PDA

View Full Version : Some Characteristics To Recognise In A Magician

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Some Characteristics To Recognise In A Magician

Author: Shaykh Waheed Abdus-Salaam Baalee
Source: The Clear Path Translator: Abu Hibbaan and Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari

Published: Saturday 29th October, 2005

If the characteristics mentioned below are recognised in a person who attempts to heal someone, and if he possesses them then one should be certain that such a person is a magician.
  1. The magician asks the name of the ill person and the name of the mother.
  2. The magician requests some form of clothes of the ill person for example, shirt, hat or handkerchief.
  3. Sometimes the magician requests an animal that he sacrifices without reciting "Bismillah (Begining in the name of Allaah)." then he rubs the blood of the animal on the person's body and he throws the rest on uninhabited land.
  4. The magician writes spells and talismans (ta'weez).
  5. The magician recites the spells and talisman that cannot be understood by normal people.
  6. The magician gives the patient a veil that has boxes and the boxes contain numbers or letters.
  7. The magician orders the patient to seclude himself from the people for a specific period and to lock himself in a room where sunlight cannot reach him.
  8. The magician sometimes asks the patient not to touch water for a specific period which is normally forty (40) days. And this sign is clear evidence that the Jinn the magician uses are Christian.
  9. The magician gives the patient some things that he needs to bury in the ground.
  10. He gives the patient some papers that he needs to burn and inhale the smoke from the burning paper.
  11. He may chant or murmur in a tongue or language that nobody understands.
  12. The magician sometimes tells the patient his name, the name of his city and the reason for his visit, all as soon as he sees him.
  13. The magician gives the patient a piece of paper or a plate with some letters inscribed on it, and the patient has to mix it with water and drink it.
If you see a single sign from these signs in a person and you become certain he is a magician then do not go to him otherwise the statement of the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) will apply to you:
"Whoever visited a fortune teller and believed in what was said to him then he has disbelieved in the religion revealed to Muhammad (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam)." [This hadeeth with its supports is Hasan, and Bazzaar, Ahmad and Haakim have narrated it. See also Saheeh al-Jaami (no.5939)]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-16-2007, 11:13 PM
There was also a question put to Shaykh Isam Rajab on IN,
Assalamu Alaikum Shaykh,

If a person who is considered 'holy' in performing 'Ruqya' calls out to some unseen beings (assuming they are Jinns) and uses them to perform the Ruqya. Instead of reciting Quran, he does this. Is this magic? Is this type of a person a magician?

Also what about a person who ascribes Ta'weez for the people and then tells them recite certain verses or certain names of Allah a certain number of times. And before he prescribes these, he asks for the person's name and the person's mother's name. Is this a type of person to be wary of? Is there magic being performed?

He replied:

Walaikum Assalam,

There's no one is holy. We all make mistakes and we all sin against Allah Subhanahu Wata'la as the Messenger Sallallahualaihi wasallam said.
In regards to the person you mentioned he may be a magician or he may be a liar only. It depends on the case and it's very difficult to judge by discription only. Nevertheless, this practice is forbidden and we can ask people to mention the name of allah certain number of times through evidence. If there's no evidence then we can't do it. Asking for mother's name is a practice of magicians and liars also so he could be a magician or a soothsayer but definately not a righteous man.

http://talk.islamicnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=12365

Woodrow
01-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Before anybody else asks, I can not understand this part.

8. The magician sometimes asks the patient not to touch water for a specific period which is normally forty (40) days. And this sign is clear evidence that the Jinn the magician uses are Christian.

What is the connection between Christians and not touching water for 40 days?

Al_Imaan
01-16-2007, 11:20 PM
This is a great article....the female adults in my family believe in these things especially: 4)The magician writes spells and talismans (ta'weez). I wish there was a way I could convince them that it's haram.....Thank Allah they haven't been to one of these people (or magicians) for a long time.....I just hate the fact that they could believe in such things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*noor
01-16-2007, 11:23 PM
assalaamu alaikum

what if someone has something written on a piece of paper, maybe quran or looks like quran and then puts it in water and tells u to drink it so that ur healed?

does that mean that the person is a magician?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-16-2007, 11:29 PM
:sl:

I am not sure, but I think it has to do something with the Christian belief of holy water.

assalaamu alaikum

what if someone has something written on a piece of paper, maybe quran or looks like quran and then puts it in water and tells u to drink it so that ur healed?

does that mean that the person is a magician?
Leave it is the best advice I can give you. These things are best avoided and left because of the doubt. For the best explanation on these matters, you should listen to Shaykh Yasir Qadhi's explanation of Kitab At Tawheed,

http://hidayahonline.org/Kitaab%20At-Tawheed/

He explains such an incident in the explanations on the chapters on Magic. I urge you listen to the entire series as its one of the most informative lectures you'll ever hear.

*noor
01-16-2007, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

Leave it is the best advice I can give you. These things are best avoided and left because of the doubt. For the best explanation on these matters, you should listen to Shaykh Yasir Qadhi's explanation of Kitab At Tawheed,

http://hidayahonline.org/Kitaab%20At-Tawheed/

He explains such an incident in the explanations on the chapters on Magic. I urge you listen to the entire series as its one of the most informative lectures you'll ever hear.
ok jazakallah brother, what language is the lecture in?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-16-2007, 11:47 PM

English.

Woodrow
01-16-2007, 11:59 PM
If the characteristics mentioned below are recognised in a person who attempts to heal someone, and if he possesses them then one should be certain that such a person is a magician.
What I find interesting is those very same traits are found in magicians throughout the world and in all cultures.

Sadly, they have very large followings

Umar001
01-17-2007, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Before anybody else asks, I can not understand this part.

If I am not mistaken, the Gospels recall that Jesus, peace be upon him, was taken into the wilderness for 40 days where he fasted and was tempted byt he Devil.

I think its 40 days.

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Interesting.. is there a book on this? Would love to read it inshaAllah.

Skillganon
01-17-2007, 12:23 AM
At this moment and far as my knowledge and awareness is, I really do not see clear evidence especially with the number 8: i.e. the connection with the christian Jinn.

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm sorry, I do not wish to offend christian members by saying this.

Note the patient is prohibited from touching water for 40 days i.e. he cannot do wudhu/ghusal and therefore remain in a state of impurity. Which means he cannot offer salah or recite the Quran. This is because christians jinns don't do that. So it must be a way to please the christian jinn in order to get their help. I think that makes sense.

Woodrow
01-17-2007, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis

Note the patient is prohibited from touching water for 40 days i.e. he cannot do wudhu/ghusal and therefore remain in a state of impurity. Which means he cannot offer salah or recite the Quran. This is because christians jinns don't do that. So it must be a way to please the christian jinn in order to get their help. I think that makes sense.
That makes sense. For the life of me I could not think of any Christian association between Christianity and no water for 40 days. It would effectivaly remove a person from practicing Islam for 40 days and that would be of joy to Christian Jinn.

Skillganon
01-17-2007, 12:44 AM

Let's look this at perspective.

1. First the patient is asked not to, not the suppose christian Jinn.
2. Secondly if for some reason what you said is correct than that it should go for all the disbelieving Jinn and not just christian Jinn.
3. As far as the information provided in the statement and what I am aware of, I see no evidence for it being a christian Jinn.

