/* */

PDA

View Full Version : more questions :)

caroline
01-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Sorry about all my questions! But here's another one...

Is it true that the Prophet (pbuh) stoned adulterers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
01-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Is not the prophet...lol

is everyone...the public.

if only the prophet...i think the punishment won't be that effective.

Malaikah
01-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Yes, that is the punishment.

‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, when he was sitting on the minbar of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with the truth, and revealed to him the Book. One of the things that He revealed was the verse of stoning, which we have read and understood. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) carried out the punishment of stoning and we did so after him. I fear that as time goes by, people will say, ‘We do not find any mention of stoning in the Book of Allaah,’ so they will go astray by forsaking an obligation that was revealed by Allaah. In the Book of Allaah, stoning is the punishment deserved by any previously-married person, man or woman, who commits adultery, if proof is established, or pregnancy results, or he or she confesses.

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2462; Muslim, 1691)

Please note that although the punishment is severe, the requirements that must be meet before anyone can be stoned to death are very strict:

Zina can only be proven by the testimony of four men who see the act take place with their own eyes, and see the male private part enter the female private part, or by the unforced confession of the man or woman who committed zina.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=8980&ln=eng
(I edited that a little to make it less explicit, and zina means adultery).

And obvious the adulters can only be sentences by relevant authority.

m123
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
assalamu alaykhum,

Imaam Ahmad said: “Yazeed ibn Haaroon told us that Jareer told us that Saleem ibn ‘Aamir told us, from Abu Umaamah that a young man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, grant me permission to commit zinaa.’ The people turned to him and told him off, saying, ‘Ssh!’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Come closer,’ so he came closer. He told him, ‘Sit down,’ so he sat down. He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your mother?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their mothers.’ He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your daughter?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their daughters.’ He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your sister?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their sisters.’ He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your paternal aunt?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their paternal aunts.’ He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your maternal aunt?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their maternal aunts.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put his hand on him and said: ‘O Allaah, forgive him his sin, purify his heart and make him chaste.’ After that, the young man never paid attention to anything of that nature.”

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And those who invoke not any other god along with Allaah, not kill such life as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse – and whoever does this shall receive the punishment. The torment shall be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace; except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds, for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, then verily, he repents towards Allaah with sincere repentance.” [al-Furqaan 25:68-71]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chosen
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
I think that to compare the laws of secular society to religious laws set down by a prophet is unfair..their can be no comparrison..if you are muslim you consider the laws and punishments of islam to be god sent..therfore, they are in a class all their own..so please dont try to justify cpital punishment in any religion..to the acts of a secular society not basing their punishments on religious laws..if you believe in islam and believe their punishments are just..just say so..you are entitled to your opinions without having to justify them..

Whatsthepoint
01-03-2008, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Zina can only be proven by the testimony of four men who see the act take place with their own eyes, and see the male private part enter the female private part, or by the unforced confession of the man or woman who committed zina.[/INDENT]
Men as in humans or men as in males? If the latter, why can't women testify?

snakelegs
01-04-2008, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
unaware of even very basics such as capitalizing of initial letters of the name of The God, Allah etc. (to differentiate between Him and gods of moshrikeen)
sorry to go off topic here but is it offensive to people that i don't capitalize God, Allah etc? i never capitalize anything unless i am seeking emphasis, but if it's offensive to people, i will make an effort to correct this.

adeeb
01-04-2008, 02:39 AM
it is true...stoned the adultery...

Malaikah
01-04-2008, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
It might be humans but I don't know.

If it is the latter, then I'm not complaining- it just means it makes it even harder to convict someone.

But I don't know which it is.

ummzayd
01-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Yes, that is the punishment.

