/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Request to be deleted

NoName55
05-02-2007, 01:31 PM
:sl:

I Request to be deleted because I am sick and tired of my posts being deleted by kiddie MODs repeatedly as being off topic.

Latest example being deleted from Is it allowed to see the face of a niqaabi?

:w:

P.S. It was NOT off topic (One had to give proof of nikaab being fardh or otherwise, before one could reply to the question and that is what I did).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
05-02-2007, 02:00 PM
:salamext:

Why don't you take your requests and complaints to moderators or Admins, and inshaAllah they will get back to you ASAP. There's no need to speak so harshly about others.

------
05-02-2007, 02:02 PM

No one is speakly harshly. The fact is that there are some immature moderators in this forum does not help. Not referring to anyone in particular btw.

NoName55
05-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Why don't you take your requests and complaints to moderators or Admins, and inshaAllah they will get back to you ASAP. There's no need to speak so harshly about others.

Then no one else would see the abuse that is being perpetrated against Innocent Muslim posters. Since this is my final thread I have nothing more to fear.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Yeh well, no names mentioned, lets respect their privacy Inshaa Allaah.

Umar001
05-02-2007, 02:12 PM
What amazes me is that forget who is Mod or not, for all I care the Mods could be the worst people ever, but for real I dont get this whole outcry.

I've had people take not just a forum post, but take ajr from me.

But lets try keep it between ourself and Allah and if we want then the person involved.

Seriously, guys if anything pm me noone of this 'Delete this..' and then putting a smiley, what's the point?

In the end if the mods are the worst misguided people then we should help them and if they are right then we should be helped by them.

I do speak to some mods and they do make mistakes but guys maybe that mistake is a way for you to ern ajr by being patient and talking nicely?

I dont know, dont end up firing at me too now!

Woodrow
05-02-2007, 02:16 PM

When a person disagrees with the decision of a moderator the best option is to PM the moderator and explain your concern. Nearly always an understanding will be reached.

On the rare occasion, that does not resolve the problem PM any of the Super Mods that may be on line. Those are the Blue People. Rarely will it ever need to go beyond that.

Each moderator here is very dedicated and does have a very strong sense of fair play. I do not know of any moderator that has any personal grudges against any member. The simple truth is that for the benefit of all, some posts are not beneficial, no matter how good we personally may believe them to be.

Finally, in the event of disagreement it is always best to handle it inter-personally than to publicly post it.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
The one big problem here is the 'If you aint Salaaafi, you aint right' attitude, now I dont mind being corrected but atleat give us the reasons why a post/thread has been deleted, rather then and automated messasge that we shouldn't reply back to. If someone has anything at all against a salafi view they'll be deleted.

like this post will be I bet.

siFilam
05-02-2007, 02:27 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

I don't like the fact many threads are closed so often. this is a forum, so lets have discussions without crossing the line set by Qur'an and Sunnah.

wasalam
-SI-

Umar001
05-02-2007, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
The one big problem here is the 'If you aint Salaaafi, you aint right' attitude, now I dont mind being corrected but atleat give us the reasons why a post/thread has been deleted, rather then and automated messasge that we shouldn't reply back to. If someone has anything at all against a salafi view they'll be deleted.

I dont totally agree with that, I remember there was some proper illogical views and I spoke to the brother in an open thread, he showed his evidence I showed mine and so forth, that thread if I am not mistaken still lives today, the brother left without answering, and is posting other stuff on the forum.

I dont agree with clsoing a thread without providing a reason and so forth, but it can be time consuming brother let's be honest right? Sometimes Mods even ask before deleting posts taht the person posting edits it.