That makes sense. For the life of me I could not think of any Christian association between Christianity and no water for 40 days. It would effectivaly remove a person from practicing Islam for 40 days and that would be of joy to Christian Jinn.
That is a better answer, except the last bit i.e. "joy for christian Jinn". better to replace it with a disbelieving Jinn.

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Absolutely! May Allah protect us all. Black majic is rife within the asian community.

(@Bro Woodrow's post)

Woodrow
01-17-2007, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Let's look this at perspective.

That is a better answer, except the last bit i.e. "joy for christian Jinn". better to replace it with a disbelieving Jinn.

You are quite correct. I apologise for using it to single out our Christian members.

qhealing
04-27-2007, 11:23 PM
http://www.quranichealing.com/bpi.asp?caid=146&cid=1248

Illnesses, problems, calamities, quarrels are natural for humans, and one should look for remedy and solution through lawful means. One should not, without any endeavour, assume the problem or illness to be through black magic or an outside effect. Refer to the doctors and have it treated.

It is better to make Ruqiah for yourself without contacting any exorcists however if you choose to contact an exorcist, please be advised that not everybody who claims to cure using the Quran is a righteous Sheikh, some are sorcerers who seek worldly benefits by their lies, here is how you could tell if they are sorcerers/ magicians:

If they ask for your mother's name, then definitely avoid them, only sorcerers ask for that
If they say they have righteous Jinn helping them, then leave them, there is absolutely no way to know if a Jinn is righteous or devil, it would be a devil tricking the exorcists or more common he is a sorcerer seeking devils help
If they write any symbols or unreadable text with or without some verses of the Quran, then leave them
If they use sands in anyway (writing on it, hitting it, walking over it, etc.)
If they ask you to do weird things like slaughtering a black animal or carrying some talismans with you all the time or hiding them in far places
If they don't attend the regular prayers at the Masjid, usually sorcerers like to be alone, so please ask about them in the Masjid before contacting them.
If they demand lots of money for their service, then leave them, usually righteous exorcists do this service for free and don't accept gifts in exchange, some of them however charge reasonable amount of money for their time to be able to help others
If one is suffering from anxiety and depression, and cannot find peace of mind, then he/she should check his/her life and see where the Commands of Allah and His Rasool sallallahu alayhi wasallam are being violated. Come nearer to Allah through His Remembrance, for that is where the contentment of heart and peace of mind lies.
In the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction. (Al Qur'an 13:28)
The knowledge of the unseen is an Attribute of Allah the Almighty Only. None in the heavens and on earth knows the unseen except Allah. Many of these "so called" healers claim to know many things of the unseen, and to believe such people could lead one to kufr. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, "One who resorts to an arraf (fortune-teller) and asks him about anything, Salaah will not be accepted from him for forty days." (Muslim)
Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has also said, "One who resorts to a kahin (soothsayer/claimant to the knowledge of the unseen) and believes him in what he says, has rejected that which has been sent down to Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasallam."
Those who violate the law of Allah cannot be pious. A Walee (Friend) of Allah is one who abstains from disobedience to Allah. Those who touch women, who treat women without any veil or partition, who sit with women in solitude i.e. without a male mahram, how can they possibly be the Friends of Allah. Do not be deceived, friends.
In case of doubt, contact your local ulama or those who have been known to you for years for their taqwa, piety and reliability. insha'Allah, their guidance will save you from going into the wrong hands.
Often these so called alim will look and behave like a good Muslim. But in their company you will not feel peace but agitation there home is always dirty and dark and when they speak you will fell doubt in your heart but because you are in trouble you will go along with their help because you are vulnerable.
They will always listen to your problem and say yes they will solve it provided you give them something. often they specify and sometimes say give what ever you like. They will ask for the person in concern name and his or her mothers name this is an indication that they deal with jinns. Do not believe anyone that if they say that they deal with Muslim jinns to help you in your quest this is a lie anyone who seeks the help of jinns are not good whether the jinn is a Muslim or not. You must understand most black magic is done by using either a Muslim jinn or a Christian jinns, so please don’t get impressed with. After knowing the name and mothers name the imposter alim that i will call . will go silent for a while and then will tell you information about your self and about your past . This is done easily remember everyone has a personal jinn and its jobs only to whisper to your heart so you do all the wrong haram things this jinn stays with you all the time and that’s with everyone. the alim gets his news and information from this jinns who tells him what he wants to know. Do not believe if they say its a gift of Allah that they have this ability.
He/she should not ask for an item of clothing
He/she should not ask you to sacrifice an animal and throw or place in a specific location
He/she should not draw any objects on the patients such as on the patients palm
He should not use a child as a medium (i.e. cover the child with a cloth)
He/she should not give an amulet or omen
He/she should not be secluded with a non-Mehram (any woman that he is able to marry) woman.
He/she should not request the woman to uncover her awrah ( that area which she must cover Islamically)
He/she should not mumble unrecognisable words

SOME MORE TIPS TO RECOGNIZE THE FAKE ALIMS (IMPOSTERS):
Their style, their Procedure and their System

Remember they cannot tell the future its is impossible because future is only known to Allah. However sometimes it seems what they say about future and actually it happens for example your house will get burnt in two days time. This happens because the so called alim(imposter) will get the jinn to do the job. But in return you see that your house is burnt you run back to the alim and praise him and believe in him becomes blind. brothers and sisters this is shirk and thousands and if not hundred of thousands of people have fallen into this trap.

After telling you about all information that surprise you. He will say don’t worry i will solve the problem. He may start to recite some Qur'anic verse just again deception because in between his breath and in his mind he will recite instruction and others things which is not Qur'an but something which pleases the jinss. They are mostly praises of certain leader of the shaytain this causes the ripple effect in the jins world where communication happens through wind and at a very faster speed thousands of miles per second. When the master or leader of that tribe jinns hears his praises by the imposter alim he sends his slave jinns to see what the alim wants in return its just like getting paid for reciting nice poetry in front of a king or something and calling him your lord. Remember Allah made humans(from adam) higher then the jinns(from iblis) so when a human praises and worships a jinn , that jinns feels overjoyed at this.

So the jinn will come and and communicate with the alim . Sometimes the jinns brings some written form of Arabic , often Qur'anic ayahs written in red but again deception. because if you are an arabic expert you will notice that between Qur'ainic ayahs there is writen other incantations. These are instruction from the leader shaytan to a smaller jinn to execute a job. Sometimes its written in Arabic number fro a common problem like stomach ache, back pain , separation problem etc.. again they are something that will cause a person to leave Islam for ever . Please don’t go to these alim for help you will lose a lot in the after life.

The alim then gives the person the written paper to wear, sometimes to put in water and drink , sometimes in oil and rub . Sometimes put in certain area. so the result is the black magic that has been done in you will get cancelled but remember the ayah when allah says:

' many would seek the refuge and help from the jinns and little would they know that they will cause more ruin in your life'

so the alim makes his money . and the shaytan leader gets his praises and worship from the sons and daughters of Adam instead of Allah, getting Allah the worship the devil gets the worship. so its a dual collaboration between the alim (magician) and the jinns. but overall you gain but you lose more: how:

So temporarily you get cured . but permanently you lose the after life ..because its form of shirk and is one of the most dangerous sin in Islam that can make u kuffar. secondly you will become addicted to this alim u will go to him many times for any problem forgetting Allah who created all this for a test for us. thirdly the after effect of taking the help can be seen... often illness like cancer happens to the family member , sudden accident , etc.. the list is endless so beware...

