× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 37 visibility 5712

Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Barack Obama is stepping up his effort to correct the misconception that he's a Muslim - now that the presidential campaign has hit the Christian Bible Belt.

The Democrat has also confronted "troubling" comments from ex-President Bill Clinton - the husband of rival Hillary.

As he kicked off a week-long campaign for the South Carolina primary, Mr Obama referred to a libellous chain email about his background.

It suggests he is hiding his Islamic roots and may be a terrorist in disguise, adding he was sworn into the Senate on the Koran and turns his back on the flag during loyal oaths.

"I've been to the same church, the same Christian church, for almost 20 years," Mr Obama told supporters - stressing the word Christian.

"I was sworn in with my hand on the family Bible. Whenever I'm in the United States Senate, I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.

"So if you get some silly e-mail - send it back to whoever sent it and tell them this is all crazy. Educate."

There are some truths in the e-mail's details. His middle name is Hussein and his father and stepfather were Muslim.

He spent part of his childhood in Muslim Indonesia but attended secular and Catholic schools.

Mr Obama has also gone on the attack over criticisms levelled at him by Mr Clinton.

"You know the former president, who I think all of us have a lot of regard for, has taken his advocacy on behalf of his wife to a level that I think is pretty troubling," Mr Obama told the ABC network.

Mr Clinton recently said Obama's early opposition to the Iraq war was "a fairy tale" and said his union backers in Nevada were suppressing the vote of Clinton supporters.

"This has become a habit," Mr Obama added.

"And one of the things that we're going to have to do is to directly confront Bill Clinton when he's making statements that are not factually accurate."

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

2. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim

I hope to God Dr. Ron paul wins, but they won't even give him airtime...

080507page - Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim

Now Yahoo! Censor Popular Support For Ron Paul
    ABC forced to address Texas Congressman's campaign, but remain silent on why they scrubbed him from online poll
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Yahoo! News have become the latest establishment media outlet to ignore and censor Ron Paul's presidential campaign, despite the fact that he won Thursday night's GOP debate hands down, according to an overwhelming majority that voted for him in online polls.

Yahoo! News' 2008 Presidential election coverage page features a list of candidates from both Democrat and Republican parties, but fails to list Ron Paul, despite the fact that he easily trounced the likes of Sam Brownback, Mike Huckabee and Duncan Hunter - who are featured, in every online poll since Thursday's debate.

No room for Ron Paul at Yahoo! Only establishment shill Republicrats and Democons allowed.

MySpace users are also claiming that bulletins expressing support for Ron Paul are being blocked and that prominent supporters of Paul's campaign are having their accounts suspended.

ABC News were swamped with furious e mails and calls over the weekend after they deliberately scrubbed Ron Paul from their online poll, ensuring no one could vote for him. After he was reinstated, the Congressman received thousands of votes and won the poll at a canter.

In a simpering puff piece released last night, ABC News correspondent Rick Klein claims that Paul's popularity is not reflected nationwide and is merely the result of "viral marketing" on behalf of the Congressman's online supporters.

Apologists for the establishment press have tried to argue that popular support for Ron Paul is skewed by activist voting, but the fact remains that Paul had topped the MSNBC online vote before it had even been widely publicized, as Keith Olbermann stated during live coverage of the debate.

If we accept this to be the case are we to then assume that Giuliani, Romney and the other gaggle of shill candidates don't have any online support? If so, who is going to vote for them? Do Giuliani and McCain supporters not have access to the Internet?

Klein also erroneously claims that Paul's online votes in the MSNBC poll were artificially inflated because users were voting multiple times. This isn't possible, since the website only affords one vote to one IP address - there is no option to vote again if you have already voted. Klein obviously didn't even bother to check whether his statement was correct before including it in the article.

The fact that ABC deliberately tried to censor Paul by not including him in the original poll is not addressed in the article.

What we are witnessing is a deliberate effort to poo-poo Ron Paul's chances to ensure that he has no chance - this is a chicken and egg scenario. If Ron Paul was afforded as much coverage as Giuliani and Romney he would have a real shot of becoming President - but the military-industrial complex that owns the media are loathe to allow that because Paul is a true anti-war Jeffersonian paleoconservative and he represents the people.

We couldn't possibly have a President that represented the people now could we! Only a compromised slimeball shill pre-approved and selected by the anointed ones and their mouthpiece hacks in the corporate media.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...ahoocensor.htm

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim

sudais1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ron Paul is the way to go.

I'm not a fan of Obama. He said he would attack and bomb pakistan

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1 View Post

America can't afford to attack any more countries...
    it needs to concentrate on its internal affairs and troubles..

Usually the most non WASP candidates are the worst.. they try so hard to brown nose anyone who'll listen and are still rejects..

I never took an interest to vote before, but I think this year I am gonna go down with the gals and hopefully make things slightly askew..

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim

6. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

nobody halfway decent has a chance. they don't get the coverage or the mega-bucks needed to buy office.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim

MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm personally voting for Obama as I think he's the only one who could do anything about the state of this country.

I'm sorry I don't trust Ron Paul especially after the news of him taking money from some racist group. I'll have to dig up that article.

Nevermind here's a link.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/...l.newsletters/
    Last edited by MartyrX; 01-25-2008 at 03:46 AM. Reason: adding a link

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thanks for the link, but it smells like a smear campaign - the powers that be must be getting worried?

question authority

BlackMamba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is a letter that Obama wrote about his Muslim heritage. Even if hes not Muslim he still knows about them and respects them. Here is his letter:

There has been a lot made in the recent weeks about the Muslim history of my family. Some of the things that have been said are true, others are false, so I am writing this letter to clear up the misunderstandings on this issue.