The reality is this, if there are some concepts which I might think are wrong, lets say this concepts appear am I gonna have to pm every person every reason why I deleted things, maybe I will but it takes time, lets come to agree then that deleting something isnt done out of hate but out of love, you correct the person you love and leave astray the person you are not bothered about thats the truth.

format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

I don't like the fact many threads are closed so often. this is a forum, so lets have discussions without crossing the line set by Qur'an and Sunnah.

wasalam
-SI-
Sometimes topics involve matters which are not clear cut though.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

wasalam
-SI-

agreed :)

MinAhlilHadeeth

Maybe threads wouldn't get closed so often if people could debate politely? Please see the FAQ, this is not a fiqh board.

- Qatada -
05-02-2007, 02:36 PM

I think we might just get more mods to respond to all the posts we have to delete.. seriosly its hard work to delete every single post and give a detailed explanation for it.

Because usually when we delete alot of posts, we delete alot of posts 'together' because 1) We know it will cause more chaos and arguments if we leave it there i.e. if its a sectarian issue, or 2) It's an issue which scholars differ on i.e. whether niqaab is waajib or not for example.

The amount of threads made in a day are alot, and we also have lives aswell init? So we gota sometimes delete alot of things together, and even if we are kids, who else is going to run the place? Most adults usually have a full time job and family to support - so they can't really work full time on the forum anyway.

If the aim of the forum is to teach people the way of Ahlus Sunnah - should we actually allow people to post things which contradict that? If we do - we are blameworthy of it because there are also people on the forum who may not be sure of the answers. So we allow you to PM us for info related to that if you're unsure, we don't stop you from PM'ing to discuss the issue, we just don't want to be blameworthy of allowing something which may cause harm to others viewing it.

Think about it - if we don't follow Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah, who's interpretation do we really follow? Weren't they the most guided people? Again - if you have a response, just PM and we can discuss it inshaa Allaah.

I hope you all understand that we don't get payed for this, and we don't want to cause ourselves and others to be misguided either. So we stick to the original teachings of the 3 best generations of muslims [the sahabah, their students and their students.]

------
05-02-2007, 02:36 PM

You mean debate with an open mind. :rollseyes

So we stick to the original teachings of the 3 best generations of muslims [the sahabah, their students and their students.]
Ur right akhee.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

Maybe threads wouldn't get closed so often if people could debate politely? Please see the FAQ, this is not a fiqh board.
so nobody should post anything to do with fiqh?

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-02-2007, 02:40 PM

No, that's not what I meant. On-going debates about fiqh should not go on.

This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources. 8% warning

Muhammad
05-02-2007, 02:41 PM
:wasalamex

The Moderators of this forum are doing their best to ensure that the rules are being abided by. This means that threads and posts are inevitably going to be deleted, moved, merged or whatever else is seen as necessary; but please bear in mind that it is not an "abuse" or attack on any member.

format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
Your whole premise is based on this vague notion that this forum does not welcome every sincere who wish to learn more about Islaam. What you're advocating is a discussion group where we discuss and debate with the people who do not adhere to the way of Ahlus Sunnah (such as the Raafis,Qadianis, etc).

In addition, you're holding this perception that we are harsh against individuals who belong to certain groups and sects and for that I have never come across a statement from the staff of this forum where we banned members because they belonged to a different group. Rather, we do not wish to engage in to sectarian discussions and have opened a separate section for that lest fitnah should arise. If you're filled with motivation to engage in sectarian talks, then there are plenty of forums where they allow this type of discussions.

One should understand that this is a forum based on the adherence of the way of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah which is the creed of the companions, their successors and their followers' followers, the four imaams and those who followed them exactly in faith. We do not affliate with any ahzaab, sect, groups or ideologies. Your frustration lies in with the ghulaat who masquerade with the affiliation with the maddhab of the salaf such as salafipublications.

The problem with the lack of unity in the contempary world is due the gross lack of understanding of what Allaah (Exalted is He) has commanded the believers.

