× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ameerkam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    240
    Threads
    171
    Reputation
    133
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    17

    “Cursed” by Allah

    Report bad ads?

    Salaam

    When it is mentioned in the Quran whom Allah will curse. Such as people who buy/sell/drink alcohol, does it strictly mean a curse in this life or can it be this life or just the next depending on what Allah decides for you.

    Jazzakallahu Khair

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    IslamLife00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    112
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    394
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    49

    Re: “Cursed” by Allah

    If Allah curses someone, it's because of his/her sin.

    If the person repents and does not commit that sin again, InshaaAllah the curse will be lifted.

    There are 3 specific events in which repentance will no longer benefit, so we have the chance to repent from any sin before those 3 specific events occur.
    “Cursed” by Allah

    Jabir bin 'Abdullah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:'A slave (of Allah) shall not believe until he believes in Al-Qadar, its good and its bad, such that he knows that what struck him would not have missed him, and that what missed him would not have struck him." (Jami 'at Tirmidhi)

  4. #3
    Imraan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    30
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    55
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    31
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: “Cursed” by Allah

    Quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00 View Post
    If Allah curses someone, it's because of his/her sin.

    If the person repents and does not commit that sin again, InshaaAllah the curse will be lifted.

    There are 3 specific events in which repentance will no longer benefit, so we have the chance to repent from any sin before those 3 specific events occur.
    Erm sorry to be a bit naive here but could you elaborate on those 3 specific events. One is obvious (death).. but for the benefit of everyone's understanding if you don't mind.

    Jazak Allah.

  5. #4
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    498
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    2158
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    128
    Likes (Received)
    338

    Re: “Cursed” by Allah

    Quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00 View Post
    If Allah curses someone, it's because of his/her sin.

    If the person repents and does not commit that sin again, InshaaAllah the curse will be lifted.

    There are 3 specific events in which repentance will no longer benefit, so we have the chance to repent from any sin before those 3 specific events occur.
    I am not very sure about this.

    Because one of the groups that are being cursed are the ones with tattoos. If i remember it correctly...then there is even a verse or a saheeh hadeeth about this.
    So you can repent all you want...but the tattoo is still there....
    The question now is...will the curse be lifted in this case if you repent? Or is the curse still active because the tattoo is still there?

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    IslamLife00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    112
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    394
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    49

    Re: “Cursed” by Allah

    Quote Originally Posted by Imraan View Post
    Erm sorry to be a bit naive here but could you elaborate on those 3 specific events. One is obvious (death).. but for the benefit of everyone's understanding if you don't mind.

    Jazak Allah.
    Yes after death, repentance is no longer accepted. But the three events I meant are of the major signs :


    It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) observed:

    When three things appear faith will not benefit one who has not previously believed or has derived no good from his faith: the rising of the sun in its place of setting, the Dajjal, and the beast of the earth. (Sahih Muslim)






    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    I am not very sure about this.

    Because one of the groups that are being cursed are the ones with tattoos. If i remember it correctly...then there is even a verse or a saheeh hadeeth about this.
    So you can repent all you want...but the tattoo is still there....
    The question now is...will the curse be lifted in this case if you repent? Or is the curse still active because the tattoo is still there?
    Certainly Allah has the final say, but the chance of repentance is always there, until death or until three events (whichever happens first)

    Narrated Abu Hurairah:
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "The adulterer is not a believer while he is committing adultery, and the thief is not a believer while he is stealing, but there is a chance for repentance; (if he repents, Allah will accept the repentance)." Jami'at-Tirmidhi

    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

    Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His servant when he turns penitently towards Him than one of you would be on finding the lost camel. (Sahih Muslim)

    Narrated Anas bin Malik:

    Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "If Adam's son had a valley full of gold, he would like to have two valleys, for nothing fills his mouth except dust. And Allah forgives him who repents to Him." (Sahih al Bukhari)

    Abu Musa reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, Stretches out His Hand during the night so that the people may repent for the fault committed from dawn till dusk and He stretches out His Hand during the day so that the people may repent for the fault committed from dusk to dawn. (He would accept repentance) before the sun rises in the west (before the Day of Resurrection). A hadith like this has been narrated on the authority of Shu'ba with the same chain of transmitters. (Sahih Muslim)
    It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira:

    A fornicator who fornicates is not a believer as long as he commits fornication, and no one who steals is a believer as long as he commits theft, and no one who drinks wine is a believer as long as he drinks it, and repentance may be accepted after that. (Sahih Muslim)

    - - - Updated - - -

    As for drinking alcohol (OP's question)

    It was narrated from ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
    “Whoever drinks wine and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he drinks wine again and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he drinks wine again and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents Allah will accept his repentance. But if he does it again, then Allah will most certainly make him drink of the mire of the puss or sweat on the Day of Resurrection.” They said: “O Messenger of Allah, what is the mire of the pus or sweat? He said: “The drippings of the people of Hell.” (Sunan Ibn Majah, Jami'at-Tirmidhi)
    Last edited by IslamLife00; 12-29-2018 at 02:47 AM. Reason: add more hadith
    “Cursed” by Allah

    Jabir bin 'Abdullah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:'A slave (of Allah) shall not believe until he believes in Al-Qadar, its good and its bad, such that he knows that what struck him would not have missed him, and that what missed him would not have struck him." (Jami 'at Tirmidhi)

  8. #6
    emem.masorong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    207
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    444
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    57
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Re: “Cursed” by Allah

    Quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00 View Post
    If Allah curses someone, it's because of his/her sin.

