/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems Beautiful Quotes, Proverbs, Sayings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

strivingobserver98
04-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Life is a journey for us all. We cry, we laugh, sometimes we fall but always recall. Allah never gives a burden too tall.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MidnightRose
04-09-2016, 11:34 AM
The matter of taqdeer is one which is impossible to comprehend. In fact, it should not be discussed excessively. Wahb ibn Munabbih (:rh:), who was amongst the Tabi'een, said, "I looked into the matter of qadar, and I was bewildered. I looked into it again, and I was still bewildered. I then concluded that the most knowledgeable of people regarding qadar are those who keep the farthest away from it, and the most ignorant of people regarding qadar are those who talk most about it." This is also supported by what Rasulullah (:saws:) said: "When destiny is discussed, restrain yourself from it."

Source: Shaykh Asif Umar

strivingobserver98
04-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Encourage each other. The world has plenty of critics already.

Khalid Saifullah
04-09-2016, 05:25 PM
# Saying that Islam is in heart, is similar to giving back the exam's paper completely white and saying : knowledge is in brain.
# If there is a smoke, there is a fire, the saying goes, That is quite true, but one should find what the fire is, and who lit it
# Acknowledged differences may create mutual respect, but hazy misunderstandings bring forth nothing but prejudice and rejection.
Tariq Ramadan,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sakina'141
04-09-2016, 11:22 PM
:sl:

Khalid Saifullah
04-10-2016, 05:39 AM
"Part of sincerity is to accept
criticism the same way you
accept praise"

strivingobserver98
04-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Life is filled with smiles, happiness, tears, and pain.

You know the best part about it?

Allah is with us every step of the way.

Khalid Saifullah
04-11-2016, 08:22 PM
"If you have but little knowledge and you apply it, it is far better than a lot of knowledge not applied." - Sajid Kasmani

Khalid Saifullah
04-12-2016, 08:31 PM

strivingobserver98
04-14-2016, 02:52 PM
When someone says they are hurt emotionally it must be taken seriously and as a human being we need to at least take some action.

MidnightRose
04-14-2016, 06:23 PM
My wife's much smarter than me. I should listen to her more often.

ConcealedGem
04-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Close friends, that Day, will be enemies to each other, except for the righteous

43:67

subhanAllah, may Allah grant us righteous friends who will help us attain jannah

strivingobserver98
04-14-2016, 07:45 PM

strivingobserver98
04-15-2016, 10:50 AM
We all have those not-so-great moments.

Don’t believe shaytan’s lie that you’re naturally a bad person. Bad moments don’t make bad people.

Khalid Saifullah
04-15-2016, 04:24 PM
A wise man was asked :
"Is there anything worse than miserliness?:
He replied :
"Yes, it's when a kind person brags about his generosity to whom he has done a favor to."

ConcealedGem
04-16-2016, 11:57 AM

“This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”
Rumi

“You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly.”
Rumi

“I am your moon and your moonlight too
I am your flower garden and your water too
I have come all this way, eager for you
Without shoes or shawl
I want you to laugh
To kill all your worries
To love you
To nourish you.”
Rumi

Rumi will never fail to touch my heart... What an inspiration in terms of writing.. :wub:

popsthebuilder
04-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Entrance into the Kingdom is through the love of God, through detachment, through holiness and chastity, through truthfulness, purity, steadfastness, faithfulness and the sacrifice of life.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá - (Some Answered Questions)

Virtues app - available on the Android market!

strivingobserver98
04-16-2016, 02:31 PM
"If you can't feed your servants in a hotel, then atleast don't bring them with you there..."

strivingobserver98
04-16-2016, 05:02 PM

Every time someone wrongly hates on you, Allah brings you closer to Him and sends His angels to defend you. Just make sure they hate you for the wrong reason, and you respond in the right way.

That gives an entirely new dimension to "haters gonna hate."

Omar Suleiman [emoji262]

strivingobserver98
04-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Don't give up.

Allah is training your patience.

Be thankful for your trials.

If you’re being tested,
you’re being perfected.

Sakina'141
04-17-2016, 11:18 PM

Khalid Saifullah
04-18-2016, 05:22 AM

Muslim Woman
04-18-2016, 06:01 AM

A small sin today, a major spiritual crisis tomorrow. Always stay on guard!
“Sins act upon the heart like poison does. If it doesn’t kill it, it weakens it without doubt. Once the heart becomes weak, it is not able to defend itself against other spiritual illnesses.”
- Ibn al-Qayyim (Zād’l-Ma‘ād, 186/4)

strivingobserver98
04-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Choosing a gentle reply to those who mock you doesn’t mean you’re weak; it actually means you possess a rare strength from Allah.

strivingobserver98
04-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Did not know this.

BeTheChange
04-19-2016, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Did not know this.

Jazahka Allah i didn't know this. Insha Allah we won't be in this situation but very good to know.

Khalid Saifullah
04-20-2016, 03:57 AM
A message with a very deep and profound meaning ........

ConcealedGem
04-20-2016, 07:18 AM

When you want something so bad ask Allah continuously.. Don't give up. ❤️

noraina
04-20-2016, 08:48 AM

strivingobserver98
04-20-2016, 02:11 PM

ConcealedGem
04-20-2016, 05:52 PM
Ibn Al Qayyim (رحمه الله) said:

“Allaah promised you pleasures of the Hereafter, so do not be in hurry and seek them in this worldly life as you are cutting plants before their harvest time, while they are much better if you wait.
Likewise the pleasures of the Hereafter, are so much better.”

[Al- Fawaid, pg. 66]

Sakina'141
04-20-2016, 11:11 PM

Oh I love all the above picture quotes! :) Jzk!

strivingobserver98
04-21-2016, 12:08 PM
99.9% of all problems in marriage and family life come from the presence of selfishness and the absence of communication.

ConcealedGem
04-21-2016, 01:47 PM
In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.

- Rumi ❤️

Khalid Saifullah
04-21-2016, 05:43 PM

noraina
04-21-2016, 06:33 PM

noraina
04-21-2016, 06:34 PM

Hamza :)
04-21-2016, 07:41 PM
'Yesterday I was clever, so I was changing the world.
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.'
~Rumi

04-21-2016, 07:43 PM
'When the heart becomes hardened, the eyes become dry.'
~ one of the salaf

04-21-2016, 07:55 PM
If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room :bump1: :outta:

Sakina'141
04-21-2016, 11:51 PM

Sakina'141
04-21-2016, 11:58 PM
Whenever someone hurts you intentionally or unintentionally, learn to never hurt others the same way.

strivingobserver98
04-22-2016, 03:30 PM

noraina
04-22-2016, 04:18 PM

ConcealedGem
04-22-2016, 10:20 PM

noraina
04-23-2016, 02:28 PM

strivingobserver98
04-23-2016, 06:32 PM

ConcealedGem
04-24-2016, 08:16 AM

سبحان الله

Sakina'141
04-24-2016, 05:46 PM

ConcealedGem
04-26-2016, 09:39 PM

amanshaikh1086
04-27-2016, 08:56 AM
Hello

"Indeed with hardship"

Good thought sharing for this topic.

