PDA

View Full Version : somalia



Labaik Ya Allah
03-13-2006, 07:59 PM
:sl:

can anyone please give me a link 2 wer i can find the somalian national anthem

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
03-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Wa Alaikumussalam.

I have no idea. Insha Allah maybe one of the members can help.
Reply

Ghazi
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Salaam

We've got an national anthem?
Reply

Halima
03-14-2006, 01:00 PM
:sl:

Perhaps you can ask in this thread insha'Allah/ Thread moved.

http://www.islamicboard.com/misc-lan...-somali-8.html


:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Hinna
03-14-2006, 11:37 PM
:sl: I don't a place online but i do have it and Inshallah i will post it for soon Inshallah
Reply

Maimunah
03-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

We've got an national anthem?
thatz wat am thinkin;D
nuh ofcouse we had one till the deadly war started:grumbling
Reply

Hinna
03-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by mashaallah
thatz wat am thinkin;D
nuh ofcouse we had one till the deadly war started:grumbling
I do have one but not sure who and where it is used now
Reply

Maimunah
03-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Hinna
I do have one but not sure who and where it is used now
how do u mean:?
Reply

snowdropjasmine
03-15-2006, 01:08 PM
are the national anthem for somali Different from the Somaliland’s one:?
Reply

sonz
03-15-2006, 01:10 PM
salama

i already posted in other topic

chk

salama

even though im not somali

i find this very funny lol. i think its somali anthem sung by non somali loooooool

Media Tags are no longer supported
Reply

Hinna
03-16-2006, 04:27 PM
The Somali National Anthem


Somaaaliyeey Toos



Soomaaliyey toosoo,
Toosoo isku tiirsadee,
Hadba kiinna taag daranee
Taageera waligiinee;

Calanyahow tilmaan wacan buu
Midabkaaagu taam ku yahoo,
Xiddigtii na tirineysaa
Dhexda kaaga sii taallee.

Soomaaliyey toosoo
Toosoo isku tiirsadee
Hadba kiinna taag daranee
Taageera waligiinee.

Waxa aan la ooyaay,
Ilmadu iiga qubaneysaa,
Ikhtiyaar nin loo diidoo
La addoonsadaan ahayee.

Soomaaliyey toosoo
Toosoo isku tiirsadee
Hadba kiinna taag daranee
Taageera waligiinee.
Reply

Hinna
03-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Labaik Ya Allah
:sl:

can anyone please give me a link 2 wer i can find the somalian national anthem

:w:
I hope this is usuful
Reply

Rabi'ya
03-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Hinna - :sl:

can you translate that? be nice to know what it means in English?

jazakAllah kheir

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

songinwind
03-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Labaik Ya Allah
:sl:

can anyone please give me a link 2 wer i can find the somalian national anthem

:w:


found this online >> http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Somalia.html

and here ist written in both english/somalian>> http://www.somalilife.com/ftopic280.html
Reply

Sister_6038
03-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hinna
The Somali National Anthem


Somaaaliyeey Toos



Soomaaliyey toosoo,
Toosoo isku tiirsadee,
Hadba kiinna taag daranee
Taageera waligiinee;

Calanyahow tilmaan wacan buu
Midabkaaagu taam ku yahoo,
Xiddigtii na tirineysaa
Dhexda kaaga sii taallee.

Soomaaliyey toosoo
Toosoo isku tiirsadee
Hadba kiinna taag daranee
Taageera waligiinee.

Waxa aan la ooyaay,
Ilmadu iiga qubaneysaa,
Ikhtiyaar nin loo diidoo
La addoonsadaan ahayee.

Soomaaliyey toosoo
Toosoo isku tiirsadee
Hadba kiinna taag daranee
Taageera waligiinee.
lolol i never kno any of it after the first 2 lines so i start mumbling and adding my own lyrics lolol
Reply

Umm Safiya
04-20-2006, 01:58 PM
As-salâmu 'alaykum..

