× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 17 of 17 visibility 1383
  1. #1
    taha_'s Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    820
    Threads
    79
    Rep Power
    10
    Rep Ratio
    17
    Likes Ratio
    41

    some common shirk committed by people

    Report bad ads?

    Some common shirk committed by people.

    Shirk is greatest sin, and Allah said He will never forgive it on Day of Judgement. Shirk can be only forgiven when one repents sincerely while alive in this world and never commit it again.


    Unfortunately due to lack of islamic education and deep love for forefathers, some ignorant people commit shirks. It is quite common in Pakistan, India and other.

    Some of such shirk are

    Grave worshipping.

    This is one of the most common act, yet it is major shirk. There are many people who come to visit graves, and instead of following sunnah which is to remind themselves about death, they end up seeking the help of deceased. This puts one out of Islam.

    Not only that act, they also exaggerate these graves by building over them, which is absolutely forbidden, according to ahadith.

    Hadith

    حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مَسْلَمَةَ، عَنْ مَالِكٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ سَعِيدِ بْنِ الْمُسَيَّبِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏

    ‏ قَاتَلَ اللَّهُ الْيَهُودَ اتَّخَذُوا قُبُورَ أَنْبِيَائِهِمْ مَسَاجِدَ ‏"
    ‏‏
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

    Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "May Allah's curse be on the Jews for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets."

    Sahih al-Bukhari 437
    In-book : Book 8, Hadith 86
    USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 1, Book 8, Hadith 428 (deprecated)
    Sahih Bukhari

    Hadith

    حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ هِشَامٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي أَبِي، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّ أُمَّ حَبِيبَةَ، وَأُمَّ سَلَمَةَ ذَكَرَتَا كَنِيسَةً رَأَيْنَهَا بِالْحَبَشَةِ فِيهَا تَصَاوِيرُ، فَذَكَرَتَا لِلنَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ ‏

    ‏ إِنَّ أُولَئِكَ إِذَا كَانَ فِيهِمُ الرَّجُلُ الصَّالِحُ فَمَاتَ بَنَوْا عَلَى قَبْرِهِ مَسْجِدًا، وَصَوَّرُوا فِيهِ تِلْكَ الصُّوَرَ، فَأُولَئِكَ شِرَارُ الْخَلْقِ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ‏"

    ‏‏‏
    Narrated `Aisha:

    Um Habiba and Um Salama mentioned about a church they had seen in Ethiopia in which there were pictures. They told the Prophet (ﷺ) about it, on which he said, "If any religious man dies amongst those people they would build a place of worship at his grave and make these pictures in it. They will be the worst creature in the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection."



    Sahih al-Bukhari 427
    In-book : Book 8, Hadith 77
    USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 1, Book 8, Hadith 419 (deprecated)
    Sahih Bukhari

    Hadith

    حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ مَهْدِيٍّ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ حَبِيبِ بْنِ أَبِي ثَابِتٍ، عَنْ أَبِي وَائِلٍ، أَنَّ عَلِيًّا، قَالَ لأَبِي الْهَيَّاجِ الأَسَدِيِّ أَبْعَثُكَ عَلَى مَا بَعَثَنِي بِهِ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏

    ‏ أَنْ لاَ تَدَعَ قَبْرًا مُشْرِفًا إِلاَّ سَوَّيْتَهُ وَلاَ تِمْثَالاً إِلاَّ طَمَسْتَهُ ‏"

    ‏ ‏‏ قَالَ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ ‏‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى حَدِيثُ عَلِيٍّ حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ ‏‏ وَالْعَمَلُ عَلَى هَذَا عِنْدَ بَعْضِ أَهْلِ الْعِلْمِ يَكْرَهُونَ أَنْ يُرْفَعَ الْقَبْرُ فَوْقَ الأَرْضِ ‏‏ قَالَ الشَّافِعِيُّ أَكْرَهُ أَنْ يُرْفَعَ الْقَبْرُ إِلاَّ بِقَدْرِ مَا يُعْرَفُ أَنَّهُ قَبْرٌ لِكَيْلاَ يُوطَأَ وَلاَ يُجْلَسَ عَلَيْهِ ‏‏


    Abu Wa'il narrated:

    "Ali said to Abu Al-Hayyaj Al-Asadi: 'I am dispatching you with what the Prophet dispatched me: "That you not leave an elevated grave without leveling it, nor an image without erasing it."

