/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duas

'Abdullah
11-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Dua means act of supplication. It is calling out to God; it is a conversation with God, our Creator, our Lord, the All Knowing, and the All Powerful. Dua is uplifting, empowering, liberating and transforming and it is one of the most powerful and effective act of worship a human being can engage in. Dua has been called the weapon of the believer. It affirms a person’s belief in One God and it shuns all forms of idolatry or polytheism. Dua is essentially submission to God and a manifestation of a person’s need for God. Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran:
When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me.[Quran, 2:186].
So with this verse, we can say that Allah Almighty listens to us when we make Dua. We should always seek help from Allah. Below are some hadiths of our loved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) regarding dua:
The most excellent worship is Dua. [Sahih Al-Jami` # 1133]
Nothing is more honourable to Allah the Most High than Dua. [Sahih al-Jami` # 5268]
The supplication of every one of you will be granted if he does not get impatient and say, `I supplicated my Lord but my prayer has not been granted’.[Sahih Bukhari & Muslim]
Abu Huraryah (Allah be well pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said:
The closest a slave is to his Lord is while he is in a state of prostration, so increase you supplications [therein]. [Muslim, Abu Dawud, Nasa`i, Ahmad]
The renowned Islamic scholar Imam Ibn al-Qayyim described dua in the following way. He said:
The Dua and prayers for seeking refuge with God are like a weapon, and a weapon is only as good as the person who is using it; it is not merely the matter of how sharp it is. If the weapon is perfect and free of faults, and the arm of the person using it is strong, and there is nothing stopping him, then he can lay waste to the enemy. But if any of these three features is lacking, then the effect will be lacking accordingly.
In this thread I will try to share one dua hopefully everyday (Insha'Allah). But to start I think it is best to first memorize duas recommended for our day to day activities such as before going to sleep, after awakening from sleep, before entering the toilet, after leaving the toilet, before making wadu, after completion of wadu, before leaving the house etc. In short, there are a variety of activities that a person undertakes in the daily routine. No matter whichever activity is undertaken, it is imperative that the help and blessings of Allah Almighty be asked for it and if there is a proper Dua available for it, then it must be memorized and recited while performing the activity.

Below is a link to an app which has several duas for daily activities, as well as some morning and afternoon azkar, duas after completion of Salah, duas one may need during hajj and Umra and 40 duas from quranic verses. This is a highly recommended app for anyone who want to live every moment of their life in remembrance of Allah Suhanahu Wa Taala:
https://www.appsapk.com/islamic-dua-...s-for-muslims/
Below is another link for the 40 Duas from Quran. These are probably the same one you will find in the app I mentioned before:
https://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/rabbana.html
I will start posting some other duas I normally make during Sajood. Please share your duas as well if possible with a source from Quran and hadith.

Ma'a Salama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
11-20-2019, 10:28 PM
DUA FOR GOODNESS OF BOTH WORLDS (MOST FREQUENTLY MADE DUA BY PROPHET PEACE BE UPON HIM)
وعن أنس رضي الله عنه، قال‏:‏ كان أكثر دعاء النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم‏:‏ ‏ "‏اللهم آتنا في الدنيا حسنة، وفي الآخرة حسنة، وقنا عذاب النار‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
زاد مسلم في روايته قال‏:‏ وكان أنس إذا أراد أن يدعو بدعوة دعا بها، وإذا أراد أن يدعو بدعاء دعا بها فيه‏.

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The supplication most often recited by the Prophet (ﷺ) was: "Allahumma atina fid-dunya hasanatan, wa fil-akhirati hasanatan, wa qina 'adhab-annar (O our Rubb! give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the punishment of the Fire).[Muslim & Bukhari]
From this hadith we learn that dua which prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him make most often is:

‏اللهم آتنا في الدنيا حسنة، وفي الآخرة حسنة، وقنا عذاب النار

Pronunciation: Allahumma atina fid-dunya hasanatan, wa fil-akhirati hasanatan, wa qina 'adhab-annar

Translation Allah, provide us with good things in this world. O Allah, provide us with good things in the Next Life. O Allah, save us from the torments of fire.

This dua is also found in [Quran 2:201]. The only difference is that wordرَبَّنَا ‏ is replaced with اللهم . Most duas in Quran start with رَبَّنَا while most duas of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him start with اللهم because he used to call Allah with the best of His names which is Allah.

While doing Tawaf during hajj or Umra, it was sunnah of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him to make this dua between Rukn-e-Yamani to Hajar Al Aswad.
This shows the importance of this dua and the reason why I choose to share this dua as the first one on this thread. May Allah help us include this dua in our sajood during every prayer! Ameen!

'Abdullah
11-20-2019, 11:25 PM
SAYYIDUL ISTIGHFAR DUA (DUA FOR FORGIVENESS)
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مَعْمَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَارِثِ، حَدَّثَنَا الْحُسَيْنُ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ بُشَيْرِ بْنِ كَعْبٍ الْعَدَوِيِّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي شَدَّادُ بْنُ أَوْسٍ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ سَيِّدُ الاِسْتِغْفَارِ أَنْ تَقُولَ اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي، لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَىَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي، فَاغْفِرْ لِي، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَمَنْ قَالَهَا مِنَ النَّهَارِ مُوقِنًا بِهَا، فَمَاتَ مِنْ يَوْمِهِ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُمْسِيَ، فَهُوَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ، وَمَنْ قَالَهَا مِنَ اللَّيْلِ وَهْوَ مُوقِنٌ بِهَا، فَمَاتَ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُصْبِحَ، فَهْوَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ ‏"‏‏.

Narrated Shaddad bin Aus:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: 'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana `Abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, A`udhu bika min Sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u Laka bini`matika `alaiya, wa abu'u laka bidhanbi faghfir lee fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta." The Prophet (ﷺ) added. "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 6306
In-book reference : Book 80, Hadith 3
This dua has also been reported by At-Tirmidhi; 3393, An-Nasa’i; 5522, Ahmad; 16662

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي، لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَىَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي، فَاغْفِرْ لِي، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ

Pronunciation: Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana `Abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, A`udhu bika min Sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u Laka bini`matika `alaiya, wa abu'u laka bidhanbi faghfir lee fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta.
Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana `Abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, A`udhu bika min Sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u Laka bini`matika `alaiya, wa abu'u laka bidhanbi faghfir lee fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta.
Video Clip for Pronunciation help:
Translation: O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You
Benefit: If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise.

Ma'a Salama

'Abdullah
11-21-2019, 03:31 PM
DUA FOR STEADFAST HEART
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُوسَى الأَنْصَارِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا مُعَاذُ بْنُ مُعَاذٍ، عَنْ أَبِي كَعْبٍ، صَاحِبِ الْحَرِيرِ حَدَّثَنِي شَهْرُ بْنُ حَوْشَبٍ، قَالَ قُلْتُ لأُمِّ سَلَمَةَ يَا أُمَّ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ مَا كَانَ أَكْثَرُ دُعَاءِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِذَا كَانَ عِنْدَكِ قَالَتْ كَانَ أَكْثَرُ دُعَائِهِ ‏”‏ يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِينِكَ ‏”‏ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ قُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ مَا لأَكْثَرِ دُعَائِكَ يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِينِكَ قَالَ ‏”‏ يَا أُمَّ سَلَمَةَ إِنَّهُ لَيْسَ آدَمِيٌّ إِلاَّ وَقَلْبُهُ بَيْنَ أُصْبُعَيْنِ مِنْ أَصَابِعِ اللَّهِ فَمَنْ شَاءَ أَقَامَ وَمَنْ شَاءَ أَزَاغَ ‏”‏ ‏.‏ فَتَلاَ مُعَاذٌ ‏:‏ ‏(‏ ربَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا ‏)‏ قَالَ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنْ عَائِشَةَ وَالنَّوَّاسِ بْنِ سَمْعَانَ وَأَنَسٍ وَجَابِرٍ وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو وَنُعَيْمِ بْنِ هَمَّارٍ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَهَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ ‏.‏

Shahr bin Hawshab said:
“I said to Umm Salamah: ‘O Mother of the Believers! What was the supplication that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said most frequently when he was with you?” She said: ‘The supplication he said most frequently was: “O Changer of the hearts, make my heart firm upon Your religion (Ya Muqallibal-qulub, thabbit qalbi `ala dinik).’” She said: ‘So I said: “O Messenger of Allah, why do you supplicate so frequently: ‘O Changer of the hearts, make my heart firm upon Your religion.’ He said: ‘O Umm Salamah! Verily, there is no human being except that his heart is between Two Fingers of the Fingers of Allah, so whomsoever He wills He makes steadfast, and whomever He wills He causes to deviate.’”
Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3522.
Book 48, Hadith 153
[Authenticated by al-Albanee in al-Jaam’i as-Sagheer 1323/7988]
يَامُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوْبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِىْ عَلَى دِيْنِكَ
Pronunciation:Ya Muqallibal-qulub, thabbit qalbi `ala dinik
Translation:
O Allah! The One who turns the hearts, make my heart steadfast and firm upon Your Deen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
11-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Dua for right guidance, safeguard against evils, chastity and freedom from want (Key to happiness in both worlds)
وعن ابن مسعود، رضي الله عنه، أن النبي، صلى الله عليه وسلم، كان يقول‏:‏ ‏ "‏اللهم إني أسألك الهدى، والتقى، والعفاف، والغنى‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه مسلم‏)‏‏)‏‏.

'abdullah bin mas'ud (may allah be pleased with him) reported:
The prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "allahumma inni as'alukal-huda, wat-tuqa, wal-'afafa, wal-ghina (o allah! I beseech you for guidance, piety, chastity and contentment)."

reference : Sahih muslim 2721 a
in-book reference : Book 48, hadith 97
اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّىْ اَسْئَلُكَ الْهُدَى وَ التُّقَى وَ الْعَفَافَ وَ الْغِنَى

Pronunciation:​ A
llahumma inni as'alukal-huda, wat-tuqa, wal-'afafa, wal-ghina
Translation: O Allah. I beg of Thee the right guidance, safeguard against evils, chastity and freedom from want.
Benefit & commentary:
Imam as-Sa’di (d. 1376H) – rahimahullah – said in Bahjatul Qulubul-Abrar (p. 198):
This du’a (supplication) is from the most comprehensive and beneficial du’a, since it includes asking Allah for well-being with regards to both the Religion and the World.
Imam as-Sa’di – rahimahullah, further said:
Al-huda (the Guidance) is beneficial knowledge, and at-tuqa (i.e. taqwa or piety) is righteous actions and leaving-off what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden; and this is (asking) for correctness and well-being of a person’s Religion.
For indeed, the Religion comprises of beneficial knowledge and recognising the truth – which is guidance – and standing firm upon obedience to Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) – and this is piety.
And al-‘afafa (well-being and safety) and al-ghina (contentment and sufficiency) comprises of being safe from (the harms of) the creation and that the heart is not attached to them.

So whosoever is granted the provision of guidance, piety, well-being and contentment has indeed achieved true happiness, and has acquired all that could be possibly sought after, as well as being saved from all that is dreadful and frightening. True happiness also comprises of being contended with Allah and what He provides, and seeking whatever will cause the heart to be satisfied with Him. So with this, happiness in this worldly life is completed, and the heart tastes true sweetness and delight – and this is a goodly life.So whosoever is granted the provision of guidance, piety, well-being and contentment has indeed achieved true happiness, and has acquired all that could be possibly sought after, as well as being saved from all that is dreadful and frightening. [From The Introduction to al-Khushu fis-Salat of Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali. Also see Bahjatul Qaloob al-Abraar 185]
Chastity
Shaykh Uthaymeen -Rahimahullaah- said:
As for chastity then it is being free from that which is not permissible, being fortified from the cravings of the Duniya, so al-Ifafa with all its types means being chaste from all types of Zina (evil sexual sins): the Zina of sight, Zina of touching, Zina of listening and Zina of the private parts.
[Sharh Riyadh as-Saliheen 4/58]
Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim -Rahimahullaah- said:
The chaste person has sweetness on their face, have kindness and friendship in their heart, whoever sits with them finds them to be friendly. As for the one who commits Zina then his face is overwhelmed with gloom and strangeness, who sits with him finds him to be peculiar and feels strangeness from him. [Rowdat al-Muhibbeen 1/361]

'Abdullah
11-22-2019, 08:21 PM
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَإِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ، - وَاللَّفْظُ لاِبْنِ نُمَيْرٍ - قَالَ إِسْحَاقُ أَخْبَرَنَا وَقَالَ الآَخَرَانِ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنْ عَاصِمٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْحَارِثِ، وَعَنْ أَبِي عُثْمَانَ النَّهْدِيِّ، عَنْ زَيْدِ بْنِ أَرْقَمَ، قَالَ لاَ أَقُولُ لَكُمْ إِلاَّ كَمَا كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ كَانَ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَالْهَرَمِ وَعَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ اللَّهُمَّ آتِ نَفْسِي تَقْوَاهَا وَزَكِّهَا أَنْتَ خَيْرُ مَنْ زَكَّاهَا أَنْتَ وَلِيُّهَا وَمَوْلاَهَا اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ لاَ يَنْفَعُ وَمِنْ قَلْبٍ لاَ يَخْشَعُ وَمِنْ نَفْسٍ لاَ تَشْبَعُ وَمِنْ دَعْوَةٍ لاَ يُسْتَجَابُ لَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.

Zaid b. Alqam reported:
I am not going to say anything but only that which Allah's Messenger (may peace be upgn him) used to say. He used to supplicate:" O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from incapacity, from sloth, from cowardice, from miserliness, decrepitude and from torment of the grave. O Allah, grant to my soul the sense of righteousness and purify it, for Thou art the Best Purifier thereof. Thou art the Protecting Friend thereof, and Guardian thereof. O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the knowledge which does not benefit, from the heart that does not entertain the fear (of Allah), from the soul that does not feel contented and the supplication that is not responded."

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2722
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 99

Also reported by Ahmad (4/3710), At-Tirmdhi (3572) & An-Nasa'i (5458)
We can break this dua into three parts:
Dua:
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَالْهَرَمِ وَعَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ
اللَّهُمَّ آتِ نَفْسِي تَقْوَاهَا وَزَكِّهَا أَنْتَ خَيْرُ مَنْ زَكَّاهَا أَنْتَ وَلِيُّهَا وَمَوْلاَهَا
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ لاَ يَنْفَعُ وَمِنْ قَلْبٍ لاَ يَخْشَعُ وَمِنْ نَفْسٍ لاَ تَشْبَعُ وَمِنْ دَعْوَةٍ لاَ يُسْتَجَابُ لَهَا
Pronunciation:
Allaahumma innee a`oodhu bika minal-`ajzi wal-kasali wal-jubni wal-bukhli wal-harami wa `adhaabil-qabr.
Allaahumma Aati nafsee taqwaahaa, wa zakkihaa, Anta khayru man zakkaahaa, Anta Waliyyuhaa wa Mawlaahaa.
Allaahummaa innee a`oodhu bika min `ilmin laa yanfa`u, wa min qalbin laa yakh-sha`u, wa min nafsin laa tashba`u, wa min da`watin laa yustajaabu lahaa.
Translation:
O Allaah! I seek your refuge from incapacity, laziness, cowardice, miserliness, decrepit old age, and punishment of the grave.
O Allaah! Grant my soul its dutifulness (taqwaa), and purify it, You are the One to purify it: You are its Guardian and its Lord.
O Allaah! I seek Your refuge from knowledge that does not benefit, and from a heart that is not humble, and from a soul that is never satisfied, and from a supplication that is not answered.

'Abdullah
11-25-2019, 11:47 PM
ABU BAKR'S (RA) DUA FOR FORGIVENESS
Abu Bakr reported that he said to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ):
Teach me a supplication which I should recite in my prayer. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Recite:" O Allah, I have done great wrong to myself." According to Qutaiba (the words were: ) much (wrong) -there is none to forgive the sins but Thou only, say:" Grant me pardon from Thyself, have mercy upon me for Thou art much Forgiving and Compassionate."

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا لَيْثٌ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ رُمْحٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ يَزِيدَ بْنِ أَبِي حَبِيبٍ، عَنْ أَبِي الْخَيْرِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو، عَنْ أَبِي بَكْرٍ، أَنَّهُ قَالَ لِرَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلِّمْنِي دُعَاءً أَدْعُو بِهِ فِي صَلاَتِي قَالَ ‏ "‏ قُلِ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي ظُلْمًا كَبِيرًا - وَقَالَ قُتَيْبَةُ كَثِيرًا - وَلاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ فَاغْفِرْ لِي مَغْفِرَةً مِنْ عِنْدِكَ وَارْحَمْنِي إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih Muslim 2705 a
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 63
This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of 'Amr b. al-'As that Abu Bakr Siddiq said to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) Allah's Messenger, teach me a supplication which I should make in my prayer and in my house. The rest of the hadith is the same except with this variation that he said:
Much wrong (Zulman Kathira).

وَحَدَّثَنِيهِ أَبُو الطَّاهِرِ، أَخْبَرَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي رَجُلٌ، سَمَّاهُ وَعَمْرُو بْنُ الْحَارِثِ عَنْ يَزِيدَ بْنَ أَبِي حَبِيبٍ، عَنْ أَبِي الْخَيْرِ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرِو بْنِ الْعَاصِ، يَقُولُ إِنَّ أَبَا بَكْرٍ الصِّدِّيقَ قَالَ لِرَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلِّمْنِي يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ دُعَاءً أَدْعُو بِهِ فِي صَلاَتِي وَفِي بَيْتِي ‏.‏ ثُمَّ ذَكَرَ بِمِثْلِ حَدِيثِ اللَّيْثِ غَيْرَ أَنَّهُ قَالَ ‏ "‏ ظُلْمًا كَثِيرًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih Muslim 2705 b
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 64
From the two hadith mentioned above, we learn following dua:

Dua:
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي ظُلْمًا كَبِيرًا (كَثِيرًا) - وَلاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ فَاغْفِرْ لِي مَغْفِرَةً مِنْ عِنْدِكَ وَارْحَمْنِي إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ

Pronunciation:
Allahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman kathiran (kabiran) wala yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa anta, Faghfirli maghfiratan min indika war-hamni, innaka antalGhafur-Rahim
Translation:
O Allah, I have done great (much) wrong to myself - there is none to forgive the sins but Thou only. Grant me pardon from Yourself, have mercy upon me for You are much Forgiving and Compassionate.

'Abdullah
11-27-2019, 10:17 PM
اللَّهُمَّ أَعِنِّي عَلَى ذِكْرِكَ، وَشُكْرِكَ، وَحُسْنِ عِبَادَتِكَ

Pronunciation: Allahumma a’inni ala dhikrika, wa shukrika, wa husni ‘ibadatika
Translation: O Allah, help me remember You, to be grateful to You, and to worship You in an excellent manner
Source: Abu Dawud and An-Nasa’i

'Abdullah
11-28-2019, 05:22 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي عَبْدُكَ وَابْنُ عَبْدِكَ وَابْنُ أَمَتِكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَدِكَ مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤُكَ أَسْأَلُكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أَوْ عَلَّمْتَهُ أَحَدًا مِنْ خَلْقِكَ أَوْ أَنْزَلْتَهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ أَوْ اسْتَأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الْغَيْبِ عِنْدَكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ الْقُرْآنَ رَبِيعَ قَلْبِي وَنُورَ صَدْرِي وَجِلَاءَ حُزْنِي وَذَهَابَ هَمِّي

‘Allaahumma ‘innee ‘abduka, ibnu ‘abdika, ibnu ‘amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadhaa’uka, ‘as’aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, ‘aw ‘anzaltahu fee kitaabika, ‘aw ‘allamtahu ‘ahadan min khalqika, ‘awista’tharta bihi fee ‘ilmil-ghaybi ‘indaka, ‘an taj’alal-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa’a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee

O God! I am Your servant, the son of Your male servant and maid servant. My forehead is in Your hands. Your commands are implemented on me. Your decision about me is correct. By means of every name of Yours by which You have called Yourself or revealed in Your Book or taught to any of Your creations or adopted in knowledge specific to You, I request You to make the Qur'an the season of spring for my heart, the radiance of my chest, the remedy of my sorrow and the solution of my difficulties.
Source: Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Musnad, vol. 1, Hadith #391. On the authority of'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (ra).

The Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him) said:

“There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says (the above), but Allah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.” He was asked: “O Messenger of Allah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it should learn it.”

'Abdullah
12-03-2019, 09:34 PM
اللَّهُمَّ مُصَرِّفَ الْقُلُوبِ صَرِّفْ قُلُوبَنَا عَلَى طَاعَتِكَ‏
Pronunciation: Allahumma Musarrifal qulubi, sarrif qulubana ‘ala ta’atik ‏
Translation:
O Allah, the Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to your obedience

Source: Sahih Muslim, hadith 2655; In-book reference: Book 46, Hadith 29

taha_
12-04-2019, 08:08 AM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

Some duas

"O Allah grant us goodness in this world and goodness in Hereafter and protect us from punishment of Hellfire" This was mentioned in Quran 2:201

"My Lord, grant me authority and join me with the righteous. And grant me a reputation of honor among later generations. And place me among the inheritors of Garden of Pleasure." 26:83-85

"Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people." 2:286

"Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves! If You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers" 7:23

"Our Lord! In You we put our trust. and to You we turn repentant, and to You is the return." 60:4

"There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers." 21:87

"Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower. Our Lord, surely You will gather the people for a Day about which there is no doubt. Indeed, Allah does not fail in His promise." Surah imran 8 to 9

JazakAllah khair

'Abdullah
12-04-2019, 10:54 PM
Al-Bara' bin `Azib narrated that:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said to him: “Should I not teach you some words to say when you go to your bed, so if you died, you will die upon the Fitrah, and if you reach the morning, you will reach it in good? You say: ‘O Allah, verily, I submit myself to You, and I turn my face to You, and I entrust my affair to You, hoping in You and fearing in You. And I lay myself down depending upon You, there is no refuge [nor escape] from You except to You. I believe in Your Book which You have revealed, and in Your Prophet whom You have sent (Allāhumma innī aslamtu nafsī ilaika wa wajjahtu wajhī ilaika, wa fawwaḍtu amrī ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika wa alja'tu ẓahrī ilaika, lā malja'a [wa lā manjā] minka illā ilaik. Āmantu bikitābikal-ladhī anzalta wa binabiyyikal-ladhī arsalt).’” Al-Bara' said: “So I said: ‘And in Your Messenger whom you have sent.’” He said: “So he (ﷺ) struck his hand upon my chest, then said: “And in Your Prophet whom You have sent. (Wa binabiyyikal-ladhī arsalt).”

حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ أَبِي عُمَرَ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ بْنُ عُيَيْنَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ الْهَمْدَانِيِّ، عَنِ الْبَرَاءِ بْنِ عَازِبٍ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ لَهُ ‏"‏ أَلاَ أُعَلِّمُكَ كَلِمَاتٍ تَقُولُهَا إِذَا أَوَيْتَ إِلَى فِرَاشِكَ فَإِنْ مُتَّ مِنْ لَيْلَتِكَ مُتَّ عَلَى الْفِطْرَةِ وَإِنْ أَصْبَحْتَ أَصْبَحْتَ وَقَدْ أَصَبْتَ خَيْرًا تَقُولُ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْلَمْتُ نَفْسِي إِلَيْكَ وَوَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِي إِلَيْكَ وَفَوَّضْتُ أَمْرِي إِلَيْكَ رَغْبَةً وَرَهْبَةً إِلَيْكَ وَأَلْجَأْتُ ظَهْرِي إِلَيْكَ لاَ مَلْجَأَ وَلاَ مَنْجَا مِنْكَ إِلاَّ إِلَيْكَ آمَنْتُ بِكِتَابِكَ الَّذِي أَنْزَلْتَ وَبِنَبِيِّكَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلْتَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ الْبَرَاءُ فَقُلْتُ وَبِرَسُولِكَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلْتَ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَطَعَنَ بِيَدِهِ فِي صَدْرِي ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَبِنَبِيِّكَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلْتَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ غَرِيبٌ قَدْ رُوِيَ مِنْ غَيْرِ وَجْهٍ عَنِ الْبَرَاءِ ‏.‏ وَرَوَاهُ مَنْصُورُ بْنُ الْمُعْتَمِرِ عَنْ سَعْدِ بْنِ عُبَيْدَةَ عَنِ الْبَرَاءِ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَحْوَهُ إِلاَّ أَنَّهُ قَالَ إِذَا أَوَيْتَ إِلَى فِرَاشِكَ وَأَنْتَ عَلَى وُضُوءٍ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنْ رَافِعِ بْنِ خَدِيجٍ رضى الله عنه ‏.‏
Grade: Sahih

Reference: Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3394
In-book reference: Book 48, Hadith 25
English translation: Vol. 6, Book 45, Hadith 3394

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْلَمْتُ نَفْسِي إِلَيْكَ وَوَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِي إِلَيْكَ وَفَوَّضْتُ أَمْرِي إِلَيْكَ رَغْبَةً وَرَهْبَةً إِلَيْكَ وَأَلْجَأْتُ ظَهْرِي إِلَيْكَ لاَ مَلْجَأَ وَلاَ مَنْجَا مِنْكَ إِلاَّ إِلَيْكَ آمَنْتُ بِكِتَابِكَ الَّذِي أَنْزَلْتَ وَبِنَبِيِّكَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلْتَ
Allāhumma innī aslamtu nafsī ilaika wa wajjahtu wajhī ilaika, wa fawwaḍtu amrī ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika wa alja'tu ẓahrī ilaika, lā malja'a [wa lā manjā] minka illā ilaik. Āmantu bikitābikal-ladhī anzalta wa binabiyyikal-ladhī arsalt
O Allah, verily, I submit myself to You, and I turn my face to You, and I entrust my affair to You, hoping in You and fearing in You. And I lay myself down depending upon You, there is no refuge [nor escape] from You except to You. I believe in Your Book which You have revealed, and in Your Prophet whom You have sent

Brief Commentary:
Other than learning this dua, there is one other very beautiful lesson we learn from the hadith. Al-Bara repeated the dua but instead of saying your Prophet (Nabiyyiaka in Arabic) he used the word your messenger (Rasoolika in Arabic). Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) corrected Al-Bara and told him to say "Nabiyyiaka" instead of "Rasoolika." This shows that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was very precise in use of his words and it is better for us to take every word in the hadith very seriously.

This reminds me of my discussion with someone when I insisted that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that all bidah is bad. The guy kept on saying I understand but good bidah is allowed in Islam. Even though "Kullun" means good and bad. Anyways May Allah helps us to follow the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as this is the only straight path.

'Abdullah
12-12-2019, 04:55 PM
اللهمَّ اجْعَلني صَبُورًا واجْعَلني شَكُورًا واجْعَلني في عَيْني صَغيرًا و في أعْيُنِ النَّاسِ كَبيرًا
Oh Allah, make me extremely patient, and make me extremely grateful, and make me inherently and permanently small in my own eyes and make me inherently and permanently great in the eyes of others.

This is an excellent dua to make when one feels in need of patience, gratitude, and when one feels too highly of him/herself.

In order to understand the beauty of this dua, we need to understand the four key words:
(extremely patient, but it is not permanence) صَبُورًا
شَكُورًا (extremely grateful but not permanence)
(inherently and permanently small)صَغيرًا
كَبيرًا(inherently and permanently great)

Let’s just split this dua in two to make it easier. The first part, we are asking Allah to make us extremely patient and extremely grateful.
اللهمَّ اجْعَلني صَبُورًا واجْعَلني شَكُورًا

Oh Allah, make me extremely patient, and make me extremely grateful,
I was reflecting on this and what occurred to me is that these two qualities are what will sustain a person in both times of difficulty and ease. In times of ease, we are in dire need of gratitude, for the test of ease requires constant engagement in gratitude in its full meaning. In times of difficulty, we are in dire need of patience. These two are an unbreakable pair because our lives are all about difficulties and eases. Subhanallah…
But, these two words, are in the form of Ism Mubaalaghah, which in its meaning, hyperbolizes ism sifah. It’s also not permanent like ism sifah has permanence. So, in application, صبُورا would mean, not just patient, but extremely patient, patient to the power of 100. Same with شكورا. it would mean, not just grateful, but extremely grateful, very very very very grateful, to the nth degree. But, it doesn’t have permanence though. That means, that we aren’t patient and grateful all the time. So the beauty of these two words being in Ism Mubalaghah form, is that, when a situation calls for patience, then Ya Allah, please make me so patient, so so so patient! And when a situation calls for gratitude, then Ya Allah, please make me so grateful, so so so grateful!
The second part of this dua, is asking Allah to make us seem small in our own eyes and great in the eyes of others. I always wondered about this part.
واجْعَلني في عَيْني صَغيرًا و في أعْيُنِ النَّاسِ كَبيرًا
and make me inherently and permanently small in my own eyes and make me inherently and permanently great in the eyes of others. The first part makes sense to me, but the second part is a little perplexing to me. I mean, yes, we want to not think too highly of ourselves, so as to not become arrogant, but, why are we asking for us to be great in the eyes of others? At times, when I’m making this dua, I’ve felt torn. Doesn’t that contradict what I’m asking for though?
Balance. Islam teaches us balance. Allah’s sunnah is infused with balance. Subhanallah. We are asking Allah to lessen the degree of how we think about ourselves, so as to instill humility in us. This part is the internal aspect of ourselves, that we think of ourselves as insignificant.Yet, if left imbalanced, this can be counterproductive and go to another extreme where we would probably end up with very low self esteem and self confidence, and this is not how Allah wants us to be. But if others see us as great, it may be that they will express this to us occasionally, and this will help bring that balance, especially on those days when we feel down. Having someone come and tell you that they think you are benefiting them, or that you are a big help to them, can fuel you with confidence and reassurance. This dua then also comes full circle. That is also one of the moments where we need to be extremely grateful to Allah, so that we don’t end up attributing the praises that were just given to us, to ourselves. Instead, we remember and remind ourselves that it’s all from Allah. There may also be times when people may come and say not so good things about us, for whatever reason, or just treat us badly, and this is when we need extreme patience.
Subhanallah…the two characteristics in this second part of the dua, صغيرا and كبيرا takes the form of Ism Sifah. Ism Sifah has permanence, and is also inherent. So, from that, I understood this as that we are asking Allah to make us have this perception on ourselves on a permanent basis. If this becomes an inherent quality in us, it will help us keep our egos and arrogance in check. It’s like having an internal barometer that never needs recharging. On the other hand, externally, we are also asking Allah that others see us as great, and that this is also on a permanent basis, and that it’s also inherent in others. In this case, this is like having a constant cheerleader.
And Allah knows best.

Below is the video for those who want to listen to and memorize this dua.

'Abdullah
12-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Dua to remove any ill feelings for fellow Muslims:

Our Lord! put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. [Source Quran, Al-Hashr 10]

رَبَّنَالَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُو

Transliteration : Rabbana la taj`al fee qulubina ghillan lilathina amanu

'Abdullah
12-16-2019, 07:54 PM
“Whoever ate something, then said: الْحَمْـدُ للهِ الَّذي أَطْعَمَنـي هـذا وَرَزَقَنـيهِ مِنْ غَـيْرِ حَوْلٍ مِنِّي وَلا قُوَّة

(Al-Hamdu lillaahilladhee at’amanee hadha wa razaqneeh min ghayri hawlin minnee wa la quwwa)
‘Praise be to Allah who has fed me this food and provided it for me, without any strength or power on my part’
is forgiven his past and future sins." [Sahih al-Jami’ #6086]

Ahmed.
12-16-2019, 09:13 PM
MashAllah this is a very beneficial thread! Keep em coming bro! :)

'Abdullah
12-16-2019, 10:02 PM
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ كَثِيرٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ مُرَّةَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْحَارِثِ، عَنْ طُلَيْقِ بْنِ قَيْسٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، قَالَ كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَدْعُو ‏

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas that the Prophet Muhammad
(ﷺ) used to supplicate Allah:
My Lord, help me and do not give help against me; grant me victory, and do not grant victory over me; plan on my behalf and do not plan against me; guide me, and made my right guidance easy for me; grant me victory over those who act wrongfully towards me; O Allah, make me grateful to Thee, mindful of Thee, full of fear towards Thee, devoted to Thy obedience, humble before Thee, or penitent. My Lord, accept my repentance, wash away my sin, answer my supplication, clearly establish my evidence, guide my heart, make true my tongue and draw out malice in my breast.
رَبِّ أَعِنِّي وَلاَ تُعِنْ عَلَىَّ وَانْصُرْنِي وَلاَ تَنْصُرْ عَلَىَّ وَامْكُرْ لِي وَلاَ تَمْكُرْ عَلَىَّ وَاهْدِنِي وَيَسِّرْ هُدَاىَ إِلَىَّ وَانْصُرْنِي عَلَى مَنْ بَغَى عَلَىَّ
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِي لَكَ شَاكِرًا لَكَ ذَاكِرًا لَكَ رَاهِبًا لَكَ مِطْوَاعًا إِلَيْكَ مُخْبِتًا أَوْ مُنِيبًا
رَبِّ تَقَبَّلْ تَوْبَتِي وَاغْسِلْ حَوْبَتِي وَأَجِبْ دَعْوَتِي وَثَبِّتْ حُجَّتِي وَاهْدِ قَلْبِي وَسَدِّدْ لِسَانِي وَاسْلُلْ سَخِيمَةَ قَلْبِي

Transliteration:

Rabbi A’inni Wa La Tu’in Alayya, Wansurni Wa La Tansur Alayya, Wahdini Wa Yassir Lil-Huda, Wansurni Ala Man Bagha Alayya. Rabbij’alni Laka Shakkaran, Laka Dhak-Karan, Laka Rahhaban, Laka Mitwa’an, Laka Mikhbitan, Ilaika Awwahan Muniba. Rabbi Taqabbal Tawbati, Waghsil Hawbati, Wa Ajib Da’wati, Wa Thab-bit Hujjati, Wa Saddid Lisani Wahdi Qalbi, Waslul Sakhimata Sadri

Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani)
Reference: Sunan Abi Dawud 1510
In-book reference: Book 8, Hadith 95
English translation: Book 8, Hadith 1505

I deliberately broke the dua into three parts. If it is too long for someone, then they can memorize at least the last part of this dua:
رَبِّ تَقَبَّلْ تَوْبَتِي وَاغْسِلْ حَوْبَتِي وَأَجِبْ دَعْوَتِي وَثَبِّتْ حُجَّتِي وَاهْدِ قَلْبِي وَسَدِّدْ لِسَانِي وَاسْلُلْ سَخِيمَةَ قَلْبِي

My Lord, accept my repentance, wash away my sin, answer my supplication, clearly establish my evidence ( this is related to questioning in the grave), guide my heart, make true my tongue and draw out malice in my breast.

'Abdullah
12-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to seek refuge with Allah from the difficult moment of a calamity and from being overtaken by destruction and from being destined to an evil end, and from the malicious joy of enemies. Sufyan said, "This narration contained three items only, but I added one. I do not know which one that was."

حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، حَدَّثَنِي سُمَىٌّ، عَنْ أَبِي صَالِحٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَتَعَوَّذُ مِنْ جَهْدِ الْبَلاَءِ، وَدَرَكِ الشَّقَاءِ، وَسُوءِ الْقَضَاءِ، وَشَمَاتَةِ الأَعْدَاءِ‏.‏ قَالَ سُفْيَانُ الْحَدِيثُ ثَلاَثٌ زِدْتُ أَنَا وَاحِدَةً، لاَ أَدْرِي أَيَّتُهُنَّ هِيَ‏.‏

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6347
In-book reference: Book 80, Hadith 44
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 8, Book 75, Hadith 358

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَمِنْ جَهْدِ الْبَلاَءِ، وَدَرَكِ الشَّقَاءِ، وَسُوءِ الْقَضَاءِ، وَشَمَاتَةِ الأَعْدَاءِ‏.‏

Transliteration: Allahumma innee a'uudubika min jahdil balaa wa darakish shaqaa wa suu-ilqadaa wa shamaatatil-a'daa'
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the difficulty of affliction, from the burden of hardship, from evil judgement and from enemy's rejoicing (from my suffering).

'Abdullah
12-23-2019, 04:55 PM
رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِىٓ أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَىَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَٰلِدَىَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَٰلِحًا تَرْضَىٰهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِى بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِى عِبَادِكَ ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ
Transliteration: Rabbi ‘awzi’-ni ‘an ‘ashkura ni’-mata kallatee ‘an-‘amta ‘alayya wa ‘alaa waalidayya wa ‘an ‘a-mala saalihan tarzaahu wa ‘adkhilnee bi-rahmatika fee ‘ibadikas-saliheen
Translation: My Lord! permit me to give thanks for Your blessing which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do good which pleases You, and admit me, with Your mercy, among Your righteous bondsmen. [Quran 27: 19]
[Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him) made this supplication]

'Abdullah
12-24-2019, 05:05 PM
Abu Hurairah told that the Messenger of Allah (saas) said:
'Allahumma! Inni a'udhu bika minal-arba': min 'ilmin la yanfa'u, wa min qalbin la yakhsha'u, wa min nafsin la tashba'u, wa min du'a'in la yusma' [O Allah, I seek refuge with You from four things: From knowledge that is of no benefit, from a heart that does not fear (You), from a soul that is never satisfied, and from a supplication that is not heard].'"

حَدَّثَنَا عِيسَى بْنُ حَمَّادٍ الْمِصْرِيُّ، أَنْبَأَنَا اللَّيْثُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ سَعِيدِ بْنِ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْمَقْبُرِيِّ، عَنْ أَخِيهِ، عَبَّادِ بْنِ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ، يَقُولُ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الأَرْبَعِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ لاَ يَنْفَعُ وَمِنْ قَلْبٍ لاَ يَخْشَعُ وَمِنْ نَفْسٍ لاَ تَشْبَعُ وَمِنْ دُعَاءٍ لاَ يُسْمَعُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)

Reference: Sunan Ibn Majah 3837
In-book reference: Book 34, Hadith 11
English translation: Vol. 5, Book 34, Hadith 3837
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ لاَ يَنْفَعُ وَمِنْ قَلْبٍ لاَ يَخْشَعُ وَمِنْ نَفْسٍ لاَ تَشْبَعُ وَمِنْ دُعَاءٍ لاَ يُسْمَعُ

Transliteration: 'Allahumma! Inni a'udhu bika min 'ilmin la yanfa'u, wa min qalbin la yakhsha'u, wa min nafsin la tashba'u, wa min du'a'in la yusma'

Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge with You from knowledge that is of no benefit, from a heart that does not fear (You), from a soul that is never satisfied, and from a supplication that is not heard

taha_
12-25-2019, 01:49 PM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

SubhanAllah.

I wish he could share us more duas.

'Abdullah
01-09-2020, 09:21 PM
اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ الصِّحَّةَ، وَالْعِفَّةَ، وَالْأَمَانَةَ، وَحُسْنَ الْخُلُقِ، وَالرِّضَا بِالْقَدَرِ
Transliteration: Allaahumma innii as’alukas-sihhat(ta), wal-‘iffa(ta), wal-‘amaana(ta), wa husnal-khuluq(i), war-ridaa bil qadar.
Translation: O Allah, I beg You for health, chastity, integrity, good character, and acceptance of fate.
Source: Kanz al-‘Ummal #3650
Brief Commentary: Health is the first item in this list because its absence affects a person’s ability to worship Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) in addition to affecting his ability to enjoy this worldly life. The other qualities mentioned are all attributes of imaan. Like imaan itself, they can come to us through the blessings of Allah.

'Abdullah
01-10-2020, 12:12 AM
DUA FOR QUNUT IN WITR PRAYER:
There are several duas proven from Sunnah which one can recite in Qunut. I will list a few in this post.
اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ، وَعَافِنِي فِيمَنْ عَافَيْتَ، وَتَوَلَّنِي فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ، وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أَعطَيْتَ، وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ، فَإِنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلَا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ، إِنَّهُ لَا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ، [وَلَا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ]، تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَتَعَالَيْتَ
Transliteration: Allaahum-mahdinee feeman hadayta, wa 'aafinee feeman 'aafayta, wa tawallanee feeman tawallayta, wa baarik lee feemaa 'a'atayta, wa qinee sharra maa qadhayta, fa'innaka taqdhee wa laa yuqdhaa 'alayka, 'innahu laa yathillu man waalayta, [wa laa ya 'izzu man 'aadayta], tabaarakta Rabbanaa wa ta'aalayta.
Translation: O Allah, guide me with those whom You have guided, and strengthen me with those whom You have given strength. Take me to Your care with those whom You have taken to Your care. Bless me in what You have given me. Protect me from the evil You have ordained. Surely, You command and are not commanded, and none whom You have committed to Your care shall be humiliated [and none whom You have taken as an enemy shall taste glory]. You are Blessed, Our Lord, and Exalted.
Sources: Sunan An-Nisa'i 1745, Sunan Ibn Majah 1178 and others.Below are links to some of the hadiths for dua mentioned above:
http://sunnah.com/nasai/20/148
http://sunnah.com/urn/1285260
اللَّهُمَّ إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ، وَلَكَ نُصَلِّي وَنَسْجُدُ، وَإِلَيْكَ نَسْعَى وَنَحْفِدُ، نَرْجُو رَحْمَتَكَ، وَنَخْشَى عَذَابَكَ، إِنَّ عَذَابَكَ بِالْكَافِرِينَ مُلْحَقٌ. اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّا نَسْتَعِينُكَ، وَنَسْتَغْفِرُكَ، وَنُثْنِي عَلَيْكَ الْخَيْرَ، وَلَا نَكْفُرُكَ، وَنُؤْمِنُ بِكَ وَنَخْضَعُ لَكَ، وَنَخْلَعُ مَنْ يَكْفُرُكَ
Transliteration: Allaahumma 'iyyaaka na'budu, wa laka nusallee wa nasjudu, wa 'ilayka nas'aa wa nahfidu, narjoo rahmataka, wa nakhshaa 'athaabaka, 'inna 'athaabaka bilkaafireena mulhaq. Allaahumma 'innaa nasta'eenuka, wa nastaghfiruka, wa nuthnee 'alaykal-khayr, wa laa nakfuruka, wa nu'minu bika, wa nakhdha'u laka, wa nakhla'u man yakfuruka.
Translation: O Allah, You alone do we worship and to You we pray and bow down prostrate. To You we hasten to worship and to serve. Our hope is for Your mercy and we fear Your punishment. Surely, Your punishment of the disbelievers is at hand. O Allah, we seek Your help and Your forgiveness, and we praise You beneficently. We do not deny You and we believe in You. We surrender to You and renounce whoever disbelieves in You.
Source: Al-Bayhaqi graded its chain authentic in As-Sunan Al-Kubra. Al-Albani said in 'Irwa'ul-GhaliL 2/170 that its chain is authentic as a statement of 'Umar.

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِرِضَاكَ مَنْ سَخَطِكَ، وَبِمُعَافَاتِكَ مِنْ عُقُوبَتِكَ، وأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْكَ، لَا أُحْصِي ثَنَاءً عَلَيْكَ، أَنْتَ كَمَا أَثْنَيْتَ عَلَى نَفْسِكَ
Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu biridhaaka rain sakhatika, wa bimu'aafaatika min 'uqoobatika, wa 'a'oothu bika minka, laa 'uhsee thanaa'an 'alayka, 'Anta kamaa 'athnayta 'alaa nafsika.
Translation:O Allah, I seek refuge with Your Pleasure from Your anger. I seek refuge in Your forgiveness from Your punishment. I seek refuge in You from You. I cannot count Your praises, You are as You have praised Yourself.
Sources: Abu Dawood 789, Sunan An Nisa'i 169, Sunan Ibn Majah 1179 and others.
Below are links to some of the hadiths for dua mentioned above:
http://sunnah.com/abudawud/2/489
http://sunnah.com/urn/1001700
http://sunnah.com/urn/1285270

'Abdullah
01-10-2020, 05:50 PM
اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْ حُبَّكَ أَحَبَّ الْأَشْيَاءِ إِلَيَّ، وَاجْعَلْ خَشْيَتَكَ أَخْوَفَ الْأَشْيَاءِ عِنْدِيْ، وَاقْطَعْ عَنِّيْ حَاجَاتِ الدُّنْيَا بِالشَّوْقِ إِلىٰ لِقَائِكَ، وَإِذَا أَقْرَرْتَ أَعْيُنَ أَهْلِ الدُّنْيَا مِنْ دُنْيَا هُمْ فَأَقْرِرْ عَيْنِيْ مِنْ عِبَادَتِكَ
Transliteration: Allaahummaj-‘al hubbaka ahabbal-‘ashyaa’i ilayy(a), waj-‘al khashyataka akhwafal-‘ashyaa’i ‘indii, waq-ta’ ‘annii haajaatid-dunyaa bish-shawqi ilaa liqaa’ik(a), wa idhaa aqrarta a’yuna ahlid-dunyaa min dunyaahum fa aqrir ‘aynii min ‘ibaadatik.
Translation: O Allah, make Your love the dearest and make Your fear the most frightening of all things to me. Cut off worldly needs from me by giving me the longing to meet You. And as You bring comfort to the eyes of the men of the world with their worldly possessions, bring comfort to my eyes with Your obedience and worship.
Source: Kanz al-‘Ummal #3648

'Abdullah
01-10-2020, 06:07 PM
اللَّهُمَّ لاَ سَهْلَ إِلاَّ مَا جَعَلْتَهُ سَهْلاً، وَأَنْتَ تَجْعَلُ الْحَزْنَ إِذَا شِئْتَ سَهْلاً
Transliteration: Allaahumma laa sahla illaa maa ja'altahu sahlan wa Anta taj'alul-hazna 'ithaa shi'ta sahlan.
Translation: O Allah, there is no ease other than what You make easy. If You please You ease sorrow.
Sources: Ibn Hibban' Sahih # 2427, and Ibn As- Sunni's Sahih # 351. Al-Hafidh (Ibn Hajar) said that this Hadith and dua is authentic.

taha_
01-11-2020, 10:22 AM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barkauthu.

Narrated ‘Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for EACH believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarrani)

I have not heard this hadith before til i found a post on the forum, about it. But I searched it and it is authentic (Subhan Allah and Alhamuduilliah)

Ubadah ibn al-Samit reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and women, Allah will record a good deed for him by each man and woman.”Source: Musnad al-Shāmīyīn 2118
Grade: Jayyid (very good) according to Al-Haythami

https://abuaminaelias.com/dailyhadit...the-believers/

The Good Deed Of The WEEK ... Come and do it with us (2nd post)

JazakAllah khair.

'Abdullah
01-12-2020, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barkauthu.

Narrated ‘Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for EACH believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarrani)
Subhanallah and thanks for sharing brother Taha.
There are several duas we can make on this subject. For example:
رَبَّنَا ٱغْفِرْ لِى وَلِوَٰلِدَىَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ ٱلْحِسَابُ
Transliteration: Rabbana ighfir lee waliwalidayya walilmumineena yawma yaqoomu alhisabu
Translation: Our Lord, forgive me and my parents and the believers the Day the account is established. [Quran 14:41]

اللهم اغفر للمسلمين والمسلمات, والمؤمنين والمؤمنات, الأحياء منهم والأموات
Transliteration: Allahumma ighfir lil muslimeena wal-muslimaat, wal-mu'mineena wal-mu'minaat, al-ahyaa'i minhom wal-amwat
Translation: O Allah, forgive the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and the believing women, the alive from them and the dead

'Abdullah
01-13-2020, 04:25 PM
RECOMMENDED DUAS FOR PROSTRATION WHILE RECITING QURAN
Below are three duas found in hadith which are made when one prostrates while reciting Quran during prayer or outside the prayer. One can recite any of these duas for prostration while reciting Quran.

سَجَدَ وَجْهِي لِلَّذِي خَلَقَهُ وَشَقَّ سَمْعَهُ وَبَصَرَهُ بِحَوْلِهِ وَقُوَّتِهِ
Transliteration: Sajada wajhiya lillathee khalaqahu, wa shaqqa sam'ahu wa basarahu bihawlihi wa quwwatihi. Fatabaarakallaahu 'ahsanul-khaaliqeen.
Translation: I have prostrated my face to the One Who created it, and gave it hearing and sight by His might and His power. Glory is to Allah, the Best of creators.
Sources: Sunan Abi Dawud 1414; Jami` at-Tirmidhi 580; Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3425
http://sunnah.com/abudawud/7/14
http://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/6/37
Sunan Ibn Majah and Sunan An-Nisai have same dua with slight variation:
اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ سَجَدْتُ وَبِكَ آمَنْتُ وَلَكَ أَسْلَمْتُ أَنْتَ رَبِّي سَجَدَ وَجْهِي لِلَّذِي شَقَّ سَمْعَهُ وَبَصَرَهُ تَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Transliteration: Allahumma laka sajadtu, wa bika amantu, wa laka aslamtu, Anta rabbi, sajada wajhi lilladhi shaqqa sam’ahu wa basarahu, tabarak Allah ahsanul-khaliqin
Translation: O Allah, to You I have prostrated, and in You I have believed, and to You I have submitted. You are my Lord; my face has prostrated to the One Who gave it hearing and sight. Blessed is Allah the best of Creators
Sources: Sunan Ibn Majah & Sunan An-Nisai

http://sunnah.com/urn/1284020
https://sunnah.com/nasai/12/99
اللَّهُمَّ اكْتُبْ لِي بِهَا عِنْدَكَ أَجْرًا وَضَعْ عَنِّي بِهَا وِزْرًا وَاجْعَلْهَا لِي عِنْدَكَ ذُخْرًا وَتَقَبَّلْهَا مِنِّي كَمَا تَقَبَّلْتَهَا مِنْ عَبْدِكَ دَاوُدَ
Transliteration: Allaahum-maktub lee bihaa 'indaka 'ajran, wa aha' 'annee bihaa wizran, waj'alhaa lee 'indaka thukhran, wa taqabbalhaa minnee kamaa taqabbaltahaa min'abdika Daawooda.
Translation:
O Allah, write it as a reward for me, and release me from a burden for it, and make it a I treasure for me in Paradise. Accept it from me as You accepted it from your servant Dawud.
Source: Jami' At-Tirmidhi 3424
http://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/48/55

'Abdullah
01-13-2020, 10:09 PM
اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي ذَنْبِي كُلَّهُ دِقَّهُ وَجِلَّهُ وَأَوَّلَهُ وَآخِرَهُ وَعَلاَنِيَتَهُ وَسِرَّهُ

Transliteration: Allahum-maghfirli dhanbi kullahu,diqqahu, wajillahu, wa awwa-lahu, wa aakhirahu
wa ‘ala-niyyatu wa sirrahu
Translation: Oh Allah, Forgive me all my sins, great and small, the first and the last, those that are apparent and those that are hidden.
Reference Haith:
Abu Huraira reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to say while prostrating himself: O Lord, forgive me all my sins, small and great, first and last, open and secret.
وَحَدَّثَنِي أَبُو الطَّاهِرِ، وَيُونُسُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الأَعْلَى، قَالاَ أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي يَحْيَى بْنُ أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ عُمَارَةَ بْنِ غَزِيَّةَ، عَنْ سُمَىٍّ، مَوْلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ عَنْ أَبِي صَالِحٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ يَقُولُ فِي سُجُودِهِ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي ذَنْبِي كُلَّهُ دِقَّهُ وَجِلَّهُ وَأَوَّلَهُ وَآخِرَهُ وَعَلاَنِيَتَهُ وَسِرَّهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 483
In-book reference: Book 4, Hadith 246
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 4, Hadith 980
http://sunnah.com/muslim/4/246
This dua has also been narrated by Imam Muslim and Imam Abu Dawood.
http://sunnah.com/muslim/4/246
https://sunnah.com/abudawud/2/488

'Abdullah
01-14-2020, 04:18 PM
DUAS OF PROPHET MUSA (PEACE BE UPON HIM)
رَبِّ إِنِّى ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِى فَٱغْفِرْ لِى
Transliteration: rabbi innee thalamtu nafsee faighfir lee
Translation: My Lord, indeed I have wronged myself, so forgive me
Source: [Quran 28:16]
رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Transliteration: rabbi ishrah lee sadree, Wayassir lee amree, Waohlul AAuqdatan min lisanee, Yafqahoo qawlee
Translation: My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance], ease for me my task, and untie the knot from my tongue that they may understand my speech.
Source:[Quran 20:25-28]
رَبِّ إِنِّى لِمَآ أَنزَلْتَ إِلَىَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ

Transliteration: rabbi innee lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeerun
Translation: My Lord, indeed I am, for whatever good You would send down to me, in need.
Source:[Quran 28:24]

taha_
01-14-2020, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
DUAS OF PROPHET MUSA (PEACE BE UPON HIM)
رَبِّ إِنِّى ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِى فَٱغْفِرْ لِى
Transliteration: rabbi innee thalamtu nafsee faighfir lee
Translation: My Lord, indeed I have wronged myself, so forgive me
Source: [Quran 28:16]
رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Transliteration: rabbi ishrah lee sadree, Wayassir lee amree, Waohlul AAuqdatan min lisanee, Yafqahoo qawlee
Translation: My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance], ease for me my task, and untie the knot from my tongue that they may understand my speech.
Source:[Quran 20:25-28]
رَبِّ إِنِّى لِمَآ أَنزَلْتَ إِلَىَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ

Transliteration: rabbi innee lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeerun
Translation: My Lord, indeed I am, for whatever good You would send down to me, in need.
Source:[Quran 28:24]
The second dua. It's used to make your voice clear in sha Allah.

jazakAllah khair

'Abdullah
01-14-2020, 06:08 PM
اللَّهُمَّ أَصْلِحْ لِي دِينِي الَّذِي هُوَ عِصْمَةُ أَمْرِي، وَأَصْلِحْ لِي دُنْيَايَ الَّتِي فِيهَا مَعَاشِي، وَأَصْلِحْ لِي آخِرَتِي الَّتِي فِيهَا مَعَادِي، وَاجْعَلِ الْحَيَاةَ زِيَادَةً لِي فِي كُلِّ خَيْرٍ، وَاجْعَلِ الْمَوْتَ رَاحَةً لِي مِنْ كُلِّ شَرٍّ
Transliteration: Allahumm-aslih li diniyalladhi huwa ismatu amri, wa aslih li dunyaya-llati fiha ma’ashi, wa aslih li akhirati-llati fiha ma`adi, waj`alil-hayata ziyadatan li fi kulli khair, waj`alil-mauta rahatan li min kulli sharrin
Translation: O Allah! Set right my faith which is the safeguard of my affairs. And set right for me my worldy affairs wherein is my living. And set right for me my Hereafter on which depends my after-life. And make my life for me (a source) of abundance for every good and make my death a source of comfort for me protecting me against every evil.
Reference Hadith:
Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to supplicate (in these words):
" O Allah, set right for me my religion which is the safeguard of my affairs. And set right for me the affairs of my world wherein is my living. And set right for me my Hereafter on which depends my after-life. And make the life for me (a source) of abundance for every good and make my death a source of comfort for me protecting me against every evil."
حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ دِينَارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو قَطَنٍ، عَمْرُو بْنُ الْهَيْثَمِ الْقُطَعِيُّ عَنْ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ، بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ الْمَاجِشُونِ عَنْ قُدَامَةَ بْنِ مُوسَى، عَنْ أَبِي صَالِحٍ السَّمَّانِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ أَصْلِحْ لِي دِينِيَ الَّذِي هُوَ عِصْمَةُ أَمْرِي وَأَصْلِحْ لِي دُنْيَاىَ الَّتِي فِيهَا مَعَاشِي وَأَصْلِحْ لِي آخِرَتِي الَّتِي فِيهَا مَعَادِي وَاجْعَلِ الْحَيَاةَ زِيَادَةً لِي فِي كُلِّ خَيْرٍ وَاجْعَلِ الْمَوْتَ رَاحَةً لِي مِنْ كُلِّ شَرٍّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 2720
In-book reference: Book 48, Hadith 96
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 35, Hadith 6565
https://sunnah.com/muslim/48/96
https://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/17/8

'Abdullah
01-15-2020, 07:35 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي

Transliteration: Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul-'afwa, fa'fu 'anni
Translation: O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me
Source/Reference Hadith:
It was narrated from 'Aishah that she said:
"O Messenger of Allah, what do you think I should say in my supplication, if I come upon Laylatul-Qadr?" He said: "Say: 'Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul-'afwa, fa'fu 'anni (O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me).'"
حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، عَنْ كَهْمَسِ بْنِ الْحَسَنِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّهَا قَالَتْ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَرَأَيْتَ إِنْ وَافَقْتُ لَيْلَةَ الْقَدْرِ مَا أَدْعُو قَالَ ‏ "‏ تَقُولِينَ اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)
Reference: Sunan Ibn Majah 3850
In-book reference: Book 34, Hadith 24
English translation: Vol. 5, Book 34, Hadith 3850
http://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/34/24

'Abdullah
01-16-2020, 09:47 PM
رَبِّ هَبْ لِى حُكْمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِى بِٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ
Transliteration: Rabbi hab lee hukman waalhiqnee bialssaliheena
Translation: [And Abrahim(peace be upon him) said], "My Lord, grant me authority and join me with the righteous."
Source: Quran 26:83

Edit: Arabic word Hukman can also be translated as "ability to judge (between right and wrong)" or wisdom.

'Abdullah
01-17-2020, 04:51 PM
رَبَّنا تَقَبَّل مِنّا ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ السَّميعُ العَليمُ
Transliteration: Rabbana taqabbal minna innaka antas samee ul aleem
Translation: O our Lord ! accept (this service) from us,verily You and You (alone) are the Hearer,the Knower
Source: Quran 2:127

'Abdullah
01-21-2020, 05:20 PM
Supplication for those who are often being praised by others:

Anytime the first Caliph Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq -RadhiAllaahu anhu, would hear a person praising him with goodness, Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq -RadhiAllaahu anhu would say:
اللهم لا تؤاخذني بما يقولون،
O Allah do not take me to task with what they say,
واجعلني خيرًا مما يظنون،

and make me better than what they presume
واغفر لي ما لا يعلمون،

and forgive me for what they do not know.
Complete dua is below:
اللهم لا تؤاخذني بما يقولون، واجعلني خيرًا مما يظنون، واغفر لي ما لا يعلمون،
Transliteration: Allahumma-ja’lni khayran mima yadhunoon wa-ghfir li ma la ya’lamoon wa la tu’akhidhni bi ma yaquloon.
Translation: O Allah do not take me to task with what they say, and make me better than what they presume and forgive me for what they do not know.
Short Commentary:
yadhunnun – dhann is supposition. Notice here that Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) did not say, “ya’lamoon“, “what they know” but rather, what they think about me. He is showing us through the use of this word that what people think is not always true, and supposition can never equal actual knowledge.
tu’akhidhni – aakhadha means to reproach or blame someone. It means to hold someone accountable for something. Abu Bakr RadhiAllaahu anhu is asking that he not be held accountable for what is said about him, because it is not in his control.
Points of Benefit
Being praised is something that even giants struggle with. Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) was the giant of this Ummah, the greatest man after the Prophets, yet he struggled with hearing the praise of others. Struggling with praise does not mean you are weak, rather it means you are human.
Be careful in overpraising others. Sometimes we praise people in an extravagant way, and this only hurts the person more. As the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“you are cutting the neck of your brother” [Bukhari 2662]
You may think you are benefiting the person but it may only be hurting them more. It is important to be balanced when praising others. The Prophet said:
“If it is necessary for any of you to praise someone, then he should say: ‘I think! that he is so and-so‘, if he really thinks that he is such. Allah is the One Who will take his account (as He knows his reality), and none can sanctify anyone before Allah.” [Bukhari]
Once a man was praised by another, so he responded to him and asked him, “Have you seen me while I was angry, and found me forbearing?” The man who praised him said no. He then asked, “Have you traveled with me and saw that I had good character (during travels)?” He said no. Then he asked, “Have you found me trustworthy with regards to fulfilling the trusts?” He said no. The man concluded, “then it is not allowed for you to praise someone if you have not seen his behavior with regards to these situations.”
Make duaa for those who are faced with popularity, fame and praise. It is a great inner struggle for them.Being praised for an action you did secretly for the sake of Allah is a good thing. It was said to Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him):
What is your opinion about the person who has done good deeds and the people praise him? He said: It is glad tidings for a believer (which he has received in this world). [Saheeh Muslim]
This is not the same as someone acting out of seeking praise or changing their deeds afterward for praise, but this when someone is praised for what they’ve already done such as people finding out they were feeding the poor or praying during the night. If you are praised, then be careful not to let praise and self-admiration overcome you. Praise makes people content with their deeds so they do not worship or do good as much because they are happy with their situation.

'Abdullah
01-22-2020, 03:32 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا عَمِلْتُ وَمِنْ شَرِّ مَا لَمْ أَعْمَلْ
Transliteration: Allahumma inni author bika min sharri ma 'amiltu wa min sharri ma lam a'mal
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the evil of that which I have done, and the evil of that which I have not done.
Reference Hadith:
It was narrated that Farwah bin Nawfal said:
"I said to 'Aishah: 'Tell me of a supplication that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to say in his prayer.' She said: 'Yes. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to say: Allahumma inni author bika min sharri ma 'amiltu wa min sharri ma lam a'mal (O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the evil of that which I have done, and the evil of that which I have not done.)'"
أَخْبَرَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ مَنْصُورٍ، عَنْ هِلاَلِ بْنِ يِسَافٍ، عَنْ فَرْوَةَ بْنِ نَوْفَلٍ، قَالَ قُلْتُ لِعَائِشَةَ حَدِّثِينِي بِشَىْءٍ، كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَدْعُو بِهِ فِي صَلاَتِهِ ‏.‏ فَقَالَتْ نَعَمْ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا عَمِلْتُ وَمِنْ شَرِّ مَا لَمْ أَعْمَلْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 1307
In-book reference : Book 13, Hadith 129
English translation : Vol. 2, Book 13, Hadith 1308
https://sunnah.com/nasai/13/129

'Abdullah
01-23-2020, 06:31 PM
اللَّهُمَّ أَصْلِحْ لِي دِينِيَ الَّذِي هُوَ عِصْمَةُ أَمْرِي وَأَصْلِحْ لِي دُنْيَاىَ الَّتِي فِيهَا مَعَاشِي وَأَصْلِحْ لِي آخِرَتِي الَّتِي فِيهَا مَعَادِي وَاجْعَلِ الْحَيَاةَ زِيَادَةً لِي فِي كُلِّ خَيْرٍ وَاجْعَلِ الْمَوْتَ رَاحَةً لِي مِنْ كُلِّ شَرٍّ
Transliteration: Allahumma aṣliḥ lī dīn al-lathi huwa ‘iṣmatu amrī, wa aṣliḥ lī dunya-ya al-lati fīhā ma’āshī, wa aṣlih lī ākhirati al-lati fīhā ma’ādī, wa-ja’al al-ḥayāta ziyādatan lī fī kuli khayr, wa-ja’al al-mawta rāḥatan lī min kuli sharr
Translation: O Allah, set right for me my religion which is the safeguard of my affairs. And set right for me the affairs of my world wherein is my living. And set right for me my Hereafter on which depends my after-life. And make the life for me (a source) of abundance for every good and make my death a source of comfort for me protecting me against every evil.
Reference Hadith:
Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to supplicate (in these words):
" O Allah, set right for me my religion which is the safeguard of my affairs. And set right for me the affairs of my world wherein is my living. And set right for me my Hereafter on which depends my after-life. And make the life for me (a source) of abundance for every good and make my death a source of comfort for me protecting me against every evil."
حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ دِينَارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو قَطَنٍ، عَمْرُو بْنُ الْهَيْثَمِ الْقُطَعِيُّ عَنْ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ، بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ الْمَاجِشُونِ عَنْ قُدَامَةَ بْنِ مُوسَى، عَنْ أَبِي صَالِحٍ السَّمَّانِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ أَصْلِحْ لِي دِينِيَ الَّذِي هُوَ عِصْمَةُ أَمْرِي وَأَصْلِحْ لِي دُنْيَاىَ الَّتِي فِيهَا مَعَاشِي وَأَصْلِحْ لِي آخِرَتِي الَّتِي فِيهَا مَعَادِي وَاجْعَلِ الْحَيَاةَ زِيَادَةً لِي فِي كُلِّ خَيْرٍ وَاجْعَلِ الْمَوْتَ رَاحَةً لِي مِنْ كُلِّ شَرٍّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih Muslim 2720
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 96
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 35, Hadith 6565
https://sunnah.com/muslim/48/96