Allaah (Exalted is He) did not use the word 'unite' in the aayah:

"And hold fast to the Rope of Allaah and do not be divided", he uses the word 'hold fast' as in clinging to an object which is our 'Aqeedah. Once we hold fast to the 'Aqeedah of Ahlul Sunnah, we can come together and unite. And hence, we are trying to instill the correct 'Aqeedah and fundamentals of this Deen so that the believers are united.
It isn't about the word "salafi", it is about the authentic teachings of Islaam according to the Qur'an, the Sunnah and the understanding of the foremost generations.

If anyone wishes to receive a more detailed reply as to why their post was deleted, they simply have to pm the Moderator in question. Sometimes it isn't possible to write a full reason in an automated reply or when dozens of other posts are deleted alongside your own.

This is where the problem lies: "without crossing the line". Discussions where people are not observing Islamic etiquettes of respect are unacceptable, and neither are those where people are arguing over detailed issues of Islam that nobody is qualified to discuss. Please bear in mind the following forum rule:

12. This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.

Lastly, we all make mistakes and we are all open to correction, so please forgive and excuse any mistakes we have made.

format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
Remember that if one detects a hint of harshness from his fellow Muslim, he should give him naseeha for the sake of Allaah and not rebuke him publically and accuse him since these are all basic foundations of manners in Islaam.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I think we might just get more mods to respond to all the posts we have to delete.. seriosly its hard work to delete every single post and give a detailed explanation for it.

Because usually when we delete alot of posts, we delete alot of posts 'together' because 1) We know it will cause more chaos and arguments if we leave it there i.e. if its a sectarian issue, or 2) It's an issue which scholars differ on i.e. whether niqaab is waajib or not for example.

The amount of threads made in a day are alot, and we also have lives aswell init? So we gota sometimes delete alot of things together, and even if we are kids, who else is going to run the place? Most adults usually have a full time job and family to support - so they can't really work full time on the forum anyway.

If the aim of the forum is to teach people the way of Ahlus Sunnah - should we actually allow people to post things which contradict that? If we do - we are blameworthy of it because there are also people on the forum who may not be sure of the answers. So we allow you to PM us for info related to that if you're unsure, we don't stop you from PM'ing to discuss the issue, we just don't want to be blameworthy of allowing something which may cause harm to others viewing it.

Think about it - if we don't follow Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah, who's interpretation do we really follow? Weren't they the most guided people? Again - if you have a response, just PM and we can discuss it inshaa Allaah.

I hope you all understand that we don't get payed for this, and we don't want to cause ourselves and others to be misguided either. So we stick to the original teachings of the 3 best generations of muslims [the sahabah, their students and their students.]

I see what your saying but we wouldn't even be having this discussion if there wasn't a problem with the way most people are being treated.

If the aim of the forum is to teach people the way of Ahlus Sunnah - should we actually allow people to post things which contradict that? If we do - we are blameworthy of it because there are also people on the forum who may not be sure of the answers.
How do we know it contradicts ahlus sunnah when it is deleted straight away without anybody giving reasosn for or against it? I would much rather see a discussion for a bit and then the mods closing the thread if it gets too out of hand. Atleast i'll be able to make my own view rather then think I'm being dictated against.

tomtomsmom
05-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Perhaps if more members followed the rules set forth on this board then posts/threads wouldn't need to be deleted or closed. I think the mods are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. We are all human and not one of us are perfect. Cut them some slack and if you have a problem then take it to them in private instead of having an open blame game! It isn't fair to them. They aren't paid for this. If it werent' for our mods this forum wouldn't be here. So lets all try to show a little appreciation. I would like to personally thank each and every one of the mods, super mods, and admins for running this site and giving me a place to learn and ask the dumb questions!!!