[INDENT] ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, when he was sitting on the minbar of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with the truth, and revealed to him the Book. One of the things that He revealed was the verse of stoning, which we have read and understood. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) carried out the punishment of stoning and we did so after him. I fear that as time goes by, people will say, ‘We do not find any mention of stoning in the Book of Allaah,’ so they will go astray by forsaking an obligation that was revealed by Allaah. In the Book of Allaah, stoning is the punishment deserved by any previously-married person, man or woman, who commits adultery, if proof is established, or pregnancy results, or he or she confesses.
:sl:

I am confused here. The command to stone adulterers is certainly not in the quran. it is reported in hadith that it was there before, but was removed - is that correct? so although it is not in the quran now we must believe it was there previously and act as if it is still there.....is that correct?

:w:

Malaikah
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummzayd
I am confused here. The command to stone adulterers is certainly not in the quran. it is reported in hadith that it was there before, but was removed - is that correct? so although it is not in the quran now we must believe it was there previously and act as if it is still there.....is that correct?

That is what I understood from the hadith- that the verses where removed by the command remains but I can't give you a certain answer on that. Perhaps someone else is more knowledgeable about it.

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
:salamext:

This thread might be abit relevant insha Allah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...effect-me.html

The punishment of stoning is the hadd punishment for the married adulterer, which essentially entails that it functions exclusively as a deterrent. Here's why. To apply this punishment you need four witnesses to the actual act of penetration who observed it from four different angles and if there is even the slightest contradiction in the most minute details of their testimony, they are punished with eighty lashes for false accusation of adultery. Thus, the implementation of the hadd punishment for zina is a practical impossibility.

As the fatwâ committee under the supervision of Shaykh 'Abdul-Wahâb At-Turaryrî notes:

It is not enough for four people to show up at court and give testimony. The witnesses and their backgrounds have to be carefully scrutinized by the courts to determine their trustworthiness and honesty. They have to be able to demonstrate that they saw the crime. It is not easy to explain how one was able to witness such an act without being guilty of any wrongdoing oneself. The witnesses have to see actual sexual penetration. This is not an easy thing to explain.

If the condition of four witnesses of determined trustworthiness is not fulfilled, each of those who accused the person of adultery is given 80 lashes with a whip as the punishment for bearing false witness.

Allah says: “And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations), flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors.” [Sûrah al-Nûr: 4]

The punishments for fornication and adultery are designed more to protect society from the open practice of licentious sexual behavior than they are designed to punish people.
It is nearly impossible to get a conviction for adultery except in a case where it is carried out in public for all eyes to see. With this threat of severe punishment, people will keep their evil deeds concealed and society as a whole will be protected.

It is worth noting that in the 1400 years of Islamic history, these stringent conditions have never been met even once. And due to the deterrent effect, sexual immorality is suffocated and eradicated in an Islamic society.

In spite of all this, if the impossibility became reality and the punishment were to be carried out, then how would it be done? For the person who is convicted of such a heinous licentious act they would be placed in a pit and pelted to death while covered by a cloth so that their 'awrah is not exposed. If it is by confession and not conviction, they would have the opportunity to retract their confession at any point in time and so they would not be placed in a pit. No one is allowed to curse the person who undergoes this or express pleasure.

For the reasons outlined above, it is evident that whatever movie you have seen could by no stretch of the imagination be construed as Islamic, as this punishment is a practical impossibility and even then would never occur in the manner described.

thirdwatch512
01-04-2008, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caroline

Quran
- Come not near to adultery ---- 17: 32;

- The adulterer and adulteress, flog them 100 lashes - let it be witnessed - do not let pity for them

cause you to disobey Allah, if you believe in Allah and Last Day --- 24: 2;

- Adulterer can only marry adulteress - adulteress can only marry adulterer or idolater - all that

forbidden to believers -- 24: 3;

- Cannot accuse women without 4 witnesses -- 24: 4;

- Nor commit adultery - whoso does this shall pay the penalty - the doom shall be doubled for him on

Day of Judgment save him who repent, believe and do righteous works - for such Allah will change

their evil deeds for good deeds --- 25: 68-70;

- If believing women come to take Oath of Allegiance swearing they will not --- nor commit

adultery ---60: 12;

Hadiths
- If a man finds another committing adultery with his wife, should he kill him? No.B1-248-415, B6-242-269"

- Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) ordered stoning to death of Jews who committed adultery B2-231-413,

B9-475-633

- Prophet’s (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) dream about hell and what happens to adulterers B2-262-468

- Umar (Radhiallaahu Anhu) lashed a man who committed adultery B3-271-CH

- Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) deputise another to stone adulteress to death if she confessed

B3-292-508

- One does not have perfect faith while committing adultery. B3-394-655

- Go to the wife of this man and stone her to death B3-535-860, B9-232-303

- One who did not worship anyone besides Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) will go to heaven even if he committed adultery B4-296-445

- Be afraid of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) - Do not deflower me illegally - the three men in the cave B4-446-671

- An adulterer is not a believer while committing adultery B7-339-484, M1-39-104

- The adultery of the eyes - gazing at forbidden things B8-171-260; 609, M4-1397-6421

- The adultery of the tongue - is the talk B8-171-260; 609, M4-1397-6421

- The innerself wishes and desires. B8-171-260; 609, M4-1397-6421

- Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) has written for man his share of adultery B8-397-609, M4-1397-6421

- Man tells Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) that he committed adultery. Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) turns his face. Man repeats. Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) says if he is insane, then orders stoning to death B7-147-196

- A married adulterer should be stoned to death M3-898-4152

- The adultery of hand, legs and mouth AD2-577-2148

- The third gravest sin AD2-629-2303

I think this site where I got this from(http://www.quran-hadith-index.com/) is not distinguishing the difference between a fornicator and adulterer. A fornicator is one who is not married and has sex with someone else who is non married. (Which is VERY prominent here in the west.) The punishment for that(according to Islam) is 100 lashes.

Adultery is a married person who cheats on his/her spouse with another married person. The punishment for that(there must be 4 witnesses) is death by stoning.

Scary indeed!

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2008, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
due to the deterrent effect, sexual immorality is suffocated and eradicated in an Islamic society.
No it's not. It's hidden, no one can see it but that doesn't mean it's gone.

A question: can someone divorce their partner on grounds of adultery without the 4 witnesses (but with other evidence)?

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:32 PM
No it's not. It's hidden, no one can see it but that doesn't mean it's gone.

When illegal sexual activity is hidden from the masses, then that protects the act/sin from becoming public - which means that there is less sexual promiscuity among the people in general - so there is less corruption.

A question: can someone divorce their partner on grounds of adultery without the 4 witnesses (but with other evidence)?

Al-Li'an;

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=24&tid=35538

It would be better if you asked a scholar or student of knowledge about Al-Li'an in depth.

Regards.

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Al-Li'an;
http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=24&tid=35538
It would be better if you asked a scholar or student of knowledge about Al-Li'an in depth.
Regards.
(if she bears witness four times by Allah, that he is telling a lie. And the fifth; should be that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he speaks the truth.) The wrath of Allah is mentioned specially in the case of the woman, because usually a man would not go to the extent of exposing his wife and accusing her of Zina unless he is telling the truth and has good reason to do this, and she knows that what he is accusing her of is true. So in her case the fifth testimony calls for the wrath of Allah to be upon her, for the one upon whom is the wrath of Allah, is the one who knows the truth yet deviates from it. Then Allah mentions His grace and kindness to His creation in that He has prescribed for them a way out of their difficulties. Allah says:
This section kinda bothers me.:X

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 09:04 PM
If either party is lying, the wrath of Allah would be open them - male or female.

It's quite annoying how you want to nit pick everything. Seriously, get over it man.

Regards.

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2008, 09:09 PM
If either party is lying, the wrath of Allah would be open them - male or female.
It's quite annoying how you want to nit pick everything. Seriously, get over it man.
Regards.
nitpick - be overly critical; criticize minor details
the section I posted IMHO is no detail...
But I'll drop it.

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 09:20 PM
nitpick - be overly critical; criticize minor details
the section I posted IMHO is no detail...
But I'll drop it.

By the way, if you do want to be critical - then again, this is what Ibn Kathir said, he's a man, he is fallible. So again, if you were to criticize his stance on what he said: "The wrath of Allah is mentioned specially in the case of the woman" - then you are criticizing his opinion, and that's all.

