brightness_1
    Li Down2eartH MembeR
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lightbulb Vitamin tabs (OP)

Just needed to know whether taking vitamin tablets is a good idea or not? Purley for nutrition, vitamins like erm A B C D, zinc, omega oils etc etc...

Any side affects? Apart from what i hear is when taking a bunch of them you feel really hungry regularly, therefore you eat more....

Oh and do they actually work when being taken with a good diet?
    JazakaAllah khair and thanx in advanced
    Vitamin tabs

I had a wrestle with an alligator, i had a tussle with a whale, I handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail! Only last week i murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick, im so mean i make medicine sick

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologise!"
    kay:

H4RUN's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Li Down2eartH MembeR
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Vitamin tabs

Report bad ads?

format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1 View Post
    Dun tell him to edit his post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let him get his first pressie on Li

i mean infraction hehe

Is harooni eatin dat stuff den? or nah!
    If you're reffering to moi then the aswer is, nope well not yet atleast..

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair View Post
    .... argh,... i am really trying my best to hold back on my comments..
    'U know you wanna'
    format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1 View Post

GRR..

You need some exercise bro!

Try the splits! And...urm...

Try this It works
    Yeah dude try the splits 'No pain, no gain' lol
    format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal View Post
    salamualikum.
    OHH MY.... dude edit yh post qucik time :blind:

well everyone MUST agree with the AUNT because respect ma bludz ma nephew is trying his best to be the fittest man he's gonna go on ''worlds guenius records''.

Ma'assalama
    lol fittest geezer? far far from it

Masalama

May the force be with ya'll
    Vitamin tabs

I had a wrestle with an alligator, i had a tussle with a whale, I handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail! Only last week i murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick, im so mean i make medicine sick

kay:
    chat Quote

3. Report bad ads?
    SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN View Post
    'U know you wanna'

I know i want to... but the "i can't spell for $H!+" crew will report my posts and get them removed again...

Seriously, the two of you, visit that website i recommended to you earlier.

The odd balls-up is fine, but your posts are just ridiculous.

'eatin' 'dat' 'den'...

... what are you,.. a bloody german or something? :enough!:
    Vitamin tabs

wwwislamicboardcom - Vitamin tabs
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.
    chat Quote

E'jaazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do your research and buy name brands. They make quality all natural vitamins. Some companies make synthetic vitamins that are no good for you. Eat healthy. Some names I know are Solgar, Nature's Answer, GNC, and Whole Foods Brand.
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Like Br. Woodrow said, you don't need vitamins if you're eating a well balanced diet.

Somebody advised taking Centrum. These are not suitable for muslims.

Is Centrum suitable for vegetarians?
    Centrum is not suitable for vegetarians.

The range contains ingredients of animal origin, therefore it is not vegetarian or kosher.

The ingredients of animal origin are:

Magnesium stearate
    Stearic acid
    Gelatine
    chat Quote

7. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis View Post
    Like Br. Woodrow said, you don't need vitamins if you're eating a well balanced diet.
    I don't agree with that, seeing how the majority of the food that we consume these days are filled with rubbish, that is including the Fruits and Veges.

Look for a book called "The warrior diet" at your local ( good ) bookstore.

Somebody advised taking Centrum. These are not suitable for muslims.
    That was me.

Jazakallah for bringing this to my attention Sis, may allah swt reward you.

http://www.centrumvitamins.ca/content/faq/default.asp

I didn't think of doing a research on the pills because i always buy them from a Muslim Pharmacist, whom i trust.

I will make him aware of this so that he doesn't sell it to any other muslims.
    Vitamin tabs

Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SirZubair;691574]I don't agree with that, seeing how the majority of the food that we consume these days are filled with rubbish, that is including the Fruits and Veges.
    You do have a point there. Perhaps certain individuals can benefit from an extra multi vitamin. But if a person is well nourished/over nourished then they don't need them.

Jazakallah for bringing this to my attention Sis, may allah swt reward you.

I will make him aware of this so that he doesn't sell it to any other muslims
    Ur WC- ameen. That's good mashaAllah. What we really need to do is compile a list of all haram products and give them to as many people as we can.

If I was rich. I mean when I will be rich inshaAllah. I will open a supermarket where there won't be one haram product in site. So muslims can just pick up stuff without having to read labels or unknowlingly eat haram. InshaAllah, inshaAllah, inshaAllah!