Let us all remember the old saying -People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!!!

siFilam
05-02-2007, 03:05 PM

How do we know it contradicts ahlus sunnah when it is deleted straight away without anybody giving reasosn for or against it? I would much rather see a discussion for a bit and then the mods closing the thread if it gets too out of hand. Atleast i'll be able to make my own view rather then think I'm being dictated against.
true, y not keep those types of post. instead of just deleting them the mods can add a comment that this is not according to the ways of Ahuls Sunnah.
To understand whats good you have to know what is the evil.

then again, people with sick motivations will use them to misguide others.

wasalam
-SI-

Muhammad
05-02-2007, 03:05 PM

It is important to remember our limitations when it comes to in-depth issues about Islam. It is unwise to get into a debate over a matter which requires much knowledge and understanding of the religion, as this is something for those who are learned. As lay people, we are not qualified to evaulate different evidences and come to a well-informed conclusion, and this is why threads about such matters are closed to stop people speaking without knowledge and being only further confused.

There are many sites and people of knowledge out there which will handle more in-depth questions and aspects of Islam, so please feel free to utilise them.

I see what your saying but we wouldn't even be having this discussion if there wasn't a problem with the way most people are being treated.
We try our best to treat everyone with respect. If you feel you have been wronged, please mention it to me and I will look into the matter for you, Insha'Allaah :).

Woodrow
05-02-2007, 03:07 PM

No mod enjoys deleting posts. That is the most difficult part of being a mod. Our life would be much easier if we did not have to make the decision of deleting a post or thread.

Quite often a seemingly innocent remark is deleted. However that is usually because a thread has gone "OFF TOPIC" and there may be an entire page of posts that are related to that "New Topic" They will all be deleted in an attempt to bring the thread back to it's original topic. sometimes the poster does feel they gave a legitimate reply to a comment. They may have, except the comment they replied to was Off Topic of the original thread.

Closing a thread is not a negative thing. The closure is done to protect the integrity of the original topic. The thread can still be read and seen by all members. The action is usually taken because the thread has exhausted all expected debates. When that happens the posts turn to hate, arguments, other subjects and nonsense. You usually will not see those posts on the closed threads as they are often deleted before the thread is closed.

Personal comments to the posters would be nice. I believe most if not all mods do try to do that. But, some days it is not possible. We are human and we have our limitations as to how much we can do at a time. We are in different time zones around the world, there are times when anyone of us may be the only mod on line for several hours at a time. Believe it or not Mods do stop to sleep sometimes.

InToTheRain
05-02-2007, 03:12 PM

I feel the Bro's pain, its hurts when the people put in the time and effort to ask questions to educate themselves or benefit the people on the forum then you suddenley get that **** e-mail about post being deleted. Indeed the fact that the reason for deleting them could be for something "off -topic" (when in fact it was on topic and one question can lead to another) it gets deleted....

The moderator doesn't even give a second thought about the effort or intention of the person making or trying to make a contribution to the thread. at the very least at keep the post open it in another thread instead of wasting their efforts?

May Allah(SWT) guide us towards having the Adab of Mohammad(SAW)

Beblessed
05-02-2007, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah

Ameen

Muhammad
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

You are right brother, it would be frustrating if much time and effort was spent on a post, and we apologise for those instances. Sometimes a deleted off-topic discussion is one that we feel is best unresponded to and avoided, perhaps because ill-feelings have been created for example or the posts are based around an offensive post that was deleted.

For those off-topic discussions which are useful and deserve their own thread, we do sometimes create a new thread for them or merge them with existing threads on the same topic.

tomtomsmom
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM

I feel the Bro's pain, its hurts when the people put in the time and effort to ask questions to educate themselves or benefit the people on the forum then you suddenley get that **** e-mail about post being deleted. Indeed the fact that the reason for deleting them could be for something "off -topic" (when in fact it was on topic and one question can lead to another) it gets deleted....

The moderator doesn't even give a second thought about the effort or intention of the person making or trying to make a contribution to the thread. at the very least at keep the post open it in another thread instead of wasting their efforts?

If you read through a thread it is usually very easy to see when it is going offtopic. If you have something you would like to say about the "new" topic then open another thread about it. But letting a thread go off topic isn't helpful. There have been many threads that I have replied to that have gone off topic and my reply to the original post is ignored because it isn't about the off topic posts. How is that fair? I don't like my efforts being wasted either.