Thanks.

strivingobserver98
04-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Sometimes you get results, sometimes you don't. You just have to walk away knowing you tried your best, and let Allah handle the rest.

ConcealedGem
04-29-2016, 08:18 AM

Khalid Saifullah
04-29-2016, 02:35 PM
No one ever hurt his eyes
by looking on the bright side.

noraina
04-30-2016, 12:25 PM

strivingobserver98
04-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Gratitude is the one thing you cannot overdose on....

eesa the kiwi
05-01-2016, 06:10 AM
It is reported that ʿUthmān b. ʿAffān – Allāh be pleased with him – once addressed the people in a sermon. He praised Allāh, then said:

O people! Fear Allāh and obey Him, for piety is a valuable prize. Verily the most intelligent person is he who takes account of himself and works for what comes after death, and acquires through the light (guidance) of Allāh a light for the darkness of the grave.

The servant of Allāh should fear lest Allāh the Mighty and Sublime resurrects him blind though he used to see. A few comprehensive words can be enough for a wise man, whereas the deaf (who does not listen to guidance) is being called from afar.

And know that whoever Allāh the Mighty and Sublime is with has nothing to fear; but whoever Allāh the Mighty and Sublime is against, then in whom can he hope after Allāh?!

amanshaikh1086
05-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Hello

Quran Quotes:

"It is not the eyes that are blind but the hearts"
Quran 22:46

Khuda Hafiz.

Misbah0411
05-03-2016, 10:12 AM
"I have never regretted anything as much as my regret over a day on which the sun sets and my life span decreases while my good deeds have not increased." Ibn Mas'ud (r.a.)

eesa the kiwi
05-03-2016, 08:22 PM
It is reported that ‘Umar b. Al-Khattâb – Allâh be pleased with him – said:
We were once in a time when we did not think anyone learned the Quran seeking anything but Allâh the Exalted, but now I fear there are men who learn it and intend the people and what they can get from them. So seek Allâh with your recitation and deeds. For verily, we used to know you when Allâh’s Messenger – Allâh’s peace and blessings be upon him – was amongst us, when revelation would descend and Allâh would tell us about you. As for today, Allâh’s Messenger – peace and blessings be upon him – has passed on, and the revelation has stopped; and I only know you as I say: whoever shows what is good, we love him for it and think good of him, and whoever shows what is evil, we hate him for it and suspect him. Your secret and private matters are between you and your Lord the Mighty and Majestic.
Al-Âjurrî, Akhlâq Hamalat Al-Qur`ân article 26.

strivingobserver98
05-03-2016, 09:20 PM

goodwill
05-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Is Rumi the person the Turks call "Mevlana"?

ardianto
05-03-2016, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by goodwill
Is Rumi the person the Turks call "Mevlana"?
Mevlana (Maulana) is title for Muslim scholar. So, every Muslim scholar can be called Maulana, or Shaykh (Sheikh). Jalaludin Rumi got this title too.

eesa the kiwi
05-04-2016, 05:51 AM
"Muslims often complain about how life hard is for them with impatience. They forget that this world was designed to be a prison for you and a heaven for the disbeliever. Perspective is everything. Don't forget that we are here only for a test."

Sakina'141
05-04-2016, 05:51 PM

Sakina'141
05-04-2016, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
"Muslims often complain about how life hard is for them with impatience. They forget that this world was designed to be a prison for you and a heaven for the disbeliever. Perspective is everything. Don't forget that we are here only for a test."
Everything is a test; both hardship and ease but people so easily forget.

eesa the kiwi
05-04-2016, 11:53 PM
It is reported that some people asked ‘Alî b. Abî Tâlib – Allâh be pleased with him – to describe this worldly life (the dunyâ). He said:
Do you want a long description or a brief one? They replied, “a brief one.” He said, “Its permissible things (halâl) [lead to] accounts being taken from you, and its forbidden things (harâm) [lead to the] Fire.
Ibn Abî Al-Dunyâ, Dham Al-Dunyâ article 17.

eesa the kiwi
05-05-2016, 10:51 PM
The Beauty in the Quran

Whenever ʿAbdullāh b. ʿAbbās – Allāh be pleased with them – saw a muṣḥaf (copy of the Qurān) decorated with silver or gold he would say:

Do you tempt the thief, when its beauty is in its inside?

Abū ʿUbayd Al-Qāsim b. Sallām, Faḍāʾil Al-Qurān article 907

eesa the kiwi
05-06-2016, 05:53 AM
On the authority of ‘Abdullâh Ibn Mas’ûd – Allâh be pleased with him, who said:
May Allâh curse those women who tattoo or seek to be tattooed, those women who remove facial hair or seek it to be removed and those women who put gaps between their teeth for beautification; those who seek to change Allâh’s creation.
This reached a woman from Banî Asad who was called Umm Ya’qûb and who used to read the Qur`ân. She came to [Ibn Mas’ûd] and said, “What is this I hear from you, that you curse women who tattoo or seek to get tattooed, and those who remove facial hair and those who put gaps between their teeth for beauty, those who change Allâh’s creation?” ‘Abdullâh [Ibn Mas’ûd] replied, “And why should I not curse those whom Allâh’s Messenger has cursed and those who are mentioned in Allâh’s Book?” She said, “I have read [the Qur`ân] from cover to cover and I have not seen it mentioned.” He replied, “If you had really read it [carefully] you would have found it; Allâh the Mighty and Sublime said:
And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatever he forbids you, shun it. [Al-Hashr (59):7]
The woman then said, “Well I have just seen some of this on your own wife.” He said, “Go and see her.” So she went to the wife of ‘Abdullâh but didn’t see anything. She returned to him and said, “I don’t see anything.” He said, “Well, if any of those practices had been done I would not be with her any more.”
Al-Bukhârî and Muslim. This translation is from the version in Muslim.

Theistic
05-06-2016, 07:03 AM
“Declare your jihad on thirteen enemies you cannot see -egoism, arrogance, conceit, selfishness, greed, lust, intolerance, anger, lying, cheating, gossiping and slandering. If you can master and destroy them, then you will be ready to fight the enemy you can see.” - Al Ghazali

strivingobserver98
05-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Your life will continue to be without drama as long as you continue to take advice from Allah and stay away from negative people.

eesa the kiwi
05-06-2016, 09:17 PM
It is reported that Makhûl – Allâh have mercy on him – said, “The people with the softest hearts are those who sin the least.”
Abû Nu’aym, Hilyah Al-Awliyâ` Vol. 2 p344.
It is reported that ‘Awn b. ‘Abdillâh, the ascetic and jurist, said, “Sit with the repentant, for they have the softest hearts.”
Abû Nu’aym, Hilyah Al-Awliyâ` Vol. 2 p192.

strivingobserver98
05-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Prayer can move mountains. Complaining, on the other hand, hasn't even moved a stone.