Selected Word Analysis
aṣliḥ: The root of this word has many meanings but in this duaa it means ‘reformation, restoration, mending, improvement and rectification’. This word is the opposite of fasad which means when there is imbalance in things.
‘Iṣmah: This word is from the root which means to protect, safeguard and defend. ‘Ismah means something that is a preservation, safeguard and a protection. In this supplication, it means that our religion is the most important matter to us.
Ma’āsh: This word is from the root which means to be alive. Ma’ash means livelihood.
Ma’ād: From the root which means to return and go back, Ma’ad is the place of return or home.
Ziyādah: From the root which means to increase, enlarge and make abundant.
Rāḥah: This word means rest, comfort and to do something with ease.
Points of Benefit
“Set right for me my religion which is the safeguard of my affairs”
The Prophet (peace be upon him) told Mu’adh (radi Allahu anhu),
“Shall I not inform you of the head of the matter, its pillar and its peak?” I said, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” He said, “The head of the matter is Islam.” [at-Tirmidhi]
Islam is the most important aspect of our life. Islam is everyday. It is our lifestyle. Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala addresses the believers by saying:
“Believers! Enter completely into Islam.” [Quran 2:208]
“Set right for me the affairs of my world wherein is my living.”
The Prophet recognized the importance of the worldly life. As Muslims, we do not remove ourselves completely from this world, rather we take our sustenance from the dunya but at the same time, our focus and goal is working for the hereafter.
“Set right for me my Hereafter to which is my return.”
Paradise is our home. When the believers enter Paradise and the Angels greet them, they will say:
“Excellent indeed is the final home!” [Quran 13:24]
On the other hand, Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala says about the inhabitants of the Fire:
“for them is the unhappy (evil) home.” [Quran 13:25]
“Make the life for me (a source) of abundance for every good.”
As long as the righteous believer lives on this earth, his good deeds increase.
The Prophet said: “The best of people is the one who lives a long life and whose actions are good.”[at-Tirmidhi]
Shaykh ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullah) says about this hadith, “When someone lives a long life in obedience to Allah, their rank in the hereafter is augmented because every good deed they do brings them closer to Allah. Only Allah is in control of how long we live, but there are certain deeds that lengthen one’s life such as joining ties of the womb. For some people, a longer life is not good for them because it only increases them in sin. This is why we never ask Allah for a longer life only, rather we say:
“O Allah grant us a long life in your obedience and worship.” [Sharh Riyad as-Saliheen, 11/104]
“Make my death a source of comfort for me protecting me against every evil.”
Death is a relief (rāḥah) for the believer.
A funeral procession passed by Allah’s Messenger who said, “relieved (mustarīḥ) or relieving (mustarāḥ)?” The people asked, “O Allah’s Apostle! What is relieved and relieving?” He said, “A believer is relieved (by death) from the troubles and hardships of the world and leaves for the Mercy of Allah, while (the death of) a wicked person relieves the people, the land, the trees, (and) the animals from him.” [Bukhari]
How can death be a relief when we all fear it? A’ishah asked a similar question to the Prophet and he said:
“when the time of the death of a believer approaches, he receives the good news of Allah’s pleasure with him and His blessings upon him, and so at that time nothing is dearer to him than what is in front of him. He therefore loves the meeting with Allah, and Allah loves the meeting with him. But when the time of the death of a disbeliever approaches, he receives the evil news of Allah’s torment and His Requital, whereupon nothing is more hateful to him than what is before him. Therefore, he hates the meeting with Allah, and Allah too, hates the meeting with him.” [Bukhari]
The Angels comfort the believer at the time of their death. Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala says:
Verily, those who say: “Our Lord is Allah (Alone),” and then they stand firm, on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): “Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!” [Quran 41:30]

'Abdullah
01-24-2020, 05:18 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أُشْرِكَ بِكَ وَأَنَا أَعْلَمُ ، وَأَسْتَغْفِرُكَ لِمَا لَا أَعْلَمُ
Transliteration: allaahumma innee a‛oodhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a‛lamu, wa astaghfiruka li maa laa a‛lam
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge with You lest I should commit shirk with You knowingly and I seek Your forgiveness for what I do unknowingly.
Benefit: Eliminates minor and major shirk from our hearts
Reference Hadith:
Maqil bin Yasar (ra) said that he came to the Prophet (ﷺ) with Abu Bakr (ra). He said, "O Abu Bakr, polytheism (The inconspicuous Shirk could be better translation) enters your people more quietly (secretly) than the movement of ants." Abu Bakr asked, "Is there a kind of polytheism besides associating anything with Allah?" The Prophet (ﷺ) said," By him who has my life in his power, (polytheism) is more concealed than the movement of ants. Shall I not teach you something which if you say will eliminate minor or major shirk (polytheism)?" He then said, "Say `O Allah! I seek refuge in you lest I associate anything with you while I know it, and I seek your forgiveness for what I do not know.’"

حَدَّثَنَا عَبَّاسٌ النَّرْسِيُّ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَاحِدِ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا لَيْثٌ قَالَ‏:‏ أَخْبَرَنِي رَجُلٌ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْبَصْرَةِ قَالَ‏:‏ سَمِعْتُ مَعْقِلَ بْنَ يَسَارٍ يَقُولُ‏:‏ انْطَلَقْتُ مَعَ أَبِي بَكْرٍ الصِّدِّيقِ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم، فَقَالَ‏:‏ يَا أَبَا بَكْرٍ، لَلشِّرْكُ فِيكُمْ أَخْفَى مِنْ دَبِيبِ النَّمْلِ، فَقَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ‏:‏ وَهَلِ الشِّرْكُ إِلاَّ مَنْ جَعَلَ مَعَ اللهِ إِلَهًا آخَرَ‏؟‏ فَقَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم‏:‏ وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ، لَلشِّرْكُ أَخْفَى مِنْ دَبِيبِ النَّمْلِ، أَلاَ أَدُلُّكَ عَلَى شَيْءٍ إِذَا قُلْتَهُ ذَهَبَ عَنْكَ قَلِيلُهُ وَكَثِيرُهُ‏؟‏ قَالَ‏:‏ قُلِ‏:‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أُشْرِكَ بِكَ وَأَنَا أَعْلَمُ، وَأَسْتَغْفِرُكَ لِمَا لا أَعْلَمُ‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference : Book 1, Hadith 113
English reference : Book 31, Hadith 716
Arabic reference : Book 1, Hadith 716
http://sunnah.com/adab/31/113

Pay special attention to the word I wrote in green text. Shirk Khafi is more concealed than the movement of black ants in pitch darkness. May Allah save us from all type of shirk. Ameen!
Shirk Al-Khafi may lead a person into questioning the Decree of Allah, and falling into sin. This can happen especially when faced with loss – be it the loss of a loved one or loss of wealth or status, which may also lead to becoming angry with Allah or worse, turning away from Allah altogether – May Allah protect us from that which displeases Him. Ameen!
It is therefore incumbent upon us as Muslims to purify our intentions on a daily basis, and remind ourselves that the tests and trials in life that we are faced with were already written for us. And what has happened in the past cannot be changed by thinking “had we done so and so..”. But rather, turn instead to Allah and learn lessons from our experiences and thank Allah and make Dua that through these trials, He makes us Stronger and Better Muslims in this life, to earn a greater reward in the Hereafter.

'Abdullah
01-27-2020, 05:42 PM
DUAS FOR PARENTS
رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا
Transliteration: Rabbi irhamhuma kama rabbayani sagheera
Translation: My Lord, have mercy upon them (parents) as they brought me up [when i was] small. [Quran 17:24]

رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِيْ مُقِيْمَ الصَّلٰوةِ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِيْ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاۗءِ

Transliteration: Rabbij-A’lnee Muqeemas’ S’alaati Wa Min D’urrriyyatee Rabbanaa Wa Taqabbal Du-A’aa
Rabbana ighfir lee waliwalidayya walilmumineena yawma yaqoomu alhisabu
Translation: O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation.
Our Lord, forgive me and my parents and the believers the Day the account is established.
[Quran 14:40-41]

'Abdullah
01-28-2020, 06:39 PM
DUAS FOR CHILDREN
رَبَّنا وَاجعَلنا مُسلِمَينِ لَكَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِنا أُمَّةً مُسلِمَةً لَكَ وَأَرِنا مَناسِكَنا وَتُب عَلَينا ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ التَّوّابُ الرَّحيمُ

Transliteration: Rabbana waijAAalna muslimayni laka wamin thurriyyatina ommatan muslimatan laka waarina manasikana watub AAalayna innaka anta alttawwabu alrraheem
Translation: Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. [Quran 2: 128]
رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِيْ مُقِيْمَ الصَّلٰوةِ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِيْ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاۗءِ
Transliteration: Rabbij-A’lnee Muqeemas’ S’alaati Wa Min D’urrriyyatee Rabbanaa Wa Taqabbal Du-A’aa Rabbana ighfir lee waliwalidayya walilmumineena yawma yaqoomu alhisabu
Translation: O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation. Our Lord, forgive me and my parents and the believers the Day the account is established. [Quran 14:40-41]
رَبَّنا هَب لَنا مِن أَزوٰجِنا وَذُرِّيّٰتِنا قُرَّةَ أَعيُنٍ وَاجعَلنا لِلمُتَّقينَ إِمامًا
Transliteration: Rabbana hab lana min azwaajinaa wa zurriyyaatina qurrata aAAyunin wajAAalnaa lilmuttaqeena imaamaa
Translation: O our Lord! grant us in our wives and our offspring the joy of our eyes and make us guides to those who guard (against evil) [Quran 25:74]

'Abdullah
01-29-2020, 11:12 PM
اَللّٰهُمَّ اَلِّفْ بَيْنَ قُلُوْبِنَا، وَأَصْلِحْ ذَاتَ بَيْنِنَا، وَاهْدِنَا سُبُلَ السَّلاَمِ، وَنَجِّنَا مِنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّوْرِ، وَجَنِّبْنَا الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ، وَبَارِكْ لَنَا فِىْ أَسْمَاعِنَا، وَأَبْصَارِنَا، وَقُلُوْبِنَا، وَأَزْوَاجِنَا، وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا، وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَآ اِنَّكَ أَنْتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيْمُ

Transliteration: Allahumma allif bayna Qhuluwbinaa, wa ‘ aSlih Dhaata bayninaa, waaHdinaa subula ssalami, wanajjinnaa mina ddhlumaati ‘ ila nnuwri, wa jannibnaa lfawaahiSha maa dhaHara minHaa wa maa batana, wa baarik lana fiy ‘ asmaaina, wa ‘ abSaarinaa, waQuluwbinaa, wa’azwaajinaa, waDhurriyyatina, watub alaynaaa innaka ‘ anta ttawwaabu rrahiyeem

Translation:
O Allah! Put affection amongst our hearts, set right
our matters between ourselves, guide us to the ways of peace, save us from darkness towards light, save us from all kinds of indecency; the apparent as well as the hidden, and bless our hearing, our seeing, our hearts, our spouses and our children, and turn in mercy upon us. Indeed Your are the One who greatly Accepts repentance, One who is repeatedly Merciful.

Source: Alhakim, Similar dua is also reported in Sunan Abi Dawud (link is below)
https://sunnah.com/abudawud/2/580

'Abdullah
01-30-2020, 04:38 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَمِنْ عَذَابِ النَّارِ، وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ، وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّالِ

Transliteration: Allahumma ini a`udhu bika min 'adhabi-l-Qabr, wa min 'adhabi-nnar, wa min fitnati-l-mahya wa-lmamat, wa min fitnati-l-masih ad-dajjal
Translation: O Allah! I seek refuge with you from the punishment in the grave and from the punishment in the Hell fire and from the afflictions of life and death, and the afflictions of Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal.
Reference Hadith:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to invoke (Allah): "Allahumma ini a`udhu bika min 'adhabi-l-Qabr, wa min 'adhabi-nnar, wa min fitnati-l-mahya wa-lmamat, wa min fitnati-l-masih ad-dajjal. (O Allah! I seek refuge with you from the punishment in the grave and from the punishment in the Hell fire and from the afflictions of life and death, and the afflictions of Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal."

حَدَّثَنَا مُسْلِمُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَدْعُو ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَمِنْ عَذَابِ النَّارِ، وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ، وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّالِ ‏"‏‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 1377
In-book reference: Book 23, Hadith 130
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 23, Hadith 459
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/23/130

In another hadith, Abu Huraira reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: When any one of you completes the last tashahhud. he should seek refuge with Allah from four (trials). I.e. from the torment of Hell, from the torment of grave, from the trial of life and death, and from the mischief of Masih at-Dajjal (Antichrist). This hadith has been narrated by al-Auza'i with the same chain of transmitters but with these words:" When any one of you completes the tashahhud" and he made no mention of the words" the last".

وَحَدَّثَنِي زُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا الْوَلِيدُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ، حَدَّثَنِي الأَوْزَاعِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا حَسَّانُ بْنُ عَطِيَّةَ، حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَبِي عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ، يَقُولُ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ إِذَا فَرَغَ أَحَدُكُمْ مِنَ التَّشَهُّدِ الآخِرِ فَلْيَتَعَوَّذْ بِاللَّهِ مِنْ أَرْبَعٍ مِنْ عَذَابِ جَهَنَّمَ وَمِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ وَمِنْ شَرِّ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّالِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَحَدَّثَنِيهِ الْحَكَمُ بْنُ مُوسَى، حَدَّثَنَا هِقْلُ بْنُ زِيَادٍ، ح قَالَ وَحَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ خَشْرَمٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا عِيسَى، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ يُونُسَ - جَمِيعًا عَنِ الأَوْزَاعِيِّ، بِهَذَا الإِسْنَادِ وَقَالَ ‏"‏ إِذَا فَرَغَ أَحَدُكُمْ مِنَ التَّشَهُّدِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَلَمْ يَذْكُرِ ‏"‏ الآخِرَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 588 b
In-book reference: Book 5, Hadith 164
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 4, Hadith 1219
https://sunnah.com/muslim/5/164

From the above hadith we learned that this Dua shall be made after completing the last Tashhud. Which according to majority of scholars is after saying Darood-e-Ibrahami and before the Tasleem.
And Allah knows the best!

'Abdullah
01-31-2020, 04:40 PM
DUA BETWEEN TWO PROSTRATIONS
رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي
Transliteration: Rabbighfir lee, Rabbighfir lee
Translation: O Lord, forgive me. O Lord, forgive me.
Source: An-Nasa'i: 1146, 1666 Abu Dawud: 874 Ibn Majjah: 897
http://sunnah.com/nasai/12/117
http://sunnah.com/urn/1282450

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي، وَارْحَمْنِي، وَاهْدِنِي، وَاجْبُرْنِي، وَعَافِنِي، وَارْزُقْنِي، وَارْفَعْنِي
Transliteration: Allaahum-maghfir lee, warhamnee, wahdinee, wajburnee, wa 'aafinee, warzuqnee, warfa'nee
Translation: O Allah forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me, support me, protect me, provide for me and elevate me.
Source: Ibn Majah: 3845, 1517 At-Tirmidhi: 284
http://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/34/19
http://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/2/136

'Abdullah
02-03-2020, 09:53 PM
DUA AT THE END OF A GATHERING
سُبْحـانَكَ اللّهُـمَّ وَبِحَمدِك، أَشْهَـدُ أَنْ لا إِلهَ إِلاّ أَنْتَ أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتوبُ إِلَـيْك
Transliteration: Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bihamdika, 'ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta, 'astaghfiruka wa 'atoobu 'ilayka
Translation: Glory is to You, O Allah, and praise is to You. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but You. I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You.
Reference Hadith:
Narrated AbuBarzah al-Aslami:

When the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) intended to get up from the assembly he used to say in the last. Glory be to Thee. O Allah, and I begin with praise of Thee, I testify that there is no god but Thou; I ask Thy pardon, and return to Thee in repentance. The man asked: Messenger of Allah! you utter the words now which you did not do in the past? He replied: (This is an) atonement for what takes place in the assembly.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ حَاتِمٍ الْجَرْجَرَائِيُّ، وَعُثْمَانُ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، - الْمَعْنَى - أَنَّ عَبْدَةَ بْنَ سُلَيْمَانَ، أَخْبَرَهُمْ عَنِ الْحَجَّاجِ بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هَاشِمٍ، عَنْ أَبِي الْعَالِيَةِ، عَنْ أَبِي بَرْزَةَ الأَسْلَمِيِّ، قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ بِأَخَرَةٍ إِذَا أَرَادَ أَنْ يَقُومَ مِنَ الْمَجْلِسِ ‏"‏ سُبْحَانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَجُلٌ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ إِنَّكَ لَتَقُولُ قَوْلاً مَا كُنْتَ تَقُولُهُ فِيمَا مَضَى ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ كَفَّارَةٌ لِمَا يَكُونُ فِي الْمَجْلِسِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade: Hasan Sahih (Al-Albani)
Reference: Sunan Abi Dawud 4859
In-book reference: Book 43, Hadith 87
English translation: Book 42, Hadith 4841
http://sunnah.com/abudawud/43/87

'Abdullah
02-04-2020, 06:34 PM
اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّي أَعْوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الهَـمِّ وَ الْحُـزْنِ، والعًجْـزِ والكَسَلِ والبُخْـلِ والجُـبْنِ، وضَلْـعِ الـدَّيْنِ وغَلَبَـةِ الرِّجال

Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others).
Sources: Al-Bukhari: 2893, 5425, 6363, 6369

'Abdullah
02-05-2020, 10:56 PM
رَبَّنَا لَا تُؤَاخِذْنَآ اِنْ نَّسِيْنَآ اَوْ اَخْطَاْنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَآ اِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهٗ عَلَي الَّذِيْنَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهٖ ۚ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا ۪ وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ۪ وَارْحَمْنَا ۪ اَنْتَ مَوْلٰىنَا فَانْــصُرْنَا عَلَي الْقَوْمِ الْكٰفِرِيْنَ
Transliteration: Rabbanaa Laa Too-Akhid’naaa In-Naseenaa Aw Akht’aanaa Rabbanaa wa Laa Tah’mil A’laynaaa Is’ran Kamaa Ha’maltahoo A’lal Lad’eena min Qablinaa Rabbanaa wa Laa Tuh’ammilnaa Maa Laa T’aaqata Lanaa Bih Wa’-Fu A’nnaa Waghfirlanaa Warh’amnaa Anta Mawlaanaa Fans’urnaa A’lal Qawmil Kaafireen
Translation: Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us; our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Supporter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."
Source: Quran 2:286

BayAreaWhiteMan
02-06-2020, 03:22 AM
Going to start working on my pronunciation so I can start practicing some of these. They will help me find guidance in my day-to-day life. Thanks everyone for sharing.

'Abdullah
02-06-2020, 10:15 PM
DUA OF PROPHET YUSUF (PEACE BE UPON HIM)
رَبِّ فاطِرَ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالأَرضِ أَنتَ وَلِيّۦ فِى الدُّنيا وَالءاخِرَةِ ۖ تَوَفَّنى مُسلِمًا وَأَلحِقنى بِالصّٰلِحينَ

Transliteration: Rabbi fatira alssamawati waalardi anta waliyyee fee alddunya waalakhirati tawaffanee musliman waalhiqnee bialssaliheen

Translation: My Lord! Originator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my guardian in this world and the hereafter; make me die a Muslim and join me with the good.

Source: Quran 12:101

'Abdullah
02-07-2020, 06:27 PM
THE ULTIMATE PAIN KILLER
بِاسْمِ اللَّهِ Three (03) Times
أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ وَقُدْرَتِهِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا أَجِدُ وَأُحَاذِرُ Seven (07) Times

Uthman b. Abu al-'As Al-Thaqafi reported that he made a complaint of pain to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) that he felt in his body at the time he had become Muslim. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said:
Place your hand at the place where you feel pain in your body and say Bismillah (in the name of Allah) three times and seven times A'udhu billahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajidu wa uhadhiru (I seek refuge with Allah and with His Power from the evil that I find and that I fear).

حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو الطَّاهِرِ، وَحَرْمَلَةُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، قَالاَ أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي يُونُسُ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي نَافِعُ بْنُ جُبَيْرِ بْنِ مُطْعِمٍ، عَنْ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ أَبِي الْعَاصِ الثَّقَفِيِّ، أَنَّهُ شَكَا إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَجَعًا يَجِدُهُ فِي جَسَدِهِ مُنْذُ أَسْلَمَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ لَهُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ ضَعْ يَدَكَ عَلَى الَّذِي تَأَلَّمَ مِنْ جَسَدِكَ وَقُلْ بِاسْمِ اللَّهِ ‏.‏ ثَلاَثًا ‏.‏ وَقُلْ سَبْعَ مَرَّاتٍ أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ وَقُدْرَتِهِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا أَجِدُ وَأُحَاذِرُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 2202
In-book reference: Book 39, Hadith 91
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 26, Hadith 5462
https://sunnah.com/muslim/39/91

'Abdullah
02-10-2020, 07:44 PM
اللَّهُمَّ بَاعِدْ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَ خَطَايَايَ كَمَا بَاعَدْتَ بَيْنَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ، اللَّهُمَّ نَقِّنِي مِنْ خَطَايَايَ، كَمَا يُنَقَّى الثَّوْبُ الْأَ بْيَضُ مِنَ الدَّنَسِ، اللَّهُمَّ اغْسِلْنِي مِنْ خَطَايَايَ بِالثَّلْجِ وّالْمَاءِ وَالْبَرَدِ
Transliteration: Allaahumma baa'id baynee wa bayna khataayaaya kamaa baa'adta baynal-mashriqi walmaghribi, Allaahumma naqqinee min khataayaaya kamaa yunaqqath-thawbul-'abyadhu minad-danasi, Allaahum-maghsilnee min khataayaaya, bith-thalji walmaa'i walbarad
Translation: O Allah! separate me from my sins as You have separated the East from the West. O Allah, cleanse me of my transgressions as the white garment is cleansed of stains. O Allah! wash away my sins with ice and water and frost.
Source: Muslim: 598

'Abdullah
02-11-2020, 07:31 PM
اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّي أَعْوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الهَـمِّ وَ الْحُـزْنِ، والعًجْـزِ والكَسَلِ والبُخْـلِ والجُـبْنِ، وضَلْـعِ الـدَّيْنِ وغَلَبَـةِ الرِّجال
Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others).
Source: Al-Bukhari: 2893, 5425, 6363, 6369

'Abdullah
02-12-2020, 05:38 PM
رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوْبَنَا بَعْدَ اِذْ ھَدَيْتَنَا وَھَبْ لَنَا مِنْ لَّدُنْكَ رَحْمَةً ۚ اِنَّكَ اَنْتَ الْوَھَّابُ

Transliteration: Rabbanaa Laa Tuzigh Quloobanaa Ba’-Da Id’hadaytanaa Wa Hab Lanaa Mil Ladunka Rah’mah Innaka Antal Wahaab
Translation: Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower.
Source: Quran 3:8

'Abdullah
02-13-2020, 05:12 PM
اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي مَا قَدَّمْتُ وَمَا أَخَّرْتُ وَمَا أَسْرَرْتُ وَمَا أَعْلَنْتُ وَمَا أَسْرَفْتُ وَمَا أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّي أَنْتَ الْمُقَدِّمُ وَأَنْتَ الْمُؤَخِّرُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ
Transliteration:
Allaahum-maghfir lee maa qaddamtu, wa maa 'akhkhartu, wa maa 'asrartu, wa maa 'a'lantu, wa maa 'asraftu, wa maa 'Anta 'a'lamu bihi minnee. 'Antal-Muqaddimu, wa 'Antal-Mu'akhkhiru laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta
Translation:
O Allah, forgive me what I have sent before me and what I have left behind me, what I have concealed and what I have done openly, what I have done in excess , and what You are better aware of than I . You are the One Who sends forth and You are the One Who delays . There is none worthy of worship but You.
Reference Hadith:
'Ali b. Abi Talib said:
When the Prophet (ﷺ) uttered salutation at the end of the prayer, he used to say: "O Allah, forgive me my former and latter sins, what I have kept secret and what I have done openly, and what I have done extravagance; and what You know better than I do. You are the Advancer, the Delayer, there is no god but You."
حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُعَاذٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْعَزِيزِ بْنُ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ عَمِّهِ الْمَاجِشُونَ بْنِ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ الأَعْرَجِ، عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ أَبِي رَافِعٍ، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، قَالَ كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِذَا سَلَّمَ مِنَ الصَّلاَةِ قَالَ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي مَا قَدَّمْتُ وَمَا أَخَّرْتُ وَمَا أَسْرَرْتُ وَمَا أَعْلَنْتُ وَمَا أَسْرَفْتُ وَمَا أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّي أَنْتَ الْمُقَدِّمُ وَأَنْتَ الْمُؤَخِّرُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 1509
In-book reference : Book 8, Hadith 94
http://sunnah.com/abudawud/8/94

MazharShafiq
02-14-2020, 02:23 PM
And We send down of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe… (Quran, Surah Al-Israa, 17:82)

'Abdullah
02-14-2020, 06:38 PM
سُبْحَانَكَ لاَ عِلْمَ لَنَا إِلاَّ مَا عَلَّمْتَنَا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَلِيمُ الْحَكِيمُ

Transliteration: Subhanaka la ‘ilma lana ‘illa ma ‘allamtana ‘innaka ‘antal-‘Alimul Hakim
Translation: Glory be to you, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise
Source: Surah Baqarah; 2:32

'Abdullah
02-21-2020, 04:43 PM
اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ جِبْرِيلَ وَمِيكَائِيلَ وَإِسْرَافِيلَ فَاطِرَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ أَنْتَ تَحْكُمُ بَيْنَ عِبَادِكَ فِيمَا كَانُوا فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي لِمَا اخْتُلِفَ فِيهِ مِنَ الْحَقِّ إِنَّكَ تَهْدِي مَنْ تَشَاءُ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ

Transliteration: Allahumma Rabba Jibril wa Maika'il wa Israfil; Fatirus-samawati wal-ard, 'alim al-ghaybi wash-shahadah, anta tahkumu bayna 'ibadika fima kanu fihi yakhtalifun, Allahumma ihdini limakktulifa fihi min al-haqq innaka tahdi man tasha'ila siratin mustaqim

Translation:
O Allah, Lord of Jibril, Mika'il and Israfil, Creator of the heavens and the earth, Knower of the unseen and the seen, You judge between Your slaves concerning wherein they differ. O Allah, guide me to the disputed matters of truth for You are the One Who guides to the Straight Path.

Reference Hadith:

Abu Salamah bin 'Abdur-Rahman said:
"I asked 'Aishah: 'With what did the Prophet (ﷺ) start his prayer?' She said: 'When he got up to pray at night he would start his prayer with the words: Allahumma Rabba Jibril wa Maika'il wa Israfil; Fatirus-samawati wal-ard, 'alim al-ghaybi wash-shahadah, anta tahkumu bayna 'ibadika fima kanu fihi yakhtalifun, Allahumma ihdini limakktulifa fihi min al-haqq innaka tahdi man tasha'ila siratin mustaqim (O Allah, Lord of Jibril, Mika'il and Israfil, Creator of the heavens and the earth, Knower of the unseen and the seen, You judge between Your slaves concerning wherein they differ. O Allah, guide me to the disputed matters of truth for You are the One Who guides to the Straight Path)."

أَخْبَرَنَا الْعَبَّاسُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الْعَظِيمِ، قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا عُمَرُ بْنُ يُونُسَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عِكْرِمَةُ بْنُ عَمَّارٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي يَحْيَى بْنُ أَبِي كَثِيرٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو سَلَمَةَ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، قَالَ سَأَلْتُ عَائِشَةَ بِأَىِّ شَىْءٍ كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَفْتَتِحُ صَلاَتَهُ قَالَتْ كَانَ إِذَا قَامَ مِنَ اللَّيْلِ افْتَتَحَ صَلاَتَهُ قَالَ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ جِبْرِيلَ وَمِيكَائِيلَ وَإِسْرَافِيلَ فَاطِرَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ أَنْتَ تَحْكُمُ بَيْنَ عِبَادِكَ فِيمَا كَانُوا فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي لِمَا اخْتُلِفَ فِيهِ مِنَ الْحَقِّ إِنَّكَ تَهْدِي مَنْ تَشَاءُ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sunan an-Nasa'i 1625
In-book reference: Book 20, Hadith 28
English translation: Vol. 2, Book 20, Hadith 1626
https://sunnah.com/nasai/20/28

MazharShafiq
02-21-2020, 05:12 PM
اللَّهمَّ بَارِكْ لَهُمْ فِيْمَا رَزَقْتَهُمْ، وَاغْفِرْ لَهُمْ وَارْحَمْهُمْ.
‘O Allah, bless for them, that which You have provided them, forgive them and have mercy upon them.’

MazharShafiq
02-24-2020, 11:28 AM
لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ الْحَلِيْمُ الْحَكِيْمُ لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيْم

لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ رَبُّ السَّمَاوَاتَ وَاْلاَرْضِ وَرَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْكَرِيْمِ ط

Transliteration – “Laa ilaaha il’lal laahul Haleemul Hakeemu – Laa ilaaha il’lal laahu Rab’bul Arshil Azeem – Laa ilaaha il’lal laahu Rab’bus Samawaati wal Ardi wa Rab’bul Arshil Kareem”.
Translation – “There is none worthy of worship except Al’laah, The Fore-bearing, The All Wise. There is none worthy of worship except Al’laah, The Lord of the Exalted Throne. There is none worthy of worship except Al’laah, The Lord of the Skies and The Lord of the Earth and the Lord of the distinguished Throne”. [Tirmidhi Vol.2 Pg. 181]

'Abdullah
02-26-2020, 06:38 PM
اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَاهْدِنِي وَارْزُقْنِي وَعَافِنِي أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنْ ضِيقِ الْمَقَامِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ
Transliteration: Allahummaghfirli, wahdini, warzuqni wa 'afini. A'udhu billahi min diqil-maqami yawmal-qiyamah
Translation: O Allah, forgive me, guide me, grant me provision and good health. I seek refuge with Allah from the difficulty of standing on the Day of Resurrection
Reference Hadith:
It was narrated that 'Asim bin Humaid said:
"I asked 'Aishah with what did he- meaning the Prophet (ﷺ)- start Qiyam Al-Lail? She said: 'You have asked me something which no one before you has asked. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to say the takbir ten times, the tahmid ten times, the tasbih ten times, and the tahlil ten times, and pray for forgiveness ten times, and say: Allahummaghfirli, wahdini, warzuqni wa 'afini. A'udhu billahi min diqil-maqami yawmal-qiyamah (O Allah, forgive me, guide me, grant me provision and good health. I seek refuge with Allah from the difficulty of standing on the Day of Resurrection.)"

أَخْبَرَنَا عِصْمَةُ بْنُ الْفَضْلِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا زَيْدُ بْنُ الْحُبَابِ، عَنْ مُعَاوِيَةَ بْنِ صَالِحٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا الأَزْهَرُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ عَاصِمِ بْنِ حُمَيْدٍ، قَالَ سَأَلْتُ عَائِشَةَ بِمَا كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَسْتَفْتِحُ قِيَامَ اللَّيْلِ قَالَتْ لَقَدْ سَأَلْتَنِي عَنْ شَىْءٍ مَا سَأَلَنِي عَنْهُ أَحَدٌ قَبْلَكَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُكَبِّرُ عَشْرًا وَيَحْمَدُ عَشْرًا وَيُسَبِّحُ عَشْرًا وَيُهَلِّلُ عَشْرًا وَيَسْتَغْفِرُ عَشْرًا وَيَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَاهْدِنِي وَارْزُقْنِي وَعَافِنِي أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنْ ضِيقِ الْمَقَامِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 1617
In-book reference : Book 20, Hadith 20
English translation : Vol. 2, Book 20, Hadith 1618
https://sunnah.com/nasai/20/20

'Abdullah
02-27-2020, 04:17 PM
اللهم إني أعوذ بك من البرص والجنون، والجذام، وسيئ الأسقام
Transliteration: Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-barasi, wal- jununi, wal-judhami, wa sayyi'il-asqami
Translation: O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leucoderma, insanity, leprosy and evil diseases

Reference Hadith:
Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-barasi, wal- jununi, wal-judhami, wa sayyi'il-asqami' (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leucoderma, insanity, leprosy and evil diseases)."[Abu Dawud].

وعن أنس رضي الله عنه أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم، كان يقول‏:‏ ‏ "‏اللهم إني أعوذ بك من البرص والجنون، والجذام، وسيئ الأسقام‏"‏‏.‏ رواه أبو داود بإسناد صحيح‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference : Book 17, Hadith 20
Arabic/English book reference : Book 17, Hadith 1484
https://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/17/20

'Abdullah
02-27-2020, 04:29 PM
اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في بَدَنـي ، اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في سَمْـعي ، اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في بَصَـري ، لا إلهَ إلاّ أَنْـتَ. اللّهُـمَّ إِنّـي أَعـوذُبِكَ مِنَ الْكُـفر ، وَالفَـقْر ، وَأَعـوذُبِكَ مِنْ عَذابِ القَـبْر ، لا إلهَ إلاّ أَنْـتَ
Transliteration:
Allaahumma 'aafinee fee badanee, Allaahumma 'aafinee fee sam'ee, Allaahumma 'aafinee fee basaree, laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-kufri, walfaqri, wa 'a'oothu bika min 'athaabil-qabri, laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta.
Translation:
O Allah, make me healthy in my body. O Allah, preserve for me my hearing. O Allah, preserve for me my sight. There is none worthy of worship but You . O Allah , I seek refuge in You from disbelief and poverty and I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave . There is none worthy of worship but You.

Reference Hadith:

'Abdu'r-Rahman ibn Abi Bakra reported that he said to his father, "I heard you making this supplication every morning:
'O Allah, make me healthy in my body. O Allah, make me healthy in my hearing. O Allah, make me healthy in my sight. There is no god but You.' and repeat it three times in the evening and three times in the morning. You say, 'O Allah, I seek refuge with You from disbelief and poverty. O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the punishment of the grave. There is no god but You,' and you repeat it three times in the evening and three times in the morning." He replied, :Yes, my son. I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say them and I like to follow his sunna."

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْمَلِكِ بْنُ عَمْرٍو، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْجَلِيلِ، عَنْ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مَيْمُونٍ قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ أَبِي بَكْرَةَ، أَنَّهُ قَالَ لأَبِيهِ‏:‏ يَا أَبَتِ، إِنِّي أَسْمَعُكَ تَدْعُو كُلَّ غَدَاةٍ‏:‏ اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَدَنِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي سَمْعِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَصَرِي، لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، تُعِيدُهَا ثَلاَثًا حِينَ تُمْسِي، وَحِينَ تُصْبِحُ ثَلاَثًا، وَتَقُولُ‏:‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْكُفْرِ وَالْفَقْرِ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، تُعِيدُهَا ثَلاَثًا حِينَ تُمْسِي، وَحِينَ تُصْبِحُ ثَلاَثًا، فَقَالَ‏:‏ نَعَمْ، يَا بُنَيَّ، سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ بِهِنَّ، وَأَنَا أُحِبُّ أَنْ أَسْتَنَّ بِسُنَّتِهِ‏.‏
Grade: Hasan (Al-Albani)
Sunnah.com reference : Book 1, Hadith 98
English reference : Book 31, Hadith 701
Arabic reference : Book 1, Hadith 701
https://sunnah.com/adab/31/98

MazharShafiq
02-28-2020, 09:28 AM
“‏ اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي جَسَدِي وَعَافِنِي فِي بَصَرِي وَاجْعَلْهُ الْوَارِثَ مِنِّي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ الْحَلِيمُ الْكَرِيمُ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ ‏”

Aishah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to say: “O Allah, grant me health in my body, and grant me health in my sight, and make it the inheritor from me, there is none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Forbearing, the Generous, Glory is to Allah, the Lord of the Magnificent Throne, and all praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all that exists (Allāhumma `āfinī fī jasadi, wa `āfinī fī baṣarī, waj`alhul-wāritha minnī, lā ilāha illāllah, al-ḥalīmul-karīm, subḥān Allāhi rabbil-`arshil-aẓīm, wal-ḥamdulillāhi rabbil-`alamīn).” (Tirmidhi)

MazharShafiq
02-28-2020, 09:29 AM
اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَاهْدِنِي وَارْزُقْنِي وَعَافِنِي

It was narrated that ‘Asim bin Humaid said: “I asked ‘Aishah with what the Messenger of Allah [SAW] would start Qiyam Al-Lail. She said: ‘You have asked me about something that no one else has asked me about. He used to say Allahu Akbar ten times, and Subhan-Allah ten times, and Istaghfir-Allah ten times, and he would say, Allahummaghfirli, wahdini, warzuqni, wa’afini (O Allah, forgive me, guide me, grant me provision and give me good health,) and he would seek refuge from the difficulty of the standing on the Day of Resurrection.’” (Sunan an-Nasa’i)

'Abdullah
03-02-2020, 06:04 PM
DUA AT THE START OF PRAYER
وَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّذِي فَطَرَ السَّموَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ حَنِيفاً وَمَا أَنَا مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ، إِنَّ صَلَاتِي، وَنُسُكِي، وَمَحْيَايَ، وَمَمَاتِي للهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ، لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَبِذَلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ. اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ الْمَلِكُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، أَنْتَ رَبِّي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي وَاعْتَرَفْتُ بَذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي ذُنُوبِي جَمِيعاً إِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، وَاهْدِنِي لأّحْسَنِ الْأَخْلَاقِ لَا يَهْدِي لأَحْسَنِهَا إِلَّا أَنْتَ، وَاصْرِفْ عَنِّي سَيِّئَهَا لَا يَصْرِفُ عَنِّي سَيِّئَهَا إِلَّا أَنْتَ، لَبَّيْكَ وَسَعْدَيْكَ، وَالْخَيْرُ كُلُّهُ بِيَدَيْكَ، وَالشَّرُّ لَيْسَ إِلَيْكَ، أَنَا بِكَ وَإِلَيْكَ، تَبَارَكْتَ وَتَعَالَيْتَ، أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ

Transliteration:
Wajjahtu wajhiya lillathee fataras-samawati wal-arda haneefan wama ana minal-mushrikeen, inna salatee wanusukee wamahyaya wamamatee lillahi rabbil-AAalameen, la shareeka lahu wabithalika omirtu wa-ana minal-muslimeen. Allahumma antal-maliku la ilaha illa ant. anta rabbee wa-ana AAabduk, thalamtu nafsee waAAtaraftu bithanbee faghfir lee thunoobee jameeAAan innahu la yaghfiruth-thunooba illa ant.wahdinee li-ahsanil-akhlaqi la yahdee li-ahsaniha illa ant, wasrif AAannee sayyi-aha la yasrifu AAannee sayyi-aha illa ant, labbayka wasaAAdayk,walkhayru kulluhu biyadayk, washsharru laysa ilayk, ana bika wa-ilayk, tabarakta wataAAalayt, astaghfiruka wa-atoobu ilayk.
Translation:
I have turned my face sincerely towards He who has brought forth the heavens and the Earth and I am not of those who associate (others with Allah). Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, Lord of the worlds, no partner has He, with this I am commanded and I am of the Muslims. O Allah, You are the Sovereign, none has the right to be worshipped except You. You are my Lord and I am Your servant, I have wronged my own soul and have acknowledged my sin, so forgive me all my sins for no one forgives sins except You. Guide me to the best of characters for none can guide to it other than You, and deliver me from the worst of characters for none can deliver me from it other than You. Here I am, in answer to Your call, happy to serve you. All good is within Your hands and evil does not stem from You. I exist by your will and will return to you. Blessed and High are You, I seek Your forgiveness and repent unto You
DUA IN RUKU
اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ رَكَعْتُ وَبِكَ آمَنْتُ وَلَكَ أَسْلَمْتُ خَشَعَ لَكَ سَمْعِي وَبَصَرِي وَمُخِّي وَعَظْمِي وَعَصَبِي
Transliteration:
Allaahumma laka raka'tu, wa bika 'aamantu, wa laka 'aslamtu khasha'a laka sam'ee, wa basaree, wa mukhkhee, wa 'adhmee, wa 'asabee
Translation:
O Allah, to You I bow (in prayer) and in You I believe and to You I have submitted. Before You my hearing is humbled, as is my sight, my mind, my bones, and my nerves.

DUA AFTER STANDING FROM RUKU
اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَا لَكَ الْحَمْدُ مِلْءَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَمِلْءَ الأَرْضِ وَمِلْءَ مَا بَيْنَهُمَا وَمِلْءَ مَا شِئْتَ مِنْ شَىْءٍ بَعْدُ
Transliteration
Allahumma Rabbana Lakal Hamd Mil'as-samaawaati wa mU'al-'ardhi wa mil'a maa baynahumaa, wa mil'a maa shi'ta min shay 'in ba'd.
Translation
O Allah, Our Lord, all praises belong to you. (A praise that) fills the heavens and the earth and what lies between them, and whatever else You please.

DUA IN SAJOOD
اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ سَجَدْتُ وَبِكَ آمَنْتُ، وَلَكَ أَسْلَمْتُ، سَجَدَ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّذِي خَلَقَهُ، وَصَوَّرَهُ، وَشَقَّ سَمْعَهُ وَبَصَرَهُ، تَبَارَكَ اللهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Transliteration:
Allaahumma laka sajadtu wa bika 'aamantu, wa laka 'aslamtu, sajada wajhiya lillathee khalaqahu, wa sawwarahu, wa shaqqa sam'ahu wa basarahu, tabaarakallaahu 'ahsanul-khaaliqeen.
Translation:
O Allah, to You I prostrate myself and in You I believe. To You I have submitted. My face is prostrated to the One Who created it, fashioned it, and gave it hearing and sight. Blessed is Allah, the Best of creators.

DUA AFTER THE LAST TASHHUD AND BEFORE TASLEEM
اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي مَا قَدَّمْتُ وَمَا أَخَّرْتُ وَمَا أَسْرَرْتُ وَمَا أَعْلَنْتُ وَمَا أَسْرَفْتُ وَمَا أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّي أَنْتَ الْمُقَدِّمُ وَأَنْتَ الْمُؤَخِّرُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ
Transliteration:
Allaahum-maghfir lee maa qaddamtu, wa maa 'akhkhartu, wa maa 'asrartu, wa maa 'a'lantu, wa maa 'asraftu, wa maa 'Anta 'a'lamu bihi minnee. 'Antal-Muqaddimu, wa 'Antal-Mu'akhkhiru laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta.
Translation:
O Allah, forgive me what I have sent before me and what I have left behind me, what I have concealed and what I have done openly, what I have done in excess, and what You are better aware of than I. You are the One Who sends forth and You are the One Who delays. There is none worthy of worship but You.