I am a mod on another forum and I can tell you all that it isn't as much fun as it looks like. Before I became a mod there everyone loved me. Now I have the responsiblity of making sure things are the way they are supposed to be. Suddenly I am the evil mod that goes and deletes and edits peoples posts. I don't want to be that person. But I was asked to help and so I do. If you haven't been there then you don't know how it is.

siFilam
05-02-2007, 03:23 PM

I think going off topic is part of human nature. or maybe just part of me.
how about the mods relax about the off topic posts. sometimes they are important.

wasalam
-SI-

Muhammad
05-02-2007, 03:28 PM

I think going off topic is part of human nature. or maybe just part of me.
how about the mods relax about the off topic posts. sometimes they are important.
It does sometimes happen, but I believe in most cases the off-topic posts are not important. It is usually a private discussion that should be held in pm, or people arguing with each other, or brothers and sisters freemixing or everyone indulging in an idle topic - we must remember the Islamic principle of speaking a good word or remaining silent, and if there is nothing beneficial to add to a topic then there is no need to unnecessarily have a conversation with another member as though in a chat room. Posts may remain behind long after a person leaves.

InToTheRain
05-02-2007, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
If you read through a thread it is usually very easy to see when it is going offtopic. If you have something you would like to say about the "new" topic then open another thread about it. But letting a thread go off topic isn't helpful. There have been many threads that I have replied to that have gone off topic and my reply to the original post is ignored because it isn't about the off topic posts. How is that fair? I don't like my efforts being wasted either.

I am a mod on another forum and I can tell you all that it isn't as much fun as it looks like. Before I became a mod there everyone loved me. Now I have the responsiblity of making sure things are the way they are supposed to be. Suddenly I am the evil mod that goes and deletes and edits peoples posts. I don't want to be that person. But I was asked to help and so I do. If you haven't been there then you don't know how it is.
I appreciate that if it goes off topic the focus on the topic is lost, all im saying is dont delete it and put it in the trash, have respect for the persons time and efforts, put it in another thread for them or suggest they open one up if you as an Mod can't be bothered.

May Allah(SWT) guide us towards the Adab of the Mohammad(SAW)

Woodrow
05-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I appreciate that if it goes off topic the focus on the topic is lost, all im saying is dont delete it and put it in the trash, have respect for the persons time and efforts, put it in another thread for them or suggest they open one up if you as an Mod can't be bothered.

May Allah(SWT) guide us towards the Adab of the Mohammad(SAW)

That would be very good, if it were always possible. Sadly the best of situations do not always arise.

My situation is probably the best life for a mod. I am retired and seldom leave home. I have no real material responsibilities and no set sleep hours. But, the rest of the mods do have real lives to live, they have family cares, work and/or school. they also need set sleeping hours.

Even with my total lack of an outside life, I find it very difficult to keep up with the forum at times. I can only imagine the difficulties the other mods face.

It seems like it would be a simple thing to just move a post and start a new thread, in theory it should only take a few seconds. However, it entails reading through an entire thread to see what needs to be moved together, during that time posts are being reported, new threads and posts are waiting approval, links on the pages need to be checked for validity. Of course when you really get bogged down a drove of trolls will show up and begin trashing the boards. In the mean time you get side tracked with what you where trying to do to keep from having to delete a thread and you find yourself swamped. Now, when I really get wrapped up and tied up, that will be when one of my Grandkids will come running in to want some attention. Sorry, I do brake for the Grandkids. (Hmmm, I do have a life after all).

I do not know of any mod here that does not want the forum to be an educational and enjoyable place for each and every member. Fairness for all is difficult to achieve without some concessions needing to be made by all.

chacha_jalebi
05-02-2007, 08:39 PM
the best way to confront a problem with a post being deleted or something is to contact the mod who moderates that section and they will let you know which mod deleted your post, and then you can pm that mod and ask them, starting threads like these make the problem a bigger one then the one it is.

i dont think the mods have a bias againist anyone or anything, they just doing their job :D

also i think that LI could do with a few more mods *cough cough* *wink wink* :D

InToTheRain
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

That would be very good, if it were always possible. Sadly the best of situations do not always arise.