ConcealedGem
05-07-2016, 08:46 PM

It really doesn't cost a thing. ^.^

eesa the kiwi
05-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Praise be to Allâh for this Calamity

It is reported that Shurayh – Allâh have mercy on him – said, “If I am afflicted with a calamity, I praise Allâh for it four times: I praise Him because it wasn’t worse than it was, I praise Him when He gives me the patience to bear it, I praise Him for enabling me to say al-istirjâ’ (‘To Allâh we belong and to him we will return’; see Al-Baqarah: 154-156 ) in hope of a great reward, and I praise Him for not making it a calamity in my religion.”
Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ`, in his biography of Shurayh Al-Qâdî

eesa the kiwi
05-08-2016, 10:18 PM
It is reported that when Al-Hasan Al-Basrî was on his deathbed, some of his companions came to him and said:
O Abû Sa’îd, offer us some words you can benefit us with. He replied, “I will equip you with three words, then you must leave me to face what I am facing. Be the farthest of people from those things you have been forbidden, and be the most involved of people in the good you have been commanded to do; and know that the steps you take are two steps: a step in your favor and a step against you, so be careful where you come and where you go.”
Abû Nu’yam, Hilyah Al-Awliyâ` 2:154

eesa the kiwi
05-09-2016, 05:18 AM
It is reported that ‘Umar b. ‘Abd Al-‘Azîz once wrote to Al-Hasan Al-Basrî to get a brief exhortation from him, so Al-Hasan wrote back , “The dunyâ distracts and preoccupies the heart and body, but al-zuhd (asceticism, not giving importance to worldly things) gives rest to the heart and body. Verily, Allâh will ask us about the halâl things we enjoyed, so what about the harâm!”
Al-Bayhaqî, Al-Zuhd Al-Kabîr, article 26.

popsthebuilder
05-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Is haram spiritual?

eesa the kiwi
05-09-2016, 11:07 PM
It is reported that Imâm Al-Awzâ’î (d157H) wrote:
O Muslims, fear Allâh and obey Him, and accept the advice of the sincere advisers and the exhortation of the exhorters, and know that this knowledge is religion, so be careful about what you do [in it] and from whom you take [it] and who you follow and who you trust your religion to. For verily, the followers of Bid’ah are all falsifiers and liars, neither are they careful nor do they fear and protect [against wrongdoing], and nor are they to be trusted to not distort what you hear. They say what they know not when criticizing and decrying or when affirming their lies. But Allâh encompasses what they do. So be on guard against them, suspect them, reject them and distance yourselves from them, for this was what your earlier scholars and the righteous latter ones did and instructed others to do.
Beware of rising against Allâh and becoming instruments in the destruction of His religion and undoing its handholds by respecting the innovators, for you know what has come down to us about respecting them. And what stronger respect and veneration can there be than taking your religion from them, following them, believing them, being close to them and helping them in alluring those they allure and attracting those they attract of the weak Muslims towards their ideas and the religion they practice? This is enough to be considered a partnership and contribution to what they do.
Ibn ‘Asâkir, Târîkh Dimishq 6:361, 362.

Sakina'141
05-10-2016, 06:40 PM

Hopes N Prayers
05-10-2016, 09:44 PM

eesa the kiwi
05-10-2016, 09:59 PM
It is reported from Al-Hasan Al-Basrî that he said, “If a man from amongst the Salaf were to be sent forth today, he would not recognize anything from Islam.” He put his hand on his cheek and added, “Except this prayer (salâh).” Then he said, “But by Allâh, this does not apply to the person who lives in this unfamiliar time, never having seen the Righteous Predecessors, but who sees [instead] the innovator calling to his bid’ah, and the follower of worldly wealth calling to his materialism, but Allâh protects him from all this and makes his heart love and aspire to those Righteous Predecessors, asking about their way, searching and trying to follow in their footsteps, and adhering to their path. Such is a person who will be recompensed with an immense and great reward. So be you all like this, by Allâh’s permission”.
Ibn Waddâh, Al-Bida’ Vol. 1 p190.

strivingobserver98
05-11-2016, 05:14 PM
For a happy life! I need this doormat :).

noraina
05-11-2016, 05:22 PM

I especially like this quote:)

eesa the kiwi
05-11-2016, 10:22 PM
It is reported that ‘Abdullâh b. ‘Abbâs – Allâh be pleased with him – said, “Love for Allâh and hate for Allâh, make your enmity because of Allâh and your allegiance because of Allâh; for indeed, the love and support of Allâh is not achieved save through this. And a man will never taste true faith (îmân) – though he may pray and fast much – except when he is like that. Today, the people’s brotherhood is based upon worldly considerations (dunyâ), but this will not do anything for them on the Day of Resurrection.”
Ibn Al-Mubârak, Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqâ`iq article 353.

Khalid Saifullah
05-12-2016, 01:39 AM
الأعداء كثير
فلا تزيد عددهم بسوء الأخلاق .
Translation:
Enemies are many,
so do not increase the number of your enemies by adopting bad character

strivingobserver98
05-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Obey Allah.
Live your life.
Love yourself.
Love others.
If people don't like it, oh well.
Just keep going.

Sakina'141
05-13-2016, 12:23 AM

Nothing brings peace and tranquility to the mind like the verses of the Quran and the hadith of our Prophet saw. We can try and read so many articles and quotes from many wise men but nothing compares to the Quran and the Speech from the best of creation.

"And whoever places his trust in Allah, Sufficient is He for him, for Allah will surely accomplish His Purpose: For verily, Allah has appointed for all things a due proportion." (Qur’an 65:3)

"[There were] those to whom people said:
The people are gathering against you, so fear them. But it only increased their faith; they said: For us Allah is Sufficient and He is the best Disposer of affairs” (Qur’an 3:173)

The Prophet (saw) said "
Be mindful of God, and He will take care of you. Be mindful of Him, and you shall find Him at your side. If you ask, ask of God. If you need help, seek it from God. Know that if the whole world were to gather together in order to help you, they would not be able to help you except if God had written so. And if the whole world were to gather together in order to harm you, they would not harm you except if God had written so. The pens have been lifted, and the pages are dry. (Tirmidhi)

Amazing. Nothing compares to the most truthful and purest of speech. May Allah increase our knowledge and understanding of Quran and hadith and increase our remembrance of Allah, Ameen.

strivingobserver98
05-13-2016, 03:07 PM
One of the biggest lessons you should've learned already in life is that no matter how hard you try, you simply CANNOT please everyone.