REFERNCE HADITH FOR DUAS MENTIONED ABOVE

'Ali b. Abu Talib reported that when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) got up at night for prayer he would say:
I turn my face in complete devotion to One Who is the Originator of the heaven and the earth and I am not of the polytheists. Verily my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the worlds; There is no partner with Him and this is what I have been commanded (to profess and believe) and I am of the believers. O Allah, Thou art the King, there is no god but Thee, Thou art my Lord, and I am Thy bondman. I wronged myself and make a confession of my Sin. Forgive all my sins, for no one forgives the sins but Thee, and guide me in the best of conduct for none but Thee guideth anyone (in) good conduct. Remove sins from me, for none else but Thou can remove sins from me. Here I am at Thy service, and Grace is to Thee and the whole of good is in Thine hand, and one cannot get nearneststo Thee through evil. My (power as well as existence) is due to Thee (Thine grace) and I turn to Thee (for supplication). Thou art blessed and Thou art exalted. I seek forgiveness from Thee and turn to Thee in repentance: and when he would bow, he would say: O Allah, it is for Thee that I bowed. I affirm my faith in Thee and I submit to Thee, and submit humbly before Thee my hearing, my eyesight, my marrow, my bone, my sinew; and when he would raise his head, he would say: O Allah, our Lord, praise is due to Thee, (the praise) with which is filled the heavens and the earth, and with which is filled that (space) which exists between them, and filled with anything that Thou desireth afterward. And when he prostrated himself, he (the Holy Prophet) would say: O Allah, it is to Thee that I prostrate myself and it is in Thee that I affirm my faith, and I submit to Thee. My face is submitted before One Who created it, and shaped it, and opened his faculties of hearing and seeing. Blessed is Allah, the best of Creators; and he would then say between Tashahhud and the pronouncing of salutation: Forgive me of the earlier and later open and secret (sins) and that where I made transgression and that Thou knowest better than I. Thou art the First and the Last. There is no god, but Thee.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَبِي بَكْرٍ الْمُقَدَّمِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا يُوسُفُ الْمَاجِشُونُ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، عَنْ عَبْدِ، الرَّحْمَنِ الأَعْرَجِ عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ أَبِي رَافِعٍ، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَنَّهُ كَانَ إِذَا قَامَ إِلَى الصَّلاَةِ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّذِي فَطَرَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا أَنَا مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ إِنَّ صَلاَتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَاىَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَبِذَلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ الْمَلِكُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ ‏.‏ أَنْتَ رَبِّي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي وَاعْتَرَفْتُ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي ذُنُوبِي جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ وَاهْدِنِي لأَحْسَنِ الأَخْلاَقِ لاَ يَهْدِي لأَحْسَنِهَا إِلاَّ أَنْتَ وَاصْرِفْ عَنِّي سَيِّئَهَا لاَ يَصْرِفُ عَنِّي سَيِّئَهَا إِلاَّ أَنْتَ لَبَّيْكَ وَسَعْدَيْكَ وَالْخَيْرُ كُلُّهُ فِي يَدَيْكَ وَالشَّرُّ لَيْسَ إِلَيْكَ أَنَا بِكَ وَإِلَيْكَ تَبَارَكْتَ وَتَعَالَيْتَ أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَإِذَا رَكَعَ قَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ رَكَعْتُ وَبِكَ آمَنْتُ وَلَكَ أَسْلَمْتُ خَشَعَ لَكَ سَمْعِي وَبَصَرِي وَمُخِّي وَعَظْمِي وَعَصَبِي ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَإِذَا رَفَعَ قَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَا لَكَ الْحَمْدُ مِلْءَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَمِلْءَ الأَرْضِ وَمِلْءَ مَا بَيْنَهُمَا وَمِلْءَ مَا شِئْتَ مِنْ شَىْءٍ بَعْدُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَإِذَا سَجَدَ قَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ سَجَدْتُ وَبِكَ آمَنْتُ وَلَكَ أَسْلَمْتُ سَجَدَ وَجْهِي لِلَّذِي خَلَقَهُ وَصَوَّرَهُ وَشَقَّ سَمْعَهُ وَبَصَرَهُ تَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ ثُمَّ يَكُونُ مِنْ آخِرِ مَا يَقُولُ بَيْنَ التَّشَهُّدِ وَالتَّسْلِيمِ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي مَا قَدَّمْتُ وَمَا أَخَّرْتُ وَمَا أَسْرَرْتُ وَمَا أَعْلَنْتُ وَمَا أَسْرَفْتُ وَمَا أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّي أَنْتَ الْمُقَدِّمُ وَأَنْتَ الْمُؤَخِّرُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 771 a
In-book reference: Book 6, Hadith 240
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 4, Hadith 1695
http://sunnah.com/muslim/6/240

'Abdullah
03-02-2020, 08:07 PM
DUA BETWEEN TWO SAJOOD/PROSTRATIONS

Please refer to my post#44 in this thread, link is below:
Duas

Duas - Page 3
Dua means act of supplication. It is calling out to God; it is a conversation with God, our Creator, our Lord, the All Knowing, and the All Powerful. D...

MazharShafiq
03-03-2020, 11:13 AM
[https://www]

Play Du’a

Reference

Abu Dawud 3/34 , At-Trimidi 5/501, 3/156

Pronunciation

Subha-nal-lazi sakh-kha ralana haza wama kunna lahu mukhri-nee-n, wa-inna ila rabbina lamun-qaliboon, AAaiboona, ta-iboona, AAabidoona, lirabbina hamidoon

Translation

Allah is pure, He has given control and without His power we would not have any control Without doubt we are to return to him, We return, repent, worship and praise our Lord

'Abdullah
03-03-2020, 10:13 PM
DUA BEFORE SLEEPING

اللَّهمَّ خَلَقْتَ نَفْسِي وَأَنْتَ تَوَفَّاهَا لَكَ مَمَاتُهَا وَمَحْيَاهَا، إِنْ أَحْيَيْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا، وَإِنْ أَمَتَّهَا فَاغْفِرْ لَهَا. اللَّهمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ العَافِيَةَ

Transliteration:

Allahumma khalaqta nafsee wa-anta tawaffaha, laka mamatuha wamahyaha in ahyaytaha fahfathha, wa-in amattaha faghfir laha. Allahumma innee as-alukal-AAafiyah.

Translation:

O Allah, You have created my soul and You shall take its life, to You belongs its life and death. If You should keep my soul alive then protect it, and if You should take its life then forgive it. O Allah, I ask You to grant me good health.

Reference Hadith:
Abdullah b. 'Umar commanded a person that as he went to bed, he should say:
" O Allah, Thou created my being and it is for Thee to take it to its ultimate goal. And its death and life is due to Thee, and if Thou givest it life, safeguard it; and if Thou bringst death, grant it pardon. O Allah, I beg of Thee safety." A person said to him: Did you hear it from Umar? Thereupon he said: (I have heard from one) who is better than Umar, viz. from Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). Ibn Nafi, reported this on the authority of Abdullah b. Harith but he did not make mention of this" that he heard it himself".

حَدَّثَنَا عُقْبَةُ بْنُ مُكْرَمٍ الْعَمِّيُّ، وَأَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ نَافِعٍ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا غُنْدَرٌ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ خَالِدٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ الْحَارِثِ، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، أَنَّهُ أَمَرَ رَجُلاً إِذَا أَخَذَ مَضْجَعَهُ قَالَ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ خَلَقْتَ نَفْسِي وَأَنْتَ تَوَفَّاهَا لَكَ مَمَاتُهَا وَمَحْيَاهَا إِنْ أَحْيَيْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا وَإِنْ أَمَتَّهَا فَاغْفِرْ لَهَا اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَافِيَةَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ لَهُ رَجُلٌ أَسَمِعْتَ هَذَا مِنْ عُمَرَ فَقَالَ مِنْ خَيْرٍ مِنْ عُمَرَ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ نَافِعٍ فِي رِوَايَتِهِ عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْحَارِثِ ‏.‏ وَلَمْ يَذْكُرْ سَمِعْتُ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 2712
In-book reference: Book 48, Hadith 81
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 35, Hadith 6550
https://sunnah.com/muslim/48/81

'Abdullah
03-11-2020, 06:12 PM
أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَىُّ الْقَيُّومُ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ
Transliteration: Astaghfirullāh hilladhī lā ilāha illā huwal-Ḥayyul-Qayyūmu wa atūbu ilaih
Translation: I ask pardon of Allah than Whom there is no deity, the Living, the Eternal, and I turn to Him in repentance.

Reference Hadith:

Narrated Zayd, the client of the Prophet:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If anyone says: "I ask pardon of Allah than Whom there is no deity, the Living, the eternal, and I turn to Him in repentance," he will be pardoned, even if he has fled in time of battle.

حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، حَدَّثَنَا حَفْصُ بْنُ عُمَرَ الشَّنِّيُّ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي عُمَرُ بْنُ مُرَّةَ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ بِلاَلَ بْنَ يَسَارِ بْنِ زَيْدٍ، مَوْلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبِي يُحَدِّثُنِيهِ عَنْ جَدِّي أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ مَنْ قَالَ أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَىُّ الْقَيُّومُ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ غُفِرَ لَهُ وَإِنْ كَانَ فَرَّ مِنَ الزَّحْفِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference: Sunan Abi Dawud 1517
In-book reference: Book 8, Hadith 102
English translation: Book 8, Hadith 1512
https://sunnah.com/abudawud/8/102

Brief Commentary:
Running away from battle field is one of the seven major sins. So If one make this dua and seek sincere repentance then all major sins will also be forgiven In Sha'a Allah. And Allah knows the best!

Reference hadith for seven major sins:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Avoid the seven great destructive sins." They (the people!) asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What are they?" He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah; to practice sorcery; to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law); to eat up usury (Riba), to eat up the property of an orphan; to give one's back to the enemy and fleeing from the battle-field at the time of fighting and to accuse chaste women who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers."

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْعَزِيزِ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، حَدَّثَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ، عَنْ ثَوْرِ بْنِ زَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِي الْغَيْثِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ اجْتَنِبُوا السَّبْعَ الْمُوبِقَاتِ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَمَا هُنَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ الشِّرْكُ بِاللَّهِ، وَالسِّحْرُ، وَقَتْلُ النَّفْسِ الَّتِي حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلاَّ بِالْحَقِّ، وَأَكْلُ الرِّبَا، وَأَكْلُ مَالِ الْيَتِيمِ، وَالتَّوَلِّي يَوْمَ الزَّحْفِ، وَقَذْفُ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ الْغَافِلاَتِ ‏"‏‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6857
In-book reference: Book 86, Hadith 80
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 8, Book 82, Hadith 840
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/86/80

MazharShafiq
03-12-2020, 08:12 AM
Dua on the day of Arafah

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ ، وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ ، وهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

The best of supplications is the supplication on the day of AAarafah and the best which I and the Prophets before me have said (is):

“None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs sovereignty and all praise and He is over all things omnipotent.”

'Abdullah
03-30-2020, 06:28 PM
اللَّهُمَّ بِعِلْمِكَ الْغَيْبَ وَقُدْرَتِكَ عَلَى الْخَلْقِ أَحْيِنِي مَا عَلِمْتَ الْحَيَاةَ خَيْرًا لِي وَتَوَفَّنِي إِذَا عَلِمْتَ الْوَفَاةَ خَيْرًا لِي اللَّهُمَّ وَأَسْأَلُكَ خَشْيَتَكَ فِي الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ وَأَسْأَلُكَ كَلِمَةَ الْحَقِّ فِي الرِّضَا وَالْغَضَبِ وَأَسْأَلُكَ الْقَصْدَ فِي الْفَقْرِ وَالْغِنَى وَأَسْأَلُكَ نَعِيمًا لاَ يَنْفَدُ وَأَسْأَلُكَ قُرَّةَ عَيْنٍ لاَ تَنْقَطِعُ وَأَسْأَلُكَ الرِّضَاءَ بَعْدَ الْقَضَاءِ وَأَسْأَلُكَ بَرْدَ الْعَيْشِ بَعْدَ الْمَوْتِ وَأَسْأَلُكَ لَذَّةَ النَّظَرِ إِلَى وَجْهِكَ وَالشَّوْقَ إِلَى لِقَائِكَ فِي غَيْرِ ضَرَّاءَ مُضِرَّةٍ وَلاَ فِتْنَةٍ مُضِلَّةٍ اللَّهُمَّ زَيِّنَّا بِزِينَةِ الإِيمَانِ وَاجْعَلْنَا هُدَاةً مُهْتَدِينَ

Transliteration:
Allahumma bi 'ilmikal-ghaiba wa qudratika 'alal-khalqi ahyini ma 'alimtal-hayata khairan li, wa tawaffani idha 'alimtal-wafata khairan li. Allahumma as'aluka khashyataka fil-ghaibi wash-shahadati wa as'aluka kalimatul-aqua fir-rida'i wal ghadab, wa as'alukal-qasda fil faqr wal-ghina, wa as'aluka na'iman la yanfadu wa as'aluka qurrata ainan la tanqati'u wa as'alukar-rida'i ba'dal-qada'i wa as'aluka bardal 'aishi ba'dal-mawti, wa as'aluka ladhatan-nazari ila wajhika wash-shawqa ila liqa'ika fi fitnatin mudillatin, Allahumma zayyina dizinatil-imani waj'alna hudatan muhtadin

Translation:
O Allah, by Your knowledge of the unseen and Your power over creation, keep me alive so long as You know that living is good for me and cause me to die when You know that death is better for me. O Allah, cause me to fear You in secret and in public. I ask You to make me true in speech in times of pleasure and of anger. I ask You to make me moderate in times of wealth and poverty. And I ask You for everlasting delight and joy that will never cease. I ask You to make me pleased with that which You have decreed and for an easy life after death. I askYou for the sweetness of looking upon Your face and a longing to meet You in a manner that does not entail a calamity that will bring about harm or a trial that will cause deviation. O Allah, beautify us with the adornment of faith and make us among those who guide and are rightly guided.

Reference Hadith:

Ata bn As-Sa'ib narrated that his father said:
"Ammar bin Yasir led us in prayer and he made it brief. Some of the people said to him: 'You made the prayer sort (or brief).' He said: 'Nevertheless I still recited supplications that I heard from the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ).' When he got up and left, a man- he was my father but he did not name himself- followed him and asked him about that supplication, then he came and told the people. "Allahumma bi 'ilmikal-ghaiba wa qudratika 'alal-khalqi ahyini ma 'alimtal-hayata khairan li, wa tawaffani idha 'alimtal-wafata khairan li. Allahumma as'aluka khashyataka fil-ghaibi wash-shahadati wa as'aluka kalimatul-aqua fir-rida'i wal ghadab, wa as'alukal-qasda fil faqr wal-ghina, wa as'aluka na'iman la yanfadu wa as'aluka qurrata ainan la tanqati'u wa as'alukar-rida'i ba'dal-qada'i wa as'aluka bardal 'aishi ba'dal-mawti, wa as'aluka ladhatan-nazari ila wajhika wash-shawqa ila liqa'ika fi fitnatin mudillatin, Allahumma zayyina dizinatil-imani waj'alna hudatan muhtadin (O Allah, by Your knowledge of the unseen and Your power over creation, keep me alive so long as You know that living is good for me and cause me to die when You know that death is better for me. O Allah, cause me to fear You in secret and in public. I ask You to make me true in speech in times of pleasure and of anger. I ask You to make me moderate in times of wealth and poverty. And I ask You for everlasting delight and joy that will never cease. I ask You to make me pleased with that which You have decreed and for an easy life after death. I askYou for the sweetness of looking upon Your face and a longing to meet You in a manner that does not entail a calamity that will bring about harm or a trial that will cause deviation. O Allah, beautify us with the adornment of faith and make us among those who guide and are rightly guided."

أَخْبَرَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ حَبِيبِ بْنِ عَرَبِيٍّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا حَمَّادٌ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَطَاءُ بْنُ السَّائِبِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ صَلَّى بِنَا عَمَّارُ بْنُ يَاسِرٍ صَلاَةً فَأَوْجَزَ فِيهَا فَقَالَ لَهُ بَعْضُ الْقَوْمِ لَقَدْ خَفَّفْتَ أَوْ أَوْجَزْتَ الصَّلاَةَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَمَّا عَلَى ذَلِكَ فَقَدْ دَعَوْتُ فِيهَا بِدَعَوَاتٍ سَمِعْتُهُنَّ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَلَمَّا قَامَ تَبِعَهُ رَجُلٌ مِنَ الْقَوْمِ هُوَ أَبِي غَيْرَ أَنَّهُ كَنَى عَنْ نَفْسِهِ فَسَأَلَهُ عَنِ الدُّعَاءِ ثُمَّ جَاءَ فَأَخْبَرَ بِهِ الْقَوْمَ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ بِعِلْمِكَ الْغَيْبَ وَقُدْرَتِكَ عَلَى الْخَلْقِ أَحْيِنِي مَا عَلِمْتَ الْحَيَاةَ خَيْرًا لِي وَتَوَفَّنِي إِذَا عَلِمْتَ الْوَفَاةَ خَيْرًا لِي اللَّهُمَّ وَأَسْأَلُكَ خَشْيَتَكَ فِي الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ وَأَسْأَلُكَ كَلِمَةَ الْحَقِّ فِي الرِّضَا وَالْغَضَبِ وَأَسْأَلُكَ الْقَصْدَ فِي الْفَقْرِ وَالْغِنَى وَأَسْأَلُكَ نَعِيمًا لاَ يَنْفَدُ وَأَسْأَلُكَ قُرَّةَ عَيْنٍ لاَ تَنْقَطِعُ وَأَسْأَلُكَ الرِّضَاءَ بَعْدَ الْقَضَاءِ وَأَسْأَلُكَ بَرْدَ الْعَيْشِ بَعْدَ الْمَوْتِ وَأَسْأَلُكَ لَذَّةَ النَّظَرِ إِلَى وَجْهِكَ وَالشَّوْقَ إِلَى لِقَائِكَ فِي غَيْرِ ضَرَّاءَ مُضِرَّةٍ وَلاَ فِتْنَةٍ مُضِلَّةٍ اللَّهُمَّ زَيِّنَّا بِزِينَةِ الإِيمَانِ وَاجْعَلْنَا هُدَاةً مُهْتَدِينَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference: Sunan an-Nasa'i 1305
In-book reference: Book 13, Hadith 127
English translation: Vol. 2, Book 13, Hadith 1306
http://sunnah.com/nasai/13/127

'Abdullah
04-01-2020, 07:36 PM
رَبِّ ٱبْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتًا فِى ٱلْجَنَّةِ

Transliteration: Rabbi ibni lee AAindaka baytan fee aljannati
Translation: My Lord, build for me near You a house in Paradise
[Quran 66:11]
This is the Dua of Asiya bint Muzahim (Wife of Pharaoh) who according to Prophet peace be upon him had perfected her faith.

'Abdullah
04-06-2020, 03:14 PM
DUA FOR DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY
اللّهُـمَّ إِنِّي أَعْوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الهَـمِّ وَ الْحُـزْنِ

Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness

Al-Huzn refers to deppressed state because of something which happens in the past & al-hamm is to be worried and anxious about something that could happen in the future. These are the two things which prevents someone to be happy and lead one to be depressed.

It is a small portion of a bigger dua narrated in Sahih Bukhari 6369, link is below:
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/80/66

'Abdullah
04-07-2020, 05:01 PM
DUA WHEN SOMEONE BULLIES OR INSULTS YOU

رَبِّ ٱحْكُم بِٱلْحَقِّ وَرَبُّنَا ٱلرَّحْمَٰنُ ٱلْمُسْتَعَانُ عَلَىٰ مَا تَصِفُونَ
Transliteration: Rabbi ohkum bialhaqqi warabbuna alrrahmanu almustaAAanu AAala ma tasifoona
Translation: My Lord, judge [between us] in truth. And our Lord is the Most Merciful, the one whose help is sought against that which you describe.
Source: [Quran 21:112]

This dua was read by Prophet (Peace be upon him) when non-believers mocked him and said terrible things about him. One can read this dua if he/she is bullied at school or workplace.
And Allah knows the best!

'Abdullah
04-10-2020, 03:45 PM
DUA WHEN A CALAMITY STRIKES - DUA OF OUR MOTHER UMM SALMA
إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ اللَّهُمَّ أْجُرْنِي فِي مُصِيبَتِي وَأَخْلِفْ لِي خَيْرًا مِنْهَا

Transliteration: Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji‛oon, allaahumma’ jurnee fee muṣeebatee, wakhluf lee khayran minhaa
Translation: We belong to Allah and to Him shall we return; O Allah, reward me for my affliction and give me something better than it in exchange for it.
Benefit: Whoever says this supplication Allah will replace it for him with something better (as mentioned by the messenger of Allah

REFERENCE HADITH

Umm Salama, the wife of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
If any servant (of Allah) who suffers a calamity says:" We belong to Allah and to Him shall we return; O Allah, reward me for my affliction and give me something better than it in exchange for it," ' Allah will give him reward for affliction, and would give him something better than it in exchange. She (Umm Salama) said: When Abu Salama died. I uttered (these very words) as I was commanded (to do) by the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). So Allah gave me better in exchange than him. i. e. (I was taken as the wife of) the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ).

وَحَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ، عَنْ سَعْدِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي عُمَرُ بْنُ كَثِيرِ بْنِ أَفْلَحَ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ ابْنَ سَفِينَةَ، يُحَدِّثُ أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ أُمَّ سَلَمَةَ، زَوْجَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم تَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ مَا مِنْ عَبْدٍ تُصِيبُهُ مُصِيبَةٌ فَيَقُولُ إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ اللَّهُمَّ أْجُرْنِي فِي مُصِيبَتِي وَأَخْلِفْ لِي خَيْرًا مِنْهَا إِلاَّ أَجَرَهُ اللَّهُ فِي مُصِيبَتِهِ وَأَخْلَفَ لَهُ خَيْرًا مِنْهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ فَلَمَّا تُوُفِّيَ أَبُو سَلَمَةَ قُلْتُ كَمَا أَمَرَنِي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَخْلَفَ اللَّهُ لِي خَيْرًا مِنْهُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏

Reference: Sahih Muslim 918 b
In-book reference: Book 11, Hadith 5
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 4, Hadith 2000
http://sunnah.com/muslim/11/5

'Abdullah
04-10-2020, 07:06 PM
اللهُمَّ أَرِنَا الحَقَّ حَقّاً وَارْزُقْنَا التِبَاعَةَ وَأَرِنَا البَاطِلَ بَاطِلاً وَارْزُقْنَا اجْتِنَابَهُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ

Transliteration: Allaahumma arinal-haqqa haqqan warzuqnat-tibaa ‘ah, wa arinal-baaTila baaTilan warzuqnaj-tinaabah, bi rahmatika yaa arhamar-raahimeen.
Translation: O Allah! Let us see the good as good, and bless us with the ability to follow it. And show us the falsehood as falsehood, and bless us with the ability of staying away from it, with Your mercy, O Most Merciful!

This du’a is quoted by Imam Ghazali (
may Allah be pleased with him
) -without any chain- as that of Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) with the following words:
اللهم أرني الحق حقاً وارزقني اتباعه ، وأرني الباطل باطلا وارزقني اجتنابه

Reference: Sharhul Ihya, vol.10 pg.106

Ibn Kathir (M
ay Allah be pleased with him
) has referred to this du’a as: a ‘reported du’a’ (الدعاء المأثور) with the following words:
اللهم أرنا الحق حقاً وارزقنا اتباعه ، وأرنا الباطل باطلا وارزقنا اجتنابه ولا تجعله ملتبسا علينا فنضل واجعلنا للمتقين إماما

Reference: Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Surah Baqarah, Ayah: 213

And Allah Knows the best.
I personally love this dua and believe we need this in this time of trial where lies are presented on a large scale and everyone accepts them as truth while truth is often considered as falsehood. Without Allah's help, we can't distinguish between right and wrong. May Allah help us to see what is right and help us to follow the right path no matter how hard it seems. May Allah save us from falsehood. Ameen!

'Abdullah
04-13-2020, 07:54 PM
DUA TO LOOK AT ALLAH'S FACE - A BLESSING BIGGER THAN JANNAH

اللَّهُمَّ أَسْأَلُكَ لَذَّةَ النَّظَرِ إِلَى وَجْهِكَ وَالشَّوْقَ إِلَى لِقَائِكَ
Transliteration: Allahumma as'aluka ladhatan-nazari ila wajhika wash-shawqa ila liqa'ika
Translation: O Allah, I ask You for the sweetness of looking upon Your face and a longing to meet You
Reference: Sunan an-Nasa'i 1305
http://sunnah.com/nasai/13/127

'Abdullah
04-20-2020, 04:49 PM
A COMPREHENSIVE DUA TAUGHT BY PROPHET PEACE BE UPON HIM TO OUR MOTHER 'AISHA-MAY ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HER

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ كُلِّهِ عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمْ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الشَّرِّ كُلِّهِ عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمْ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِ مَا سَأَلَكَ عَبْدُكَ وَنَبِيُّكَ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا عَاذَ بِهِ عَبْدُكَ وَنَبِيُّكَ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَا قَرَّبَ إِلَيْهَا مِنْ قَوْلٍ أَوْ عَمَلٍ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ النَّارِ وَمَا قَرَّبَ إِلَيْهَا مِنْ قَوْلٍ أَوْ عَمَلٍ وَأَسْأَلُكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ كُلَّ قَضَاءٍ قَضَيْتَهُ لِي خَيْرًا

Transliteration: Allahumma inni as'aluka minal-khayri kullihi, 'ajilihi wa ajilihi, ma 'alimtu minhu wa ma la a'lam. Wa a'udhu bika minash-sharri kullihi, 'ajilihi wa ajilihi, ma 'alimtu minhu wa ma la a'lam. Allahumma inni as'aluka min khayri ma sa'alaka 'abduka wa nabiyyuka, wa a'udhu bika min sharri ma 'adha bihi 'abduka wa nabiyyuka. Allahumma inni as'alukal-jannatah wa ma qarrab ilayha min qawlin aw 'amalin, wa a'udhu bika minan-nari wa ma qarraba ilayha min qawlin aw 'amalin, wa as'aluka an taj'al kulla qada'in qadaytahuli khayran

Translation:
O Allah, I ask You for all that is good, in this world and in the Hereafter, what I know and what I do not know. O Allah, I seek refuge with You from all evil, in this world and in the Hereafter, what I know and what I do not know. O Allah, I ask You for the good that Your slave and Prophet has asked You for, and I seek refuge with You from the evil from which Your slave and Prophet sought refuge. O Allah, I ask You for Paradise and for that which brings one closer to it, in word and deed, and I seek refuge in You from Hell and from that which brings one closer to it, in word and deed. And I ask You to make every decree that You decree concerning me good.

RFERENCE HADITH
It was narrated from 'Aishah that :
the Messenger of Allah (saas) taught her this supplication: "Allahumma inni as'aluka minal-khayri kullihi, 'ajilihi wa ajilihi, ma 'alimtu minhu wa ma la a'lam. Wa a'udhu bika minash-sharri kullihi, 'ajilihi wa ajilihi, ma 'alimtu minhu wa ma la a'lam. Allahumma inni as'aluka min khayri ma sa'alaka 'abduka wa nabiyyuka, wa a'udhu bika min sharri ma 'adha bihi 'abduka wa nabiyyuka. Allahumma inni as'alukal-jannatah wa ma qarrab ilayha min qawlin aw 'amalin, wa a'udhu bika minan-nari wa ma qarraba ilayha min qawlin aw 'amalin, wa as'aluka an taj'al kulla qada'in qadaytahuli khayran (O Allah, I ask You for all that is good, in this world and in the Hereafter, what I know and what I do not know. O Allah, I seek refuge with You from all evil, in this world and in the Hereafter, what I know and what I do not know. O Allah, I ask You for the good that Your slave and Prophet has asked You for, and I seek refuge with You from the evil from which Your slave and Prophet sought refuge. O Allah, I ask You for Paradise and for that which brings one closer to it, in word and deed, and I seek refuge in You from Hell and from that which brings one closer to it, in word and deed. And I ask You to make every decree that You decree concerning me good)."

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا عَفَّانُ، حَدَّثَنَا حَمَّادُ بْنُ سَلَمَةَ، أَخْبَرَنِي جَبْرُ بْنُ حَبِيبٍ، عَنْ أُمِّ كُلْثُومٍ بِنْتِ أَبِي بَكْرٍ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ عَلَّمَهَا هَذَا الدُّعَاءَ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ كُلِّهِ عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمْ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الشَّرِّ كُلِّهِ عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمْ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِ مَا سَأَلَكَ عَبْدُكَ وَنَبِيُّكَ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا عَاذَ بِهِ عَبْدُكَ وَنَبِيُّكَ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَا قَرَّبَ إِلَيْهَا مِنْ قَوْلٍ أَوْ عَمَلٍ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ النَّارِ وَمَا قَرَّبَ إِلَيْهَا مِنْ قَوْلٍ أَوْ عَمَلٍ وَأَسْأَلُكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ كُلَّ قَضَاءٍ قَضَيْتَهُ لِي خَيْرًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference: Sunan Ibn Majah 3846
In-book reference: Book 34, Hadith 20
English translation: Vol. 5, Book 34, Hadith 3846
http://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/34/20

'Abdullah
05-04-2020, 03:24 PM
DUA RECOMMENDED FOR LAYAL AL_QADR

Translation: O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me.

Reference Hadith:

"O Messenger of Allah, what do you think I should say in my supplication, if I come upon Laylatul-Qadr?" He said: "Say: 'Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul-'afwa, fa'fu 'anni (O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me).'"

حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، عَنْ كَهْمَسِ بْنِ الْحَسَنِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّهَا قَالَتْ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَرَأَيْتَ إِنْ وَافَقْتُ لَيْلَةَ الْقَدْرِ مَا أَدْعُو قَالَ ‏ "‏ تَقُولِينَ اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي ‏"‏ ‏.‏

'Abdullah
05-12-2020, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
DUA RECOMMENDED FOR LAYAL AL_QADR

Translation: O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me.

Reference Hadith:

Reminder for dua to be made during the last ten nights, In Sha'a Allah.

'Abdullah
06-15-2020, 05:00 PM
اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي وَسَدِّدْنِي

Transliteration: ‘Allahumma-hdini wa saddidni
Translation: O Allah! Direct me to the Right Path and make me adhere to the Straight Path.
Reference Hadith:

'Ali reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to him:
Say," O Allah, direct me to the right path and make me adhere to the straight path," and when you make a mention of right guidance, keep in mind the right path and when you consider of the straight (path), keep in mind the straightness of the arrow.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو كُرَيْبٍ، مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْعَلاَءِ حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ إِدْرِيسَ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ عَاصِمَ بْنَ كُلَيْبٍ، عَنْ أَبِي بُرْدَةَ، عَنْ عَلِيٍّ، قَالَ قَالَ لِي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ قُلِ اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي وَسَدِّدْنِي وَاذْكُرْ بِالْهُدَى هِدَايَتَكَ الطَّرِيقَ وَالسَّدَادِ سَدَادَ السَّهْمِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 2725 a
In-book reference: Book 48, Hadith 104
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 35, Hadith 6573
http://sunnah.com/muslim/48/104

'Abdullah
06-17-2020, 08:09 PM
اَللّٰهُمَّ اَلِّفْ بَيْنَ قُلُوْبِنَا، وَأَصْلِحْ ذَاتَ بَيْنِنَا، وَاهْدِنَا سُبُلَ السَّلاَمِ، وَنَجِّنَا مِنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّوْرِ، وَجَنِّبْنَا الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ، وَبَارِكْ لَنَا فِىْ أَسْمَاعِنَا، وَأَبْصَارِنَا، وَقُلُوْبِنَا، وَأَزْوَاجِنَا، وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا، وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَآ اِنَّكَ أَنْتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيْمُ

Transliteration: Allahumma allif bayna Qhuluwbinaa, wa ‘ aSlih Dhaata bayninaa, waaHdinaa subula ssalami, wanajjinnaa mina ddhlumaati ‘ ila nnuwri, wa jannibnaa lfawaahiSha maa dhaHara minHaa wa maa batana, wa baarik lana fiy ‘ asmaaina, wa ‘ abSaarinaa, waQuluwbinaa, wa’azwaajinaa, waDhurriyyatina, watub alaynaaa innaka ‘ anta ttawwaabu rrahiyeem

Translation: O Allah! Put affection amongst our hearts, set right our matters between ourselves, guide us to the ways of peace, save us from darkness towards light, save us from all kinds of indecency; the apparent as well as the hidden, and bless our hearing, our seeing, our hearts, our spouses and our children, and turn in mercy upon us. Indeed Your are the One who greatly Accepts repentance, One who is repeatedly Merciful.

Source:This dua is narrated by Al-Hakim, Abu Dawood, Ibn Habbaan and others.
The wording is from Al-Hakim.
Below is link from Abu Dawood which has an addition towards the end of this dua:
http://sunnah.com/abudawud/2/580

'Abdullah
07-01-2020, 07:32 PM
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِيْ مِنَ الَّذِيْنَ إِذَا أَحْسَنُوْا اسْتَبْشَرُوْا ، وَ إِذَا أَسَاءُوْا اسْتَغْفَرُوْا
Transliteration: Allahumaj ‘alna minal ladhina idha ahsanus tabashartu, wa idha asa’us-taghfaru
Translation: O Allah! make me among those who, when they commit an act of virtue, rejoice; and when they commit a mistake, seek forgiveness
Reference Hadith:
It was narrated from 'Aishah that :
the Prophet (saas) used to say: "Allahum-maj'alni minal-ladhina idha ahsanu istabsharu, wa idha asa'u istaghfaru (O Allah, make me one of those who, if they do good deeds, they rejoice, and if they do bad deeds, they seek forgiveness)."

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ بْنُ هَارُونَ، عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ عَلَىِّ بْنِ زَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِي عُثْمَانَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ كَانَ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِي مِنَ الَّذِينَ إِذَا أَحْسَنُوا اسْتَبْشَرُوا وَإِذَا أَسَاءُوا اسْتَغْفَرُوا ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sunan Ibn Majah 3820
In-book reference: Book 33, Hadith 165
English translation: Vol. 5, Book 33, Hadith 3820
http://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/33/165

'Abdullah
07-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Prophet Sulaiman's (Peace be upon him) Supplication
رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَى وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِي عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِينَ

Transliteration: Rabbi ‘awzi’-ni ‘an ‘ashkura ni’-mata kallatee ‘an-‘amta ‘alayya wa ‘alaa waalidayya wa ‘an ‘a-mala saalihan tarzaahu wa ‘adkhilnee bi-rahmatika fee ‘ibadikas-saliheen
Translation: (My Lord! permit me to give thanks for Your blessing which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do good which pleases You, and admit me, with Your mercy, among Your righteous bondsmen.)
Source: [surah Naml, 27: 19]

'Abdullah
07-07-2020, 08:05 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ زَوَالِ نِعْمَتِكَ وَتَحَوُّلِ عَافِيَتِكَ وَفُجَاءَةِ نِقْمَتِكَ وَجَمِيعِ سَخَطِكَ
Transliteration: Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min zawali ni'matika, wa tahawwuli 'afiyatika, wa fuja'ati niqmatika, wa jami'i sakhatika
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the withdrawal of Thine blessing and the change of Thine protection (from me) and from the sudden wrath of Thine, and from every displeasure of Thine.
Reference Hadith:
'Abdullah b. Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) supplicated in these words:
" O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the withdrawal of Thine blessing and the change of Thine protection (from me) and from the sudden wrath of Thine, and from every displeasure of Thine."

حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عَبْدِ الْكَرِيمِ أَبُو زُرْعَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ بُكَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنِي يَعْقُوبُ بْنُ، عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ عُقْبَةَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ كَانَ مِنْ دُعَاءِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ زَوَالِ نِعْمَتِكَ وَتَحَوُّلِ عَافِيَتِكَ وَفُجَاءَةِ نِقْمَتِكَ وَجَمِيعِ سَخَطِكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 2739
In-book reference: Book 49, Hadith 8
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 36, Hadith 6602
https://sunnah.com/muslim/49

MazharShafiq
07-08-2020, 04:32 PM
رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

"Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers."

(7/23)

MazharShafiq
07-09-2020, 09:16 AM
رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

"Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!"

'Abdullah
07-09-2020, 04:30 PM
.اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَضِلَّ أَوْ أُضَلَّ أَوْ أَزِلَّ أَوْ أُزَلَّ أَوْ أَظْلِمَ أَوْ أُظْلَمَ أَوْ أَجْهَلَ أَوْ يُجْهَلَ عَلَىَّ
Transliteration: Allahumma inni a’udhu bika an adilla aw udalla, aw azilla uzalla, aw azlima aw uzlama, aw ajhala aw yujhala ‘alayya
Translation: O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee lest I stray or be led astray, or slip or made to slip, or cause injustice, or suffer injustice, or do wrong, or have wrong done to me.

Reference Hadith:

Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) never went out of my house without raising his eye to the sky and saying
: "O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee lest I stray or be led astray, or slip or made to slip, or cause injustice, or suffer injustice, or do wrong, or have wrong done to me."

حَدَّثَنَا مُسْلِمُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ مَنْصُورٍ، عَنِ الشَّعْبِيِّ، عَنْ أُمِّ سَلَمَةَ، قَالَتْ مَا خَرَجَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم مِنْ بَيْتِي قَطُّ إِلاَّ رَفَعَ طَرْفَهُ إِلَى السَّمَاءِ فَقَالَ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَضِلَّ أَوْ أُضَلَّ أَوْ أَزِلَّ أَوْ أُزَلَّ أَوْ أَظْلِمَ أَوْ أُظْلَمَ أَوْ أَجْهَلَ أَوْ يُجْهَلَ عَلَىَّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sunan Abi Dawud 5094
In-book reference: Book 43, Hadith 322
English translation: Book 42, Hadith 5075
https://sunnah.com/abudawud/43

MazharShafiq
07-13-2020, 09:15 AM
رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَذا بَاطِلاً سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ مَن تُدْخِلِ النَّارَ فَقَدْ أَخْزَيْتَهُ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ رَّبَّنَا إِنَّنَا سَمِعْنَا مُنَادِيًا يُنَادِي لِلإِيمَانِ أَنْ آمِنُواْ بِرَبِّكُمْ فَآمَنَّا رَبَّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَكَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَتَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الأبْرَارِ رَبَّنَا وَآتِنَا مَا وَعَدتَّنَا عَلَى رُسُلِكَ وَلاَ تُخْزِنَا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِنَّكَ لاَ تُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَاد

"Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. *Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers) find any helpers. *Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad p.b.u.h.) calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. *Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along with Al-Abraar (those who are obedient to Allah and follow strictly His Orders). *Our Lord! Grant us what You promised unto us through Your Messengers and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) Promise."

MazharShafiq
07-13-2020, 09:15 AM
رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

"Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers."

MazharShafiq
07-13-2020, 09:17 AM
اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُ
Allah! There is no god but He. (2:255)

وَلِلّهِ الأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى فَادْعُوهُ بِهَا وَذَرُواْ الَّذِينَ يُلْحِدُونَ فِي
And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them. And leave [the company of] those who practice deviation concerning His names. They will be recompensed for what they have been doing. (7:180)

اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۖ لَهُ الْأَسْمَاءُ الْحُسْنَىٰ
Allah! There is no Allah save Him. His are the most beautiful names. (20:7)

هُوَ اللَّهُ الْخَالِقُ الْبَارِئُ الْمُصَوِّرُ ۖ لَهُ الْأَسْمَاءُ الْحُسْنَىٰ ۚ يُسَبِّحُ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۖ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ
He is Allah, the Creator, the Shaper out of naught, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (59:24)

MazharShafiq
07-13-2020, 09:17 AM
الْمُؤْمِنُ

7. Al-Mu'min: The Infuser of Faith
The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him

'Abdullah
07-20-2020, 09:33 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَالْهَرَمِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ

Transliteration: Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-'ajzi, wal-kasali, wal-harami, wal-bukhli, wal-jubni, wa 'audhu bika min 'adhabil-qabri, wa min fitnatil-mahya wal-mamati
Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in You from incapacity, laziness, old age, miserliness and cowardice, and I seek refuge in You from the torment of the grave, and from the trials of life and death.

Reference Hadith:

It was narrated from Anas that:
The Prophet [SAW] used to say: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-'ajzi, wal-kasali, wal-harami, wal-bukhli, wal-jubni, wa 'audhu bika min 'adhabil-qabri, wa min fitnatil-mahya wal-mamati (O Allah, I seek refuge in You from incapacity, laziness, old age, miserliness and cowardice, and I seek refuge in You from the torment of the grave, and from the trials of life and death.)"

أَخْبَرَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الأَعْلَى الصَّنْعَانِيُّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا الْمُعْتَمِرُ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَالْهَرَمِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sunan an-Nasa'i 5452
In-book reference: Book 50, Hadith 0
English translation: Vol. 6, Book 50, Hadith 5454
https://sunnah.com/urn/1154370

'Abdullah
07-27-2020, 06:06 PM
The Bedouins Du’a
Anas Ibn Maalik, Allaah be pleased with him, reported The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) passed by a Bedouin man and he was making Dua in his Salah. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) liked it and stopped to listen to him.
And he heard the man saying:
يا من لا تراه العيون

Ya Man La Tarahul ‘Uyun
O the One who eyes cannot behold in this world
ولا تخالطه الظنون

Wa La Tukhalituhud-Dhunun
and minds cannot comprehend His greatness
ولا يصفه الواصفون

Wa La Yasifuhul Waasifun
and people cannot praise Him as he deserves to be praised
ولا تغيره الحوادث

Wa La Yughayyiruhul Hawadith
and situations do not change him
ولا يخشى الدوائر

Wa La Yakhshad-Dawa’ir
and He does not fear the passing of time
يعلم مثاقيل الجبال

Ya’lamu Mathaqeelal Jibaal
He knows the exact weight of the mountains
ومكاييل البحار

Wa Maka’eelal Bihaar
And the volume of the oceans
وعدد قطر الأمطار

Wa Adada Qatril Amtar
And the number of drops of rain
وعدد ورق الأشجار

Wa Adada Waraqil Ashjaar
And the number of leaves on trees
وعدد ما أظلم عليه الليل وأشرق عليه النهار

Wa Adada Ma Udhlima Alayhil Layl Wa Ashraqa Alayhin-Nahar
And those things that the day illuminates with its light and the night hides in its darkness
ولا تواري منه سماء سماء، ولا أرض أرضاً

Wa La Tuwari Minhu Sama’un Sama’a, Wa La Ardun Arda’
And one sky cannot shield another sky, and no ground can shield another layer of ground (from Him)
ولا بحر ما في قعره

Wa La Bahrun Ma Fi Qa’rihi
And the ocean (in its depths and darkness) cannot hide anything (from Him)
ولا جبل ما في وعره

Wa La Jabalun Ma Fi Wa’rihi
And a mountain cannot (in its deepest darkest cave) hide anything (from Him)
اجعل خير عمري آخره

ij’al khair Umri Aakhirah
Make the best part of my life the last part of it
وخير عملي خواتيمه

Wa Khaira Amali Khawatimah
and the best of my actions the last of them
وخير أيامي يوم ألقاك فيه

Wa Khaira Ayyami Yowma Alqaak feeh
and the best of my days, the day I meet You.

