/* */

PDA

View Full Version : it isn't a war on islam or anything

جوري
08-23-2013, 12:11 AM
It is not a war against Islam or anything but this is resident evil, the player is stepping on the quran here, there was another one where the Quran is in the bathroom it was posted before I don't know what the game is, please boycott these games and complain!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Of all the books on the shelf, they use the Words of God, the Holy Book held in reverence and awe by a single group that comprises of 1/4th of the world's population.

They really care about our "feelings" dont they,
That's why we stop short of speaking the truth honestly out of the apprehension that we might offend others, and in the process, obscure the path to paradise for them by pretending it's all the same.

sister herb
08-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Looks just some childish way to provoke muslims. Please sisters and brothers, don´t let them provoke yourself by something so stupid matter.

^o)

Tyrion
08-23-2013, 08:22 AM
I said this in the other thread, and I'll say it again: putting a book that only RESEMBLES a copy of the Quran into a video game does not translate into a declaration of war against all of Islam (Assuming it's even true). If this is from Resident Evil 5, it's worth noting that it takes place in Africa so it could have been a design choice by the developers who might have read about Africa's large Muslim population. There's no reason to think something like this has any malicious intent. Also, even if the west is at war with you, Resident Evil is a Japanese game. Made in Japan. By the Japanese.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
faithandpeace
08-23-2013, 08:38 AM
So let's just be silent and become a doormat to oppression and injustice so that we can show the non-Muslims we are not "terrorists." ^o)

جوري
08-23-2013, 08:42 AM
The game is western made since 2010 do you ever read before you write Tyrian? Also who said the Game by itself translates to war? It's in every action that adds up and of course I am not surprised you don't know what the Quran looks like I mean why would you?

Tyrion
08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by جوري
The game is western made since 2010 do you ever read before you write Tyrian?
First of all, it's Tyrion. Second, you never specified which game in the series it was from, so when I googled it I got a few links claiming RE5 which is from 2009 and is most definitely made by the Japanese. You also clearly didn't read the link you posted for me in the other thread, since it also claims that the game is Japanese made.

جوري
08-23-2013, 08:50 AM
He who silent about the truth is شيطان اخرس is a muted devil!
Rasool Allah is our leader not the kafirs not even Ghandi and when we know something we are to report it to other Muslims if you are happy stepping on the Quran because its civilised not to point it out it is your prerogative not mine!

Abz2000
08-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Resembles??? It is the only book that I have that looks like that and there are no other books that look like that, http://m248.photobucket.com/albumvie...c.jpg.html?o=0You talk about not taking offence, yet I assume you'd be furious even at the mention of a mocking "resemblance" of your mother in underclothes, with a description that is unique to none but her. One would probably ask, is there any other reason than to create tension and to inflame via abuse?(hopefully you'll prove me correct by taking offence, yet let me remind you that the words of Allah are meant to be dearer to us than our families).

Abz2000
08-23-2013, 10:26 AM
The Prophet pbuh acted furiously at the incident at Banu Qainuqa, the honour of Islam is sacred, and of we're not moved by these incidents it shows our level of faith.-----الَّذينَ أُخرِجوا مِن دِيٰرِهِم بِغَيرِ حَقٍّ إِلّا أَن يَقولوا رَبُّنَا اللَّهُ ۗ وَلَولا دَفعُ اللَّهِ النّاسَ بَعضَهُم بِبَعضٍ لَهُدِّمَت صَوٰمِعُ وَبِيَعٌ وَصَلَوٰتٌ وَمَسٰجِدُ يُذكَرُ فيهَا اسمُ اللَّهِ كَثيرًا ۗ وَلَيَنصُرَنَّ اللَّهُ مَن يَنصُرُهُ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَقَوِىٌّ عَزيزٌ(They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right,- (for no cause) except that they say, \"our Lord is Allah\". Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure. Allah will certainly aid those who aid his (cause);- for verily Allah is full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (able to enforce His Will).Quran 22:40

sister herb
08-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Salam alaykum

Could you explain to us others what is meaning of this verse in this matter?

:heated: I didn´t understad if meaning is to attack to Japan or wait punishment of Allah for them.

Periwinkle18
08-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Astaghfirullah this is horrible. :(

aamirsaab
08-23-2013, 11:43 AM
A similar thing happened with Tekken Tag 2, in which the Saudi Arabia stage with tiled flooring apparently had Allah's name encrusted on the tiles. Rather than this being some out and right declaration of war against Islam, by the Japanese no less, the reality of the situation was simple: the designers for that stage looked to authentic arabian-esque tile pattern, found one that fit the overall pattern/feel for the stage (in this case, it happened to have arabic writing on it, which just happened to say Allah) and implemented it as the stages floor tiles. They simply didn't know what the word meant, or that it would cause offence if it were to be on floor tiles.

Long story short, some Muslim members of the Tekken community raised the issue with the lead developer of the game and an apology was made, and the supposed tiles were changed.

I'm certain it is a similar case with Resident Evil. Also, I find it odd how that the real uproar about this game in particular is it's rather blatant "black guys being the bad guys" deal given that all the zombies/bad guys in the game happened to be black (although in the developers defense this was probably because the game was set in Africa!). But I guess some people, particularly those that haven't even played the game/know barely anything about it, would rather pounce on the anti-islamic card. Bigger fish to fry.

I also recall a (minor) uproar about Call of Duty Modern Warfare (I can't remember which one - there's so many and they all suck - as FPS and games!), with God's name being on a frame print which happened to be in a bathroom. That's where the internet story stops, cue uprorar.

But here's the actual context: that bathroom was located in one of many houses that a player can enter on a game map that is set in the middle east! Again, I guarantee you this is the exact same case as with Tekken - the graphich designers for that level were looking for authentic Middle Eastern design styles given that's where the level was set, found one that fit and boom, picture frame. Any offence caused is more out of ignorance as opposed to out and right crystal clear anti-islamic sentiments, especially given the actual context. What you should be complaining about is how modern military fps games desensitize people to violence...and also how bad they are both as video games and FPS's in general.

If game developers really wanted to show anti-islamic sentiments, I guarantee you it would be a lot more blatant and overt than a mere graphic that happens to have God's name on it, located in extremely obscure places, that happened to be set in Muslim locales/buildings.

In many ways, this hunting for anti-Islam stuff in seemingly everything is akin to things like coca cola logo that apparently looks offensive...you know if you twist and turn, subtract/add things to it. Or finding illuminate symbols on packs of cereal or whatever.

Abz2000
08-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Could you explain to us others what is meaning of this verse in this matter?
I am not a scholar, but even as a simple Muslim it still effects my conscience to sit passively and not call it out as a wrong that should be put right, actually it makes me furious.I do not pretend to be highly learned but i believe any simpleton would derive from the verses the reminder that because of those who strive primarily, speak out secondly and hate evil thirdly (the three stages of a person's faith with the last being the weakest) , enemies of the faith consider before attacking Islam wantonly.I recall a fox news reporter who explained that he doesn't lay into Islam and Muslims too much out of concern that his house may be bombed or he may be targeted on the streets by "terrorists". (similar to the fear many Muslims feel when opposing tyranny or speaking out against evil, they even fear torture and other unspeakable torments).Every government has a military wing, and with the lack of khilafah, it's the constantly condemned few who actually use their presence to put a wrong right.Obviously where using the tongue suffices, it's unnecessary to use the hand. Have you not seen many policies which the dictators and despots revise , not out of the goodness of their hearts but out of fear of reprisals?That's what the verse means to me.Peace

observer
08-23-2013, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
A similar thing happened with Tekken Tag 2, in which the Saudi Arabia stage with tiled flooring apparently had Allah's name encrusted on the tiles. Rather than this being some out and right declaration of war against Islam, by the Japanese no less, the reality of the situation was simple: the designers for that stage looked to authentic arabian-esque tile pattern, found one that fit the overall pattern/feel for the stage (in this case, it happened to have arabic writing on it, which just happened to say Allah) and implemented it as the stages floor tiles. They simply didn't know what the word meant, or that it would cause offence if it were to be on floor tiles.

Long story short, some Muslim members of the Tekken community raised the issue with the lead developer of the game and an apology was made, and the supposed tiles were changed.

I'm certain it is a similar case with Resident Evil. Also, I find it odd how that the real uproar about this game in particular is it's rather blatant "black guys being the bad guys" deal given that all the zombies/bad guys in the game happened to be black (although in the developers defense this was probably because the game was set in Africa!). But I guess some people, particularly those that haven't even played the game/know barely anything about it, would rather pounce on the anti-islamic card. Bigger fish to fry.

I also recall a (minor) uproar about Call of Duty Modern Warfare (I can't remember which one - there's so many and they all suck - as FPS and games!), with God's name being on a frame print which happened to be in a bathroom. That's where the internet story stops, cue uprorar.

But here's the actual context: that bathroom was located in one of many houses that a player can enter on a game map that is set in the middle east! Again, I guarantee you this is the exact same case as with Tekken - the graphich designers for that level were looking for authentic Middle Eastern design styles given that's where the level was set, found one that fit and boom, picture frame. Any offence caused is more out of ignorance as opposed to out and right crystal clear anti-islamic sentiments, especially given the actual context. What you should be complaining about is how modern military fps games desensitize people to violence...and also how bad they are both as video games and FPS's in general.

If game developers really wanted to show anti-islamic sentiments, I guarantee you it would be a lot more blatant and overt than a mere graphic that happens to have God's name on it, located in extremely obscure places, that happened to be set in Muslim locales/buildings.

In many ways, this hunting for anti-Islam stuff in seemingly everything is akin to things like coca cola logo that apparently looks offensive...you know if you twist and turn, subtract/add things to it. Or finding illuminate symbols on the backs of cereal or whatever.
I've quoted the whole of this post because this is so sensible and common sense that it deserves repeating. Really, really good point well made. It's also worth noting that this image first appeared with the assertion (completely false) that players had to shoot the quran to win the game.

Too many people on this board seem to be slavering at the mouth for a "war on islam". The rest of us just want to get along with our neighbours and live our own lives.

faithandpeace
08-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Maybe the software company should actually learn something about Middle Eastern culture before they make a game about it.

observer
08-23-2013, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by faithandpeace
Maybe the software company should actually learn something about Middle Eastern culture before they make a game about it.
Maybe, and maybe people should think a bit before spouting dangerous nonsense about wars of cultures.

جوري
08-24-2013, 12:41 AM
every country in the ME is occupied either politically, economically!
A little video game is really least of the problems in a systematic agenda that is infilitrating our societies on multiple levels!
I am raising awareness nothing more nothing less but you'd rather the rapes continue just so we can all get along..
I don't recall writing 'shooting' at the Quran, I mean you've pastors who'd like to hold a burn the Quran day so what's a vid game in the scheme of that laundry list- I am not going to begin to scratch a very stinky cesspool of crap!
if it is all about getting along with your neighbors than understanding which part you play as a tax payer or game player in these problems with the denials and band aid on top of deep sores as solutions then you'd be best suited for a quaint little village somewhere where everyone looks the same!

<span style="font-family: Courier New"><font color="DarkSlateGray"><font size="3">

I'd like an explanation of what Ann patterson was doing in Egypt for the last year, and what she was doing before that in Colombia and Pakistan? ...

best,

faithandpeace
08-24-2013, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by observer
Maybe, and maybe people should think a bit before spouting dangerous nonsense about wars of cultures.
Whether you think what I say is "nonsense" really doesn't matter to me. But I see you are now alleging that my comments and/or others' comments here are "dangerous." Since you obviously feel so threatened by such speech, why don't you call the FBI? LOL. :D

~Zaria~
08-24-2013, 09:56 AM
:salam:

Subliminal messaging has been in existence for many decades already - in advertising, movies, song lyrics, music videos as well as video games.

This thread demonstrates yet another example of attempts to manipulate the thoughts and perceptions of people who willingly pay for, and consume these types of modern-age evils.

It may be possible that the producers of these video games were truly unaware of their actions, and that their intentions were sincere (Allah knows best).

However, I think that the possibility is even greater, that this was a well-thought out, sinister attempt to subliminally undermine Islam.
We should realize that there are corrupted groups of people who are working over-time in creating a secular society, completely stripped of religious and moral beliefs - and their ways of achieving this, are both overt and subtle.

It is up to US to wake up and understand this system - so that we can protect ourselves and our families.

For those who are still skeptical, please search on youtube: subliminal messaging - cartoons/ advertising/ video-games.

Heres an example of what goes behind some of the cartoons that many families allow their kids to watch - in the belief that these are innocent and educative means of keeping them entertained:

http://www.vxv.com/video/q5D1FouaP6V...-must-see.html

Continue your own research and empower yourself - it is only through knowledge that we can remove our blind-folds to the ways of this world, and start focusing on what is really important in our lives - our imaans and working for the Hereafter.

We need to become muslims who are serious about our islam - who see themselves as merely travelers on a very short and deceptive journey.
Video games hold no benefit to the muslim.
Instead they are means of filling our minds with violence, hatred and other fitnahs....distracting ourselves from our true purpose in life, and wasting precious time that should be spent in the remembrance of Allah.
The life of muslim is not one of idleness and engaging in those activities that hold no benefit to him/her, both in this dunya and the aakhirah (and in many cases go directly against the teachings of islam by their use of music, seductive images of women, senseless violence, etc).

The use of these types of subliminal messaging (this is just one that we are now aware of.....there are many other messages that we may never know of) is just another reason for us to leave behind these types of 'entertainment' and to direct our lives in the manner of the most beloved to Allah, Muhammad (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).

:wa:

Jedi_Mindset
08-24-2013, 12:45 PM

Well, I have played all of COD games and i know the game has some propaganda sentiment. Because in almost every COD: modern warfare game you have either to kill russians or arabs. So wether this was a mistake or not, the games do have a pro-US agenda to demonize and potray the US opponents in the region as the enemy. In battlefield we go even further with potraying both russia and china as mortal enemies including the persians. In the beginning of the battlefield era (I recall Bf2) you had the MEC as the enemy (Middle eastern coalition backed by Russia and china), which actually pointed out to a couple of united muslim countries (caliphate) who see the US as their enemy, so you as US soldier 'need' to go invade their countries. So I dont think its nonsense anymore that these games do have a agenda in them, but this is mainly about the FPS war-shooters.

I dont think Resident evil has a certain agenda attached to it aside from gore, horror stuff.

not really, because this would lead to uproar and make them lose money in any way, so the best way is to engineer it and doing it clever, but wether your conscience allows it or not, the COD games and other shooters have a pro-US agenda attached to it. The games only strenghten the media claims and objectives, to submit your mind to governments wants and needs. 'You are a american patriot so you need to kill sandn*ggers, chinkies or commies'

sister herb
08-24-2013, 01:01 PM
What if someone goes to teach them something about the Middle East cultures? They might not want to make game what insults one the most common religion of the world.

They might know nothing about it before someone goes to tell it to them?
:embarrass

aamirsaab
08-24-2013, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
...[snip]
not really, because this would lead to uproar and make them lose money in any way,
Yes really given both COD and Battlefield (games that you used in your example of being overt in their bias/anti-muslim agenda) have sold millions.

so the best way is to engineer it and doing it clever,
By being massively overt and having the main antagonist Muslims/Arabs? Or by having the word Allah in arabic on a picture frame that happens to be in a bathroom of a house located in a middle eastern setting? In the first case, it's overt. And not clever. In the second case it's not even an agenda, it's ignorance as my previous post already explained.

but wether your conscience allows it or not, the COD games and other shooters have a pro-US agenda attached to it.
Most modern military FPS are going to have some inherent form of "pro-US agenda" given that the protagonist is working for the US gov'ment/military!

Also this apparent bias does not equate to war on Islam.

The games only strenghten the media claims and objectives, to submit your mind to governments wants and needs. 'You are a american patriot so you need to kill sandn*ggers, chinkies or commies'
I agree. My whole point initially was some people would rather get offense by a game texture rather than the fact that certain games are little more than army recruitment tools.

جوري
08-24-2013, 03:40 PM
army recruitment tools.
which both desensitizes them to the kill and defines the enemy to them as a Muslim!

Jedi_Mindset
08-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes really given both COD and Battlefield (games that you used in your example of being overt in their bias/anti-muslim agenda) have sold millions.
Doesnt matter if they are sold millions, some people are pretty aware of the agenda of such games and yet still buy it, some think its just for fun by playing with mates and some even dont realize it.

By being massively overt and having the main antagonist Muslims/Arabs? Or by having the word Allah in arabic on a picture frame that happens to be in a bathroom of a house located in a middle eastern setting? In the first case, it's overt. And not clever. In the second case it's not even an agenda, it's ignorance as my previous post already explained.
The first thing is clever, but you realize it, millions of people dont. They just think 'oh its a game' while they dont realize that it strenghtens the imperialistic agenda of the United States.

Most modern military FPS are going to have some inherent form of "pro-US agenda" given that the protagonist is working for the US gov'ment/military!

Also this apparent bias does not equate to war on Islam.
You are actually in agreement with me on this one while you dont realize it yet. The Pro-US agenda is actually to get rid of israel's enemies in the region which are the arabs, mainly in surrounding countries, however other superpowers have a stake in the middle east as well, like russia and china both in iran and syria, russia actually has a base there. I dont think they will appreciate the US getting rid of their contacts in region (Saddam, gadaffi, Assad) so therefore the US labels them as enemies as well, the US doesnt want china nor Russia to expand their powers because this means they will have a huge concurrent. These are power games but there is only one thing they all agree on - corrupting the arabs/muslims, and prevent the rise of a legimate islamic government at all cost. Since all those powers adopt secularism, however they can ally with mujahideen in the region like what happened with the US-mujahideen alliance in afghanistan against the soviets.

Why do you think the US is eager to let the destruction in syria going on? invaded iraq and destroyed it, invaded afghanistan destroyed it, same case with libya. And now currently they are preparing plans to invade syria which will lead no doubt to a new world war, completely according to zionist interests.

Sorry to say but this is a clear war on islam, why do you think most muslim countries are poor, in chaos and destruction? I dont say its the only fault of the west because its our own fault as well, by chasing dunya sadly, exactly what this hadith is talking about:

Book 37, Number 4284:
Narrated Thawban:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death.[Sunan Abu Dawood]

Jedi_Mindset
08-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Something to ponder about and what is currently happening

The War and Sanctions on Iraq, Syria, and in Future Egypt - as foretold in Hadith

With what has been transpiring in Iraq, and now Syria - it is extremely sad that the Muslim Ummah is SLEEP WALKING from one disaster into another - without paying much attention to what has been foretold to us in Ahadeeth and without realizing that Taaghooti forces are conveniently PLAYING our differences and Perceived fault-lines while the vast majority of the Ummah are getting exploited resulting in thousands of Muslims getting killed.
I encourage and invite all to go through some Ahadeeth and see for themselves what has been foretold and then put their hand on heart and ask themselves - if they want to be part of the problem - or part of the solution - a solution that unites and brings the ummah together - rather than cause its further destruction.
The following very interesting Hadith clearly foretold what is happening in Middle-East these days.
I first read the following hadith in Ibn'e Katheer's summary of Bidaya Wan Nihaya... but then on noted that it is from Sahih Muslim (as the original source).

Sahih Muslim Book 041, Hadith Number 6923.
The Book Pertaining to the Turmoil and Portents of the Hour

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as saying:

1. Iraq would withhold its dirhams and qafiz;

2. Syria would withhold its mudd and dinar and

3. Egypt would withhold its irdab and dinar and

4. You would recoil to that position from where you started and
(Repeated). You would recoil to that position from where you started and
(Repeated). You would recoil to that position from where you started,

5. The bones and the flesh of Abu Huraira would bear testimony to it.

Muslim: Book 41, Number 6961:

Abu Nadra reported: We were in the company of Jabir b. ‘Abdullah that he said:
“It may happen that the people of Iraq may not send their qafiz and dirhams. We said, “Who would be responsible for it?” He said, “The non-Arabs would prevent them.” He again said,
“There is the possibility that the people of Syria may not send their dinar and mudd.” We said, “Who would be responsible for it?” He said, “This prevention would be made by the Romans.” He (Jabir b. Abdullab) kept quiet for a while and then reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) having said: “There would be a caliph in the last (period) of my Ummah who would freely give handfuls of wealth to the people without counting it”. I said to Abu Nadra and Abu al-’Ala, “DO you mean ‘Umar bin ‘Abd al-Aziz?” They said, “No (he would be Mehdi).”

When reading the above two ahadith together – it clearly explains what is happening in the Middle-East these days and who would be responsible for it.

Some research on this Hadith:

According to this Hadith - "sanctions" would be imposed on 3 countries in the Middle-East in specific order as mentioned in the Hadith:
1st Iraq, 2nd Syria, and finally 3rd Egypt.

Let us do some detailed evaluation of this Hadith.
The hadith above mentions – Dirham and Qafiz in reference to Iraq.

The Hadith says:

“Iraq would with hold its dirham and qafiz”

Dirham = Money (see below for details)
Qafiz = A Measure of Oil!

1 Dinar = Gold Coin weighing 72 grains of average barley. This is now calculated as: 4.45 gm of Gold.
1 Dirham = (7/10) = 0.7 Dinar. (i.e. Dirham is 70% of a Gold Dinar).

It should be noted that the word “Qafiz” has been used through history for a measure of oil! Because of the Arab influence over southern Italy the Sicilian language has also borrowed some words from Arabic. One such word is clearly from the Arabic “Qifaz” and that word in Sicilain language is “Cafisu” - (cafiso: measure of oil) - [Arabic: qafiz]

This means that the sanctions imposed on Iraq would be about “Money and Oil”. i.e. An economic sanction with holding Money and Oil. (Remember the UN sanctions on Iraq and the Oil for Food programme).

The Non-Arabs would prevent them

As the Hadith about Iraq sanctions mentions - "The Non-Arabs would prevent them" - meaning that generally the Arab population would not be in favour of the sanctions in Iraq and it would be implemented by groups of nations - mostly non Arabs (i.e. Western Powers + United Nation)

We now know as a fact that economic sanctions were imposed on Iraq - after which there was 1st Persian Gulf War and then a 2nd Persian Gulf War.
The Persian Gulf War (2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991) commonly referred to as simply the Gulf War, was a war waged under the U.N. authorized coalition force from 34 nations led by the US and closely in cooperation with UK, against Iraq.

Duration of the Sanctions & War on Iraq

Sanctions were imposed (which can be seen in military terminology as a technique with the goal of “Softening up the Target”.
The war against Iraq started in August, 1990 – and ended in December, 2011 (although very strong foreign influences remain). The U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq was completed on December 18, 2011
Approximate Total time: Around 22-23 years. However – if you add the pre-war sanctions – the actual duration against Iraq is much longer. According to some estimates just the pre-war sanctions on Iraq were responsible for nearly 5 million deaths of children due to lack of medicine, medical supplies, and healthy nutrition.

The Number of Muslims Killed in Iraq

The result of the war on Iraq is clear. Although Saddam Hussain is gone – thousands upon thousands of Muslims have perished in this “foreign imposed war”.

A study, published in prestigious medical journal The Lancet, estimated that over 600,000 Iraqis had been killed as a result of the invasion (as of July 2006). Iraqis have continued to be killed since then.
The updated estimate as of 2012 is that more than a million Muslims died in Iraq. The estimate that over a million Muslims in Iraq have died received independent confirmation from a prestigious British polling agency in January 2008. Opinion Research Business estimated that the death toll between March 2003 and August 2007 was 1,033,000.

Syria would withhold its mudd and dinar ...

The Hadith mentions “Mudd and Dinar” in reference to Syria.

Mudd = typically used as a measure of Wheat, or more generally food (rice, wheat, barley, bread, etc). One Mudd is equated to ¾ of a kilogram, or sometimes as 708 grams. A mudd is a measure, commonly translated in today's terminology as a "Bushel"
This means that the sanctions imposed on Syria would be about Wheat and possibly general Food and (dinar) Money.

Further - the general food sanctions/witholding would be of a smaller nature compared to the sanctions imposed on Iraq (as Mudd refers to a small measure of general food items of around 708 grams).

Considering the sanctions on Syria - the hadith mentions “This prevention would be made by the Romans". Also please note that this time it was not mentioned that "The non-Arabs would prevent them" - this means that not just non-Arabs but even Arab government and population will be included in this.

This is clearly visible by the direct involvement of many Arab countries in the Middle-east such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Gulf Countries, and even “fighters” have poured in from as far as Tunisia and Libya.

