× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    new2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    289
    Threads
    86
    Reputation
    290
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    85

    What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Report bad ads?

    Asslamualaikum,

    first and foremost, I apologize that I annoy you with my marriage questions. However, I don't understand myself anymore. As you may already know form my prior posts, I am really frustrated about finding a wife. So desperate that I decided to use one of this apps where muslims can look for a spouse. I know, it's not ideal, and I don't like it, but otherwise I will never complete the half of my deen.

    Now the issues: I am really disgusted of myself. I cannot believe how shallow I am. There is knowledgeable sister that I am talking to, but she is not attractive too me and a bit overweight. I know we are supposed to look at the religion in the first place, but what to do if you find the opposite not attractive at all? I hate it to bring myself into such situation. It is just hard to imagine to go for someone you don't feel attracted to at all. And there are narrations that tells us, that RasulAllah once said to a Sahaba, that he shouldn't get married to that specific Sahabi because the eyes of that folk are different.

    How I am gonna say that I am not interested anymore without hurting her feelings? I mean it natural that you need to find the opposite at least kind of attractive.

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1738
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    590
    Likes (Received)
    546

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

    i think it may be best if you pass on this one; I.e. say no.

    As it's the 'desire' urge that makes you desperate to get married right?, so.... if you don't find her attractive then your desires might not be quenched properly and that might leave you vulnerable to zina

  4. #3
    new2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    289
    Threads
    86
    Reputation
    290
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    85

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

    As it's the 'desire' urge that makes you desperate to get married right?, so.... if you don't find her attractive then your desires might not be quenched properly and that might leave you vulnerable to zina
    Yes that's right, but before I commit zinaa I would cut my ding dong (seriously!!) Allahs says:
    "And they who guard their private parts, Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed -"

    Saying just no it's too rude. She is a good muslima mashaAllah on the way of knowledge. Don't want to make her feel bad, because it's not her mistake. I definitely need advise from sister who are more sensitive...

  5. #4
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,733
    Threads
    46
    Reputation
    5453
    Rep Power
    74
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    1002

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    You dont have to reply her messages. Otherwise you will only increase the magnitude of her heart broken if you continue talking to her.
    What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    “Either seem as you are or be as you seem” Rumi

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1738
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    590
    Likes (Received)
    546

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2010 View Post
    Yes that right, but before I commit zinaa I would cut my ding dong (seriously!!) Allahs says:
    "And they who guard their private parts, Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed -"

    Saying just no it's too rude. She is a good muslima mashaAllah on the way of knowledge. Don't make her feel bad, because it's not her mistake. I definitely need advise from sister who are more sensitive...
    Use a bit of brain bruv

    There's nicer ways of saying 'no'

    Another reason you want to say no is, you don't want to risk cutting your ding dong off
    Last edited by AbdurRahman.; 03-16-2019 at 09:36 PM.

  8. #6
    new2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    289
    Threads
    86
    Reputation
    290
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    85

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    Use a bit of brain bruv

    There's nicer ways of saying 'no'
    Yeah, that's obvious; I though you meant that literally.

    Just not answering is the best option or just dematch, but it is impolite though.

  9. #7
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1738
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    590
    Likes (Received)
    546

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2010 View Post
    Yeah, that's obvious; I though you meant that literally.

    Just not answering is the best option or just dematch, but it is impolite though.
    I edited my above post. Read last bit

  10. #8
    new2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    289
    Threads
    86
    Reputation
    290
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    85

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post

    Another reason you want to say no is, you don't want to risk cutting your ding dong off
    But I have been risking cutting my ding dong off now for more than 12 years. The day will come, I will do it; just don't have the courage and scholars say it's haram (yes, when I was much younger, I searched for fatawa on islamqa).

    It's really challenging. I really hope Allah will end this test for me soon, I hold the knife already in my hand.

  11. #9
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1738
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    590
    Likes (Received)
    546

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2010 View Post
    But I have been risking cutting my ding dong off now for more than 12 years. The day will come, I will do it; just don't have the courage and scholars say it's haram (yes, when I was much younger, I searched for fatawa on islamqa).