Khalid Saifullah
05-13-2016, 07:16 PM
The smallest act of kindness
Is worth more the greatest intention

Sakina'141
05-13-2016, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
One of the biggest lessons you should've learned already in life is that no matter how hard you try, you simply CANNOT please everyone.
My dad used to always say that we must always be focused on pleasing Allah with everything we do, not pleasing people. This includes being kind and merciful to others even to those who are not kind and intends bad for us. Trust me you will not be bothered about ingratitude and rudeness when you do all good work to please Allah alone, that's the secret & beauty of sincerity of intentions.

Sakina'141
05-14-2016, 12:05 AM

strivingobserver98
05-14-2016, 03:33 PM
Do not lose hope in Allaah, for He is Al Khaliq, the Creator!
He can grant us a child even if all the doctors have said its impossible.
He can create solutions to our problems.
He can create ease when we are facing hardships.
He can create happiness when we are sad.
He can create another way for us when we are lost.
He can create healing for our pains.
He can create relief us when we are in despair.
So call on Him, beg Him. For verily when He wills to do something, NO FORCE of this universe can stop Him!
Allaah simply says: 'Be' and its becomes...

strivingobserver98
05-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Be busy enough preparing for your own Jannah that you don't have time to criticize others but not too busy to help those in need.

Sakina'141
05-15-2016, 08:50 PM

"Today is a new day." - Chicken Little

*Love Chicken Little*

strivingobserver98
05-17-2016, 05:03 AM
Aag lage tere kuwu khode. - Gujrati Proverb
When the fire ignites then dig a well - sarcastically meaning don't leave things too late, be prepared for scenarios to unfold before hand; there is wisdom in preparation.

strivingobserver98
05-18-2016, 05:53 PM
5 reason's why Allaah gives us trials:
1. To direct us.
2. To inspect us.
3. To protect us.
4. To correct us.
5. To perfect us.

ConcealedGem
05-19-2016, 04:20 PM
Your child will follow your example, not your advice. [emoji254]

ConcealedGem
05-20-2016, 05:54 PM

Sakina'141
05-21-2016, 11:47 PM

strivingobserver98
05-22-2016, 05:48 AM
It doesn't cost to have good manners.

It doesn't cost to be humble.

But many people find this difficult to do.

Sakina'141
05-23-2016, 10:53 PM

Where there's a will, there is a way. Never give up & put your trust in Allah.

Arfa
05-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Know that Victory comes with Patience,Relief with Affliction and Ease with Hardship.Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Sakina'141
05-25-2016, 01:37 AM

The reason I liked the name Sakina is because it means to have peace and tranquility of the heart & mind that is inspired by Allah and to me personally that is the only true (highest) state of peace.

eesa the kiwi
05-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Sufyan At-Thawri (ra) used to say, "If Shaytan defeated me yesterday (i.e. in causing me to sin), I will defeat him tomorrow with repentance and good deeds."

popsthebuilder
05-25-2016, 11:04 AM
O ye beloved of the Lord! The Kingdom of God is founded upon equity and justice, and also upon mercy, compassion, and kindness to every living soul. Strive ye then with all your heart to treat compassionately all humankind

‘Abdu’l-Bahá - Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Virtues app - available on the Android market!

strivingobserver98
05-26-2016, 12:53 AM
The biggest lie that one can tell is ‘I don’t have any time’.

The real answer should be ‘I don’t use my time wisely enough to have time.’

Hopes N Prayers
05-26-2016, 07:50 AM

strivingobserver98
05-26-2016, 12:27 PM
It's easy to criticize, condemn & complain. Many love doing this. But it takes a good soul to build others up, show kindness & compassion.
- Mufti Ismail Menk

noraina
05-26-2016, 02:24 PM

MidnightRose
05-27-2016, 03:10 AM
To become pious is compulsory,
but to think of one's self as being pious is Haraam.

- Hazrat Ml Shah Abdul Hamid Ishaaq

Muslim Woman
05-28-2016, 03:55 PM

"Be thankful for the life you have. Stop wishing to be in someone else's shoes, even if yours have holes in them. Everyone faces trials."

- Mufti Ismail Menk

Sakina'141
05-28-2016, 10:28 PM

"Surely, Allah loves not those who are conceited, vainglorious; those who are miserly and encourage miserliness among people. They conceal what Allah has given them from His bounty. We have prepared for the rejecters of faith a humiliating punishment."

"Those who are miserly and enjoin miserliness on other men and hide what Allâh has bestowed upon them of His Bounties. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a disgraceful torment."(4-Surah An-Nisa : Ayah 37)

"And let not those who covetously withhold of that which Allâh has bestowed on them of His Bounty (Wealth) think that it is good for them (and so they do not pay the obligatory Zakât). Nay, it will be worse for them; the things which they covetously withheld shall be tied to their necks like a collar on the Day of Resurrection[]. And to Allâh belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth; and Allâh is Well¬Acquainted with all that you do." (3-Surah Al-E-Imran : Ayah 180)

Sakina'141
05-28-2016, 10:32 PM
The worst type of men are rich stingy men. They really don't have any excuse.

MidnightRose
05-30-2016, 04:51 AM
Stop asking why something "bad" happened. What you see as "bad" will mould you into the person that you are. The Almighty makes no mistakes!

- Mufti Ismail Menk

MidnightRose
06-01-2016, 05:32 AM
If Allah can bring an end to this world, He can surely bring an end to your problems. There is absolutely nothing He can’t fix. Have faith.

- Shaykh Yunus Palanpuri

Hopes N Prayers
06-01-2016, 05:46 PM

Sakina'141
06-01-2016, 11:33 PM

Always give more and take less.

See the good in everyone, everyone has some good in them but remember no one is perfect either.

Life is a constant reflection, everyone is a test and a lesson. No two people are the same.

Stick by your morals and don't let the bad nature/character/ways of others influence you. Learn from the good and ignore the bad and remember you just can't change some people who has no intension in changing.

Sakina'141
06-02-2016, 12:20 AM

Don't feed the internet trolls.

Hopes N Prayers
06-02-2016, 01:23 AM

Hopes N Prayers
06-02-2016, 01:29 AM

noraina
06-02-2016, 01:27 PM
SubhanAllah,

MidnightRose
06-03-2016, 07:06 AM
Dislike the sin but not the sinner.

- Shaykh Shah Abdul Hamid Ishaaq

Qurratul Ayn
06-04-2016, 06:25 PM

Qurratul Ayn
06-04-2016, 06:25 PM

Muslim Woman
06-05-2016, 07:47 AM

13310378 1069228263163162 1215212623462593603 n?oh2561b2844224c4b19c90f365d33cfe99&ampoe58064D7F -

noraina
06-05-2016, 10:02 AM
SubhanAllah, to so much truth in this. I'm not interested in the criticisms of people I don't know and who don't know me.