Regards.

Malaikah
01-05-2008, 01:10 AM
This section kinda bothers me.:X
Why does it bother you? It is just saying that most men are unlikely to accuse their wives of adultery unless they are sure. Or do you disagree? Do you think many men would accuse their of adultery even if they are unsure?

Angelzz
01-05-2008, 06:58 AM

The point is people should FEAR allah swt and his WRATH.

That is something NOT to be taken lightly and if someone who has lost his/her faith or fear of Allah swt and misuses and/or oppresses others whether its their husband/wife, children, neighbours, or even another human being

Then THEY WILL have to answer Allah swt on the day of Judgement whether or not they believe now.

ON that day everybody will be believers. So don't think for one second you will have the Audacity to stand infront of the creator and LIE or question ANYTHING for that matter.

Allah swt knows everything - he knows your intentions and knows what in your hearts - you can fool yourself and others but you cannot fool your Creator.

So remember Allah swt much and Fear Allah swt much.

:w:

sur
01-05-2008, 02:32 PM
This can be a way to make this punishment difficult to practice!!!

Since such laws apply only to Land under Islamic Law & in Muslim Lands finding 4 male witnesses is almost impossible.

In WEST open fornication is relatively much more common BUT these rules don't apply there.

- Qatada -
01-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Islam maintained that punishment for married person(adultory) for a period of time BUT finally punishment was changed to 100 lashes for both married & un-married.

Brother, please - maybe the scholars are called people of knowledge because they have dedicated their whole lives to gaining it?

Note:FIRST READ THIS ARTICLE (*)

Some of the hadith that talk about the verse on stoning...

Saheeh Bukhari Volume 8, Book 82, Number 816:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

'Umar said, "I am afraid that after a long time has passed, people may say, "We do not find the Verses of the Rajam (stoning to death) in the Holy Book," and consequently they may go astray by leaving an obligation that Allah has revealed. Lo! I confirm that the penalty of Rajam be inflicted on him who commits illegal sexual intercourse, if he is already married and the crime is proved by witnesses or pregnancy or confession." Sufyan added, "I have memorized this narration in this way." 'Umar added, "Surely Allah's Apostle carried out the penalty of Rajam, and so did we after him."

Saheeh Muslim Book 017, Number 4194:

'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported that 'Umar b. Khattab sat on the pulpit of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Verily Allah sent Muhammad (may peace be upon him) with truth and He sent down the Book upon him, and the verse of stoning was included in what was sent down to him. We recited it, retained it in our memory and understood it. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) awarded the punishment of stoning to death (to the married adulterer and adulteress) and, after him, we also awarded the punishment of stoning, I am afraid that with the lapse of time, the people (may forget it) and may say: We do not find the punishment of stoning in the Book of Allah, and thus go astray by abandoning this duty prescribed by Allah. Stoning is a duty laid down in Allah's Book for married men and women who commit adultery when proof is established, or it there is pregnancy, or a confession.

Christian missionaries tend to argue that this verse was taken out and Muslims corrupted the Quran. Lets see if this argument holds any water.
The alleged verse is...
الشيخ والشيخة إذا زنيا فارجموهما البتة
The old man and the old lady if they committed adultery then stone them

Another opinion is that it is...

الشيخ والشيخة إذا زنيا فارجموهما البتة نكالا من الله والله عزيز حكيم

The old man and the old lady if they committed adultery then stone them as a punishment from Allah and Allah is the Most Mighty, Most Wise

Imam ibn Hajar Al Asqalani has in his commentary...

