× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 1319

Why go to the mosque?

youngsister's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why go to the mosque?

Report bad ads?

Why Go To Mosque?

A mosque goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to mosque every Friday. 'I've gone for 30 years now,' he wrote, 'and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the Imams are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all.'

This started a real controversy in the 'Letters to the Editor' column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

'I've been married for 37 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals, But I do know this... They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to mosque for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!" -

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Na7lah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Proud LI Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why go to the mosque?

'I've been married for 37 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals, But I do know this... They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to mosque for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!" -
    lol mashallah! thnks sis
    Why go to the mosque?

Learn silence as you have learned speech.
    Speech will guide you, and silence will protect you.
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! Why go to the mosque? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why go to the mosque?