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) sent someone to fetch him saying “ When he finishes praying bring him to me.” The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) had been given some gold as a gift, so when the bedouin came he (صلى الله عليه وسلم) gave it to him. The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said “O bedouin, where are you from?” He replied “From Bani ‘Amir bin Sasa’ah, O Messenger of Allah”.
He (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said “Do you know why I gave you this gold?” He said: “because of the lineage between us O Messenger of Allah”. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:
“Lineage has its rights but I gave you this gold because of your wonderful praising of Allah”.
(Al-Mu’jamul-Awsat of Tabarani, Hadith: 9448)
Hafiz Haythami (rahimahullah) said the narrators in this chain are authentic. (See: Majma’uz Zawaid vol.10 p.158 )
https://hadithanswers.com/a-beautiful-dua-of-a-bedouin/

'Abdullah
07-29-2020, 06:21 PM
أللّهُـمَّ اغْفِـرْ لي وَارْحَمْـني وَأَلْحِقْـني بِالرَّفـيقِ الأّعْلـى

Transliteration: Allaahum-maghfir lee warhamnee wa 'alhiqnee bir-rafeeqil-'a'laa
Translation: O Allah, forgive me and have mercy upon me and join me with the highest companions (in Paradise).
Reference Hadith:
A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) at the time of breathing his last was reclining against her chest and she was leaning over him and listening to him as he was saying:
O Allah, grant me pardon, show mercy to me, enjoin me to companions (on High).

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ مَالِكِ بْنِ أَنَسٍ، فِيمَا قُرِئَ عَلَيْهِ عَنْ هِشَامِ بْنِ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ عَبَّادِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّهَا أَخْبَرَتْهُ أَنَّهَا، سَمِعَتْ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ قَبْلَ أَنْ يَمُوتَ وَهُوَ مُسْنِدٌ إِلَى صَدْرِهَا وَأَصْغَتْ إِلَيْهِ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَارْحَمْنِي وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالرَّفِيقِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 2444 a
In-book reference: Book 44, Hadith 123
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 31, Hadith 5986
https://sunnah.com/muslim/44/123

MazharShafiq
07-30-2020, 10:45 AM
رَبَّنَا إِنَّنَا آمَنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire.

Al-e-Imran - 3:16

MazharShafiq
07-30-2020, 10:46 AM
رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً
إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ,
Our Lord! Cause not our hearts to stray after Thou hast guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Thy Presence

Surely Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure

Al-e-Imran - 3

MazharShafiq
07-30-2020, 10:48 AM
فَقُلْ أَسْلَمْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّـهِ وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِ

Say: "I have submitted My whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me."

قُلِ اللَّـهُمَّ مَالِكَ الْمُلْكِ

Say: O Allah! Owner of Sovereignty!

تُؤْتِي الْمُلْكَ مَن تَشَاءُ وَتَنزِعُ الْمُلْكَ مِمَّن تَشَاءُ

Thou givest sovereignty unto whom Thou wilt, and Thou withdrawest sovereignty from whom Thou wilt.

وَتُعِزُّ مَن تَشَاءُ وَتُذِلُّ مَن تَشَاءُ

Thou exaltest whom Thou wilt, and Thou abasest whom Thou wilt.

بِيَدِكَ الْخَيْرُ

In Thy hand is all good.

وَتُخْرِجُ الْحَيَّ مِنَ الْمَيِّتِ وَتُخْرِجُ الْمَيِّتَ مِنَ الْحَيِّ

And Thou bringest forth the living from the dead, and Thou bringest forth the dead from the living.

وَتَرْزُقُ مَن تَشَاءُ بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

And Thou givest sustenance to whom Thou pleasest, without measure.

MazharShafiq
07-30-2020, 10:49 AM
فَقُلْ أَسْلَمْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّـهِ وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِ

Say: "I have submitted My whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me."

Al-e-Imran - 3:20

قُلِ اللَّـهُمَّ مَالِكَ الْمُلْكِ

Say: O Allah! Owner of Sovereignty!

Al-e-Imran - 3:26

تُؤْتِي الْمُلْكَ مَن تَشَاءُ وَتَنزِعُ الْمُلْكَ مِمَّن تَشَاءُ

Thou givest sovereignty unto whom Thou wilt, and Thou withdrawest sovereignty from whom Thou wilt.

وَتُعِزُّ مَن تَشَاءُ وَتُذِلُّ مَن تَشَاءُ

Thou exaltest whom Thou wilt, and Thou abasest whom Thou wilt.

بِيَدِكَ الْخَيْرُ

In Thy hand is all good.

وَتُخْرِجُ الْحَيَّ مِنَ الْمَيِّتِ وَتُخْرِجُ الْمَيِّتَ مِنَ الْحَيِّ

And Thou bringest forth the living from the dead, and Thou bringest forth the dead from the living.

Al-e-Imran - 3:27

وَتَرْزُقُ مَن تَشَاءُ بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

And Thou givest sustenance to whom Thou pleasest, without measure.

Al-e-Imran - 3:27

'Abdullah
08-05-2020, 07:23 PM
رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا
Transliteration: Rabbana Hablana min azwaajina wadhurriy-yatina, qurrata 'ayioni wa-jalna lil-muttaqeena Imaama
Interpretation of the meaning: O our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders of those who have Taqwa (God consciousness).
Reference: Surah Al-Furqan - 25:74
This dua can be divided into two parts:
First part " O Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring the comfort of our eyes"

This means those who ask Allah to bring forth from their loins offspring who will obey Him and worship Him and not associate anything in worship with Him. Ibn `Abbas Radi Allahu anhu said:
This means (offspring) who will strive to obey Allah and bring them joy in this world and the Hereafter.
Imam Ahmad recorded that Jubayr bin Nufayr said:
We sat with Al-Miqdad bin Al-Aswad one day, and a man passed by and said, “How blessed are these two eyes which saw the Messenger of Allah ! Would that we had seen what you saw and witnessed what you witnessed.
Al-Miqdad got angry, and I was surprised, because the man had not said anything but good. Then he turned to him and said, “What makes a man wish to be present when Allah had caused him to be absent, and he does not know how he would have behaved if he had been there. By Allah, there are people who saw the Messenger of Allah , and Allah will throw them on their faces in Hell because they did not accept him or believe in him. Are you not grateful that Allah brought you forth from your mothers’ wombs believing in your Lord and in what your Prophet brought, and that the test went to others and not to you. Allah sent His Prophet during the most difficult time that any Prophet was ever sent, after a long period of ignorance, when the people could see no better religion than the worship of idols, and he brought the Criterion which distinguishes truth from falsehood and which would separate a father from his son. A man would realize that his father, son or brother was a disbeliever, and since Allah had opened his heart to Faith, he knew that if his relative died he would go to Hell, so he could not rest knowing that his loved one was in the Fire.
This is what Allah referred to in this Ayah.
Its chain of narrators is Sahih, although they did not report it.

Explaining second part of the dua: "and make us leaders of those who have Taqwa."

Ibn `Abbas, Al-Hasan, As-Suddi, Qatadah and Rabi` bin Anas said this means:
Leaders who would be taken as examples in good.
Others said:
Guides who would call others to goodness.
They wanted their worship to be connected to the worship of their children and offspring, and their guidance to go beyond themselves and benefit others. This would be more rewarding and a better end, as it was recorded in Sahih Muslim from Abu Hurayrah Radi Allahu anhu, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Messenger of Allah said:
When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased).

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ أَيُّوبَ، وَقُتَيْبَةُ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ سَعِيدٍ - وَابْنُ حُجْرٍ قَالُوا حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ، - هُوَ ابْنُ جَعْفَرٍ - عَنِ الْعَلاَءِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ إِذَا مَاتَ الإِنْسَانُ انْقَطَعَ عَنْهُ عَمَلُهُ إِلاَّ مِنْ ثَلاَثَةٍ إِلاَّ مِنْ صَدَقَةٍ جَارِيَةٍ أَوْ عِلْمٍ يُنْتَفَعُ بِهِ أَوْ وَلَدٍ صَالِحٍ يَدْعُو لَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 1631
In-book reference: Book 25, Hadith 20
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 13, Hadith 4005
https://sunnah.com/muslim/25/20
May Allah bless us with pious wives, off springs and make us among those who have Taqwa. Ameen!

'Abdullah
08-06-2020, 04:33 PM
Dua of Prophet Lut (Peace be upon him)
رَبِّ نَجِّنِي وَأَهْلِي مِمَّا يَعْمَلُونَ
Transliteration: Rabbi najjinee wa-ahlee mimmaa ya’maloon
Translation: My Lord, Save me and my family from [the consequence of] what they do.
Reference: Surah Ash-Shuara, verse 169

This dua can be recited for victory and success, protection from your enemies and the wrong-doers, and to seek Allah’s Protection for yourself and your family.

'Abdullah
08-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Du’a For Groom On Wedding Night

When you’re in seclusion with your new wife, place your hand on her forehead. As you do so, recite the following Arabic first night dua to seek refuge with Allah.

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَهَا، وَخَيْرَ مَا جَبَلْتَهَا عَلَيْهِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهَا، وَشَرِّ مَا جَبَلْتَهَا عَلَيْهِ

Transliteration: Allahumma innee as’aluka khayraha, wa khayra ma jabaltaha ‛alayh, wa a‛oodhu bika min sharriha, wa sharri ma jabaltaha ‛alayh.

Translation: O Allah, I ask You for the goodness within her and the goodness that you have made her inclined towards, and I seek refuge with You from the evil within her and the evil that you have made her inclined towards.

REFERENCE HADITH
It was narrated from 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
that the Prophet said: “When anyone of you gets a new wife, a servant, or an animal, let him take hold of the forelock and say: Allahumma inni as`aluka min khayriha wa khayri ma jubilat 'alaihi, wa 'audhu bika min sharriha wa sharri ma jubilat `alaih (O Allah, I ask You for the goodness within her and the goodness that she is inclined towards, and I seek refuge with you from the evil to which she is inclined).' ”
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، وَصَالِحُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ يَحْيَى الْقَطَّانُ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُوسَى، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَجْلاَنَ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ شُعَيْبٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ جَدِّهِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ قَالَ ‏ "‏ إِذَا أَفَادَ أَحَدُكُمُ امْرَأَةً أَوْ خَادِمًا أَوْ دَابَّةً فَلْيَأْخُذْ بِنَاصِيَتِهَا وَلْيَقُلِ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِهَا وَخَيْرِ مَا جُبِلَتْ عَلَيْهِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهَا وَشَرِّ مَا جُبِلَتْ عَلَيْهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)
English reference : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1918
Arabic reference : Book 9, Hadith 1993
https://sunnah.com/urn/1262370

'Abdullah
08-11-2020, 03:14 PM
DUA BEFORE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

بِسْمِ اللهِ اللَّهُمَّ جَنِّبْنَا الشَّيْطَانَ ، وَجَنِّبِ الشَّيْطَانَ مَا رَزَقْـتَنَا

Transliteration: bismillaah - allaahumma jannibnash-shayṭaana, wa jannibish-shayṭaana maa razaqtanaa
Translation: In the Name of Allah. O Allah, keep the shaytaan away from us and keep the shaytaan away from what You have blessed us with.
Benefit: Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said
: whoever says this Dua and the wife was pregnant from that night, Shaytan will never be able to harm the child.

REFERENCE HADITH
Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If anyone of you, when intending to have a sexual intercourse with his wife, says: 'Bismillah, Allahumma jannibna-sh-shaitan, wa jannibi-sh-shaitan ma razaqtana,' and if the couple are destined to have a child (out of that very sexual relation), then Satan will never be able to harm that child."

حَدَّثَنَا عُثْمَانُ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ مَنْصُورٍ، عَنْ سَالِمٍ، عَنْ كُرَيْبٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ لَوْ أَنَّ أَحَدَهُمْ إِذَا أَرَادَ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ أَهْلَهُ قَالَ بِاسْمِ اللَّهِ، اللَّهُمَّ جَنِّبْنَا الشَّيْطَانَ، وَجَنِّبِ الشَّيْطَانَ مَا رَزَقْتَنَا، فَإِنَّهُ إِنْ يُقَدَّرْ بَيْنَهُمَا وَلَدٌ فِي ذَلِكَ، لَمْ يَضُرَّهُ شَيْطَانٌ أَبَدًا ‏"‏‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6388
In-book reference: Book 80, Hadith 83
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 8, Book 75, Hadith 397
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/80/83

'Abdullah
08-13-2020, 07:10 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي ضَعِيفٌ فَقَوِّنِي وَإِنِّي شَدِيدٌ فَلَيِّنِي وَإِنِّي بَخِيلٌ فَسَخِّنِي

O Allah, I am weak, so make me strong. I am harsh, so make me gentle. I am miserly, so make me generous.

REFERENCE HADITH
Shaddad ibn Aws reported: Umar ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, said, “O Allah, I am weak, so make me strong. I am harsh, so make me gentle. I am miserly, so make me generous.”
Source: Muṣannaf Ibn Abī Shaybah 5179
عن شداد بن أوس قال عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي ضَعِيفٌ فَقَوِّنِي وَإِنِّي شَدِيدٌ فَلَيِّنِي وَإِنِّي بَخِيلٌ فَسَخِّنِي
5179 مصنف ابن أبي شيبة

'Abdullah
08-17-2020, 09:37 PM
‏‏اللهم إني أعوذ بك من منكرات الأخلاق، والأعمال، والأهواء‏‏
Allahummaa inni a’udhu bika min munkaratil-akhlaaqi, wal-a’maali, wal- ahwaa’
O Allah, I seek refuge in You from evil character, evil actions, and evil desires

REFERENCE HADITH

Ziyad bin `Ilaqah narrated from his uncle, that he said:
“[The Prophet (ﷺ)] used to say: ‘O Allah, I seek refuge in You from evil character, evil actions, and evil desires (Allāhumma innī a`ūdhu bika min munkarātil-akhlāqi wal-a`māli wal-ahwā’).’”

حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ بْنُ وَكِيعٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ بَشِيرٍ، وَأَبُو أُسَامَةَ عَنْ مِسْعَرٍ، عَنْ زِيَادِ بْنِ عِلاَقَةَ، عَنْ عَمِّهِ، قَالَ كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ مُنْكَرَاتِ الأَخْلاَقِ وَالأَعْمَالِ وَالأَهْوَاءِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ ‏.‏ وَعَمُّ زِيَادِ بْنِ عِلاَقَةَ هُوَ قُطْبَةُ بْنُ مَالِكٍ صَاحِبُ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏
Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3591
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 222
English translation : Vol. 6, Book 46, Hadith 3591
https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/48/222

'Abdullah
08-21-2020, 04:16 PM
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ خَيْرَ عُمْرِي آخِرَهُ ، وَخَيْرَ عَمَلِي خَوَاتِمَهُ ، وَخَيْرَ أَيَّامِي يَوْمَ أَلْقَاكَ

Transliteration: Allahummaj ‘al khayra ‘umury aakhirahu, wa khayra ‘amaly khawatimahu, wa khayra ayyami yawma alqaka
Translation: O Allah, make the end of my life the best part of my life, my best deeds my last ones make the best of days the day in which I meet you.
Reference: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol.10 pg.158.
Abu Bakr (radiyallahu’anhu) is also reported to have recited this du’a. (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 30124 & Amali Ibn Bishran, Hadith: 1042)

'Abdullah
08-24-2020, 03:44 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ زَوَالِ نِعْمَتِكَ وَتَحَوُّلِ عَافِيَتِكَ وَفُجَاءَةِ نِقْمَتِكَ وَجَمِيعِ سَخَطِكَ
Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min zawali ni'matika, wa tahawwuli 'afiyatika, wa fuja'ati niqmatika, wa jami'i sakhatika
O Allah! I seek refuge in You against the declining of Your Favours, passing of safety, the suddenness of Your punishment and all that which displeases You.

REFERENCE HADITH:
'Abdullah b. Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) supplicated in these words:
" O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the withdrawal of Thine blessing and the change of Thine protection (from me) and from the sudden wrath of Thine, and from every displeasure of Thine."

حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عَبْدِ الْكَرِيمِ أَبُو زُرْعَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ بُكَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنِي يَعْقُوبُ بْنُ، عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ عُقْبَةَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ كَانَ مِنْ دُعَاءِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ زَوَالِ نِعْمَتِكَ وَتَحَوُّلِ عَافِيَتِكَ وَفُجَاءَةِ نِقْمَتِكَ وَجَمِيعِ سَخَطِكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih Muslim 2739
In-book reference : Book 49, Hadith 8
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 36, Hadith 6602
https://sunnah.com/muslim/49/8

'Abdullah
09-01-2020, 05:02 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي ظُلْماً كَثِيراً، وَلَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، فَاغْفِرْ لِي مَغْفِرَةً مِنْ عِنْدِكَ وَارْحَمْنِي إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ

Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee dhalamtu nafsee dhulman katheeran, wa laa yaghfiruth-thunooba 'illaa 'Anta, faghfir lee maghfiratan min 'indika warhamnee 'innaka 'Antal-Ghafoorur-Raheem
Translation: O Allah! I have wronged my soul very much (oppressed myself), and none forgives the sins but You; so please bestow Your Forgiveness upon me. No doubt, You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

REFERENCE HADITH

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr:
Abu Bakr As-Siddiq said to the Prophet (ﷺ) "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Teach me an invocation with which I may invoke Allah in my prayers." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Say: O Allah! I have wronged my soul very much (oppressed myself), and none forgives the sins but You; so please bestow Your Forgiveness upon me. No doubt, You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، حَدَّثَنِي ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي عَمْرٌو، عَنْ يَزِيدَ، عَنْ أَبِي الْخَيْرِ، سَمِعَ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عَمْرٍو، أَنَّ أَبَا بَكْرٍ الصِّدِّيقَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ لِلنَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ عَلِّمْنِي دُعَاءً أَدْعُو بِهِ فِي صَلاَتِي‏.‏ قَالَ ‏ "‏ قُلِ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي ظُلْمًا كَثِيرًا، وَلاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، فَاغْفِرْ لِي مِنْ عِنْدِكَ مَغْفِرَةً، إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ ‏"‏‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 7387, 7388
In-book reference: Book 97, Hadith 17
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 9, Book 93, Hadith 485
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/97/17

'Abdullah
09-09-2020, 07:41 PM
DUA WHEN VISITING GRAVES
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ أَهْلَ الدِّيَارِ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُسْلِمِينَ وَإِنَّا إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ لَلَاحِقُونَ أَسْأَلُ اللَّهَ لَنَا وَلَكُمْ الْعَافِيَةَ

Transliteration: Assalaamu 'alaykum 'ahlad-diyaari, minal-mu'mineena walmuslimeena, wa 'innaa 'in shaa' Allaahu bikum laahiqoona [wa yarhamullaahul-mustaqdimeena minnaa walmusta'khireena] 'as'alullaaha lanaa wa lakumul- 'aafiyata
Translation: Peace be upon you, the inhabitants of the city, among the believers, and Muslims, and God willing we shall join you. I beg of Allah peace for us and for you.
REFERENCE HADITH
Sulaiman b. Buraida narrated on the authority of his father that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to teach them when they went out to the graveyard. One of the narrators used to say this in the narration transmitted on the authority of Abu Bakr:
" Peace be upon the inhabitants of the city (i. e. graveyard)." In the hadith transmitted by Zuhair (the words are):" Peace be upon you, the inhabitants of the city, among the believers, and Muslims, and God willing we shall join you. I beg of Allah peace for us and for you."

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَزُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، الأَسَدِيُّ عَنْ سُفْيَانَ، عَنْ عَلْقَمَةَ بْنِ مَرْثَدٍ، عَنْ سُلَيْمَانَ بْنِ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُعَلِّمُهُمْ إِذَا خَرَجُوا إِلَى الْمَقَابِرِ فَكَانَ قَائِلُهُمْ يَقُولُ - فِي رِوَايَةِ أَبِي بَكْرٍ - السَّلاَمُ عَلَى أَهْلِ الدِّيَارِ - وَفِي رِوَايَةِ زُهَيْرٍ - السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ أَهْلَ الدِّيَارِ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُسْلِمِينَ وَإِنَّا إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ لَلَاحِقُونَ أَسْأَلُ اللَّهَ لَنَا وَلَكُمْ الْعَافِيَةَ.
Reference: Sahih Muslim 975
In-book reference: Book 11, Hadith 133
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 4, Hadith 2128
https://sunnah.com/muslim/11/133

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.