Remember not all jinns are bad . They are some Muslim jinns and i stress very few in numbers less then 0.1% who are true Muslims. they suffer a lot in the jinn world because iblis and his followers always attack them. they live only with Allah’s help and refuge but they are very small in numbers. REMEMBER they never get involved or involves themselves with human alim or any human beings they have enough problem in there life for survival. only the kafir and munafiqin jinss do.

What is the solution then you may ask. the solution is asking repentance from all, reforming your life staying awau from things that pleases the angels ( malika) like not listening to music, drawing pictures, having photos at home , doing haram , involving with usually anything that attracts shaytan to you and your house and also keeping up with your prayers. people always look for short cut in life , but remember short cuts are failing test.

Next step is doing Qur’anic ruqaya. there are certain ayahs of the quran(around 1 hour of recitation) when recited repeatedly especially verses about sulaiman alisalam (the jinns was his salve on earth and he was their king) and this will cause a major response in the person affected by the black magic. like cause that person to have repeated nightmares , cause the persons body part to become temporarily paralyzed , tightness in berating etc.. until and eventually the person will have an epileptic shock and the jinn will then speak begging you to stop reciting the Qur’anic ayahs. you the other person often a good Muslim who is a true believer inshallah will then go into a dialogue with the jinns. you will ask him many questions but usually the jinn lies with answers so u will have deal with it intellectually until the jinn tells u where the magic script is kept . Often tied to hair , clothes of the person whom black magic was done to.

You find the script from the location the jinn tells you..Put it inside a glass with water to get dissolved and recite surat muattains on the water and that’s how it will get inactivated. but then remember pour the water over an area of soil where no other human will get to touch it.

This should be an eye opener for anyone ... it will give people the sense why we are all here. must remember the Qur’anic verse as Allah says ' are we not going to test you as we tested before you '. Remember all the prophets were tested and kings were tested Adam a.s) was tested what makes you and i exempt are we better them...only the pondering mind can answer. (by Abdullah al-anzi )

How to Choose a Righteous Muslim Exorcist Successfully

Logic and judgment still need to be applied when looking for a spiritual healer even though you are looking outside the range of the traditional healing arts.

1. Obtain referrals from friends - Talking with friends and family would probably be the first place you would go if you were looking for a doctor or dentist. Well there is nothing different in finding a Muslim spiritual healer. Find out from people that you know if they have had any experience with healers. Find out what the results were. Were the results what they expected. Was the person nice. Were there a lot of visit involved etc...

2. How confident is the healer in their ability - Practically all products or services come with a money back policy. Is the practitioner you are talking with confident enough in their work? You do not have to have a miracle in one session but are you happy with the results. If they are not confident then maybe they are not for you.

3. How long or often do you have to see them - Although it is unlikely that the full extent of any healers abilities can be felt in only one session, does the healer give you an idea of how many sessions it will take to clear your immediate problem.

4. How is a successful outcome determined. After several spiritual healing sessions what level of results would you like? If you come in with a problem and after 3 sessions you feel 60% better is that successful? Is it successful enough to say you would like more sessions or is it just enough to say that is all you want and can now function very well.

It seems that there is still allot of confusion in regards to who one can seek treatment from or how to distinguish between a Magician and a righteous Raaqi.

In general a Raaqi will do the following:

Recite verses from the Qur'an al-Kareem
Supplications from the Ahadith
Reciting the Adhaan
He/she may place his/her hand on the patient's forehead or head
Or he/she may place his/her hand on the place of pain.
The use of water which is sprayed or sprinkled on the patient
The patient is asked to drink Ruqya water (which maybe normal water or Zam Zam water)
The Raaqi may pat the patient with the hand or use a Miswaak.
The Raaqi may read from memory or read from the Mushaf or some document.
The Raaqi will read out aloud and clearly.

The above questions are critically important to ask. With these questions you can find a Muslim spiritual adviser that will be a good match for your needs.

http://www.quranichealing.com/bpi.asp?caid=146&cid=1248

Snowflake
04-28-2007, 08:18 AM
The magician gives the patient a piece of paper or a plate with some letters inscribed on it, and the patient has to mix it with water and drink it.
I used to practice spiritual healing, mainly for Cancer. The taweez I wrote did contain some numbers and diagrams which I didn't understand. I never did ask my teacher what they meant and now she's passed away. But there was no jinns involved so how can it be considered majic?

Also we (the Azeemi Foundation) did not charge for the treatments. They were only done fi sabilillah. And we were never allowed to do anything that was harmful. Our books simply didn't contain malicious stuff only healing. Why is it so wrong then? :-\

Malaikah
04-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I used to practice spiritual healing, mainly for Cancer. The taweez I wrote did contain some numbers and diagrams which I didn't understand.

That sounds very suspicious... :uuh: You're only meant to use religious things like verses from the Quran aren't you?

Snowflake
04-28-2007, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

That sounds very suspicious... :uuh: You're only meant to use religious things like verses from the Quran aren't you?
Well yes. Since I've read threads of this sort, I've been unable to offer any help to sick people. Which is a great shame really as there's no majic/jinn involved, so I don't understand on what basis spiritual healing is deemed haram by some.

However, since I posted, I did manage to ring a member of the foundation and ask for an explanation of why the taweez contain numbers and diagrams.

He told me that the numbers represent isms. And as isms are too long to write in a taweez, they are represented numerically. For the diagrams he said that each disease has an unseen shape/form which is what the diagrams represent. He also said that I shouldn't let misinformed people stop me from helping Allah's creation. I can't help but agree.

Note: The diagrams/numbers in taweez for healing must not be confused with those used in black majic. It's what they represent that is important.

Malaikah
04-28-2007, 12:13 PM

What is an ism? :?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I used to practice spiritual healing, mainly for Cancer. The taweez I wrote did contain some numbers and diagrams which I didn't understand. I never did ask my teacher what they meant and now she's passed away. But there was no jinns involved so how can it be considered majic?

Also we (the Azeemi Foundation) did not charge for the treatments. They were only done fi sabilillah. And we were never allowed to do anything that was harmful. Our books simply didn't contain malicious stuff only healing. Why is it so wrong then? :-\

Please, please listen to this lecture, you'll find that it answers alot of your questions.
http://www.islamicboard.com/684122-post1.html

And this one:
http://www.islamicboard.com/628089-post24.html

- Qatada -
04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
:salamext:

Sis Muslimah_Sis, i know the topics really controversial and since its quite widespread among asians to use the taweez and number coding - we find it confusing to why it shouldn't be used.

I think the main principle is that the Messenger of Allaah said that the best generation is my generation [i.e. the sahabah], then the one after, then the one after them. The hadith is in Bukhari and Muslim. So the best 3 generations of Islaam are the most rightly guided. We know that after these best 3 generations, bid'a [innovation] became widespread in the ummah.

