× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Ahmed 02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Report bad ads?

    Asalamualaiykum
    I have some questions regarding Surah Mulk verse 3 which says:
    " [And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?"
    From my understanding, "Inconsistency" refers to how the creation is always bound to the laws of physics but since many prophets performed miracles, aren't these going against the laws of physics and thus "inconsistent"?
    Also, some translations state that this verse says:
    "It is He who has created seven heavens, one above the other. You can see no flaw in the creation of the Beneficent God. Look again. Can you see faults?"
    Here, from what i know, "flaw" could either refer to aesthetic value or its function. We can rule out the first option as aesthetic value is subjective. However, isn't an impaired or blind eye a flawed creation as it fails to perform its function?
    I would hope that someone could resolve these questions for me as i cannot find answers to them.
    Jazakallahkhair.
    | Likes Bmh2019 liked this post

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    608
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    2169
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    135
    Likes (Received)
    334

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Aslaamualaykum :

    Before I answer, just so that I understand your question - you're asking, How is it that Allah SWT says he creates things in perfection, yet at times, we see "imperfection" Example - Blind person, Deaf person, Person born with no fingers Etc ?

    Is this what you are asking ?
    Last edited by Supernova; 03-18-2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    | Likes Bmh2019 liked this post
    Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  4. #3
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,065
    Threads
    391
    Reputation
    23330
    Rep Power
    40
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2440

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Allah (swt) knows best

  5. #4
    Ahmed 02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Walaikumsalam
    Yes brother that is what i am asking. I understand that these imperfections are subjective but isn't Allah SWT challenging us to find imperfections? so what does Allah SWT really mean by "flaws"?

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Ahmed 02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Aslaamualaykum :

    Before I answer, just so that I understand your question - you're asking, How is it that Allah SWT says he creates things in perfection, yet at times, we see "imperfection" Example - Blind person, Deaf person, Person born with no fingers Etc ?

    Is this what you are asking ?

    Walaikumsalam

    Yes brother that is what i am asking. I understand that these imperfections are subjective but isn't Allah SWT challenging us to find imperfections? so what does Allah SWT really mean by "flaws"?

  8. #6
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,683
    Threads
    193
    Reputation
    49734
    Rep Power
    116
    Likes (Given)
    1235
    Likes (Received)
    2775

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed 02 View Post
    We can rule out the first option as aesthetic value is subjective. However, isn't an impaired or blind eye a flawed creation as it fails to perform its function?
    Well in this case, the function of a blind eye or any physical impairments would be subjective, would they not? The purpose of having impairments or deficiencies in our life is simply for testing us which is the whole point of this life anyway, so technically the impairment/deficiency is doing its job perfectly.

    Secondly, if I am not mistaken, the ayah itself is directly referring to the sky. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is saying that if we look at the sky for faults, no matter how many times or how long we stare at it, we won't find it, and instead our sight will return to us humbled and fatigued (67:4). Wa allahu alem.
    | Likes Good brother, Supernova, AbdurRahman. liked this post
    Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  9. #7
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,065
    Threads
    391
    Reputation
    23330
    Rep Power
    40
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2440

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed 02 View Post
    Walaikumsalam
    Yes brother that is what i am asking. I understand that these imperfections are subjective but isn't Allah SWT challenging us to find imperfections? so what does Allah SWT really mean by "flaws"?
    https://islamqa.info/en/answers/7951...0%2C1080979860
    Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Allah (swt) knows best

  10. #8
    Ahmed 02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Well in this case, the function of a blind eye or any physical impairments would be subjective, would they not? The purpose of having impairments or deficiencies in our life is simply for testing us which is the whole point of this life anyway, so technically the impairment/deficiency is doing its job perfectly.

    Secondly, if I am not mistaken, the ayah itself is directly referring to the sky. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is saying that if we look at the sky for faults, no matter how many times or how long we stare at it, we won't find it, and instead our sight will return to us humbled and fatigued (67:4). Wa allahu alem.
    "
    I was thinking the same thing. I thought that the verses were referring to only the skies but Allah SWT said : "You can see no flaw in the creation of the most beneficent"
    Hence, are our eyes not a creation?

  11. #9
    Saira Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    157
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    418
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    97

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed 02 View Post
    Asalamualaiykum
    I have some questions regarding Surah Mulk verse 3 which says:
    " [And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?"
    From my understanding, "Inconsistency" refers to how the creation is always bound to the laws of physics but since many prophets performed miracles, aren't these going against the laws of physics and thus "inconsistent"?
    Also, some translations state that this verse says:
    "It is He who has created seven heavens, one above the other. You can see no flaw in the creation of the Beneficent God. Look again. Can you see faults?"
    Here, from what i know, "flaw" could either refer to aesthetic value or its function. We can rule out the first option as aesthetic value is subjective. However, isn't an impaired or blind eye a flawed creation as it fails to perform its function?
    I would hope that someone could resolve these questions for me as i cannot find answers to them.
    Jazakallahkhair.
    السلام علیکم ورحمتہ اللہ

    Before we go to the verse No:3, let's have a look at verse No:2 of the same Surah.