This means that the key driver of sanctions against Syria would be present day Romans - i.e. Europeans and USA plus UK.

Considering what happened with Iraq - a similar fate seems to now be emerging as the expected outcome in Syria - resulting in war, then destruction of the country and finally withdrawal of occupation forces. Already nearly 80,000 plus Muslims have perished in this internal strife and war in Syria.

Considering that war in Syria started in 2012 – although without direct and visible involvement of “Roman” forces yet (no boots on the ground) - if we expect this to take around the same time as in Iraq, it may take potentially until 2012+22 = 2034.
Muslims should pray that insha Allah – that the situation in Syria does not drag out in a long drawn out war and would end quickly.

Egypt would with hold its irdab and dinar and

Taking the hadith to its logical conclusion - we can expect that after the conflict in Syria finishes - a situation similar to that which happened in Iraq / Syria - would finally happen in Egypt.

When Husni Mubarak was in power - I used to think how the west can be against Egypt - as Mubarak was their own man. However - as the "revolution" started and Ikhwan (Muslim Brotherhood) started to come to power - it became clear to me that - this will happen after Ikhwan or may be a combination of "Islamist" parties stay in power for sometime in Egypt and start to change the policies - specially the policy of being friendly with Israel and blocking aid to Palestinians. Further imagine if the Islamic parties in Egypt rip apart the agreement signed with Israel about Sinai - and take ownership of Sinai - then - it will be considered as "open challenge" to Israel and the US and according to the current terms of agreement would be “an act of war”. Only Allah (swt) knows how the situation in Egypt would develop – however – already the “Islamist” parties have come to power in Egypt and already the relationship between Egypt and the Western Powers has changed.
The words used in reference with Egypt are Irdab and Dinar.

Irdab is a special measure especially related to Egypt.
1 Irdab = 73 KG (of Wheat)

When talking about grain - Irdab generally means wheat free from rubblish, dirt and the husks. More generally Irdab also refers to fruit in their dried state - such as dried dates and raisins.

Hence the economic sanctions against Egypt would impact dried fruits and wheat imports/exports and ofcourse dinar (money).

The present and future governments and citizens of Egypt - specially those who have any concern for the Muslims there - should take heed and start preparing for such eventuality by making sure that they can protect and defend themselves from certain onslaught that is to befall them in the future - as Hadith can never be wrong.

Finally the hadith mentions

you would recoil to that position from where you started and
you would recoil to that position from where you started and
you would recoil to that position from where you started,

It is good to remember that when Rasul Allah (saw) wanted to emphasize some pointso that those who listen - can memorize and pay special attention – he (saw) repeated in 3 times. Hence when we notice that this phrase is repeated 3 times - this is a sign that we should pay special attention and take heed/note.

"You would recoil to the position from where you started" to me means exactly what it says - that the muslims in various parts of the world - would recoil (i.e. return) to the position from where they started. This can most likely mean that muslims return to their places of origin - so the majority of muslims in non-muslim lands (like Muslims living in North America, and Europe) would potentially return to their land of origin in the Middle-East in great numbers. This would happen if the economic situation in these countries continue to deteriorate to the point that racism, islamophobia and islam bashing becomes common place and a muslim wearing islamic dress or a woman wearing Hijab or Niqab will be banned... early signs of all these have already started happening and I fear that this trend will only continue over time.

And Allah (azza wa jal) knows best.

http://ummahpriorities.blogspot.nl/2013 ... a-and.html

جوري
08-25-2013, 02:55 AM
After the fall of communism, Islam is the last obstacle in the capitalist free world way.. is really all there's to it. Does that mean every westerner is aware or even cares, no most people are sheeples anyway.. just reading deeply into Egyptian forums the past few weeks have opened my eyes to just how many fogged up people are out there, they're not religiously tuned, they're not politically aware and they can't tie things together, there are even druggies and morons amongst them who parrot things that are fed to them daily just as there are here and I think it is a global thing which is precisely why govt. take liberties because some people need a whip and need masters to guide the way and need to be pouring in half their life's work into someone else's pocket and that actually runs the social strata as I have seen very poor people economically and politically aware of course because the oppression bites them the worse, and some liberals to be the dumbest gits. And some of them do wake up when they start seeing their buddies getting lynched before their eyes and their programs stopped in the middle for not having the right reply or swerving from what was written out for them.
which is precisely why :Allah::swt: made seeking knowledge obligatory!

:w:

Independent
08-25-2013, 11:47 AM
This thread is revealing - not because it's talking about something important, but for exactly the opposite reason. It's so deeply and utterly trivial. This image is something that only a Muslim would notice to get offended by, in a game that a 'good' Muslim is not supposed to be playing in the first place. If this is supposed to be propaganda, it's lousy targeting.

Aamrisaab's analysis of how this incident came about is so vastly more probable than the 'conspiracy' alternative that I'm surprised even a die-hard conspiracist would want to place themselves on such weak ground by arguing the case for it. However, it's always revealing to look at things the other way round so let's just imagine it could be true for a moment:-

For this to be a deliberate insult, it involves compelling regular game design team members to choose this image. It must also involve their creative director and some management in approving and controlling. It's hard to see how any anti-islam organisation would even know this game was in progress - so that suggests you'd have to a permanent infiltrator in the production company (perhaps in a number of production companies to make it worthwhile). All this for a couple of incidents scattered over decades. Presumably, you would also have to have similar infiltrators in many other industries to make sense of the idea.

Graphic design teams tend to be unconventional people who are more likely to have a natural affinity with Julian Assange than the US President. Yet somehow this team has been co-opted into making anti Muslim propaganda, unlike anything else they have ever done in their lives. Yet miraculously, when these average guys are recruited, not one of them decides to refuse and blow the cover on what's happening.

All this risk in order to achieve...what? I can't see it advances any possible agenda in any worthwhile way versus the danger. The only measurable result will be to cost the production company sales and possibly get the creative director fired.

And what exactly are the risks? As with every one of these conspiracy stories, discovery spells utter catastrophe for the perpetrators. If this mythical anti Muslim organisation is discovered intervening even in this trivial way, their existence is uncovered. The inevitable investigations would lead to far more serious discoveries (the alleged control of governments). In countries like the US, the scale of their crime would make them eligible for the death penalty. At the very least, it would lead to the complete collapse of their entire agenda.

And all for what? A tiny aspect of one of many thousands of video games, which will be forgotten about in a matter of months? Get real.

If you believe this story, then truly, you'll believe anything.

جوري
08-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Imagine the triviality of someone who chooses to write a meaningless essay filled with the usual verbiage & diatribe on a subject he considers trivial ;D

Abz2000
08-25-2013, 04:34 PM
no comment

In mid-2005, allegations of deliberate desecration of the Quran[3] in front of Muslim prisoners at the United States military Guantanamo Bay detention camp, Cuba fueled widespread controversy and led to ensuing Muslim riots. A US military investigation confirmed four instances of Quran desecration by US personnel (two of which were described as "unintentional"), and fifteen instances of desecration by Muslim prisoners.[5] According to CBC News, "The statement did not provide any explanation about why the detainees might have abused their own Holy books."[6] In May 2005, a report in Newsweek, claiming that it was U.S. interrogators who desecrated the Quran at the Guantanamo Bay base, further sparking Muslim unrest.

In February 2012, protests broke out in various parts of Afghanistan over the improper disposal of Qurans at the US military Bagram Air Base.[12] Protesters shouted "Death to America" and burned US flags. At least 30 people were killed and hundreds injured. Also 6 U.S. soldiers we killed after members of the Afghan National Security Forces turned their weapons on them and the Afghan protesters.
Boy, are you about to feel like an idiot. All these years you thought videogames were just another former of entertainment, created and designed by scores of talented, dedicated, hardworking artists and programmers. Now, that might still be true for non-violent games, but two German researchers say that violent games (and by extension the people who work on them) are government-sponsored death bringers, with direct ties to the Pentagon and U.S. military forces. Bet you didn’t see that one coming.

