PDA

View Full Version : language thread



S_87
04-12-2005, 06:33 PM
:sl:

heres the language thread to anyone who wants to know a few words of urdu/gujirati/pushtoon/somali

and any other language

in guji
aa thread jeyloko nay urdu/guji/pushtoon ney somali or bejuu kay (dunno how to say language) turuk turuk hekwuu che


^^^ guji experts.. this is wrong but i cant get whats wrong :'( :confused:


in urdu ;D
jin lowgo ney urdu/guji/somali/pushtoon aur sab language toraysay seekhney jangteehey. to is thread mey puchnaa teekh hey

urdu experts hows that ;D ;D ;D :ace:
anyone whos laughs i would like to say urdu is not my first language!
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
niqaabii
04-12-2005, 06:38 PM
in the urdu sentence ..instead of saying language ,u couldve say zabaan coz zabaan is the urdu word for language( i think)..nway correct me if im wrong
Reply

WomanOfJihad
04-12-2005, 06:38 PM
:sl:

SIS THAT seriosly CRAKED me upp .. Especialy ur Guji . n even worse the URDU which is Half gujified ...

But i dnt think it wud wrk out .. its HARD to learn Urdu n Guj. in this way ..

:w:
Reply

S_87
04-12-2005, 06:40 PM
oh mannnnn i thought zabaan was tongue ???

and sister jihad
ermm how do you say it then ??? :confused:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
niqaabii
04-12-2005, 06:48 PM
zabaan also means tongue but im sure it also means language
coz i hear ppl say ..aap koun si zabaan boltey hai?

in it
lolz
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 06:48 PM
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
;D ;D
;D

amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaani ;D

ROFL!!

aww! *hugs amani*
Reply

WomanOfJihad
04-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by amani
:sl:


in urdu ;D
jin lowgo ney urdu/guji/somali/pushtoon aur sab language toraysay seekhney jangteehey. to is thread mey puchnaa teekh hey

!
Corrction :

Koi shakhs jo Urdu , Gujrati Somali ,Pushtoon ya aur koi kisam ki Zubaan Thori Si Sikhni ho to is Jagey par darkhwast kijiyega..

:w:
Reply

Far7an
04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
Corrction :

Koi shakhs jo Urdu , Gujrati Somali ,Pushtoon ya aur koi kisam ki Zubaan Thori Si Sikhni ho to is Jagey par darkhwast kijiyega..

:w:
Wrong!!

we are knows as pushtoons our language is pushto

Armani
Reply

niqaabii
04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
well done womenof jihad..
u deserve a tap on the back!!
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by farhan247
Wrong!!

we are knows as pushtoons our language is pushto

Armani

hey...it is without the 'R' ;)
Reply

niqaabii
04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
farhan
is pashtoon and pathan the same thing
Reply

Khaldun
04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
:sl:

I am learning urdu at the moment (yes i know its wierd *for the ppl that know me) and i am finding it confusing even the alphabet! they keep saying its like arabic, but when i pronounce the letters as i would know them, the teacher says no! there is no tajweed in urdu.....and i am like :confused:
Reply

Far7an
04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
hey...it is without the 'R' ;)
I know, but well done for spotting that lol
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
Corrction :

Koi shakhs jo Urdu , Gujrati Somali ,Pushtoon ya aur koi kisam ki Zubaan Thori Si Sikhni ho to is Jagey par darkhwast kijiyega..

:w:
WRRRRRRRRRRRONG!

jo shakhs urdu, guji, somali, pushto ya phir aur koi qism ki zubaan sikh na chahta hai, toh woh mehr baani se iss 'thread' mein hissa le :D
Reply

niqaabii
04-12-2005, 06:53 PM
lol
well doen arwa
Reply

Far7an
04-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by niqaabii
farhan
is pashtoon and pathan the same thing
We usually call ourselves Pushtoon or Pukhtoon

Others refer to as Pathans
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by farhan247
I know, but well done for spotting that lol

tee hee :D
IK - urdu alphabet

alif
bay
tay
say
jeem
ha
kha
daal
zaal
ra?

