veryconfusedperson
New member
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Gender
- Female
- Religion
- Islam
I know there is a Hadith that says:
"I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. "
Women already suffer so much in this life. We are the first a majority of victims of abuse, sexual assault, rape, exploitation, discrimination, and in many parts of the world, even the loss of basic rights. I’m not saying men don’t suffer because they absolutely do, but women and girls are often among the first and most vulnerable victims of certain forms of violence and oppression.
Because of this, you would think that after enduring so much suffering in this life, there would be some form of ultimate justice and compensation in the hereafter. What I struggle with is the hadith stating that women make up the majority of the inhabitants of Hell. So not only are we suffering in this life but in the next we are the majority of hell. How could a just and merciful God do that?
I mean no disrespect, this is something I really just need some clarification on sorry.
"I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. "
Women already suffer so much in this life. We are the first a majority of victims of abuse, sexual assault, rape, exploitation, discrimination, and in many parts of the world, even the loss of basic rights. I’m not saying men don’t suffer because they absolutely do, but women and girls are often among the first and most vulnerable victims of certain forms of violence and oppression.
Because of this, you would think that after enduring so much suffering in this life, there would be some form of ultimate justice and compensation in the hereafter. What I struggle with is the hadith stating that women make up the majority of the inhabitants of Hell. So not only are we suffering in this life but in the next we are the majority of hell. How could a just and merciful God do that?
I mean no disrespect, this is something I really just need some clarification on sorry.