× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    JPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    54
    Threads
    5
    Reputation
    98
    Rep Power
    52
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    A challenge to everyone!

    Report bad ads?

    So here's my challenge to everyone for next week, whether you are muslim, christian, buddhist, atheist, as long as you are alive and breathing:

    Fast for 24 hours and during the day you fast, go out in your city and feed one person in need. Buy food for a complete stranger you don't know, a beggar, someone you see who could use a good meal.

    Rules:
    -you can't discriminate for religion/race/color/gender.
    -If you are of a particular faith, pray during the day and ask for an awesome encounter, for someone to illuminate you as you give out.
    -Don't brag about it. The first rule of Fast Club is that you do not talk about Fast Club.

    Cheers

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Riana17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    980
    Threads
    34
    Reputation
    7627
    Rep Power
    54
    Likes (Given)
    345
    Likes (Received)
    354

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    So here's my challenge to everyone for next week, whether you are muslim, christian, buddhist, atheist, as long as you are alive and breathing:

    Fast for 24 hours and during the day you fast, go out in your city and feed one person in need. Buy food for a complete stranger you don't know, a beggar, someone you see who could use a good meal.

    Rules:
    -you can't discriminate for religion/race/color/gender.
    -If you are of a particular faith, pray during the day and ask for an awesome encounter, for someone to illuminate you as you give out.
    -Don't brag about it. The first rule of Fast Club is that you do not talk about Fast Club.

    Cheers
    salam
    so after doing it, what's next

  4. #3
    DippedinJannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    57
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    441
    Rep Power
    50
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    -Don't brag about it. The first rule of Fast Club is that you do not talk about Fast Club.
    LOL...nice.

    Actually, most Christians I've discussed Ramadan with are amazed anyone can do it. One said "I'm glad our Church didn't adopt that!"

  5. #4
    Ramadhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,471
    Threads
    64
    Reputation
    52885
    Rep Power
    95
    Likes (Given)
    1045
    Likes (Received)
    1268

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by DippedinJannah View Post
    Actually, most Christians I've discussed Ramadan with are amazed anyone can do it. One said "I'm glad our Church didn't adopt that!"
    Yep, When I was living in Australia, most non-muslims I know also didn't believe that I actually did not eat and drink etc from pre-sunrise to sun down.
    Or if they did, their attitude was like "why do you want to do that?"

    I found their attitude strange, as Jesus (pbuh) also used to observe one month fastings, and I was like "do you not read your bible?"

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    SFatima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my mind
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    499
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    2302
    Rep Power
    51
    Likes (Given)
    261
    Likes (Received)
    194

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    and whats the point of this challenge in a muslim forum, muslims already fast and give charity/feed the poor etc.

  8. #6
    Ramadhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,471
    Threads
    64
    Reputation
    52885
    Rep Power
    95
    Likes (Given)
    1045
    Likes (Received)
    1268

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by SFatima View Post
    and whats the point of this challenge in a muslim forum, muslims already fast and give charity/feed the poor etc.
    Maybe he had already gone to christian forums, and challenged his fellow christians to fast, and they all thought he was crazy?


    It seems JPR also does not understand that muslims fast not only in ramadhan, but countless numbers of muslims do voluntary fasts monday-thursday etc without telling anyone. I can give him at least a dozen of people I know personally who perform regular voluntary fastings.
    Last edited by Ramadhan; 07-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.

  9. #7
    Asiyah3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in a temporary world
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,036
    Threads
    55
    Reputation
    17023
    Rep Power
    72
    Likes (Given)
    262
    Likes (Received)
    173

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    Peace,

    Some thoughts:

    1. Does this fasting include not drinking? As Muslims we don't eat nor drink when we fast.
    2. While this does sound like a good deed, are we actually doing this fast for the sake of God?
    3. Why not follow the way the All-Wise taught us to perform fasting, which is from sunrise to sunset, instead of developing our own rules (24 hours) in our limited knowledge?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan View Post


    Maybe he had already gone to christian forums, and challenged his fellow christians to fast, and they all thought he was crazy?
    I don't know if this was meant a joke, but it's not funny at all.

  10. #8
    Ali Mujahidin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    693
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    4559
    Rep Power
    54
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    204

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    For a Muslim, what the OP proposed is not a challenge at all. Perhaps the OP can tell us what is his objective in issuing the challenge, assuming that there is an objective.
    A challenge to everyone!






    Faith is believing what you cannot see.
    http://areesalaam.com Islam from the viewpoint of a layman

  11. #9
    Ramadhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,471
    Threads
    64
    Reputation
    52885
    Rep Power
    95
    Likes (Given)
    1045
    Likes (Received)
    1268

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3 View Post
    I don't know if this was meant a joke, but it's not funny at all.
    I've had christians called me crazy when I explained about fastings.

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Ramadhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,471
    Threads
    64
    Reputation
    52885
    Rep Power
    95
    Likes (Given)
    1045
    Likes (Received)
    1268

    Re: A challenge to everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan View Post
    For a Muslim, what the OP proposed is not a challenge at all. Perhaps the OP can tell us what is his objective in issuing the challenge, assuming that there is an objective.
    Exactly. For muslims, this is regular stuff. I also wonder what is the objection of the OP to issue this "challenge"


  14. Hide
Hey there! A challenge to everyone! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A challenge to everyone!
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create