/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ameerkam's Questions

ameerkam
11-19-2018, 09:44 PM
Salaam

If someone lost someone close to then and naturally they would be in despair. If they were to visit their grave which they know would make them sad and they do and their sadness may affect other aspects of their day such as motivation to work etc. Would a person deserve to be sad because they chose to do an action which would make them like that. Would it be considered their fault or (Islamically) would it be seen as a more complex situation?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ameerkam
11-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Salaam

I asked my father if he needed any help in the garage and he said he can handle it and that I should worry more about myself. According to Nouman Ali Khan you need to have the best/perfect attitude to your parents due to the use of “ihsaan” and anything below is haraam. If I do not help him even though he said it was alright if I didn’t would it be haraam.

Jazzakallahu Khair

azc
11-20-2018, 06:56 AM
Visiting graves is emphasised sunnah as it reminds us of death

Obedience to parents is praiseworthy.

Concerning your query purity in intention is the point

ameerkam
11-21-2018, 08:11 PM
Salaam

If you are in a situation where your clothes aren’t clean and you have to go to work. But if you get clean clothes and wash yourself you will be late. Would you have to be late for work even though you could get fired or can you go to work and make up the prayer later?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ameerkam
11-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Salaam

With an action a person can have multiple intentions. If a person was doing something and they had two intentions how would they be judged?
For example if a man decided to put on nice clothes for the intention of just wanting to look nice but he also wanted to impress women would the whole action be recorded as bad or would it be recorded as one good deed (for wanting to look nice as Allah likes it when a person looks nice) and one bad deed (because they wanted a woman’s attention.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Supernova
11-22-2018, 12:20 AM
[quote=ameerkam;3003329]Salaam

If someone lost someone close to then and naturally they would be in despair. If they were to visit their grave which they know would make them sad and they do and their sadness may affect other aspects of their day such as motivation to work etc. Would a person deserve to be sad because they chose to do an action which would make them like that. Would it be considered their fault or (Islamically) would it be seen as a more complex situation?

Asalaamualaykum:

In reference to this question and some others you have posted it seems you have a issue with who deserves what in life.

Firstly - Only Allah SWT has the right and complete knowledge to know a persons true intent and what that person "deserves". It is not fitting for a Muslim with limited knowledge to judge who deserves what. In other words Should a person in error or purposefully do Action X and suffers Ramification Y : It is not fitting for us to say the person deserves ramification Y.

Allah SWT is not dependent on the fact that the person does action X to then effect that person with ramification Y, Should Allah SWT want - he can give that ramification Y in his wisdom without the X taking place.

What Im pointing out here is once you start playing that game to whether someone "deserves" something or not - you are effectively heading for shirkh as you are playing God.

These are deep theological questions that can derail you into Kufr without you even being aware of it.

Next point : Nourman Ali Khan : Nourman Ali Khan in one of his talks was asked a question where he clearly explained to the sister that he is not a Faqih. He simply gives Tafseer of the Quran. (This is on You Tube)
What he is pointing out is that in his talks he will give the meaning of an Ayah and what it means in general however the actual Fiqh implications and implementation of that Ayah is actually best understood and applied by a Scholar who's expertise is Fiqh.

This is the very reason why Fiqh and Tafseer is different expertise in Islam hence you get a Mufassir and a Faqhi

You are making the fundamental mistake by thinking that Nourman Ali Khan is giving you a juridic ruling on an issue. This is in reality very far from the truth. He is simply explaining the ayah.

An Ayah in the Quran can have of many meanings : Sometimes its directly related to Aqaaid (Belief) or Fiqh (Jurisprudence) or sometimes just Seera (History)
An Ayah in the Quran can also have 1,2 or all of the above.

When you are listening to Nourman Ali Khan - you must understand that Nourman Ali Khan will explain the Ayah according to the topic he is discussing or he might explain it being time constraint. In other words - Example: An Ayah might have two main points (Aqeeda and Seera) - However Nourman Ali Khan might only explain one angle due to his topic thereby eliminating the other part totally.