GamePolitics reports that these researchers have gone to great lengths to document the process by which military “killing simulators” found their way into living rooms all over the country, and the “havoc” said simulators have wrought on American society.
According to Renate and Rudi Hänsel:
“During the nineties, the killing simulators, employed for hand to hand combat in the U.S. army and police, were released by the Pentagon to be sold for private use on the public markets. As a consequence, the computer and video game industry that had co-operated with the Pentagon from the very beginning, boomed. Since then the so-called killer games have wreaked havoc among children and youths."
"The US army’s electronic training programs for killing people must be taken back to the US barracks, where they came from. They have to disappear from civil society altogether. They may be appropriate for the purpose of national defense or fight against crime; they have no place, however, in children’s rooms or in living rooms.”

....So there’s your videogame history lesson for the day. Now go forth, and every time you pick off some poor sap with a choice headshot in your favorite “killing simulator”, just think of Uncle Sam giving you a big thumbs up.

But as evidenced most recently by the Post, the military sees video games as serious business in shaping the larger politics and ideology of the national security state. That means along with questioning a certain game’s graphic nature or individual violence, we must also question whether we want video games being used by the Pentagon to promote the idea that society should deify, heroize and organize itself around the military — aka. the purveyor of institutional violence.
Maybe in the era of “USA! USA!” chants, that is something we want. Then again, maybe not, considering polls on military spending and saber-rattling suggest we aren’t nearly the militarist culture the media portrays us as. Either way, the ethics, morals and implications of the Pentagon-video-game nexus deserve far more attention than they’ve received.
In other words, it’s time to finally admit and then honestly address what video games have become — as much entertainment products as precision weapons in the Pentagon’s propaganda wars.

Jedi_Mindset
08-25-2013, 04:48 PM
^

Bingo, good post bro :)

Taabuu
08-26-2013, 07:17 AM
So let's just be silent and become a doormat to oppression and injustice so that we can show the non-Muslims we are not "terrorists." ^o)

جوري
08-26-2013, 12:30 PM
http://www.islam21c.com/politics/120...n-egypt-part-2

observer
08-26-2013, 02:40 PM
At the end of the day, you either believe that there's a massive, global, anti-muslim conspiracy, or you don't.

If you believe in it, you'll see it everywhere. If I wanted to find evidence of an anti-English conspiracy, or an anti-black horses conspiracy I could find it. The sheer number of people, agencies, companies and whatever else (as highlighted by independent) that would need to be involved is incredible.

Many right-wing supporters in the UK believe there is a pro-muslim agenda. They have evidence. Do you believe it? I don't.

جوري
08-26-2013, 02:46 PM
There's no conspiracy it's a fact the state the entire Middle East is in or any country desirous of Islamic rule is enough of a testament to that fact!

Berries'forest
08-26-2013, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
I said this in the other thread, and I'll say it again: putting a book that only RESEMBLES a copy of the Quran into a video game does not translate into a declaration of war against all of Islam (Assuming it's even true). If this is from Resident Evil 5, it's worth noting that it takes place in Africa so it could have been a design choice by the developers who might have read about Africa's large Muslim population. There's no reason to think something like this has any malicious intent. Also, even if the west is at war with you, Resident Evil is a Japanese game. Made in Japan. By the Japanese.
I don't understand how using the Quran as a means of instilling culture into a game would be of any good. The chief matter is that they should stop using religious symbols in video games since their influencing culture is heavily secular anyway so isn't inserting religious symbols into games something that contradicts their own philosphy. Second, it's very unreasonable of you to demand us to just over lookthese kinds of behavior because they apparently seem innocent and sponeuontaneous in your view. I think you yourself would be offended if that was your own picture lying there on the floor for some haughty soldier to pridefully stomp on. Atleast you should acknowledge that.

~Zaria~
08-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
This thread is revealing - not because it's talking about something important, but for exactly the opposite reason. It's so deeply and utterly trivial.
I dont think that you are entitled to decide what is 'trivial' for another group of people - in this case, Muslims - or not. By doing so, actually reflects arrogance.

The Quraan, the final glorious message of Allah, is regarded as sacred to muslims, and so, it is for us to decide whether such cases are appropriate and acceptable, according to our beliefs and standards (not yours, or any other atheist/ Christian/ other group on this forum).

I wonder why you have decided to comment/ pass judgement upon something that bears no relevance to you or your beliefs.

If a muslim is stating that he/ she finds such representation of our Holy scriptures offensive, then can you not respect this?

....I'm surprised even a die-hard conspiracist would want to place themselves on such weak ground by arguing the case for it. However, it's always revealing to look at things the other way round so let's just imagine it could be true for a moment:-
In my previous post, I had suggested that you search for 'subliminal messaging - cartoons/ video games/ advertising' on youtube (or on google).
Please do so - and you will find that almost all information about this, comes from non-muslims.

Most have a sexual under-tone - but perhaps, in the same manner, you will be able to create case scenarios as to how e.g. Disney manages to release so many movies (for kids) with these types of subliminal messages (as well as Coca Cola/ Pepsi/ BBC, etc) - and importantly, to ask yourself: why?

- What appears to be far-fetched to you (just because you have not understood the system that we are living in), is actually very plausible (and real) to the rest of us.

And all for what? A tiny aspect of one of many thousands of video games, which will be forgotten about in a matter of months? Get real.
If subliminal messaging (that is occurs over split seconds) was not as effective, then advertisers would not be spending as much time and effort in its use.

Please read this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...cientists.html

If you believe this story, then truly, you'll believe anything.
I think you meant to say: "If you believe my story, then truly, you'll believe anything."
^ Now this will make more sense :P

Thanks for your input.

faithandpeace
08-27-2013, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Greetings,
I dont think that you are entitled to decide what is 'trivial' for another group of people - in this case, Muslims - or not. By doing so, actually reflects arrogance.

The Quraan, the final glorious message of Allah, is regarded as sacred to muslims, and so, it is for us to decide whether such cases are appropriate and acceptable, according to our beliefs and standards (not yours, or any other atheist/ Christian/ other group on this forum).

I wonder why you have decided to comment/ pass judgement upon something that bears no relevance to you or your beliefs.

If a muslim is stating that he/ she finds such representation of our Holy scriptures offensive, then can you not respect this?
Jazakallah khair for this excellent point. This is why I do not think that non-Muslims have any place engaging in political discussions on Islamic forums that relate to Islamic issues. They are our brothers and sisters in humanity but they are not part of the ummah and therefore have no say whatsoever in its leadership or direction.

When I was a non-Muslim I was welcomed by the Islamic community to socialize at their da'wa table, I was welcomed to take a Qur'an translation which was free (and I still have that copy :) ), and I was invited to the masjid to see what it was like. I never assumed that I was welcomed to "teach" Muslims what Islam is or is not or to "guide" Muslims in what politics they should or should not support when I wasn't even Muslim myself. I do not believe da'wa extends that kind of courtesy. Beyond an invitation to join Islam or to support our causes at our invitation they are taking liberties that they never should assume have been granted.

And it makes these political discussions here on IB extremely counterproductive. And if someone feels otherwise whether a member or a mod/admin, then please quote from the Qur'an/Hadith where the Prophet (saw) permitted, encouraged, or tolerated non-Muslims to dictate Islam, Islamic politics, the creation, expansion, or future of the ummah. I would like to know.

Taabuu
08-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Heres a article about the Qur'aan it self
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=10197&l…

جوري
08-27-2013, 05:35 AM
You presume that people who come on these forums have noble intentions but in fact they're probably heavily monitored by government goons and paid shills!

عابر سبيل
08-28-2013, 05:51 AM
Something like this is in video games is only a small thing. There is a clear war on Islam, both physical and ideological, and it is waged on so many mediums that anyone who does not see it today and is Muslim, I fear for them. This is because all of this is already listed in the Qur'aan, so even if one was sheltered, they would know, but the world today even without the Qur'aan's speech is already more than enough to show. Those who are not Muslim and comment, they are best ignored because what is far greater than mere speech has already failed to open their eyes.

So leave them in their confusion for a time.

Al Anbiyaa', verse 54.

Independent
08-28-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't think that you are entitled to decide what is 'trivial' for another group of people - in this case, Muslims - or not
I understand that it is offensive to Muslims - however, the image was used in complete ignorance of its meaning. It's like 'sampling' from music, or taking part of a famous painting and reworking it into a new image. I don't think you can even regard the designer as careless or indifferent. It would never have crossed his mind that there was any risk of offense. He probably searched an image bank the same way he would have compiled a thousand pictures in the past.

