PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Zakir Naik



Uthman
08-09-2005, 07:51 PM
:sl:

Born-October 18, 1965 in Mumbai, India

A medical doctor by degree, Dr. Zakir Naik is renowned as a dynamic international orator on Islam and Comparative Religion. Any Person who listen's to his question and answers session is going to be astonished and overwhelmed as he clarifies Islamic viewpoints and clears misconceptions about Islam, using the Quran, authentic Hadith reciting each and giving each Surat, Ayat number(by heart) and he has not only learned Quran and Hadith by heart but has also learned several Bibles, the Talmud and the Torah (the Jewish scriptures), the Mahabharata and the Bhagwat Gita (the Hindu holy books), and other scriptures and gives very satisfying answer in conjunction with reason, logic and scientific facts. He has learned hundred and thousands of pages from different books by heart and has the knowledge of scientific and mathematical facts and theories. Dr. Zakir is popular for his critical analysis and convincing answers to challenging questions posed by audiences specially non-muslims, after his public lecture. By the way remember he is not 70 years old ,but just 38.

In the last 7 years, Dr. Zakir Naik has delivered more than 700 public talks in the U.S.A., Canada, U.K., Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, South Africa, Mauritius, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Guyana (South America) and many other countries, in addition to numerous public talks in India. His lists of guests have included ambassadors of the respected countries, Army Generals, Political Leaders, Sports Persons, religious scholars , entrepreneurs, and most importantly the ordinary people.

He has successfully participated in several symposia and dialogues with prominent personalities of other faiths. His public dialogue with Dr. William Campbell (of USA), on the topic, “The Quran and the Bible in the light of Science” held in city of Chicago, U.S.A., on April 1, 2000 was the most famous one.

He is also the founder and chairman of Islamic Research Foundation .

The Islamic Research Foundation (IRF), Mumbai, India, is a registered non-profit public charitable trust. It was established in February 1991. It promotes Islamic Da’wah - the proper presentation, understanding and appreciation of Islam, as well as removing misconceptions about Islam - amongst less aware Muslims and non-Muslims

IRF uses modern technology for its activities, wherever feasible. Its presentation of Islam reach millions of people worldwide through international satellite T.V. channels, cable T.V. networks, internet and the print media. IRF's activities and facilities provide the much needed understanding about the truth and excellence of Islamic teachings - based on the glorious Qur'an and authentic Hadith, as well as adhering to reasons, logic and scientific facts.

Dr. Zakir Naik appears regularly on many international T.V. Channels in more than 100 countries of the world. He is regularly invited for T.V. and Radio interviews

More than a hundred of his talks, dialogues, debates and symposia are available on video cassettes, video CDs and audio cassettes by www.irf.net . He has authored books on Islam and Comparative Religion.

One example of his abilities was revealed during an airport incident in Los Angeles.

Where the security precaution post-9/11 has spawned complaints by visiting Muslims about harassment, especially over their inability to express themselves well enough to give convincing answers. But not for Dr. Zakir Naik, , who landed in Los Angeles airport on October 12 for a day's visit to receive an award for Service to Islam and humanity given by the International Islamic Internet University in Los Angeles.

When he was asked about his treatment by immigration officers he replied

“For me there was no problem and the people's behaviour was very nice”

Well when a Saudi newspaper interviewed him and investigated further, it was found that With his beard and Islamic skullcap, Dr. Naik did not escape notice at Los Angeles airport and so was immediately hauled in for questioning. After he was taken to the investigation room for question and answers, the custom officers started asking the question about different topics and also asked about his views on Sep 11 attacks he condemned the attacks ,then the officers asked about the Word “JIHAD”, he started quoting from several versions of the Bible, the Holy Quran, the Talmud and the Torah (the Jewish scriptures), the Mahabharata and the Bhagwat Gita (the Hindu holy books), and other scriptures he know by heart. And he proved that the concept of true “JIHAD” is not only Islamic but universal. Custom officers became curious and started putting more and more question, he continued to reply with his wisdom, knowledge and Logic, an hour passed, a long line of people were waiting for questioning ,so he was allowed to go and when he got up and left room about 70 officers from the airport surrounded him started following him to know about their own religion and Islam. Afterwards custom officers told that they were just astonished and they had never seen a person with so much knowledge.