I dno the rest in order ;D
Reply

Khaldun
04-12-2005, 06:55 PM
:sl:
yes it looks all fine when written like you done it, but when pronouncing it, it sounds quite funny (no offense meant at all) :)
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Khaldun
:sl:
yes it looks all fine when written like you done it, but when pronouncing it, it sounds quite funny (no offense meant at all) :)
how do you pronounce is?
arabic style?

like for 'tha' you say 'thay'? :confused: :confused:
Reply

WomanOfJihad
04-12-2005, 06:56 PM
:sl:

OUh yeah ... It Will b Hard for Those who are used to Tajweed .. to Learn urdu .. coz each time theyll try to say sumfin in Urdu .. their Makhraj will Cum out Automatically .. but wil take time to get used to Lovely Urdu accent .. Although i must say its Funy at times like ..

STATION : ESTATION
STRAWBERRY : STRAABERRY
n many more funy wrds ..


:w:
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
04-12-2005, 06:56 PM
All these lang are giving me a head.............urdu lang subhanallah!!!! How do u even say hello?........Khaldun....can u write somali....only u said ur somali...but never write a word of somali...need a teacher?
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 06:57 PM
hello = hello

in urdu :confused:
Reply

niqaabii
04-12-2005, 06:58 PM
in urdu
coat is court
Reply

niqaabii
04-12-2005, 06:59 PM
football is futbaal
Reply

WomanOfJihad
04-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
tee hee :D
IK - urdu alphabet

alif
bay
tay
say
jeem
ha
kha
daal
zaal
ra?

I dno the rest in order ;D
sis arwa .. i think we shud teach u urdu Alphabets First ..

after Bay cumz Pay and after Tay cums this other TAY ( rol the tounge bakwards touchin ur upper palatte) then SAY , JEEM , then cums CHAE n so on ..


* looks for her whip for Sis Arwa*
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
:sl:

OUh yeah ... It Will b Hard for Those who are used to Tajweed .. to Learn urdu .. coz each time theyll try to say sumfin in Urdu .. their Makhraj will Cum out Automatically .. but wil take time to get used to Lovely Urdu accent .. Although i must say its Funy at times like ..

STATION : ESTATION
STRAWBERRY : STRAABERRY
n many more funy wrds ..


:w:

I still don't the tajweed bit :confused:

actualllllllllly :p

station - adda !!!! :p
and not EVERYONE says 'istation' :D
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
sis arwa .. i think we shud teach u urdu Alphabets First ..

after Bay cumz Pay and after Tay cums this other TAY ( rol the tounge bakwards touchin ur upper palatte) then SAY , JEEM , then cums CHAE n so on ..


* looks for her whip for Sis Arwa*
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ooops?
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
04-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Come on Alphabets First Please!
Reply

niqaabii
04-12-2005, 07:02 PM
first one is alif
Reply

niqaabii
04-12-2005, 07:03 PM
**** it ..i cnt remember the alphabets no more
its been a while since ive concentrated on urdu
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jannah
Come on Alphabets First Please!
count me out on that one! ;D
Reply

Far7an
04-12-2005, 07:06 PM
ok, quick urdu lesson


I very much want to buy a Volkswagen

translates to

I Wery much vanting to buying the wolksvagen
Reply

niqaabii
04-12-2005, 07:08 PM
lolz
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by farhan247
ok, quick urdu lesson


I very much want to buy a Volkswagen

translates to

I Wery much vanting to buying the wolksvagen
wroooooooooooooooong

that is not urdu .. that is english spoken with a urdu accent :)
Reply

Far7an
04-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wroooooooooooooooong

that is not urdu .. that is english spoken with a urdu accent :)
you had to ruin the joke didnt you....you couldnt just sit back and laugh like the rest
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by farhan247
you had to ruin the joke didnt you....you couldnt just sit back and laugh like the rest
no I couldn't//

but now I will

;D ;D ;D
Reply

Far7an
04-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Here are some nice pushto phrases for you guys to learn