Now i also know that christians use numbers alot and find it a really important matter in their religios texts. For instance the number 6/6/6 represents Al-Dajaal for them since that is the verse number where the anti-christ is mentioned in their scripture, as they claim. So on my personal opinion, i think we got this number idea 'representing verses' to be an adopted idea off the christians since we know that the Messenger of Allaah did say that we would follow the ways of the nations before us, step by step, cubit by cubit etc. in other ahadith. And Allaah knows best.

Why do i say this? I say this because when performing any action of ibaadah [worship] - we need to see how the Messenger of Allaah performed it. Or even how his companions since they followed his way the best. We can also see the example of those who followed the companions' teachings from the 3 best generations.

So we have to ask ourselves, how did these pious people truelly cure the ill? Was it through reciting Qur'an on the ill people? I.e. surah fatiha, the 2 kul's of Surah Al-Falaq, and Al-Naas? Was it through reciting surah Al Baqarah? The answer is that yes - they did that since it is the sunnah.

Did they write numbers on paper to represent Qur'an? If they never, then is that truelly the way of the most rightly guided people? Since they were the foremost in rushing to do good deeds, and if they knew this was the correct way - then wouldn't they be doing it also? If you say yes they may have, then one has to bring evidence from authentic sources for that claim in order to take the steps forward. However, if they never did that act - then we shouldn't either since every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance is in the hellfire as the Messenger of Allaah said, recorded in Sahih Muslim.

Do you see where we're coming from? This religion depends upon evidences, otherwise we may just go astray like the christians did, think about it - when they stopped their priests from getting married - they probably thought it was an advantage for them since they don't have to give inheritance to the children. But look at the evil that came out of it - some of these people started harming young boys. Or how about the Sh'ia who simply had excess love for 'Ali ibn Abi Talib - yet this lead to some believing that Ali was god himself?

We may not know of the evil behind the bid'a, but many generations after us there may be many evils which come out of it. So we stick to the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the way of Allaah's Messenger and the best 3 generations. We do what they did, and we leave out what they never. Since that is the true guidance, and following the true guidance without additions leads to Jannah.

Snowflake
04-28-2007, 07:09 PM
So according to ahlus wal sunnah jamaat, I'm a majician?

In Samir Abu Hamza's lecture, he mentioned that the Quran is the cure for everything. The Prophet also used Quranic verses to cure. He also said that black seed is the cure for everything except death. Then why do muslims go to doctors and not do what the Prophet said?

Also did the Prophet (PBUH) forbid writing taweez for healing, even though he did not do it himself? I'm inclined to agree with Righteous sis that it's forbidden to do harmful taweez. Otherwise as far as spiritual healing goes, the argument that the Prophet didn't do it so it's forbidden is doubtful.

Whatsmore is that if it was forbidden why would people get healed by it? Surely if Allah disliked it, it would be void of His blessings. :-\

P.S. Malaikah sis, isms are the names/attributes of Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

- Qatada -
04-28-2007, 07:52 PM

It doesn't mean your a magician sis, it's just that what the Messenger of Allaah and the sahabah did in regard to matters of ibaadah [worship] - we do what they do, and we stop at what they did not do. And curing someone using Qur'an etc is a form of ibaadah since you're trying to draw closer to Allaah.

In regard to going to the doctors, one isn't really using Qur'an or anything since it's a worldly innovation, and worldly innovations aren't forbidden so long as they don't transgress the boundaries of Islaam.

In regard to people being cured, i think it was Ibn Taymiyya who said that he would sometimes see people praying at graves, and Allaah would respond to the persons dua', even though what that person was doing is something dangerous. He said the reason for that may have been because Allaah knew the desperation of that person and therefore He responded to them and cured them.

For instance i heard a story of some women going to a grave in Pakistan, they prayed to the grave and said that if i get a son - i wont shave the center of his head for a certain amount of time. Subhaan Allaah, it turns out this woman got a son and she did exactly that. Yet what she did was still forbidden, but it was a trial from Allaah upon them.

And Allaah knows best.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2007, 07:57 PM

We don't mean that you are a magician Sister, please check this post for a clarification of what we are stating:
http://www.islamicboard.com/701247-post30.html

Secondly, numerical codes, unknown symbols, strange words etc are known to be used by magicians. There is no guarentee that it is not magic or that they are not seeking help from the jinn. We need proof from the Salaf whether they did such a thing to do it as well.

Otherwise as far as spiritual healing goes, the argument that the Prophet didn't do it so it's forbidden is doubtful.
This is a very heavy matter sister. These kind of things need explicit proof from the Messenger to be done, in what they contain, in the way they are done etc. Whatever we do in regards to the religion HAS to conform with the Sunnah. As Ibn Mas'ud said: "Realize that, either you are more knowledgeable than Muhammad and his Companions, or else you are holding on to the tail of misguidance." And the reason for being this strict is so that the people do not do something against what the Messenger has brought.

If you are referring to Ruqyah then that also has to conform with the Sunnah, i.e. it has some conditions. See link above.

Please listen to these lectures from the second link I gave you:
http://www.audioislam.com//audio/aqe...part_20_23.mp3
http://www.audioislam.com//audio/aqe...part_24_27.mp3

chacha_jalebi
04-28-2007, 08:12 PM
only authentic cures from hadiths should be used all these numbers and things are dodgy

i think the 40 day thing and christian jinn thing has something to do with lent, because aint that 40 days

Pk_#2
04-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Is that when they fast?

Yeah i thought for that it was as many days as you could..

Anyways nice thread,

I think dese dodgy things should be avoided, better safe then sorry :p

And erm theres a cure for everything except death, so we don't need the jinns, go drink some honey or something :D

Peace!

chacha_jalebi
04-28-2007, 08:36 PM
being asian yeh, your brought up hearing bout all these things and you think they are true, but then when you do your own research you realise "man we are dumb" :p

numbers cannot substitute the Quran, trapping a jinn doesnt make you a holy man, saying things in some next lingo and blowing them on a cloth or something, doesnt make you a healer!! :D

we should all jus try to do our own ruqyah, like in riyad us saliheen theirs a whole chapter with ruqyah duas and go to any islamic book shops you can buy this little greeny book called "aunthentic Ruqyah" and it has all duas listed for everything and provides sources where the dua is from. if you ask these so called "healers" where do you get your duas from " o my uncle told me" and your like "erm ok weirdo:p" its best not to rely on others and to do things yourselfs, get moi :shade:

- Qatada -
04-28-2007, 08:40 PM

http://makedua.com

All duaz' from Sunnah ^ :)

Pk_#2
04-28-2007, 10:25 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

jazakAllah bro cha cha that is true you know,

jazakAllah fro link @ br Fi sabz

I take refuge (to seek protection from the evil threatening me) with the might of Allah, the power of Allah, the strength of Allah, the greatness of Allah, the demonstration of Allah, the sovereignty of Allah, the assistance of Allah, the security of Allah, the amnesty of Allah, the shield of Allah, the kindness of Allah, the pride of Allah, the attention of Allah, the beauty of Allah, the grandeur of Allah, the perfection of Allah-there is no god save Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, I put myself, my children, my family, my property under (Allah's protection ) in the name of Allah's perfected words, from all devils, poisonous animals, and from every evil eye.Ameen (Say Ameen)

Snowflake
04-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Ok, thanks you guys don't think I'm a magician lol.