    It's really challenging. I really hope Allah will end this test for me soon, I hold the knife already in my hand.
    Even if you don't commit zina, it will be a unfulfilling life

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Saira Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    194
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    710
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2010 View Post
    Now the issues: I am really disgusted of myself. I cannot believe how shallow I am. There is knowledgeable sister that I am talking to, but she is not attractive too me and a bit overweight. I know we are supposed to look at the religion in the first place, but what to do if you find the opposite not attractive at all?
    السلام علیکم و رحمتہ اللہ

    Refer to Hadith:
    Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A woman is married for four reasons: her property, her status, her beauty, and her religion. Thus, give precedence to the one with religion. May your hands be covered with dust (from helping the poor).”
    Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 4802, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1466

    I 'm being a psychologist, can tell you from your text that you are lacking will power, lacking self confidence, and a bit ego centric. You are prioritizing the temporary worldly gains in most of your matters. All these, are the root causes of your shallowness.
    Stay blessed.

  14. #11
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,690
    Threads
    193
    Reputation
    49832
    Rep Power
    116
    Likes (Given)
    1238
    Likes (Received)
    2790

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2010 View Post
    Asslamualaikum,

    first and foremost, I apologize that I annoy you with my marriage questions. However, I don't understand myself anymore. As you may already know form my prior posts, I am really frustrated about finding a wife. So desperate that I decided to use one of this apps where muslims can look for a spouse. I know, it's not ideal, and I don't like it, but otherwise I will never complete the half of my deen.

    Now the issues: I am really disgusted of myself. I cannot believe how shallow I am. There is knowledgeable sister that I am talking to, but she is not attractive too me and a bit overweight. I know we are supposed to look at the religion in the first place, but what to do if you find the opposite not attractive at all? I hate it to bring myself into such situation. It is just hard to imagine to go for someone you don't feel attracted to at all. And there are narrations that tells us, that RasulAllah once said to a Sahaba, that he shouldn't get married to that specific Sahabi because the eyes of that folk are different.

    How I am gonna say that I am not interested anymore without hurting her feelings? I mean it natural that you need to find the opposite at least kind of attractive.
    You can just say the truth.."I am not physically attracted to you and it's important for me to be attracted to someone I will marry," and move on. There's no need to beat around the bush or dwell on it. You don't necessarily need to be mean about it either, just be serious. It's natural not to be attracted to someone if they are just not attractive to you no matter how nice or religious they are. I mean you don't expect every girl to be attracted to you right?? Just as she shouldn't expect every guy to be attracted to her. If you're going to be a wimp about it then you'll lose respect. The best proposals are the most frank. No playing around, just get straight to the point and be as real as possible. You should already have in mind the type of person you want to marry, therefore I don't believe you should be taking long in courting anyone or getting emotions involved.
    What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    D e a t h

    is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

    the hardest
    of all things before it

  15. #12
    new2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    289
    Threads
    86
    Reputation
    290
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    85

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    Even if you don't commit zina, it will be a unfulfilling life
    Yes it is. But not only the part of missing intimacy. It's more just to have someone to share life with, built a family with and worship Allah TOGETHER. Really would like to have children and raise them in a good manner so they can contribute to a better society.

    However, without a wife that is not possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan View Post
    السلام علیکم و رحمتہ اللہ

    Refer to Hadith:
    Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A woman is married for four reasons: her property, her status, her beauty, and her religion. Thus, give precedence to the one with religion. May your hands be covered with dust (from helping the poor).”
    Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 4802, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1466

    I 'm being a psychologist, can tell you from your text that you are lacking will power, lacking self confidence, and a bit ego centric. You are prioritizing the temporary worldly gains in most of your matters. All these, are the root causes of your shallowness.
    Stay blessed.
    As a psychology student let me answer: Yes your right, I lack in self confidence and a bit in will power right now, since I have been into depression the last years. However, I am not ego centric! I am not prioritizing the temporary world. I give a sh**t about this world (sorry for language). Intimacy is important to have a balanced life. How to be intimate with someone you're not attracted to? This is ridiculous and excludes all from of human nature.