Chap sha = Hush up

Ghala sha = stay quiet

Khabaree makawa = Dont talk

I thought I would teach you them, as I will probably using them alot from now on
Reply

Arwa
04-12-2005, 07:17 PM
aaand in urdu :D

chup karo - be queit

chup raho - stay queit

baat mat karo - don't talk
Reply

S_87
04-12-2005, 07:27 PM
oops pushtoo kee thread hey

thanks for correcting me :-[

umm im blushing all the way here :D
Reply

S_87
04-12-2005, 07:28 PM
:sl:

the way to say Salam

urdu
Assalaaamualaik varahmatullaaaahie wabauh

in guji

achalaamualikum :D
Reply

S_87
04-12-2005, 07:28 PM
oops i mean wabarakaatuh
Reply

Far7an
04-12-2005, 07:32 PM
and in urdu (paki version) you reply this way

OH VAH LAY KUMUSALAAM
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
04-12-2005, 07:34 PM
My head......kh in urdu....how do u pronounce it....is it simpliar to the Arabic?
Reply

S_87
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
;D ;D ;D

ok lemme gets some basics of guji

umm one thing ..i dont know the alphabet :-[ ;D ;D ;D


kem cho? how are you
haree/haroh che. i am fine
hu kare? what you doing
tamay hu kartaa che? polite way of saying what are you doing?

now
to confuzzle some people hehehe the `h` may be turned into `s`
so if u wanna say hu kare
some people may not understand that because it needs to be su kare

;D ;D ;D confused yet
if not ill need to try harder :ace:
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
04-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Subhanallah! Are you guys trying to make me go crazy....are u teaching us urdu or guji?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????
Reply

S_87
04-12-2005, 07:39 PM
both ;D ;D ;D
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
04-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Ya Rabbi!!! :zip:

Ok :p
Reply

S_87
04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
aap urdu bawltee hey? ^^^ :p
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 07:24 PM
merai demagh ka dahin maat baana...(mumbai urdu) LOL

now someone translate that in english.
Reply

S_87
04-20-2005, 07:28 PM
my mind something something something ???
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by amani
my mind something something something ???
never mind its summit like....don't make yogurt out of my mind?

amani, app nai shoppin jana hai merai saath?

I know I got worst urdu, because im hyderbadi....but its all good :)
Reply

Z
04-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Your English is even terrible. It's worse, not "worst" - got it?
Reply

S_87
04-20-2005, 07:54 PM
teekh
aap kya shopping karnaa jaatee hey? :D
Reply

S_87
04-20-2005, 07:54 PM
ok i know ive sed something wrong there

and to defend myself id like to say
i dontknow urdu :D
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
Asalamu Alaikum

Your English is even terrible. It's worse, not "worst" - got it?
thats how i speak :D
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by amani
ok i know ive sed something wrong there

and to defend myself id like to say
i dontknow urdu :D
yeah rightttttttttttttttttttttttt
Reply

Ra`eesah
04-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

hmmm let me try. :)
ALIF
BAY
PAY
THAY
TAY
SAY
TAY
GEEM
CHAY
HAAY
KHAAY
DAL
DDAL
ZAL
RA
ZA
SEEN
SHEEN
SWAD
ZWAD
TUHAE
ZUHAE
AIN
GHAIN
FAY
KAHF
KIAF
GAHF
LAM
MIM
NOON
WAOO
HAMZA
YEH ( SMALL)
YEH ( BIG )
:D do i get a cookie?

Originally Posted by SalafiFemaleJih
merai demagh ka dahin maat baana...(mumbai urdu) LOL

now someone translate that in english.
Ok you said... something something something u want a banana ;D

kidding ok basically u said "Dont mess with my mind."
it also means "Don t talk too much" in a metaphorical sense.
And literally it is:
Merai = My
Demagh= mind/brain
Dahin= shatter
Maat= Dont
Baana= To make.


