PDA

View Full Version : My problem and struggle



Internal
04-08-2016, 09:31 AM
I have had waswas for a while and I isolated myself and now I feel my iman missing. I have bad thoughts about islam and Allah I even have kufr thoughts. The worst part is everytime I self talk/ question myself I get a kufr reply in my head. I say I'm Muslim by mouth but when I say something like that my mind goes kafir and so on. I do seek refuge with Allah from these whispers but the thoughts are still there they sometimes go for only 1 second and then come back. Basically I don't have bad thoughts about Allah but now I have kufr thoughts to do with me and my believe my minds/hearts calls me all these kufr words and i uttered I would be out but now I don't know if I'm out or not. I feel like my heart became a munafiq I see all the sign and I did that lying breaking promises so on. Now I don't know if I can make it back because I try but it was my fault for trying to fight back and ponder on these thoughts can I ever be revived?! Cause I don't know if hypocrites can be forgiven.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Internal
04-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Also I had a dream that I don't want to mention but I think it's coming true [emoji31]
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-08-2016, 10:34 AM
:salamext:

Pray your 5 prayers, do dhikr often and recite Darood Shareef often, :ia: things will get better.
Reply

Umm Abed
04-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Hold on dear brother, those are just waswasa which are very common. Dont let these thoughts let you down. Allah Ta'ala knows you inside out so dont worry about it, because you are a muslim and have Iman inside so the shaitan can often bother people like that.

The way to combat it is to not let these thoughts bother you because it is not from you. May Allah make it easy for you.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Internal
04-08-2016, 01:34 PM
I usually think they are because the timing of these thoughts come so naturally it's scary. There are points when I repent to Allah and call myself kafir even thought I'm repenting and it happens at specific moment while repenting even when I talk good about Islam or just think about Allah it comes. The only thing that speaks good is my tongue
Reply

Internal
04-08-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm not a kafir I believe I'm Muslim because I do my obligation for a reason and make sure not to show off
Reply

Umm Abed
04-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I usually think they are because the timing of these thoughts come so naturally it's scary. There are points when I repent to Allah and call myself kafir even thought I'm repenting and it happens at specific moment while repenting even when I talk good about Islam or just think about Allah it comes. The only thing that speaks good is my tongue
Yes even if that is the case, you should just seek refuge in Allah Azza wa Jal, and carry on whatever you'r doing, as if nothing happened, because the moment you become despondent thats when the shaitan takes advantage, so, know that these thoughts arent from you but the shaitan.

Also read ayatul Kursi after every salah, make abundant dhikr and istighfar, all will help insha'allah.
Reply

Internal
04-08-2016, 01:41 PM
I realise that I keep on falling in the same traps [emoji37] and I shouldn't Do that
Reply

M.I.A.
04-08-2016, 01:50 PM
Well, one man's heaven is another's hell..

What do other people's voices follow when you meet them?

...learn to live with it I suppose.. Or pretend to be someone else.
Reply

Internal
04-08-2016, 04:46 PM
What exactly do you mean with that?
Pretend to be someone else?!
Reply

M.I.A.
04-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Your right, pretence us not an option..

Guess you just have to bear with it and gradually change your state of mind over time..

That's all it is at present.
Reply

sister herb
04-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
Also I had a dream that I don't want to mention but I think it's coming true [emoji31]

Salam alaykum

Calm down brother. When we have bad ideas in our mind, they many times comes to our dreams too but it doesn´t mean they will become true. May Allah helps you in your difficult times.
Reply

Internal
04-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Are you saying I should just ignore these thoughts and they will eventually pass away and not keep in a negative state of mind MIA?
Reply

M.I.A.
04-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Lol they will eventually pass.. Rather than pass away oldboy.

I don't think you coined the term waswas
Reply

Internal
04-08-2016, 05:22 PM
I got pretty confused from what you said.....
Reply

ardianto
04-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I'm not a kafir I believe I'm Muslim because I do my obligation for a reason and make sure not to show off
Assalamualaikum.

My concern about Islamic teaching nowadays is emergence of takfiri groups that easily call other Muslims as deviant, or even kuffar. It makes some youths who learn Islam easy to call kuffar to other Muslims, or ...... they begin to doubt about their Iman and start thinking that they are not really Muslims.

Bro, I notice your case. And seem like you become victim of takfir that thrown by takfiri groups.
Reply

Internal
04-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Alright thanks for the advice I know I just need to keep calm and do other things and continue worshiping Allah
Reply

sister herb
04-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I got pretty confused from what you said.....
Don´t worry. Most of others too don´t usually get his message.
Reply

M.I.A.
04-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Eeexcellent, my job here is done..

:|

No but seriously, talking to people or getting a job will help..

Because you can't hold that feeling indefinitely.

Originally Posted by sister herb
Don´t worry. Most of others too don´t usually get his message.
:/

Thank yoooooo... I am but a mere poor reflection of any real message..

Iv seen better.
Reply

Internal
04-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by ardianto
Assalamualaikum.

My concern about Islamic teaching nowadays is emergence of takfiri groups that easily call other Muslims as deviant, or even kuffar. It makes some youths who learn Islam easy to call kuffar to other Muslims, or ...... they begin to doubt about their Iman and start thinking that they are not really Muslims.

Bro, I notice your case. And seem like you become victim of takfir that thrown by takfiri groups.
I guess my problem is paranoia when I think such a thing I go oh no why did I do that why did I disrespect my creator. I think I just overreacted when I saw signs of a hypocrite that made me lose my edge. But I am pretty sure I can make it out of this mess over time inshallah
Reply

Internal
04-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Don´t worry. Most of others too don´t usually get his message.
Yeah
Reply

M.I.A.
04-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Come on! Don't jump on the bandwagon so early.. Lol.

May Allah swt get you through your hard times.
Reply

ConcealedGem
04-14-2016, 08:38 PM
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

may allah keep you steadfast, keep yourself busy because it's probably waswas.. Consider seeing a raaqi iA?
Reply

Serinity
04-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Dude, I am having similar problems....

my advice is ignore the waswass. Keep away from takfiri groups, and keep to your ibadah. Don't ever act on the doubts, don't ever think, if the thought comes, reverse the thought into a positive thoughts..

So if a thought comes "you're a munafiq!" shrug it by telling yourself "I am muslim, period" ignore the thoughts, shrug them off.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-15-2016, 09:10 AM
:salamext:

How are you feeling now?
Reply

Internal
04-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
:salamext:

How are you feeling now?
Well I have had a steady week but things are still the same I am calm most of the time now but I still get these thoughts.now I'm worried that I committed the sin. Cause I say I believe in and then my head says
Something else I don't know if I did the sin or not.
Reply

Internal
04-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
Well I have had a steady week but things are still the same I am calm most of the time now but I still get these thoughts.now I'm worried that I committed the sin. Cause I say I believe in and then my head says
Something else I don't know if I did the sin or not.
I have ignored for the week but now at this moment I feel like I'm falling again
Reply

Umm Abed
04-17-2016, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I have ignored for the week but now at this moment I feel like I'm falling again
How are you falling again? You should continue to ignore the thoughts. Be positive that it will not bother you anymore.
Reply

Internal
04-17-2016, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
How are you falling again? You should continue to ignore the thoughts. Be positive that it will not bother you anymore.
It's because I am my own destruction I sinned and I shouldn't have done it but I did and now these thoughts are going to come back because my mistake I am my own destruction I'm so stupid I killed my heart when it was being revived. I caused all of this yet my feelings have all went and these thoughts will come again cause of what I did I am the worst I hate myself for my actions and my soul doesn't even feel regret I'm so evil and vile
Reply

Umm Abed
04-17-2016, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
It's because I am my own destruction I sinned and I shouldn't have done it but I did and now these thoughts are going to come back because my mistake I am my own destruction I'm so stupid I killed my heart when it was being revived. I caused all of this yet my feelings have all went and these thoughts will come again cause of what I did I am the worst I hate myself for my actions and my soul doesn't even feel regret I'm so evil and vile
No brother, that is a big mistake, to think that there is no hope for you. None of us are sinless, remember that. What you must do is repent. We are human, and human nature tends to err. So, no matter how much you fall back, keep on coming back to Allah swt He loves you just keep that bond with Him He is always there for you alhamdulillah, that is so amazing.

So, even if you were to commit a sin over and over, if you repent then you are clean, by Allah. Subhanallah, Islam is so easy!
Reply

Internal
04-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
No brother, that is a big mistake, to think that there is no hope for you. None of us are sinless, remember that. What you must do is repent. We are human, and human nature tends to err. So, no matter how much you fall back, keep on coming back to Allah swt He loves you just keep that bond with Him He is always there for you alhamdulillah, that is so amazing.

So, even if you were to commit a sin over and over, if you repent then you are clean, by Allah. Subhanallah, Islam is so easy!
I'm not hopeless I'm just upset that I did such a disrespectful thing. But I know I will get forgiven it's just I felt bad for what I did. Just when the anxiety gets to me I just freak out for a while and calm down afterwards
Reply

Umm Abed
04-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I'm not hopeless I'm just upset that I did such a disrespectful thing. But I know I will get forgiven it's just I felt bad for what I did. Just when the anxiety gets to me I just freak out for a while and calm down afterwards
Then thats a good sign that you've got hope. Naturally, if your faith is strong you will feel upset but since it is not something which you intentionally do so you'r not responsible for that.

Try not to freak out because it makes you feel worse.
Reply

Internal
04-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Then thats a good sign that you've got hope. Naturally, if your faith is strong you will feel upset but since it is not something which you intentionally do so you'r not responsible for that.

