/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Munkar and Nakir

Darth Ultor
01-28-2012, 03:25 AM
Who are they? I came across these names in a Muslim story once. They were just mentioned once in a way that implied that we were supposed to know who they are.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Darth Ultor
01-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh and preferably with a Quranic or Hadith source.

Txyib
01-30-2012, 11:57 PM
salam
They are the angels that will ask you three questions when you are placed in your grave. the first question will be: Who is your Lord?
the second: What is your Deen (way of life)?
The third: Who was sent to you?
waslam
Tayib

Ramadhan
01-31-2012, 12:15 AM
They are the angels who will interrogate us in the grave right after we die.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Txyib
01-31-2012, 12:35 AM
salam
just wanted to add ,i think the answer comes from based from the imaan not the mind
wasalam
محمد طيب

Abz2000
01-31-2012, 12:51 AM
yup, apparently, you will answer with what u lived,
whatever u took to be your rule-maker (your creator/leader/desires, etc)
the way of life you chose
and your role-model in life

Txyib
01-31-2012, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
yup, apparently, you will answer with what u lived,
whatever u took to be your rule-maker (your creator/leader/desires, etc)
the way of life you chose
and your role-model in life
l
lol everything i saidcud u rep me

Predator
02-03-2012, 03:00 PM
If youre good they would shining like the sun. Wings spreading as far as the eyes can see. A radiating beauty spreading from their faces and bodies, with comforting arms stretching forth.

If you're evil ,They have faces and bodies dark and terrifying, faces of extreme horror. Sounds of thunder bursting from their mouths carrying tools of torture within their hands.

UmmuShaheed
02-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Like brother tayib said its only by what you actually believe (so you can't be a disbeliever during your life, and expect to be able to say those answers correctly)
If you were non believer in the dunya you will only be able to say I dont know to all three and if you were a believer you will be able to answer the questions correctly. They will torture the non believer until the day of judgement. The walls of the grave will come together, a window of hell will be open for him, and his rib cages will come inside of each other
As for the believer his grave will be (seventy times) bigger, and a window of heaven will be open for him.

Darth Ultor
08-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Is there such thing as giving one or some satisfactory answers but one or two wrong?

Example....

M&N: Who is your Lord?
P: God
M&N: What was your faith?
P: Judaism
M&N: Who was your messenger
P: Moses

جوري
08-27-2012, 06:03 PM
You can't memorize this..
Ibrahim [14:27]

يُثَبِّتُ اللّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ بِالْقَوْلِ الثَّابِتِ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِي الآخِرَةِ وَيُضِلُّ اللّهُ الظَّالِمِينَ وَيَفْعَلُ اللّهُ مَا يَشَاء
Yuthabbitu Allahu allatheena amanoo bialqawli alththabiti fee alhayati alddunya wafee alakhirati wayudillu Allahu alththalimeena wayafAAalu Allahu ma yashao
14:27 Allah will establish in strength those who believe, with the word that stands firm, in this world and in the Hereafter; but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth.

furthermore, the messenger is the prophet Mohammed PBUH, people are asked of the messenger of their time, if you were around the people of A'ad or Thamud your messenger would have been shoaib or Saleh, now the messenger for ALL MANKIND is the prophet Mohammed PBUH...

best,

White Rose
08-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Sis Munwal is right. The answers come from within, that is if you indeed were practicing your religion correctly.

I remember when I was a kid, and the lady who used to teach us Quran told us about these three questions and their answer to them. I used to tell myself that I should memorize these so I can answer them;D. Later on, I found out that when we are dead, we do not have the same consciousness that we have in this world so it is impossible to come up with the correct answers just by memorizing.

Muwaahid
08-27-2012, 07:48 PM
As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah in usool thalatha these questions are actually detailed in it so it should be studied emphatically so that one has certainty in this issue.
Wa Billaahi at-Tawfeeq

Muhaba
08-29-2012, 12:48 PM
a lot of ppl recite after the adhan: radito billahi rabban wa bil Islami deenan wa bi Muhammadin rasoolan. Translation: I am pleased with Allah as my Lord and with Islam as my religion and with Muhammad (SAW) as Messenger.
I am unsure if there is a hadith about this statement, whether we should recite it after Adhan, etc. But i heard it in many places including on TV after Adhan in UAE.

Insaanah
09-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Greetings.

format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
Munkar and Nakir

Who are they? I came across these names in a Muslim story once. They were just mentioned once in a way that implied that we were supposed to know who they are.
Oh and preferably with a Quranic or Hadith source.
I like how you ask for an authentic source for things.