Sheikh Ahmed Deedat, the world famous orator on Islam and Comparative Religion, who had called Dr. Zakir, "Deedat plus" in 1994, presented a plaque in May 2000 awarded to Dr. Zakir Abdul-Karim Naik for his achievement in the field of Da’wah and the study of Comparative Religion with the engraving "Son what you have done in 4 years had taken me 40 years to accomplish, Alhamdullilah.”

Zakir continues to amaze people, with his Genius Personality, and continues to travel around the word giving lectures, conducting Da’wah training programs including international training Programs for training Muslims to effectively convey the message of Islam.

:w:

Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ژاله
12-23-2006, 01:15 PM
zakir naik ????????
mashallah!!!!!!! what a good memory Allah has bestowed him with
simply amazing
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-23-2006, 03:14 PM
hes a legendddd..!! mashallah he so talented :-\
Reply

chacha_jalebi
12-23-2006, 03:50 PM
hes my uncle :p naa mashallah he is a true scholar :D

like in real life he stutters, but before he stutters, he uses the dua of Hadhrat Musa (as) for speech thingy :D and he gets tick tock :D mashallah:D

and apart frm dat, no1 can mess with him :p like he jus ansas any Q :p bless him:D
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-23-2006, 07:33 PM
does he stutter? didnt no dt :D
Reply

ژاله
12-28-2006, 09:00 AM
i wonder how devoted this man is to islam!!!!!!!!! must be followed...
u ppl watch peace tv????
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 03:19 PM
:O wot channel is it? on sky..?
Reply

mohammed farah
01-02-2007, 03:34 PM
hes a very intelligent man and answers the questions perfectly, ive seen so many of his lectures on the internet
Reply

mohammed farah
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
:O wot channel is it? on sky..?
i dont thing its on sky:?
Reply

Sanobar
01-02-2007, 03:42 PM
:sl:

zakir naik is truly awe-insipring! :):)

:w:
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 04:02 PM
aww isnt it :(

hes top.. serious.. mashallah Allah gave the man such knowledge :D
Reply

ژاله
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
peace channel is on earth....
a channel of dr.zakir naik(from india)
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-05-2007, 06:13 PM
^o)

wot channel on sky DIGITAL :D
Reply

Ersan
07-22-2007, 03:05 AM
This brother is so good, mashaAllah, he's trully devoted to the spreading of islam:)

Here is Peace TV, of Zakir Naike: http://www.peacetv.in/


Satellite : PAS - 10
Transponder : 2c
Satellite Position : 68.5East
Frequency : 3783.25, FEC - 2/3
Symbol Rate : 3250
Polarization - Horizontal
OR
Satellite : ARABSAT BADR-2(2C)
Satellite Position : 26 East
Frequency : 3760 FEC:3/4
Polarization : Horizontal
Symbol Rate : 27500
OR
Satellite : ARABSAT BADR-3(3A)
Satellite Position : 26 East
Frequency : 12207 FEC:3/4
Polarization : Vertical
Symbol Rate : 27500

For furthur deatails please contact your Service Provider.

To Advertise on PEACE TV

Email:
advt@peacetv.in

Contact
Dubai:
+971-4-3679236
+971-50-4833646

Saudi Arabia:
+966-55-9234578
+966-1-4625008

India:
+91-9821864188
Reply

Abdul-Raouf
07-22-2007, 03:18 AM
Originally Posted by Ersan
This brother is so good, mashaAllah, he's trully devoted to the spreading of islam:)

Here is Peace TV, of Zakir Naike: http://www.peacetv.in/


Satellite : PAS - 10
Transponder : 2c
Satellite Position : 68.5East
Frequency : 3783.25, FEC - 2/3
Symbol Rate : 3250
Polarization - Horizontal
OR
Satellite : ARABSAT BADR-2(2C)
Satellite Position : 26 East
Frequency : 3760 FEC:3/4
Polarization : Horizontal
Symbol Rate : 27500
OR
Satellite : ARABSAT BADR-3(3A)
Satellite Position : 26 East
Frequency : 12207 FEC:3/4
Polarization : Vertical
Symbol Rate : 27500

For furthur deatails please contact your Service Provider.

To Advertise on PEACE TV

Email:
advt@peacetv.in

Contact
Dubai:
+971-4-3679236
+971-50-4833646

Saudi Arabia:
+966-55-9234578
+966-1-4625008

India:
+91-9821864188
Jazakallah Khair ...
Reply

Ersan
07-22-2007, 03:22 AM
Amin wa iyyake ya akhy :D
Reply

Rafeeq
08-03-2008, 07:40 PM
very nice history of Dr. Zakir
Reply

manaal
08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I watch Dr. Naik's lectures and Q & A sessions in Peace TV whenever i get a chance. His knowledge is truly amazing. And he answers questions so well. Masha Allah. May Allah Bless him to do better and better. And he's only 38? I thought he may be older than that! (but his kids are so young, i should have realised)
Reply

chances
11-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Ahmed Deedat the great scholer from S Africa said Dr Zakir Naik is Ahmed deedat times 2
Reply

Mysterious Uk
11-03-2008, 03:32 PM
I just watched one of his shows today, i think the best think about him is the way he talks; you can see how passionate he is about Islam. Plus you could never get bored by him.
Reply

Danah
11-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Masha allah, Dr Naik is such an amazing person..........I am so amazed by his memory masha allah, May allah help him to spread the Dawah

I am always watching his shows on Huda and Peace TV
Reply

sirajstc
01-09-2009, 09:44 AM
he is best may allah bless him
Reply

Olive
01-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Wow, big bump. :p

Masha'Allah... he is really good. May Allah bless him. :)
Reply

AnonyMouse~
02-09-2009, 02:24 PM
He really is amazing mashaAllah..May Allah reward him greatly!

and thanks for the Peace TV site :O
Reply

nazish
04-03-2009, 06:36 PM
:sl:

Dr. Zakir Naik is truly awe-inspiring person!
:w:
Reply

ayan333
04-03-2009, 07:29 PM
:sl:

Indeed he is mashALLAH...i would love to be the female version of him...he answers questions directly from the Quran or the Sunnah then says them in arabic,english and then urdu..Amazing...then again his teacher was Ahmed Deedat (may ALLAH (SWA) haver mercy on him)\

:w:
Reply

chacha_jalebi
04-03-2009, 07:31 PM
^ aww inshallah sisterrr you can be the female version of him!
Reply

ayan333
04-03-2009, 07:40 PM
:sl:

^ im so serious.keep me in your Duas InshALLAH.


:w:
Reply

Ali_008
04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
:sl:
He truly is outstanding. The way he answers and gives exact references is truly Allah's mercy on him. May Allah grant him more success in Da'wah.
Reply

3isha
05-04-2009, 04:20 PM
wow he is amazing, the way he responds to other critics of islam

and his memory is one in a billion

:)

btw i went to his IRF last year :), they have a store of great books, videos and DVDs, and other islamic stuff
Reply

IHaveADream
05-05-2009, 03:48 AM
I have listened to this man for many years, but lately I was looking into his `Da`wah`to an atheist and found a bit of either incorrect facts or intellectual dishonesty on his part, I could expand if anyone is curious about it.
Reply

Uthman
05-05-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by IHaveADream
I have listened to this man for many years, but lately I was looking into his `Da`wah`to an atheist and found a bit of either incorrect facts or intellectual dishonesty on his part, I could expand if anyone is curious about it.
Please expand. I am curious. :)
Reply

GreyKode
05-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by IHaveADream
I have listened to this man for many years, but lately I was looking into his `Da`wah`to an atheist and found a bit of either incorrect facts or intellectual dishonesty on his part, I could expand if anyone is curious about it.
Go ahead please.
Reply

Najm
05-05-2009, 10:59 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Alhamdulillah!! Love learning from his lectures. He is very young at the age of 43!!! MarshaAllah!