Try not to freak out because it makes you feel worse.
I'll take that into consideration and try to fix my anxiety problems
Reply

Umm Abed
04-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
I'll take that into consideration and try to fix my anxiety problems
I do hope all goes well for you, may Allah make it easy for you and give you peace of mind ameen.

Any thoughts you want to let off please post, --thanks :jz:
Reply

ReboundMuslimah
04-30-2016, 02:32 PM
As-Salamu Alaykum,

You're not alone if it makes you feel better I used to get those kuffar thoughts and I went into depression mode for a couple years but Alhamduliah I am out of it now. One thing that really help me is learning about the oness of Allah(tawheed). I took a course online and it really strengthened my belief and took some of my doubts away. You gotta really learn about your creator and connect with him otherwise you'll be an easy target for satan. I also stopped watching tv because it often made me forget about Allah. You gotta sacrifice some stuff sometimes otherwise you'll never get anywhere. You gotta strive and learn, you can't just sit there and expect these thoughts to go away. Makes lots of duas and pray all your salahs, salah is very important.Another thing that also helped me is opening a random page in the Quran and reading the English translation since I didn't know how to read Arabic. At times I landed on some verses where I felt like Allah was directly speaking to me.

Anyways I hope I helped and inshallah I'll keep you in my prayers.

Wasalam!
Reply

Internal
05-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Life is not going well I kept calm and tried to ignore these thoughts but I have been bombarded yesterday with negative thoughts every seconds and now I am uttering bad things and I can feel my Iman going. I tried everything but what is going on why is this happening why am I still being dragged down into hell and uttering kufr repeatedly in just 1 day!!! I'm sorry to annoy you guys again but yesterday was just the worst.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
05-06-2016, 02:46 PM
:salamext:

Recite Darood Shareef often, :ia:
Reply

Umm Abed
05-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
Life is not going well I kept calm and tried to ignore these thoughts but I have been bombarded yesterday with negative thoughts every seconds and now I am uttering bad things and I can feel my Iman going. I tried everything but what is going on why is this happening why am I still being dragged down into hell and uttering kufr repeatedly in just 1 day!!! I'm sorry to annoy you guys again but yesterday was just the worst.
Brother, I know its bad, try complete ignoring, like you know, real ignoring these thoughts. Know that they are not from yourself as they come spontaneously, it is the whisperings of shaitan. Dont let it make you go down.

Are you uttering kufr verbally? How have you tried combating this??
Reply

Internal
05-06-2016, 08:56 PM
I have uttered verbally but stopped myself in my track but sometimes I don't even know if I utter it or not and now I'm just trying to pay attention to what I say and if something bad is going to come out my mouth I stop myself. Also what if the thoughts aren't spontaneous?
Reply

Umm Abed
05-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Your trying so hard to stop this utterances shows that you dont intend to say it. And such thoughts are spontaneous, you may think its not, but it is. Only a person who does not believe will say something bad intentionally.

May Allah make it easy for you and forgive you as He knows whats in your heart.

Sorry for only replying now as Ive just seen your post now.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2016, 02:22 PM
:salamext:

I went through a phase of "how is Allaah going to resurrect us when we are dust" when I was 16... Random waswas!

Alhamdulillah ignored those thoughts, read Qur'aan, busied myself in gaining Islamic knowledge, and the thoughts went away.
Reply

Internal
05-12-2016, 03:14 PM
I am trying to learn about my religion more and more so I can get this evil out of my head. Though I sometimes get some paranoia over the state of my heart and the evil I have uttered. I am trying to change my heart and take it away from these evil that is within me. I am sure my iman is really low but I got to be determined to make it rise up and not neglect it anymore.
Reply

Internal
05-15-2016, 09:45 PM
I am pretty sure I failed. I have uttered kufr twice when self talking in my head and when trying to reply to myself I uttered kufr. I am just a failure Why can't I just kill myself why can't I?! I just don't want to die but what can I do when such hell awaits my arrival. Is this really my destiny?! I hate my sins I hate myself I hate these thoughts I hate it all why did I cause this because of my ignorance and lack of heart! It just upsets me that I have been ignoring it but nothing has changed I feel like everything I do won't change the outcome of my punishment. I can't blame Allah though it's all my fault.
Reply

muslimah_B
05-15-2016, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I am pretty sure I failed. I have uttered kufr twice when self talking in my head and when trying to reply to myself I uttered kufr. I am just a failure Why can't I just kill myself why can't I?! I just don't want to die but what can I do when such hell awaits my arrival. Is this really my destiny?! I hate my sins I hate myself I hate these thoughts I hate it all why did I cause this because of my ignorance and lack of heart! It just upsets me that I have been ignoring it but nothing has changed I feel like everything I do won't change the outcome of my punishment. I can't blame Allah though it's all my fault.

When you think those thoughts, whatever it is, watch islamic videos on that specific subject.... whenever you think of something that goes against Allah... say your shahada out loud and then astagfirllah and keep saying it untill you feel better somehow..

I know its hard, iv been there with those thoughts many of times, but wallahi its all shaytan working on your weaknesses trying to turn you against Allah... so dont let shaytan win... you are a believer so are much stronger than shaytan he is here to decieve us and turn us away from Allah anyway he can, he will use our weaknesses or any doubts we have against us..

So any doubts you have research it, look about it in the Quran or hadeeths what is said about those specific subjects..

I was where you are right now not so long ago, you have to be strong and keep telling yourself that Allah is all mercifull and Allah will forgive me, think the best of Allah

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari]


We are all sinners, none of us are pefect at all in any way... but the worst of people end up becoming the best,

You have Allah to turn to, to talk to, when you go and pray stay in sujood (in the last rakah before sitting up for tashahud and salam) stay in sujood and just cry your eyes out to Allah, tell Allah your pain tell Allah everything ask Allah to help you and guide you and whatever else it is that you want from Allah... that helped me so much, just there in sujood crying to my Allah in sha Allah it will help you so try it
Reply

Internal
05-16-2016, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by muslimah_B
When you think those thoughts, whatever it is, watch islamic videos on that specific subject.... whenever you think of something that goes against Allah... say your shahada out loud and then astagfirllah and keep saying it untill you feel better somehow..

I know its hard, iv been there with those thoughts many of times, but wallahi its all shaytan working on your weaknesses trying to turn you against Allah... so dont let shaytan win... you are a believer so are much stronger than shaytan he is here to decieve us and turn us away from Allah anyway he can, he will use our weaknesses or any doubts we have against us..

So any doubts you have research it, look about it in the Quran or hadeeths what is said about those specific subjects..

I was where you are right now not so long ago, you have to be strong and keep telling yourself that Allah is all mercifull and Allah will forgive me, think the best of Allah

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari]


We are all sinners, none of us are pefect at all in any way... but the worst of people end up becoming the best,

You have Allah to turn to, to talk to, when you go and pray stay in sujood (in the last rakah before sitting up for tashahud and salam) stay in sujood and just cry your eyes out to Allah, tell Allah your pain tell Allah everything ask Allah to help you and guide you and whatever else it is that you want from Allah... that helped me so much, just there in sujood crying to my Allah in sha Allah it will help you so try it
It's just uttering it which worries me and since i did I just feel empty like my iman has been destroyed because what I said out loud. I never wanted to lose my iman but now I don't know what I am in front of Allah.
Reply

Umm Abed
05-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
It's just uttering it which worries me and since i did I just feel empty like my iman has been destroyed because what I said out loud. I never wanted to lose my iman but now I don't know what I am in front of Allah.
Busy your heart and tongue with the dhikr of Allah.

Say 'astaghfirullah', through out, you will be firm.

Allah swt forgives whats not intentional.
Reply

Hopes N Prayers
05-16-2016, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
I have had waswas for a while and I isolated myself and now I feel my iman missing. I have bad thoughts about islam and Allah I even have kufr thoughts. The worst part is everytime I self talk/ question myself I get a kufr reply in my head. I say I'm Muslim by mouth but when I say something like that my mind goes kafir and so on. I do seek refuge with Allah from these whispers but the thoughts are still there they sometimes go for only 1 second and then come back. Basically I don't have bad thoughts about Allah but now I have kufr thoughts to do with me and my believe my minds/hearts calls me all these kufr words and i uttered I would be out but now I don't know if I'm out or not. I feel like my heart became a munafiq I see all the sign and I did that lying breaking promises so on. Now I don't know if I can make it back because I try but it was my fault for trying to fight back and ponder on these thoughts can I ever be revived?! Cause I don't know if hypocrites can be forgiven.
Remember this is a test from Allah so bare with patience and inshallah those thought will go away. "With every hardship comes ease"
Reply

muslimah_B
05-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
It's just uttering it which worries me and since i did I just feel empty like my iman has been destroyed because what I said out loud. I never wanted to lose my iman but now I don't know what I am in front of Allah.
Keep saying astagfirllah, your shahada, as soon as you say it recite your shahada then astagfirllah.
The fact you feel bad about it shows you still have emaan in your heart, if you didnt feel bad then you should start to be a bit worried about your emaan...
The sign of feeling guilty and bad about our sins is a good sign.
Just keep pushing to do good things, watch some islamic lectures on topics of your choice, or even better yet Allahs mercy towards us, it will melt your heart.
Shaytan is not stronger than a believer unless you let him be.
Remind yourself you are a slave of Allah, and shaytan is a clear cut enemy to all of mankind
When shaytan reminds you of your past or your sins, remind shaytan of his future in jahanumm that is written for him we know shaytans future, but we dont know ours, your determination to be away from sin to stop bad could earn you the mercy from Allah... you just have to believe Allah is all mercifull and he will forgive.
The door is always open for repenting, while you still have emaan... use it !
Reply

Internal
05-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the help it's just I want to feel guilt I know my wrongs I know what I have done is wrong but I don't want to be destroyed cause of things I uttered from my mouth or in my head. However now I just want to utter good. I want to be healed inshallah I know I am rock bottom but my faith is me my love for Allah made me the person I am. I don't want to throw it away because of the shaytan or my evil self.
Reply

muslimah_B
05-16-2016, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
Thanks for the help it's just I want to feel guilt I know my wrongs I know what I have done is wrong but I don't want to be destroyed cause of things I uttered from my mouth or in my head. However now I just want to utter good. I want to be healed inshallah I know I am rock bottom but my faith is me my love for Allah made me the person I am. I don't want to throw it away because of the shaytan or my evil self.
You have to remember Allah is all mercifull to you as long as you repent..
If you do a sin and dont repent you will not be forgiven...why ? Because you didnt ask.... its as simple as that.