This will apply to other Commentators of the Quran whereby their commentary will lean towards either Fiqh or Aqeeda or Seera or maybe 2 of the 3. Classics like Ibn Khatheer and others do a classic Tafseer and basically discuss the entire issue even going into linguistics Etc.

Its good that you listening to talks but just remember

1. Nourman Ali Khan is not an expert in Fiqh (He admits it and even warns people about it and suggests they see a expert in that)

2. Nourman Ali Khan most of the time only explains an Ayah according to his topic and although he might have knowledge of the other issues - he will totally omit it with reason.

azc
11-22-2018, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam

If you are in a situation where your clothes aren’t clean and you have to go to work. But if you get clean clothes and wash yourself you will be late. Would you have to be late for work even though you could get fired or can you go to work and make up the prayer later?

Jazzakallahu Khair
:wa:
borrow clothes from others then:
pray and go for work.

Clean your ONLY clothes later

azc
11-22-2018, 02:00 AM
Salaam

With an action a person can have multiple intentions. If a person was doing something and they had two intentions how would they be judged?
For example if a man decided to put on nice clothes for the intention of just wanting to look nice but he also wanted to impress women would the whole action be recorded as bad or would it be recorded as one good deed (for wanting to look nice as Allah likes it when a person looks nice) and one bad deed (because they wanted a woman’s attention.

Jazzakallahu Khair
it's 'one' intention i.e. Want to 'look nice' for getting 'attention of women.'

ameerkam
01-22-2019, 11:50 PM
Assalamualaikum

If a person committed a sin and knew it but didn’t know if it was kufr would they still be taken out of Islam?

Jazzakallahu Khair

ameerkam
01-23-2019, 09:28 PM
Assalamualaikum

"None of you should long for death, for if he is a good man, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil-doer, he may stop the evil deeds and repent." (Sahih Bukhari 9:90:341)

Does this mean a person isn’t allowed to have suicidal thoughts? What if they are depressed or have a lot of troubles in life as sometimes that can happen? Or was this hadith meant to be a recommendation rather than a ruling?

Jazzakallahu Khair

ameerkam
01-25-2019, 08:06 PM
Assalamualaikum

This question is better suited to a scholar as it is quite complex however I do not know any so if you could kindly try and perhaps send this to one and get back to me it would be greatly appreciated.

The question I have comes from Yakub (AS) and how when he was crying he said his sorrow is only to Allah. And that he complained to Allah first before himself so his sadness wouldn’t increase. Does this mean that if a person is going through a personal crisis (depression, loss) and they feel just generally unhappy is that sadness impermissible? Or that it is deserved? For example, a father that has lost his son may look at pictures of him which make him more sad, would that be impermissible or deserved because he put himself in that situation? Also in a Surah, Allah has told the Muslims who had lost a battle to not beat themselves up with sadness. Does this mean that if a person makes himself more sad (while they are in a bad frame of mind like in loss or depression) they are doing something impermissible? It’s hard for me to wrap my head around it because I have depression and when I was in a worse state in the past I would be unmotivated to do much to alleviate it so does that mean I deserved to be like that?

Jazzakallahu Khair

ameerkam
01-26-2019, 02:54 PM
Assalamualaikum

“Give glad tidings, and do not scare people away. Make things easy, and do not make things difficult” (Abu Dawud).

Was this meant as compulsory or recommended? What if someone is in a bad state and it’s difficult for them to show happiness (e.g if a person has suffered a loss and they are not cheerful because of that)

Jazzakallahu Khair

ameerkam
01-26-2019, 03:01 PM
Assalamualaikum

There was a Hadith that said a man should not show hatred to a woman because for whatever bad characteristic there is he is reminded of a good characteristic. Does this still apply when things such as abuse happen? Also, is this a ruling so if you are wronged by a woman you are not allowed to be upset? Or a reccomendation? Because I have suffered emotional abuse from my mother in the past so is it haraam for me to feel angry at her for that?