Fi_Sabilillah: In regard to going to the doctors, one isn't really using Qur'an or anything since it's a worldly innovation, and worldly innovations aren't forbidden so long as they don't transgress the boundaries of Islaam.
That's a better explanation, but my mind is still questioning certain things. For instance, spiritual healing is not ibadah itself but rather like any other good deed for the sake of Allah is also a form of ibadah. So how could it be classed as innovation in deen? It's not changing the way we should worship Allah.

For instance i heard a story of some women going to a grave in Pakistan, they prayed to the grave and said that if i get a son - i wont shave the center of his head for a certain amount of time. Subhaan Allaah, it turns out this woman got a son and she did exactly that. Yet what she did was still forbidden, but it was a trial from Allaah upon them.
I've seen such things myself and they disgust me. But she might not have known she was commiting shirk. She might've prayed to a grave and thought that whover was in the grave would ask Allah on her behalf, yet it was her faith in Allah for which He bestowed her with a son? Only Allah knows if it was a test. Not saying what she did was right though. Also, I was 17 when I started practicing S.H. and I had no knowledge of what shirk is. Then would Allah swt, (sorry Allah ji) test me with something I'm ignorant of? :confused:

Al Madani: This is a very heavy matter sister. These kind of things need explicit proof from the Messenger to be done, in what they contain, in the way they are done etc. Whatever we do in regards to the religion HAS to conform with the Sunnah.
Astaghfirullah if I said anything that displeased Allah. May Allah put the Truth in my brain. Ameen. I understand underlined part. But what if I say to myself that I will recite any surah a certain number of times for the pleasure of Allah and ask Him to fulfil my wish. And then Allah grants my wish. Will I have innovated something that doesn't conform to the Sunnah?

Chacha said: numbers cannot substitute the Quran, trapping a jinn doesnt make you a holy man, saying things in some next lingo and blowing them on a cloth or something, doesnt make you a healer!!
There is no healer except Allah subhana wa ta'ala. Just as Allah gives us rain through clouds, He can also give shifa through other people.

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2007, 12:17 AM
^ agreed sista,but shifa through others,i tink its best to jus do healin yaself,instd of goin to sum1
i dunno how situation in other countries is. but in pakiland everywer u go der are self pro claimed saints + healers. and they hav a attitude of "we are right no matter what" and thats just childish lol and if you question them they say they busy lol,its good us youth learn and teach real islam. because shirk + bidah hav come so common nowadays, its sad.

anyway lol, we should use authentic ruqyah:D

Snowflake
04-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Oh that reminds me. I forgot to ask what Ruqyah is?

As for the things they do in pakiland, the weirdest one has got to be when they go and put 'chaadars' on graves of pious men. Why??? I mean what do they think - the man is cold? And then like Fi bro mentioned they do this mannat thing where they shave a boys head and leave a bit growing on the top of his bonce. It looks so rediculous.

There's also this darbaar of Shah Dola. Women go there and ask him for a baby. But here's the freaky bit. This peer looked like a mouse. I don't mean he was furry with goofy teeth. But he had this tiny head and was nicknamed 'chuaa' (mouse) cuz of it. So anyway, they pray to him for a kid, but the condition is that the first-born is given to the darbaar. The first-born always looks like a 'chuaa' with the same tiny head - and I mean tiny. I've seen them with my own eyes. If the woman doesn't give her first-born away then the rest of her children will be born 'chuaas' too. OMG! It's so freaky.

There's also a man still alive, who can be in one town one minute and another the next. He's been nicknamed Sain Jahaz (aeroplane). My friend has seen him with her own eyes. He doesn't wear a stitch but is said to be Holy and has special powers. SubhanAllah, these are the unseen things which only Allah has ilm of.

P.S JazakAllah for the links Al Madani br. I'll listen tomorrow inshaAllah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-29-2007, 02:36 AM

Astaghfirullah if I said anything that displeased Allah. May Allah put the Truth in my brain. Ameen. I understand underlined part. But what if I say to myself that I will recite any surah a certain number of times for the pleasure of Allah and ask Him to fulfil my wish. And then Allah grants my wish. Will I have innovated something that doesn't conform to the Sunnah?
I don't want to give any sorta pronouncement on that scenario. However I will say that reciting Qur'an is not a 'pre-requisite' for your Du'a to be accepted. Allaah will accept your Du'a as long as you ask sincerly turning to Him Alone and having certainty that He will reply to you. You know, here's an excellent (the best I have heard) series of lectures on Du'a. Make sure you listen to them Insha'Allaah.

Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 1
Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 2
Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 3
Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 4
Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 5
Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 6
Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 7
Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 8
Du'a - Weapon of the Believer 9

I know it's quite a bit to listen to, but trust me, it's alot better that you spare some time and sit and listen to these lectures since the person speaking is a Scholar, Shaykh Yasir Qadhi, and he brings all the evidences and his lectures are just flowing with knowledge.

Oh that reminds me. I forgot to ask what Ruqyah is?

As for the things they do in pakiland, the weirdest one has got to be when they go and put 'chaadars' on graves of pious men. Why??? I mean what do they think - the man is cold? And then like Fi bro mentioned they do this mannat thing where they shave a boys head and leave a bit growing on the top of his bonce. It looks so rediculous.
That's just the start of it. You'll find these people doing Tawaf around the graves, putting their head on it, kissing it, prostrating to it etc etc. Needless to say all this is blatant shirk, and if not shirk, a despicable innovation that is a stepping stone to shirk. I urge you to listen to lectures I gave before (in previous posts), the entire series which is an explanation of a book called Kitab At-Tawheed. Please listen to it.

And when you have the time, go through this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...assul-etc.html

There's also this darbaar of Shah Dola. Women go there and ask him for a baby. But here's the freaky bit. This peer looked like a mouse. I don't mean he was furry with goofy teeth. But he had this tiny head and was nicknamed 'chuaa' (mouse) cuz of it. So anyway, they pray to him for a kid, but the condition is that the first-born is given to the darbaar. The first-born always looks like a 'chuaa' with the same tiny head - and I mean tiny. I've seen them with my own eyes. If the woman doesn't give her first-born away then the rest of her children will be born 'chuaas' too. OMG! It's so freaky.
He's most probably a black magician. Leave him and seek refuge in Allaah from him. Recite surah Al Baqarah (preferably memorize it) as the Messenger said the magicians cannot face it.
There's also a man still alive, who can be in one town one minute and another the next. He's been nicknamed Sain Jahaz (aeroplane). My friend has seen him with her own eyes. He doesn't wear a stitch but is said to be Holy and has special powers. SubhanAllah, these are the unseen things which only Allah has ilm of.
This man definetly is not holy. This action is known amongst the black magicians that jinns carry them around, they walk on water and all other sorts of deceptions. Sister, please take the time out, ASAP, and read this entire thread, start to end:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ies-devil.html

Be wary of these people, seek refuge in Allaah from them and always recite Qur'an and remain in Dhikr. May Allaah protect us from the evil of the allies of Shaitan.

22:38 - Truly, Allah defends those who believe...

