× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 39 visibility 5006

Homosexuality in Animals

Karina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Homosexuality in Animals

Report bad ads?

I'm studying language in non-human primates as part of my psychology degree.

Bonobo chimps are fascinating in terms of their intelligence and close similarities to humans, even more so than common chimpanzees.

Anyway, their sexual behaviour is also a matter of interest (although maybe more to zoologists than psychologists!) as they frequently 'mate' with most of the members of their group, male AND female, adult or juvenile - whoever! In fact when I say frequently, I mean all day every day, conflict resolution, friendship bonding, for pleasure....

Homosexuality is a no-no in the Qur'an, yet man's closest genetic relative uses it as one of their most frequent passtimes and social tools.

I just wondered - how is this explained in Islam?

PS Forgive me for the controversial subject matter - but this really is a genuine question!
    Last edited by Karina; 12-09-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    Homosexuality in Animals

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.

Friedrich Nietzsche
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Homosexuality in Animals

Animals are not bound by Islamic law.
    chat Quote

Karina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ah-haaaaaaaaa! There's the answer then!

Thanks.
    Homosexuality in Animals

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.

Friedrich Nietzsche
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and who said its only humans that are perverted?
    Homosexuality in Animals

ae8iug 1 - Homosexuality in Animals

wwwislamicboardcom - Homosexuality in Animals
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    Animals are not bound by Islamic law.
    I'm just adding a few extra thoughts along that line. Non-Humans, Non-Angels, and Non-Jinn do not have an immortal soul and will not live forever. They have no reason to need to seek Jannah, it is not an option for them. This life is all they have. Sin is a noexistent concept to them, Islamic law does not apply as Bro. Alpha said above.
    Homosexuality in Animals

Herman 1 - Homosexuality in Animals

chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

animals are also non-monogamous:

Researchers in animal behavior have long known that monogamy is uncommon in the natural world, but only with the advent of DNA "fingerprinting" have we come to appreciate how truly rare it is. Genetic testing has recently shown that even among many bird species it is not uncommon for 6% to 60% of the young to be fathered by someone other than the mother's social partner. As a result, we now know scientifically what most people have long known privately: that social monogamy does not necessarily imply sexual monogamy.
    http://banderasnews.com/0911/hb-monogamyisnteasy.htm

So it appears are animals aren't only un-bound by islamic law.. they also seem to dismiss secular one..

all the best
    Homosexuality in Animals

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Homosexuality in Animals

chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Karina View Post
    I'm studying language in non-human primates as part of my psychology degree.

Bonobo chimps are fascinating in terms of their intelligence and close similarities to humans, even more so than common chimpanzees.

Anyway, their sexual behaviour is also a matter of interest (although maybe more to zoologists than psychologists!) as they frequently 'mate' with most of the members of their group, male AND female, adult or juvenile - whoever! In fact when I say frequently, I mean all day every day, conflict resolution, friendship bonding, for pleasure....

Homosexuality is a no-no in the Qur'an, yet man's closest genetic relative uses it as one of their most frequent passtimes and social tools.

I just wondered - how is this explained in Islam?

PS Forgive me for the controversial subject matter - but this really is a genuine question!

How do you come to the conclusion that they are the "closest" to human primates in terms of behavior? By summing up all the similarities? For that matter, rats show amazing similarity to humans in terms of behavior as well as biology. Mind you, they are not as much related genetically at the same time to humans ... so you are just shooting in the dark here by arguing that since humans closest relatives do it, why not humans. Not only that, using argumentation for supporting behavior across species deny the very fact that they are different species.

The argument that if its normal in chimpanzees then it should be normal in humans is fallacious. Widow spider eats its male partner after copulation. That should be allowed in a secular society too for angry females to kill their mates after sex. I bet that would see the rise masculists.
    chat Quote