    "He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving"
    Again if we look at:

    أَحَسِبَ ٱلنَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوٓا أَن يَقُولُوٓا ءَامَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ

    Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
    "Al-Ankabut, Verse 2"

    And finally for your question of blind eye and impairment etc, let's have a look at the following verse,

    وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا قَبْلَكَ مِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ إِلَّا إِنَّهُمْ لَيَأْكُلُونَ الطَّعَامَ وَيَمْشُونَ فِي الْأَسْوَاقِ وَجَعَلْنَا بَعْضَكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ فِتْنَةً أَتَصْبِرُونَ وَكَانَ رَبُّكَ بَصِيرًا

    "And We did not send before you, [O Muhammad], any of the messengers except that they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have made some of you [people] as trial for others - will you have patience? And ever is your Lord, Seeing"
    "Al-Furqan Verse No:20" (Translation:Sahih International)

    So in the verse number 3 of Surah Al-Mulk, Allah SWT is asking you to look towards the seven skies, you won't find any flaw in them, while for the flaws that you have mentioned, are just a test for those persons as well as for others around them.
    And finally:
    So exalted is He in whose hand is the realm of all things, and to Him you will be returned. "Surah Yaseen, Verse 83"

    Stay blessed.
    | Likes Ahmed 02 liked this post

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Ahmed 02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan View Post
    السلام علیکم ورحمتہ اللہ

    Before we go to the verse No:3, let's have a look at verse No:2 of the same Surah.

    "He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving"
    Again if we look at:

    أَحَسِبَ ٱلنَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوٓا أَن يَقُولُوٓا ءَامَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ

    Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
    "Al-Ankabut, Verse 2"

    And finally for your question of blind eye and impairment etc, let's have a look at the following verse,

    وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا قَبْلَكَ مِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ إِلَّا إِنَّهُمْ لَيَأْكُلُونَ الطَّعَامَ وَيَمْشُونَ فِي الْأَسْوَاقِ وَجَعَلْنَا بَعْضَكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ فِتْنَةً أَتَصْبِرُونَ وَكَانَ رَبُّكَ بَصِيرًا

    "And We did not send before you, [O Muhammad], any of the messengers except that they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have made some of you [people] as trial for others - will you have patience? And ever is your Lord, Seeing"
    "Al-Furqan Verse No:20" (Translation:Sahih International)

    So in the verse number 3 of Surah Al-Mulk, Allah SWT is asking you to look towards the seven skies, you won't find any flaw in them, while for the flaws that you have mentioned, are just a test for those persons as well as for others around them.
    And finally:
    So exalted is He in whose hand is the realm of all things, and to Him you will be returned. "Surah Yaseen, Verse 83"

    Stay blessed.
    Jazakallah kahir

    But from my understanding, doesn't Allah SWT refer to the whole of creation where he says :
    You can see no flaw in the creation of the Beneficent GodSo is the "creation" not only the heavens but also our eyes?
    Could you correct me as i am confused whether the "creation" which Allah SWT is referring to is only the seven skies or including all which is in the Earth aswell.

  14. #11
    Ahmed 02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan View Post
    السلام علیکم ورحمتہ اللہ

    Before we go to the verse No:3, let's have a look at verse No:2 of the same Surah.

    "He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving"
    Again if we look at:

    أَحَسِبَ ٱلنَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوٓا أَن يَقُولُوٓا ءَامَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ

    Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
    "Al-Ankabut, Verse 2"

    And finally for your question of blind eye and impairment etc, let's have a look at the following verse,

    وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا قَبْلَكَ مِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ إِلَّا إِنَّهُمْ لَيَأْكُلُونَ الطَّعَامَ وَيَمْشُونَ فِي الْأَسْوَاقِ وَجَعَلْنَا بَعْضَكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ فِتْنَةً أَتَصْبِرُونَ وَكَانَ رَبُّكَ بَصِيرًا

    "And We did not send before you, [O Muhammad], any of the messengers except that they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have made some of you [people] as trial for others - will you have patience? And ever is your Lord, Seeing"
    "Al-Furqan Verse No:20" (Translation:Sahih International)

    So in the verse number 3 of Surah Al-Mulk, Allah SWT is asking you to look towards the seven skies, you won't find any flaw in them, while for the flaws that you have mentioned, are just a test for those persons as well as for others around them.
    And finally:
    So exalted is He in whose hand is the realm of all things, and to Him you will be returned. "Surah Yaseen, Verse 83"

    Stay blessed.
    Jazakallah khair
    so are you saying that Allah SWT was only talking about the seven skies when referring to the "creation"?

  15. #12
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1738
    Rep Power
    43
    Likes (Given)
    574
    Likes (Received)
    546

    Re: Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed 02 View Post
    Asalamualaiykum
    I have some questions regarding Surah Mulk verse 3 which says:
    " [And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?"
    From my understanding, "Inconsistency" refers to how the creation is always bound to the laws of physics but since many prophets performed miracles, aren't these going against the laws of physics and thus "inconsistent"?
    Also, some translations state that this verse says:
    "It is He who has created seven heavens, one above the other. You can see no flaw in the creation of the Beneficent God. Look again. Can you see faults?"
    Here, from what i know, "flaw" could either refer to aesthetic value or its function. We can rule out the first option as aesthetic value is subjective. However, isn't an impaired or blind eye a flawed creation as it fails to perform its function?
    I would hope that someone could resolve these questions for me as i cannot find answers to them.
    Jazakallahkhair.
    Allah's creation is perfect, it's perfect along with all the blemishes as, 'blemishes' like a blind eye etc is part of Allah's justice and test.

    That particular ayah was saying the sky is made without imperfections or cracks. The destruction of a part of the ozone layer is man made and not Allah's doing...


  16. Hide
Hey there! Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3 Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Can someone explain Qur'an 67:3
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Can someone explain to me this?
    By Nitro Zeus in forum Seeking Knowledge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 09:37 PM
  2. Can Some one explain this?
    By User2024 in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:11 PM
  3. Can someone explain this?
    By youngsister in forum Family & Society
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:44 PM
  4. Please Explain
    By iomari in forum Clarifications about Islam
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create