My situation is probably the best life for a mod. I am retired and seldom leave home. I have no real material responsibilities and no set sleep hours. But, the rest of the mods do have real lives to live, they have family cares, work and/or school. they also need set sleeping hours.

Even with my total lack of an outside life, I find it very difficult to keep up with the forum at times. I can only imagine the difficulties the other mods face.

It seems like it would be a simple thing to just move a post and start a new thread, in theory it should only take a few seconds. However, it entails reading through an entire thread to see what needs to be moved together, during that time posts are being reported, new threads and posts are waiting approval, links on the pages need to be checked for validity. Of course when you really get bogged down a drove of trolls will show up and begin trashing the boards. In the mean time you get side tracked with what you where trying to do to keep from having to delete a thread and you find yourself swamped. Now, when I really get wrapped up and tied up, that will be when one of my Grandkids will come running in to want some attention. Sorry, I do brake for the Grandkids. (Hmmm, I do have a life after all).

I do not know of any mod here that does not want the forum to be an educational and enjoyable place for each and every member. Fairness for all is difficult to achieve without some concessions needing to be made by all.
Indeed sounds like a load of work :( wouldn't wanna take time away from your grandchildren due to deleting threds chacha-Jee so next time :( ... I hear you guys np, the Mods life isn't exactly the high life and it maybe too late for the machlee once its caught :cry:
But not all mods are the same, some just abuse their power :raging: but in your case keep up the good work :thumbs_up
DO NOT GO TO TEH />4R1< 51D3..kk I,ll shut it now, np this post most prob get deleted anyways ;D

^^^ I think I see a machlee :rollseyes

Md Mashud
05-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Look here, mods stating we shouldn't discuss certain issues - Yet when someone does - but to a salafi point - its never deleted - infact somtimes just locked so it can't be refuted...

This forum is wanting people to follow 1 angled opinions - Listen, this isnt my opinion - its the fact of the forum.

Umar001
05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Look here, mods stating we shouldn't discuss certain issues - Yet when someone does - but to a salafi point - its never deleted - infact somtimes just locked so it can't be refuted...

This forum is wanting people to follow 1 angled opinions - Listen, this isnt my opinion - its the fact of the forum.
If this was the problem then threads like this would be done away with from the start:

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...buh-human.html

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-02-2007, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
If this was the problem then threads like this would be done away with from the start:

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...buh-human.html
That's rather unusual to not have been closed/deleted. It's a good thread i'm reading through it now. Those are the threads we hear balance of diffrent views, just like a debate where both parties present there arguments and it's upto the audience to make their minds up.

Jazzak'Allah

Md Mashud
05-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Wow, so you found 1 or 2 which hasnt been done, obviously this means its untrue that it happens?.... Infact, recently several incidents have already occured.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2007, 10:56 PM

I think we should all take the time to read Br. Muhammad's post here and some of us should read it twice:
http://www.islamicboard.com/728254-post17.html

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-02-2007, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

I think we should all take the time to read Br. Muhammad's post here and some of us should read it twice:
http://www.islamicboard.com/728254-post17.html
which part of it do you think the people haven't understood enough to read it twice?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM

All of it.

tomtomsmom
05-02-2007, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55

I Request to be deleted because I am sick and tired of my posts being deleted by kiddie MODs repeatedly as being off topic.

Latest example being deleted from Is it allowed to see the face of a niqaabi?

P.S. It was NOT off topic (One had to give proof of nikaab being fardh or otherwise, before one could reply to the question and that is what I did).

It would be nice for bro to stay but if he wants to go then that is his choice.