    Islam QA: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8377...ld-i-marry-her

    People who don't care about religion at all are interested in this world. When I had the chance to marry the most beautiful women on earth, with the restriction she is non-muslim. I wouldn't. Because I couldn't grow with her in my religion. But if I had the chance to marry a girl with a lot of taqwa but not attracted to at all, I couldn't marry her, because it need to fit too. Would you marry a man, who 1,5m tall and weights 180 Kilos? I don't think so. Appearance says a lot about life style and how you understand religion. Allah says "And they who are to their trusts and their promises attentive". I don't know if that related to our bodies too, but our bodies don't belong to us, there are a amana too, so we need to care ourselves.

    I think your interpretation of the hadith is pretty radical and unrealistic!
    Last edited by new2010; 03-16-2019 at 10:27 PM.

  16. #13
    Saira Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    194
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    710
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2010 View Post
    I am not interested anymore without hurting her feelings?
    Not interested anymore? It means you were interested till now, and have realized her the same, and that is why now you are not feeling comfortable. Don't take it radical or something personal, we are just discussing something you have put at the forum. Yes of course you have the right to opt for what you like or what attracts you the most. My point is that one should think all these things at the very start, to later, avoid hurting one's feelings. Now what you have to do and you should do are bold and very clear decisions to get out of mess and to re-build your personality for yourself. You said you were in depression last years, you might know that it is anxiety that leads to depression. So try to sort it out first.
    Stay blessed.

  17. #14
    new2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    289
    Threads
    86
    Reputation
    290
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    85

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    Even if you don't commit zina, it will be a unfulfilling life
    Quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan View Post
    السلام علیکم و رحمتہ اللہ

    Refer to Hadith:
    Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A woman is married for four reasons: her property, her status, her beauty, and her religion. Thus, give precedence to the one with religion. May your hands be covered with dust (from helping the poor).”
    Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 4802, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1466

    I 'm being a psychologist, can tell you from your text that you are lacking will power, lacking self confidence, and a bit ego centric. You are prioritizing the temporary worldly gains in most of your matters. All these, are the root causes of your shallowness.
    Stay blessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan View Post
    Not interested anymore? It means you were interested till now, and have realized her the same, and that is why now you are not feeling comfortable. Don't take it radical or something personal, we are just discussing something you have put at the forum. Yes of course you have the right to opt for what you like or what attracts you the most. My point is that one should think all these things at the very start, to later, avoid hurting one's feelings. Now what you have to do and you should do are bold and very clear decisions to get out of mess and to re-build your personality for yourself. You said you were in depression last years, you might know that it is anxiety that leads to depression. So try to sort it out first.
    Stay blessed.
    It's typo of course . Don't know how that "anymore" came there - it's late here and I am tiered.

    Sure, I respect your opinion. There is nothing to do, if the other user don't reveal the picture in the first place and just after the conversation already started.

    Decision is not necessary anymore, she vanished. Don't know how, but maybe she got suspicious, because I haven't responded. May Allah give her someone better than me.

    My depression has other reasons, I have recently admitted to myself that I have one, now I start figuring out how to get rid of it. Being alone does not make it easier.

    I respect your opinion but when you say your are psychologist, I expect a bit more critical thinking on both sides and not just to exploit hadiths that supports your personal view. At least you could formulate in the conditional, when you are unsure. Instead of judging people about their character for things that are not judge-able. Maybe it's my fault that I formulated my initial question like that.

    Stay blessed too.

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1738
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    590
    Likes (Received)
    546

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2010 View Post
    Yes it is. But not only the part of missing intimacy. It's more just to have someone to share life with, built a family with and worship Allah TOGETHER. Really would like to have children and raise them in a good manner so they can contribute to a better society.

    However, without a wife that is not possible.



    As a psychology student let me answer: Yes your right, I lack in self confidence and a bit in will power right now, since I have been into depression the last years. However, I am not ego centric! I am not prioritizing the temporary world. I give a sh**t about this world (sorry for language). Intimacy is important to have a balanced life. How to be intimate with someone you're not attracted to? This is ridiculous and excludes all from of human nature.