    Sahih (Darussalam)

    Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1049
    In-book : Book 10, Hadith 85
    English translation : Vol. 2, Book 5, Hadith 1049
    Jamiat Tirmidhi


    Therefore, one should never worship graves.


    When we recite surah fatiha. We come across verse "You we ask for help". If we reflect on tgis carefully, it says that whenever problem we face, we should seek help of Allah only and not graves.


    Seeking help from prophets when thdy already have passed away is also forbidden.



    Amulets.

    This is common in areas where there are no islamic scholars who are from correct path, or islamic education such as villages. Due to the deep love of their idiot forefathers, they follow their moronic cultures such as wearing amulet for protection from evil eyes, or making children wear it.

    This is all shirk. Allah's Protection is sought only. He is controller of everything.

    At-Taubah 9:51

    قُل لَّن يُصِيبَنَآ إِلَّا مَا كَتَبَ ٱللَّهُ لَنَا هُوَ مَوْلَىٰنَاۚ وَعَلَى ٱللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ ٱلْمُؤْمِنُونَ


    Say, "Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector." And upon Allah let the believers rely.

    Hadith

    أَخْبَرَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سَلَمَةَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، عَنْ حَيْوَةَ بْنِ شُرَيْحٍ، وَذَكَرَ، آخَرَ قَبْلَهُ عَنْ عَيَّاشِ بْنِ عَبَّاسٍ الْقِتْبَانِيِّ، أَنَّ شُيَيْمَ بْنَ بَيْتَانَ، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّهُ، سَمِعَ رُوَيْفِعَ بْنَ ثَابِتٍ، يَقُولُ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏

    ‏ يَا رُوَيْفِعُ لَعَلَّ الْحَيَاةَ سَتَطُولُ بِكَ بَعْدِي فَأَخْبِرِ النَّاسَ أَنَّهُ مَنْ عَقَدَ لِحْيَتَهُ أَوْ تَقَلَّدَ وَتَرًا أَوِ اسْتَنْجَى بِرَجِيعِ دَابَّةٍ أَوْ عَظْمٍ فَإِنَّ مُحَمَّدًا بَرِيءٌ مِنْهُ ‏"


    ‏ ‏‏

    Ruwaifi' bin Thabit said:

    "The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'O Ruwaifi', you may live for a long time after me, so tell the people that whoever ties up his beard, or twists it, or hangs an amulet, or cleans himself (after relieving himself) with animal dung or bones, Muhammad has nothing to do with him.'"

    Sahih (Darussalam)

    Sunan an-Nasa'i 5067
    In-book : Book 48, Hadith 28
    English translation : Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 5070
    Sunan an-Nasai


    May Allah protect us from all form of shirk.
    Last edited by taha_; 01-18-2021 at 05:48 AM.
    some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Quote

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Abrars's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    96
    Threads
    19
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    13
    Likes Ratio
    37

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    The biggest Shirk that we ALL Muslims are doing is by obeying our Imams ( Mawlana, Mufti , Imams etc.) and leaving behind the Qur'an . Shia follow their own Imams , Sunni do the same , Ahmaddi and Bahahi all do the same . We repeat after the Jews as warned in Qur'an 9:31 :

    اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَـرَهُمْ وَرُهْبَـنَهُمْ أَرْبَاباً مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَالْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah, and the Messiah, son of Maryam) 9:31.

    Imam Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Jarir At-Tabari recorded a Hadith via several chains of narration, from `Adi bin Hatim, may Allah be pleased with him, who became Christian during the time of Jahiliyyah. When the call of the Messenger of Allah reached his area, `Adi ran away to Ash-Sham, and his sister and several of his people were captured. The Messenger of Allah freed his sister and gave her gifts. So she went to her brother and encouraged him to become Muslim and to go to the Messenger of Allah. `Adi, who was one of the chiefs of his people (the tribe of Tai') and whose father, Hatim At-Ta'i, was known for his generosity, went to Al-Madinah. When the people announced his arrival, `Adi went to the Messenger of Allah wearing a silver cross around his neck.

    The Messenger of Allah recited this Ayah;اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَـرَهُمْ وَرُهْبَـنَهُمْ أَرْبَاباً مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah). `Adi commented, "I said, `They did not worship them.''' The Prophet said,«بَلَى إِنَّهُمْ حَرَّمُوا عَلَيْهِمُ الْحَلَالَ وَأَحَلُّوا لَهُمُ الْحَرَامَ فَاتَّبَعُوهُمْ فَذَلِكَ عِبَادَتُهُمْ إِيَّاهُم»(Yes they did. They (rabbis and monks) prohibited the allowed for them (Christians and Jews) and allowed the prohibited, and they obeyed them.