FiAmaaniAllah
Reply

IHaveADream
05-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Ha... censorship is one of the worst forms of intellectual dishonesty. But if it is the only way to shelter the minds of those you deem to be too weak to handle dissent, then so be it.
Reply

GreyKode
05-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by IHaveADream
Ha... censorship is one of the worst forms of intellectual dishonesty. But if it is the only way to shelter the minds of those you deem to be too weak to handle dissent, then so be it.
blah blah .., what happened to "No body post a link to a video by a certain scholar"?
I thought you were an independent thinker, not just relying on someone else's ideas. Why don't you be original and show us what is it that you discovered to be intellectually dishonest about Dr. Zakir Naik.
Reply

Tony
07-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by IHaveADream
Ha... censorship is one of the worst forms of intellectual dishonesty. But if it is the only way to shelter the minds of those you deem to be too weak to handle dissent, then so be it.
Dr Naik is awesome and dedicated to spreading the Word of Allah,just remind me, who are you ?:raging:
Reply

Yanal
07-09-2009, 07:49 AM
:salamext:

Patience is the key to heaven. brother Tony have patience and try to understand the view of him/her as the person of her/his religion. If we[muslims] were at a sikh board,would we want to be questioned impatiently?

Btw Dr.Zaik is awesome,I see him on Geo or QTV.
:w:
Reply

HinduIconoclast
07-31-2009, 01:06 AM
I have heard numerous lectures by Dr. Zakir Naik and I think he is absolutely amazing. His knowledge of Islam, Hinduism, and Christianity, and his sheer memory is unparalleled among the speakers that I have heard on any subject with the notable exception of his teacher Ahmed Deedat.

To you people who are claiming that he is dishonest or trying to cover up the truth, I would very much like to see what proof you have for your accusations.
Reply

GuestFellow
08-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by IHaveADream
Ha... censorship is one of the worst forms of intellectual dishonesty. But if it is the only way to shelter the minds of those you deem to be too weak to handle dissent, then so be it.
Ah...

Are you going to post anything credible?
Reply

Deep Cove
08-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Asalam Alaykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh.Is this the person you are all addressing of?Link.If so any videos recommended to new reverts would be inshallah deeply appreciated.Jazakallah kaur

:)
Reply

Tony
08-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by IHaveADream
I have listened to this man for many years, but lately I was looking into his `Da`wah`to an atheist and found a bit of either incorrect facts or intellectual dishonesty on his part, I could expand if anyone is curious about it.


Maash'Allah if you are correct it is a mistake and not dishonesty, Maash'Allah Dr Zakir Naik is human and has made a mistake subhan Allah wal Alhamdulillah Allah will surely forgive any tiny mistake he makes and use it to further improve The brothers awsome Da,wah project. May Allah bless Dr Zakir Naik in this life and the next, Ameen
Reply

bamboozled
08-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tony
Maash'Allah if you are correct it is a mistake and not dishonesty, Maash'Allah Dr Zakir Naik is human and has made a mistake subhan Allah wal Alhamdulillah Allah will surely forgive any tiny mistake he makes and use it to further improve The brothers awsome Da,wah project. May Allah bless Dr Zakir Naik in this life and the next, Ameen
Could not have said it better. End of the Day he is human.

Dont forget he is firing chapter after chapter, in arabic, then english, then he comments on it. It can get a little hectic I imagine.


Btw, I am sure someone would have said this but just a mini-bump Dr Naiks Tv Channels are

820 - SKY Peace Tv
841 - Sky Peace Tv Urdu
(Mum loves that one)
Reply

bamboozled
08-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Deep Cove
Asalam Alaykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh.Is this the person you are all addressing of?Link.If so any videos recommended to new reverts would be inshallah deeply appreciated.Jazakallah kaur
Thats the man alright. I love him soo much lol.