    Islam QA: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8377...ld-i-marry-her

    People who don't care about religion at all are interested in this world. When I had the chance to marry the most beautiful women on earth, with the restriction she is non-muslim. I wouldn't. Because I couldn't grow with her in my religion. But if I had the chance to marry a girl with a lot of taqwa but not attracted to at all, I couldn't marry her, because it need to fit too. Would you marry a man, who 1,5m tall and weights 180 Kilos? I don't think so. Appearance says a lot about life style and how you understand religion. Allah says "And they who are to their trusts and their promises attentive". I don't know if that related to our bodies too, but our bodies don't belong to us, there are a amana too, so we need to care ourselves.

    I think your interpretation of the hadith is pretty radical and unrealistic!
    Bro you can have intimacy with someone you're not attracted to, however it will fall far short of full satisfaction... and never think you won't be vulnerable to shaytan, especially if you're recovering from depression... a weak mind can be the trigger point for weak self control

    You need to move on from this however much you may disappoint her

  20. #16
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,279
    Threads
    150
    Reputation
    45452
    Rep Power
    80
    Likes (Given)
    3793
    Likes (Received)
    2887

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    It is likely that Allah has a good match for her and won't abandon her, If you marry her out of imagined pity, you may be putting yourself at risk of feeling very hurt when you have arguments (as is inevitable as you callibrate each other to common ground) since you will likely perceive her to be ungrateful and reaching above her league.

    Marriage is not only about self or compromise - it's frustratingly complicated and erratic (sometimes you wish they just fk off and leave you to progress without the emotional drain, that's when attraction in some lawful way is necessary - although it may be her inner purity that attracts you (snow white isn't necessarily as fair on the outside as within).

    I can't provide an answer and i don't think anyone else can, i am having more and more frequent arguments myself of late and struggling to find a balance of compromise, physical attraction is not the issue, rather - mental.
    i would advise you to make your choice with Allah in mind and with your own self interest taken into account up to a degree so that the value of the spouse is also an incentive to keep going through the storms.

    One thing i'll say for certain is - seek someone who is genuine.
    What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?













  21. #17
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,558
    Threads
    157
    Reputation
    51593
    Rep Power
    98
    Likes (Given)
    2862
    Likes (Received)
    4808

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Assalamualaikum.

    Getting a wife is not as simple as buying t-shirt. If you want to buy t-shirt you can go to t-shirt shop, choose the t-shirt you like, buy, and the t-shirt now belong to you. …. But if you want to get a wife?. You can find a woman who meets your criteria. But if she is not interested to marry you, then how can you marry her?.

    When you meet a woman you maybe think “ah, she is not the type of woman that I want”. But do you realize?, when you meet a woman who you like, this woman maybe think too “ah, he is not the type of man that I want”. You can ask about it to the men who have ever rejected by women who they liked.

    That’s why, when a man seeks a wife he must able to tolerate if this woman does not really match his expectation, rather than insist to seek a woman in his dream but always get rejected and rejected, and finally he never get married.

    I don’t want to judge you as shallow because I know that you haven’t had experience with women, so you haven’t realize that not the woman beauty that will make a man loves her and feel comfortable. Different than me who is a widower who ever married for 19 years.

    My advice for you, try to see a woman not only on her physical attractiveness, because if you see a woman only on her physical attractivness, very possible you will fall into wrong woman, who look attractive but has very bad character and personality. Marrying woman like this will only makes you suffer.


  22. #18
    new2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    289
    Threads
    86
    Reputation
    290
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    85

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    Bro you can have intimacy with someone you're not attracted to, however it will fall far short of full satisfaction... and never think you won't be vulnerable to shaytan, especially if you're recovering from depression... a weak mind can be the trigger point for weak self control

    You need to move on from this however much you may disappoint her
    Might be, but why should you do this? As you say if you find someone not only the character beautiful, you will feel attached to that person. I think if you marry someone not attractive but you are physically attracted to will make the marriage successful. That depends from person to person what you're attracted too.

    You're right with the part, that depression makes it harder. I really see how my behavior changed in regard to women. Before this depression I was really strict and disciplined with not mixing or at least not talking to women. However, in the last years it changed a bit. I am still aware that this is not right, but I say to myself: I haven't commited any sin in that regard, so I won't do it in the future. That might be a trick by Shaytan. However, I recite Quran as much as possible and keep the Ayah regarding to Zina in mind and fear Allah as much as possible. So inshaAllah, Almighty will prevent me from being one of the evildoers. Another thing is, I cannot really avoid mixing with women because of school and work. I kind of don't take it that serious anymore, because I know my character already, but I am also aware that more pious people than me has fallen into zinaa. So it's a dangerous game and I try to really focus and deal with the situation so Allah is not displeased with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
    It is likely that Allah has a good match for her and won't abandon her, If you marry her out of imagined pity, you may be putting yourself at risk of feeling very hurt when you have arguments (as is inevitable as you callibrate each other to common ground) since you will likely perceive her to be ungrateful and reaching above her league.