That dress somali women wear at weddings etc., dirca or something like that, can someone provide me with a picture of it.. I need it.. :) I can't find one, have tried..
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 02:14 PM
LOL
my ghanian friend knows the first line... and that's pretty much all i know;D.
:w:
Reply

_Mujahida
04-20-2006, 02:29 PM
me too and im somali:X
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
LOL
my ghanian friend knows the first line... and that's pretty much all i know;D.
:w:
coool!!!
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 10:56 AM
[BANANA]how is it cool that i only know the first two lines?:p[/BANANA]
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
[BANANA]how is it cool that i only know the first two lines?:p[/BANANA]
do you know what im not sure why i wrote that...i think ive lost it again
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 10:59 AM
lol.... [BANANA]bananas![/BANANA]
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 11:01 AM
yippeee bananas yummm with everything i mish mash them in my food with dates and plenty of biisbaas lololol chilli
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Ms. Amira
As-salâmu 'alaykum..

That dress somali women wear at weddings etc., dirca or something like that, can someone provide me with a picture of it.. I need it.. :) I can't find one, have tried..
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...omad/dirca.jpg

here you go sis....and trust me they get brighter than that
Reply

muzna
04-26-2006, 11:07 AM
ay..wariya! :D
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by muzna
ay..wariya! :D
LOOOOLOOOOL sis youre hilarious erm im forgetting my somali...i cant even speak it to my moma
Reply

muzna
04-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...omad/dirca.jpg

here you go sis....and trust me they get brighter than that
isnt that the traditional somali dress..just a fancier version which they wear for weddings..its so cute how they hike it under one arm cause its so long..
Reply

aisha_muslimah
04-26-2006, 11:12 AM
salamu aliakum
really then we have to teach yu
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 11:17 AM
really then we have to teach yu
thanks



isnt that the traditional somali dress..just a fancier version which they wear for weddings..its so cute how they hike it under one arm cause its so long..
ive got one on now looooolooool its red and orange and my hijab is just as bright lolol...though i would never wear one outside cos theyre so see through
Reply

muzna
04-26-2006, 11:45 AM
yeah..i heard the thinner they are..the more expensive
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by muzna
yeah..i heard the thinner they are..the more expensive
i dont know...dont really wear them...cept when im being lazy...but thats silly if im buying less material i shouldnt be paying more...grrr
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 11:47 AM
don't know about dat... but it depends wat country dey r from e.g. France..Supposedly dey got beta silk, i fink so....
Reply

muzna
04-26-2006, 11:56 AM
my friend from somalia, who also lives in somalia, she says that the thin ones are more expensive
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 11:59 AM
i dont know...wahey all i know is im gonna get me plenty of jilbabs woohoo inshaAllah and ive made a plan that when i go on my hols to get hijabs...oooh hijabs ooooh...my mum likes us wearing them but we dont really...i prefer the ACTUAL traditional somali dress...which is more like the eastern african style clothing...its soooo cool!!
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Might be..Dirac are supposed be thin coz u get somefin similar to dirac which is not thin...Don't kno whether u know it - 'baati' (don't kno if i spelled dat rite)...I would never a dirac ever again after i had an 'accident' at some wedding..:giggling: ...Too much hassle to wear 1..
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
its actually quite funny wearing one...i wear big t shirts under mine and my mum gets so annoyed loooooooool....