Yes, it is true that I have a name that is common amongst Kenyan Muslims where my father came from and that my middle name is Hussein. Barack is a name which means "blessing" and Hussein is a masculine form of the word beauty. Since there is nothing inherently wrong with the concept of blessings from God and the beauty He creates I fail to see the problem with these names. Some will say wouldn't it be a problem to have a president with a name similar to the deposed and executed former dictator of Iraq? My answer to this is simply no; rather it is the strength and beauty of America that the son of an African man with a "funny sounding" name, born under British Colonial Rule, can now be a serious candidate for the presidency of the United States.

My father was a Muslim and although I did not know him well the religion of my father and his family was always something I had an interest in. This interest became more intense when my mother married an Indonesian Muslim man and as a small child I lived in Indonesia and attended school alongside Muslim pupils. I saw their parents dutifully observing the daily prayers, the mothers covered in the Muslim hijab, the atmosphere of the school change during Ramadan, and the festiveness of the Eid celebrations.

The man my mother was married to was not particularly religious; but he would attend the mosque on occasion, and had copies of the Quran in different languages in the home, and books of the sayings and life of the Prophet Muhammad. From time to time he would quote Islamic phrases such as "no one truly believes until he wants for his brother what he wants for himself", "oppression is worse than slaughter", and "all humans are equal the only difference comes from our deeds".

Growing up in Hawaii with my mother and her grandparents Islam largely escaped my mind. My mother installed in me the values of humanism and I did not grow-up in a home were religion was taught.

It was later while I attended college at Columbia University and Harvard Law that I became reacquainted with Muslims as both schools had large Muslims student populations. Some of them were my friends and many came from countries that our nation now has hostile relations with. The background I had from my early childhood in Indonesia helped me get to know them and learn from them and to me Muslims are not to be looked upon as something strange. In my experiences up until college a Muslim was no less exotic to me than a Mormon, a Jew, or a Jehovah's Witness.

After college I settled in my adopted hometown of Chicago and lived on the South Side and worked as a community organizer. Chicago has one of the largest Muslim populations in America (estimated to be around 300,000) and Muslims make-up some of the most productive citizens in the area. I met countless numbers of Muslims in my job as an organizer and later on in my early political career. I ate in their homes, played with their kids, and looked at them as friends and peers and sought their advice.

Therefore, when the tragic terrorist attacks of 9-11 occurred I was deeply saddened with the rest of America , and I wanted justice for the victims of this horrific attack, but I did not blame all Muslims or the religion of Islam. From my experience I knew the good character of most Muslims and the value that they bring to America. Many, who did not personally know Muslims, indicted the entire religion for the bad actions of a few; my experience taught me that this was something foolish and unwise.

Later I had the chance to visit the homeland of my father and meet Muslim relatives of my including my grandmother. I found that these were people who wanted the same things out of life as people right here in America and worked hard, strive to make a better way for their children, and prayed to God to grant them success.

This is what I will bring to the office of the Presidency of the United States. I will deal with Muslims from a position of familiarity and respect and at this time in the history of our nation that is something sorely needed.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

in theory, obama should be more aware that there is a whole world Out There beyond our borders.
    in reality, i don't find him different enough than clinton, tho between the 2, i think he is the better.

question authority

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1 View Post

that'd be start of end of USA, InshAllah.

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia View Post
    I hope to God Dr. Ron paul wins, but they won't even give him airtime...
    u urself gave pics of all & didn't put Dr.Ron's photo & still expect media to give him airtime!!!

I heard him & found him "Mind ur own business" type of guy.
    Like chinese mind their own business, US should also stop poking her finger into other's affairs.

Ronpaul1 1 - Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim
    Last edited by sur; 01-25-2008 at 07:45 AM.

E'jaazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why would any muslim vote for paul or obama? Why would you vote for someone who is going to legislate by other than what Allah has ordained? Why would you even vote for those who don't believe in Allah?

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sur View Post
    u urself gave pics of all & didn't put Dr.Ron's photo & still expect media to give him airtime!!!
    that is part of the article, how they excluded him, I assure you not my doing.. click on the link..

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by E'jaazi View Post
    Why would any muslim vote for paul or obama? Why would you vote for someone who is going to legislate by other than what Allah has ordained? Why would you even vote for those who don't believe in Allah?
    coz they r part of that country & they'd definitely try to elect a person that can be best for them.

since they don't have a muslim candidate so they'll have to choose from available lot.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

check this out
    http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...tml#post507348

question authority

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Because in the United States you will probably have no choice, it is not a muslim country. If you choose not to vote for anybody you have absolutely no justification in criticizing what whoever actually gets elected might decide to do.

E'jaazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    Because in the United States you will probably have no choice, it is not a muslim country. If you choose not to vote for anybody you have absolutely no justification in criticizing what whoever actually gets elected might decide to do.
    No matter who gets in, they won't do anything according to the Qu'ran and the Sunnah. Therefore, it doesn't make a difference. Also, none of them are going to do anything for the Muslims or for the spread of Islam.

mizan_aliashraf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Who cares what his middle name is. You are a Muslim by nature, not by name.
    Last edited by aamirsaab; 01-25-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Easy now.

O Allah, Lord of Jibreel, Mika'eel and Israfeel. Creator of the Heavens and Earth. It is You who commands on the worshippers according to what You have decided. Guide us to the truth by your mercy. Surely. You guide whom You will to the Straight Path.

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why would you even vote for those who don't believe in Allah?
    What do you suggest then?

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!

24. Report bad ads?
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No matter who gets in, they won't do anything according to the Qu'ran and the Sunnah. Therefore, it doesn't make a difference. Also, none of them are going to do anything for the Muslims or for the spread of Islam.
    That's because it's a Christian country. Would you expect them to spread Christianity in Qatar, even tough it's a Muslim country? I think not. It's the same concept.

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim