/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems Beautiful Quotes, Proverbs, Sayings

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

syilla
01-06-2012, 01:37 AM
"So beware of Allah regarding women for you have taken them as a trust from Allah and you have made their bodies lawful with the word of Allah. ." Bukhari & Muslim

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tawangar
01-06-2012, 05:50 AM
And what will make you know (exactly) what Hell-fire is? It spares not, nor does it leave! Burning and blackening the skins! Over it are nineteen.
Sura Muddaththir, v. 27-30.

Tawangar
01-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Do you realize if it weren't for Edison we’d be watching TV by candlelight?
Al Boliska.

Innocent Soul
01-08-2012, 08:18 AM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
01-08-2012, 04:00 PM
:sl:

Food for Thought~ not for Stomachs!

Abû Al-Dardâ`~ [Allâh be pleased with him] ~used to say:-

“Learn knowledge before it is taken away, and it is taken away by its people (scholars) being taken away.

The scholar and the student are partners in good and there is no good in any other people.

The richest of men is the knowledgeable man whose knowledge is needed!

he benefits those who need him and if done without, he benefits himself with the knowledge Allâh [Azza wa Jall ]has placed with him.

So how is it I see your scholars dying yet the ignorant amongst you not learning?

I fear that the predecessor will depart and the successor will not learn.

If the scholar studies,
he only increases in knowledge,

and he does not take anything away from knowledge.

And if the ignorant studies,
he will find knowledge firm and established.

So how is it that I see you full up with food, yet starved of knowledge?”

[Al_Asr]

Muslim Woman
01-08-2012, 04:03 PM

I was wondering it it's better to post Quranic verses and Hadith in other related threads like Hadith of the day etc.

Ghazalah
01-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Wslm..

^Good point. But sometimes I see quotes, which are gems, but ahadith and Quranic ayats are so much better, so I get the urge to post them here. If that even makes sense :exhausted

'Do not let difficulties fill you with anxiety;
After all, it is only in the darkest nights that the stars shine more brightly.'

~Ali (RA)

Ghazalah
01-08-2012, 11:08 PM
'Don't wonder why Allah swt doesn't grant us all our wishes immediately,
but rather give thanks that He doesn't punish us immediately for all our mistakes.'

~Unkown.

sis muslimah
01-08-2012, 11:54 PM
After obligatory rites, the action most beloved to God is delighting other Muslims.

(Tabarani)

Flame of Hope
01-09-2012, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Wslm..

^Good point. But sometimes I see quotes, which are gems, but ahadith and Quranic ayats are so much better, so I get the urge to post them here. If that even makes sense :exhausted

'Do not let difficulties fill you with anxiety;
After all, it is only in the darkest nights that the stars shine more brightly.'

~Ali (RA)

Sister, this thread is for BEAUTIFUL gems. And if those gems are from the Qur'an and the hadiths.... then they SHOULD be here. The thread would be terribly incomplete without them.

Jazakallah khair for posting some really beautiful jewels. :statisfie

They warm the heart so.

Tawangar
01-09-2012, 06:28 AM
"Those who show no mercy will be shown no mercy."
(From the Prophet :saws: as part of a longer hadith from the Shaikhayn)

"O Allah, make my inner nature better than my outer, and make my outer nature good. O Allah, I ask Thee to give me some of the abundance thou givest to men, in family, property and children, which neither strays nor leads astray."
[Sunan Tirmidhi: dua' that the Prophet:saws1: taught 'Umar(ra)]

Flame of Hope
01-09-2012, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tawangar
"Those who show no mercy will be shown no mercy."
(From the Prophet :saws: as part of a longer hadith from the Shaikhayn)

"O Allah, make my inner nature better than my outer, and make my outer nature good. O Allah, I ask Thee to give me some of the abundance thou givest to men, in family, property and children, which neither strays nor leads astray."
[Sunan Tirmidhi: dua' that the Prophet:saws1: taught 'Umar(ra)]

"Like To The Power of 1000" :statisfie

A priceless gem for sure.

Jazakallah khair for sharing.

Innocent Soul
01-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall...
~William Shakespeare

Flame of Hope
01-09-2012, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent soul
some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall...
~william shakespeare
awesome!!!

sis muslimah
01-09-2012, 11:37 PM
All women are pearls of great value, but some of us have been deceived into doubting the value of our purity. Pearls are priceless and should be protected and guarded from unworthy eyes.

Tawangar
01-10-2012, 05:35 AM
'I have forbidden Paradise for the disbelievers.' Allah(swt).

Part of a hadith of Sahih Bukhari 4:569 on the authority of Sayyiduna Abi Hurayra.

Tawangar
01-10-2012, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall...
~William Shakespeare
To be or not to be, that is the question.;D

Innocent Soul
01-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.

Flame of Hope
01-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
:wub: to the power of 1000.

tw009
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
“Do not look at a man’s prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity.” — Umar ibn al Khattab (radhi’alla anhu)

Flame of Hope
01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
“Do not look at a man’s prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity.” — Umar ibn al Khattab (radhi’alla anhu)
Subhanallah!

*gives sister tw009 a big hug*

:wub: to the power of one million. ;D

sis muslimah
01-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Allaah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of Affairs (for us).

(The Quran Aal ‘Imraan 3:171)

Ghazalah
01-11-2012, 12:03 AM
'"Keep yourself busy in remembering your faults so that you have no time left to remember the faults of OTHERS''
-Imam Sufyan ath-Thawri (Rahimahullah)

Ghazalah
01-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Only a true believer fears hypocrisy whereas the hypocrite himself feels safe from it.
- Hasan al-Basri

Ghazalah
01-11-2012, 12:06 AM
The ibtilaa’ (testing) of the believer is like medicine for him. It cures him from illness. Had the illness remained it would destroy him or diminish his reward and level (in the hereafter). The tests and the trials extract these illnesses from him and prepare him for the perfect reward and the highest of degrees (in the life to come).”
-Ibnul Qayyim

^Beautiful analogy.

Ghazalah
01-11-2012, 12:08 AM
‎''Words are Under Your Control Until You Speak Them , But You Come Under Their Control Once You Have Spoken Them''

[Ali Ibn Abi Thalib (R.A)]

Flame of Hope
01-11-2012, 02:03 AM
''Words are Under Your Control Until You Speak Them , But You Come Under Their Control Once You Have Spoken Them''

[Ali Ibn Abi Thalib (R.A)]
La ilaha il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah!! :exhausted

Tawangar
01-11-2012, 05:20 AM
‘Say: The Truth has come from your Lord. Let him who will, believe it, and let him who will, reject it.’
(al-Kahf 18: 29)

Tawangar
01-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Man to Satan: "You don't scare me. I was married to your sister for ten years!"

rose17
01-11-2012, 09:43 AM
i love reading this thread, thanks for sharing beautifull quotes and sayings.....

sis muslimah
01-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Abu Hurayrah (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Be prompt in doing good deeds (before you are overtaken) by turbulence which would be like a part of the dark night. A man would be a believer in the morning and turn to disbelief in the evening, or he would be a believer in the evening and turn disbelief in the morning, and would sell his Faith for worldly goods.”
[Sahih Muslim]

Muslim Woman
01-12-2012, 01:16 AM

" If exposure of your body is modernism, therefore, animals are the most modern creatures on Earth."

Dr. Zakir Naik.

Flame of Hope
01-12-2012, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
" If exposure of your body is modernism, therefore, animals are the most modern creatures on Earth."

Dr. Zakir Naik.
:wa:

Yeah, can't beat the animals in that department. ;D

Tawangar
01-12-2012, 07:44 AM
"MY MERCY WILL PREVAIL OVER MY WRATH!" - Allah(swt)

Part of a Hadith Qudsi from the Shaikhayn and the Sunans of Nasa'i & Ibn Majah on the authority of Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra from the Prophet:arabic5: from Allah:arabic4:. This is also the first hadith in the Arbai'n of Imam Nawawi.

Flame of Hope
01-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Al Fudail Ibn 'Iyaad said;

Do not feel lonely on the paths of guidance just because few people travel them, and do not be deceived by the abundance of destroyed travelers [on the paths of misguidance].

[The Book of Manners by Fu'ad Ibn 'Abdul-'Azeez Ash-Shulhoob, Page 31]

Ghazalah
01-12-2012, 09:21 PM
^He was some guy. May Allah swt have mercy on his soul, ameen.

There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah.
— Bukhari

Ghazalah
01-12-2012, 09:24 PM
I love to see the brothers being at their very best during the night (in humble devotion) for surely that is nobler than being at ones very best during the day. The reason for this is that during the day one is seen by people while during the night one is seen by the Lord of the Worlds”

~
Muhmmad b Al Munkadir

sis muslimah
01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Allah the Exalted loves him who forgoes worldly life, the Angels love him who rejects the vices, and the Muslims love him who gives up greediness in respect of the Muslims.

(Uthman ibn Affan)

tw009
01-14-2012, 01:31 AM
"Sit with those who love Allah, for that enlightens the mind." - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab

Flame of Hope
01-14-2012, 07:20 AM
"Sit with those who love Allah, for that enlightens the mind." - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab

I'd love to.... but how do we find them? How to recognize who they are? :hmm:

Tawangar
01-14-2012, 07:29 AM
A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.

Baltasar Gracian

marwen
01-14-2012, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham
but how do we find them? How to recognize who they are?
You recongnize them among the people who don't love this dunya, who dont run after the embellishments of life; but they love Allah and look after the aakhira. The people who have zuhd (asceticism) in their hearts.
You certainly can't find them among people who love dunya.

Love for Allah and love for dunya can't meet in one heart. You can't love dunya and love Allah. And you can't love Allah and then love this dunya.

Imam shafi'ee said : "Whoever claims to have gathered in his heart the love of this dunya and the love of its Creator, has indeed lied".

Innocent Soul
01-14-2012, 09:16 AM
“If the heart is sick, the forbidden becomes attractive and obedience of God becomes something you look at with contempt.”
— Ibn al Qayyim

Flame of Hope
01-14-2012, 04:17 PM
“If the heart is sick, the forbidden becomes attractive and obedience of God becomes something you look at with contempt.”
— Ibn al Qayyim

Yes, thanks to the Shaytan.

La ilaha il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah.

Flame of Hope
01-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Whenever asked about a matter, Zayd b. Thâbit – Allah be pleased with him - would himself ask, “Has this happened?” If they told him that the matter had not yet occurred he would not inform them of an answer, but if they told him it had happened he would answer them.

- Al-Âjurrî, Akhlâq Al-‘Ulamâ` no.81; Al-Khatîb, Al-Faqîh wa Al-Mutafaqqih Vol2. P13.

sis muslimah
01-14-2012, 06:45 PM
What does freedom' mean?
Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
but death for the fish,
The sea is wide for the fish
but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
freedom from slavery to other than the One,
Who offers a shoreless ocean of love to swim in
and a horizon that extends to the next life,
Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

tw009
01-14-2012, 11:26 PM
"The sweetness of this life is found in remembering Allah; the sweetness of the next life will be found in seeing Him." - Yasir Qadhi

sis muslimah
01-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Anas said: The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: 'None of you Truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, his child and all the people.' Some other reports add: 'his life, his wealth and his family.'

(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Tawangar
01-16-2012, 05:16 AM
If you think that you are bad, then I am your dad.;D

sis muslimah
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Things aren't always as they seem.

Umm-e-moosa was told to throw her son in the river
Hazrat yusuf (a.s) was left to die in a well.
Hazrat maryam delivered a child alone.
Hazrat yunus (a.s) was swallowed by a fish
Hazrat ibrahim (a.s) was thrown in the fire.

Yet look at how it turned out for them, in the end.

Allah always has a better plan for us,
Things may not start off too Well,
But the ending is usually better than we except.

If today you are facing hard times,
Have faith and pray for a better tomorrow.

Miracles do happen when
You seek guidance from Allah.

For he is all-knowing,
All-wise & all-powerful.

Flame of Hope
01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah

Miracles do happen when

For he is all-knowing,
All-wise & all-powerful.

Love to the power of 1000. :wub:

serena77
01-16-2012, 05:02 PM

Miracles do happen when

For he is all-knowing,
All-wise & all-powerful.
sister, thank you for posting this. I am having trouble dealing w/ quite a few things right now and reading this does help remind me of where my priorities lay.
May you have a beautiful week.
Serena

Ghazalah
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
''Oh son of Adam, sell this World for the hereafter and you win both, sell the hereafter for this World and you lose both."

~Hassan Al-Basree.

Ghazalah
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Your're walking & you see a LION in front of you, you run to get away from it- until you see a cliff. You see a rope so you climb down it but at the bottom you see a CROCODILE. !

Then you you see BLACK & WHITE MICE nibbling on the rope. You see no escape & feel scared.Then, DROPS OF HONEY begin to drip into your mouth from a honeycomb above, Due to the SWEETNESS of the honey, you forget about the danger around you.

This is HOW we live our lives,
THE LION is Malik-Ul -Maut ( angel of death ) who will eventually catch up to us.
THE CROCODILE is our grave which we forget about, which is where we will end up, our real home.
The BLACK & WHITE MICE are days & nights that pass by everyday.
HONEY is the world. We are so engrossed in the love of this world that we fail to remember that everyday we are closer to death,

Snap out of the sweetness of the this Life Dear Muslims!!

Not exactly a quote or proverb :exhausted :D

Flame of Hope
01-16-2012, 06:54 PM
''Oh son of Adam, sell this World for the hereafter and you win both, sell the hereafter for this World and you lose both."

~Hassan Al-Basree.

I've always wondered what that means.... selling this world for the Hereafter.

Can someone explain a bit? :hmm:

Flame of Hope
01-16-2012, 07:40 PM
"He whom death overtakes while he is engaged in acquiring knowledge with a view to reviving Islam with the help of it, there will be one degree between him and the Prophets in Paradise." (Al-Tirmidhi Hadith # 249. Narrated by Hasan Al-Basri)

Flame of Hope
01-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Anas bin Malik (Radi Allahu Anhu) narrated that the Prophet (Sal Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: "The people are the dependents of Allah, and the most beloved of Him is he who is the most helpful to His dependents." (Al-Tabarani)

:wub:

Ghazalah
01-16-2012, 07:50 PM

Wslm...

What's the opposite of sell? Keep, have, own. We don't want these connotations with the dunya. We want the opposite, hence sell. This is my interpretation of the Arabic meaning when reading these quotes, cuz a lot is lost when it's translated into English. But that is how I understand it...

sis muslimah
01-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Islam is University,
World is class room,
Quran is Sylabus,
Hazrat Muhammad SAW is the teacher,
Allah is the Examiner,
Try to pass the final exam

Flame of Hope
01-17-2012, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
You recongnize them among the people who don't love this dunya, who dont run after the embellishments of life; but they love Allah and look after the aakhira. The people who have zuhd (asceticism) in their hearts.
You certainly can't find them among people who love dunya.

Love for Allah and love for dunya can't meet in one heart. You can't love dunya and love Allah. And you can't love Allah and then love this dunya.

Imam shafi'ee said : "Whoever claims to have gathered in his heart the love of this dunya and the love of its Creator, has indeed lied".

I found some more information on this. How to recognize those people. Alhamdulillah! I think the people who really love Allah are the special friends of Allah.

Who are the Awliya? (The Special Friends of Allah).

Hammam bin Shuraih asked ‘a wise man’ to narrate the qualities of the people of taqwa so that he would be able to see them in front of him. The wise man said:

When Allah created His creation, He did so while He was completely independent of their obedience towards
Him and of their disobedience towards Him.

No disobedience can hurt Him and no obedience can benefit Him.

Then He distributed amongst them (the creation) their means of sustenance and placed them on earth.

The people of taqwa on earth are those of virtue: their speech is correct (true); their garments are of moderate nature and their walk is one of humility. They lower their gaze when they see something that Allah has forbidden them to see, and they give ear to beneficial knowledge. They maintain their integrity in both adversity and prosperity.

Had it not been for the appointed time that Allah has written for them (death), their souls would not remain
an extra second in their bodies out of yearning for reward and fear of punishment.

The Creator ranks Supreme in their eyes, so everything else becomes immaterial to them. They are with Paradise as if they had already witnessed it and enjoyed its presence. They are with Hell as if they have already seen it and tasted its torment.

Their hearts grieve and their evil (if any) is non-contagious. Their bodies are lean, their needs are few and their
souls are chaste. They observe patience for a few days and experience everlasting comfort.

This is a profitable exchange that their Lord has made pleasant for them. The world tempts them, but they do not succumb. It imprisons them, but they ransomed themselves in exchange.

During the nights they stand in rows and read portions of the Qur’an. They recite it with proper recitation which grieves their hearts and drink it (the Qur’an) like medicine. If a verse of yearning comes along, they reach for it and believe it is their destination. If an intimidating verse comes along, they pour their hearts towards it and believe that Hell and its screams are in their ears.

They sleep on their foreheads and elbows (i.e. they engage in prayers so much that it is as if they
sleep in those postures) and implore Allah to deliver them.

In the day they are tolerant and learned, kind and God-fearing. Fear has chipped away at their bodies as if they were arrows. Anyone looking at them would think that they were sick. But they are not sick. Some will say that they are confused. A great fear has made them look like that. They are never content to do only a few actions (during the day), nor do they ask for a great deal.

They condemn themselves and are apprehensive about their deeds. If one of them is called ‘pious’
he fears what will be said of him and says:

‘I know myself better than you do. My Lord knows me better than I do. O Allah! Do not take me to task for what they are saying about me and (O Lord) make me better than they think. Forgive my sins which they do not know about.’

Their signs are that they are strong in Islam, resolute in their softness, firm in their belief. They crave for knowledge and are knowledgeable with tolerance; moderate in richness; pleasant in hunger; forbearing in distress; seeking halaal; active in (pursuing) guidance and they abhor greed. They perform good deeds in fear (of rejection). They spend the evening in gratitude and the morning in remembrance. They sleep in alarm and they awake in joy. If their carnal selves make it difficult for them to fulfill that which they dislike they deprive them (their selves) of that which they like.

The apple of their eyes is in what does not perish and their abstemiousness is in what disappears. They combine knowledge with tolerance and speech with action.

You will find their hopes are realistic, their mistakes few, their hearts humble, their selves content, their diet
meager, their matters simple, their deen safe-guarded, their desires killed and their anger subdued.

Goodness is expected from them and evil is shielded against them. If they are among those who are oblivious, they are counted amongst those who remember (Allah).

If they are among those who remember, they are not written among the oblivious. They pardon those who wrong them; they provide for those who deprive them and meet those who sever ties with them. They are never profane and always lenient.

They wrong doings are almost non-existent and their good deeds are always present. They are resolute when the earth quakes, steadfast in calamities and grateful in prosperity. They are not prejudiced against those they dislike nor do they favour those they love.

They acknowledge the truth before it appears and do not lose anything they are entrusted with. They do not call anyone names nor do they hurt their neighbours. They do not curse at the time of difficulties nor do they venture into falsehood. Silence does not bother them and if they laugh they do not raise their voices. If they are treated with injustice they remain patient until Allah vindicates them.

Their own selves live in toil while others are comfortable around them. Their abstinence from those who stay
away from them is their exoneration (from malice). Their proximity to those who are close to them is a means
of mercy (for those who are close to them). Their remaining aloof is not out of pride and arrogance and their being close is neither a ploy nor a scheme.

I marked in red what I thought was especially important.

Tawangar
01-17-2012, 07:28 AM
We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.
—Robert Wilensky

Tawangar
01-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Lo! Allah loves those who do good.
al Qur'an.

Innocent Soul
01-17-2012, 08:04 AM
I remembered this verse. :)

Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed. [It is] a true promise [binding] upon Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah ? So rejoice in your transaction which you have contracted. And it is that which is the great attainment.
(Surah Taubah 9:111)

I am a bit late :unsure: because I was not able to visit the last page of 3 or 4 threads from some days .:phew

Muslim Woman
01-17-2012, 08:13 AM

....God will shower His mercy on those who suffered for His sake in the worldly life, believing that an eternal bliss was awaiting them. But those who abused the bounties of God, caring nothing for the life to come, will be in the most miserable state. Drawing a comparison between them, the Quran says:

Then is he whom We have promised a good promise which he will meet [i.e. obtain] like he for whom We provided enjoyment of worldly life [but] then he is, on the Day of Resurrection, among those presented [for punishment in Hell]?

(Quran, 28:61)

The Quran also states that this worldly life is a preparation for the eternal life after death. But those who deny it become slaves of their passions and desires, making fun of virtuous and God-conscious persons.

http://www.islam-guide.com/life-after-death-by-wamy.htm

'Abd-al Latif
01-17-2012, 10:46 AM
:salamext:

Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems, in my opinion, to characterize our age.

Albert Einstein

sis muslimah
01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
"When you have todepart from this world and have to meet death (eventually) then why wish delay (why feel nervous) about death ..."

Hazrat Ali [R.A]

Innocent Soul
01-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Do not let difficulties fill you with anxiety.After all, it is only in the darkest nights that the stars shine more brightly.
-Ali (RA)

Muslim Woman
01-19-2012, 01:57 PM

"Do Not Love the ones who do not love ALLAH. If they can leave Allah, they can leave you!"

~Imam Ash Shafi'ee rahimahullah

Flame of Hope
01-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Do not let difficulties fill you with anxiety.After all, it is only in the darkest nights that the stars shine more brightly.
-Ali (RA)

Alhamdulillah! How true. Yet, in my case, I get more anxious when I face no difficulties and the going is smooth. :exhausted

Flame of Hope
01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Wslm...

What's the opposite of sell? Keep, have, own. We don't want these connotations with the dunya. We want the opposite, hence sell. This is my interpretation of the Arabic meaning when reading these quotes, cuz a lot is lost when it's translated into English. But that is how I understand it...

Jazakallah khair sister.

Flame of Hope
01-19-2012, 04:36 PM
....God will shower His mercy on those who suffered for His sake in the worldly life, believing that an eternal bliss was awaiting them. But those who abused the bounties of God, caring nothing for the life to come, will be in the most miserable state. Drawing a comparison between them, the Quran says:

Then is he whom We have promised a good promise which he will meet [i.e. obtain] like he for whom We provided enjoyment of worldly life [but] then he is, on the Day of Resurrection, among those presented [for punishment in Hell]? (Quran, 28:61)

The Quran also states that this worldly life is a preparation for the eternal life after death. But those who deny it become slaves of their passions and desires, making fun of virtuous and God-conscious persons.

http://www.islam-guide.com/life-after-death-by-wamy.htm

Jazakallah khair sister. I think I understand a little bit better what it might mean.

sis muslimah
01-19-2012, 05:22 PM
And do not kill any one whom Allah has forbidden except for a just cause

(Al Qur'an - 17: 33)

Tawangar
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.

sis muslimah
01-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Speak the truth even though it be bitter.

(ibn Hibban)

'Abd-al Latif
01-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Not every successful man. Ibn Taymiyah never got married.

Tawangar
01-21-2012, 06:11 AM
“One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know.”

Groucho Marx

Innocent Soul
01-22-2012, 01:00 AM

Flame of Hope
01-22-2012, 04:31 AM

Oh dear sister, can I give you a huge hug for posting this? :wub:

tw009
01-23-2012, 01:17 AM
"When she is a daughter, she opens a door of Jannah for her father. When she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. When she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet - If everyone knew the true status of a muslim women in Islaam, even the men would want to be women" [Shiekh Akram Nadawi]

Muslim Woman
01-23-2012, 05:34 AM

"When she is a daughter, she opens a door of Jannah for her father. When she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. When she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet - If everyone knew the true status of a muslim women in Islaam, even the men would want to be women" [Shiekh Akram Nadawi]

Wonderful :statisfie

Tawangar
01-23-2012, 06:07 AM
“I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.”

sis muslimah
01-24-2012, 02:26 AM
And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your deeds of obedience to Allaah as a favour to Allaah).

(The Quran al-Muddaththir 74:6)

sis muslimah
01-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Sufyaan Athawri (RA) says:

“In our view, a person does not have an understanding of the religion until he thinks of a hardship as being a blessing, and a comfort and luxury as being a hardship.”

Tawangar
01-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Don't disturb me. I am disturbed enough already.:p

Tawangar
01-25-2012, 05:22 AM
"I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve."
Surah Anfal, al Qur'an al Karim.

Tawangar
01-25-2012, 05:25 AM
"Your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to your parents."
Sura al Isra', al Qur'an al Karim.

Tawangar
01-27-2012, 05:22 AM
Surprising that two sisters liked this quote. When I sent it by sms to my wife, her head caught fire.;D
Salamun 'alaykum.

Tawangar
01-27-2012, 05:25 AM
"Allah is beautiful and loves beauty."
Part of a longer hadith from Sahih Muslim.

Muslim Woman
01-27-2012, 07:55 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Not every successful man. Ibn Taymiyah never got married.

Imagine how more successful he could have become if he got married ;D

Muslim Woman
01-27-2012, 07:56 AM

Surprising that two sisters liked this quote. When I sent it by sms to my wife, her head caught fire.;D
Salamun 'alaykum.
by any chance , sis thought u meant ' another ' wife ???

~Zaria~
01-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Attachment 4589

:)

Txyib
01-27-2012, 08:29 PM
these are some good quotes i haven't read all but thy sound good
wasalam

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril.

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all.

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

wasalmaulaikum
محمد طيب

sis muslimah
01-27-2012, 11:04 PM
And keep them (your wives) in good fellowship

(Al Qur'an - 2:229, 231)

Life_Is_Short
01-27-2012, 11:46 PM
"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill." (Muhummad Ali)

Tawangar
01-28-2012, 06:13 AM

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." Groucho Marx.

Innocent Soul
01-28-2012, 01:04 PM
“Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.”
- Charles Dickens

'Aleena
01-28-2012, 04:34 PM
A lovely thought and prayer:'
Ya ALLAH ! when the world "criticizes" me a million times over
Ya ALLAH ! when the world keeps telling me "hurtful" things
Ya ALLAH ! when the world keeps pushing “ugly” at me.
Ya ALLAH ! as long as I am beautiful to you, nothing else matters!

Please give me the courage to hold firm to your Deen!
(Elahi ameen)

Muslim Woman
01-29-2012, 05:35 AM

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves - Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal rahimahullaah

Muslim Woman
01-29-2012, 05:50 AM

Ibn Masud said: "Falling asleep when remembering Allah is from Shaytan, if you want you can test this: when you lie down and want to fall asleep, try remembering Allah." (Bukhari)

Can someone please explain this to me? :embarrass

hmmm just decide I will recite Quran now or will offer 100 extra salat ; u will fall asleep in one minute :hmm:

sis muslimah
01-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Modesty is part of faith and fosters only goodness

(Muslim)

Innocent Soul
01-30-2012, 01:36 AM
Defeat is not the worst of failures
Not to have tried is the worst of failures.
- George E. Woodbury

Tawangar
01-30-2012, 04:47 AM
"Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star."

Tawangar
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
"Paradise lies in the shade of swords." - The Prophet(saws).

Part of a longer hadith from Bukhari & Muslim.

Muslim Woman
01-31-2012, 01:36 AM

“Speech by itself is worthless,

unless it is followed by action.

Speech and action by themselves are worthless,

unless they have the right intention.

And speech, action, and the right intention are worthless

unless they agree with the Sunnah.”

[‘Abdullāh ibn Mas‘ūd]

Innocent Soul
02-01-2012, 12:03 PM

Tawangar
02-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Man to woman: Who do you send to buy my clothes? I want them killed immediately.:heated:

Tawangar
02-02-2012, 05:09 AM
"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing."
Blaise Pascal

Ghazalah
02-04-2012, 12:12 AM
If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshipped. -Evelyn Underhill

Innocent Soul
02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
There are three kinds of people; those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those who don't know what's happening.

tw009
02-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Supplication is the provision of the believer, solace of the worshipper, refuge for the one afraid, shelter for the distressed, and a weapon for the fighter.

Tawangar
02-06-2012, 06:34 AM
“Whoever thinks his actions shall save him from the fire or take him to Allah’s pleasure, then he has placed his self and actions in danger. And he who places trust in the bounty of Allah, then Allah will take him to the utmost stations of His pleasure.”
Abu Muhammad al Murta'ish: Al Bidaya wa'l-Nihaya of Ibn Kathir.

~Zaria~
02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Never laugh at ur wifes choices... Cos ur one of them. ;D

Innocent Soul
02-07-2012, 01:59 AM

tw009
02-07-2012, 05:03 AM
Son of Adam; You seek the world as if your very life depended on it and you seek the Hereafter as if you have no need for it! You will acquire what you need from this world even if you don’t run after it, but you’ll only attain the Hereafter if you run after it.-Yahya ibn Mu’adh

Aprender
02-07-2012, 05:09 AM
If your heart is broken, know that He is Al Jabbar, the One who mends. If your heart is dead, know that the One who can give life to the dead body, can give life to your dead heart. - Yasmin Mogahed

Tawangar
02-07-2012, 05:42 AM
‘In earning the world lies the disgracing of souls, and in earning the hereafter is its honour. How strange is that person who opts for disgrace in seeking that which shall perish over honour in seeking that which shall remain?' Abu 'Ali Rudhbari.

'This way of ours is bound by the Book and the Sunnah. He who does not read the Quran and writes hadith should, according to our madhhab and way, not be followed.’ Junaid ibn al Muhammad ibn al Junaid (al Qawarir).

Muslim Woman
02-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Ibnul Qayyim –(rahimahullaah) – said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt.

The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit."

Tawangar
02-08-2012, 04:58 AM
“The reality of faqr is that one does not have want for anything except Allah.”
Al Shibli.

Tawangar
02-08-2012, 05:00 AM
“Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.”
Ibn Taymiyyah.

Tawangar
02-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.:skeleton:

Muslim Woman
02-08-2012, 07:05 AM

Muslim Woman
02-10-2012, 01:48 AM

Rabia Basri's quotes:

• When asked about some worldly thing she wanted to have, she replied: I am ashamed to ask for a thing of this world from Him to whom this world belongs; how can I ask for it from those to whom it does not belong.

• Indeed your days are numbered, for when one day passes; a significant portion of your life has passed away. And when that portion has fled, soon it will come to pass that your whole life has disappeared. As you know this, strive always towards the performance of good deeds.

• I am not after any reward for my good works, but only that on the Day of Judgment the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) should say to the rest of the Prophets: 'Behold this woman of my community; this was her work.'

• All people are afraid of the reckoning of the Day of Judgment, whereas I long for it. At last Allah will address me as ‘O, My servant!'

• Conceal your good qualities as much as you conceal your bad qualities.

• Death is a bridge between friends. The time now nears that I cross that bridge, and friend meets Friend.

Authored by: Abu Tariq Hijazi

Tawangar
02-10-2012, 07:42 AM
I came, I saw, I conquered.:coolalien

Tawangar
02-10-2012, 07:47 AM
"When Imam al-Bukhari exited the house (of Muhammad ibn Salam), Muhammad bin Salam said to those present: "Have you ever seen a virgin with as much shyness as this man?"

[Siyar A'lam an-Nubala; 12/418]

Innocent Soul
02-10-2012, 01:05 PM
God often uses small matches to light great torches. No matter how small we feel in this world you are always special and great in God's eyes.

~Zaria~
02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Strap something that weighs about 10lbs to your stomach and leave it there for 9 months.

.........Then think about disrespecting your mum.

Tawangar
02-11-2012, 07:21 AM
"I am sending you a caravan (of provisions which is so long that) one end of it will be in Syria while the other end will be in Madinah."
Ameen al Ummah Abu 'Ubayda ibn al Jarrah in response to Ameer al Mu'mineen Sayyiduna 'Umar al Farooq's appeal for aid at the time of famine. `Abu Ubayda was Governor of Syria and Supreme Commander of the Muslim Army at that time.

Muslim Woman
02-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Allah has created the angels from intellect but He did not place lust in them,
He created animals with lust but did not place intellect in them, but He placed both intellect & lust in humans,

therefore he whose intellect overcomes his lust is greater than the angels & he whose lust overcomes his intellect is lower than animals.

Ali Ibn Abi Thalib (R.A)

Tawangar
02-13-2012, 05:58 AM
"I did not issue fatwa until 70 scholars testified on my behalf that I am qualified for it."
Imam Malik ibn Anas (Tazyin al Mamalik by al Jalal al Suyuti)

Innocent Soul
02-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Neon Teen
02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
People are hated for a single mistake, even though there are thousand reasons to love... :)

'Abd-al Latif
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neon Teen
People are hated for a single mistake, even though there are thousand reasons to love... :)
Now I know what kind of man YOU are. :muddlehea

(kidding)

tw009
02-14-2012, 12:22 AM
“In life, search for a beautiful heart, not a beautiful face. Beautiful things are not always good, but good things are always beautiful.”

Innocent Soul
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Allah often uses small matches to light great torches.
No matter how small we feel in this world.
We are always special and great in Allah's eyes.

tw009
02-14-2012, 06:21 PM
You love what you obey. And you obey what you love...So be careful what you love. - Yasmin Mogahed

Tawangar
02-15-2012, 05:15 AM
"Wait a while; there will come to you mounts, carrying lions in shining armor, battalions followed by battalions."
Khalid ibn al Walid (ra)

Muslim Woman
02-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Salaam
"Wait a while; there will come to you mounts, carrying lions in shining armor, battalions followed by battalions."Khalid ibn al Walid (ra)
do u have the background of this quote ? Looks like it has an interesting story.

Muslim Woman
02-15-2012, 03:27 PM

Sitting with the poor and less fortunate people removes the ego and pride from your heart.

- Ibn Al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

~Zaria~
02-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Does Insanity Rule? :hmm:

Attachment 4651

Tawangar
02-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Salaamdo u have the background of this quote ? Looks like it has an interesting story.
Yes, sister.
Hadrat Ayaz ibn Ghanam wrote a letter to Hadrat Khalid asking for reinforcements and help in fighting the rebel tribes of Arabia. This is the answer that he gave.:scared:

Tawangar
02-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Once Imam 'Amash wore an inverted sheepskin coat so that the wool was outside. Someone suggested, "O Abu Muhammad. Why don't you wear the wool inside? That will be warmer for you." He said, "Why don't you suggest this to the sheep?";D

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 11:53 AM
osm fb status :
The hacker has hacked all da accounts but he cant hack mine coz he knows dat messin wid me is like putting ur hand into a sharks mouth!!!!!

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Universal Truth:

Past is a waste paper
Present is a news paper
Future is a question paper
So,
Read 'n write carefully...
Otherwise
Life will be a tissue paper..!

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
"The biggest mistake is to think that it's too late to start something... and not doing anything at all."

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Some times in life we run so fast that we dont notice anyone running with us.. We notice them only when we fall down and they stop to pick us up... they are friends and families :)

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:30 PM
To get the BEST out of Life, Realize your Past without Regret, Handle your Present with Confidence, Prepare for the Future without Fear .. :)

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:32 PM
"there is no market for your emotions" so never advertise your feelings" just Display your Attitude"........!

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Think thousand time before you take a decision but never turn back even if you get thousand difficulties after such decision.

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:34 PM
The only dissability in life is a bad attitude :)

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:37 PM
success is never achieved by the size of brain. it is always achieved by the the size of your thoughts! always have a positive thoughts!!!

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Be satisfied with life But, unsatisfied with The results you produce That's the best way to keep Growing n discover your hidden potential.

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Making friends for the complete life is not important.But having a friend who fills up the incompleteness in your life is most important..

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Play The Moments Pause The Memories Stop The Pain Rewind The Happiness.!!

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:47 PM
"Don't mix the words with your Mood because you'll have many options to change the mood but you'll never get any option to replace Your spoken words...."

~Zaria~
02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Attachment 4653

Don't give up!
Stay up!
Don't stop!
Keep moving!
Don't cry!
Rejoice.
Possibilities exist in the toughest problems.

- Unknown

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
"People are hated for a single mistake, even though there are thousand reasons to love..."!!! :)

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 02:58 PM
There's some truth behind "JUST KIDDING", some emotion behind "I DON'T CARE", some pain behind "IT'S OKAY" and some "I NEED YOU" behind "LEAVE ME ALONE"

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Never lose urself when u r losing sumthing....... It can increase your troubles!!!!! :)

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Don't wait for the perfect moment Take the moment and make it perfect.

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 03:04 PM
"A TrUE FACT in LiFE". . . . . . We can save many relations if we understand a simple fact that people are not DIFFICULT they are DIFFERENT!! :)

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 03:05 PM
It doesn't matter how hard you hit but it is that how hard you can get hit and still keep moving forward

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 03:07 PM
If u stand for a reason,be prepared to stand alone like a Tree. If u fall on the ground,fall as a seed that grows back to fight again.

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 03:10 PM
"Life sumtimes takes unknown turn,dont b afraid 2 travel it Sumday dat turn wil take u 2 untouched heights on top of d world"!

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 03:11 PM
"some day u don't know what u have until u lose it... But The facet is , __u always know u have just never thought u would lose it!

Tawangar
02-18-2012, 06:02 AM
"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."

Tawangar
02-18-2012, 07:52 AM
"Who can fight us?"

The Noble Sahabi, The Lion of Bani Tamim, Sayyiduna Qa'Qa' ibn Amir when facing the Persian Army at Qadisiyyah.

Innocent Soul
02-19-2012, 02:04 AM

Al-Mufarridun
02-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Who you are is more important/valuable than what you have, for when you die; what you have will belong to someone else while who you are will remain with you.

Amat Allah
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
"Every soul, for what it has earned, will be retained " Qur`aan

"Eeveryone acts according to his own disposition" Qur`aan

Love for others what you love for yourself. (from a hadeeth)

Treat others the way you love them to treat you with. (from a hadeeth)

still there are many beautiful wisdom...

Innocent Soul
02-19-2012, 01:17 PM

Tawangar
02-19-2012, 02:41 PM

'Son of Adam! You are nothing but a number of days, whenever each day passes then part of you has Gone.'

Hasan of Basra.

Tawangar
02-20-2012, 06:55 AM
“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” Elizabeth Stone.

'Aleena
02-20-2012, 07:13 AM
I am an adult. But I am still that child that You’re raising. A million times I have fallen in love with dunya. And a million times you have made it sting me to push me to Your tawheed. La illaha illa Allah
~Yamine Mogahead

Al-Mufarridun
02-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near. (Baqarah v.214)

tw009
02-22-2012, 03:44 AM
The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with your wife, but when you can’t live in peace without her.—Yasir Qadhi

Muslim Woman
02-22-2012, 03:05 PM

The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with your wife, but when you can’t live in peace without her.

—Yasir Qadhi

Innocent Soul
02-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Every time you wake up is a breath of life and every time you go to sleep is a taste of death!

tw009
02-24-2012, 01:16 AM
"None feels safe from hypocrisy except a hypocrite, and none fears it except a believer." - Hasan Al Basri

Muslim Woman
02-24-2012, 04:38 PM

"The manner you deal with people in is the same way Allah will deal with you, both in this world and in the hereafter."

~Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya rahimahullah

Haya emaan
02-24-2012, 07:31 PM
" You can close your eyes from the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart from the things you do not want to feel"

Haya emaan
02-25-2012, 07:09 PM
'learn to keep your private life private or they will make your life their entertainment'

Tawangar
02-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Attachment 4668
Salamu alaikum

Innocent Soul
02-27-2012, 11:17 AM

tw009
02-27-2012, 10:13 PM
"Often we see the dunya (that great job, certain type of spouse, school, career etc) as our end and 'Allah' as the means that we use to get there. We use that means, through making dua, to achieve our end (whatever it is that we’re making dua for), and then get disappointed when our means (Allah) didn’t come through for us. We throw our hands up in the air and say our duas are not being answered. Our means just isn’t coming through for us! But, remember Allah isn’t a means. He is the end." - Yasmin Mogahed

'Aleena
02-28-2012, 02:51 AM
"To get what you love, you must first be patient with what you hate.”- Imam Al-Ghazzali

Innocent Soul
02-28-2012, 11:10 AM
One of our prime purpose in life is to help others and make others happy.
If you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
If others has hurt you it doesn't mean you get the right to hurt others.

Al-Mufarridun
02-29-2012, 10:09 AM

"A Muslim should strive to attain a sound body, good character, cultured thought, correct belief, and true worship.
He should be able to earn his own living, improve his own condition, and solve his own problems.
He should be careful about his time, organized in his affairs, and willing to offer help and service to others." __ Hassan al-Banna

real islam
03-01-2012, 05:51 AM
La ilaha illallah.There is none to be obeyed

Tawangar
03-01-2012, 06:01 AM

Attachment 4673

TrueStranger
03-01-2012, 06:08 AM
Sheikh Ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, rahimahullah: "Verily, Allah helps a just state (country), even if it is a disbelieving one, and He does not help a wrong-doing state even if it is a Muslim one. It is through justice that men are made noble and wealth is made abundant."

Tawangar
03-02-2012, 05:27 AM
This world (the dunyā) is [only taken as] a home by those who will have no real home [in Jannah], and it is the wealth of those who will have no real wealth, and it is gathered and collected for by those who have no real intelligence. (Ibn Mas'ud; reported by Ibn Abi Dunya in Dhamm al Dunya')

Tawangar
03-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Attachment 4677Salamun alaikum

tw009
03-02-2012, 05:34 AM
The bigger desire you have for a sin, the greater your imaan (faith) is if you leave it." -Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen

Innocent Soul
03-04-2012, 03:27 PM
* An umbrella cannot stop the rain but allows us to stand in the rain. Confidence may not bring success but it gives the power to face the challenges. *

tw009
03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see”-Mark Twain

Tawangar
03-07-2012, 07:21 AM
"Fatwa is not permissible except for a man well-versed in the Book and the Sunnah."
Imam Ahmad.

Neon Teen
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Everyone thinks of changing the world. But noone thinks of changing himself.

Tawangar
03-09-2012, 06:29 AM

“The people of knowledge and understanding that I have met in our country, when one of them was asked a question on an issue, he would feel like one about to die. But the people of our own time love giving fatwa (without hesitation). Had they known what they are going to face tomorrow (in the Day of Judgement) they would not have done that. Umar, `Ali and ‘Alqama are some of the best Companions of the Prophet

, yet when anyone of them was asked a question, he would consult his fellow companions before giving an answer. But it is unfortunate that fatwa has become the pride for the people of our time”.
Imam Malik ibn Anas.

real islam
03-09-2012, 03:40 PM
"Don't forget your own self while preaching to others."

Raudha
03-09-2012, 03:53 PM
When we are flat on our backs, there is no way to look but up.
~ Roger W. Babson

real islam
03-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Thou art the intercessor, whose intercession is desired,

On that bridge when feet are sure to slip;

As for your two companions, them shall I never forget,

Salam to you dear Rasulullah for as long as pens can write.

tw009
03-11-2012, 04:29 AM
"I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine-she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights."-Beverly Jones

MariamMababaya
03-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Allah knows best.

3 Things Annoy shaytan and his infidels:

1) when you go to bed early to pray the Fajr salah on time, instead of staying up late
2) when you stay quiet about things that'll only make shaytan excited
3) when you choose to spend time with Allah instead of shaytan and his infidels;D

marwen
03-11-2012, 09:21 AM
" O ye people of the Book; exceed not the bounds in Your religion, and say not of Allah save that which is the truth.
The Messiah Isa, son of Maryam, is but an apostle of Allah and His word --He cast it upon Maryam-- and a spirit from Him.
Believe wherefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not: three. Desist, that it may be well for you.
Allah is but the One God: hallowed be He that there should be unto Him a son!
His is whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth, and sufficeth Allah as a Trustee. "

(Quran : Surat An-nisa'a, verse-171)

'Abd-al Latif
03-11-2012, 11:49 AM
‘Spread wheat on the tops of mountains so it cannot be said that a bird went hungry in the land of the Muslims.’ - ‘Umar ibn ‘Abdul ‘Aziz (May Allah have mercy upon him)

sis muslimah
03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Every drop of sweat and every breath we take in life, if not taken for the sake of Allah, will lead to regret and sorrow on the Day of Judgment

(Ibn Al-Qayyim)

Muslim Woman
03-12-2012, 08:56 AM

"The manner you deal with people in is the same way Allah will deal with you - both in this world and in the hereafter."

~Imam Ibn Al Qayyim al-Jawziyya -rahimahullah-

sis muslimah
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Everyone who is taken by death asks for more time, while everyone who still has time makes excuses for procrastination.

(Ali ibn Abu Talib)

Tawangar
03-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Abu Hurayrah (ra) reported: The Messenger of Allah

said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him not harm his neighbour; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day let him show kindness to his guest; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day let him speak that which is good or remain silent".
(Muttafiq `Alayh)

~Zaria~
03-15-2012, 06:30 PM
What the eye does not admire the heart does not desire…

Attachment 4697

Tawangar
03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
:sl:Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

unityone
03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ أَلاَ بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ
"Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured." [Al Qur'an 13:28]

Innocent Soul
03-17-2012, 12:47 AM
"Success is not permanent and failure is not final. So, never stop working after success and never stop trying after failure."

Tawangar
03-17-2012, 05:21 AM
"When the speaker has no soul and (spiritual glory), how could his speech have leaves and fruit?"
The Mathnawi of Jalaluddin al Rumi.

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 06:30 AM
A man who doesn't stand for something, will fall for anything.

Scimi

Tawangar
03-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Long suffering man to Iblees: "You don't scare me. I've been married to your elder sister for 10 years.":heated:

Tawangar
03-17-2012, 06:43 AM
"Verily, We have honored the children of Adam."
Surah Isra`, v.70, al Qur'an al Karim.

Innocent Soul
03-18-2012, 07:55 AM
"Life is like a piano. White keys are happy moments & Black keys are sad moments. But remember both keys are played together to give sweet music."

Abu.Yusuf
03-18-2012, 08:05 AM
If you want to marry this Dunyaa [life], then know that this life would never be satisfied until you give up your Deen as dowry

Abu.Yusuf
03-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Islaam takes one out of the narrowness of this world into the vastness of the Hereafter

marwen
03-18-2012, 10:43 PM
I've heard that the government wants to put a tax on the mathematically ignorant. Funny, I thought that's what the lottery was! -- Gallagher

Tawangar
03-20-2012, 06:41 AM
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car".;D

Eric H
03-21-2012, 04:41 AM
You will never look into the eyes of anyone, who does not matter to God

Muslim Woman
03-22-2012, 03:03 PM

Imam Ibn Al-Jawzee was once asked by a man:

“Is it better for me to make Tasbeeh (praise Allah) or to make Istighfaar (seek forgiveness)?” He replied:

•►“The dirty robe is more in need of soap (Istighfar) than perfume (tasbeeh)!! ”

tw009
03-22-2012, 08:03 PM
"No one knows your concerns and needs better than Allah. None is more compassionate to you than Allah. Even when all have given up hope on you, Allah will always be there for you." (Abdulbary Yahya)

Innocent Soul
03-24-2012, 02:48 PM
More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't too busy denying them.

tw009
03-25-2012, 12:52 AM
"Know that you will never truly love Allah until you love obeying Him." — Hasan Al-Basri

~Zaria~
03-25-2012, 06:00 PM
When I woke up this morning I asked myself: What are some of the secrets of success in life?

I found the answer right there in my very room.

The Fan said - Be cool.

The Roof said - Aim high.

The Window said - See the world.

The Clock said - Every minute is precious.

The Mirror said - Reflect before you act.

The Door said - Push hard for your Goals.

And don't forget, the Carpet said - Kneel down & Pray

Author Unknown

SubhanAllah.

"And He has subjected to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth - all from Him. Indeed in that are signs for a people who reflect."
(Quraan 45:13)

Tawangar
03-26-2012, 07:08 AM
“The believer conceals and advises while the wicked individual exposes, condemns and humiliates.”
Fudayl ibn 'Iyaad.

Tawangar
03-26-2012, 07:11 AM
“I was advised about the rights of the neighbor until I thought he would inherit from me.”
The Prophet :saws1: as part of an authentic hadith in Jami` Tirmidhi.

Eric H
03-26-2012, 07:42 AM
May God bless us with discomfort at easy answers, half truths, superficial relationships, so that we may live deep within our hearts.

May God bless us with anger at injustice, oppression and exploitation of people so that we may work for justice, equality and peace.

May God bless us with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation and war, so that we may reach out our hand to comfort them and change their pain into joy.

And may God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a difference in the world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done, to bring justice and kindness to all.

Amen

Franciscan Benediction

Tawangar
03-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Every Emancipation is a restoration of the human world and of human relationships to man himself.
Marx, Zur Judenfrage.

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive and the true success is to labour.
R.L.Stevenson.

Tawangar
03-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Sayyida `Aisha narrated that the Messenger of Allah :saws1: said:
“Whoever seeks to acquire the pleasure of Allah at the expense of people’s anger, Allah will be pleased with him and make the people pleased with him. Whoever seeks to acquire the pleasure of the people at the expense of Allah’s anger, Allah will be angry at him and make the people angry with him.”

[Saheeh Ibn Hibban, Shuayb Al-Arna'ut said that its chain of narrators was hasan.]

Muslim Woman
03-29-2012, 05:30 PM

Dhikr is a tree with fruits of awareness. The more frequent the dhikr is made, the stronger the roots of a tree and the more fruits on it."

[Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyah]

sis muslimah
03-29-2012, 06:32 PM
I complained to Waki' about the weakness of my memorisation, So he instructed me to abandon disobedience; He informed me that knowledge is a light, And the light of Allah is not given to a sinner.

(Imam Ash-Shafi' (Rahimullah))

Tawangar
03-30-2012, 06:45 AM
I complained to Waki' about the weakness of my memorisation, So he instructed me to abandon disobedience; He informed me that knowledge is a light, And the light of Allah is not given to a sinner.

(Imam Ash-Shafi' (Rahimullah))
Salamu alaikum wr wb, sister.
A better translation of this quote might be as follows:

شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ ونورُ الله لايؤتى لعاصي
I complained to Waki’ about my poor memory:
“Give up your sins!” was his advice to me;
“For knowledge is a light from Divinity,
and the Light of God is veiled by iniquity.”

Tawangar
03-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Al-Khatib al-Baghdadi narrates: ‘Abd al-Baqi ibn ‘Abd al-Karim al-Mu’addib informed me: ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn ‘Umar al-Khallal reported to us: Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn Ya‘qub ibn Shaybah narrated to us: my grandfather narrated to us: Ya‘qub ibn Ahmad narrated to me: I heard al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali say: I heard Yazid ibn Harun when a man asked him, “O Abu Khalid! Who is the best in Fiqh from those you have seen?” say,“Abu Hanifah.”
Al-Hasan said: I asked Abu ‘Asim al-Nabil, “Is Abu Hanifah a better faqih or Sufyan (al-Thawri)?” He said, “The slave of Abu Hanifah is a better faqih than Sufyan!” (Tarikh Baghdad 15:468)
Dr. Bashshar ‘Awwad Ma‘ruf comments, “Its isnad is hasan.”

Innocent Soul
04-01-2012, 12:35 PM
If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. :)

'Aleena
04-01-2012, 02:44 PM

There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft. When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a life, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness." -The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini

Tawangar
04-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing and wishing you had?

Tawangar
04-02-2012, 06:33 AM
He who does not travel does not know the value of men.

Tawangar
04-02-2012, 08:00 AM

Hadrat Bishr Hafi said: "If a cap (topi) had to fall from the sky, it would fall on the head of one who does not want it."
Hilyatul Awliya'.

Tawangar
04-04-2012, 07:48 AM
"And who is more truthful than Allah in speech?"
Al Qur'an.

Tawangar
04-04-2012, 08:01 AM
"And those who do injustice will soon know to which place they will return."
Al Qur'an.

Hulk
04-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Hadrat Bishr Hafi said: "If a cap (topi) had to fall from the sky, it would fall on the head of one who does not want it."
Hilyatul Awliya'.
I'm not sure I understand this can anyone please explain?

sis muslimah
04-07-2012, 03:52 AM
If you are dependable, honest, virtuous, and content in Allah's will, no harm shall come your way.

(Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam))

Tawangar
04-07-2012, 08:01 AM
The one who fails his parents or one of them when they are old will entire the Fire.

Adab al Mufrad, part of a hadith from the Prophet(saws).

sis muslimah
04-08-2012, 04:22 AM
If you ask, ask Allah and if you seek help, seek help from Allah.

(at-Tirmidhi, Ahmad)

Tawangar
04-08-2012, 07:27 AM
"Anyone who does not show mercy will not be shown mercy. Anyone who does not forgive will not be forgiven. Anyone who does not turn in repentance will not be turned to nor will he be protected or guarded."
Sayyiduna `Umar ibn al Khattab in Bukhari's Adab al Mufrad.

Tawangar
04-08-2012, 07:30 AM
"Mercy is only removed from the one who is destined for wretchedness."
The Holy Prophet(saw) in Adab al Mufrad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.