    Marriage is not only about self or compromise - it's frustratingly complicated and erratic (sometimes you wish they just fk off and leave you to progress without the emotional drain, that's when attraction in some lawful way is necessary - although it may be her inner purity that attracts you (snow white isn't necessarily as fair on the outside as within).

    I can't provide an answer and i don't think anyone else can, i am having more and more frequent arguments myself of late and struggling to find a balance of compromise, physical attraction is not the issue, rather - mental.
    i would advise you to make your choice with Allah in mind and with your own self interest taken into account up to a degree so that the value of the spouse is also an incentive to keep going through the storms.

    One thing i'll say for certain is - seek someone who is genuine.
    I think as you probably to do, that most people don't know how to fight or argue. I remember that I read an hadtih when RasulAllah saw. had a fight with one of his women and he left and went to the masjid and didn't come back after 3 months, if I remember correctly (if you know the hadith, please share it here). Sometimes it's the best to just take a break and calm down. If this bad energy is released often people see that the issue is smaller than it appeared.

    Quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    Assalamualaikum.

    Getting a wife is not as simple as buying t-shirt. If you want to buy t-shirt you can go to t-shirt shop, choose the t-shirt you like, buy, and the t-shirt now belong to you. …. But if you want to get a wife?. You can find a woman who meets your criteria. But if she is not interested to marry you, then how can you marry her?.

    When you meet a woman you maybe think “ah, she is not the type of woman that I want”. But do you realize?, when you meet a woman who you like, this woman maybe think too “ah, he is not the type of man that I want”. You can ask about it to the men who have ever rejected by women who they liked.

    That’s why, when a man seeks a wife he must able to tolerate if this woman does not really match his expectation, rather than insist to seek a woman in his dream but always get rejected and rejected, and finally he never get married.

    I don’t want to judge you as shallow because I know that you haven’t had experience with women, so you haven’t realize that not the woman beauty that will make a man loves her and feel comfortable. Different than me who is a widower who ever married for 19 years.

    My advice for you, try to see a woman not only on her physical attractiveness, because if you see a woman only on her physical attractivness, very possible you will fall into wrong woman, who look attractive but has very bad character and personality. Marrying woman like this will only makes you suffer.

    Yes, but what the point if you don't be happy with it? Beauty is subjective, everyone has a different view and taste on that. So what you might like I don't and the other way around. I myself am not good looking either, I would say on good days I look average and on bad days really ugly; but this is my personal view. Other people (except my mom) might find me attractive. I know that there are women they find me attractive (a few), but this is there view point. There are a lot of women many men would find them attractive, but I don't.

    I don't have a dream women. I just don't want corpulent women, because it's not attractive to me, and it's not healthy to be corpulent. I am not corpulent and try to eat really healthy (less or no meat, no sugar etc.), and like doing sports to keep my body and mind fit (even though my mind is confused lately). So why should I marry someone who is the opposite. I don't expect a model but normal healthy women. Appearance is subjective, there are no ugly people, it is from his or her view.

    As I said, I would not turn up appearance over character, but wouldn't marry someone with "perfect" character but subjective less physical appeal. I think there must be at least an atom of physical attractiveness, otherwise I would prefer being single. Because the reason for marriage is to be protected from zinaa, and if you feel not physical attractiveness what's the point? I know marriage is much more than intimacy, don't educate me on that

    PS: Sometimes buying a T-Shirt is hard, or to be more precise boxer shorts. It's really difficult to find good one, that fits perfect, but the problem is, you can not try them or return them (what is actually a good think that I support) ^^

    It's late, I am tired and apologize for any made mistakes.