We should push muslim supermarkets/shops to do that. But something tells me they won't bother.
    chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Re: Vitamin tabs

"Oh People of Imaan! Eat of the pure things (Halal) that We have provided for you, and be grateful to Allah" - (Al-Baqarah 2:172)

Peace
    Last edited by Al-Zaara; 03-27-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Vitamin tabs

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Concerning vitamins, I thought I'd mention that Boots & Holland & Barrat do 'suitable for vegetarian' ones.

p.s. beware some vege products may contain alcohol. So check with manufacturer!
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair View Post
    I only pick on you 'cos i care for you..
    ..and i pick on Ribena girl 'cos its fun..
    salamualikum

okay lets try to stick on topic inshallah, before NEPHEW shouts at me.

anywho harry ate ''chicken n chips'' today earlier on so i guess this ''diet'' isn't working after all ah well we need to try to buy some ''Vitamin Tablets'' now inshallah. Please Allah subhwnatallah make my nephew very strong and also make him proud of what he is and what he looks like inshallah, Amin Thumma Amin Ya Rabbil Alameen!

Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

13. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sis, i also found this on their website :

2. What is the gelatin source in Centrum Products?
    The gelatin used in Centrum comes from different animals, which might include pork gelatin sometimes. However, the gelatin undergoes a rigorous chemical heat processing. We have spoken to a number of Imams regarding their religious concerns. They felt that because the gelatin goes through a chemical processing which changes the nature of the gelatin and because of the anticipated benefit to individual health, it is reasonable to use this product. In the end, it is the consumer's decision to accept this point of view or not based on personal convictions.
    Now the question is... who are these imams?
    Last edited by SirZubair; 03-23-2007 at 05:42 AM.
    Vitamin tabs

chat Quote

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Stay on topic people.

Eating healthy and exercising is your best vitamin. But sometime, people lack of some vitamins, so try to find out what you need or what can make you healthier, by going to the doctor for example and talk about your diet...
    Vitamin tabs

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

H4RUN's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Li Down2eartH MembeR
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^What if to your knowledge you don't really lack alot of a certain vitamin, you just want to take them to help with erm pysical stuff, sports etc...that's where i'd like to know if side affect may occur
    Vitamin tabs

kay:
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why don't you ask your doctor? I'm not sure how many people here are qualified to give advice that is guaranteed not to harm or kill you.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SirZubair:
    2. What is the gelatin source in Centrum Products?
    The gelatin used in Centrum comes from different animals, which might include pork gelatin sometimes. However, the gelatin undergoes a rigorous chemical heat processing. We have spoken to a number of Imams regarding their religious concerns. They felt that because the gelatin goes through a chemical processing which changes the nature of the gelatin and because of the anticipated benefit to individual health, it is reasonable to use this product. In the end, it is the consumer's decision to accept this point of view or not based on personal convictions.

Now the question is... who are these imams?
    Although this is a matter of fiqh that some substances which were once najis become taahir due to changes, i.e. animal skins, it does not apply to gelatine/food. Firstly because Allah has forbidden eating everything of that which comes from a haram source.

"And do not eat of that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned for indeed, it is grave disobedience. (Quran: Al-Anam: 121)

Pig is haram. Period. We cannot zibha it, like other animals, so there's no question of anything from it being halal.

As for chemical changes of pig/animal derived gelatine, experts who have looked into the matter have determined that gelatine is not sufficiently altered from its original source for it to be deemed another material.

Also, heating food in a microwave changes it's molecular structure. But you can't heat up a pork chop or meat upon which Allah's name has not been recited and call it halal just because it's molecular structure has changed.

chat Quote

19. Report bad ads?
    E'jaazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Although this is a matter of fiqh that some substances which were once najis become taahir due to changes, i.e. animal skins, it does not apply to gelatine/food. Firstly because Allah has forbidden eating everything of that which comes from a haram source.

"And do not eat of that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned for indeed, it is grave disobedience. (Quran: Al-Anam: 121)

Pig is haram. Period. We cannot zibha it, like other animals, so there's no question of anything from it being halal.

As for chemical changes of pig/animal derived gelatine, experts who have looked into the matter have determined that gelatine is not sufficiently altered from its original source for it to be deemed another material.

Also, heating food in a microwave changes it's molecular structure. But you can't heat up a pork chop or meat upon which Allah's name has not been recited and call it halal just because it's molecular structure has changed.

Also, to add to this point, the muslim is advised to stay away from questionable matters in order to safe guard his/her religion. But the sister puts forth a very strong point.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by E'jaazi View Post
    Also, to add to this point, the muslim is advised to stay away from questionable matters in order to safe guard his/her religion. But the sister puts forth a very strong point.
    thank you

and a good point.. it certainly is better for ones piety to refrain from that which is doubtful
    chat Quote

22. Hide
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Hey there! Vitamin tabs Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Vitamin tabs