13266942 621486934692428 1342890680 n?ig cache keyMTI2NDkxMzEyMjEyMTI5NzczMg3D3D2 -

noraina
06-05-2016, 10:13 AM
13098987 1720298394885483 661862006 n?ig cache keyMTI0MTE4MDYzOTgxNTA4NTI0MQ3D3D2 -

MidnightRose
06-05-2016, 10:16 PM
When you have full trust in Him, it will break down barriers you never knew existed. So when your heart is hurting, pray. Let Him take over.

- Mufti Ismail Menk

MidnightRose
06-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Pay no attention to the whispers of Shaytaan.
He who worries about it falls prey to more.
Ignoring it is the way to repel it.

Sakina'141
06-09-2016, 12:19 AM

file 21 1453385220587689800?itokpidQT9DE -

Sakina'141
06-09-2016, 12:22 AM

You can't learn to fly without falling.

MidnightRose
06-09-2016, 10:07 PM
One of the most amazing qualities of the human is adaptation. Resolve and have the will power not to succumb to sin.

- Shaykh Sulaiman Moola

Sakina'141
06-10-2016, 02:37 AM

MidnightRose
06-12-2016, 05:44 PM
I don't know how to raise my hands in dua to you because I am so sinful but how can I not raise my hand because you are so kind!

- Shaykh Sulaiman Moola

MidnightRose
06-13-2016, 05:24 AM
We sin as if Allah didn't see us,
but when Allah forgives it is as if He saw nothing.

AbdurRahman.
06-13-2016, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

jazaALlah!

oops I called you brother; you're a sister! :Emoji47:

eesa the kiwi
06-14-2016, 05:56 AM
“Whenever Allah, the Exalted prevents His believing servant from something during this worldly life, He will bestow upon him something which is better and more useful to him. It should be noted that this is only granted to the believers.” [al-Fawwaid]

Muslim Woman
06-14-2016, 04:51 PM

"As long as you pray, you knock on the door of Allah and whoever knocks at the door of Allah, He will will open it for him"

Ibn Qayyim , Al Fawa'id page 248

Sakina'141
06-15-2016, 01:30 AM

Sakina'141
06-15-2016, 01:37 AM

Don't lose your Islamic morals when you are surrounded by spiteful, backbiting, arrogant people. Stick with your good morals; make excuses and defend the defenceless people and pray for the forgiveness and guidance of those with ill character & unfortunate personalities. Hate the sins, not the sinners but don't listen to bad speech and distance yourself from envious, dishonest & spiteful people.

noraina
06-15-2016, 06:13 PM
Such a wealth of treasures we have in Islamic history, alhamdulillah.

Sakina'141
06-16-2016, 02:29 AM

The Prophet Muhammad SAW said "The most valuable things in life are a tongue which mentions God, a grateful heart and a believing wife who helps a man with his faith." [Al-Tirmidhi]

MidnightRose
06-16-2016, 12:50 PM
If it wasn't for our failing health, we would have still assumed we were young.

- Qari Sohel Mangera

Aisha
06-16-2016, 01:57 PM
Good health is a crown that the healthy wear, but only the sick can see.

- Imam Shafi RA

MidnightRose
06-17-2016, 08:21 PM
The intelligence of an obedient (servant of Allah) is enhanced at the time of hardship and he becomes more alert because Allah Ta'ala
creates spiritual insight and vision in him on account of his obedience and piety.

- Shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanwi (:rh:)

MidnightRose
06-18-2016, 04:13 PM
You can never please everyone, especially if you are true to yourself, and even more so if you are true to Allah.

- Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq

MidnightRose
06-19-2016, 09:36 PM
"No matter how unmindfully a person mentions the Name of Allāh, it does not go without effect."

- Hadrat Shaykh Rashīd Ahmad Gangohī :rh:

noraina
06-22-2016, 10:24 AM

Arfa
06-22-2016, 05:08 PM
You are Not a drop in the ocean, you are the entire ocean in a drop.

Rumi

MidnightRose
06-23-2016, 12:03 AM
You will spend more time underground (grave) than on the ground.

- Maulana Anwar Shaikh

Sakina'141
06-23-2016, 01:46 AM

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-23-2016, 09:12 PM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

"We are all travellers on a long journey home – to Jannah, Insha-Allah. This world is just a stop en-route.We are all in transit until we board the flight of death."

[Maulana Yunus Patel رحمة الله عليه.]

MidnightRose
06-26-2016, 02:09 AM
Our Imaan should be that the laws of Allah are 100% percent correct.
We shouldn’t suffer from an inferiority complex.

'abd al-hakeem
06-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As:

that the Messenger of Allah (sulla allahu aleihi wa sallam) said:

"Indeed Allah will distinguish a man from my Ummah before all of creation on the Day of Judgement. Ninety-nine scrolls will be laid out for him, each scroll is as far as the eye can see, then He will say: 'Do you deny any of this? Have those who recorded this wronged you?'

he will say: 'No, O Lord!'
HE will say: Do you have an excuse?'
he will say: 'No, O Lord!'

So HE will say: 'Rather you have a good deed with us, so you shall not be wronged today." Then HE will bring out a card (Bitaqah); on it will be: "I testify to La Ilaha Illallah, and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger."

HE will say: 'Bring your scales.' he will say: 'O Lord! What good is this card next to these scrolls?'

HE will say: 'You shall not be wronged.'

He said: 'The scrolls will be put on a pan (of the scale), and the card on (the other) pan: the scrolls will be light, and the card will be heavy, nothing is heavier than the Name of Allah.'"

Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2639
In-book reference : Book 40, Hadith 34
English translation : Vol. 5, Book 38, Hadith 2639

Source: http://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/40/34

'abd al-hakeem
06-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Ibn `Umar [may Allah be pleased with him] said:

“We were with the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) when a man among the people said: ‘Allah is most exceedingly great, and praise is due to Allah, abundantly, and glory to Allah morning and night (Allāhu akbaru kabīran wal-ḥamdulillāhi kathīran wa subḥānallāhi bukratan wa aṣīlā).’

So the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘Who is the one who said such and such?’ So a man among the people said: ‘Me, O Messenger of Allah (ﷺ).’ He said: ‘I was amazed at it. The gates of heaven opened up for it.’”

Ibn `Umar said: “I have not abandoned them since I heard [them] from the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ).”

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3592
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 223
English translation : Vol. 6, Book 46, Hadith 3592

Source: http://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/48/223

MidnightRose
06-27-2016, 11:51 PM
"When you sit in the dark before your Lord, employ the practice of a child, who when he cannot get something cries until he receives it"

- Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf

'abd al-hakeem
06-28-2016, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
"When you sit in the dark before your Lord, employ the practice of a child, who when he cannot get something cries until he receives it"

- Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf
Subhana Rabbiyal 'ala - jazakallahu khair for this copy paste.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this :)

Sakina'141
06-30-2016, 01:06 AM

You cannot live your youthful life waiting for the perfect spouse to come along in hopes of doing things together to achieve your dreams and to go on pilgrimage and other worship & devotion to please Allah. You must reach for the stars, follow your heart, live your dream; when your young, healthy and active make the most of life adventures with you and just Allah and your soul mate will join you when its meant to be by the will of Allah at the perfect time. Never forget Allah is the best companion with everything you do, hold tight to that connection and remembrance of Allah - Al-Wadud, Ash-Shakur, As-Samad and never let go.