This is 'trivial' also in the sense that it has zero political significance, is not evidence of an anti Islam agenda, and wouldn't be of any measurable advantage to such an agenda even if it exists.

It risks everything, but achieves nothing. People who were clever enough to pull off such an agenda would never be so stupid as to try half the things they're credited with.

In my previous post, I had suggested that you search for 'subliminal messaging - cartoons/ video games/ advertising' on youtube (or on google).
I am well aware of the concept of subliminal advertising.

If subliminal messaging (that is occurs over split seconds) was not as effective, then advertisers would not be spending as much time and effort in its use.
The Telegraph article you quote actually points out that it is illegal in the UK - so subliminal advertising does not exist here. The advertising industry is wholly private and is composed of a tremendous number of independent businesses which could never be controlled by central government without it being discovered very easily.

You could argue that product placement and sponsorship have a somewhat 'subliminal' aspect to them, but not in the sense you're looking for.

Obviously, it's true that many cultural products (films, games, books etc) have wider effects. Once again, almost all of this is produced by a myriad of private firms, the vast majority of which have no possible connection with government. If you want to see what government propaganda really looks like, there was plenty of it in WW2 - and you can tell perfectly easily that the government made it.

- What appears to be far-fetched to you (just because you have not understood the system that we are living in), is actually very plausible (and real) to the rest of us.
Well, we could both say that.

I recognise that you hold your views sincerely and your motivations are religious which I respect. However, I often feel that people are making comments here who have a complete lack of understanding or experience of life in a corporate/commercial environment. It's just not like that.

GodIsAll
08-28-2013, 05:32 PM
I heard Benjamin Netanyahu was co-programmer for background design.

Muezzin
08-28-2013, 05:45 PM
What's that game, Resident Evil?

Best thing to do would be to contact the game developer (I believe it is Capcom) directly:

http://www.capcom-europe.com/contact

Attach that screenshot, and ask if they can replace that Quran-like texture with a different, more appropriate one in their next patch.

Futuwwa
08-28-2013, 08:05 PM
And it makes these political discussions here on IB extremely counterproductive. And if someone feels otherwise whether a member or a mod/admin, then please quote from the Qur'an/Hadith where the Prophet (saw) permitted, encouraged, or tolerated non-Muslims to dictate Islam, Islamic politics, the creation, expansion, or future of the ummah. I would like to know.
I can't think of any ayat or hadith that would say any such thing. But, so what? Are there any ayats or hadiths that say the opposite? If there are no ayats or hadiths either way, why is your position on this the default one?

The most commonly accepted methodology is to consider everything halal by default, and for things to remain so in the absence of scriptural passages or any other specific reason for or against.

M.I.A.
08-28-2013, 08:55 PM
resident evil has probably a dozen games in the series by now.... and 50 million units sold.

whats more fitting to the thread is that its set in an almost post apocalypse world, where most of the inhabitants are zombies.

also, if you would like the quran to teach you politics.

read it as a guide for personal morality.

the rest is most definitely in there.

truth literally stands out from falsehood, unless you just entered the conversation.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Quran-like texture
.....oh lawd.

feels like opposite day.

anyway, all praise is due to allah swt.

~Zaria~
08-28-2013, 09:27 PM
I understand that it is offensive to Muslims -
Thank you for acknowledging this.
What is offensive can not be deemed as trivial.

however, the image was used in complete ignorance of its meaning. It's like 'sampling' from music, or taking part of a famous painting and reworking it into a new image. I don't think you can even regard the designer as careless or indifferent. It would never have crossed his mind that there was any risk of offense. He probably searched an image bank the same way he would have compiled a thousand pictures in the past.
How do you speak with such certainty of the developers intentions?
Do you by chance work at Capcom?

I am well aware of the concept of subliminal advertising.

The Telegraph article you quote actually points out that it is illegal in the UK - so subliminal advertising does not exist here.
^ Are you actually being serious here?

For those who are still in denial about this:

Capcom rolled out Zack and Wiki a long time ago for the Wii.

The game had a debut trailer in which a group of characters used the Islamic phrase “Allah o Akbar” and performed a ritualistic dance.

The trailer was not taken lightly and Capcom was bombarded with criticism from Islamic faith and organizations. There was also a court filing against Capcom from Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). The filed case asked Capcom to remove the Islamic phrase from the game. Capcom quickly recognized the severity of the issue and removed the phrase from the release version of the game and issued a press release with their response.

Capcom has been depicting Islamic artifacts in its “Devil May Cry” Series. What’s more infuriating is the fact that the artifacts used are of grave importance and respect in the Muslim faith. First, it’s Devil may Cry 3.....

The texture used to make that door is taken from the Entrance of the Holy Kabah. Also called the Baba’ e Kabah.

The use of the texture is completely outrageous. The concept of the game revolves around Demons and Evil Powers. The depiction of demons or evil people entering it justifies the fact that someone at Capcom is messing around. I wouldn’t call them names but it is obvious that the use is taken into account with knowledge of the importance of that artifact.
Full article here: http://blog.tabinda.net/islam/who-at...essing-around/

Game over?

My brothers and sisters - please, it is time to wake up and understand the world that we are living in.

These are intentional methods of trying to desecrate our deen. None has been borne out of ignorance.

You can chose to continue to spend your time and money on these open enemies of Islam.
Time and money that could (and should) be spent in the course of Allah, and for the sake of our brothers and sisters across the world, who are being humiliated by similar groups of people.

Until we understand the system that we are living in, we will continue to fall prey to their schemes.

Our purpose here is not for games and play, but for the worship of Allah and for investing in our life in the Aakhirah.

Please consider this, the next time you decide to spend a few hours in front of your console, hacking away at some demon-like images in games with titles such as 'Devils May Cry'.
The only devil we should be trying to defeat is not the one on a video game......but the one who refused to obey Allah (subhanawataála), and whose only desire is to see as many men and women dragged into Jahannum with him.

:wa:

M.I.A.
08-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Capcom has been depicting Islamic artifacts in its “Devil May Cry” Series. What’s more infuriating is the fact that the artifacts used are of grave importance and respect in the Muslim faith. First, it’s Devil may Cry 3.....

The texture used to make that door is taken from the Entrance of the Holy Kabah. Also called the Baba’ e Kabah.

The use of the texture is completely outrageous. The concept of the game revolves around Demons and Evil Powers. The depiction of demons or evil people entering it justifies the fact that someone at Capcom is messing around. I wouldn’t call them names but it is obvious that the use is taken into account with knowledge of the importance of that artifact.
well played for making a more concise argument.

i guess thats me done from the thread.

no doubt it wont be any easier the next time round.

جوري
08-28-2013, 11:57 PM
Nidal Hassan gets the death sentence for 13 military pigs the pig who killed 17 afghan civilians gets a life sentence - American justice and yes again not a war in Islam or anything!

M.I.A.
08-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Nidal Hassan gets the death sentence for 13 military pigs the pig who killed 17 afghan civilians gets a life sentence - American justice and yes again not a war in Islam or anything!
i guess its all on the jury.

...who are probably picked by random selection.

where exactly are you going with this?

also, in the end most things balance out. according to allah swt. (edit..all things balance out)

who pays the cost?

...and who would ever want to accept it?

~Zaria~
08-29-2013, 06:12 AM
well played for making a more concise argument.
I should thank brother Muezzin for providing the contact details for the game developer Capcom.

:jz:

M.I.A.
08-29-2013, 02:36 PM
ah well i guess that really is poetic justice.

thanks.

also made me click the link for once.

at the end of the day, its just capcom telling a story.

much the same as any other form of media.

...and im all for freedom of speech.

what they have to say and what actually happens is probably two different things.

so its all just symbolic desecration of faith.

aamirsaab
08-29-2013, 03:11 PM
..[snip]
These are intentional methods of trying to desecrate our deen. None has been borne out of ignorance.
Yes I am sure that the sound team for Zak and Wiki purposely used an "Allahu Akbar" sound bite solely to insult Muslims.

Just as I am equally sure that the graphics team for Devil May Cry 3 purposely used the Kaaba door texture solely to insult Muslims.

And Capcom? Well obviously they must be Zionists hell bent on making Muslims look bad, one soundbite and graphic at a time!
/sarcasm

جوري
08-29-2013, 03:54 PM
No need for sarcasm when you state the obvious - what's that reverse psychology?