    Tafsir Ibn Kathir .
    https://quranx.com/tafsirs/9.31
    Last edited by Abrars; 01-18-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Quote

  4. #3
    Ümit's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    930
    Threads
    10
    Rep Power
    22
    Rep Ratio
    43
    Likes Ratio
    64

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    I assume you are a wahabi or a salafi muslim.

    What really bugs me is that appearantly everybody here exactly knows which group is committing shirk, which group is kuffar and which group isn't.
    You claim that sunnis committing shirk because they obey their imams and leaders. and you are trying to back your claim up with a hadeeth about Muhammed (sas) who said that referring to jews and christians.

    However there is a quraan text who goes as followed:

    O you who have faith! Obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those vested with authority among you.1159

    Now of course muftis and ulamas can give false fatwas. they are only humans...they are not even prophets. One can assume that muftis and ulamas who are known with their knowledge and trustworthyness that the mistakes they make is not on purpose and not to mislead everyone.

    The second thing I want to point out is that a lot of people here have the opinion that everybody needs a sheikch in order to understand Islaam.
    Especially the Quraan has such deep hidden meanings of the verses that the common layman cannot comprehend. so appearantly he always need to seek the opinion of his sheikch.

    So, which one is the correct way?
    can we interpret the Quraan and hadeeth by ourselves or do we need to ask an alim about it?
    And should we obey this ulama or should we stick to what we know?

    If you ask me, neither of the two.
    We can interpret the Quraan and hadeeth for ourselves partially, either just like that or by using tafsirs.
    The part we cannot interpret, we can always ask our imam or sheikch and ask for evidence.
    The people who cannot comprehend the evidence, just obey the opinion of the sheikch,
    The ones who can, should check the validity of the sheikchs answer and not follow blindly.

    Again, the imam or sheikch is only a human and can make mistakes.

    Quote Quote

  5. #4
    Flos's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    6
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    76

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    There are so many other hidden shirks no one speaks about.

    For men it's being ultras football club fan. If you hear their songs, it's pure worship of the club.

    Being obsessed by anything and believing or acting as if anything besides Allah has any power is shirk. This could be anything. Example: very typical among Muslims is believing that Jinns have power. You constantly doing ruqyah but still having troubles. Reason - Allah leaves us to what we believe.
    Quote Quote

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Ümit's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    930
    Threads
    10
    Rep Power
    22
    Rep Ratio
    43
    Likes Ratio
    64

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Flos View Post
    There are so many other hidden shirks no one speaks about.

    For men it's being ultras football club fan. If you hear their songs, it's pure worship of the club.

    Being obsessed by anything and believing or acting as if anything besides Allah has any power is shirk. This could be anything. Example: very typical among Muslims is believing that Jinns have power. You constantly doing ruqyah but still having troubles. Reason - Allah leaves us to what we believe.
    Depending on what you mean by "having power". Everyone has some power of course. And compared to humans, jinns, ibliss and the angels are all very powerful beings.
    However none of them can create things out of nothing. None of them exist beyond the realm of time. Only Allah is capable of that. He is the all powerful.

    But yes, many things can be hidden shirk. We Turks carry those blue stones around or hang them everywhere, to protect us, our house, car, or whatever from the evil eye...pure shirk.

    Of course blindly following and obeying an Imam or sheikch can be shirk...but is not always the case.

    Things are not that black and white. it really depends on the case.
    Quote Quote

  8. #6
    Flos's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    6
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    76

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    Depending on what you mean by "having power". Everyone has some power of course. And compared to humans, jinns, ibliss and the angels are all very powerful beings.
    However none of them can create things out of nothing. None of them exist beyond the realm of time. Only Allah is capable of that. He is the all powerful.

    But yes, many things can be hidden shirk. We Turks carry those blue stones around or hang them everywhere, to protect us, our house, car, or whatever from the evil eye...pure shirk.

    Of course blindly following and obeying an Imam or sheikch can be shirk...but is not always the case.

    Things are not that black and white. it really depends on the case.
    There is difference between abilities given by Allah and power itself. Power as in MashaAllah or as in explained in surah Baqarah, 148 ayah:
    And every one has a direction to which he should turn, therefore hasten to (do) good works; wherever you are, Allah will bring you all together; surely Allah has power over all things.