You would really need to be more specific bro/sis. What is it you would like to know more about?

He talks about everything Mashallah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blV4lgUfobI
He clears up the meaning of Jihad, tbh cant really go wrong with him. Forward to 3mins in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbQNawjcJg4
Question about Non Veg food

http://www.youtube.com/peacetv123#pl.../2/5w1hCeoez3Q
For Islamic History but that is by Yusuf Qhadi, but he is amazing to Mashallah.

http://www.youtube.com/peacetv123
Check the main video on that site is really nice to.

If there is anything you would like to know just post a thread or PM me.

Btw check by post b4 this, he has his own TV channel (820Sky)
Reply

qweretyq
08-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tony
Maash'Allah if you are correct it is a mistake and not dishonesty, Maash'Allah Dr Zakir Naik is human and has made a mistake subhan Allah wal Alhamdulillah Allah will surely forgive any tiny mistake he makes and use it to further improve The brothers awsome Da,wah project. May Allah bless Dr Zakir Naik in this life and the next, Ameen
If it is a mistake, then surely he can be forgiven. However, upon viewing his video on evolution, it is apparent he is using copied notes or rehearsed answers rather than do research on his own.

It is blatantly obvious that he has never read Darwin's book, as his speech is inundated with factual errors and false statements. Additionally, he does not have a sound understanding of science and takes numerous quotes out of context.

His other videos, such as the one on polygamy, have numerous factual errors as well. He also contradicts the Quran in some parts.

It amazes me that many of my fellow Muslims blindly follow what he says and are so amazed by his answers that they don't bother following his statements up with research of their own.

All of the above is based on my research and watching his videos but I don't care to argue this subject further. However, if anyone wants to see where he goes wrong, I'd be glad to help point you to certain videos, but you have to examine it on your own.
Reply

Tony
08-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by qweretyq
If it is a mistake, then surely he can be forgiven. However, upon viewing his video on evolution, it is apparent he is using copied notes or rehearsed answers rather than do research on his own.

It is blatantly obvious that he has never read Darwin's book, as his speech is inundated with factual errors and false statements. Additionally, he does not have a sound understanding of science and takes numerous quotes out of context.

His other videos, such as the one on polygamy, have numerous factual errors as well. He also contradicts the Quran in some parts.

It amazes me that many of my fellow Muslims blindly follow what he says and are so amazed by his answers that they don't bother following his statements up with research of their own.

All of the above is based on my research and watching his videos but I don't care to argue this subject further. However, if anyone wants to see where he goes wrong, I'd be glad to help point you to certain videos, but you have to examine it on your own.


So what do you think his motivation is ? he is an amazing brother and nothing you can say about him can ever lessen the respect I have for him. Dedicated brother who has given everything to bring knowledge to people. Your entitled to your veiw even if its only you that sees it that way brother. peace and reapect
Reply

Ali_008
08-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by qweretyq
If it is a mistake, then surely he can be forgiven. However, upon viewing his video on evolution, it is apparent he is using copied notes or rehearsed answers rather than do research on his own.

It is blatantly obvious that he has never read Darwin's book, as his speech is inundated with factual errors and false statements. Additionally, he does not have a sound understanding of science and takes numerous quotes out of context.

His other videos, such as the one on polygamy, have numerous factual errors as well. He also contradicts the Quran in some parts.

It amazes me that many of my fellow Muslims blindly follow what he says and are so amazed by his answers that they don't bother following his statements up with research of their own.

All of the above is based on my research and watching his videos but I don't care to argue this subject further. However, if anyone wants to see where he goes wrong, I'd be glad to help point you to certain videos, but you have to examine it on your own.
I don't know if he has done some research on any science but his answers are based on the works of Harun Yahya. I have not found any errors in his answers, they sound logical all the time. Yeah, in his initial years some of his answers were ambiguous but if you ask him those questions now, he'll give you a very fair and logical response.

Contradicting the Qur'an??? you must be the first HUMAN to say that. I've seen tonnes of criticism for him and nobody ever said that he contradicts the Qur'an. Moreover, even if he makes mistakes then why do you start opposing him? He's just a human not some God sent Prophet to get his mistakes corrected the moment he commits them.

:?
Reply

qweretyq
08-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ali_008
I don't know if he has done some research on any science but his answers are based on the works of Harun Yahya. I have not found any errors in his answers, they sound logical all the time. Yeah, in his initial years some of his answers were ambiguous but if you ask him those questions now, he'll give you a very fair and logical response.

Contradicting the Qur'an??? you must be the first HUMAN to say that. I've seen tonnes of criticism for him and nobody ever said that he contradicts the Qur'an. Moreover, even if he makes mistakes then why do you start opposing him? He's just a human not some God sent Prophet to get his mistakes corrected the moment he commits them.

:?
My intention is not to question to his motivation, it's simply to analyze the accuracy of the facts he provides.
And it is a FACT that he makes numerous scientific errors.

When you say that you do not find any errors, have you watched his video on evolution?
You might be right that his answer in that video is based on Harun Yahya, but then Harun Yahya is wrong. My point is that it is ok to make mistakes, as I am sure there is tremendous pressure speaking in front of a large audience. However, taking numerous quotes out of context and providing factual scientific inaccuracies is not an honest method of argument and is not justified under any circumstance.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that his method of arguing is not honest. Too often are his arguments filled with errors and seem deceptive.
What frustrates me is that instead of thinking for themselves and analyzing his arguments, many Muslims are simply "Oh he is so wonderful I love him," and go on to blindly repeat one of his "scientific" proofs
Reply

qweretyq
08-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I do have complaints against this man, but that is probably going off topic so I just stick to his arguments.

Those you who claim to absolutely love him, have you checked out his International Islamic School. Have you checked what they require (no TV in house, full burka all workers), what they teach (no nonmuslim friends, no associating with non-muslims at all) etc?

Full on irrational fundamentalism

My brother was enrolled in there because my mom thought that they have good Islamic studies and Arabic, and this much I agree.
The rest of my family (full of devout muslims, probably much better than me) just about had it with the school and took him out.

But this is all attacking his practice, and not his arguments, so I will refrain from saying any more unless someone wants to continue this through PM.
Reply

Ali_008
08-11-2009, 04:29 AM
^^^ Well, if he's trying to revive the times of Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam), is he commiting a crime?? Did any of the Sahaba had TV or anything similar to it in their homes? They're asking the children not to get too much involved with non-Muslims and thats not his view, there are two verses in the Qur'an that state this.

Surah Ale Imran (Surah # 3) verse 28
Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah.

Surah An Nisa (Surah # 4) verse 144
O ye who believe! Take not for friends unbelievers rather than believers: Do ye wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves?

Those are Yusuf Ali's translation and Dr. Zakir Naik himself once said that the word used in these verses for friends has another meaning and thats "protectors", so Allah has warned us from getting too close and personal with Unbelievers. Its not that being with them is Haraam but you must not let your faith alter in their company. Association with them is rather encouraged with them when you teach them Islam. Not that you have to hammer them everyday saying "Islam is the truth!! Islam is the truth!!" but clear the misconceptions they have about us.

I can see that the school has strict practices but they're not wrong. I know it can get difficult to be a Muslim every second but the angels are recording our deeds every second and so we have to be on guard....

Coming to the errors part, please let us know the errors you've found in his arguments and if most of them are about evolution then I don't think anybody here can answer those. Moreover, evolution remains to be a matter of debate even today throughout the world, 50% of the scientists claim to have proved it and the other half don't find their proofs reliable enough to state that evolution is a fact. Lets just wait and watch.

For all those people who keep attacking the fact that Allah made man from clay and rely on evolution for their argument, I'd just say:

"Wait ye: we too are waiting."
Surah Anam (Surah # 6) verse 158
:w:
Reply

Santoku
08-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Uthmān
Please expand. I am curious. :)

Well there is his diatribe against pigs:-

"The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate."