Ok how did i do?

btw i am not Pakistani or Indian :) Urdu is my 4th lang.
Reply

S_87
04-20-2005, 08:34 PM
4 th lang
thats cool :thumbs_up

i only know one language (proper :p ..well if u can call it porper)

SFJ im telling the truth :(
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by amani
4 th lang
thats cool :thumbs_up

i only know one language (proper :p ..well if u can call it porper)

SFJ im telling the truth :(
oh okay its all good ukhti.

mein sick houn...mujhe need arahi hai.
Reply

S_87
04-20-2005, 08:38 PM
paracetamol lay loh :D ;D :lol:
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

hmmm let me try. :)
ALIF
BAY
PAY
THAY
TAY
SAY
TAY
GEEM
CHAY
HAAY
KHAAY
DAL
DDAL
ZAL
RA
ZA
SEEN
SHEEN
SWAD
ZWAD
TUHAE
ZUHAE
AIN
GHAIN
FAY
KAHF
KIAF
GAHF
LAM
MIM
NOON
WAOO
HAMZA
YEH ( SMALL)
YEH ( BIG )
:D do i get a cookie?



Ok you said... something something something u want a banana ;D

kidding ok basically u said "Dont mess with my mind."
it also means "Don t talk too much" in a metaphorical sense.
And literally it is:
Merai = My
Demagh= mind/brain
Dahin= shatter
Maat= Dont
Baana= To make.


Ok how did i do?

btw i am not Pakistani or Indian :) Urdu is my 4th lang.
u are close

4th language? cool :)
Reply

Ra`eesah
04-20-2005, 08:43 PM
What do u mean i am close? gurl i nailed it. what do u mean close close to what??? i was closer then all these native spakers... anywya its all good... my urdu is bad anyway i know. well can u tell me what i made a mistake in...:)
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by 3washey
What do u mean i am close? gurl i nailed it. what do u mean close close to what??? i was closer then all these native spakers... anywya its all good... my urdu is bad anyway i know. well can u tell me what i made a mistake in...:)
dahin means yoghurt :)
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by 3washey
What do u mean i am close? gurl i nailed it. what do u mean close close to what??? i was closer then all these native spakers... anywya its all good... my urdu is bad anyway i know. well can u tell me what i made a mistake in...:)
u did a really good job though...mashaAllah :)
Reply

Ra`eesah
04-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Ok jazakallah but i am asking u where did i go wrong? let me know ;)
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
04-22-2005, 05:13 PM
mujhe need araahi hai....
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
08-12-2005, 08:17 PM
wow this thread is not closed...i'm surprised.

woh lamhe...woh bateein koi na janaaiii....
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
08-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by zAk
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol im getting crazy/insane.

mein na 32 hours sai nahin soee...(didn't sleep)

pata nahin mera kya hoga....
Reply

F.Y.
08-13-2005, 06:21 AM
Salaams and G'day
I know how to say 'language' in urdu.
Its vashaa. (or if you're really from down deep in the jungle you can say vasaa - which is the accent i prefer!!). zabaan is also correct, but i do think vasaa would be a better substitute.


samaj payree? (or if you speak with a typical gujrati accent - hamaj payree?) :sister:
lol.
Fahima
Reply

F.Y.
08-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Ah! You know all these languages - all the same. :)
I know its vasaa in gujerati.
You're probably right and it is zabaan in urdu then.

Fahima
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
08-14-2005, 08:22 AM
aazadi mubarak to all pakis out there ;)

some paki dude imed me n said "JASHAN-E-AZAADI MUBARAK"

i don know what jashan means.


Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
08-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by zAk
Jashan = Celebration :)

n Yeah its Independence day for the PAKIs today,
n tomorrow, 15th AUG, its for us INDIANS :)

yeah i know...for indians...i will prolly go to devon to chillll....its gonna be crazy there....cuz after all we indians are pagaaaaaaaaaaaal N its independence day : D

Reply

extinction
04-13-2006, 12:49 PM
no people doing arabic to english? that would be so awesome
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
  3. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 04:54 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!