades.

they were both as filthy as swine, buffalos liked to mud bathe in their own urine and excreta, and had to be scrubbed clean before milkin, and the chickens feasted on the mush that was made by the buffalos, as well as feasted on one another by taking chunks, also hunted pond frogs and small rodents.

my one question still remains unanswered;

why were Israelis prohibited more things than us (they were banned camel, some fats and many other things including a lot of seafood)?

Sr. snakelegs asked; what if tomorrow some doctor was to discover that pig is healthier (to eat than salmonella laden poultry, TB ridden cattle, scabied sheep) what are you going to do?
    I'd rather die of hunger than dying due to consumption of pig crap
    the only problem with that is that it would be suicide a far bigger offense

If My God says: do not do something, I obey and do not start an investigation in to His reasons, I just do it and spend time on more fruitful endeavours, rather than waste it needlessly since Allah most high knows better
    Last edited by NoName55; 09-28-2007 at 01:30 AM.

24. Report bad ads?
    believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I did read the rules

And then I opened a thread to ask whether the eating of pork was forbidden beause of health reasons or because of spiritual reasons.

The thread was moved and closed

I had broken no rules

My question stands unanswered.
    Peace!

I hope I can answer your question...

First of all, God knows better what is good for man and what is bad for man. If God says so, then it is supposed to be right... however, Man was given the gift of free will and the gift of intellect.

Just recently, Scientific findings proved that there are worms in Pigs Meat that cannot be seen by the naked eye... (close to invisible) and these worms cannot die by normal cooking... as if it is immuned to high temperatures. Not only are these worms found in PIgs... it is also found on Dogs, and most Fanged and Clawed Creatures. (I believe - this is the answer why...)

The prime reason why it's prohibited is due to the ill effects it can give to the human body. Now, if the human body is sick - naturally, the spiritual body is affected.

It's really difficult to pray when one is sick. I remembered one time I had an excruciating headache - I would rather go to sleep than pray DZHUR salah.

I believe there is nothing supernatural about it... but it is actually a practical thing to avoid these foods that the Bible and the Qur'an recommended us to avoid.

In case of emergency by the way, you may eat pork... if it's a matter of survival. But eating it out of whim or pleasure would violate one's effort to purify one's soul... another effect would be that...

Eating pork/pig also makes one more sexually active... - also bad for the spirit.

I hope this answered your question. :-)

La illaha illalah
    45: Surah-al-Jahtiyah
    verse 20: "This Qur'an is a Clear Proof and Evidence for Mankind and a Guidance and Mercy for a people who have faith with certainty.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! This is not a very welcoming gathering place Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. This is not a very welcoming gathering place