    Actually, it's very explained by Allah and Prophet saw in various of Quranic ayahs and hadith.
    Quote Quote

  9. #7
    Yrvhere?'s Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    324
    Threads
    52
    Rep Power
    6
    Rep Ratio
    48
    Likes Ratio
    92

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    I assume you are a wahabi or a salafi muslim.

    What really bugs me is that appearantly everybody here exactly knows which group is committing shirk, which group is kuffar and which group isn't.
    You claim that sunnis committing shirk because they obey their imams and leaders. and you are trying to back your claim up with a hadeeth about Muhammed (sas) who said that referring to jews and christians.

    However there is a quraan text who goes as followed:

    O you who have faith! Obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those vested with authority among you.1159

    Now of course muftis and ulamas can give false fatwas. they are only humans...they are not even prophets. One can assume that muftis and ulamas who are known with their knowledge and trustworthyness that the mistakes they make is not on purpose and not to mislead everyone.

    The second thing I want to point out is that a lot of people here have the opinion that everybody needs a sheikch in order to understand Islaam.
    Especially the Quraan has such deep hidden meanings of the verses that the common layman cannot comprehend. so appearantly he always need to seek the opinion of his sheikch.

    So, which one is the correct way?
    can we interpret the Quraan and hadeeth by ourselves or do we need to ask an alim about it?
    And should we obey this ulama or should we stick to what we know?

    If you ask me, neither of the two.
    We can interpret the Quraan and hadeeth for ourselves partially, either just like that or by using tafsirs.
    The part we cannot interpret, we can always ask our imam or sheikch and ask for evidence.
    The people who cannot comprehend the evidence, just obey the opinion of the sheikch,
    The ones who can, should check the validity of the sheikchs answer and not follow blindly.

    Again, the imam or sheikch is only a human and can make mistakes.

    As salamu alaykum.
    I agree with u. We need sheikh to understand fiqh, Qur'an, hadith etc. But we don't need just"ulama" , we need "ulama e haq" (scholars of truth). At this time, we cannot call anyone who appears to be sheikh "ulama" bcuz we have a whole bunch of misguided scholars. And this is why if we follow them tip by tip(even if its wrong), we are worshipping them. For ex. Lets take the example of four imams. They were true ulama. They said if we find any sahih hadith contracting their opinions, we should follow sahih hadith, and NOT them. So u see, these are true scholars. But what some people do is they follow them even if they find sahih hadith contradicting their opinion. So this is called worshipping them, termed as "Taqleed". Today we have youtube celebrities or dollar scholars i should say. They are doing their work of misguiding people. They arent telling us about the " whole" islam. They keep saying "peace, peace, peace" when jihad is compulsory for all and if we follow them in this, we are blindly following them. Ibn taymiyyah was asked where will we find scholars of truth? He said "In prison, or undercover". And do we think in our time when non muslims are in so much power, they will let the scholars of truth speak publicly? Will they let them be on youtube? Will they not remove them from youtube for their " policy"? Will they not imprison them? Even the four imams were imprisoned, so do we think the "true"scholars at this time will be let speaking the truth. We really need to leave those youtube celebrities who have nothing to do but impress kuffar!! I have a lot to say but ill leave it here.
    | Likes Abrars liked this post
    Quote Quote

  10. #8
    Ümit's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    930
    Threads
    10
    Rep Power
    22
    Rep Ratio
    43
    Likes Ratio
    64

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Yrvhere? View Post
    As salamu alaykum.
    I agree with u. We need sheikh to understand fiqh, Qur'an, hadith etc. But we don't need just"ulama" , we need "ulama e haq" (scholars of truth). At this time, we cannot call anyone who appears to be sheikh "ulama" bcuz we have a whole bunch of misguided scholars. And this is why if we follow them tip by tip(even if its wrong), we are worshipping them. For ex. Lets take the example of four imams. They were true ulama. They said if we find any sahih hadith contracting their opinions, we should follow sahih hadith, and NOT them. So u see, these are true scholars. But what some people do is they follow them even if they find sahih hadith contradicting their opinion. So this is called worshipping them, termed as "Taqleed". Today we have youtube celebrities or dollar scholars i should say. They are doing their work of misguiding people. They arent telling us about the " whole" islam. They keep saying "peace, peace, peace" when jihad is compulsory for all and if we follow them in this, we are blindly following them. Ibn taymiyyah was asked where will we find scholars of truth? He said "In prison, or undercover". And do we think in our time when non muslims are in so much power, they will let the scholars of truth speak publicly? Will they let them be on youtube? Will they not remove them from youtube for their " policy"? Will they not imprison them? Even the four imams were imprisoned, so do we think the "true"scholars at this time will be let speaking the truth. We really need to leave those youtube celebrities who have nothing to do but impress kuffar!! I have a lot to say but ill leave it here.
    So, what are you saying exactly?