Sakina'141
06-30-2016, 01:23 AM

The rights of the Poor, Needy, Displaced People and the Obligations of the Wealthy People and Countries:

And in their wealth is a recognized right. For the (needy) who asks and the one who is deprived. (Al-Ma`arij 70:24,25)

It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards East or West. But the righteousness is to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Prophets, and to give of your wealth out of love for Him, to your kin and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves… (Al-Baqarah 2:177)

And those who hoard up gold and silver and do not spend in the Path of Allah then warn them of the painful torment. (At-Tawbah 9:34)

And let not those who covetously withhold of that which Allah has bestowed on them of His Bounty (wealth) think that it is good for them. Nay, it will be worse for them; soon shall the things which they covetously withheld be tied to their necks like a twisted collar on the Day of Resurrection. To Allah belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do. (Aal `Imran 3:180)

Zakah is obligatory upon those who possess the appropriate amount on which Zakah is due. Allah states in the Qur’an:

And they were commanded not except to worship Allah, offering Him alone sincere devotion, being true (in faith); to establish regular Prayer; and to give calculated Charity; and that is the right Religion. ( Al-Bayyinah 98:5)

Verily alms are for the poor and the needy, and those employed to administer (the funds); for those whose hearts have been (recently) reconciled (to the truth); for those in bondage and in debt; in the cause of Allah; and for the wayfarer: (thus is it) ordained by Allah, and Allah is All- Knower and All-Wise. (At-Tawbah 9:60)

And those saved from the covetousness of their own souls; they are the ones that achieve prosperity. (At-Taghabun 64:16)

MidnightRose
07-01-2016, 08:23 PM
The minimum guaranteed return for one Durood is 70 fold. Which investment gives this kind of returns on Earth?

Arfa
07-02-2016, 12:03 AM
I learned that Every mortal will taste death but some will taste life

Rumi

Arfa
07-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Allah is the Protector of those who have faith.From depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light.

Quran : 2:257

AhmedGassama
07-02-2016, 02:09 AM
O lord ! the night is beautiful when i pray to you in private
O lord ! The day is beautiful when i help your servants

AhmedGassama
07-02-2016, 02:19 AM
I live with a heart that i sealed
With nothing but God's love
If i could i would live with my eyes closed
And i would open them when i can see you
O lord! I love you with all my being
Even if my love for you would take away all my power!

Muslim Woman
07-02-2016, 05:03 PM

“Become a scholar if you are able. If you are not able, then be a student. If you can not, then show love for them.

If you are unable to do that, then (at least) do not hate them.”

— Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz

AhmedGassama
07-03-2016, 12:41 AM
I saw contentment as the best treasure
So i held onto it tight, not letting go
So no one sees me waiting at doors
Nor am i preoccupied by people
I have become rich without having a dime
Walking as a king among people.

Muslim Woman
07-07-2016, 04:18 PM

Imam Ibn Rajab said:
“Eid is not for the one who wears new clothes. Eid is for the one whose obedience rises. Eid is not for the one with beautiful clothes and fine means of transport, Eid is for the one whose sins are forgiven.”
[“Al-Lata´if”, 371]

BeTheChange
07-07-2016, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Imam Ibn Rajab said:
“Eid is not for the one who wears new clothes. Eid is for the one whose obedience rises. Eid is not for the one with beautiful clothes and fine means of transport, Eid is for the one whose sins are forgiven.”
[“Al-Lata´if”, 371]
Alhamdulilah wise words.

OmAbdullah
07-08-2016, 07:55 PM
We must live between the FEAR of Allah and the HOPE of Allah's MERCY.

Muslim Woman
07-09-2016, 03:33 AM

" If Allah wants good for his servant, He allows time to benefit him and increase his overall day to day productivity. However if Allah wants bad for His servants, He allows time to be against him and he becomes unproductive each and every day that goes by ".
Ibn Qayim (r)

Arfa
07-09-2016, 07:26 AM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5567&ampstc1 -

Arfa
07-09-2016, 07:27 AM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5568&ampstc1 -

BeTheChange
07-09-2016, 11:36 PM
^^ Very simple advice but when implemented there is tremendous reward and benefit. Suhana Allah.

Muslim Woman
07-12-2016, 07:44 AM

"Know that hearing and eyesight are two open doors, whatever enters through them reaches the heart. How many things does a man see or hear, which he should not have, but once they have entered the heart, it proves difficult to remove them?”
Imam al-Ḥaddad

MidnightRose
07-12-2016, 08:01 PM
The Prophet (:saws:) said: Allah said, "I am to my slave as he thinks of Me."

(i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him)

Source

Muslim Woman
07-14-2016, 04:22 AM

"When you have nothing left except Allah, then you find that Allah is always enough for you!"

-Dr.Bilal Philips

MidnightRose
07-16-2016, 11:23 PM
When your heart is clean, you won’t assume everyone else’s heart is dirty. When you’re truthful, you won’t assume everyone else to be a liar.

What you see in everything around you is only a reflection of yourself. May Allah purify our hearts, and use us to purify that which is around us.

Source

MidnightRose
07-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Our Beloved Master Prophet Mohammed :saws: said:

Source: Jamiatul Ulama KZN

MidnightRose
07-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Do good no matter how small it may be, for indeed you do not know which good deed will enter you into Jannah.

Source

Mursaleen
07-21-2016, 09:04 PM
true lover will offer you nikah not zina

MidnightRose
07-22-2016, 07:43 AM
13697069 1465986290093728 8045712474666605244 n?oh01983ac4013ca45913bf89fa68040f40&ampoe58291A9C -

ResearchScholar
07-22-2016, 12:01 PM
To get the most beautiful flower you must carefully avoid thorns
Likewise to get to Jannah you must carefully avoid sins.
– Sheikh Ahmad Musa Jibril

ResearchScholar
07-22-2016, 12:02 PM
“And whoever does a wrong or wrongs himself but then seeks forgiveness of Allah will find Allah Forgiving and Merciful.”
Quran (4:110)

eesa the kiwi
07-22-2016, 11:12 PM
It is reported that Abūl-ʿĀliyah said:
There will come upon the people a time when their hearts will be derelict of the Qurān; they will find neither sweetness nor pleasure by it. If they fall short of doing what they have been commanded to do, they will say: Allāh is most forgiving, merciful (He will forgive us), and if they do what they have been forbidden from doing, they will say: we will be forgiven, we haven’t committed any shirk with Allāh. Their affairs will all be based on [false] hope, having no truth and sincerity with it. They will wear the skins of lambs over hearts of wolves. The best of them in his religion will be someone who compromises.
Imām Aḥmad, Al-Zuhd article 1741.