is it laagiya or laadiya?
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Mayb dat woz in swahili..:rollseyes...got ma somali and swahili mixed up..Don't wat it is called..It's similar to dirac but u wear inside da house..More comfy and no see through...
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 12:05 PM
is it a dress or maybe its the sheed if thats what you call it...its like a dres thingie like the dirac but erm not see through at all...
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 12:07 PM
It's da same as a dirac but not see through...dey are both made da same way and sometimes it comes wid a gabsar?...
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 12:08 PM
gabsar whats that? erm
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 12:15 PM
c...ma somali is not dat gud..i'll just describe it..It's dat material dat comes wid da dirac and also da other thingy i told u...
does dat help:rollseyes
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 12:16 PM
is it the underskirt thingie or the piece of sheed that you get to cover ya head with?
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 12:17 PM
da 1 u cover ur head wid...wat's it called?
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 12:21 PM
allahu 3alam sis dont have a clue...:D:D:D but yeah i kno what youre talking about
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Anywaz..I don't fink people shuld wear dirac outside da house..It's SOOOO c through...Dat's da reason I don't go to weddings especially mixed 1s..I don't even kno how people can carry a dirac..too much hassle coz it's long n da arm ting doesn't work...:giggling:
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
lololol sis yeh same here...oohh wow ive seen some amazing wedding outfits from turkey woooooooooow!!! and theyre modest too!! wooooooooow
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 12:29 PM
How do dey look lyk...Have u got pics..
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 12:32 PM
no theyre on a friends friend's comp am gonna get hold of them and will show you sis!!
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 12:42 PM
SOMALIA NOT TURKEY!:eek:
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Loooloool
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 12:44 PM
:sl:

Thnx..Can't wait to c dem... Yeh TURKEY NOT SOMALIA sis...just checkin dem out...
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 01:42 PM
lol no the other way around sis:p
Reply

Shukria
04-26-2006, 01:46 PM
LOL... sis Hatshepsut said that she will show me pics of traditional Turkey wedding clothes...
Reply

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 01:49 PM
yaaay turkey i reckon there should be a country called CHICKEN!!
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Haha! Sis u know loads about somalia, educate us!
Reply

Starseeker
04-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm somali and i don't even know anything about it how shameful is that? But i know the first line of the nation anthem and i can sing it in tune! :happy: :happy: :happy:
Reply

amirah_87
04-28-2006, 03:26 PM
well good on you sis!!!!!!!!

as for me i'm done for .......wallah ...out of my whole family i'm he worst even my lil' sis is better than me!!!!!!!!!
it's a really hard language you know.......
Reply

Starseeker
04-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
well good on you sis!!!!!!!!

as for me i'm done for .......wallah ...out of my whole family i'm he worst even my lil' sis is better than me!!!!!!!!!
it's a really hard language you know.......
Tell me about it. And I've never been there in my life at school all the somali girls diss me coz i cant say a full sentence. But hey look on the bright side i know english!
Reply

amirah_87
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
yeah i get dissed to , all these other smarty pants come back from somalia and start to correct me , i'm like woteverrrrr!!!!!!!
i have'nt been there either they say it's nice but i dunno but i'm kinda scared , i have heard some weird freak stories about that place man...

have'nt you??????
Reply

Starseeker
04-28-2006, 03:35 PM
who hasn't? dont think that i want to go there after the stories... especially wit the famine that I hear about on the news and all........
Reply

amirah_87
04-28-2006, 03:47 PM
looooooooooooool.....famine yeah!!!

my mum wants to live there and build a house and laadi daa daaaa , i told her whats the point the next day a war's gonna break out and down goes your house and money ........there ain't no insurance/compensation down there...lol

but it's weird how everybody comes back and says it's sooo nice i wish i could live there..................i'm like yah u go do that....may Allah b with you!!

i heard hargeisa's alright though.........u knopw wot they call it ......half london....................lol
Reply

Starseeker
04-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Nope i dont know what they call it dont even know what part of Somalia I'm meant to be from. Theyve got all these tribes and stuff too complicated...
Reply

Abdullah4ever
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah999
Nope i dont know what they call it dont even know what part of Somalia I'm meant to be from. Theyve got all these tribes and stuff too complicated...
:sl:

Lol i knew all these things when i was 8 and i never went to somalia... and i still didnt :heated:
Reply

Starseeker
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever
:sl:

Lol i knew all these things when i was 8 and i never went to somalia... and i still didnt :heated:
I knew them and then i forget about a minuite after I'm told.
Reply

Abdullah4ever
04-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah999
I knew them and then i forget about a minuite after I'm told.
;sl:

Lool
Reply

amirah_87
04-29-2006, 02:20 PM
salaams,

well i'm just learnin' i know where i come from though!!!! but like Sarah said the tribe stuff is too complicated........
when the islaamo ask me i just say " bani Aadam" habo!!!
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM
:sl:

For some odd reason, I seem to know shed-loads about Somalia..........and I'm not even Somali. I know waaay more about Somalia then I do my parents Cultures.