    That in theory you agree with me, however you cannot trust any scholar nowadays, therefore you should interpret the Quraan and hadeeth yourself and absolutely ask no advice of these modern scholars?

    Can we not ask multiple scholars about what they think about it...ask them what they base their opinion on and cross check which seems plausible and which seems fabricated?
    Because that's what I would do.

    My knowledge about Islaam is very limited unfortunately. therefore I do depend on answers from someone with more wisdom about Islaam...
    because verifying that answer against evidence or against answers from other wise people is much easier than try to find the answer on my own.
    | Likes Abrars liked this post
    Quote Quote

  11. #9
    Abrars's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    96
    Threads
    19
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    13
    Likes Ratio
    37

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    I assume you are a wahabi or a salafi muslim.

    What really bugs me is that appearantly everybody here exactly knows which group is committing shirk, which group is kuffar and which group isn't.
    You claim that sunnis committing shirk because they obey their imams and leaders. and you are trying to back your claim up with a hadeeth about Muhammed (sas) who said that referring to jews and christians.

    However there is a quraan text who goes as followed:

    O you who have faith! Obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those vested with authority among you.1159

    Now of course muftis and ulamas can give false fatwas. they are only humans...they are not even prophets. One can assume that muftis and ulamas who are known with their knowledge and trustworthyness that the mistakes they make is not on purpose and not to mislead everyone.

    The second thing I want to point out is that a lot of people here have the opinion that everybody needs a sheikch in order to understand Islaam.
    Especially the Quraan has such deep hidden meanings of the verses that the common layman cannot comprehend. so appearantly he always need to seek the opinion of his sheikch.

    So, which one is the correct way?
    can we interpret the Quraan and hadeeth by ourselves or do we need to ask an alim about it?
    And should we obey this ulama or should we stick to what we know?

    If you ask me, neither of the two.
    We can interpret the Quraan and hadeeth for ourselves partially, either just like that or by using tafsirs.
    The part we cannot interpret, we can always ask our imam or sheikch and ask for evidence.
    The people who cannot comprehend the evidence, just obey the opinion of the sheikch,
    The ones who can, should check the validity of the sheikchs answer and not follow blindly.

    Again, the imam or sheikch is only a human and can make mistakes.

    We have lessons to learn from Jews and Christians , especially those mistakes they committed and were mentioned in Qur’an . Verse 9:31 is one of them . We give our Ulamas the status of god , what they say we follow same like Jews did and raised them in status of divine lawmakers .

    We still need the help of Ulama but we also have the duty to ourselves that we demand that these Ulama should guide us with the reference of Qur’an not by their own wit and will . Ahamadi Ulama ( hundreds and thousands of them) reached to the consensus that Mirza Golam Qadiani was a Prophet and their followers obey them . It contradicts the Qur’an . Sunni are happy with 4 sects and their Ulama gave them Fatwa that you have to abide by these madhhabs . It also contradicts the Qur’an directly . Bottom-line is , we sell our brain and intelligent to our Ulamas . We could be a Ph.D holder and could read volumes of volumes of complicated subjects on science and technology but we can not open the Qur’an just to see where is what ! All we want to be spoon-fed .

    BTW , you hide some parts of the verse of the Qur’an you mentioned. The full the verse reads like :

    [004:059] O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle, if ye do believe in God and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

    And there you go , ‘ If you differ in anything…..”and our Ulama differ in almost everything ….
    Quote Quote

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Ümit's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    930
    Threads
    10
    Rep Power
    22
    Rep Ratio
    43
    Likes Ratio
    64

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Abrars View Post
    We have lessons to learn from Jews and Christians , especially those mistakes they committed and were mentioned in Qur’an . Verse 9:31 is one of them . We give our Ulamas the status of god , what they say we follow same like Jews did and raised them in status of divine lawmakers .