  23. #19
    AbdurRahman.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    700
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    1738
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    590
    Likes (Received)
    546

    Re: What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2010 View Post
    Might be, but why should you do this? As you say if you find someone not only the character beautiful, you will feel attached to that person. I think if you marry someone not attractive but you are physically attracted to will make the marriage successful. That depends from person to person what you're attracted too.

    You're right with the part, that depression makes it harder. I really see how my behavior changed in regard to women. Before this depression I was really strict and disciplined with not mixing or at least not talking to women. However, in the last years it changed a bit. I am still aware that this is not right, but I say to myself: I haven't commited any sin in that regard, so I won't do it in the future. That might be a trick by Shaytan. However, I recite Quran as much as possible and keep the Ayah regarding to Zina in mind and fear Allah as much as possible. So inshaAllah, Almighty will prevent me from being one of the evildoers. Another thing is, I cannot really avoid mixing with women because of school and work. I kind of don't take it that serious anymore, because I know my character already, but I am also aware that more pious people than me has fallen into zinaa. So it's a dangerous game and I try to really focus and deal with the situation so Allah is not displeased with me.



    I think as you probably to do, that most people don't know how to fight or argue. I remember that I read an hadtih when RasulAllah saw. had a fight with one of his women and he left and went to the masjid and didn't come back after 3 months, if I remember correctly (if you know the hadith, please share it here). Sometimes it's the best to just take a break and calm down. If this bad energy is released often people see that the issue is smaller than it appeared.



    Yes, but what the point if you don't be happy with it? Beauty is subjective, everyone has a different view and taste on that. So what you might like I don't and the other way around. I myself am not good looking either, I would say on good days I look average and on bad days really ugly; but this is my personal view. Other people (except my mom) might find me attractive. I know that there are women they find me attractive (a few), but this is there view point. There are a lot of women many men would find them attractive, but I don't.

    I don't have a dream women. I just don't want corpulent women, because it's not attractive to me, and it's not healthy to be corpulent. I am not corpulent and try to eat really healthy (less or no meat, no sugar etc.), and like doing sports to keep my body and mind fit (even though my mind is confused lately). So why should I marry someone who is the opposite. I don't expect a model but normal healthy women. Appearance is subjective, there are no ugly people, it is from his or her view.

    As I said, I would not turn up appearance over character, but wouldn't marry someone with "perfect" character but subjective less physical appeal. I think there must be at least an atom of physical attractiveness, otherwise I would prefer being single. Because the reason for marriage is to be protected from zinaa, and if you feel not physical attractiveness what's the point? I know marriage is much more than intimacy, don't educate me on that

    PS: Sometimes buying a T-Shirt is hard, or to be more precise boxer shorts. It's really difficult to find good one, that fits perfect, but the problem is, you can not try them or return them (what is actually a good think that I support) ^^

    It's late, I am tired and apologize for any made mistakes.
    Bruv, I'll give you an alternative way to go about this.

    If you're not that good looking either, then you never know; you might not find another girl or it may take ages to find

    Beauty is only outer thing and it's inner beauty that really matters so If she is practicing and a nice and kind girl then that's what you should look for

    And Allah says he puts love and mercy in couples hearts so once you're married you'd get to love one another and that will fix any 'desire' problem there may be

    Also, a friend of my sister said something to her which is a bit on the taboo side but I'll tell you it as it can solve your problem. She is very black (A very dark Asian girl) and there is a stupid prejudice in Asian society where they think darker girls are not beautiful

    But she said, 'when the lights are off, everyone's got the same thing'

    You get that bro???

    So don't worry, visually she may not be that pretty, but when the lights will be off both the pretty one and not so pretty one is the same!
    Last edited by AbdurRahman.; 03-19-2019 at 01:23 AM.


  24. Hide
Hey there! What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What is wrong with me? Am I really that shallow?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Am I shallow?
    By KingAkbar in forum Family & Society
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2016, 08:54 AM
  2. wow wrong time wrong place
    By AHMED_GUREY in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 04:58 PM
  3. is this shallow
    By Ummu Sufyaan in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 04:34 PM
  4. what's wrong????!!!!!!!!!
    By 3ARABY_2005 in forum Feedback & Suggestions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 04:50 PM
  5. Wrong Place, Wrong Time
    By DaSangarTalib in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create