× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 2142

The term hjiab, can it be found in the Quran, sunnah? where?

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question The term hjiab, can it be found in the Quran, sunnah? where?

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaikum,

yesterday i was having a discussion with my friend, i cudnt explain the topic of hijab how hijab connects with the Quran and the sunnah, as i cudnt find evidences to prove that hijab is a obligatory act given by Allah(swt)! I am very embarassed, have less ilm on this topic. I am aware of it but cudnt explain myself

Can you plz kindly share some light on this topic from the sources given on the Quran and the sunnah inshaAllah. As some people do think its not a obligation upon women jus based on the culture. How would we influence others to knw the importance of hijab?

jazakillahu kahiran..

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    MSalman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Proud Islamist
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The term hjiab, can it be found in the Quran, sunnah? where?

| Likes Endymion liked this post

Fi Amanillah
    Wa As-Salāmu 'Alaykum
    Islamic-Life
    Bringing Da'wah back..to life!

عن تميم بن أوس الداري أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: قال الدين النصيحة ثلاثا قلنا لمن يا رسول الله قال لله ولكتابه ولرسوله ولأئمة المسلمين وعامتهم - رواه مسلم
    chat Quote

.iman.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

asalaam 3laykoum sister. No need to be embarrassed, if someone asks you a question about Islam, and you want to answer them correctly, it IS ok for you to tell them you will research and get back to them... no need to make up an explanation on the spot. There is a specific verse in the Qur'an that comes to mind when I explain to people about hijab. I have put several translations for you to see the similarities.

"And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands..."
    Sahih International

"And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands..."
    Yusuf Ali

"And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands..."
    Shakir

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands..."
    Muhsin Khan

So, yes it is specifically state in the Qur'an that women should cover their heads to their bosom (chest/breasts). The actual arabic word used in the Qur'an is khumur (plural of khimar) which is a cloth that is used to cover the head. The word "hijab" is not specifically used, but covering oneself is implied. Also, hijab is not limited to just covering the head, but refers to covering the entire body in a modest way. Wearing skinny jeans and tight tops with a head covering IS NOT hijab. The clothes worn must not show the figure of the woman, nor should they be transparent, or attention grabbing. Hijab also encompasses modest mannerisms and acting appropriately. I always include that in my explanations in regards to hijab.

I hope that helps you sis!
    Last edited by .iman.; 10-17-2011 at 10:34 PM.
    | Likes Pure Purple liked this post
    chat Quote

Bintulislam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Good job! JazakiAllah!

Enjoining Good And Forbidding Evil!

My Blog:
    http://bintulislam.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/flopsciencedaan
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    tw009's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"Allâh is sufficient for me. None has the right to be worshiped but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne."[Tawbah: 129]
    chat Quote

Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Assalamu alaikum,

yesterday i was having a discussion with my friend, i cudnt explain the topic of hijab how hijab connects with the Quran and the sunnah, as i cudnt find evidences to prove that hijab is a obligatory act given by Allah(swt)! I am very embarassed, have less ilm on this topic. I am aware of it but cudnt explain myself

Can you plz kindly share some light on this topic from the sources given on the Quran and the sunnah inshaAllah. As some people do think its not a obligation upon women jus based on the culture. How would we influence others to knw the importance of hijab?

jazakillahu kahiran..
    Asalaamu Alaikum sister, Surely those who think in such a way are those who lack knowledge in Islam and rather than learn correct knowledge in order to clarify their beliefs they continue to live in ignorance. To such people one should show evidence and prove the truth to them in a beautiful manner using wisdom and tact then leave it at that.

Why Hijaab?

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=4813&CATE=128

Let us know if you need anymore help.

May Allah open the eyes of those who are blind. Ameen

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! The term hjiab, can it be found in the Quran, sunnah? where? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The term hjiab, can it be found in the Quran, sunnah? where?