We all say silly things in our head, but we must say astagfirllah as soon as it happens, even say auhdu billahi minash shaytanir rajeem (i seek refuge in Allah from the accursed shaytan) repeat that as much as you need to, it does help.
Pray, play Quran, watch lectures, do anything you can to melt your heart to the deen, go to the masjid and be around believers, try not to be alone through this, its harder to deal with when your alone, even if you have just one person who you confide in and will remind you of Allah every step of the way
Do dikhr and say
SubhanAllah - Glory is for Allah
Alhamdulilah - All praise is for Allah
Allahu Akbar - Allah is greatest

As many times as you want !
Reply

Internal
05-17-2016, 08:52 AM




I just want to know who does this apply to? I really don't want this to apply to me cause I do lie a lot to people. Also the fact that my thoughts and doubts are really bad. So does this apply to me?! Am I a hypocrite?!
Reply

Umm Abed
05-17-2016, 08:59 AM
The message is for the true hypocrites.

You basically suffer from recurring whispers which you cannot personally control, so its different.

Id advise you to stop the habit of lying as well. :)
Reply

Internal
05-17-2016, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
The message is for the true hypocrites.

You basically suffer from recurring whispers which you cannot personally control, so its different.

Id advise you to stop the habit of lying as well. :)
I do want to stop lying and want to become better. But my problem is what if I think of these things on purpose. Yes I am that lost that I don't know the difference anymore between my thoughts and the shaytan. Problem is whenever I says something bad thoughts come then I nearly utter bad things but hold my self back from saying it by mouth but it is said in my head and I don't know if it is from evil or not. Also when I wake up or forget about thoughts it is all calm but don't feel happy because I want to remember Allah 24/7 I don't want to be neglectful. My problem is just I go crazy thinking that these thoughts could be from me and that the shaytan has driven me mad cause I want faith and I want to die with it.
Reply

Umm Abed
05-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
I do want to stop lying and want to become better. But my problem is what if I think of these things on purpose. Yes I am that lost that I don't know the difference anymore between my thoughts and the shaytan. Problem is whenever I says something bad thoughts come then I nearly utter bad things but hold my self back from saying it by mouth but it is said in my head and I don't know if it is from evil or not. Also when I wake up or forget about thoughts it is all calm but don't feel happy because I want to remember Allah 24/7 I don't want to be neglectful
Its enough to have the intention to become a better person to make that difference, it will happen eventually.

About the thoughts, it is clear that you are affected from the thoughts which are evil in itself but they dont stem from you but the shaitan. The way to make your life easier is to keep the tongue busy in dhikr of Allah, do it constantly. You will find relief insha'allah.

When you wake up do so with Allah's name, read the kalima and istighfar. Have you been doing the istighfar as advised in earlier posts?
Reply

Internal
05-17-2016, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Its enough to have the intention to become a better person to make that difference, it will happen eventually.

About the thoughts, it is clear that you are affected from the thoughts which are evil in itself but they dont stem from you but the shaitan. The way to make your life easier is to keep the tongue busy in dhikr of Allah, do it constantly. You will find relief insha'allah.

When you wake up do so with Allah's name, read the kalima and istighfar. Have you been doing the istighfar as advised in earlier posts?
Yes I have. I have been busying myself with dhikr.
Reply

Umm Abed
05-17-2016, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
Yes I have. I have been busying myself with dhikr.
Alhamdulillah:)

Continue doing it.

Also ayatul Kursi after every salah and before sleeping, as well as 3 last surahs of Qur'an morning and evenings.
Reply

_E_3
05-17-2016, 10:16 AM
Dear brother you sound like me i have OCD and i have blasphemous thoughts over and over
i also hear voices and see things as well a paranoia and delusions ... dont listen to these thoughts or voices dont give them any of your time
i'd talk to your dr about this therapy or/ and medication might help you
Reply

Internal
05-17-2016, 11:08 AM
I have talked to doctors and they have given me anti anxiety tablets but they stopped me a few months ago cause my problem went however since feb it came back.
Reply

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 11:24 AM
Have you been diagnosed with any mental health problems at all ?
Maybe you could benifit from rukya (its not just for those who are possessed) you could do self rukya where you listn/recite certain ayats of the Quran wich can help.
(Just type in youtube "self rukya ayats" there is many to choose from)

But honestly try your best to keep up with prayers, keep remembering Allah small steps to always remember Him and protect yourself :
On your bathroom door put the dua you say before you enter(and enter with left foot)
It was narrated from Zayd ibn Arqam (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “These toilets are haunted (inhabited by devils), so when anyone of you goes to the toilet let him say,*‘A’oodhu Billaahi min al-khubthi wa’l-khabaa’ith*(I seek refuge Allaah from the male and female devils).” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 6; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.*
- say bismillah before you eat or drink anything
- when you finish eating or drinking say Alhamdulilah
- when you leave or enter the house give the salams
- if you are away from your house for more than 3 days, once you return play Surah Al Bakara (you have 3 days to play the whole surah) to ward off any jinn or shaytteen
https://youtu.be/3embG9qWyDo
After fajr and magrib prayer recite the 3 quls in order 3 times so, surah ikhlas, Falaq, nas x 3 then ayuhtul kursi
-ayatul kursi after every prayer
- try to get use to saying "subhanAllah" instead of "omg"
just make small little changes and you will notice the difference.

Maybe if you say when or why you have these moments then insha Allah we can clear up any confusions.... do you have any doubts about something, or has something you have learnt about islam made you think "but how or why" sometimes not understanding properly or assuming it means something totally different than what it actually means, makes shaytan come to you and whisper and doubt your deen even more, thats how these thoughts and feelings come
Reply

nadinesauriol
05-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
I have had waswas for a while and I isolated myself and now I feel my iman missing. I have bad thoughts about islam and Allah I even have kufr thoughts. The worst part is everytime I self talk/ question myself I get a kufr reply in my head. I say I'm Muslim by mouth but when I say something like that my mind goes kafir and so on. I do seek refuge with Allah from these whispers but the thoughts are still there they sometimes go for only 1 second and then come back. Basically I don't have bad thoughts about Allah but now I have kufr thoughts to do with me and my believe my minds/hearts calls me all these kufr words and i uttered I would be out but now I don't know if I'm out or not. I feel like my heart became a munafiq I see all the sign and I did that lying breaking promises so on. Now I don't know if I can make it back because I try but it was my fault for trying to fight back and ponder on these thoughts can I ever be revived?! Cause I don't know if hypocrites can be forgiven.

Hello

- Struggle is part of life
- Struggle is best lesson provide for our life
- Think Positive.


Thanks Dear.
Reply

Internal
05-21-2016, 08:14 AM
[removed]
Reply

Internal
05-22-2016, 03:20 PM
[removed]
Reply

Internal
05-27-2016, 03:22 PM
I can't do this anymore this nightmare is becoming real what am I supposed to do. I clearly remember what happened in that dream and I didn't think much of it back then but now if this is happening is it my destiny to go to hell and lose my Islam! I am truly worthless I have lost my self due to following these thoughts too much and sinning.

I repent but now I don't know what to do anymore I am lost and upset I feel nothing in my chest just a void which has nothing. I am pretty sure I chose error over guidance. Why why am I so empty

I want faith but now I am self doubting myself and doubting everything. My life has hit the low point. Salah feel like motions only no heart and when I say the ashaduhu my heart wavers or feels empty. I made constant dua what am I supposed to do?

I will also admit I have been following the advice given to me however I didn't achieve the consistency I should have achieved [emoji20].
Reply

Umm Abed
05-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Consistency is possible. Remember only prophets are sinless. Dont let your doubts overcome you.

You do repent so thats all that is needed. Dont let the shaitan mix you up with thoughts like salah is only motions and not in the heart.

As long as you are praying salah, you are on the path of success.
Reply

Internal
05-27-2016, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Consistency is possible. Remember only prophets are sinless. Dont let your doubts overcome you.

You do repent so thats all that is needed. Dont let the shaitan mix you up with thoughts like salah is only motions and not in the heart.

As long as you are praying salah, you are on the path of success.
Thank you I needed that confidence boost!!! Cause I hate empty feelings and I worry that my doubts got the better of me.
Reply

Umm Abed
05-28-2016, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
Thank you I needed that confidence boost!!! Cause I hate empty feelings and I worry that my doubts got the better of me.
Alhamdulillah. Now say I CAN do it, instead of 'I cant'. Thinking in the positive sense will remove the negativity of what you'r feeling.

You do repent - so dont say you dont know what to do anymore-- but rather -- 'I know that Allah swt is the Most merciful and He will forgive me even if my sins are as much as the foam in the oceans!

Never say you'r worthless because a person who has Allah in his heart, will go to Jannah through His mercy.
Reply

Internal
06-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Alhamdulillah. Now say I CAN do it, instead of 'I cant'. Thinking in the positive sense will remove the negativity of what you'r feeling.

You do repent - so dont say you dont know what to do anymore-- but rather -- 'I know that Allah swt is the Most merciful and He will forgive me even if my sins are as much as the foam in the oceans!

Never say you'r worthless because a person who has Allah in his heart, will go to Jannah through His mercy.
This is what I like to have, a positive heart. But there are time When I say something blasphemous even in Ramadan in my head and I try to combat it by saying good by my mouth however this causes a distress within me since I have no knowledge of the unseen and I worry about my status. I have read something online that states that if u think kufr without saying it u commit kufr.
With these thoughts coming naturally to me like it's from my own heart it does put one on the edge. Inshallah I would like a better understanding of Allah and I am trying to make it happen this month.

So my questions are:

1. When will someone be held accountable for their thoughts?

2. Does one get guided if they learn about Allah and his scriptures so they can be guided?

3. Can thoughts that come naturally cause a sin on the person thinking it?

4. If I have these evil thoughts and they come from me and I repent and pray my daily prayers will I be helped like question 2?

I guess I'll use the answers as a way to refer back to when I fall into similar problems in a different nature and allow me to help others.

Thanks for reading
Reply

Scimitar
06-07-2016, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
1. When will someone be held accountable for their thoughts?
Never, your thoughts are private and unless they manifest in action - you are not held accountable. I see where you are going with this - you are sufferring waswasa - there is a way out.

Originally Posted by Internal
2. Does one get guided if they learn about Allah and his scriptures so they can be guided?


Originally Posted by Internal
3. Can thoughts that come naturally cause a sin on the person thinking it?
Like I said, only if you act on them.

Originally Posted by Internal
4. If I have these evil thoughts and they come from me and I repent and pray my daily prayers will I be helped like question 2?
Yes, this struggle you face is known as Jihad Akbar, (The Great Struggle) it is the personal struggle of the self to be worthy God's mercy. Each of us go through it - the evil thoughts will come but we have the ability to recognise them and discard them, no?

Originally Posted by Internal
I guess I'll use the answers as a way to refer back to when I fall into similar problems in a different nature and allow me to help others.

Thanks for reading
This video, please watch - it shows you how to help your "self" :



Scimi
Reply

Internal
06-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Timi Scar
Never, your thoughts are private and unless they manifest in action - you are not held accountable. I see where you are going with this - you are sufferring waswasa - there is a way out.







Like I said, only if you act on them.



Yes, this struggle you face is known as Jihad Akbar, (The Great Struggle) it is the personal struggle of the self to be worthy God's mercy. Each of us go through it - the evil thoughts will come but we have the ability to recognise them and discard them, no?



This video, please watch - it shows you how to help your "self" :



Scimi


I would like to give more detail on my issue. For example when ever I think about Allah and Islam I ask certain question to myself like is Allah real. Of course I said yes however my mind say no it's fake and this even happens when I am not questioning myself and it just appears like I disbelieve in Allah.

Then there are times when I say atheism isn't real seriously it has no logic. But my goes yes u believe in it and this also happens when I am just sitting alone and doing worship. So when I think of Allah I get blasphemous thought and denying my faith in Allah and his existence and sometimes I even get thoughts like oh leave the religion and become one of the kafirs.

The thing is I don't even want these thoughts I look at the traweeh prayer and I feel empty when I hear verses even in translation. Then there are times I cry and it only happened once yesterday which felt hypocritical.

Oh Allah I don't want this pain it hurts not to have a soul and hope and good faith. It hurts so much even though my heart doesn't show it my mind hates this. Then I have hateful thoughts about Muslims like what!?

This is why I worry so much in falling into kufr because my thoughts come so naturally without the use of an external force and it feels like I am losing will power. However I still pray.

So yeah a very detailed description on what is happening and I still feel like I haven't covered everything. Yeah this is a really bad I had a heart for Allah but due to psychological torture I lost it and I do want it back.

Honestly it feels like my nightmare is coming true. I mean I gotta mention just to give a clear understanding on what is happening. I had a dream that I was in hell and you know what I said to Allah "oh Allah I believe in you forgive me" but I didn't get no reply. This kinda worries me that the dream is my fate. I don't want to have such a nightmare be my destiny... I agree I did wrong but I feel like a sealed soul that has been cursed cause no matter how much dua I make this problem still exists.
Reply

Scimitar
06-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Believe it or not bro, you echo my own struggle... Alhamdulillah, I was able to come through it with confidence. But it took time.

What I did was this, I started to study all scriptures and compare them to Quran.... nothing even came close. As for science and all that jazz? Bro, I found that Science is a baby still trying to learn Quran.

What do I mean by that?

Well, you seem to be quite informed on scientific facts regarding the cosmos, right?

Check this out:



There are plenty of mind blows in the Quran like this... plenty. Each time i discover one - the reality is enforced that this book, the Quran, is not a book - it's a criterion - al furqan.

To ven call it an holy book is an understatement - this is LOGOS - what the Christians call the living word - because since its revelation, it just increases in us Muslims in belief as time moves on... but the study of it is one that is subtle.

I do not read the Quran like any other book.

It is not like any other book.

It is miraculous in the fact that no matter how much people have attempted to prove it wrong - it changes the hearts of the enemies and softens them to belief.

Only those who earn the displeasure of Allah will not come to faith.

But inside of you is the seed of imaan - you are struggling because of the following reason. (do not wonder how I know)

You neglected Islam for a time and when you wanted to come back to it - you had doubts... these doubts are nowt but the whisperings of the devils who can now get into your conscious because you became weak in Islam and they found a way in.

You can drive those voices out. All you have to do is say "I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed satan" three times, each time it happens.

Stay in ritual purification - ghusl and wudhu.

Carry the "fortress of the Muslim" dua book with you at all times (except when going to the bathroom), and use this little gem of a book which contains dua made from quran ayat and the duas the Prophet pbuh himself practiced.

Look at the title of this small book - THE FORTRESS OF THE MUSLIM.... Try this for a few days and report back with your progress dear bro.

And hold nothing back, ok? be as honest as you can be. I'm here to help in sha Allah.

Scimi
Reply

Internal
06-14-2016, 09:07 AM
I want to believe in Allah but I don't know if I am
Giving too much negativity to my thoughts lol. Sometimes k read the Quran and I feel nothing but sometimes I feel it resonating with me. It feels strange I guess I have seen the truth of Allah.

So this weird block needs to be removed some how cause even I don't know what it is. Like damn we are clearly not from monkey since like why won't the monkey turn into people. Everything has been created by something I don't see my phone appear out of thin air and I had this viewpoint forever.

But I know my issue its not that I have disbelieve or anything or that have been sent astray. It's only because I sinned a lot aka major sins or telling repeated lies. So I guess I do believe in Allah it's the shaytan taking advantage of me and I have damaged the connection between me and my god so I see that as the problem why I can't self reflect on ponder properly. But I guess consistency matter and I can only clean myself if I continue praying, making dua. Do good deeds and read the Quran then my connection will be back and I need to do this before I do to ensure I please Allah.
Reply

Umm Abed
06-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Ignore the weird block or mental block, its no good giving it much thought. You'r doing good as you know what your priorities are. This definitely shows you'r trying and have belief in Allah swt, alhamdulillah.

You got it right when you realise that consistency is important, continue praying, making dua, doing good deeds and reading the Qur'an. All this will go a long way in helping you dispel your negativity, so no giving in:)

May Allah make it easy for you and reward you.
Reply

Internal
06-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Ignore the weird block or mental block, its no good giving it much thought. You'r doing good as you know what your priorities are. This definitely shows you'r trying and have belief in Allah swt, alhamdulillah.

You got it right when you realise that consistency is important, continue praying, making dua, doing good deeds and reading the Qur'an. All this will go a long way in helping you dispel your negativity, so no giving in:)

May Allah make it easy for you and reward you.
I will try my best there are times when I feel like giving in but my heart won't except it cause it beats like crazy lol. So I guess my heart panicking is a good sign. It's just this will take time and Ramadan will surely help me.

After all I led a live of sin and gave no care about prayers like hearing the Adan and just saying I will pray later. But I'm glad this at least gave me some insight on who I am and what I need to do to please Allah. A life of ignorance won't help me. So I am thankful to Allah for this test as I thought this was a punishment but at the end of the day it's Allah saving me from myself. But yeah cleaning something dirty will take some time however I will make sure to be patient XD
Reply

Umm Abed
06-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Masha'allah that's a good attitude to have. You do have the ability to improve yourself, never give in, and never lose hope in Allah's mercy. This verse of the Qur'an will give solace to the heart,
“Say: “O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.” (Surah Az-Zumar 39: 53)

May Allah swt increase your Imaan and keep you steadfast, ameen.
Reply

Internal
06-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Whenever I do a covenant I broke it for 3 years straight. I may have committed kufr ash-shakk waz zann since I have these doubts and evil thoughts and surely I must have a lack conviction/faith. Then again I might also just be a Munafiq since I have done everything a munafiq has done over and over and over again even I holy months.

My tears are surely just a facade but hypocrites surely know not that they are deceiving themselves. My oath is just like a screen. I mean seriously who has evil and hateful taught about Allah and I do have these thoughts and I think them myself.

I have sinned repeatedly for 3 years straight 3 years I decided to turn a blind eye and do major repeatedly and now that I have this waswas I still didn't improve myself a year ago.

Maybe it's too late for me, maybe I am just astray never to be guided back and never understanding. It seems my nightmare is coming true, I never new anything about hypocrisy literally nothing but that dream was so detailed, Me asking Allah for help and saying I believe and then I get no reply and the Quran says that the hypocrites will say the same exact thing so I guess I am destined to be a loser because I chose error and misguidance.

"That is because they believed, then disbelieved, therefore their hearts are sealed so they understand not" this quote belong to me because no matter how hard I ponder how hard I think of punishment nothing comes from my heart not even an inch of movement. I am just pure evil.

Why I did I deal my heart what have I done I can't even cry properly because my tears disappear within seconds showing how much of a hypocrite I am. I ruined everything but I guess that's my life live as a loser die as a loser get resurrected as a loser. Basically I have been a loser all my life due to my stupid decisions my stupid errors. I have done everything wrong and now this is the icing on the cake for me the most vile creature on earth. All I needed is 100% conviction but because of my life choices I ruined my spiritual heart. I see people being moved by just opening the Quran and for one who is born into the religion I am just a disgrace. I should have learned my lesson but no I didn't I am ignorant and arrogant. A person who deserves to perish in the lowest depths of hell due to his disgusting behaviour.

Worst part is now listening to the Quran I think evil when I try to connect to it such as "oh your listening to just words" how can anyone think like that?!? I want an open heart but now it's filled with stupid stuff like this. There are times where people say to me " you ain't no Muslim" even though I haven't mentioned my depression issue to those people. This puts a damper on me and I am just losing myself.
Reply

Scimitar
06-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Ya know bro - it's when a Muslim doesn't feel like an hypocrite that he or she is truly in danger of hypocrisy... do not despair of the mercy of Allah.

Scimi
Reply

Umm Abed
06-15-2016, 06:35 PM
There is no way that you can give in, no ways. A person who's heart is sealed and filled with hypocrisy will not have an inch of worry for what he does or what depths he goes to. You, on the other hand, have great concern, that shows you have true belief in Allah.

You cant just give in to waswasa because that will be just giving in to the traps of shaitan; but, insha'allah, it will never happen. You can conquer them. Dont think so bad of yourself.

So what do you do when the thoughts happen to trouble you?
Reply

muslimah_B
06-15-2016, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
Whenever I do a covenant I broke it for 3 years straight. I may have committed kufr ash-shakk waz zann since I have these doubts and evil thoughts and surely I must have a lack conviction/faith. Then again I might also just be a Munafiq since I have done everything a munafiq has done over and over and over again even I holy months.

My tears are surely just a facade but hypocrites surely know not that they are deceiving themselves. My oath is just like a screen. I mean seriously who has evil and hateful taught about Allah and I do have these thoughts and I think them myself.

I have sinned repeatedly for 3 years straight 3 years I decided to turn a blind eye and do major repeatedly and now that I have this waswas I still didn't improve myself a year ago.

Maybe it's too late for me, maybe I am just astray never to be guided back and never understanding and he'll bring my abode. It seems my nightmare is coming true, I never new anything about hypocrisy literally nothing but that dream was so detailed, Me asking Allah for help and saying I believe and then I get no reply and the Quran says that the hypocrites will say the same exact thing so I guess I am destined to be a loser because I chose error and misguidance.

"That is because they believed, then disbelieved, therefore their hearts are sealed so they understand not" this quote belong to me because no matter how hard I ponder how hard I think of punishment nothing comes from my heart not even an inch of movement. I am just pure evil.

Why I did I deal my heart what have I done I can't even cry properly because my tears disappear within seconds showing how much of a hypocrite I am. I ruined everything but I guess that's my life live as a loser die as a loser get resurrected as a loser. Basically I have been a loser all my life due to my stupid decisions my stupid errors. I have done everything wrong and now this is the icing on the cake for me the most vile creature on earth. All I needed is 100% conviction but because of my life choices I ruined my spiritual heart. I see people being moved by just opening the Quran and for one who is born into the religion I am just a disgrace. I should have learned my lesson but no I didn't I am ignorant and arrogant. A person who deserves to perish in the lowest depths of hell due to his disgusting behaviour.

Worst part is now listening to the Quran I think evil when I try to connect to it such as "oh your listening to just words" how can anyone think like that?!? I want an open heart but now it's filled with stupid stuff like this. There are times where people say to me " you ain't no Muslim" even though I haven't mentioned my depression issue to those people. This puts a damper on me and I am just losing myself.
The fact you feel bad shows you still have emaan in your heart, while you are still drawing breath you have every chance to repent to Allah, the doors of forgiveness are always open whilst your alive, never stop using them, even if you feel yoour heart is hardend keep making dua to Allah to soften your heart, even if you cant cry force yourself to, even mimic one that is crying.

In one of your prayers when in the last sujood, keep your head on the floor, and talk to Allah, tell Him everything how you feel what you want, ask Him to guide you, ask Him to soften your heart, ask Him to make your heart beat for Allah that it cannot go a day without remembering Allah, Ask Allah to forgive your sins and change them to good deed, CRY OUT TO Allah, remember he is the one who created who, who knows you better than your own self.

It doesnt matter how many sins youv commited Allah will forgive you by his will

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

“Say: O ‘Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

[39:53]*

Ibn Majah narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Mas’ood (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The one who repents from sin is like one who did not sin.” [Saheeh Ibn Majah]

Please have a read of these

https://islamqa.info/en/65621

https://islamqa.info/en/169682

Please do not give up hope brother, Allah is giving you a chance to repent and turn your life around, it may not happen overnight but the opportunity is there so hold onto the rope of Allah firmly even if you are sliping holding on, just keep that grip and slowly pull yourself up

Maybe try listening to islamic lectures or uplifting talks to help pull your heart back into the deen, anything that appeals to you that will help make you have a positive approach to deen, maybe try death and grave as a start (these helped kick me where i needed it when i was low)
then slowly add more Quran as you begin to find your feet
Reply

Scimitar
06-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
There is no way that you can give in, no ways. A person who's heart is sealed and filled with hypocrisy will not have an inch of worry for what he does or what depths he goes to. You, on the other hand, have great concern, that shows you have true belief in Allah.

You cant just give in to waswasa because that will be just giving in to the traps of shaitan; but, insha'allah, it will never happen. You can conquer them. Dont think so bad of yourself.

So what do you do when the thoughts happen to trouble you?
I order Haagen Daz Ice cream.

Ice cream has a way of making the blues turn pink :)
Reply

Umm Abed
06-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Timi Scar
I order Haagen Daz Ice cream.

Ice cream has a way of making the blues turn pink :)
What that has got to do with the post?:facepalm:
Reply

Internal
06-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
There is no way that you can give in, no ways. A person who's heart is sealed and filled with hypocrisy will not have an inch of worry for what he does or what depths he goes to. You, on the other hand, have great concern, that shows you have true belief in Allah.

You cant just give in to waswasa because that will be just giving in to the traps of shaitan; but, insha'allah, it will never happen. You can conquer them. Dont think so bad of yourself.

So what do you do when the thoughts happen to trouble you?
I literally panicked so hard I fell asleep ._. It's just when reading the Quran I applied those words to myself because I felt I met the description..
Reply

Umm Abed
06-15-2016, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I literally panicked so hard I fell asleep ._. It's just when reading the Quran I applied those words to myself because I felt I met the description..,
Yes you see, the panic alone shows your concern for your Iman - dont lose hope.

May Allah swt keep you strong and steadfast upon Iman and Islam, ameen.
Reply

Scimitar
06-15-2016, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
What that has got to do with the post?:facepalm:
everything. I eat ice cream when I feel down... it helps me to smile from the belly up :)

Scimi
Reply

Internal
06-16-2016, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by Timi Scar
everything. I eat ice cream when I feel down... it helps me to smile from the belly up :)

Scimi
ice cream just gives me a brain freeze [emoji24]
Reply

abu joanne
06-16-2016, 10:40 AM
Brother I want to help you to remove all these feelings.

You need to have a positive thinking?
Then Just see yourself as a positive person who will build this amazing world.
Dream Up and work to achieve your dreams.

from my experience, All you need is:
1- Big Goal
2-Positive companion(brothers/sisters) who will help you and encourage you to achieve your new goal.
3- change Your Life right now by Deciding to be new of you.
4- Make Dou
5- Do Charity even if just smiling.
6- Twakl On Allah.
7- Take action NOW.

Thank you and jazz Allah Khair Do it just Do it Now
Reply

'abd al-hakeem
06-16-2016, 02:41 PM
....
Reply

'abd al-hakeem
06-16-2016, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Timi Scar
I eat ice cream when I feel down... it helps me to smile from the belly up :)

Scimi
what an interesting thought :)

MARSHMALLOWS AND ICE CREAM!!!!!

