× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 27 visibility 7480

Reciting Allah's (swt) 99 names XX times?

kh@led's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Reciting Allah's (swt) 99 names XX times?

Report bad ads?

Many times I hear that if you are in any trouble or want to achieve someting etc. , you can recite a specific name of Allah (swt) a specific number of times so that your wish may be fulfilled. For example
    Al-Waaris اَلْوَارِثُ - If this name is repeated 100 times at sunrise, protection will be given against all sorrows, grief, hardships and calamities. Moreover the reader will die as a Mu’min – Insha-Allah. Anyone who desires to be safeguarded against perplexities, perturbations and disturbances should repeat this name 1,000 times between Maghrib and Isha
    How authentic are these kinda information? Are there any basis or reliable source in Islam for these kinda information?

Jazakallah Khair

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Reciting Allah's (swt) 99 names XX times?

Yeh I would like to know this as well please.

Angelzz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wa alaykum salam akhi,

If I am understanding you correctly in what you are asking - I dont believe there is a islamic basis but allahu allam -- it does sound however something similar to what the shia do/have though.

Also I have heard similar to what you are saying but it is used by people involving haram and jinns but again allahu allam.

I may be wrong and may allah swt forgive me for my mistakes.

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May i further add just to clarify though -- there is nothing wrong in using the 99 names of allah swt and using them to appeal to Him via dua and that name ---- the confusion and maybe misguidance of some comes in the repetition of a particular name so mnay times -- where there is no basis for it islamically (and that is where i do not know if any exist - however in my personal readings of islam I have not come across this allahu allam)

6. Report bad ads?
    Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yes i have a book at home which says the same thing.read this name this many times/doing this or at this time....and hey presto,u will have what u want.
    i am very disappointed that all my wishes cant be granted so easily lol

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi

brightness_1
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sis what is the name of the book and who wrote it ?

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeah, i was given a book like that. whats your one called

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

take a wild wild guess

the 99 names of Allah

lol.cnt remember who its by??

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When in doubt, google it

12. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat View Post
    take a wild wild guess

the 99 names of Allah

lol.cnt remember who its by??

lol...i dont know either, it didnt say. but it was published by al-idara.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

brightness_1
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well cant advise much if we dont know the author than can we -- however generally speaking --- investigate your books and their sources thoroughly brothers and sisters before belieiving what is in them ---- DONT TAKE UR ISLAM from just ANYWHERE AND FROM JUST ANYONE.

Please be careful my dearest brothers and sisters.

brightness_1
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmmm sis im not too keen on this source

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Specifying a number of times to recite dhikr or du’aa’ that is not narrated in sharee’ah
    Question:
    What are the basis of using such du'a as Ya lADIFU 29 TIMES Ya Qahharu 306 times, Hasbunallahu wa ni'imal wakeel 450 times e.t.c,how right or how wrong is it to use them because i didn't find any verse of the Qur'an or Hadith that supports their use.
    Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no sound (saheeh) basis for reciting these adhkaar the number of times mentioned in the question. These numbers are usually stated by some of the innovators, most of whom are Sufis, who describe adhkaar and the number of times they are to be repeated, making that up themselves; they say whoever recites such and such will get such and such benefits and protection, and whoever recites such and such a word will get such and such a reward.

Of course, these are matters which can only be known through wahy (revelation). So the basic principle in this case is that dhikr and du’aa’s are of two types:
    1 – Adhkaar which were narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, to be recited at a certain time, in a certain place or in certain circumstances. This type should be recited as prescribed, at the appropriate time, or in the appropriate circumstances or place, with the correct words or posture, without adding anything or taking anything away.

2 – All dhikr or du’aa’ in general that is not connected to certain times or places. These fall into two categories:
    (i) Those which were narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so they should be recited in the wording that he used. They should not be connected to any particular time or place, and they should not be connected to a specific number of times to be recited.