    We still need the help of Ulama but we also have the duty to ourselves that we demand that these Ulama should guide us with the reference of Qur’an not by their own wit and will . Ahamadi Ulama ( hundreds and thousands of them) reached to the consensus that Mirza Golam Qadiani was a Prophet and their followers obey them . It contradicts the Qur’an . Sunni are happy with 4 sects and their Ulama gave them Fatwa that you have to abide by these madhhabs . It also contradicts the Qur’an directly . Bottom-line is , we sell our brain and intelligent to our Ulamas . We could be a Ph.D holder and could read volumes of volumes of complicated subjects on science and technology but we can not open the Qur’an just to see where is what ! All we want to be spoon-fed .

    BTW , you hide some parts of the verse of the Qur’an you mentioned. The full the verse reads like :

    [004:059] O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle, if ye do believe in God and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

    And there you go , ‘ If you differ in anything…..”and our Ulama differ in almost everything ….
    No dear brother, I did not hide anything. I honostly didn't notice that part...But good you noticed it. Exactly that part means that you should still obey, even if you differ in that...unless of course you are commanded to sin. when you witness clear Kufr about which you have clear proof from Allah, you should not obey anymore.

    Tafsir ibn Kathir is pretty clear about this verse:
    The Necessity of Obeying the Rulers in Obedience to Allah
    Al-Bukhari recorded that Ibn `Abbas said that the Ayah,
    ﴿أَطِيعُواْ اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُواْ الرَّسُولَ وَأُوْلِى الاٌّمْرِ مِنْكُمْ﴾
    (Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, and those of you who are in authority.) "Was revealed about `Abdullah bin Hudhafah bin Qays bin `Adi, who the Messenger of Allah sent on a military expedition.'' This statement was collected by the Group, with the exception of Ibn Majah At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan, Gharib''. Imam Ahmad recorded that `Ali said, "The Messenger of Allah sent a troop under the command of a man from Al-Ansar. When they left, he became angry with them for some reason and said to them, `Has not the Messenger of Allah commanded you to obey me' They said, `Yes.' He said, `Collect some wood,' and then he started a fire with the wood, saying, `I command you to enter the fire.' The people almost entered the fire, but a young man among them said, `You only ran away from the Fire to Allah's Messenger. Therefore, do not rush until you go back to Allah's Messenger, and if he commands you to enter it, then enter it.' When they went back to Allah's Messenger , they told him what had happened, and the Messenger said,
    «لَوْ دَخَلْتُمُوهَا مَا خَرَجْتُمْ مِنْهَا أَبَدًا، إِنَّمَا الطَّاعَةُ فِي الْمَعْرُوف»
    (Had you entered it, you would never have departed from it. Obedience is only in righteousness.)'' This Hadith is recorded in the Two Sahihs. Abu Dawud recorded that `Abdullah bin `Umar said that the Messenger of Allah said,
    «السَّمْعُ وَالطَّاعَةُ عَلَى الْمَرْءِ الْمُسْلِمِ فِيمَا أَحَبَّ وَكَرِهَ، مَا لَمْ يُؤْمَرْ بِمَعْصِيَةٍ، فَإِذَا أُمِرَ بِمَعْصِيَةٍ فَلَا سَمْعَ وَلَا طَاعَة»
    (The Muslim is required to hear and obey in that which he likes and dislikes, unless he was commanded to sin. When he is commanded with sin, then there is no hearing or obeying.) This Hadith is recorded in the Two Sahihs. `Ubadah bin As-Samit said, "We gave our pledge to Allah's Messenger to hear and obey (our leaders), while active and otherwise, in times of ease and times of difficulty, even if we were deprived of our due shares, and to not dispute this matter (leadership) with its rightful people. The Prophet said,
    «إِلَّا أَنْ تَرَوْا كُفْرًا بَوَاحًا، عِنْدَكُمْ فِيهِ مِنَ اللهِ بُرْهَان»
    (Except when you witness clear Kufr about which you have clear proof from Allah.)'' This Hadith is recorded in the Two Sahihs. Another Hadith narrated by Anas states that the Messenger of Allah said,
    «اسْمَعُوا وَأَطِيعُوا، وَإِنْ أُمِّرَ عَلَيْكُمْ عَبْدٌحَبَشِيٌّ كَأَنَّ رَأْسَهُ زَبِيبَة»
    (Hear and obey (your leaders), even if an Ethiopian slave whose head is like a raisin, is made your chief.) Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith. Umm Al-Husayn said that she heard the Messenger of Allah giving a speech during the Farewell Hajj, in which he said;
    «وَلَوِ اسْتُعْمِلَ عَلَيْكُمْ عَبْدٌيَقُودُكُمْ بِكِتَابِ اللهِ، اسْمَعُوا لَهُ وَأَطِيعُوا»
    (Even if a slave was appointed over you, and he rules you with Allah's Book, then listen to him and obey him.) Muslim recorded this Hadith. In another narration with Muslim, the Prophet said,
    «عَبْدًا حَبَشِيًّا مَجْدُوعًا»
    (Even if an Ethiopian slave, whose nose was mutilated...) In the Two Sahihs, it is recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said,
    «مَنْ أَطَاعَنِي فَقَدْ أَطَاعَ اللهَ، وَمَنْ عَصَانِي فَقَدْ عَصَى اللهَ، وَمَنْ أَطَاعَ أَمِيرِي فَقَدْ أَطَاعَنِي، وَمَنْ عَصَى أَمِيرِي فَقَدْ عَصَانِي»
    (Whoever obeys me, obeys Allah, and whoever disobeys me, disobeys Allah. Whoever obeys my commander, obeys me, and whoever disobeys my commander, disobeys me.) This is why Allah said,
    ﴿أَطِيعُواْ اللَّهَ﴾
    (Obey Allah), adhere to His Book,
    ﴿وَأَطِيعُواْ الرَّسُولَ﴾
    (and obey the Messenger), adhere to his Sunnah,
    ﴿وَأُوْلِى الاٌّمْرِ مِنْكُمْ﴾
    (And those of you who are in authority) in the obedience to Allah which they command you, not what constitutes disobedience of Allah, for there is no obedience to anyone in disobedience to Allah, as we mentioned in the authentic Hadith,
    «إِنَّمَا الطَّاعَةُ فِي الْمَعْرُوف»
    (Obedience is only in righteousness.)
    The Necessity of Referring to the Qur'an and Sunnah for Judgment