I see no purpose for this thread to have gone on as long as it has. Enough with the back and forth. :enough!: :enough!: :enough!:

NoName55
05-02-2007, 11:45 PM

To those who are advocating Private communication between complainaint and MOD: It does not work, In private some of them get worse.

To those who claim that only posts of followers of salaf are allowed: It is not true. I made a few few posts pro Imam Ibn Wahhab, first those were moved to sectarian forum then deleted, because I had accused Al-saud family of being killers of Muslims. Also no post of mine is ever pro ahl al-bidah or any sect or madhab.

Biggest problem as I see it is that some staff like to pander to European sounding names. While At least three have very minimum of knowledge for them to be able to judge whether a post is off topic or sectarian or extremist. When one complains in private they become stubborn and never want to admit to having made a mistake.

As I have said in my initial post, the reason my post was detailed was because a simple yes or no answer would have been deleted as per forum rules by one of the educated staff for being a guess or being made without Islamic knowledge or reference. But when one gives detailed answer those of no knowledge who don't understand it, delete it as off topic.

Joe98
05-03-2007, 12:42 AM
As I see it:

A person starts a thread discussing Topic “A”

The response is that “A” is due to “B” and so we need to get to the bottom of “B” so we can resolve “A”

The response is that “B” is due to “C” and so “C” is discussed.

The Mods say “C” is going off topic and delete a whole bunch of posts. It becomes quite silly.

snakelegs
05-03-2007, 06:29 AM
NoName55,
please reconsider. i've enjoyed your posts and learned from them. i will miss you.

snakelegs
05-03-2007, 06:37 AM
The one big problem here is the 'If you aint Salaaafi, you aint right' attitude. If someone has anything at all against a salafi view they'll be deleted.
even i, as a non-muslim have noticed that this is often the case.
the feeling is that there is complete unanimity in islam and no diversity of opinion on rulings whatsoever.

vpb
05-03-2007, 06:49 AM
sis, there is no need to make divisions, many times i'm hearing from people "he is a salafi, he is a ikwhans", why are people doing this? I understand if you say "he uses the salafi method of dawa or ikwhan method of dawa", but when you say i.e "he is a salafi" , you are automaticly creating groups, and saying that you don';t follow the path of the sahabas. we are all supposed to follow the way of our salafs, cuz they are the sahabas, our ancestors, they are the blessed generation. so quit naming groups, cuz there are no groups, it's just one , and it's called Muslims and they follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah ,if you don't follow them you're not a muslim.(i'm talking here in general) it's simple.

and please everyone have some patience.

snakelegs
05-03-2007, 06:51 AM
i do want to add that in general, i think the mods do a really good job and i appreciate that it is what makes this forum so good. i realize it is time-consuming and not particularly fun to be a mod.
but still...

vpb
05-03-2007, 06:58 AM
i do want to add that in general, i think the mods do a really good job and i appreciate that it is what makes this forum so good. i realize it is time-consuming and not particularly fun to be a mod.
but still...
it's true, and maybe they make mistakes some times, but still people need to swallow things a little bit more, bc patience is very very much rewared by Allah swt.
When one of the sahabas entered the masjid and the Prophet saws said that he is one of the people of Jannah, Omer r.a was interested what did he do that he earned Jannah, he couldn't see any thing special that he does, so he tried somehow to go to his house for couple of days, and he realized that he doesn't even wake up during the night for tahajjud, and he was wondering so much how did this person win jannah, and when he asked him , he said, before I go to sleep , everyone that has done bad to me, I forgive them (make it hallall to them).

so please be patient :D

Muhammad
05-03-2007, 03:29 PM

That's rather unusual to not have been closed/deleted. It's a good thread i'm reading through it now. Those are the threads we hear balance of diffrent views, just like a debate where both parties present there arguments and it's upto the audience to make their minds up.
Firstly, let us understand that this forum does not affliate with any sect, group or ideology. We should not use labels to divide us. We are all Muslims, and we follow Islam as it was revealed in the Qur'an by Allah, explained in the Sunnah by the Prophet Muhammad صلّى الله عليه و سلم and as it was understood by the companions and the early Muslims.