Love you, fi sa bilillah, brother Scimi. Jazakallahu khairan kadheeran
Reply

Internal
06-17-2016, 09:24 PM
So today I had a pretty good morning since I saw a video that really moved me about Islam. But later on the day it went all down hill and I started calling myself a bad things in prayers causing me not to pray properly cause I had to restart it multiple times. I kept calling myself a kafir and all that and now I got told I must treat myself before I die as a non Muslim but I have been trying. I feel like i just don't care yet this morning I cared.
Reply

muslimah_B
06-17-2016, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
So today I had a pretty good morning since I saw a video that really moved me about Islam. But later on the day it went all down hill and I started calling myself a bad things in prayers causing me not to pray properly cause I had to restart it multiple times. I kept calling myself a kafir and all that and now I got told I must treat myself before I die as a non Muslim but I have been trying. I feel like i just don't care yet this morning I cared.
Have you tried having rukiya done ?
Or self rukiya ?
Reply

Internal
06-17-2016, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by muslimah_B
Have you tried having rukiya done ?
Or self rukiya ?
I have had it done before. I have calmed down now I was just in too much distress thinking of these thoughts repeatedly and I called my self things I shouldn't have had in my mind but all I can do is dua.
Reply

muslimah_B
06-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I have had it done before. I have calmed down now I was just in too much distress thinking of these thoughts repeatedly and I called my self things I shouldn't have had in my mind but all I can do is dua.
Maybe if you try playing the verses of the Quran meant for rukiya whenever you feel like that, it has had quite a calming effect on me and maybe choose a recitor who really packs a punch to your heart strings
Dont worry too much about this brother sometimes this happens to the best of us, just reaffirm your faith with the shahada and rememberance of Allah and look at the bright side the more you think like this the more you will be repeating your shahada and gloryfing Allah :)

Here are a few

https://youtu.be/Vas-xccZ90A

https://youtu.be/tNLK1sUs5EY

https://youtu.be/EMOv5kShKJI
Reply

Internal
06-18-2016, 05:25 AM
....
Reply

Internal
06-18-2016, 06:10 AM
Well at the end of the day this is still a test. This can literally last my whole life I just need to work properly and continue.
Reply

muslimah_B
06-18-2016, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
I'll tell you what my dream was and what it is now. All I wanted is to have a normal life and a normal family and do things like charity for the sake for Allah.

However this has changed in a way that I want to help other Muslims. People leave Islam because of these thoughts and whispers they start to believe in the illogical and other stuff because this world is just spamming such things in their face.

I just want to use my experience to help them get back to Allah but also teach people in general but that's if I become better and who knows if that will happen.

Trust me I have gotten tired these blasphemous thoughts and everything have ruined me as a person. I doubt everything I say and doubt myself I call myself things I shouldn't call myself or call Allah things like that as well.

Even though these are just thoughts I sometimes lean to the illogical stuff even though they are illogical. Who knows how many times I have committed kufr in front of Allah. Doubting him having a lack of conviction it all just makes my nightmare come true.

whenever I take One step of sincerity forward I take a million steps back and this puts me into a state of depression. Sometimes I just feel like jumping out a window cause this is nothing more than just hell on earth for me.

However I always say stagfrulah or other the shaduhu but I self doubt and think I'm not sincere I am not true. I either get frustrated or just sometimes feel like I don't care. I sound like a broken tape recorder lol it must get annoying for you guys to hear this repeatedly but it is annoying for me to go through this mess not knowing if he will die as a true believer of a failure who fell into kufr.

Again I have been told that I am in danger of having a bad end and turning into something I never wanted to turn into but how I can't control myself I have literally no idea what I am anymore. All I want is Allah to save me.
Well this is your test, Allah only tests those whom he loves

"The greatest reward comes from the greatest trial. When Allaah loves people, He tests them, and whoever accepts it gains the pleasure of Allaah and whoever complains earns His wrath.*
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396;and Ibn Maajah, 4031; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens his punishment in this world, and when He wills bad for His slave, He withholds his sins until he comes with them on the Day of Resurrection." *
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.*

Now do you see that you should be gratefull you are being tested, i remember reading i think a hadeeth or story (i will find it in sha Allah) and the sahabas cried that Allah wasnt testing them !!! Now imagine that we cry when Allah tests us because it becomes to much for us, we hardly can bare some of our tests and then are happy again when we are left alone, we should be sad for ourselves, these hadeeths give us solace that these trials are for our benifit because Allah loves us so much he is trying to purify us of our sins in this life so that we may attain jannah and not be punished, How mercifull is Allah to us !!! Allah is giving us chance after chance, tests after test to make us better maybe we have a high place in jannah but because of all our sins we cannot reach that place yet so we are tested and punished here to absolve us of our sins.

You are being tested right now brother, and Allah is going to shake your faith to the core, why? To see wether the love you claim to have, is it real when under pressure from life when people would just give up, you have to push through this and be strong and remind yourself that you are a muslim and that Allah is your creator and Allah is the most mercifull and sees your pain, He knows your pain, but he is testing you to make sure whatever place you have in jannah (in sha Allah) you get to achieve it by ridding you of your sins here while you still have the chance.


The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Think great of Allah, think Allah is beyond greatness beyond powerfull, think Allah is beyond perfection, think Allah is all powerfull He can do absolutely anything with 0 effort required, remind yourself Allah could punish you right now from your sins, but He is soooo mercifull that He tests you to RID your sins.. how beautiful, beyond beautiful is our Rabb !!!
Whenever you think of those kufr thoughts even when it creeps in remind yourself of this ^^^

You brother have an amazing opportunity to turn this all around and be a strong believer, when people go through very hard trials they come out on top a stronger believer than before, because they learn to appreciate eveything Allah does and even get wisdom behind the trial they was afflicted with, when you get through this, which you will, in time you will be able to look back and say "thats why Allah tested me with that trial Alhamdulilah i learnt such and such from it"

Just remember if you are not doing anything for Allah, why should Allah help you, if you turn your back on Allah, Allah will not help you
If you want the help of Allah to come to you, look at what your NOT doing that you should be doing, ask yourself are you sincere that you seek the help of Allah, if you have any doubts, let go of the doubts and fully believe and trust in Allah have patience and fully believe the help of Allah will come but you have to be sincere that you want this help that you want to turn to Allah because you NEED Allah

Be sincere and have full conviction and faith in Allah and turn to him with all of you (leave your doubts behind)
Reply

Internal
06-18-2016, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by muslimah_B
Well this is your test, Allah only tests those whom he loves

"The greatest reward comes from the greatest trial. When Allaah loves people, He tests them, and whoever accepts it gains the pleasure of Allaah and whoever complains earns His wrath.*
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396;and Ibn Maajah, 4031; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens his punishment in this world, and when He wills bad for His slave, He withholds his sins until he comes with them on the Day of Resurrection." *
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.*

Now do you see that you should be gratefull you are being tested, i remember reading i think a hadeeth or story (i will find it in sha Allah) and the sahabas cried that Allah wasnt testing them !!! Now imagine that we cry when Allah tests us because it becomes to much for us, we hardly can bare some of our tests and then are happy again when we are left alone, we should be sad for ourselves, these hadeeths give us solace that these trials are for our benifit because Allah loves us so much he is trying to purify us of our sins in this life so that we may attain jannah and not be punished, How mercifull is Allah to us !!! Allah is giving us chance after chance, tests after test to make us better maybe we have a high place in jannah but because of all our sins we cannot reach that place yet so we are tested and punished here to absolve us of our sins.

You are being tested right now brother, and Allah is going to shake your faith to the core, why? To see wether the love you claim to have, is it real when under pressure from life when people would just give up, you have to push through this and be strong and remind yourself that you are a muslim and that Allah is your creator and Allah is the most mercifull and sees your pain, He knows your pain, but he is testing you to make sure whatever place you have in jannah (in sha Allah) you get to achieve it by ridding you of your sins here while you still have the chance.


The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Think great of Allah, think Allah is beyond greatness beyond powerfull, think Allah is beyond perfection, think Allah is all powerfull He can do absolutely anything with 0 effort required, remind yourself Allah could punish you right now from your sins, but He is soooo mercifull that He tests you to RID your sins.. how beautiful, beyond beautiful is our Rabb !!!
Whenever you think of those kufr thoughts even when it creeps in remind yourself of this ^^^

You brother have an amazing opportunity to turn this all around and be a strong believer, when people go through very hard trials they come out on top a stronger believer than before, because they learn to appreciate eveything Allah does and even get wisdom behind the trial they was afflicted with, when you get through this, which you will, in time you will be able to look back and say "thats why Allah tested me with that trial Alhamdulilah i learnt such and such from it"

Just remember if you are not doing anything for Allah, why should Allah help you, if you turn your back on Allah, Allah will not help you
If you want the help of Allah to come to you, look at what your NOT doing that you should be doing, ask yourself are you sincere that you seek the help of Allah, if you have any doubts, let go of the doubts and fully believe and trust in Allah have patience and fully believe the help of Allah will come but you have to be sincere that you want this help that you want to turn to Allah because you NEED Allah

Be sincere and have full conviction and faith in Allah and turn to him with all of you (leave your doubts behind)
I guess that step one getting full conviction and getting rid of the doubts then I can improve myself and get closer to Allah.
Reply

muslimah_B
06-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
I guess that step one getting full conviction and getting rid of the doubts then I can improve myself and get closer to Allah.
Originally Posted by Internal
I guess that step one getting full conviction and getting rid of the doubts then I can improve myself and get closer to Allah.
Yes, focus on that for the moment and rid your doubts and watch lectures about death and the day of judgement it will help bring fear into your heart for a more rapid change to worship Allah better.

Here are some that helped me

https://youtu.be/oD5_CqavkCQ

https://youtu.be/spUn9mp0Ck8

https://youtu.be/f7EnGtKY3tc

https://youtu.be/5pyZkY93B2A

https://youtu.be/zMF3kF4ZRHk

https://youtu.be/tNWsKOq-mxE

If you want any more videos please let me know and il post more

Have faith and be strong brother
Reply

Internal
06-19-2016, 05:08 AM
Things got a lot harder for me when trying to improve myself It is really taking me down hill especially with what I think in my mind. Really it always changes first it goes from one hateful thing to another and then round and round again. Like when I tackle 1 problem another one appears.