:w:

Malaikah
04-29-2007, 02:54 AM
So according to ahlus wal sunnah jamaat, I'm a majician?
hha, no of course not sis!! Magicians are mushriks. :-\

In Samir Abu Hamza's lecture, he mentioned that the Quran is the cure for everything. The Prophet also used Quranic verses to cure. He also said that black seed is the cure for everything except death. Then why do muslims go to doctors and not do what the Prophet said?
But the prophet never said we aren't allowed to use medicine...

Whats more is that if it was forbidden why would people get healed by it? Surely if Allah disliked it, it would be void of His blessings. :-\
do you mean healed by the black magic? It is an illusion... for example there was a story where the wife of one of the men from the early generations of Islam was using one of those amulet things to cure her twitching eye. That is haram, of course, (it was a non-religious, non-sunnah one), but it worked, and she told her husband if it was haram why does it work (or something like that...). He replied to her that there was probably a devil who used to poke her eye or something and cause it to twitch, and when she got the amulet he stopped doing it to trick her into committing shirk. :-\

P.S. Malaikah sis, isms are the names/attributes of Allah subhana wa ta'ala.
Malaikah sis? Are we sisters now? :D :p hehe kidding. ;D

- Qatada -
04-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Ok, thanks you guys don't think I'm a magician lol.
I think the bro just meant that its a sign of a magician to use talismans etc.

That's a better explanation, but my mind is still questioning certain things. For instance, spiritual healing is not ibadah itself but rather like any other good deed for the sake of Allah is also a form of ibadah. So how could it be classed as innovation in deen? It's not changing the way we should worship Allah.

I think the difference is that you're using Qur'an as a form of medicine, therefore it has to reflect the Sunnah. Whereas the other aspects are to do with medicine and worldly innovations. I'll give you an example:

I know of someone who met another man in the Masjid, he asked him some questions and that guy in the Masjid said that 'i give you ijaaza (permission) to do so and so.' The ijaaza was that if someone has a tooth ache, they should get a wooden plank and hammer in 3 nails. Then he recites some Qur'an or Allaah's names, he writes the name of the person with the toothache on the plank of wood, while the person with the tooth ache touches their tooth.

Now this depends on the intention, if its a scientific cure that you hammer some nails in a plank of wood to get rid of the toothache. Then that may be okay.

However, if the person is saying that hammering the plank of wood with nails is part of the ruqya, spiritual healing - then that is dangerous since that isn't in accordance with the Sunnah (unless proved otherwise.)

Again, in reality - the Ahlus Sunnah [people of the Sunnah] find evidence from Allaah's Messenger or his companions to do acts of worship, whereas the people of bid'a usually make something up, and try to find proof to backup their claim.

I've seen such things myself and they disgust me. But she might not have known she was commiting shirk. She might've prayed to a grave and thought that whover was in the grave would ask Allah on her behalf, yet it was her faith in Allah for which He bestowed her with a son? Only Allah knows if it was a test. Not saying what she did was right though. Also, I was 17 when I started practicing S.H. and I had no knowledge of what shirk is. Then would Allah swt, (sorry Allah ji) test me with something I'm ignorant of? :confused:

The people who do it in ignorance, Allaah may not punish them for that. However, when the clear evidences come to them - then they have to obey, otherwise they would be going against Qur'an & Sunnah and depending on what they're doing - they could either be doing a major sin, a bid'a or even worse than that.

You probably might hesitate before clicking on this link, but i think it's extremely important. The majority of us have been through it, and you will get attacked and be called by the 'W' title. But in the end, you will be proud of being called that since anything they say - you will have strong daleel/evidence from Allaah and His Messenger to counter act their argument inshaa Allaah.

So i urge you to check this link, it will have many answers to all of your questions inshaa Allaah:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...hab/index.html

There is no healer except Allah subhana wa ta'ala. Just as Allah gives us rain through clouds, He can also give shifa through other people.

When the Messengers' of Allaah came to their people, their people believed that Allaah existed, they believed that Allaah created them, sustains them and everything. However they felt that they weren't pious enough, and praying to these intermediarries would raise their duas' [supplications] to Allaah. This is what the christians do to Jesus son of Mary, Mary, their saints etc. And alot of muslims have fallen into the exact same trap.

Again, i'll let you check the link out inshaa Allaah and you'll see that the author himself hardly writes anything, he just quotes Allaah and His Messenger with authentic sources throughout. I hope you benefit from it inshaa Allaah, and know that you will become a stranger once you call people away from the way of their 'forefathers.'

When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah hath revealed:" They say: "Nay! we shall follow the ways of our fathers." What! even though their fathers Were void of wisdom and guidance?

The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout Like a goat-herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: Deaf, dumb, and blind, they are void of wisdom.

[Qur'an Al-Baqara 2: 170-1]

Snowflake
04-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Al Madani: Make sure you listen to them Insha'Allaah.
That sounds like an order. Loq, mashaAllah! I will listen to them bro. Perhaps a day at a time, since they are extremely long.

This man definetly is not holy. This action is known amongst the black magicians that jinns carry them around, they walk on water and all other sorts of deceptions. Sister, please take the time out, ASAP, and read this entire thread, start to end:
SubhanAllah, it never occured to me that jinns can carry people like that. But alhumdulillah, I have been avoiding the spiritual healing and I can assure you, there is absolutely no danger of me falling into something that's forbidden. Hence all the questioning. :)

do you mean healed by the black magic? It is an illusion... for example there was a story where the wife of one of the men from the early generations of Islam was using one of those amulet things to cure her twitching eye. That is haram, of course, (it was a non-religious, non-sunnah one), but it worked, and she told her husband if it was haram why does it work (or something like that...). He replied to her that there was probably a devil who used to poke her eye or something and cause it to twitch, and when she got the amulet he stopped doing it to trick her into committing shirk.
Now that is a real eye-opener. JazakAllah.

Malaikah sis? Are we sisters now? hehe kidding.
lolololol, did I ever say you were a brother? ;D

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2007, 11:47 AM
you know when someone vanishes or does whatever, you should know that RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) didnt suddenly vanish and start flying and neither did any sahaba (ra), many of these stories Allah hu alim lol, because they do sound strange, but some people have actually seen them so they have to be black magic

also when someone flies or does whatever, you should just say so what? :p because its defo gona be a magic trick done with jinns or something, the religion of islam is complete as it says in surah al maidah! so by someone flying or doin a magic trick thats not gona make a difference to islam,because islam dont need someone to fly to show its beauty, RasoolAllah (sal allah hualey hi wasalam) alredy showed the beauty of islam and the religion has been completed, it doesnt need anyone else or any other practices to be added in!! in pakistan people havent been educated thats the thing, and most people that visit these darbars and all these graves, are the poor people, they go their for food and stuff, and its sad because unfortunately they end up committin shirk and its because of lack of education of islam!