فقال عمر : لما نزلت أتيت النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقلت أكتبها ؟ فكأنه كره ذلك , فقال عمر : ألا ترى أن الشيخ إذا زنى ولم يحصن جلد , وأن الشاب إذا زنى وقد أحصن رجم
Umar said: “When this verse came down I approached the Prophet peace be upon him so I asked him ‘Should I write it down?’ It is as if he hated that” Then Umar said: “Cant you see that if the old man if he commits adultery he does not get the whip, and that if the young man if he commits adultery he gets stoned?” (Ibn Hajar Al Asqalani, Fathul Bari, Commentary on Hadith no. 6327, Source)

Here we clearly see that the Prophet did not want the verse to be written down because it was never meant to be part of the text of the Quran. The scholars of Islam are unanimous that the recitation of this verse has been abrogated but its ruling still remains in effect.

However, the only reason why Umar got emotional and wanted to put the verse in the Quran was because he was afraid that one day people would think that its ruling has been cancelled. However, the companions did not allow him to because they all knew that its recitation was abrogated. In order to put a verse in the Quran there needed to be two witnesses and Umar was all by himself. Umar himself knew that its recitation got abrogated but he was getting emotional for he feared that people in the future would not believe in the ruling of stoning the adulterers.

Imam ibn Hajar Al Asqalani has in his commentary...

أي في الآية المذكورة التي نسخت تلاوتها وبقي حكمها , وقد وقع ما خشيه عمر أيضا فأنكر الرجم طائفة من الخوارج أو معظمهم وبعض المعتزلة

In the verse whose recitation has been abrogated but its ruling remained, and it has happened what Umar feared. A tribe from the Khawarij or most of them and some of the Mu’tazilites rejected the stoning.

وقد أخرج عبد الرزاق والطبري من وجه آخر عن ابن عباس أن عمر قال " سيجيء قوم يكذبون بالرجم"
And it was reported by Abd al Razzaq and Al Tabari from another view that Ibn Abbas said that Umar said “There will come a people that will lie (or disbelieve) in the stoning” (Ibn Hajar Al Asqalani, Fathul Bari, Commentary on Hadith no. 6328, Source)

Imam Nawawi says in his commentary in Saheeh Muslim...
وهذا مما نسخ لفظه وبقي حكمه
And this is whose recitation has been abrogated and its ruling remained.

وفي ترك الصحابة كتابة هذه الآية دلالة ظاهرة أن المنسوخ لا يكتب في المصحف , وفي إعلان عمر بالرجم وهو على المنبر وسكوت الصحابة وغيرهم من الحاضرين عن مخالفته بالإنكار دليل على ثبوت الرجم

And the companions of the Prophet abandoning the writing of this verse is clear evidence that the abrogated should not be written in the Quran and that Umar's statement about the stoning as he is on the pulpit and the silence of the companions and other than them from who were present from opposing him is evidence about the ruling of the stoning (still being implemented) (Imam Nawawi, Sharh Saheeh Muslim, Commentary on Hadith no. 3201, Source)

Al Sindi says in his commentary on Sunan Ibn Majah…

أي آية الرجم وهذه الآية مما نسخ لفظها وبقي حكمها

The verse of stoning: Its recitation has been abrogated and its ruling still remains in effect. (Al Sindi, Sharh Sunan Ibn Majah, Commentary on Hadith no. 2543, Source)

A'awn Ma’abood says in his commentary on Sunan Abu Dawud…

وهذا مما نسخ لفظه وبقي حكمه

And this is whose recitation has been abrogated but ruling remains in effect. (Muhammad Shams al-Haqq al-Adhim Abadi, Awn al-Mabud Sharh Sunan Abu Dawud, Commentary on Hadith no. 3835, Source)

Conclusion

We can clearly see that it was a consensus amongst the companions of the Prophet that the recitation of the verse on stoning was abrogated. They did not corrupt it. How can all the companions of the Prophet who sacrificed everything they had for this religion just happened to decide to come together and purposely corrupt the Quran by removing this verse? What motive could they have? I mean they still implemented it. So it cant be a motive to remove it so that they won't follow its law anymore.
So clearly the evidence shows that this recitation was always meant to be abrogated but its ruling still remains in effect.

http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...memberarticles

These scholars who are held in an extremely high esteem, by many muslims - by the majority of the Muslims (sunnis, even sufis praise them.)