MidnightRose
07-23-2016, 05:15 PM
Even when we think we have nothing, we have Allah :arabic4:, and Allah :arabic4: is everything.

Source

MisterK
07-23-2016, 11:17 PM
"We have an obligation to one another, responsibilities and trusts. That does not mean we must be pigeons, that we must be exploited. But it does mean that we should look out for one another when and as much as we can; and that we have a personal responsibility for our behavior; and that our behavior has consequences of a very real and profound nature.

We are not powerless.

We have tremendous potential for good or ill. How we choose to use that power is up to us; but first we must choose to use it.

We're told every day, 'You can't change the world.' But the world is changing every day. Only question is...who's doing it? You or somebody else?"

-J. Michael Straczynski

strivingobserver98
07-24-2016, 02:27 AM
Cheating is easy, Committing is hard.
Judging's easy, Trusting's hard.
Revenge's easy, Forgiving's hard.
What's harder makes you stronger.

MidnightRose
07-26-2016, 11:22 PM
Never think you can choose better for yourself than Allah :arabic4: can. It is He who created you; it is He who knows what is best for you.

Source

MidnightRose
07-27-2016, 08:34 PM
The best moments of your life are the moments you spend completely focused on Allah such that you forget everything else.

Source

MisterK
07-28-2016, 12:29 AM
“People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.”

- Neil Gaiman

MidnightRose
07-28-2016, 07:12 PM
13872912 1026993837396262 8979735319338697670 n?oh566471db57acc4b3fc20ec21de1dfcd5&ampoe5814B65E -

Source: Shaykh Hasan Ali

MidnightRose
08-01-2016, 04:57 AM
Sometimes, when the situation seems too big, too complicated, too unbearable, hand it over to Allah :arabic4:.
* His capabilities are boundless.

When you find yourself at a loss for words, you just don’t know what to say; ask Allah :arabic4: to guide your tongue.
* His words are inexhaustible.

When you find your courage challenged, your strength waning and you don’t even know if you will be able to get out of bed to face another day in a seemingly dirty, dark, death-wishing dunya. Ask Allah :arabic4: to lift you up.
* His strength will more than suffice you.

If you are feeling that the menacing clouds of tribulation gathering over the Sea of Despair are harbingers of yet another gut -wrenching storm, take time to pray.
* You will find that the light of truth will shine its life-giving rays through those clouds, caressing your heart, quickening it and allowing you to live, love and laugh for another day.

* Who could ask for more? *

Source

Arfa
08-01-2016, 05:34 AM
To thrive in life, you need three bones.

1) A wishbone

2) A backbone

3) A funnybone

Reba MacEntire

noraina
08-01-2016, 12:20 PM
You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there. - unknown

MisterK
08-01-2016, 09:22 PM
"Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy - in fact, they are almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other."

- Robert A. Heinlein, "Stranger in a Strange Land"

MidnightRose
08-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Waking up with a clean heart & going to sleep with a clean heart free from ill feelings or thoughts of anybody is a great blessing of Allah.

- Mufti Faraz Adam

MidnightRose
08-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Never lose trust in the Power (Qudrat) of Allah, no matter what happens.
Allah is aware of our condition, and He will send His help.

MisterK
08-05-2016, 03:18 AM
"Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking."

- Kahlil Gibran

MidnightRose
08-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Never stop talking to the Almighty. Tell Him what you're experiencing. After all, He created us. Only He can replace sadness with happiness.

- Mufti Ismail Menk

MisterK
08-08-2016, 02:28 PM
"The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It’s overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt."

- Leo Buscaglia

MidnightRose
08-09-2016, 02:07 AM
Nobody is sinless. But I pray to Allah that I sin less.

- Shaykh Yunus Palanpuri

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-09-2016, 05:46 PM
قيل: صف لي نعيم الجنة

...قال: فيها رسول الله

صلى الله عليه وسلم

An `Aalim was asked, "Describe to me the pleasure of Jannah." He said, "In it is Rasoolullaah...

صلى الله عليه وسلم"

Aaqib
08-09-2016, 08:52 PM
"The dumbest humans are the ones who think that intelligence is comparable"

^This is referring to the school kids going like "I'm smarter than you!", you know? That's what the quote is referring too.

MidnightRose
08-11-2016, 01:48 AM
The more reassurance we have that the Merciful Lord is in control of all circumstances and consequences the more we'll control our stress.

- Shaykh Bilal Ali Ansari

MidnightRose
08-14-2016, 09:54 AM
If you don't speak out against an evil, there is a strong possibility you could soon fall into that sin.

MisterK
08-14-2016, 01:33 PM
"Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

MidnightRose
08-21-2016, 08:33 AM
Build a relationship with Allah by talking to Him in your native language. Talk to Him & see how He responds to your every word.

- Mufti Faraz Adam

MidnightRose
08-25-2016, 04:33 AM
The love of sin has entered the hearts of many
They don’t even want to hear about giving up these sins,
rather they just want to pass it off

MuhammadIbrahim
08-25-2016, 05:20 AM
Verily, Thanks to Allah for accepting my supplications while I was prostrating to Him! Allah has accepted my repentance. I'm very happy now, but I'm also afraid that i can not continue, so brothers and sisters pray for me, please.

naveedsubhani
08-25-2016, 12:39 PM
God bless you

naveedsubhani
08-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Yes it is true, Make your connections strong with Allah

زهراء
08-25-2016, 03:38 PM
" It's not the burden that brings you down, but the way you carry it. "

Aaqib
08-25-2016, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhammadIbrahim
Verily, Thanks to Allah for accepting my supplications while I was prostrating to Him! Allah has accepted my repentance. I'm very happy now, but I'm also afraid that i can not continue, so brothers and sisters pray for me, please.
How do you know Allah accepted your repentance?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-25-2016, 03:50 PM
"Strange is the relationship with Allaah, the Majestic.

We sin as if He is seeing nothing. And He forgives as if He saw nothing."
[ - Unknown.]

MuhammadIbrahim
08-26-2016, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
How do you know Allah accepted your repentance?
Brother Aaqib,
I know that Allah The Almighty has accepted my repentance because whenever that sin comes in front of me, I strongly feel that I discard it. Moreover, I feel my life was changed for the better after I had left that sin.
May Allah The Almighty repent on all the wrong-doers, Ameen!

MuhammadIbrahim
08-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Peace and Blessings be upon you, Messenger of Allah!

MuhammadIbrahim
08-26-2016, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MisterK
"The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It’s overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt."

- Leo Buscaglia
Thank you brother for sharing those strong, lovely, and influencing words!

MidnightRose
08-27-2016, 05:32 AM

Source: Jamiatul Ulama KZN

strivingobserver98
08-28-2016, 12:11 AM
"Start your day telling yourself 10 things in your life you are thankful for. I guarantee you'll be happier when you're done."