Well this is what is happening and I am still trying to keep consistent with everything. I guess I am still very far away from passing this issue. I'll try and strengthen my faith and have more hope in Allah SWT I just don't want to be a munafiq

I still sound like a broken record
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
06-20-2016, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
Things got a lot harder for me when trying to improve myself It is really taking me down hill especially with what I think in my mind. Really it always changes first it goes from one hateful thing to another and then round and round again. Like when I tackle 1 problem another one appears.

Well this is what is happening and I am still trying to keep consistent with everything. I guess I am still very far away from passing this issue. I'll try and strengthen my faith and have more hope in Allah SWT I just don't want to be a munafiq

I still sound like a broken record
Asalaamu Alaikum,

My brother the following thread is devoted to overcoming waswas. So please read everything it contains and make much Dua to Allah and by his will you will fight waswas much better than before inshaAllah:

How to Overcome waswas in worship

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...s-worship.html

I hope this helps. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask.
Reply

Internal
06-26-2016, 02:34 AM
This is still a problem and everything seems to have become worse for me. I try everything but I'm still losing it. I'm calling myself an atheist a Kafir and these thoughts have taken control over me. I have hateful thoughts about Islam and don't even have conviction yet I still make charity and pray and make dua. But now I wonder is this supposed to happen is this what I deserve I am forced to live a nightmare and wonder if my life is supposed to be comedic I just dont know what to do
Reply

najimuddin
06-26-2016, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
This is still a problem and everything seems to have become worse for me. I try everything but I'm still losing it. I'm calling myself an atheist a Kafir and these thoughts have taken control over me. I have hateful thoughts about Islam and don't even have conviction yet I still make charity and pray and make dua. But now I wonder is this supposed to happen is this what I deserve I am forced to live a nightmare and wonder if my life is supposed to be comedic I just dont know what to do
:sl:

Life can be difficult. Don't give up. Stick around here. We have good people who genuinely care. You're not alone.
Reply

najimuddin
06-26-2016, 02:58 AM
@Internal

I wasn't sure if you have already seen this hadith. It directly relates to your situation.

Abu Hurairah (:ra:) said:

His (:saws:) companion came to him and said; "Messenger of Allah! We have thoughts which we cannot dare talk about and we do not like that we have them or talk about them." He (:saws:) said: "Have you experienced that?" They replied: "Yes." He (:saws:) said: "That is clear faith."

Source: Sunan Abu Dawud
Reply

Internal
06-26-2016, 04:51 AM
I mean i understand the hadith but does it really apply to me? I know my heart has accepted evil and this kufr making me a hypocrite. Who doubt Allah to this extent having my heart waver when I say anything like i don't believe. I understand that I want knowledge but it isn't easy to self teach I just need a teacher. I say thing like Islam is just a religion created by man when it's not. I am literally becoming suicidal. I make constant zikr and dua I just don't want hell but I know if I die I die as a munafiq. I just want faith in my heart
Reply

Internal
06-26-2016, 05:11 AM
Honestly I can even cry no more like I just dont care
.... it hurts
Reply

najimuddin
06-26-2016, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
I just want faith in my heart
You do have faith in your heart. If you didn't then you wouldn't feel this way. Shaitan would have nothing to work with. Thus, the hadith does apply to you.

Originally Posted by Internal
Honestly I can even cry no more like I just dont care
.... it hurts
If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here talking about this because it wouldn't hurt. The issue here is the credence you give to these thoughts. In the hadith, those Companions were worried about similar thoughts that they felt were too bad to mention. Rasulullah :saws: assured them that these thoughts were occurring due to the clear Iman they had.

In light of this, our senior scholars, such as Shaikh Shah Abdul Hamid Ishaaq who is the Prinicpal of Darul Uloom Azaadville in South Africa have stated in regards to this:

Pay no attention to the whispers of Shaytaan.
He who worries about it falls prey to more.
Ignoring it is the way to repel it.

I guarantee that he knows what he's talking about.
Reply

Internal
06-26-2016, 09:50 AM
It's hard to ignore because I feel like I accept it and that is why I try to fight back.

I know Islam is one and only true religion I have seen it with my own eyes the power of allah and how everything goes his way.

No one can replicate the Quran and I'm not just saying that I see all the signs happening indicating the end I have seen how there are scientific facts in it and people are still taking info from the Quran no one could have written that except Allah.

I just hate it when I take these thoughts and accept them I always say I believe because I do. These thoughts are stupid and my lack of knowledge causes more problems and self teaching isn't going to cut it for me i need a proper teacher.

Again everything has to been created by something and we have been created by allah. The world is not random and it follows rules set by Allah.

I understand and accept it as the truth but this waswas is messing me up. I just need to learn Islam properly.
Reply

'abd al-hakeem
06-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Internal
I just need to learn Islam properly.
...don't we all...

May Allah subhano wa ta'ala grant us all increases in knowledge and appreciation, amin.

May Allah subhano wa Ta'ala grant Right Guidance to you, me, the Ummah and all believing men, women, children and jinn. Amin ya Rabbil alamin.

The scholars have all shared wonderful pieces of Truth with you that will, invariably, aide and guide you on your path. But what is hard to relate, is actually how to implement it when you are riding the rough patch. As one who is currently negotiating his own oscillating path through life, perhaps the most valuable thing I can share is this - find auto-pilot...

By this I mean a state where, if all else fails, you simply revert to the very basics of what you understand and believe to true and correct - and stick to it. At the very least maintain your 5 daily prayers with the presence of mind that if you keep going, insha'allah, it will get better. Just don't let go of the rope.

Whilst you might be 'clutching at straws' in the depths of whatever challenge is before you, try to remember that there are others who are suffering along with you in their own challenges. Should you have all of your limbs, toes and fingers, and other critical organs in working order, perhaps this a place to start venturing out of the darkness of the challenge you currently face.

May Allah subhano wa Ta'ala grant us all Light in the darkness of our challenges, and the ability to gain and receive reflective insights at all times. Amin Ya Rabbil alamin
Reply

muslimah_B
06-26-2016, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
It's hard to ignore because I feel like I accept it and that is why I try to fight back.

I know Islam is one and only true religion I have seen it with my own eyes the power of allah and how everything goes his way.

No one can replicate the Quran and I'm not just saying that I see all the signs happening indicating the end I have seen how there are scientific facts in it and people are still taking info from the Quran no one could have written that except Allah.

I just hate it when I take these thoughts and accept them I always say I believe because I do. These thoughts are stupid and my lack of knowledge causes more problems and self teaching isn't going to cut it for me i need a proper teacher.

Again everything has to been created by something and we have been created by allah. The world is not random and it follows rules set by Allah.

I understand and accept it as the truth but this waswas is messing me up. I just need to learn Islam properly.
It seems like your slowly giving up on yourself, not islam or Allah

Remember what i was telling you to never loose hope, to have firm conviction Allah will get you out of this, have 0 doubt but because you still have doubt about yourself, you havent been able to move foward.

You honestly need to loose the doubt then you can move foward with this situation, any doubt you have in yourself about islam, shaytan will manifest on a larger scale as your experiencing now.

You have to push yourself to let go of these thoughts, your not a athiest or a kufr.. YOU ARE A MUSLIM WHO BELIEVES IN ALLAH, HIS SIGNS, HIS POWER,
ALLAHU AKBAR, LA ILAHA ILALLAH, ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY CREATED ME, CREATED EVERYTHING, I WORSHIP NONE BUT ALLAH, ONLY ALLAH HAS POWER OVER ME, POWER OVER EVERYTHING IN THIS UNIVERSE, ALLAHU AKBAR LA ILAHA ILALLAH
^ repeat that everytime those thoughts come to you, these words are not words of a athiest or a kuff, you still have emaan in your heart hold onto that with everything that you have, i agree with the post above, even if it gets too much, hold onto your prayer and dua that is your lifeline never ever let that go, no matter how bad it gets, even if you dont want to pray, force yourself to or it will become unbearable for you.

You need to Stop giving effort and time to these waswas, the more you think about them, the more they will manifest and effect you and make you doubt yourself even more than you already do, even if your not good at teaching yourself, go on youtube and let scholars give advice to you.

When i was in your position what i done was, i took one subject i loved wasnt islamic, but i found islamic videos on it such as, debating and history, i started constantly watching debates about anything islamic and you know what, it helped so much because it helped to rekindle my love of islam, when someone is insulting or attacking islam you get defensive and want to protect it, while watching the debates it just sparked something inside to get back up and push myself to be better.
With history i love learning about history, so i would watch documentries about the mongals, the rise and fall of islamic empires, it also helpd to make me see how powerful islam is, how beautiful it is

(Find something you enjoy, and then find it in an islamic sense, go slow but keep doing something to remind you of islam and Allah)

Also as for getting a teacher, if there is a masjid near you, then you could attend classes there, and be around other believers which could seriously help you, if that is not an option for you, there are many online classes now some of which are free, some you have to pay for
Reply

greenhill
06-26-2016, 05:08 PM
The thing is you know this. You know you have this tendencies to veer off course so to speak. Like rebelling, like being at the edge of the cliff and hearing a voice telling you to jump! It'll be alright...