Mustafa2012
08-29-2013, 04:39 PM

Wars take place in many forms and using various methods.

One of them is the use of propaganda by the media.

The use of sound bytes, images that cause insult to a particular group of people or religion is one form of propaganda used to turn one group of people against another. This is used in different places and times to gain the support of the people for "certain" actions like wars and other types of oppression that governments wish to take.

It is well known that Muslims are portrayed negatively in the media.

The baddies always seem to have a beard of some kind and mostly always look like they are of Arab descent. They are also often dressed wearing long robes like Muslims do.

This subconsciously creates a negative perception in the minds of the people towards Muslims which can affect the way they interact with people of Arab background and Muslim faith.

Hollywood and even the UK film industry is getting bolder and bolder day by day in the way they portray Islam in their films for e.g.

United 93 - In this film they re-create the scenes in final moments of the planes that flew into the twin towers. The bombers here are portrayed as Arabs even though no one saw any of these men nor was there any CCTV footage shown of them. There has been plenty of evidence put forth by non Muslim experts in architecture and other fields of study to prove that those buildings could not have been taken down by those planes.

Besides that there were many other clues that the media had advanced knowledge of the attack when they are shown talking about buildings coming down before they even came down etc. I am amazed at how they were allowed to re-create a situation where no one actually saw the bombers and there is no conclusive evidence to prove it was Muslims who did it. Films like these send a message to the public that it was Muslims who carried out these attacks and this creates a negative perception towards Muslims. In fact many Muslims were harmed after this attack in revenge for what happened even though no clear evidence was produced to prove it was Muslims who did it.

On the contrary there is clear evidence publicly available to prove it was done by the Israeli extremists "Mossad" but no one has taken them to task for it.

Lord of The Rings 3 - In the final battle the enemy side is shown as having archers on the backs of elephants. These archers are wearing the face veil. Co-incidence? What kind of effect would this have on women wearing the face veil?

World War Z - In this film the world is taken over by zombies that have been infected by a virus. Guess who the zombies are? Wait for it... They're none other than a people who have already been afflicted with oppression for the last 50+ years. To add insult to injury Hollywood portrays the Palestinian people as zombies who have been infected by a type of virus and they are shown climbing over each other to escape climb over the high wall barrier that they have been imprisoned in for the last who knows how many years.

Seventh Son - A bunch of guys are trying to save the world from witches. Guess who the witches are? out of all the people in the world they could have chosen, the witches are portrayed as Muslim women. The main witch is shown in a mosque like building, chanting spells.

True Guns - Denzel Washington is stopped by the border agency to check his passport. He's told he needs to check his ID "just to make sure he's not a Muslim". Then Denzel Washington pulls out a gun and says, "Assalaamu alaykum"

I guess some people might think these are all co-incidences.

Others might interpret them as part of a strategy to turn the masses of people against Muslims and the religion of Islam.

Whatever view you take please remember that the Film industry as a whole (largely controlled by Jewish financers) are getting bolder and bolder day by day in their portrayal of Muslims. Jewish extremists spend all their wealth and efforts to turn the world against Muslims on every level they can. This enmity has been there since Prophet Muhammad, an Arab, was given the final Prophethood instead of one of their leaders.

I am amazed at how the film industry are allowed to portray Muslims in such negative ways and no one says a thing about it. If Muslims made films about Christians or Jews in a similar fashion I am sure that there would be an uproar about it all over the Western World. So why should we stand for this negative portrayal of Muslims?

M.I.A.
08-29-2013, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
Whatever view you take please remember that the Film industry as a whole (largely controlled by Jewish financers) are getting bolder and bolder day by day in their portrayal of Muslims. Jewish extremists spend all their wealth and efforts to turn the world against Muslims on every level they can. This enmity has been there since Prophet Muhammad, an Arab, was given the final Prophethood instead of one of their leaders.
its a re-occurring theme in religion.

astagfurallah.

~Zaria~
08-29-2013, 05:22 PM
No need for sarcasm when you state the obvious - what's that reverse psychology?
SubhanAllah, Im trying to understand it myself.
Allahu alim.

If as muslims, we can watch a video filled with violent, satanic images followed by a clear image depicting the door of the Kaaba (which is meant to represent the door to 'Demons Domain' in the game - Astaghfirullah).....and feel nothing about it, then I'm not sure what more to say....

SubhanAllah.

aamirsaab
08-29-2013, 05:52 PM
United 93...
I'm not defending this movie nor am I going to get into 9/11.

Lord of The Rings 3 ...
All the LOTR movies are based on the books.

World War Z...
This movie is based on a book.

Seventh Son...
This movie is based on a book

Two Guns...
This movie is based on a graphic novel.

This being said, I do agree with you on the depiction of Muslims in movies tend to be quite negative.

If you would like to change this, perhaps try getting into the movie industry yourself and start creating movies with more positive portrayals of Muslims and Islam?

Mustafa2012
08-29-2013, 06:36 PM

Brother Aamir,

With all due respect my post wasn't intended specifically for you but since you replied let me make a few points.

Firstly, I don't get your point about them being based on books.

Haven't you noticed how in the film versions of books, the story and characters are actually portrayed quite differently. Hollywood glamorizes things and adds in extra things that weren't in the book.

In the books maybe they don't or didn't have any references to Muslims or Islam but in the films they can and do add in those "extras" which are so obvious.

The other point is that since Hollywood is financed mainly by the Jews or more specifically Zionists, they have all the more reason to use their resources to turn the masses against us.

I gave not 1, but 5 specific examples above of how films are used to create a negative image of Islam and Muslims and you failed to recognize even one of them.

If you can't notice the blatant propaganda against Islam in films then that is your choice however there are others who can and my post was intended for them.

With regards to your advice about getting into movie industry. Funnily enough I do know someone who is a script writer and I might just take your advice in that regard.

However that being said, I don't believe it's necessary for me to start creating movies in order for people to realize and do something about the blatant propaganda against Islam in the film industry. There are other ways of raising awareness about this issue.

May Allaah :arabic2: guide us all to The Straight Path.

Mustafa2012
08-29-2013, 06:45 PM
SubhanAllah, Im trying to understand it myself.
Allahu alim.

If as muslims, we can watch a video filled with violent, satanic images followed by a clear image depicting the door of the Kaaba (which is meant to represent the door to 'Demons Domain' in the game - Astaghfirullah).....and feel nothing about it, then I'm not sure what more to say....

SubhanAllah.

Living in the West for too long has a strange effect on some people. After a while their sense of Al Wala and Bara starts to get affected.

M.I.A.
08-29-2013, 08:20 PM
slightly off topic but if you think islam gets a bad wrap in the media, you should take a look how black people have been typecast.

Living in the West for too long has a strange effect on some people. After a while their sense of Al Wala and Bara starts to get affected.
yes quite.

mankind is nothing but insolence and competition, east or west.

thats what drives the drama.

i suppose you would write off most people that have had there characteristics changed by the world they live in.

in actual fact, it would be far easier to think that way.

and far harder to actually make them change without transgression.

or convince them of your implied superiority.

allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

so can you really complain?

Mustafa2012
08-29-2013, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
slightly off topic but if you think islam gets a bad wrap in the media, you should take a look how black people have been typecast.

yes quite.

mankind is nothing but insolence and competition, east or west.

thats what drives the drama.

i suppose you would write off most people that have had there characteristics changed by the world they live in.

in actual fact, it would be far easier to think that way.

and far harder to actually make them change without transgression.

or convince them of your implied superiority.

allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

so can you really complain?
It's funny how you mentioned African Americans/Africans because I did notice a similarity between what they went through and what Muslims go through. I don't personally like using the word "black" because most of them are not black. They're more of a medium to dark brown complexion but that's another debate.

Muslims are the new "blacks" or the new "Jews". They need someone new to pick on and bully. Unfortunately they can't do it to the african americans nowadays as much as they got away with in the past because they had enough and stood up for themselves. :ia: A time will come when Muslims will do the same.

I don't know what implied superiority you're referring to. Maybe you misunderstood my words.

I was simply trying to say that if you live in the West for too long, you can start to get desensitized towards the plans and plots that the enemies of Islam prepare for us on a daily basis and you lose that feeling where if we're not able to change the evil then at least hate it in our hearts. That according to the hadith is the lowest form of emaan.

