× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1254

Teddy row teacher may head to China

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Teddy row teacher Gillian Gibbons has told a magazine she is hoping to secure a job in China.

The primary school teacher, who was jailed in Sudan for insulting Islam when she allowed her pupils to name a teddy Mohammed, has told Hello! she hopes nobody there will have heard of her.

Mrs Gibbons, 54, from Aigburth, Liverpool, said: "I've been to China on holiday before and loved it. I know I'm the most notorious teacher in the world at the moment, but I'm hoping that perhaps no one has heard of me there."

She added: "I'm driven to follow my dream of teaching abroad again."

The divorced mother-of-two was spared a flogging after a seven-hour trial at which she was sentenced to 15 days in jail.

After eight days she was pardoned when two British Muslim peers flew to the Sudanese capital, Khartoum, to champion her cause.

Her treatment caused international outrage, with British Muslim groups describing her treatment as excessive.

She has revealed that her passport is stamped "Deportee" and that she would like to return to an Islamic country at some point.

In the four-page interview, Mrs Gibbons thanked the peers, Lord Ahmed and Baroness Warsi, describing their efforts as 'brilliant'.

She also said she had been overwhelmed by support from British and Sudanese Muslims.

Source

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Teddy row teacher may head to China

Cool.

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.
    {6:114}

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

According to the article, Miss Gibbons said, ".....she would like to return to an Islamic country at some point"

This was apparently taken out of context. What she really said was "she would like to return to an Islamic country at some point as an ammunition handler or gunner with the Royal Horse Artillery or possibly as a back-seater on a Tornado"
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

;d ;d hmmmp - smilies didn't work - ROFL

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Teddy row teacher may head to China
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Teddy row teacher may head to China Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Teddy row teacher may head to China