Really? He clearly does not know much about natural history, if you want a short life just try and interfere with the mate of a natural pig! Wild boars do not just use their tusks for rooting about.

"The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt"

Wrong! A pig is naturally one of cleanest animals on the planet,they may be kept in faeces but that is not their choice.
Reply

qweretyq
08-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Ali_008
^^^ Well, if he's trying to revive the times of Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam), is he commiting a crime?? Did any of the Sahaba had TV or anything similar to it in their homes?
...
Coming to the errors part, please let us know the errors you've found in his arguments and if most of them are about evolution then I don't think anybody here can answer those. Moreover, evolution remains to be a matter of debate even today throughout the world, 50% of the scientists claim to have proved it and the other half don't find their proofs reliable enough to state that evolution is a fact. Lets just wait and watch.
If you don't see the ridiculousness of your first questions, I am not going to bother replying. (Hint-Sahaba did not have TVs or cars or computers etc)

Secondly, I will stay away from arguments of his practice as I stated above. That information was just to inform those that "love" this man to look at everything he stands for and not just his "debates."

And lastly, the errors do not refer to controversial evolutionary debate, but rather about FACTS he provides and deceptive methods he uses to debate. For more info, watch those videos and read my posts above; I don't care enough to argue this further.
Reply

Ali_008
08-13-2009, 04:42 AM
^^ what I meant was even if they had TV during their times, they would not keep one in their homes considering the fitnah it brings along. :ermm:
Reply

qweretyq
08-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Ali_008
^^ what I meant was even if they had TV during their times, they would not keep one in their homes considering the fitnah it brings along. :ermm:
Weak.
You are not qualified to make such a judgement.
Also the same track of thinking that Zakir Naik uses.

I have come to realize that what I am trying to do here is hopeless. You cannot make someone study, research and learn even if the truth is in front of them (although it takes a bit of effort to get there).
Reply

Ali_008
08-14-2009, 09:04 AM
So the judgment I made that the Sahaba were very pious people and staunch in forbidding evil wrong!!! Lets put it to a vote :popcorn:
Reply

qweretyq
08-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Ali_008
So the judgment I made that the Sahaba were very pious people and staunch in forbidding evil wrong!!! Lets put it to a vote :popcorn:
You misunderstood me.
The judgement you made about hypothetical situations such as what they would have done if inventions were available back then is not qualified.

Why Allah chose to reveal Islam during that specific period cannot be understood by us. Hence, we cannot, and should not, speculate on how Sahaba would behave had they had bits of modern culture. We should only use their examples and behavior back then to learn how to behave for ourselves in our own time period. (There is a difference, a major one, between the last two sentences).

And saying that we can only truly practice Islam by throwing out all the TV's in our household (such as the children are taught and questioned before being admitted) is a ridiculous conclusion of the manner of thinking you posit above.
Reply

qweretyq
08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Before you respond, take a second to watch Zakir Naik's videos again. This time clear your head and watch him with a critical eye - Ask yourself what someone opposed to him would say. Research the passages and lines he refrences and most importantly observe his method of argument.
Then analyze the pros and cons of both stances.

This is how arguments strengthen, and philosophy grows.

But alas, I realize most people do not care or have saboor to go through such a process in learning Islam for themselves.
Reply

pamuk7
01-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by HinduIconoclast
I have heard numerous lectures by Dr. Zakir Naik and I think he is absolutely amazing. His knowledge of Islam, Hinduism, and Christianity, and his sheer memory is unparalleled among the speakers that I have heard on any subject with the notable exception of his teacher Ahmed Deedat.

To you people who are claiming that he is dishonest or trying to cover up the truth, I would very much like to see what proof you have for your accusations.
Both Deedat and Naik have made pretty serious mistakes. For example, read Deedat's statement of kufr:

"It was the 12th of Rabi I., in the year of the Elephant, or the 29th of August 570 of the Christian Era that Muhummed the Praiseworthy, on whom all praise is due, was born in the sacred city of Makkah in pagan Arabia." [Ahmed Deedat - Muhammad (PBUH) The Natural Successor To Christ - Page 2].