What we should also remember is that nobody on this board is a scholar or a shaykh, and that many of us are simply lay people who have little knowledge about Islam. This is why prolonged threads arguing over fatwas and details of Islamic law are closed - because nobody is qualified to answer such questions.

In cases where there are differences of opinion among the scholars, the audience cannot simply "make their own mind up" by posting fatwas and using their own reasoning because we do not have the knowledge to evaluate different evidences and distinguish between the authentic and the weak, and we cannot place our limited understanding over that of the scholars. If we look at the advice of Sheikh Saalih Al-Munajjid (who is quoting other scholars):
If the Muslim has enough knowledge to enable him to compare the views of the scholars based on the evidence and to decide which is more likely to be correct, and he can tell what is more correct and more likely to be correct, then he must do that, because Allaah has commanded us to refer disputed matters to the Qur’aan and Sunnah, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“(And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination” [al-Nisa’ 4:59]

So he should refer the disputed matter to the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and whatever appears to him to be more correct, based on the evidence, is what he should follow, because what is obligatory is to follow the evidence, and he may refer to the words of the scholars to help him understand the evidence.

But if the Muslim does not have sufficient knowledge to enable him to decide which of the scholarly opinions is more likely to be correct, then he should ask the people of knowledge whose knowledge and religious commitment he trusts and then follow the advice or fatwas they give. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So ask the people of the Reminder if you do not know” [al-Anbiya’ 21:43]

If their opinions differ, then he should follow the one who is most trustworthy and most knowledgeable. This is like when a person falls sick – may Allaah give us all good health – and he looks for the most trustworthy and knowledgeable doctor so that he can go to him, because he is most likely to give him the right treatment than anyone else. It is more important to be on the safe side in religious matters than in worldly ones.

It is not permissible for the Muslim to follow whatever scholarly opinion suits his desires if it goes against the evidence, or to seek fatwas from those who he thinks are going to be lenient in their fatwas.

Rather he has to be on the safe side when it comes to his religion, and ask the scholars who have the most knowledge and are most fearing of Allaah.
It has also been advised that a person should not speak about things of which he has no knowledge, and if he does not know something, he should say, “Allaah knows best". He should also avoid speaking about topics he is unsure of, and should stick to things he is certain about.

To those who are advocating Private communication between complainaint and MOD: It does not work, In private some of them get worse.
If you have had a bad experience speaking to a staff member in private, then you should contact a more senior member to deal with the situation and I am sure they would be more than willing to resolve any problems. Private communication does work, and it has worked many times before.

As I have said in my initial post, the reason my post was detailed was because a simple yes or no answer would have been deleted as per forum rules by one of the educated staff for being a guess or being made without Islamic knowledge or reference. But when one gives detailed answer those of no knowledge who don't understand it, delete it as off topic.
It is quite possible that staff misjudge posts and make mistakes; nobody is denying that. If ever someone feels they were entitled to post something, all they have to do is ask the staff member to reconsider and explain your view.

We have to also bear in mind that sometimes staff take an action based on multiple reasons, but these cannot be accurately explained in one line in an automated message, as we have already mentioned before.

Last of all, we must all remember that we are Muslims and our goal is to please Allaah (swt). We should try to avoid getting into conflict and causing anything that might divide people or create rifts; we have been taught to be forgiving and understanding towards our brothers and that we should make excuses for them. Let's try to act on this and leave things that will not benefit us Insha'Allaah.

NoName55
05-03-2007, 03:38 PM
MashaAllah! jazakAllah Khairan wa Salaam Alaikum

NoName55
05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
NoName55,
please reconsider. i've enjoyed your posts and learned from them. i will miss you.
Thank you Brother, and other brothers and Sisters who communicated in private; I have reconsidered and decided, instead, to take a break for few days or weeks

Ma'asalaama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.