GreyKode's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No offense to the OP, but this has to be the most ridiculous argument regarding homosexuality.
    From what little I know, this type of behaviour in animals is more of a dominating practice, the alpha male dominates or humbles the other male, like in prison the big guy does the same for two reasons, to satisfy a sexual desire which if possible it would have been with a female and to demonstrate strength and dominance.
    I don't think that's the example of inmates is a very good one to be followed.
    Second, the claimed homosexuality in humans is that of desiring males more than females, I don't think that's the case with animals i.e. favouring males even in the presence of a females.
    Finally, this is only from my limited knowledge about the issue.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Homosexuality is a psychiatric disorder. I have talked to 3 doctors and that is what their opinion is. Of course they dont voice it because their job and salary is beloved to them. If they do so, their license would be snatched and what not. Anyways. Other psychiatric disorders are the extreme desire to have sex with a dead body, orgasm reached just by looking at women's clothes etc. I do not want to name em all, but getting aroused after looking at the same sex is very similar to getting aroused after looking at bikini.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    BlackMamba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think it is a psychological disorder, but the APA no longer says so. I think up until the 1970s it was classified by the apa as a mental disorder.
    Homosexuality in Animals

chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Scientifically how would Homosexuality be defined as a disorder?

For disorders, there are set of criteria to be met. Can the same be done with Homosexuality?
    Homosexuality in Animals

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    Scientifically how would Homosexuality be defined as a disorder?

For disorders, there are set of criteria to be met. Can the same be done with Homosexuality?
    It was considered a pathological deviation of normal sexual development in DSM-II now in DSM-IV it is considered a normal variant...

http://www.psychiatryonline.com/DSMP...y_Revision.pdf

it was also criminalized in many western societies:

pls see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_law

but since the laws have changed in the west, they'd like the rest of the world to jump on the same wagon..

I personally couldn't care less who does what in their bedroom, so long as the rest of us aren't made painfully aware of it on daily basis with allowances that go both against nature, family unit, and religious morality!

and Allah swt knows best

Last edited by جوري; 12-09-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Homosexuality in Animals

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Homosexuality in Animals

chat Quote

Argamemnon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    and who said its only humans that are perverted?
    Most humans are worse. Animals can't choose to not be perverted, while humans choose to be perverted and do horrible things. By doing so, a large number of people lower themselves below the level of animals.

Last edited by Argamemnon; 12-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    chat Quote

Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow, nice thread. i often wondered this. I grew up on a farm and learnt about the birds and the bees when i was about 5! anyway, I often used to watch the sheep and the young male sheep would often "practise" on each other. I always found this strange.
    Homosexuality in Animals

rose4 1 - Homosexuality in Animals
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya View Post

wow, nice thread. i often wondered this. I grew up on a farm and learnt about the birds and the bees when i was about 5! anyway, I often used to watch the sheep and the young male sheep would often "practise" on each other. I always found this strange.
    Never heard of homosexuality in sheep.

Regarding APA, they did change their guidelines under the disguise of "scientific reasons" jsut because homosexuals are normal in everything else except sexual behavior. They have great minds and can be good scientists etc. Same cannot be said for people with peadophilic tendencies etc. Could be that homosexuality is a somewhat benign disorder in which other functions of the brain are not damaged and thus apparently does not "meet" the disorder guidelines of APA.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya View Post

i would have probably covered my eyes :blind: and got sick that is disgusting man
    Homosexuality in Animals

ae8iug 1 - Homosexuality in Animals

wwwislamicboardcom - Homosexuality in Animals
    chat Quote

Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeh well, believe me i saw pretty much everything on the farm. so nothing really phases me. I saw animals give birth, mating and even used to go with mum to slaughter a chicken for dinner! so nothing new! lol
    Homosexuality in Animals

rose4 1 - Homosexuality in Animals
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I thought that an animals instinct is run and dictated by their chemical make-up. so if an animal exhibits homosexual traits, couldn't mean that their is some sort of chemical imbalance in them?
    Homosexuality in Animals

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

Chuck's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well to my knowledge, they just do sex, it is not homosexuality per se. They exhibit both homosexual and heterosexual behavior. And another thing, it is really difficult to ask them if they prefer male over females.
    Homosexuality in Animals

It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât, and gives the Zakât, and keep their word whenever they make a promise, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of persecution, hardship, and war. Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Well to my knowledge, they just do sex, it is not homosexuality per se. They exhibit both homosexual and heterosexual behavior. And another thing, it is really difficult to ask them if they prefer male over females.
    LOL.

I agree however.
    Unlike humans, animals do not have conscience that control their hormonal urges.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Homosexuality in Animals Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Homosexuality in Animals