As for Zakir Naik, he calls Christians and Jews who believe in only one God and do not associate partners with Allah as "true believers"
(Source: peacetv.in/faq/faq5_43.html).
Reply

Riana17
01-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Asalam Alaikkum

May Allah bless us with many people like Dr Zakir Naik

Ameen ya rabb, nice thread btw
Reply

Uthman
01-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by pamuk7
Both Deedat and Naik have made pretty serious mistakes. For example, read Deedat's statement of kufr:

"It was the 12th of Rabi I., in the year of the Elephant, or the 29th of August 570 of the Christian Era that Muhummed the Praiseworthy, on whom all praise is due, was born in the sacred city of Makkah in pagan Arabia." [Ahmed Deedat - Muhammad (PBUH) The Natural Successor To Christ - Page 2].
I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt - this could have been an innocent mistake that he made without thinking much about it. But I do realise your language was very precise - you said the statement is one of kufr as opposed to declaring him a kaafir.
Reply

pamuk7
03-16-2012, 07:15 PM
A statement of kufr uttered by Zakir Naik:

"If you believe there's one God, and if you do not believe Jesus is God and he's Messenger of God, and if you believe that Prophet Muhammad is God, then in Arabic, I say that you have submitted your will to God, you become a Muslim."
(Source: youtube.com/watch?v=Ktq5KqXsj3A#t=633s).
Reply

Azraq
03-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Even monkeys fall from trees.
Reply

Uthman
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by pamuk7
A statement of kufr uttered by Zakir Naik:

"If you believe there's one God, and if you do not believe Jesus is God and he's Messenger of God, and if you believe that Prophet Muhammad is God, then in Arabic, I say that you have submitted your will to God, you become a Muslim."
(Source: youtube.com/watch?v=Ktq5KqXsj3A#t=633s).
Oh c'mon. It's obvious that was a slip of the tongue and he doesn't actually believe that.
Reply

GodIsAll
03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
I have a little trouble comprehending his accent at times. When the audio is good, however, I enjoy listening to Dr. Naik. He seems to emit passion, love and care for all.
Reply

Insaanah
03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by pamuk7
A statement of kufr uttered by Zakir Naik:

"If you believe there's one God, and if you do not believe Jesus is God and he's Messenger of God, and if you believe that Prophet Muhammad is God, then in Arabic, I say that you have submitted your will to God, you become a Muslim."
(Source: youtube.com/watch?v=Ktq5KqXsj3A#t=633s).
Have you actually watched any more of that video you posted? Watch it 27 seconds later, right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktq5KqXsj3A#t=660s

"....If you agree there is one God, and you agree Prophet Muhammad :saws: is the messenger of God, then khalas..."

It is clear what he meant to say.

The first occurrence was a slip of the tongue that even the audience seem to have understood as such, or maybe didn't even notice.

Let us think well of our brothers, rather than picking one unintentional statement out of tens of thousands, where a slip of the tongue occurred and accusing them of making statements of kufr.

It is through His Mercy that Allah does not take us to task for unintentional slips of our tongues, and is not so harsh with us as humans are:

"Allah is happier with the repentance of one His slaves when he turns towards Him, than one of you would have over his mount, which, having escaped from him with his food and drink in the middle of the desert so that he has despaired of finding it, and gone to a tree to lie down in its shade, suddenly appears standing by him while he is in that state, so that he takes its reins and then says out of the intensity of his joy, 'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Lord!', erring out of happiness." [Muslim]

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.
Reply

Hulk
03-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Dr Zakit Naik, awesome guy :statisfie Though personally I am no longer interested in debates I remember being awed by his incredible memory. He also has a good sense of logic which I think is much too overlooked these days.
Reply

True-blue
04-29-2012, 10:39 AM
He is a great Human. I really like his Dawah. May Allah forgive him and all other Muslims for their sins, and let us stay away from backbiting.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 09:22 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:55 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 03:07 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!