    If the person repents and does not commit that sin again, InshaaAllah the curse will be lifted.

    There are 3 specific events in which repentance will no longer benefit, so we have the chance to repent from any sin before those 3 specific events occur.
    What are those 3 specific events?

  9. #7
    Imraan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    30
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    55
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    31
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: “Cursed” by Allah

    Quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong View Post
    What are those 3 specific events?
    I've already asked that bruv... check the reply to my question.

  10. #8
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    945
    Threads
    187
    Reputation
    644
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    117

    Re: “Cursed” by Allah

    Quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00 View Post
    Yes after death, repentance is no longer accepted. But the three events I meant are of the major signs :


    It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) observed:

    When three things appear faith will not benefit one who has not previously believed or has derived no good from his faith: the rising of the sun in its place of setting, the Dajjal, and the beast of the earth. (Sahih Muslim)






    - - - Updated - - -



    Certainly Allah has the final say, but the chance of repentance is always there, until death or until three events (whichever happens first)

    Narrated Abu Hurairah:
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "The adulterer is not a believer while he is committing adultery, and the thief is not a believer while he is stealing, but there is a chance for repentance; (if he repents, Allah will accept the repentance)." Jami'at-Tirmidhi

    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

    Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His servant when he turns penitently towards Him than one of you would be on finding the lost camel. (Sahih Muslim)

    Narrated Anas bin Malik:

    Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "If Adam's son had a valley full of gold, he would like to have two valleys, for nothing fills his mouth except dust. And Allah forgives him who repents to Him." (Sahih al Bukhari)

    Abu Musa reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, Stretches out His Hand during the night so that the people may repent for the fault committed from dawn till dusk and He stretches out His Hand during the day so that the people may repent for the fault committed from dusk to dawn. (He would accept repentance) before the sun rises in the west (before the Day of Resurrection). A hadith like this has been narrated on the authority of Shu'ba with the same chain of transmitters. (Sahih Muslim)
    It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira:

    A fornicator who fornicates is not a believer as long as he commits fornication, and no one who steals is a believer as long as he commits theft, and no one who drinks wine is a believer as long as he drinks it, and repentance may be accepted after that. (Sahih Muslim)

    - - - Updated - - -

    As for drinking alcohol (OP's question)

    It was narrated from ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
    “Whoever drinks wine and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he drinks wine again and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he drinks wine again and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents Allah will accept his repentance. But if he does it again, then Allah will most certainly make him drink of the mire of the puss or sweat on the Day of Resurrection.” They said: “O Messenger of Allah, what is the mire of the pus or sweat? He said: “The drippings of the people of Hell.” (Sunan Ibn Majah, Jami'at-Tirmidhi)
    What? Repetance not accepted after death? Does that applies only to those who committed disbelief on purpose and died upon it??

  11. #9
    IslamLife00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    112
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    394
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    49

    Re: “Cursed” by Allah

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus View Post
    What? Repetance not accepted after death? Does that applies only to those who committed disbelief on purpose and died upon it??

    Repentance is not accepted after death, or after three events occur - whichever occurs first :


    It was narrated from ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Allah accepts the repentance of His slave so long as the death rattle has not yet reached his throat.” (Sunan Ibn Majah, similar narration Jami'at-Tirmidhi)

    It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) observed: When three things appear faith will not benefit one who has not previously believed or has derived no good from his faith: the rising of the sun in its place of setting, the Dajjal, and the beast of the earth. (Sahih Muslim)



    Any sin anyone has committed, intentionally or unintentionally, repent right away before chance of repentance is gone.


    Al Baqarah 160 - 161 Except those who repent and amend and make manifest (the truth). Those - I will accept their repentance, and I am the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. Indeed, those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers - upon them will be the curse of Allah and of the angels and the people, all together

    Az Zumar 53 - 54 Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped.
    “Cursed” by Allah

    Jabir bin 'Abdullah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:'A slave (of Allah) shall not believe until he believes in Al-Qadar, its good and its bad, such that he knows that what struck him would not have missed him, and that what missed him would not have struck him." (Jami 'at Tirmidhi)


  12. Hide
Hey there! “Cursed” by Allah Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. “Cursed” by Allah
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Being cursed by allah
    By Slaveofthelord in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2017, 02:59 PM
  2. Cursed By Allah
    By anonymous in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 06:46 PM
  3. cursed by Allah
    By S_87 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create