:?
Reply

amirah_87
04-29-2006, 02:23 PM
WOOOOW really thats kool u should teach us some time......................lol
Reply

Abdullah4ever
04-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

For some odd reason, I seem to know shed-loads about Somalia..........and I'm not even Somali. I know waaay more about Somalia then I do my parents Cultures.

:?
:sl:

Really ;D
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever
:sl:

Really ;D
Yeah really lol
Reply

Sunflower
04-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
well good on you sis!!!!!!!!

as for me i'm done for .......wallah ...out of my whole family i'm he worst even my lil' sis is better than me!!!!!!!!!
it's a really hard language you know.......
tell me bout it man! every1 is always making fun of me that i have the rong accent but it aint my fault if i keep mixing the 2 dilaects is it??? wen i was younger someone told me 2 get a spoon for them (qadoo i think:? ) but i thought she wanted me 2 pick smefing up 4 er so i was stnding there wa8in 4 sme1 2 give me smefynk!! it was sooooooooo embarssing ive never lived it down:embarrass :embarrass :embarrass
Reply

amirah_87
04-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah 4eva
tell me bout it man! every1 is always making fun of me that i have the rong accent but it aint my fault if i keep mixing the 2 dilaects is it??? wen i was younger someone told me 2 get a spoon for them (qadoo i think:? ) but i thought she wanted me 2 pick smefing up 4 er so i was stnding there wa8in 4 sme1 2 give me smefynk!! it was sooooooooo embarssing ive never lived it down:embarrass :embarrass :embarrass
looooooooooooooooool...............

yeah i make those same mistakes pretty often , once this women came round our house and she was fasting yeah !!! so when it was time to break her fast , she goes to me habo go get me three dates (in somali) , so i do exactly as she told me i bring three dates in a small plate for her , everyone started laughin' at me , my mum wa like ayb alayk... when ppl say stuff like that they don't actually mean it............... i was like how was i supposed to know ......;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i get teased for that untill now * rolleyes*
Reply

scentsofjannah
04-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

For some odd reason, I seem to know shed-loads about Somalia..........and I'm not even Somali. I know waaay more about Somalia then I do my parents Cultures.

:?
haha nice! where are ur parents from originally?
Reply

scentsofjannah
04-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
looooooooooooooooool...............

yeah i make those same mistakes pretty often , once this women came round our house and she was fasting yeah !!! so when it was time to break her fast , she goes to me habo go get me three dates (in somali) , so i do exactly as she told me i bring three dates in a small plate for her , everyone started laughin' at me , my mum wa like ayb alayk... when ppl say stuff like that they don't actually mean it............... i was like how was i supposed to know ......;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i get teased for that untill now * rolleyes*

lool something similar happened to me when my cousin much older than me (he was in his twenties) told me to get him a little water to drink (think i was about 9-10) and i got him a little water as he requested..then he laughed at me and said..walaal ma dagahan kushuba..(is this for pouring in the ears?):giggling:
Reply

Sunflower
04-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
lool something similar happened to me when my cousin much older than me (he was in his twenties) told me to get him a little water to drink (think i was about 9-10) and i got him a little water as he requested..then he laughed at me and said..walaal ma dagahan kushuba..(is this for pouring in the ears?):giggling:

lol now that IS funny sis :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: us r cracking me up :giggling:
Reply

extinction
04-29-2006, 03:15 PM
lol nice
Reply

amirah_87
04-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
lool something similar happened to me when my cousin much older than me (he was in his twenties) told me to get him a little water to drink (think i was about 9-10) and i got him a little water as he requested..then he laughed at me and said..walaal ma dagahan kushuba..(is this for pouring in the ears?):giggling:

yeah i do that too mums like " maad iga ibinaysaa hoyo"!!!!!!:giggling: :giggling:
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
haha nice! where are ur parents from originally?
:sl:

My dad is a British Revert of Irish Descent, and my mum is an African Asian from Mozambique
Reply

Abdullah4ever
04-29-2006, 05:43 PM
:sl:

I remember the first day of school i was talking somali to my teacher
;D
Reply

Kittygyal
04-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever
:sl:

I remember the first day of school i was talking somali to my teacher
;D

Salam,

really bro? u can speak it? cool u can teach me too:)

W.salam
Reply

ummAbdillah
04-29-2006, 07:19 PM
I remember the first day of school i was talking somali to my teacher
lool i bet you were like "nawadaa macalim"
(sorry about the wrong spelling)
Reply

Abdullah4ever
04-29-2006, 08:40 PM
:sl:

Lol no.. u see i was obessed with food and i said " ----o Wa Raba".. and the funny thing is taht they never put me in ESL (English As Second Language) . ;D hehehe
Reply

scentsofjannah
04-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

My dad is a British Revert of Irish Descent, and my mum is an African Asian from Mozambique
interesting!:) i like diversity
Reply

amirah_87
05-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever
:sl:

Lol no.. u see i was obessed with food and i said " ----o Wa Raba".. and the funny thing is taht they never put me in ESL (English As Second Language) . ;D hehehe
thats a funny one !!!!!

when my dad was a teenager he went to america to work and one day he need directions , so he thought that every black man was a somali , so when he'd see them he'd b like "waryaa" and they'll blank him.....he gos to his family in sonalia....." wallee meeshan waa cajiib , soomaaliyeenta islama hadlaan"!!!!!!;D ;D ;D

(if u can undrstand my poor somali writing :):))
Reply

Waryaa
05-04-2006, 10:48 PM
To those who wanted the Somali national anthem, here it is:

http://www.geocities.com/farah20.geo/somaliyeytosoo.ram

The national anthem was made in mid 1950s, and is very, very, very popular.

The complete version of the words are [I will translate only the first paragraph which the audio anthem above consists]:

Soomaaliyeey toosoo [O Somalis, wake up]
Toosoo isku tiirsada ee [Wake up in unity, in unison, in union]
Hadba kiina taag daraanee [She/he who needs us, who is the weakest...]
Taageera waligiinee [Will ever and forever have our support]

Idinkaa isku tooqaayoo
Idinkaa isku taamahayee
Aadamuhu tacliin barayoo
Wadankiisa taam yeelyoo

Arligiinna taako ahoo
Sharcigaa isku kiin tolayoo
Luuqaddaa tuwaaxid ahoo
Kuma kala tegeysaannee

Tiro ariyoo dhaxalaa
Sidiin laydin soo tubiyoo
Ninba toban la meel marayoo
Cadowgiina idiin taliyee


Tuldo geela oo dhacanbaad
Toogasho u bareeraan
Oo ma dhilkaa dhan ee tageybaan
Ninna dhagax u tuuraynee

Qarankan hubkuu tumayoo
Toorayad dhaafaynee
Oon taar samaysan karayn
Uurkutaalo weynaayee

Hadba waxaan la taahaayoo
Toggaga ugu gayshaayoo
Nin dalkiisii cadow taaboo
U tol waayey baan ahayee

Hadba waxan la ooyaayoo
Ilmadu iiga gubataayoo
Ikhtiyaar nin loo diidoo
La addoonsadaan ahayee

Soomaaliyeey toosoo
Toosoo isku tiirsada ee
Hadba kiina taag daranee
Taageera weligiinee
Reply

Waryaa
05-04-2006, 11:10 PM
About the beautiful, traditional Somali dresses dirac and baati, both are completely different, though.

Dirac is a popular national dress, especially at weddings, though it always wasn't that case. Dirac was a regular dress, as well as being a prefered choice of wedding for the sisters before the war. Sadly, it now almost found at the weddings and other occasions only.

About baati, it only became popular the last decade or so. It is mainly a pajama-style, stay-at-home dress for sisters because it is very comfortable.