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-28-2016, 06:35 PM
قال بقية: سمعت الأوزاعي يقول: ندور مع السنة حيث دارت

شرح أصول اعتقاد أهل السنة والجماعة للطبري

Baqiyyah said, "I heard (Imaam) al-Awzaa`i saying, "We turn with the Sunnah wherever it turns."

زهراء
08-28-2016, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
قال بقية: سمعت الأوزاعي يقول: ندور مع السنة حيث دارت

شرح أصول اعتقاد أهل السنة والجماعة للطبري

Baqiyyah said, "I heard (Imaam) al-Awzaa`i saying, "We turn with the Sunnah wherever it turns."
سبحان الله..beautiful

Sent from my GT-I9195 using IslamicBoard mobile app

MidnightRose
08-29-2016, 04:32 AM
Look at those who are less fortunate than you so that you are not ungrateful for the things which you have been blessed with by Allah.

- Source

MidnightRose
08-31-2016, 01:59 PM
When you're trying your best, that's what matters. It may not be good enough for some, but that's ok. The Almighty knows & will guide you.

- Mufti Ismail Menk

MidnightRose
09-02-2016, 05:35 AM
So often we regard something as trivial, but by Allah it is serious.

Aay1K0
09-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Thank you, for sharing beautiful words.

MisterK
09-04-2016, 01:11 AM
"Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so."

- Noam Chomsky

MidnightRose
09-06-2016, 05:08 AM
“Patience is that the heart does not feel anger towards that which is destined and that the mouth does not complain.”

— Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah :rh:, [al-’Uddah, p. 156]

Source

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-06-2016, 11:21 AM
"For everything the slave (of Allaah) loses, there is a substitute. But for the one who has lost Allaah, there is no substitute." [`Allaamah ibn al-Qayyim رحمة الله عليه.]

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 02:13 PM
A wise man was told, "So-and-so has amassed a lot of wealth!" He asked, "Has he amassed days in which to spend it?" They said, "No." He said, "Then he hasn't amassed anything."

سيف الله
09-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Salaam

'Atheism is a disease of the soul before it becomes an error of understanding.'

Plato

Sakina'141
09-10-2016, 10:26 PM

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah wrote down the decrees of creation fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth.” He said: “And His Throne was upon the water.” (Muslim)

"No slave of Allah will truly believe until he believes in Al Qadr its good and bad from Allah, until he knows that what has befallen him was not going to miss him and that what missed him was not going to befallen him.'(Tirmidhi)

"Take precautions as everybody is guided to that which has been destined for him., i.e. you should drink to quench your thirst If something bad comes its because of our bad doings and if something good reaches us then it is from Allah grace."

"Whatever of good reaches you is from Allah and whatever of evil befalls you is from yourself."(4:79)

MidnightRose
09-11-2016, 07:51 PM
"If one cannot reach the house of Allah because it's far, then he should aim for Allah Himself because He closer than the jugular vein"

- Ibn Rajab :rh:

Source

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-11-2016, 08:48 PM
"What can my enemies do to me? My Jannah is in my heart; wherever I go, it goes with me. For me, being killed is Shahaadah (martyrdom); imprisonment is a chance to devote myself to `Ibaadah, and being exiled from my land is but a chance to travel."

[- Shaykh-ul-Islaam ibn Taymiyyah رحمة الله عليه.]

Muslim Woman
09-16-2016, 03:32 PM

Life is not guaranteed at all... But death is absolutely guaranteed upon all, yet we still prepare for life more than death.
~ Mufti Ismail Menk

Scimitar
09-16-2016, 05:31 PM
"What can my enemies do to me? My Jannah is in my heart; wherever I go, it goes with me. For me, being killed is Shahaadah (martyrdom); imprisonment is a chance to devote myself to `Ibaadah, and being exiled from my land is but a chance to travel."

[- Shaykh-ul-Islaam ibn Taymiyyah رحمة الله عليه.]
He died in prison. Those Bloody Mongols.

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-16-2016, 06:20 PM
It was the Muslim rulers of the time who had him imprisoned, though. Many people were jealous of him; many simply didn't understand his views; many disagreed because the things he was speaking (like Jihaad) went against their desires.

MidnightRose
09-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Here is a beautiful motivation... - Mufti Yusuf Moosagie

M.I.A.
09-18-2016, 05:03 PM
subhanAllah.

..remember not to sell your grandma off.

Maybe this is why nobody should marry for love.

eesa the kiwi
09-19-2016, 06:52 AM
True wealth is not that of the dunya (this world), it is that which you have invested in your Akhirah (hereafter).

MidnightRose
09-20-2016, 07:20 PM

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 07:47 PM

Umm Abed
09-20-2016, 07:53 PM
Why Jumuah? ^

Serinity
09-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Belief in Al-Qadr brings contentment and Sabr in hardship, gratitude and gratefulness in times of ease. The one who understands Al-Qadr, is never too excited about the good that happens, nor does he become despondent over the bad that befalls him. Cause everything that happens is by the Decree of Allah, and what one must aim for is the Lord of the Worlds. One's aim is to please Allah. To become of His beloved.

Thus all the hardships, and all the times of ease that flies by, is but another opportunity to validify one's commitment to Al-Islam. And one's pure exclusive devotion to Allah.

- Serinity.

Can any scholar confirm, whether it is Islamic, what I said?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Why Jumuah? ^
It was sent as a Jumu`ah message, that's why it has the "Jumu`ah Mubaarak" piece attached. That part should be ignored.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Belief in Al-Qadr brings contentment and Sabr in hardship, gratitude and gratefulness in times of ease. The one who understands Al-Qadr, is never too excited about the good that happens, nor does he become despondent over the bad that befalls him.

- Serinity.

Can any scholar confirm, whether it is Islamic, what I said?
Correct.

Umm Abed
09-20-2016, 08:03 PM
It was sent as a Jumu`ah message, that's why it has the "Jumu`ah Mubaarak" piece attached. That part should be ignored.
:jz: I understand now.

Serinity
09-20-2016, 08:07 PM
Correct.
And thus the only way to succeed is to rely on Allah. In the face of difficulty and opposition / ignorance, one's reliance should be on Allah alone.

None understands us better than Allah :swt: . To fear Allah alone, to worship Him alone, is to free oneself from the chains of this world.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

MidnightRose
09-23-2016, 04:08 AM
'Umar ibn al-Khattab :ra: said: “You should seek sincere brothers, for they are an adornment at times of ease & a support at times of calamity.”

Source: Rayyan Institute

MidnightRose
09-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Always keep this in mind. - Shaykh Zahir Mahmood

14440747 1110169089068680 4052294204334781666 n?ohc21522cf3ce1e2ed9ad4dab08189ab70&ampoe58865256 -

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.