/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Clark_98C
04-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Few questios: What does this statement from a site mean?

This is the firmest anchor of belief which materializes the meaning of "AL WALA" and "AL BARA". It means that a Muslim should love and be loyal to his Muslim brothers. He should, as a practice, dissociate himself completely from the unbelievers and refuse to be influenced by them, both in worldly and religious matters.

That people who convert should limit their interactions with non-muslims?

Also, I read that dating was frowned upon.
Not that I ever have dated, or done anything to degrade myself. But if "dating" is not allowed, and apparently marriages are explored and decided upon in a fairly quick manner, how can you know you will be happy?

Also, what's the divorce rate among Muslims.

Also, the site spoke of some scientific principles which the Qu'ran speaks of(big bang, ect.). It summarises the verses, but doesn't say what they are. What do the verses actually say?

Also, the history channel said something about, "The people in heaven will look down on those in hell and plead for Allah to have mercy on them, and he will abide their wish and free them from hell."

Is this true?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
04-05-2006, 08:34 PM
i dont know.....but if you want my opinion, i would say that to find true peace inside you and to conclude that islam is the true religion, you may have to look into other religion as well. when a person is at the point of converting, he may convert but later may get attached to other religion. thus i think that before a person decides to enter a religon, that person should look deep into other religion that interests him/her and then look deep down which religion gives you most peace and tranquility. that is how you have a sort of inner voice that tells you that you are following the true path.

:w:

The Ruler
04-05-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clark_98C
Not that I ever have dated, or done anything to degrade myself. But if "dating" is not allowed, and apparently marriages are explored and decided upon in a fairly quick manner, how can you know you will be happy?
that is a question most of us get asked these days. but it is during the married life that the couple gets to know each other. if you knew about the person beforehand, you may loose interest in him/her more quicker. if you didnt know the person before, you get to know him/her after your marriage and as the days passes by, the more you know him, the more you get to love him. in our school, the teachers tells us that the more you knowa person before marriage, the more likly you are to leave him....although i do not know how true this is.

:w:

Skillganon
04-05-2006, 08:43 PM
It probably is said out of geniune act of protection. It is easy for a new convert to be mislead away from ISLAM, by other's because the convert has no understanding, and could be easily fooled, led to believe something that is not true at all. Maybe cause them to do something wrong!

I will provide an article,on muslim interaction with non-muslim.
Bear with us!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
04-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Clark,
If I haven't already done so, I would like to welcome you to Load-Islam forums. We hope that you have a pleasant stay :) .

Before I get to your questions, I would just like to provide you with a useful resource on learning about Islam. Please see the list or resources here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...resources.html
At the bottom of the list you will find some excellent websites as well.

No. What it means is that a Muslim recognizes the gravity and seriousness of disbelief in God and disobedience to God and they dissociate themselves from such views and practices. This does not, however, require that one abstains from any contact with non-muslims. On the contrary, Islam requires that Muslims deal in a kind and compassionate manner to all people, as this will help others appreciate the beauty of Islamic teachings. As God told Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the Qur'an, that if he had been harsh to non-muslims they would not have embraced Islam so readily:

3:159. And by the Mercy of God, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have ran away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (God's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).

Likewise, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "[/color=blue]Whoever is deprived of gentleness is deprived of all good." (Sahih Muslim and Sunan Abi Dawud)

There are stages in the marriage process where the two families get together and talk and the two people get to know eachother.
Also, what's the divorce rate among Muslims.
I'm not aware of any comprehesive studies being done in this area so I don't have any global statistics but according to Muslim sociologist Ilyas Ba-Yunus from New York, that the divorce rate amongst Muslims in the US and Canada is 33% while that of the general US population is 48.6%.

Also, the site spoke of some scientific principles which the Qu'ran speaks of(big bang, ect.). It summarises the verses, but doesn't say what they are. What do the verses actually say?
Try here:
http://-----------------------/scientific_index.html
Some are much more obvious than others.
Also, the history channel said something about, "The people in heaven will look down on those in hell and plead for Allah to have mercy on them, and he will abide their wish and free them from hell."

Is this true?:?
There is no Islamic evidence that I know of to support this, in fact it seems contradictory to the Islamic beliefs.

I hope this helps.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.