Some sisters wearing the beautiful dirac:

http://somaliweyn.com/bilder/Haween_Muq_Bay.jpg
Reply

Waryaa
05-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Reply

amirah_87
05-11-2006, 05:38 PM
i don't like dirac's i think they're real ugly , baati's too !!!!
Reply

Kittygyal
05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
salam.
what are dirac's and baati's???
w.salam
Reply

amirah_87
05-11-2006, 05:43 PM
dirac's are those things the ladyz in the pics are wearin' yeah !!!
and baati's are similar but they're not see through , ( traditional somali dress)
like asian have saaari's and lenga's right ?? we have dirac's
Reply

Kittygyal
05-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
dirac's are those things the ladyz in the pics are wearin' yeah !!!
and baati's are similar but they're not see through , ( traditional somali dress)
like asian have saaari's and lenga's right ?? we have dirac's
salam.
ermm...lenga's and saaari's what are them :?
sis ta for the explanation/defination but sis as you see i am a revert :)
sis do you speak this lingo?
w.salam
Reply

amirah_87
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
ermm...lenga's and saaari's what are them :?
sis ta for the explanation/defination but sis as you see i am a revert :)
sis do you speak this lingo?
w.salam
oh sorry i thought u were asian .....:X :X

lenga's and saaree's are the traditinal dress that asian women wear!!!!

you mean do i speak somali??? yeah i do!
Reply

Kittygyal
05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
oh sorry i thought u were asian .....:X :X

lenga's and saaree's are the traditinal dress that asian women wear!!!!

you mean do i speak somali??? yeah i do!

salam.
oh ok! sis can you learn me this lingo:rollseyes
w.salam :)
Reply

amirah_87
05-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
oh ok! sis can you learn me this lingo:rollseyes
w.salam :)

me teach you somali ??????

your havin' a laugh sis!!!! i'm completely s**t at it , i'd be teachin' you my

version of the broken lingo , i could go through the basics with you but NOT

in depth!!!!
Reply

Kittygyal
05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
me teach you somali ??????

your havin' a laugh sis!!!! i'm completely s**t at it , i'd be teachin' you my

version of the broken lingo , i could go through the basics with you but NOT

in depth!!!!
salam.
sis is this your mother lingo???
w.salam
Reply

amirah_87
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
sis is this your mother lingo???
w.salam
yeah it is , it's a shame i don't know it really well though :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: !!!
Reply

Kittygyal
05-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
yeah it is , it's a shame i don't know it really well though :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: !!!
salam.
oh OK! so can you tell me the basics then or like some words in a sentence please :) just that i want to learn another lingo cause i ONLY know ''english'' :(
w.salam
Reply

amirah_87
05-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
oh OK! so can you tell me the basics then or like some words in a sentence please :) just that i want to learn another lingo cause i ONLY know ''english'' :(
w.salam
no probs insha'allah !!!! , i'll pm them too u k ??

or i'm sure i saw a thread in the misc lingo sec called " how do u say...in somali ..??
Reply

Kittygyal
05-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
no probs insha'allah !!!! , i'll pm them too u k ??

or i'm sure i saw a thread in the misc lingo sec called " how do u say...in somali ..??
salam.
OK oh sis just p'm them :)
w.salam
Reply

Starseeker
05-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
i don't like dirac's i think they're real ugly , baati's too !!!!
I agree totally!!:happy:

But my graduation is tomorrow and I have heard that some somali girls are all wearing diracs :rollseyes :rollseyes I wouldn't wear one if you paid me!
Reply

Sister_6038
05-11-2006, 06:44 PM
baati wa maxaahay? loooloool if only i could write somali
Reply

Starseeker
05-11-2006, 06:46 PM
^^If only I could read Somali. Would you mind translating that? LOL
Reply

Sister_6038
05-11-2006, 06:47 PM
lolool its just me asking what a baati is?
Reply

Sunflower
05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
a baati is like a diraac but not a see through and i doubt ud see someone wearing it out its one of those stay at home dresses i fynk dat is correct me if im wrong
Reply

Sister_6038
05-11-2006, 07:02 PM
haaa ur right...i thought it was called sheed or something like that???
Reply

Sunflower
05-11-2006, 07:04 PM
sheed? never heard of it ...just shows how much i understnd somali..im surprosed dat i even understood wat was written in somali
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
:sl:

Speaking of Somalia, this past week has been terrible in Mogadishu. The fighting between Warlords and "islamic extremists" has escalated, and just in the past few days 120-135 people have died. One of the most saddening to hear of was a pregnant woman and her 3 kids died, due to mortar fire.