However it becomes a problem when people are not just, not fulfilling this lowest part of emaan (of hating it in our hearts) but they cannot even recognize the evil that is blatantly staring at them in the face. This is a sign of desensitization towards the evil around us.

I do not write off most people who have had their characteristics changed by living in the West, however I think that it is a serious problem when people get to a stage when they cannot recognize evil as evil anymore. That is an indication of their level of emaan.

Yes, Allah :arabic2:raises and lowers as he wills but we cannot use that as an excuse to continue ignoring some of the evils around us.

M.I.A.
08-30-2013, 12:20 AM
your right, i would not say that black guy.

its a touchy subject and one that is easily likely to offend.

if its taken as such.

like most things language is an open invitation to show our true character.

what motivates us.

i was lead to believe that its in our answers to the questions posed by life that we are judged on.

unfortunately i have not spoken much for the last few years.

so im rather likely to judge on questions.

muslims are not the new blacks or jews.

its a personal mindset.

i recently visited a largely white neighborhood and actually felt like i could breath again.

its a strange feeling.

and one that actually makes you think that being good might actually rub off on somebody.

rather than being somebodies breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Mustafa2012
08-30-2013, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
your right, i would not say that black guy.

its a touchy subject and one that is easily likely to offend.

if its taken as such.

like most things language is an open invitation to show our true character.

what motivates us.

i was lead to believe that its in our answers to the questions posed by life that we are judged on.

unfortunately i have not spoken much for the last few years.

so im rather likely to judge on questions.

muslims are not the new blacks or jews.

its a personal mindset.

i recently visited a largely white neighborhood and actually felt like i could breath again.

its a strange feeling.

and one that actually makes you think that being good might actually rub off on somebody.

rather than being somebodies breakfast, lunch or dinner.
You're entitled to your opinion.

There are exceptions of course. I know that there are many good people out there among non Muslims and I give credit where it's due. But they are in the minority. There are still a large no. of people out there who think that it's ok to speak about Muslims and oppress them in whatever way they like just because they are the majority.

In my personal experience, what Muslims are going through now is very similar to what the African American, people of African/Caribbean descent and even Irish people went through years ago and what some of them still go through to this day. Some of the orthodox Jews also get a lot of stick for their appearance and beliefs.

The African Americans, people of African/Caribbean descent and Irish had to literally fight for the rights through protests and riots until they were given some of the dignity back.

For Muslims, our religion prohibits use from using physical means to get our rights in lands where there is peace (unless of course, we are oppressed physically).

One of the main ways we achieve our goals is through peaceful dialogue and education.

:ia: soon what we have been promised by :Allah: :arabic2: and His final Messenger :arabic5: will be fulfilled. There is no doubt about that. We just need to be patient and do whatever little we are able to until that time comes.

LauraS
08-30-2013, 08:21 AM
I know that there are many good people out there among non Muslims and I give credit where it's due. But they are in the minority.
Oh thank you!

Mustafa2012
08-30-2013, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
Oh thank you!
I'm sorry if that offends you but that statement was based on my personal everyday experience of interacting with non Muslims, the kind of statements and coverage I see being made in the media, social media and public forums for discussion. Others might have a different experience. Until I experience things differently this is how I see it.

Independent
08-30-2013, 11:06 AM
The baddies always seem to have a beard of some kind and mostly always look like they are of Arab descent. They are also often dressed wearing long robes like Muslims do.
it is interesting to look at films through the decades to see how the choice of baddies has changed.

First thing to remember is that many films need a baddy for dramatic purposes, so someone has to get the part. The choice tends to reflect current conflicts. The James Bond series is particularly revealing because it spans the whole period from the 60s to the present day. In the Cold War, the Russians were the generic baddies. But post Glasnost that's not so easy so the selection has changed. It's hardly surprising Muslim terrorists are a popular theme right now - they have the added advantage of not necessarily belonging to a particular country, so no state can be offended.

If you sit down and try to think of it from the movie producer's point of view, finding a suitable baddy is genuinely more complicated these days. Who else do you expect them to choose?

So Muslims have been one of the new categories - but it's not as simple as that. Another major theme is an internal right wing US conspiracy. Particularly interesting is the recent Iron Man 3 (5th highest grossing film of all time) which appeared to have an evil Muslim as the main villain - but he turns out to be a front used to throw suspicion elsewhere by the real villain, a right winger. (Sorry if i ruined the surprise but it's not much of a movie.) The picture is far from as black and white as you suggest.

One interesting Hollywood trend that has persisted for 50 years and more is the use of English actors to play the main villain (even in Iron Man 3 the 'Muslim baddy' was actually English, both dramatically and in actual fact!). The reason for this lies partly in ambiguous attitudes in the US towards the UK, but also especially because an English accent sounds 'foreign' whilst being entirely comprehensible. They don't necessarily play the part of an English character in the drama - for instance, they may play an evil Roman character etc.

As we all know, the UK has been the US's most important ally since WW2, so it's strange that they have depicted English actors so unfavourably. Do I think this is a conspiracy? No I don't. But if English people happened to be all Muslim, you would be including that on your conspiracy list.

Futuwwa
08-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I'd prefer if we focused on efforts on actual oppression of Muslims that takes place in plain sight, rather than on conspiracies that many of us (me included) are far from convinced even exist.

M.I.A.
08-30-2013, 03:16 PM
it is interesting to look at films through the decades to see how the choice of baddies has changed.

First thing to remember is that many films need a baddy for dramatic purposes, so someone has to get the part. The choice tends to reflect current conflicts. The James Bond series is particularly revealing because it spans the whole period from the 60s to the present day. In the Cold War, the Russians were the generic baddies. But post Glasnost that's not so easy so the selection has changed. It's hardly surprising Muslim terrorists are a popular theme right now - they have the added advantage of not necessarily belonging to a particular country, so no state can be offended.

If you sit down and try to think of it from the movie producer's point of view, finding a suitable baddy is genuinely more complicated these days. Who else do you expect them to choose?

So Muslims have been one of the new categories - but it's not as simple as that. Another major theme is an internal right wing US conspiracy. Particularly interesting is the recent Iron Man 3 (5th highest grossing film of all time) which appeared to have an evil Muslim as the main villain - but he turns out to be a front used to throw suspicion elsewhere by the real villain, a right winger. (Sorry if i ruined the surprise but it's not much of a movie.) The picture is far from as black and white as you suggest.

One interesting Hollywood trend that has persisted for 50 years and more is the use of English actors to play the main villain (even in Iron Man 3 the 'Muslim baddy' was actually English, both dramatically and in actual fact!). The reason for this lies partly in ambiguous attitudes in the US towards the UK, but also especially because an English accent sounds 'foreign' whilst being entirely comprehensible. They don't necessarily play the part of an English character in the drama - for instance, they may play an evil Roman character etc.

As we all know, the UK has been the US's most important ally since WW2, so it's strange that they have depicted English actors so unfavourably. Do I think this is a conspiracy? No I don't. But if English people happened to be all Muslim, you would be including that on your conspiracy list.

i dont think any of it is a conspiracy.

you take what you have and weave a story out of it.

it needs to be relavent to have appeal.

so you look at social trends and news for inspiration.

media sources you use for inside jokes.

and lastly reference material.

9 times out of ten you can point a finger and say that reminds you of something.

most things that are edited out are simpy to widen the audiance appeal at the loss of accuracy.

thats why its hollywood.

incidentally iron man one had the bad dad villian...plus terrorist mercs.

iron man two was russian.

so its hardly set in stone.

also batman had something very similar in ras al gual.

...suprisingly george cloony batman is always overlooked.

its a joke, you can literally make of it what you will.

but most kids grow up reading comics because they relate to it, its an escape an ideal.

and for some time, it is very easy.

...its hardly the ark of the covenant but you could almost imagine.

thats the joke really.

..its not.

my brother was talking about alexander the great the other day.

im not sure what importance he played within islamic history.

but the hollywood adaptation does not portray him as having had islamic values.

anyway, we are all here to learn about the quran,

islam and how our own opinions of it differ.

Muhammad
08-30-2013, 04:07 PM
:salamext:
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
I'd prefer if we focused on efforts on actual oppression of Muslims that takes place in plain sight, rather than on conspiracies that many of us (me included) are far from convinced even exist.
Good point. Let's not waste any more time on this discussion. Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!