Snowflake
05-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Malaikah: do you mean healed by the black magic? It is an illusion... for example there was a story where the wife of one of the men from the early generations of Islam was using one of those amulet things to cure her twitching eye. That is haram, of course, (it was a non-religious, non-sunnah one), but it worked, and she told her husband if it was haram why does it work (or something like that...). He replied to her that there was probably a devil who used to poke her eye or something and cause it to twitch, and when she got the amulet he stopped doing it to trick her into committing shirk.
Me: Now that is a real eye-opener. JazakAllah.
I've had some second thoughts about this. I can understand a devil poking someone's eye and a majician telling it to go away etc.. But cancer isn't caused by the devils, so a majician can't tell it to go away. Hence, spiritual healing hasn't anything to do with majic. :-\

also when someone flies or does whatever, you should just say so what? because its defo gona be a magic trick done with jinns or something
yeh, ok. I'll shrug and say, "So what! It's not big deal!" lol
But somethings can't be explained by science, yet don't involve majic. For instance it could be a case of mind over matter. The Tibetan monks know a mental exercise by which they can make themselves feel warm in the cold climate, despite wearing minimal clothing. Also in Psychokinesis mental force (remote mental influence) can be used to move objects etc. It's simply learning how to manipulate energy just as a remote control for a TV.

I feel that as these things are not understood they are usually deemed haram and associated with jinns. But I don't believe that to be the case always.

Jinns don't go around doing favours for people. A jinns needs to be brought under control by a majician and that is not easy to achieve. They will try their best to resist capture. People have tried and some have been killed doing that (by jinns scaring the life out of them).

Healing can also be done by laying of hands on a patient. A healer transfers his/her energy into the patient. The is no such thing or belief in Islam, yet scientifically it is possible. I believe that because muslims are so behind in science that they have difficulty understanding these phenomenas. But really they are explainable.

Now this depends on the intention, if its a scientific cure that you hammer some nails in a plank of wood to get rid of the toothache. Then that may be okay.

However, if the person is saying that hammering the plank of wood with nails is part of the ruqya, spiritual healing - then that is dangerous since that isn't in accordance with the Sunnah (unless proved otherwise.)
Firstly, spiritual healing has got nothing to do with spirits. It means that when the body is ill, the soul is affected. Illness occurs when the balance of lights in the aura are reduced or in excess - distorting the balance. That's when colour therapy works. The treatment for cancer combines colour therapy to balance the reduction of the colour red lacking in the in the aura.

The taweez written by red food colour are drank by the patient. Why red? Again this is to stop the cancer attacking the red blood cells and attacking the red colour which is empty of nutrients. The lack of nutrients means the cancer starts dying, while the red blood cells are left alone to grow. How is the cancer confused to attack the food colour and not the cells? I believe that is with the isms of Allah subhana wa ta'ala writen in the taweez.

Therefore, my understanding of spiritual healing is that it it largely scientific and not majic by any means. Jinns or majic cannot cure cancer or any illness, except poking someone in the eye I suppose.

Islam recommeneds certain things for cures. But that is a collective recommendation for the Ummah. I find it hard to believe that an individual coming up with different cures might be going against the shariah when there is nothing haram involved in what they are doing.

True spiritual healers never practice anything untoward and they never charge for their services. To me spiritual healing is just treating the body and soul which althought not proven by science, consist of scientific elements. With any healing, using Allah's name for blessings cannot be haram.

some pics of the human aura

Malaikah
05-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Jinns don't go around doing favours for people. A jinns needs to be brought under control by a majician and that is not easy to achieve. They will try their best to resist capture. People have tried and some have been killed doing that (by jinns scaring the life out of them).

To the best of my knowledge, it is the magician who becomes under the control of jinn- the jinns get them to do some nasty stuff before they help them, the worst of which being shirk.

The taweez written by red food colour are drank by the patient. Why red? Again this is to stop the cancer attacking the red blood cells and attacking the red colour which is empty of nutrients. The lack of nutrients means the cancer starts dying, while the red blood cells are left alone to grow. How is the cancer confused to attack the food colour and not the cells? I believe that is with the isms of Allah subhana wa ta'ala writen in the taweez.
Are you saying that people actually use red food colour to write something thinking that it is going to be off help as part of this spiritual healing thing?

That sounds extremely haram to me... it might not be black magic, but it sounds like shirk if this is meant to be some kind of religious style healing thing. Mixing religious healing with some kind of colour superstition all in one... it just doesn't sound right, the healing comes from the trust in Allah and the proper use of Quran/names of Allah and other God related things, not from colour.

(p.s. from a scientific point of view that explanation makes no sense at all! Is the theory based only on the fact that red blood cells and red dye share the colour?:? Cell in the body don't interact with blood cells because they are red, it is a complex chemical process...)

The treatment for cancer combines colour therapy to balance the reduction of the colour red lacking in the in the aura.
There is no light inside the body, therefore there is no colour. There is nothing scientific about this:-\ .

Chromotherapy has been highly controversial, due to the fact that it does not follow the scientific method and can be categorized as a pseudo-science. At best the idea that chromotherapy works could be described by the scientific community as a hypothesis, but it has not been tested or proven that introducing colors is actually healing these people.

Chromotherapy doesn't satisfy either the falsifiability or verifiablity conditions needed to deem an experiment valid. There are many other things besides a color of a chakra being out of line that could cause an illness and therefore cause the chromotherapy treatment not to work. There are also many other reasons why someone would get better, such as proper rest, relaxation, use of other forms of treatment simultaeously etc, that would make the chromotherapy appear to work when it actually doesn't.

In order for chromotherapy to be proved as scientifically viable, there would need to be some sort of control used in these experiments. Chromotherapy ignores cases that don't work and treats any successful case as proof that it does work. In a scientific experiment this kind of reasoning would not work. The cases that don't work must be given as much weight as those cases that do in proving the effectiveness of chromotherapy. Having a control group would also prevent against the placebo effect, which could definitely be a contributing factor in patients using chromotherapy. (Carey, 2004)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromotherapy

Muslimah_sis, you really need to check out the links that Al Madani provided...

Snowflake
05-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Malaikah;727130]:sl:

To the best of my knowledge, it is the magician who becomes under the control of jinn- the jinns get them to do some nasty stuff before they help them, the worst of which being shirk.
Not necessarily. There are haram practices which enable man to capture a jinn and use it to do what he wants. A jinn can only make humans do what it wants if it possesses them. Remember a jinn need to be under the control of a majician when he's sent to possess someone.

Are you saying that people actually use red food colour to write something thinking that it is going to be off help as part of this spiritual healing thing?

That sounds extremely haram to me... it might not be black magic, but it sounds like shirk if this is meant to be some kind of religious style healing thing. Mixing religious healing with some kind of colour superstition all in one... it just doesn't sound right, the healing comes from the trust in Allah and the proper use of Quran/names of Allah and other God related things, not from colour.
lol colour superstition? If it wasn't scientifically proven, why are jaundiced babies treated with blue light which breaks up the bilirubin that's made them go yellow? Of course healing comes from Allah, but you still might take a paracetamol for a headache. :p

(p.s. from a scientific point of view that explanation makes no sense at all! Is the theory based only on the fact that red blood cells and red dye share the colour?:? Cell in the body don't interact with blood cells because they are red, it is a complex chemical process...)
Does now! :P It's not a theory. It's a fact - but not based solely on using colour. It's a combination of other things I mentioned before. But each colour has an energy, therefore why shouldn't it help with healing?