So Inshallah keep the Somali people in your prayers, as they are suffering from war, and drought

:w:
Reply

Sister_6038
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
well the dialect varies depending where your from..i think i make up my own words...yeh mon!!
Reply

Sister_6038
05-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

Speaking of Somalia, this past week has been terrible in Mogadishu. The fighting between Warlords and "islamic extremists" has escalated, and just in the past few days 120-135 people have died. One of the most saddening to hear of was a pregnant woman and her 3 kids died, due to mortar fire.

So Inshallah keep the Somali people in your prayers, as they are suffering from war, and drought

:w:
yeh its sad....and inshaAllah i pray that it will stop soon..not only in somalia but in all the countries of humanity.....
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
05-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
yeh its sad....and inshaAllah i pray that it will stop soon..not only in somalia but in all the countries of humanity.....
:sl:

Ameen to the dua

:w:
Reply

amirah_87
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah 4eva
sheed? never heard of it ...just shows how much i understnd somali..im surprosed dat i even understood wat was written in somali
tut tut tut ......u guys never new baati was the same as sheed and sheed was the same as baati...& here i was thinkin that i'm done for !!!!:rollseyes :rollseyes :okay: :okay: :okay:
Reply

Muslim_brother
12-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Salamu Caleykum

Waxaan u arkaa Mashraxanu haduu yahay Somali, inay lagam marmaan tahay in aynu afkena hooyo kuwada sheekeysano, anigu oon wax dhibaato ah uga jeedin. qofkii karii karaa inuu afkiisa hooyo ku hadlo fadlan heysku dayo

Ilahay haynoo gargaaro

salamu calykum
Reply

Nuseyba bintkab
12-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

Speaking of Somalia, this past week has been terrible in Mogadishu. The fighting between Warlords and "islamic extremists" has escalated, and just in the past few days 120-135 people have died. One of the most saddening to hear of was a pregnant woman and her 3 kids died, due to mortar fire.

So Inshallah keep the Somali people in your prayers, as they are suffering from war, and drought

:w:
some people don't went peace in there country but islam will always win.
will make dua for my people
Reply

sagal-islam
12-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Chorus: Somaliyaay toosoo
Toosoo isku tiirsada ee
Hadba kiina taag daranee
Taageera waligiinee.

i know only those few lines in english
Chorus: Somalia wake up,
wake up and join hands together
and we must help the weakest of our people
all of the time.

there u go i will search more inshaallah
Reply

sagal-islam
12-31-2006, 03:57 PM
may alalh eccept our dua amiin
Reply

hamidah
12-31-2006, 08:05 PM
salams
cool u guyz its really cool
Reply

Labaik Ya Allah
01-02-2007, 02:45 PM
:sl:

wats this alot of the sisters dont even no thier mother lingo
this is a shame

:w:
Reply

asma2
01-12-2007, 04:40 PM
:sl: oh MUSLIM_BROTHER could you translate wat you wrote i dint read or write i only speak .But sometime i wish i could read and somali:? :laugh: :-[
Reply

sagal-islam
01-16-2007, 06:02 PM
:sl: :thumbs_up first i think sister Labaik Ya Allah i think try hard ass u can if u do that allah will help u but if u dont do that i dont know but insha allah try harder ok best of luckkkkkk

and second i think sheed is it shiid i dont know that sheedh i have no idea lolz i know baati is dress i always wear it at home lolz
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 01:50 AM
  2. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 07:36 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 09:16 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 06:42 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!