The challenge then is to steer your way back. To the reality of things. The mind takes over, and guides the emotions.. hopefully


:peace:

Originally Posted by Internal
Things got a lot harder for me when trying to improve myself It is really taking me down hill especially with what I think in my mind. Really it always changes first it goes from one hateful thing to another and then round and round again. Like when I tackle 1 problem another one appears.

Well this is what is happening and I am still trying to keep consistent with everything. I guess I am still very far away from passing this issue. I'll try and strengthen my faith and have more hope in Allah SWT I just don't want to be a munafiq

I still sound like a broken record
Reply

najimuddin
06-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
...i need a proper teacher.
Is there any way for you to find out if there is an Islamic teacher in your area?
Reply

Internal
06-28-2016, 04:29 PM
I haven't found a teacher yet. I started doubting Allah even more but I kept fighting these thoughts. then I felt nothing I'm my heart when I said stagfrulah Or any other method or praising Allah, I panicked and thought about it too much

I then realised that these were all tricks once finished praying and it felt like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I felt a lot better but I still need to continue since this isn't the end and I can fall again.
Reply

Fazii-Ah
06-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

I suggest you to read
Reply

Internal
06-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Still struggling and losing the fight...
Reply

Umm Abed
06-29-2016, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
Still struggling and losing the fight...
Id just like to tell you to please calm down, you'r not losing the fight. What exactly is going on?

Re-read all the tips and advises from readers.
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
06-29-2016, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
Still struggling and losing the fight...
Asalaamu Alaikum akhee,

I have 3 questions for you:

1. Have you read the whole thread (How to Overcome waswas in worship) I posted to you a week ago which includes very beneificial compilation of articles, tips etc to tackle waswas in worship:

How to Overcome waswas in worship

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...s-worship.html

2. Have you seen a Psychiatrist about your issues? Many cases of extreme waswas have underlying pschological issues which need to be resolved. I would urge you to see one if you havent.

3. Have you seen a Raqi? Many of these issues may have some relation to sihr. I would urge you to see a reputable Raqi if you have not done so already.

I look forward to your answers.

You will found the article below very beneficial:


A man is experiencing waswas (insinuating whispers) from the Shaytan (devil) having to do with Allah, and he is very afraid of that.


Praise be to Allah


The questioner has mentioned this problem and is afraid of its consequences. I say to him, rejoice, for its consequences cannot be anything but good. By means of this waswas, the Shaytan tries to gain control over the believers and shake the sound belief in their hearts, and make them suffer psychological and intellectual anxiety that will affect the purity of their faith and their life, if they are believers.

This is not the first or the last time that the believers have been exposed to this. It will continue so long as there is any believer in this world. The Sahabah/companions of the Prophet (may Allah be pleased with them) also faced this problem. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really suffering from that?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Muslim).

It was narrated in al-Saheehayn, also from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “The Shaytan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created such and such? Who created such and such?’ Until he says, ‘Who created your Lord?!’ If that happens to any of you, let him seek refuge with Allah and put a stop to these thoughts.”

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both) that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said, “I think thoughts to myself, which I would rather be burnt to a cinder than speak of them.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Praise be to Allah, Who has reduced all his [the Shaytan’s] plots to mere whispers.” (Abu Dawood).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Kitab al-Eeman:
“The believer may suffer from the whispers of the Shaytan insinuating thoughts of kufr (disbelief), which may make him feel distressed. The Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them) said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, some of us think thoughts which we would rather fall from heaven to earth than speak of them.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’ According to one report, ‘… thoughts which are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Praise be to Allah, Who has reduced all his [the Shaytan’s] plots to mere whispers,’ meaning that the fact that these whispers come, but they are so greatly disliked, and they are pushed away from the heart, is a clear sign of faith. This is like the mujahid (warrior) to whom the enemy comes, but he resists him until he overwhelms him, and this is a mighty jihad (battle)… Hence the seekers of knowledge and devoted worshippers experience waswas and doubts which others do not face, because they (the others) are not following the way prescribed by Allah, rather they are following their own whims and desires and neglecting to remember their Lord. This is what the Shaytan wants, in contrast to those who are striving to draw closer to their Lord by seeking knowledge and worshipping Him. He is their enemy and seeks to prevent them from drawing closer to Allah.” (p.147 of the Indian edition)

I say to this questioner, if you are faced with this waswas from the Shaytan, then fight it and resist it. Know that it can never harm you when you fulfill the duty of fighting and resisting it, and you refuse to be controlled by it. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Allah will forgive my ummah (followers) for any insinuating whispers that may cross their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.” (Agreed upon).

If it is said to you: Do you believe the insinuating whispers you experience? Do you think that they are true? Do you really think that Allah is like what this waswas says? You would say, “It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory be to You (O Allah)! This is a great lie” [24:16 ]. You would denounce that in your heart and with your tongue, and be the one who objects to it the most, for it is only whispers and thoughts that cross your mind. It is a trap set by the Shaytan, who flows through the son of Adam (peace be upon him) like blood flows, to make you doomed and to confuse you about your religion.

Hence you will find that the Shaytan does not cast doubts or suspicions into your heart about trivial matters. For example, you may hear of the existence of great cities filled with people and buildings in the east and the west, but it would never cross your mind some day to doubt that they exist or to criticize them and say that they are in ruins and unfit for habitation, or that they are uninhabited, and so on. The Shaytan has nothing to gain by making people doubt about these cities. But he does have a lot to gain by corrupting the believer’s faith, so he strives with his cavalry and his infantry to extinguish the light of knowledge and guidance in his heart and to make him fall into the darkness of doubt and confusion. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) has told us of the appropriate remedy for such problems, which is to seek refuge with Allah and put a stop to it. If a person puts a stop to it and continues to worship Allah, seeking and hoping for (the reward) which is with Allah, it will stop by Allah’s leave. So turn away from all the thoughts of this kind that cross your mind. You are worshipping Allah, calling upon Him and glorifying Him, and if you were to hear anyone ascribing to Allah the things that are whispered to you (waswas), you would probably kill him if you could. So the things that are whispered to you are neither real nor true, they are merely imagination and whispers which have no basis.

Our advice may be summed up as follows:

1. Seek refuge with Allah and give up these thoughts completely, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) commanded.

2. Remember Allah and control yourself and do not continue to think of these whispers.

3. Occupy yourself with worship and doing good deeds, in obedience to the command of Allah and seeking to please Him. When you devote yourself completely and seriously to worship, you will forget about these whispers, insha Allah.

4. Frequently seek refuge with Allah and make du’a (supplicate) to free you from these whispers.

I ask Allah to keep you safe and sound, and protect you from all evils.

Majmoo’ Fatawa wa Rasail Fadeelat al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Salih al-‘Uthaymeen, vol. 1, p.57-60

Source:http://www.ruqya-qa.co.uk/whispers/
Reply

'abd al-hakeem
06-29-2016, 04:15 PM
You mods, pundits and scholars also need to learn to read... Instead of berating him for suffering, maybe capitalise on the POSITIVE

Originally Posted by Internal
I then realised that these were all tricks once finished praying and it felt like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I felt a lot better but I still need to continue since this isn't the end and I can fall again.
Keep at it - don't give in. And don't let go of the rope.

Keep pushing yourself to keep moving forward. As long as you maintain this forward motion and acknowledge the small wins, insha'allah, you'll succeed
Reply

Internal
07-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Salaam

Throughout ramadan I have had trouble this worried me greatly. I had such thoughts and evil opinions about my religious and doubts.

However I realised that I allowed evil to take control over my mind and soul. Now I know that I am severely damaged but I have told myself not give up and that i will win inshallah. No matter how much I fall all I need to do is do my basics. I have been running in circles all this time but now I got to put a lot of action to strengthen my faith inshallah.
Reply

Internal
07-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Allah will help me but at the same time I need to fix my act up and instead need to assist people and Learn the quran.
Reply

greenhill
07-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Everyone will face, have faced, is facing their own set of 'demons'.

A 5kg dumbell may be a real struggle for some compared to a 10kg dumbell for a weightlifter. Likewise individual tests and struggles. The harder the test, I feel, the higher the rewards.. I would say fighting waswas ranks as one of the most troublesome.

It is just the mind going crazy. It can. We just HAVE to learn to reign it in, battle by battle..


:peace:
Reply

Umm Abed
07-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
Salaam

Throughout ramadan I have had trouble this worried me greatly. I had such thoughts and evil opinions about my religious and doubts.

However I realised that I allowed evil to take control over my mind and soul. Now I know that I am severely damaged but I have told myself not give up and that i will win inshallah. No matter how much I fall all I need to do is do my basics. I have been running in circles all this time but now I got to put a lot of action to strengthen my faith inshallah.
Wasalam.

Hope you are well.

If you do realize that all the bad thoughts and evil opinions you are having is waswasa then you've won half the battle. The other half to win it is know that Allah knows all your troubles, struggles, difficulties of thoughts and mental capabilities. Therefore you must not pay attention to these thoughts. Allah will not punish you for what you have not brought forth intentionally.

May you be blessed.

Have a happy Eid mubarak.
Reply

Umm Abed
07-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Internal
Allah will help me but at the same time I need to fix my act up and instead need to assist people and Learn the quran.
Alhamdulillah.

Try to read last three surahs of Qur'an morning and evening, and blow on you. Other means to include is to recite ayatul kursi after every salah; in fact, we all should do this. And try to stay in wudhu.
Reply

muslimah_B
07-05-2016, 01:30 AM
https://youtu.be/5pyZkY93B2A
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 12:50 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 09:59 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 12:43 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 06:16 PM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!