    Allah said,
    ﴿فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِى شَىْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ﴾
    ((And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger). Mujahid and several others among the Salaf said that the Ayah means, "(Refer) to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger.'' This is a command from Allah that whatever areas the people dispute about, whether major or minor areas of the religion, they are required to refer to the Qur'an and Sunnah for judgment concerning these disputes. In another Ayah, Allah said,
    ﴿وَمَا اخْتَلَفْتُمْ فِيهِ مِن شَىْءٍ فَحُكْمُهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ﴾
    (And in whatsoever you differ, the decision thereof is with Allah). Therefore, whatever the Book and Sunnah decide and testify to the truth of, then it, is the plain truth. What is beyond truth, save falsehood This is why Allah said, u
    ﴿إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ﴾
    (if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day.) meaning, refer the disputes and conflicts that arise between you to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger for judgment. Allah's statement,
    ﴿إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ﴾
    (if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. ) indicates that those who do not refer to the Book and Sunnah for judgment in their disputes, are not believers in Allah or the Last Day. Allah said,
    ﴿ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ﴾
    (That is better) meaning, referring to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger for judgment in various disputes is better,
    ﴿وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلاً﴾
    (and more suitable for final determination.) meaning, "Has a better end and destination,'' as As-Suddi and several others have stated while Mujahid said, "Carries a better reward.''
    | Likes Abrars liked this post
    Quote Quote

  14. #11
    Flos's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    6
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    76

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    You know what! It's so good to see that Muslims are scared to commit shirk. May Allah protect us all and guide us all. Jazakallahu Khair to all!
    | Likes Abrars liked this post
    Quote Quote

  15. #12
    Ümit's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    930
    Threads
    10
    Rep Power
    22
    Rep Ratio
    43
    Likes Ratio
    64

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Abrars View Post
    Sunni are happy with 4 sects and their Ulama gave them Fatwa that you have to abide by these madhhabs . It also contradicts the Qur’an directly .
    So I do not exactly understand how this contradicts the Quran. Could you please elaborate? I am a sunni myself of the Hanafi madhab. I do not worship Abu Hanifa as a prophet or God,
    I do not pray to Abu Hanifa or whatever...I am just following that madhab, because it is a secure road...it is like a nice paved road, easy to follow...

    And according to this verse, it is not wrong because Abu Hanifa is not a kuffar, and does not command us to sin.
    Quote Quote

  16. #13
    Abrars's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    96
    Threads
    19
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    13
    Likes Ratio
    37

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    No dear brother, I did not hide anything. I honostly didn't notice that part...But good you noticed it. Exactly that part means that you should still obey, even if you differ in that...unless of course you are commanded to sin. when you witness clear Kufr about which you have clear proof from Allah, you should not obey anymore.