Abu Hurairah narrated that:
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "When the deceased - or he said when one of you - is buried, two angels, black and blue (eyed_ come to him. One of them is called Al-Munkar, and the other An-Nakir. They say: 'What did you used to say about this man?' So he says what he was saying (before death) 'He is Allah's slave and His Messenger. I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger.' So they say: 'We knew that you would say this.' Then his grave is expanded to seventy by seventy cubits, then it is illuminated for him. Then it is said to him: 'Sleep.' So he said: 'Can I return to my family to inform them?' They say: 'Sleep as a newlywed, whom none awakens but the dearest of his family.' Until Allah resurrects him from his resting place.""If he was a hypocrite he would say: 'I heard people saying something, so I said the same; I do not know.' So they said: 'We knew you would say that.' So the earth is told: 'Constrict him.' So it constricts around him, squeezing his ribs together. He continues being punished like that until Allah resurrects him from his resting place." (Hasan)

at-Tirmidhi English reference : Vol. 2, Book 5, Hadith 1071
Arabic reference : Book 6, Hadith 1092
Source: http://www.sunnah.com/urn/710910

With regard to the questions that the angels will ask in the grave, this is explained clearly in the following hadeeth:

It was narrated that al-Bara’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: We went out with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for the funeral of a man from among the Ansaar. We came to the grave and when (the deceased) was placed in the lahd, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sat down and we sat around him, as if there were birds on our heads (i.e., quiet and still). In his hand he had a stick with which he was scratching the ground. Then he raised his head and said, “Seek refuge with Allaah from the torment of the grave”, two or three times. Then he said, “When the believing slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him from heaven angels with white faces like the sun, and they sit around him as far as the eye can see. They bring with them shrouds from Paradise and perfumes from Paradise. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits by his head, and he says, ‘O good soul, come forth to forgiveness from Allaah and His pleasure.’ Then it comes out easily like a drop of water from the the mouth of a waterskin. When he seizes it, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant before they take it and put it in that shroud with that perfume, and there comes from it a fragrance like the finest musk on the face of the earth. Then they ascend and they do not pass by any group of angels but they say, ‘Who is this good soul?’ and they say, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so, calling him by the best names by which he was known in this world, until they reach the lowest heaven. They ask for it to be opened to them and it is opened, and (the soul) is welcomed and accompanied to the next heaven by those who are closest to Allaah, until they reach the seventh heaven. Then Allaah says: ‘Record the book of My slave in ‘Illiyoon in the seventh heaven, and return him to the earth, for from it I created them, to it I will return them and from it I will bring them forth once again.’ So his soul is returned to his body and there come to him two angels who make him sit up and they say to him, ‘Who is your Lord?’ He says, ‘Allaah.’ They say, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘My religion is Islam.’ They say, ‘Who is this man who was sent among you?’ He says, ‘He is the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ They say, ‘What did you do?’ He says, ‘I read the Book of Allaah and I believed in it.’ Then a voice calls out from heaven, ‘My slave has spoken the truth, so prepare for him a bed from Paradise and clothe him from Paradise, and open for him a gate to Paradise.’ Then there comes to him some of its fragrance, and his grave is made wide, as far as he can see. Then there comes to him a man with a handsome face and handsome clothes, and a good fragrance, who says, ‘Receive the glad tidings that will bring you joy this day.’ He says, ‘Who are you? Your face is a face which brings glad tidings.’ He says, ‘I am your righteous deeds.’ He says, ‘O Lord, hasten the Hour so that I may return to my family and my wealth.’ But when the disbelieving slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him from heaven angels with black faces, bringing sackcloth, and they sit around him as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits by his head, and he says, ‘O evil soul, come forth to the wrath of Allaah and His anger.’ Then his soul disperses inside his body, then comes out cutting the veins and nerves, like a skewer passing through wet wool. When he seizes it, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant before they take it and put it in that sackcloth, and there comes from it a stench like the foulest stench of a dead body on the face of the earth. Then they ascend and they do not pass by any group of angels but they say, ‘Who is this evil soul?’ and they say, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so, calling him by the worst names by which he was known in this world, until they reach the lowest heaven. They ask for it to be opened to them and it is not opened.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited (interpretation of the meaning):

“for them the gates of heaven will not be opened, and they will not enter Paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle”

[al-A’raaf 7:40]

He said: “Then Allaah says, ‘Record the book of My slave in Sijjeen in the lowest earth, and return him to the earth, for from it I created them, to it I will return them and from it I will bring them forth once again.’ So his soul is cast down.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“and whoever assigns partners to Allaah, it is as if he had fallen from the sky, and the birds had snatched him, or the wind had thrown him to a far off place”

[al-Hajj 22:31]

He said: “Then his soul is returned to his body, and there come to him two angels who make him sit up and they say to him, ‘Who is your Lord?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ They say, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ Then a voice calls out from heaven, ‘Prepare for him a bed from Hell and clothe him from Hell, and open for him a gate to Hell.’ Then there comes to him some of its heat and hot winds, and his grave is constricted and compresses him until his ribs interlock. Then there comes to him a man with an ugly face and ugly clothes, and a foul stench, who says, ‘Receive the bad news, this is the day that you were promised.’ He says, ‘Who are you? Your face is a face which forebodes evil.’ He says, ‘I am your evil deeds.’ He says, ‘O Lord, do not let the Hour come, do not let the Hour come.’”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4753; Ahmad, 18063 – this version was narrated by him. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1676.
Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/10403

M&N: Who is your Lord?
P: God
M&N: What was your faith?
P: Judaism
M&N: Who was your messenger
P: Moses
As sister منوة الخيال said, each messenger is only for the period until the next messenger is sent by God, after which God requires that allegiance be given to the new prophet, who does not come with new beliefs, but confirming the truth of what came before, clearing misconceptions that may have crept in, reinforcing the key beliefs that have always been, with possible small changes in ancillary rules/regulations.