Jazzakallahu Khair

ameerkam
01-27-2019, 01:55 PM
Assalamualaikum

“Give glad tidings, and do not scare people away. Make things easy, and do not make things difficult” (Abu Dawud).

What if you need to give bad news and tell people about problems in the world or in general? Or if you want to say how you feel about something?

Also, was this Hadith meant as a recommendation or a ruling?

Could someone give an analysis of this Hadith please?

Jazzakallahu Khair

ameerkam
01-29-2019, 08:14 PM
Assalamualaikum

I live in the UK where you see evil everywhere even with Muslims. Am I meant to go up to every Muslim woman wearing skinny jeans that I see outside or something like that every time I go out? To Muslims living in non Muslim countries like U.K./US how is this dealt with?

Jazzakallahu Khair

ameerkam
04-09-2019, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
it's 'one' intention i.e. Want to 'look nice' for getting 'attention of women.'
Islamic-ally is this what is said or are you explaining from your own logic? Just being sure.

ameerkam
04-09-2019, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Supernova;3003410]
Salaam

Asalaamualaykum:

In reference to this question and some others you have posted it seems you have a issue with who deserves what in life.

Firstly - Only Allah SWT has the right and complete knowledge to know a persons true intent and what that person "deserves". It is not fitting for a Muslim with limited knowledge to judge who deserves what. In other words Should a person in error or purposefully do Action X and suffers Ramification Y : It is not fitting for us to say the person deserves ramification Y.

Allah SWT is not dependent on the fact that the person does action X to then effect that person with ramification Y, Should Allah SWT want - he can give that ramification Y in his wisdom without the X taking place.

What Im pointing out here is once you start playing that game to whether someone "deserves" something or not - you are effectively heading for shirkh as you are playing God.

These are deep theological questions that can derail you into Kufr without you even being aware of it.

Next point : Nourman Ali Khan : Nourman Ali Khan in one of his talks was asked a question where he clearly explained to the sister that he is not a Faqih. He simply gives Tafseer of the Quran. (This is on You Tube)
What he is pointing out is that in his talks he will give the meaning of an Ayah and what it means in general however the actual Fiqh implications and implementation of that Ayah is actually best understood and applied by a Scholar who's expertise is Fiqh.

This is the very reason why Fiqh and Tafseer is different expertise in Islam hence you get a Mufassir and a Faqhi

You are making the fundamental mistake by thinking that Nourman Ali Khan is giving you a juridic ruling on an issue. This is in reality very far from the truth. He is simply explaining the ayah.

An Ayah in the Quran can have of many meanings : Sometimes its directly related to Aqaaid (Belief) or Fiqh (Jurisprudence) or sometimes just Seera (History)
An Ayah in the Quran can also have 1,2 or all of the above.

When you are listening to Nourman Ali Khan - you must understand that Nourman Ali Khan will explain the Ayah according to the topic he is discussing or he might explain it being time constraint. In other words - Example: An Ayah might have two main points (Aqeeda and Seera) - However Nourman Ali Khan might only explain one angle due to his topic thereby eliminating the other part totally.

This will apply to other Commentators of the Quran whereby their commentary will lean towards either Fiqh or Aqeeda or Seera or maybe 2 of the 3. Classics like Ibn Khatheer and others do a classic Tafseer and basically discuss the entire issue even going into linguistics Etc.

Its good that you listening to talks but just remember

1. Nourman Ali Khan is not an expert in Fiqh (He admits it and even warns people about it and suggests they see a expert in that)

2. Nourman Ali Khan most of the time only explains an Ayah according to his topic and although he might have knowledge of the other issues - he will totally omit it with reason.
Thank you, I really appreciate this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.