    Tafsir ibn Kathir is pretty clear about this verse:
    Forgive me my brother for accusing you thinking you were hiding the verse . I didn't know you did it unnoticed . Yes the verse is quite clear . The final authority is ALLAH (swt) and the Messenger (saw) . The rest Waleel Umar could err and differ . In that case leave them from the equation and refer back to the absolute authority of ALLAH (swt) and Prophet (saw) as the verse proposed .
    Quote Quote

  17. #14
    Abrars's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    96
    Threads
    19
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    13
    Likes Ratio
    37

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    So I do not exactly understand how this contradicts the Quran. Could you please elaborate? I am a sunni myself of the Hanafi madhab. I do not worship Abu Hanifa as a prophet or God,
    I do not pray to Abu Hanifa or whatever...I am just following that madhab, because it is a secure road...it is like a nice paved road, easy to follow...

    And according to this verse, it is not wrong because Abu Hanifa is not a kuffar, and does not command us to sin.
    Imam Abu Hanifa (rh) was a paramount scholar of Islamic fiqh . He never said to open a sect/cult in his name and be called Hanafi . Quran overwhelmingly instructed not to divide in sects/madhab/firqah in religion . But we did it . We are divided into so many sects in Islam . ALLAH swt clearly called us Muslim and prefers us to be called Muslim only , while we have a compulsory subtitle , eg, Hanafi , Shafii , Hamabali , Salafi , Jafri etc. Do these not contradict the Qur'an , my brother ?
    Last edited by Abrars; 01-18-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Quote

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    Abrars's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    96
    Threads
    19
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    13
    Likes Ratio
    37

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Flos View Post
    You know what! It's so good to see that Muslims are scared to commit shirk. May Allah protect us all and guide us all. Jazakallahu Khair to all!
    That is true . BarakALLAH.
    Quote Quote

  20. #16
    Ümit's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    930
    Threads
    10
    Rep Power
    22
    Rep Ratio
    43
    Likes Ratio
    64

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Quote Originally Posted by Abrars View Post
    Imam Abu Hanifa (rh) was a paramount scholar of Islamic fiqh . He never said to open a sect/cult in his name and be called Hanafi . Quran overwhelmingly instructed not to divide in sects/madhab/firqah in religion . But we did it . We are divided into so many sects in Islam . ALLAH swt clearly called us Muslim and prefers us to be called Muslim only , while we have a compulsory subtitle , eg, Hanafi , Shafii , Hamabali , Salafi , Jafri etc. Do these not contradict the Qur'an , my brother ?
    No, in all honousty...from the bottom of my heart i do not think it is. Sects think they are better than others. "Other sects are wrong...my sect is the only right one" is a typical thought of the average sect member.

    However that is not true in madhabs. There is just a difference in opinion. Difference in details. Everything fard is the same. I am a Hanafi but I do not think the Hanafi is the right madhab and the others are wrong.
    The other madhabs are just as correct as Hanafi.
    However Shia, Ahmadiyyah, wahabis, salafis etc, do think they are the better sects and like to differentiate themselves from the majority of muslims.
    I do not want to attack anyone...but that is what I think about it. Correct me please if Im seeing it wrong.
    Quote Quote

  21. #17
    Ümit's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    930
    Threads
    10
    Rep Power
    22
    Rep Ratio
    43
    Likes Ratio
    64

    Re: some common shirk committed by people

    Ow and besides...the four scholars...each went their own way to spread Islam...four different humans...with four opinions...not copies of each other....of course you will get 4 different schools...i think they did a very, very good job not to create 4 different sects...they only differed in detail from each other. They were humble...constantly afraid of saying something wrong.
    They were very aware that everything they say wrong would be the fundaments of a whole new religion...therefore very very careful and accurate in their answers.
    Quote Quote


  22. Hide
Hey there! some common shirk committed by people Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. some common shirk committed by people
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. I think I have committed shirk??
    By mezzi_sohal in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 09:24 AM
  2. Have I committed shirk?
    By mezzi_sohal in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 06:28 AM
  3. Have I committed shirk?
    By Sm412 in forum New Muslims
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 09:12 AM
  4. Help. I have committed shirk
    By SAaron360 in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2016, 06:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create