There is no light inside the body, therefore there is no colour. There is nothing scientific about this:-\ .
I didn't say the aura is inside the body. The aura is actually an electro-magnetic field which consists of seven layers and surrounds every living organism or object in the Universe. Every layer has it's own frequency which affects a persons mood, emotions, thinking, behaviour and health. Therefore a disturbance in the balance of these lights leads to disturbance in another. Another proof of how light affects us can be seen in how sunlight makes us feel happy

Chromotherapy has been highly controversial, due to the fact that it does not follow the scientific method and can be categorized as a pseudo-science. At best the idea that chromotherapy works could be described by the scientific community as a hypothesis, but it has not been tested or proven that introducing colors is actually healing these people.

Chromotherapy doesn't satisfy either the falsifiability or verifiablity conditions needed to deem an experiment valid. There are many other things besides a color of a chakra being out of line that could cause an illness and therefore cause the chromotherapy treatment not to work. There are also many other reasons why someone would get better, such as proper rest, relaxation, use of other forms of treatment simultaeously etc, that would make the chromotherapy appear to work when it actually doesn't.

In order for chromotherapy to be proved as scientifically viable, there would need to be some sort of control used in these experiments. Chromotherapy ignores cases that don't work and treats any successful case as proof that it does work. In a scientific experiment this kind of reasoning would not work. The cases that don't work must be given as much weight as those cases that do in proving the effectiveness of chromotherapy. Having a control group would also prevent against the placebo effect, which could definitely be a contributing factor in patients using chromotherapy. (Carey, 2004)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromotherapy

Muslimah_sis, you really need to check out the links that Al Madani provided...
similarly to what you have quoted above, spiritual healing doesn't qualify for scientific experiments. I know because I contact them to do it. Perhaps some but not all elements of S.P. can be proven scientifically, but that does not mean they do not work. Just as reading a duaa can heal someone, it can't be scientifically proven. Then how can spiritual healing be proven 100%, since it's a mix of holistic, spiritual and science combined.

Just for interest.. there's even a method to bring patients out of a coma. There's nothing mystical about it. It just involves burning a bit of (I think it was pure sheep/llalama wool) next to a coma patient so that they breathe it in. (Think smelling salts). There are no taweez involved at all in this treatment. Yet that's one treatment from spiritual/faith healing.

P.S. I will listen to the lectures inshaAllah. But it can take time as I usually come to my PC for a break from sewing and housework.

Snowflake
05-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Interesting response to the laying-of-hands method of healing - Reiki

Sheikh Ahmad Kutty
A Senior Lecturer and an Islamic Scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Question Salamu `Alaykum. Reiki is a Japanese art for healing which was re-discovered by Mikao Usui in early 1900. This is a way of treatment with the energy through the hands. While giving treatment, there is no such concept which is against our belief. However, the way of attunement and use of some signs* before a treatment is disturbing me and it seems to be deriven from Budha's thoughts.

I use Reiki with very firm belief in Allah, and there is no teaching of Budha's thoughts at all although I know that we should pray Allah before giving treatment to anybody. Could you please let me know if Reiki practice has any interaction with the teachings of Islam?

Answer Wa`alaykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

In The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

"If the kind of treatment you have indicated does not involve any procedures unacceptable in Islam, and there is no assuming of invoking anyone other than Allah for healing, then there is nothing in Islam objectionable to this practice.

In fact, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that if anyone can help his brother or sister in any way, let him do so without hesitation. Therefore, if Reiki has been found to be a beneficial method of treatment, a Muslim should never hesitate in making use of it."

Allah Almighty knows best.
signs* refering to symbols used in attunement when learning Reiki.

Snowflake
05-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Fatwa # 13859 from United Kingdom Date: Tuesday, January 31st 2006

Category
Psychological and Social

Title
A learned elder has told us to do taweez, as this method has also worked before. Is this a correct method. Is doing taweez shirk?

Question
My dad gambles, he has been gambling for the past 40 years. Know he is in his 50's. His gambling is destroying our family. What can we do to stop him from gambling? we have confronted him many times but he does not listen and now his gambling is getting worser. A learned elder has told us to do taweez, as this method has also worked before. Is this a correct method. Is doing taweez shirk?

Answer
To make Taweez is not Shirk. The following makes this clear.

Allah Taãla says in the Noble Qurãn, 'In the Qurãn is (spiritual, physical) cure for people.'

The opening chapter of the Noble Qurãn, Surah Faatiha is also called the chapter of Shifaa. It is recorded in the Bukhari Shareef vol. 1 p. , 'A ruler of a certain clan was stung by a creature, the people of the area requested the Sahaaba to cure him, one Sahaabi read Surah Faatiha and blew on the affected area and cured the ruler. The Prophet (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) even praised the Sahaabi for doing so.

From the above quotations, it is clear that the verses of the Noble Qurãn is a means of cure. Treating oneself with Taweez containing verses of the Qurãn is similar to treating oneself with medication. By using medication, one merely places his trust in Allah Taãla and use the medication as a means of cure. The effect in the means is with the Will of Allah Taãla so, too is the usage of the Taweez.

The art of making Taweez is a science independent to other known sciences. People who have studied this science are most knowledgeable to explain its vast understanding. One thing must be outlined at the outset is that anyone practising the making of Taweez cannot ascribe (in his method and application) partners with Allah Taãla. Any act of Kufr is unacceptable in Islam.

(^No such indication of shirk/kufar in SP)

The people during the time of Jaahiliyya had an incorrect belief that the stars and planets cause rainfall, but the Prophet (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) dismissed that. The drawings and illustrations used in Taweez are like the concepts used in geometry, etc. to arrive at a solution.

(^Like I explained before, the symbols are unseen shapes/forms of the disease.)

In conclusion, consider the following Hadith: Abu Khuzaymah (Radhiallaahu Ánhu) narrates from his father that he asked Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam), 'Inform me about Rukan (blowing in water and Taweez), medication, and means of security, does it change Taqdeer (predestination)? He replied, 'They (all the above) are within Taqdeer. (Mishkãt pg. 22)

It is our opinion that you refer your matter to a local Aalim for personal attention and guidance. You could refer to Hadhrat Mufti Ismail Kachholvi Saheb of of 71 Fairbank Road, Girlington, Bradford BD8 9JU Telefax: 01274-822538. He is one of the most senior Mufti of this time and also a senior Khalifah of Hadhrat Shaykh Zakariyyah [ra]. Many people have benefitted from his spiritual discourses and guidance.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

- Qatada -
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM

I strongly reccomend you to check this link inshaa Allaah:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...hap-06.html#f1

It's in regard to the views of Allaah's Messenger and the Sahabah on the taweez. And Allaah knows best.

Sojourn
12-29-2014, 06:27 AM
I was not aware some Muslims take recourse to magicians. Where in the Islamic world does this usually take place?

And I was caught off guard by number #8, I was not aware Jinn could be Christian (or any religion for that matter!)

Scimitar
01-07-2015, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

Sister, the squares and the numbers represent sigil magic... stay away!!! All magic is with the help of Jinn. Period.

Scimi

Scimitar
01-07-2015, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sojourn
I was not aware some Muslims take recourse to magicians. Where in the Islamic world does this usually take place?

And I was caught off guard by number #8, I was not aware Jinn could be Christian (or any religion for that matter!)
this may be of interest:

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.