As we can see, 'Umar - the companion of the Messenger of Allah, the 2nd best man from this Ummah even believed that the ruling remained in effect. Whoever says they are more knowledgeable than 'Umar, then know that this will open the doorway to a deviant path. Since the correct path is of the Messenger of Allah, and the understanding of his companions.

thirdwatch512
01-06-2008, 07:21 AM
so why did they not just keep it in there?

NoName55
01-06-2008, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
exactly! my question to one of admins via PM which was ignored, this place is a joke!

Malaikah
01-06-2008, 11:30 AM
It is not about 'they', it is about 'He'- Allah. It is Allah who choose that verse be taken out, not only this one, but others also.

jamafg
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
http://www.islamicperspectives.com/Stoning4.htm

jamafg
01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.islamicperspectives.com/Stoning5.htm

WHAT EVER WE SAYING MUST BE BASED WITH PROOF FROM Holy Qur'an AND Hadiths.

JAZAKOM ALLAH KHAIRAN

Whatsthepoint
01-06-2008, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
This can be a way to make this punishment difficult to practice!!!

Since such laws apply only to Land under Islamic Law & in Muslim Lands finding 4 male witnesses is almost impossible.

In WEST open fornication is relatively much more common BUT these rules don't apply there.
It may come as a surprise but not even in the deviated west a lot of married people will have sex in front of 4 males...

snakelegs
01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
It is not about 'they', it is about 'He'- Allah. It is Allah who choose that verse be taken out, not only this one, but others also.
i find this whole thing utterly confusing. :uhwhat
what were other verses that were "taken out"?

- Qatada -
01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I did say at the beginning of that article that you should click on the above link before reading the article. Anyway, this is what the brother mentioned in the article:

One may also ask, what is the wisdom behind abrogating the recitation of a verse but upholding its injunction? (e.g. verse on stoning)

This is because the Sunnah is just like the Quran, both are revelations. The Sunnah is also the actual law, and this being a test to those who claim to believe in Allah: they must believe in the Sunnah too and that it takes place of the Quran in many areas. See this article for proof of following Sunnah.

http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...tion=myarticle

This then proves the importance of the Sunnah, and how important it is in our religion. We can ask countlessly why the recitation was removed, and why the ruling remained - however, this is through the wisdom of Allah.

thirdwatch512
01-06-2008, 11:22 PM
But why?

The punishment for adultery in your religion is death. There was once a verse about it in the qu'ran too. But for some reason, it was taken out.. Like the author did not want it in there. According to you, there were others also.

So why? I mean why not just leave it in there?

jamafg
01-07-2008, 03:35 AM
Sorry sis, where do you read this?
Thanks

jamafg
01-07-2008, 03:41 AM
Could you please read the posts 27 & 28? You will get answer to all your questions, if not ask me and I'll answer you. But only after you read my posts 27 & 28.
Thanks

But why?

The punishment for adultery in your religion is death. There was once a verse about it in the qu'ran too. But for some reason, it was taken out.. Like the author did not want it in there. According to you, there were others also.

So why? I mean why not just leave it in there?

NoName55
01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
that "Reason" was to change the law. New law is what is in Quran.

U know Quran was revealed bit by bit , like prohibition of alcohol took after a while Prophet Muhammad(saww) was given prophethood. Similarly Qibla was Bait-ul-Mukdas for a while as a test then CHANGED back to Kabba.

Similarly law of adultory was stoning 1st for married, then it was changed.
but everything about alcohol can still be found in the Quraan. not the same about stoning! do you think Allah is so powerless that when he says he will protect Quraan from alteration then does not?

or when he says when he abrogates something or causes it it be forgotten, replaces it with something better (when He makes you forget you don't remember, if you do then it is very odd indeed!)

Islam is continuation of religion of hazrat Aadam Alahisalam., if this site was not populated by ignorants and run largely by illiterates, I would tell you more but since it is, they'll just delete any Muslim post that looks better than theirs

- Qatada -
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
:salamext:

Insha Allah you can refer to these posts for more info on abrogation:

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/49...brogation.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...brogation.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/53...brogation.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.