(ii) Those which were not narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), rather the person makes them up himself, or they were narrated from the salaf. It is permissible to say such words so long as five conditions are met:
    1- He should choose the best and clearest words, for he is conversing with his Lord and God.
    2- The words should be of an appropriate style.
    3- The du’aa’ should be free of anything that is forbidden in Islam, e.g. it should involve any element of seeking help from anything other than Allaah, and so on.
    4- It should be of the general kind of dhikr and du’aa’, not connected to a particular time, place or circumstances.
    5- It should not be taken as a regular practice.
    Adapted from Tasheeh al-Du’aa’ by Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd (p. 42)

Based on the above, the words mentioned in the question are phrases that are narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, but saying that they must be repeated this number of times is an innovated matter which should not be followed. Rather we should mention them during our du’aa’s and address Allaah by all His beautiful names, without singling out some names or stating that they should be recited a certain number of times or at certain times, making that up ourselves. We should adhere to what was narrated in sharee’ah concerning certain times, places or situations connected to a particular du’aa’; if no such details were narrated in sharee’ah then we should not make them up ourselves because that is encroaching upon the rights of Prophethood.

And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=22457&ln=eng

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl

brightness_1
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah khair akhi for posting that

18. Report bad ads?
    Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh bro 'Ubaydullah,

Specifying a number of times to recite dhikr or du’aa’
    (ii) It is permissible to say such words so long as five conditions are met:
    5- It should not be taken as a regular practice.
    Allah's messenger (salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) said: "the best loved deeds to allah are the ones that are continuous even if they are not very many."

Huh is that a contradictions or am i seeing things?

And I believe thats for dhikr and du'a and more:

“… ‘My slave keeps drawing nearer to me with naafil (supererogatory) deeds until I love him.’” (Sahih al-Bukhari)

The phrase maa yazaalu 'keeps (drawing near' gives the impression of continuity. (Hadith Qudsi)

Indeed, when the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) did something, he kept it up (Muslim)

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat View Post
    AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh bro 'Ubaydullah,

Allah's messenger (salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) said: "the best loved deeds to allah are the ones that are continuous even if they are not very many."

Huh is that a contradictions or am i seeing things?

And I believe thats for dhikr and du'a and more:

“… ‘My slave keeps drawing nearer to me with naafil (supererogatory) deeds until I love him.’” (Sahih al-Bukhari)

The phrase maa yazaalu 'keeps (drawing near' gives the impression of continuity. (Hadith Qudsi)

Indeed, when the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasalam) did something, he kept it up (Muslim)

Allaahu Alam, I am not the one who wrote the fatwa. However, I don't see a contradiction between those hadith and what was stated in the fatwa, because the Shaykh, may Allaah have mercy upon him, says what you have quoted under this heading:
    (ii) Those which were not narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), rather the person makes them up himself, or they were narrated from the salaf.
    The "such words" is referring to duas or adhkar one makes up himself or they were from the salaf, but not from the Prophet - i.e. they are not a sunnah per say. Allahu Alam.

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah View Post

Allaahu Alam, I am not the one who wrote the fatwa. However, I don't see a contradiction between those hadith and what was stated in the fatwa, because the Shaykh, may Allaah have mercy upon him, says what you have quoted under this heading:
    (ii) Those which were not narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), rather the person makes them up himself, or they were narrated from the salaf.
    The "such words" is referring to duas or adhkar one makes up himself or they were from the salaf, but not from the Prophet - i.e. they are not a sunnah per say. Allahu Alam.
    AslamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

I thought i read, 'I am not the only one who wrote the fatwa', was getting worried,

Anyhow, what is Adhkar?, sorry am really stupid,

But I get it now, jazakAllah khair.

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Adhkaar is plural for dhikr, if I'm not mistaken.

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

so saying Subahanallah 33 times and alhumdillah 33 times and allahuakbar 33 times (which adds to 99) is wrong - because it's a set number of times?
    what about tasbih? some do it on their fingers - is that wrong also?
    i can see that it is superstitious to believe that if you say anything a specific number of times you will get such and such a result, but it's wrong even if not done with that intent?
    it seems like the problem would be with superstitious beliefs and not with the specific number itself, but the problem is that it is not sunnah?

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Reciting Allah's (swt) 99 names XX times?

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

so saying Subahanallah 33 times and alhumdillah 33 times and allahuakbar 33 times (which adds to 99) is wrong
    Subahanallah is a meaningfull phrase as are alhumdillah and allahuakbar and are not same as repeating a name endlessly.

Book 4. Prayer.
    Hadith 1239. (Sahi Muslim)

cant talk about prayer beads for fear of being "punished" for talking "sects"
    Last edited by NoName55; 11-30-2007 at 10:43 PM.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Reciting Allah's (swt) 99 names XX times? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Reciting Allah's (swt) 99 names XX times?