Moses (peace be upon him) was the messenger for the Children of Israel until Allah sent Jesus (peace be upon him), and it became incumbent on the Children of Israel to follow Jesus. Jesus was messenger for the Children of Israel until Allah prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), who is the final messenger, with no new messengers to come after him, and for ALL Mankind, until the end of time. Thus Moses or Jesus are not acceptable answers.

format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
a lot of ppl recite after the adhan: radito billahi rabban wa bil Islami deenan wa bi Muhammadin rasoolan. Translation: I am pleased with Allah as my Lord and with Islam as my religion and with Muhammad (SAW) as Messenger.
I am unsure if there is a hadith about this statement, whether we should recite it after Adhan, etc. But i heard it in many places including on TV after Adhan in UAE.
See this: http://www.sunnah.com/search/%D8%B1%...B1%D8%A8%D8%A7

cherokiimslm
12-02-2013, 10:21 PM
As salaamu alakem, I have a question that just popped in my head recently as I was listening to an islamic speech given, the brother was talking about Munkar and Nakir, he said they will come to us and ask Maa Rabbuk, wa maa deenuk, wa maa nabeeuk--if the spelling is bad then please understand, arabic is not my language, this brought a question to my mind, will ALL people be asked in Arabic? Is Arabic something we will all understand after this life? Thank you for any response

greenhill
12-03-2013, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cherokiimslm
will ALL people be asked in Arabic? Is Arabic something we will all understand after this life?
That is what I have been told, growing up. As what was posted earlier in this thread, we cannot learn the answers. It will be answered by our deeds.

To me whether it really matters not what language it will be. If Allah is directing the questions, I will understand no matter what, the only matter is whether my deeds will get me through or get me down...

:hmm:

Desert
01-30-2020, 08:46 AM
Stict and scary angels in the grave judging the soul by the deeds they did in this life
Also the questions and answers depend on the deeds in this world
Scary...

'Abdullah
01-30-2020, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
Stict and scary angels in the grave judging the soul by the deeds they did in this life
Also the questions and answers depend on the deeds in this world
Scary...
Assalam O Alaim Sister,

Try to learn the following Dua and make it part of your prayer on daily basis.
Duas
May Allah say us all from the punishment of the grave and make it easy for us to answer the questions in the grave. Ameen!
Ma'aSalaam

Desert
01-30-2020, 04:48 PM
Wa laikum as Salam
Brother Habiburrehman

Your post give me let just say a call to emaan
Very religious
But i have decided to look at my life in black and white...which I always do...so I'm not going to perform Salah...

'Abdullah
01-30-2020, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
Wa laikum as Salam
Brother Habiburrehman
Your post give me let just say a call to emaan
Very religious
But i have decided to look at my life in black and white...which I always do...so I'm not going to perform Salah...
Waalaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

My dear Sister,

Don't fall into traps of Shaytan. Salah is very important, only if we know. It is for our benefit. Allah does not get any benefit if we pray or not pray.
If you start reading Quran, the Second chapter begins with a claim from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. The claim is that those who are looking for guidance, Quran is the ultimate guidance for them. Then it mentioned some of the attributes of the people who look for guidance and those attributes are:

• One who believe in Unseen

• And Establish Salat

• Spend from what is given to them.

Lets look at the verses I am talking about for reference:
ذَ-ٰلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لَا رَيْبَ ۛ فِيهِ ۛ هُدًى لِلْمُتَّقِينَ الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ يُنْفِقُونَ
“This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guidance for those who have Taqwa; who believe in the unseen, and who establish Salah, and spend out of what we have provided for them” [Quran 2:2-3]
Allah Subhanahu Wa Taal further says in the Quran:
فَخَلَفَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ خَلْفٌ أَضَاعُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَاتَّبَعُوا الشَّهَوَاتِ ۖ فَسَوْفَ يَلْقَوْنَ غَيًّا
“Then, there came after them a generation who gave up Salah and followed lusts; so they will be thrown in Hell.” [Quran 19: 59]
You only need to pray 17 Rakah in a day which are obligatory. 2 for Fajr, 4 for Zuhr, 4 for Asr, 3 for maghreb and 4 for Isha. It does not take more than 20 minutes of your time but the help you will get through Salah is tremendous.
Allah's help come through prayer and by exercising patience, as Allah says in Quran:
وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ ۚ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى الْخَاشِعِينَ
Seek help through patience and Salah; truly it is extremely difficult except for the humble true believers.” [Quran 2:45]
I pray to Allah to make it easy for you to establish Salah. Ameen!
We all understand your struggles and trust me we are here to support you and help you. Please stay connected to this forum. Do the best you can with all sincerity and hope for the best from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.
And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!